PDA

View Full Version : Legend of the Four

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 02:37 AM
You awaken in a strange place. The air sells old, like a room that has not been opened in a very long time. You are sitting in the dark on what feels like an ancient stone throne. Sitting in your lap is a crystal that is giving off the same level of a light as a cell phone. In the other corners of the room you can see four other glowing objects just faintly. The stone throne if you move your hands around, without first grabbing the crystal on your lap, is covered in strange runes. They seem so familiar and you are sure you know what they mean despite never reading runes before. If you try to call out you notice how silent the room is. You hear nothing not even your own voice.

only1doug
2012-10-31, 02:53 AM
JHJ

"Huh, what, where am I? Why can't I hear my own voice?"Looking around, James takes in the contents of the room before picking up the glowing crystal for closer examination, "and just what do we have here? Dang, still no sound!"

Medic!
2012-10-31, 03:48 AM
Daniel

Dan looks around as he absently scratches with a nail at the carvings on his seat. No sound...no light, aside from some creepy glow in the dark novelty shop knock-offs...I've gotta stop sneaking Good n Plenty's before bed time... He shifts in his seat impatiently. Why can't I ever dream about Laura Fisher from down the street? This has to be some kind of wierd dream. At least I'm not naked this time. The last thought is accompanied by a silent sigh.

He picks up the crystal in his lap, and gazes into its depths....suddenly he wasn't so sure it was a dream...

Escheton
2012-10-31, 04:09 AM
Percy

Surprised that he feels calm and comfortable instead of fearful and cornered, Percy reaches for his flash-light and inhaler.
No pockets. No sound either. More glows in the dark.
He tries to reach out: "Hello? Anyone out there!?"
Still no sound. Still not worried either. Odd.
Ok Perc ol' boy, time to scout your immediate surroundings. What are you sitting on?" Stone, marble maybe? Adornments. Runes? I know this. How do I know this?
He bends over slightly, bringing his head closer to the light in his lap.
"Siri, where am I?"

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 04:28 AM
Conleth groans as his hand moves up to reach for his head. When he is surrounded by darkness his first thought was that he was hung over and lost somewhere. When he realized that he could not even hear his own groans he freaked.

"Is anyone there?" He called out, well he tried to call out. That was when his eye caught the light source on his lap. With his right hand he reached out to grab it.

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 04:37 AM
When you reach out and grasp the crystal something happens. It starts to glow and brightly. The crystal becomes warm in your hand while you become stiff and cold. After another moment the color of light Changes. Lightning surges forth from The Crystal James holds filling the room with the loud crack of thunder. Light like a bright summer day spreads from the Crystal in Percy's hand. Conleth and his crystal burst into flames filling the room with warmth. Finally The Crystal In Daniel's hand pulls in the light calming it bringing shadows to the room.

Then each one explodes and a creature made out of either fire a storm light or shadow stands on your lap. It looks strangely human and quite happy to see you.

If you look around you are in a thrown at the corner of a perfectly square room. The walls floor and ceiling are all covered in rules that for some reason you recognize as spells to summon bind and hide something very powerful. If you take some time you will notice the runes on the chairs are now glowing but you are not completely sure anymore what they mean.

Please describe your new attire. Everyone can see everyone.

Medic!
2012-10-31, 04:55 AM
Dan the Shadow-man

Daniel stifles a gasp when the gem explodes in his lap, leaving behind...You're kidding me... a small human-shaped...glob of dark? If this IS a dream, it's a weird one.

"Don't mind the duds though, pretty damn sick!" He plucks at his garb as he stands from the throne, Pitch black pants, well-fitting, plenty of room to wiggle. A little emo for my tastes, but hey, at least they match the shirt. As he feels under his shirt he notices Body armor? No...a chain-link shirt? HA!

He reaches up to adjust his customary ball-cap only to find it's been replaced by a cowl, complete with a mask covering his mouth and nose. "I'M A GODDAMN NINJA! SCORE!" he shouts in surprise. "If I'm dreamin', don't wake me up!"

only1doug
2012-10-31, 04:56 AM
Shoulder length White hair blows around in an unseen wind as the lean but well muscled man looks around, then grabs at his white and blue Karate outfit

A thousand questions run through his head as he looks around the room.

"What happened to my normal clothes? where did this come from?"
"Hey, I've never felt this good, am I taller?"
"I had short dark hair, why is it long and white now?"

Muting his silent questions James speaks out,
"I can clearly remember knowing, for certain, that magic only exists in fantasy but now I know those are runes are active spells..."

Stroking the creature in his lap "And you are defininately not just a fantasy, are you little fellow."

Escheton
2012-10-31, 04:59 AM
Mercy

Looking around curiously at the other seats of power and each elemental, Percy ends his gaze at himself.

He notes that he is dressed in light flowing garb tied more tightly at the waist, ankles and lower arms. Heavy steel bracers, belt and leather boots of solid black conflict with the soft whites and grays of his clothing. Consisting of a simple shirt and vest and airy britches.

He gives a short greeting wave towards the creature of light sitting in his lap.

only1doug
2012-10-31, 05:14 AM
Rolling out of the chair to handspring into an arial somersault and landing deftly in a standing position James snaps out a bewildering flurry of kicks and punches, "Hey Ninja, I've become Ryu!"

Visual Image, just think of Ryu but with light blue trim and shoulder length white hair that is somehow always being blown backwards away from his face by a wind that is otherwise imperceptible.

Medic!
2012-10-31, 05:23 AM
Daniel

Noticing the others around him for the first time, Dan lets out a chuckle, "You aren't hidin' Chun-Li behind you by any chance are you?" He scoops up the little shadow and gives it a perch on his shoulder as he surveys the room.

Offhandedly he offers, "Name's Dan, Dan Brock, from Independence, Missouri." with a bit of a southern accent.

Dan studies the runes about the room for a moment, trying to bring their understanding back to the front of his mind. [roll0]

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 05:44 AM
Medic!There was a very complex ritual done here with old magic. The energy needed would have cost many lives. It was a spell powerful enough to rip a god away stuff it in here lock it away and keep it secret that they did this.

The shadow elemental on Daniel's shoulder clings on tightly," You make a good perch"

The Storm elemental floats after James and says in a calm voice," Sir... please do not leave me behind."

The light elemental smiles happily and waves back" Greetings Creator."

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 05:51 AM
Conleth is dressed in a sleeveless deep red trenchcoat. Underneath is a simple black tshirt and a cord necklace with a strong large tooth on it. He wears a pair of loose white pants, the type one wears while practicing Chinese martial arts. His hands have thick leather gloves on them and his feet on in thick black traveling boots. The change in clothing and in his body has disturbed Conleth no doubt but he cannot stop staring at the elemental on his lap. It in turn stares back at him. After a long pause while the rest of the group is introducing themselves to each other the elemental speaks up.

"You're alright." It says before floating off.

With it off his lap Conleth stands up and accidentally jumps. How could he be so much stronger and so much lighter... This was amazing," Hi guys... I am Conleth. Are you all alcohol poisoning induced hallucinations are are you all real?"

Escheton
2012-10-31, 06:04 AM
Percy

"Hello little one. How am I your creator?" Percy asks the creature of light. He also reaches out to it softly with his hand to examine it's density and substance and if he can gently pick it up, not knowing if he can as it seems to be made of translucent light. He takes it on his hand and stands up, making a formal salute.

"Percy Smith, US army.
We could of course slap each other around with a large trout and see what happens."
Saying this he makes a joking gesture. And with that several gallons of water materialize in midair and fall to the floor in the center of the room.

Medic!
2012-10-31, 06:13 AM
Daniel

Dan strides over to Percy, extending his hand to shake, "Proud to meet you sir, I'm shipping out to Navy bootcamp in a few weeks myself! So uh...when does Gandalf come out and tell us about the princess in a tower we have to slay a dragon to save?"

This dream is getting weirder and weirder...I'd wiggle my fingers but I'd probly end up naked in the girls' locker-room or something...

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 06:15 AM
The elemental of light, though it cannot normally be touched by corporeal creatures is touched normally by you. The same with Daniel and his shadow. When Percy Salutes so does the light creature," I do not know how you are my creator, simply that you created me. I am not complete yet, but I am still happy to be here."

only1doug
2012-10-31, 06:16 AM
Looking at the other men James replies to their introductions,
"I'm James Harvey Jones, formerly of London."

to Conleth James replies:
"I'm inclined to believe the Halucination hypothesis but..."
Observing the flash flood, James's eyes widen slightly.

To the familiar he replies "grab a shoulder then little one, and hold on tight!"

Escheton
2012-10-31, 06:20 AM
Percy

Like his fellow King of Old he puts the creature on his shoulder and shakes the hand of the ninja.

"Alright Dorothy, lets look for a yellow-brick road.

He wanders around and examines the walls whilst looking for an exit. All the while trying to recreate the motion that emptied the bathtub.

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 06:21 AM
Almost as if commanded by Daniel's words orbs of light form on the walls. From them energy trails along the runes traveling along the floor. They reach to the center and form a perfect circle. Inside the circle of light a strange symbol forms that you all seem to know as the symbol for hope. The rock fades away form the floor and a pedestal rises. On the pedestal are four more runes.They read Fire, Storm, Light, shadow. These runes however do not glow. Instead they seem to be palm sized coins.

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 06:24 AM
Despite being made of wind the tiny elemental holds on to you as if it had hands However in response to the water being thrown the elemental lets loose a tiny zap of energy at Percy.

If you want to try and dodge it dc 1 reflex or you take 1 nonlethal.

Medic!
2012-10-31, 06:25 AM
Daniel

Daniel quietly asides to the shadow on his shoulder, "Whaddaya say Boss, that one looks like ours..." as he snatches the Shadow coin off of the pedestal. He examines it closely for a moment as it rolls back and forth across his knuckles.

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 06:27 AM
As Daniel rolls the coin in his hand it cracks in half turns black then fades away. Then almost immediately he hears something.

The sound of two beautiful women yawning form a long sleep can be heard coming from your shadow, but only you hear it.

"Good morning master." They say in unison.

only1doug
2012-10-31, 06:35 AM
"now, now breezy, don't get snappish"
Striding over to the Pedestal James picks up the storm coin without any hesitation.

Medic!
2012-10-31, 06:36 AM
Daniel

Daniel looks toward the sound. Wondered how long it would take before things livened up...I'm likin' this already!

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 06:36 AM
As Conleth stands up his familiar flies over and grabs at the coin trying desperately to lift it,"Come take this so that we can go fight! Hurry!"

Conleth Scratches his head and blinks a few times before just ignoring the fiery creature,"Um... Conleth Gaston. I am from Seatle. I do not think this is a hallucination. You lot seem far to real, especially compared to this place... And the knowledge I have. It is not even odd, I feel as if I always knew it."

Escheton
2012-10-31, 06:41 AM
Percy

"Looks like ya got a feisty one there, bub.", Percy responds after adeptly dodging the little outburst.

Using his momentum, he moves towards the light coin. But does not pick it up, instead he turns to Daniel.
"You ok?"
Hearing the flame speak of battle he asks his light: "Fight? Who do we fight? And why?"

Ref save:[roll0]

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 07:03 AM
When James Pick's up the coin it turns into a gust of wind that then form into handwraps floating in the air in front of him. They call out to James as if alive wanting to be worn.

Ember the Fire elemental looks to Percy and practically growls,"Whatever comes next. This is just like in the comics my master has read. We are in some kind of dungeon. The only way out is going to be through glorious combat... or a door might just pop open and let us outside. BUT somewhere outside there will be heroic deeds that need doing!!"

Conleth could not help but laugh at the hyper comments of his tiny would be hero. He reached out and grabbed to coin that immediately exploded into flames. When the flames coalesced they formed a greatsword.http://www.freewebs.com/voiddemon/Ichiteix.JPG

Medic!

"Let us out... We want to play."
"Yes. It is stuffy in here."

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 07:10 AM
The storm elemental just snickered before saying,"I was just playing. He got out of the way. I will do better net time."

only1doug
2012-10-31, 07:25 AM
James smoothly binds the Handwraps around his hands, the complex pattern seems to be natural to him as he doesn't hesitate or waver.

Laughing he says, "Fiesty isn't the half of it, he's after you now."

Medic!
2012-10-31, 07:34 AM
Daniel

Daniel kneels down pretending to tie his shoe (and belatedly realizing his shoes have no laces), serreptitiously looking at his shadow, trying to figure out who's talking to him.

"Oh, yeah...sure, just fine. Dandy. Why wouldn't I be ok?"

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 07:36 AM
The light elemental looks to the fire then back to Percy," I suppose he could be right... What is my name sir?"

Escheton
2012-10-31, 07:36 AM
Percy

Being quite familiar with dungeons Percy quickly reaches for the coin in hopes of a weapon. As one does not want to stand empty handed when the dungeon brings the party to you and you feel the breath of a cave-troll on a troglodyte diet.

"How would you wish to be named?"

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 07:38 AM
When Daniel kneels down the shadow elemental move with him. It points calmly at to hilts just barely noticeable in Daniel's shadow.

"I think... These are what are speaking."

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 07:41 AM
The coin begins to glow brightly then it suddenly flashes and an amulet sit's i Percy's hand. It is a large gem set in gold on a gold chain. The gem is beautiful unlike anything anyone in this room has seen before. Then rather unceremoniously a rather large hammer made out of a strange black metal clunks onto the floor behind Percy.

"Whatever you choose to call me will be fine. I just want to have a name sir."

Medic!
2012-10-31, 07:41 AM
Daniel

Daniel scoops the hilts up, realizing they are blades. "Er...thanks!" He slips one up each sleeve and glances up at the shadow on his shoulder. "You know, Percy's got a point...you're awfully quiet, what's your name Champ?"

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 07:47 AM
Medic!

Thank you... We have been in the cold dark so long. The warmth of your hand is nice...
Take me into battle and I will not fail you.

The Shadow elemental looked at Daniel curiously," I was birthed of your energy but moments ago. Whether you meant to or not you created me. I would like you to name me, but I could easily choose one for myself."

Medic!
2012-10-31, 07:50 AM
Daniel

"Oh that would never do...least I could do is give you a name I guess...how do you like..."Radar?""

Once that's settled, he addresses the other two speaking things that have dropped into his life in the last few minutes. "And do I need to name you two ladies also?"

only1doug
2012-10-31, 07:51 AM
Still winding on the Handwraps, James glances at his shoulder, "how about you Breezy, you have any preference for a name?"

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 07:52 AM
Conleth swung is sword around a few times and smirked happily. It felt to light in his hand even though he knew it was so actually quite heavy. What a beautiful thing it was. It seemed hungry though. That was odd.

The Fire elemental turned to Conleth rather expectantly,"So.....?"

"Oh your name is totally Ember." He said with a CHuckle but Ember seemed to like it.

With all 4 coins removed the pedestal began to glow. It turned into energy that flowed through the floor. It moved to the wall before creating a door frame 10 feet wide that reached the ceiling. The section of wall faded away to nothing and the glow died. It was dark but the air began to flow.

Listen checks please.

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 07:53 AM
The storm elemental stroked it's pseudo-chin. "Not sure... but if you call breezy again I will zap you." it said in a quite playful tone.

Escheton
2012-10-31, 07:54 AM
Percy

"Ow, heck yeah! Bling and a ten ton hammer."
Whilst carefully putting on the necklace he asks his new companion "How does "Thomas" feel? After Thomas Alfa Edison.
Turning around he picks up the beast of a hammer and swings it around a bit to see where the balance lies. Finding out that he is exceptionally adept at wielding it in the process.

Medic!
2012-10-31, 07:54 AM
Daniel

"Who had five bucks on a door to the outside randomly appearing?"

[roll0]

only1doug
2012-10-31, 08:04 AM
listen check [roll0]

James picks up a quarterstaff from next to 'his' throne and twirls it expertly,
"Ok, Stormfront then."

"Outside? well outside this room sure"

Escheton
2012-10-31, 08:14 AM
Percy

"Alright, lets slip into something a little more comfortable and befitting my weapon. Suddenly Percy transforms before your eyes. Size increasing, arms lengthening and skin turning a vile green untill a large hunched over Troll stand before you.
Hmm, nice. But perhaps a bit barbaric. Lets add some armor for a bit more regal look.
With those words a bright shiny plate of armor forms around him, obscuring his looks. With sounds of bone and tendons snapping and breaking he rights himself, rotating his shoulder a bit and doing some light stretching.
"Ok, bring on this dungeon!'

Cast enhance wildshape, wildshape into a troll. Cast an extended luminous armor. 1 wildshape and 12 spellpoints spent. 7 hour wildshape, 18 hour armor

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 08:20 AM
Thomas it is.

Radar is acceptable.

Sounds powerful.

"Hey do any of your hear that? Ember hears something." Conleth says to the group before staring at the growing green man,"Holy **** you are the Shiny Hulk!"

Escheton
2012-10-31, 08:29 AM
Percy Smash!

"Heads up, there seems to be a large insectoid or arachnid coming this way."

He picks up his hammer, swings it over his other shoulder and goes to investigate further.

Darkvision 90ft, lowlight vision. Shines like daylight.

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 08:33 AM
The taps speedu p and become louder and a few moments later a spider the size of a small car bursts through the open doorway. INITIATIVE EVERYBODY!!!

Medic!
2012-10-31, 08:48 AM
Daniel

When he hears the tapping from the doorway, Daniel nimbly drops his new blades into his waiting palms and begins moving towards the wall on the near side of the doorway. That light...gotta get away from that light. And if somethin's comin' this'll be a good spot for an ambush...

[roll0]
[roll1]

only1doug
2012-10-31, 09:08 AM
James Initiative [roll0]
Stormfront Initiative [roll1]

James drops the quaterstaff and Combat casts greater Mage Armour [roll2] (18+ required to pass), sharing the spell with Stormfront.

Stormfront shocks the spider, [roll3] non-lethal electrical damage, DC12 fort save for 1/2 damage.

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 09:15 AM
Init: Ember, Daniel, James, Stormfront, Radar, Spider, Conleth, Percy, Thomas.

Ember charges the creature slamming it's fist into the beast.
1d20+8 2d4

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 09:29 AM
[roll0] [roll1]

However the elemental ends up missing and running right into the wall

Medic!
2012-10-31, 09:36 AM
Daniel

As soon as he sees the spider come fully through the doorway, Daniel springs into action, kukris slicing at the creature's leg joints. Once his routine is finished he vanishes behind the arachnid, making a few quick gestures and snapping his fingers. "Git 'em Radar!"

Radar attacks from Dan's shoulder, delivering the spell his master casted on him.

EDIT: Daniel will cast Touch of Fatigue for Radar to hold the charge on, then follow the spider as it passes by him, trying to avoid its notice as he stalks directly behind it.

Full attack on the spider as it exits the doorway, followed by a 5-ft step to move behind it (into the doorway/to the doorway side of it), and a swift cast of Touch of Fatigue for Radar to hold the charge on as a touch spell.

[roll0] (+4 if Ember ends up flanking)
[roll1] (+4 if Ember ends up flanking)
[roll2] (+2 if flanked)
[roll3] (+2 if flanked)
[roll4]

[roll5] (+4 if Ember ends up flanking)
[roll6] (+4 if Ember ends up flanking)
[roll7] (+2 if flanked)
[roll8] (+2 if flanked)
[roll9]

[roll10] (+4 if Ember ends up flanking)
[roll11] (+4 if Ember ends up flanking)
[roll12] (+2 if flanked)
[roll13] (+2 if flanked)
[roll14]

[roll15] (+4 if Ember ends up flanking)
[roll16] (+4 if Ember ends up flanking)
[roll17] (+2 if flanked)
[roll18] (+2 if flanked)
[roll19]When it's his turn:

Radar will attack the spider
[roll20] (+2 if we got a flanker)
[roll21] (+2 if we got a flanker)
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
And the spider can make its DC 14 Fort save vs. Fatigued

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 10:12 AM
The spider tries to bite at the one creature that actually damaged it but it is unable to harm a living shadow.

Conleth for a moment does not know what to do. Then it comes in, a strange calm takes him over shutting out all distractions as if he were a seasoned fighter. Then he charged slashing his blade in a flurry of fiery death

Spending 7 spell points

[roll0] Hit 1
[roll1] Confirm 1
[roll2] Damage
[roll3] fire

[roll4] Hit 2
[roll5] Confirm 2
[roll6] Damage
[roll7] fire

[roll8] Hit 3
[roll9] Confirm 3
[roll10] Damage
[roll11] fire

The spider dies in a flash of fire and metal, but the ruckus made by the battle has caused something. The sound of more spiders are coming. dc 26 listen check to figure out how many.

only1doug
2012-10-31, 05:05 PM
James casts heart of water and shield upon himself, again sharing the spells with stormfront.

SP Used so far today: 11, remaining 65

Spell durations:
Greater Mage Armour :9 hours
Heart of Water: 9 hours
Shield: 9 minutes

Strainseir
2012-10-31, 10:20 PM
"I have no idea what is going on, but I am kinda digging this. I say we charge the things before they swarm this room." Conleth said as he started casting spells on himself.

Fist of stone Haste and shield.

only1doug
2012-11-01, 01:01 AM
"Good plan, lets do it."
"Everyone ready?"

James stands at the doorway in a defensive martial arts posture until the others have completed their preparations.

intention here is to prevent the spiders getting into the room if they arrive before everyone finishes buffing, Full defense action each round until party are ready to advance

Escheton
2012-11-01, 09:40 AM
Percy

"Although I do not expect any surprises, I consider it wiser to stand our ground on familiar soil. We can bottleneck them here at the entrance as well. I'd rather not get swarmed."
He leisurely walks over to the opening towards the caverns and stands ready.

Medic!
2012-11-01, 09:43 AM
Daniel

Everyone seems to have cool magic but me...now I know this isn't a dream...if it was my dream I'd be the wizard

With Radar back on his shoulder he flicks his wrist with another snap and a hasty mumble, imbuing the tiny shadow with another Touch of Fatigue, and stands next to James with a grim look on his face. "I think I'm convinced there's something odd going on here. Can't possibly be dreaming. You wanna call Pest Control or should I?"

only1doug
2012-11-01, 09:54 AM
James

With a grin the now 12'4 tall James replies, "I'll be the Pest control, I'm about ready to splat some bugs."

"Oh, Dan, would you like to Join me up here or are you happy at your normal size?"

Strainseir
2012-11-01, 10:48 AM
"TO BATTLE!" The tiny living flame shouts as it charges forward lighting the way. Conleth lets out a curse,"Damnit Ember!" Before he chaises after the psychotic creature. Just as he catches up to him the light the elemental sheds expose 3 of the coming spiders, one of which is on a nearby wall.

Everyone but Conleth and Ember get a single ranged attack surprise round. This can be a spell or a thrown or other ranged weapon. If you are casting a spell it must not take longer than a standard action to cast.

Also new Init please.

Medic!
2012-11-01, 11:13 AM
Daniel

"No thanks er...big guy! I'm just getting used to being completely different...any more might just send me over the cliff so to speak."

With a shrug, Daniel tries to keep up with the enthusiastic Ember.

[roll0] [roll1] Move action to move towards the fray, to a flanking position if possible. If he has the movement to spare he'll tumble to avoid AoOs [roll2]

only1doug
2012-11-01, 11:14 AM
James

Suprise round
Ray of Frost on the wall walking spider (WWS) against touch ac: [roll0],[roll1] cold damage

Initiative: [roll2]

1st round: If a spider is 15' distance then 5' step towards it and Flurry of Blows (full attack). if within 10' just flurry of Blows (full attack). If outside of 15' but within 100' then Charge and Flurry of Blows (Standard action version)
(attacking the Wall walking Spider by Preference

Attacks
Attack of Opportunity (If spiders win initiative and provoke by moving through 10' reach)
attack [roll3] Clear Miss, 1 rolled
confirm [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

First attack
attack [roll6] (17 if charge was needed)
confirm [roll7] (+2 more if charge was needed)
Damage [roll8]
Clap of thunder damage [roll9]

Second Attack
attack [roll10] (13 if charge was needed)
confirm [roll11] (+2 more if charge was needed)
Damage [roll12]
Clap of thunder damage [roll13]

Third attack (not applicable on Charge attack)
attack [roll14]
confirm [roll15]
Damage [roll16]
Clap of thunder damage [roll17]

James' AC is 24 if he charged or 26 if he didn't.

Stormfront
Suprise round
Shock on any spider within 10' (WWS by Preference), autohit [roll18] non lethal electrical damage, fort save (DC12) for 1/2.

Initiative: [roll19]

1st round:
Shock on any spider within 10' (WWS by Preference), autohit [roll20] non lethal electrical damage, fort save (DC12) for 1/2.
Followed by thunder and lightning, trying to get as many spiders in the line of lightning as possible. ( but no allies except James and Stormfront)

Stormfront's AC is 29

Escheton
2012-11-01, 12:20 PM
Percy

A thorn the size of a large javelin shoots forth from Percy's outstretched hand towards one of the spiders (whichever got hurt already). [splinterbolt, 3 spellpoints]
[roll0]
crit confirm [roll1]
[roll2]
if crit (18-20) [roll3]

Thomas follows this action with a ray of light [roll4] dc 15 ref for half.

Strainseir
2012-11-01, 07:54 PM
Ember shouts a tiny battle cry before leaping onto the closest spider.
[roll0] grapple

"You are insane Ember!" Conleth laughs as he forces energy once more into his blade awakening the eye to set the blade a blaze. Then he strikes savagely at the spider his companion is attempting to leap on.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] 5 foot radius fire

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6] 5 foot radius fire

[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9] 5 foot radius fire

Strainseir
2012-11-01, 08:03 PM
The spider on the wall and the spider that has an elemental stuck to do it die in a gooey mess of spider gore. The deaths however bring the rest down and all six charge in baring fangs at the 4 and their pets.

First Spider charges James

Miss

Second Spider Charges James

Miss

Third spider charges Ember

The spiders are rolling so low.

Fourth Spider Charges Conleth

The spiders have not yet rolled higher than an 8

Fifth goes after Ember

12 damage

Final spider goes after Daniel

15 damage and make a fort save please.

Escheton
2012-11-01, 10:09 PM
Percy

A ray of slight blueish light emanates from Thomas towards Daniel, healing him for [roll0] points of taken damage.

Still think you are dreaming? Or is the stinging pain real enough for you?

Percy moves to a spot where he can use his size to his advantage, maybe flank, but mostly where the largest number of spiders threaten him, and brings down his hammer on one of the 2 that struck true.
[roll1]
[roll2]

Strainseir
2012-11-01, 10:37 PM
The spider crumples down as half of it's body is caved in by the massive hammer wielded by the troll

Medic!
2012-11-01, 10:44 PM
Daniel

"DAMN that smarts! And I'm startin' to feel a bit woosy..."

Daniel feels an arcane power surge up inside him, and channels his pain into a furious attack routine.

Radar attacks the spider that bit Daniel, then moves to facilitate a flank where he can.

[roll0]

Daniel will take an adjustment step as necessary to get to a place where he can reach as many spiders as possible, if flanking, so much the better!
Full attack, channeling Dimension Hop at 6th CL (4sp). Any spider hit that fails a DC 16 will save is teleported into the air over a square all of us have between us, as high in the air as possible without being in reach of the ceiling (no more than 15ft teleport distance per spider total)

[roll1] (+4 if flanking)
[roll2] (+4 if flanking)
[roll3] (+2 if flanking)
[roll4] (+2 if flanking)
[roll5] (if flanking)

[roll6] (+4 if flanking)
[roll7] (+4 if flanking)
[roll8] (+2 if flanking)
[roll9] (+2 if flanking)
[roll10] (if flanking)

[roll11] (+4 if flanking)
[roll12] (+4 if flanking)
[roll13] (+2 if flanking)
[roll14] (+2 if flanking)
[roll15] (if flanking)

[roll16] (+4 if flanking)
[roll17] (+4 if flanking)
[roll18] (+2 if flanking)
[roll19] (+2 if flanking)
[roll20] (if flanking)

[roll21] (+2 if flanking)
[roll22] (+2 if flanking)
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
And a DC 14 Fort save vs Fatigued

Strainseir
2012-11-02, 01:57 AM
Another spider falls to the ground as blacked frozen hunks drained of life.

only1doug
2012-11-02, 03:18 AM
James

In a Blur of Motion James starts pummeling a spider, his fists moving almost to rapidly for the eye to follow.

Full attack flurry of blows:

1st attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]
Clap of thunder Damage [roll2]
Crit confirm (if needed)[roll3]
Crit damage [roll4]
Crit Clap of thunder Damage [roll5]

2nd attack [roll6]
damage [roll7]
Clap of thunder Damage [roll8]
Crit confirm (if needed)[roll9]
Crit damage [roll10]
Crit Clap of thunder Damage [roll11]

3rd attack [roll12]
damage [roll13]
Clap of thunder Damage [roll14]
Crit confirm (if needed)[roll15]
Crit damage [roll16]
Crit Clap of thunder Damage [roll17]

Stormfront
Shock on a spider, autohit [roll18] non lethal electrical damage, fort save (DC12) for 1/2.

only1doug
2012-11-02, 03:21 AM
James

In a Blur of Motion James starts pummeling a spider, his fists moving almost to rapidly for the eye to follow.

1st attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]
Crit damage [roll4]

2nd attack [roll6]
damage [roll7]
Crit damage [roll10]

3rd attack [roll12]
damage [roll13]
Crit damage [roll16]

Stormfront
Shock on a spider, autohit [roll18] non lethal electrical damage, fort save (DC12) for 1/2.[/QUOTE]

Strainseir
2012-11-02, 05:42 AM
Ember leaps in the spider that was just punched once by James.
[roll0]

Conleth cries out,"this is awesome!" as he attacks another spider slashing without the use of his spell energy this time.

[roll1] attack 1
[roll2] Confirm 1
[roll3] Damage 1

[roll4] attack 2
[roll5] Confirm 2
[roll6] Damage 2

[roll7] attack 3
[roll8] Confirm 3
[roll9] Damage 3

[roll10] attack Haste
[roll11] Confirm Haste
[roll12] Damage Haste

Strainseir
2012-11-02, 05:46 AM
Three spiders remain.

The first attacks Daniel

you take another 11 damage and I need another fort save please

The second Attacks Conleth and misses

The third and final tried to attack James but get's stuck in it's own web.

Escheton
2012-11-02, 05:59 AM
Percy

"Get off my ninja! Percy cries out as he strikes the spider that just injured Daniel some more.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Thomas once more heals his wounds with soothing light (would that work on the shadow elemental btw?).

[roll4]

Strainseir
2012-11-02, 06:12 AM
One more spider falls before the might of the Troll hammer. Only two more remain.

The shadow elemental would feel as though it was covered in muck for a few moments but yes it would heal.

only1doug
2012-11-02, 06:13 AM
James

"Yuck, a Spider, get it off, get it off!"
There is an easily detectable trace of Humour in James' voice.

1st attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]
Crit damage [roll4]

2nd attack [roll6]
damage [roll7]
Crit damage [roll10]

3rd attack [roll12]
damage [roll13]
Crit damage [roll16]

Stormfront
Shock on a spider, autohit [roll18] non lethal electrical damage, fort save (DC12) for 1/2.[/quote]

Strainseir
2012-11-02, 06:31 AM
Another spider falls one injured one remains, one uninjured one is running away with Ember on it's back. No Aoo's

Escheton
2012-11-02, 06:38 AM
Percy

Unless the escaping spider brings friends, Percy and Thomas spend the minute healing up Daniel and delivering first aid to help with the secondary effects of the poison.

Heal for first aid 2x, taking 10, 24 or his save for secondary dmg, whichever is higher.
also, I just realized I can use the heal skill as a move action. Gotta remember next combat.

only1doug
2012-11-02, 06:56 AM
James

James charges after the fleeing spider, Missing wildly.

100' charge + touch attack
[roll0]
clap of thunder [roll1]

Strainseir
2012-11-02, 06:58 AM
James please make a dc 15 str check or get stuck in webs.

only1doug
2012-11-02, 07:04 AM
James

[roll0]

(oops, that should be +2 as James is enlarged)

James struggles ineffectually against the webs and watches to see if anything responds.

Strainseir
2012-11-02, 08:21 AM
The sound of something far off in the shadows where the one spider that fled echoes through the passageway. It is similar to the sound of the spiders and much easier to her. With your passive alone you all can tell if this is a spider... it is Huge....

only1doug
2012-11-02, 08:41 AM
James

James shrugs out of the webs and walks back to the others... "It sounds like Mommy is coming guys"

End effect of Heart of Water to gain freedom of movement for 9 rounds

Recast Heart of Water

Escheton
2012-11-02, 08:54 AM
Percy

"Lets get ready for her then. I don't think she will listen to reason"

Lesser restoration: [roll0] x1.5

only1doug
2012-11-02, 09:18 AM
James

"Ok then, as she comes in I'll light her up, which might just blind her"

Ready an action: Cast glitterdust on Big spider when it comesclose enough. (range is 190', but i'm guessing I won't see it until it is closer than that)

Medic!
2012-11-02, 09:06 PM
Daniel

Feeling about as useful as a bump on a log, Daniel works his muscles as the poison continues to burn through them. "Thanks..." he pants "for taking...care...of me..."

He begins flicking his wrist towards the hallway, as though throwing something. He mutters under his breath, "Sure...everyone else gets cool magic...what do I get? Board game pieces to scatter on the floor."

[roll0]
Standard action to cast Caltrops! (Amazing, am I right?) 30 feet down the cooridor (or as far as he can see). They will cover 5 5-foot-squares, in a line across the cooridor, then as many squares deep as the area allows extending outward. They have a +4 attack bonus and will last for 9 rounds. If another standard action is available, he'll put Touch of Fatigue on Radar again. Some day somewhere I will be useful. But not today, and not here :smalltongue:

Strainseir
2012-11-03, 12:09 AM
The tiny fire elemental Ember is flying back at full speed screaming,"It is gona eat me!!!"

Moments later a creature crawls in nearly as wide as the hallway itse;f. It looks like a spider and yet not. IT is huge to say the least, it sports 10 legs not eight, it has two massive glowing eyes that look human, and it's exoskeleton is covered in slightly glowing gems that provide enough light to make everything around it have low light. Almost immediately upon being hit but the dust the creature speaks. Its voice sounds both masculine and feminine at the same time.

"Tiny creatures. You have killed my children. Your magic is strong. When I consume you it will make me strong enough to break free." it speaks before charging at the lot of you. It runs fast but reacts slow. It has last init.

Medic!
2012-11-03, 12:21 AM
Daniel

With the poison's effects subsiding, Daniel eyes their next foe. Despair almost over-takes him when Radar whispers something almost inperceptable in his ear. "Oh that's a damn dirty trick Radar...good call!"

He moves next to James, and slashes the webs off of him, using his bigger body as a barricade against the horror in the tunnel. C'mere you eight legged freak, I've got something for you...

only1doug
2012-11-03, 02:19 AM
James

Cacophonic burst, centered on the creature, [roll0] sonic damage, reflex save DC19 for 1/2.
Caster level check vs spell resistance (if needed) [roll1]
(Caster level 11 for sonic spells)
(11 spellpoints spent)

"You are going to eat us? I don't like the sound of that."

Escheton
2012-11-03, 08:45 AM
Percy I ate

Percy roars like an angry tiger and cries out "I DO THE EATING!, and moves forward to strike the beast.

Cast bite of the weretiger, 9sp
Declare dodge on Lolth.

Percy Smith (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=459647)
Male NG Human Ranger5/MoMF2//druid2/combat medic5, Level 7, Init -2, HP 106/106, Speed 50ft
AC 33, Touch 18, Flat-footed 29, Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +8, Base Attack Bonus 6 1/2, Power Points 49/76
large, adamantine, (used when large giant) Greathammer +1 +20/+15 (3d6+21, 19-20/4)
Bite +16 (3d6+6, x2)
Claw +18/+18 (2d6+12, x2)
Bracers of armor +1 (+5 Armor, +4 Dex, +10 Natural, +4 Misc)
Abilities Str 35, Dex 18, Con 29, Int 14, Wis 19, Cha 14
Condition Weretiger Troll

Strainseir
2012-11-03, 10:09 PM
"I'm coming little buddy!" Conleth shouts as he rushes forward full speed at the spider that is chasing his new 'pet'. They eye on his sword opens and the same draining rush oozes out of him as he attacks with the fiery sword.

[roll0] attack 1
[roll1] Confirm 1
[roll2] Damage 1
[roll3] fiery burst 1

[roll4] attack 2
[roll5] Confirm 2
[roll6] Damage 2
[roll7] fiery burst 2

[roll8] attack 3
[roll9] Confirm 3
[roll10] Damage 3
[roll11] fiery burst 3

[roll12] attack Haste
[roll13] Confirm Haste
[roll14] Damage Haste
[roll15] fiery burst Haste

The spiders reals back as it is hit by sound fire and steel. Geninue human rage can be seen in the eyes of his huge spider as it bares it's fangs down on the closet lowly creature that just harmed it despite being temporarily blinded. All three strikes miss, but one seemed to just barely miss as though it could not entirely see just where Conleth was.

Medic!
2012-11-03, 11:59 PM
Daniel

A black beam of anti-light snakes out from Dan's outstretched finger towards the monsterous Queen.

Daniel dashes towards the giant spider-thing as Radar flies out from his shoulder to attack her.

Move action to move adjacent the spider-lady after casting Ray of Enfeeblement, Radar will use a move action to close the gap to her and attack.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Standard action to cast Ray of Enfeeblement at 8th CL (7sp)
[roll5] SO CLOSE!
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
The strength penalty lasts for 8 minutes.

only1doug
2012-11-04, 04:17 AM
James charges in to hit the spider, slapping it with a thunderous clap.
Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] sonic

Escheton
2012-11-04, 06:47 AM
Percy

Striking down hard with his hammer the Weretiger Troll finishing his attack by biting into one of the creatures legs and chewing on what he tore off.

Greathammer [roll0]
[roll1]

Greathammer [roll2]
[roll3]

Bite [roll4]
[roll5]

"I'm sure if you would desist your attack we could discuss other ways of "escape". So how exactly are you trapped here?"

only1doug
2012-11-04, 02:08 PM
Stormfront

Shock on the glittery giant spider, autohit [roll0] non lethal electrical damage, fort save (DC12) for 1/2.

"So Ugly, what's your name? I need to know so when they ask what we've killed i can mispronounce it"

Strainseir
2012-11-05, 01:11 AM
Ember retain's his composure and returns to the fray. He flies at the spider trying to pummel it. "RAAAAAAH!!!!"

Conleth tried to tumble under the creature to get behind it so that not only he gives his allies room to attack as well as the ability to flank.

Full round action to tumble under the creature. Dc 35
[roll0]

Strainseir
2012-11-05, 01:17 AM
The spider takes a nip at Conleth as he rolls under it. Then it turns to attack those in front of it.

It swipes a spiny leg at the glowing troll, but the blinding light coming from Percy is too much for it.

Then it tries to bite twice at James. The first strike would have struck true, had the creature not still been blinded by the glitterdust.
"I WILL DEVOUR THE LOT OF YOU INSECTS!"

only1doug
2012-11-05, 01:52 AM
James

Channeling the fury of the storm through his fists James unleashes a devastating flurry of attacks

1st attack 18
damage [roll1]
Crit damage [roll4]

2nd attack [roll6] 17
damage [roll7]
Crit damage [roll10]

3rd attack [roll12] 26 Shocking maths error revealed, not yet eligable for third attack in a round.
damage [roll]1d8+7 Rerolled in OOC thread 8
Clap of thunder Damage [roll13]
Crit confirm (if needed)[roll14]
Crit damage [roll15]
Crit Clap of thunder Damage [roll16]

Haste attack [roll17] Miss
damage [roll18]
Clap of thunder Damage [roll19]
Crit confirm (if needed)[roll20]
Crit damage [roll21]
Crit Clap of thunder Damage [roll22]

Doh, all attacks at +2 more for flanking

"You are hungry monster? Taste my fists!"

only1doug
2012-11-05, 04:25 AM
StormFront

"Hey, Spidermom, keep your Mandibles off my master!"

Shock on Spidermom, autohit [roll0] non lethal electrical damage, fort save (DC12) for 1/2.

Thunder and Lightning
Thunder: [roll1] sonic damage (fort DC 12 for 1/2) to all within 60' radius.
Lightning: [roll2] electrical damage (ref DC 12 for 1/2) in a 120' line

Attempting to direct the lightning bolt so that it does not hit Daniel.

Everyone has to save against the thunder (3 points of damage, 1 on a save), only James and the spidermom (and maybe daniel if the GM decides) have to save against the lightning.

James' saves:
Fort [roll3] for 1/2 (James takes 1 point)
Reflex [roll4] for none (failed save)
Electrical resistance 10 (absorbs all the damage).

Escheton
2012-11-05, 05:52 AM
Percy

With Conleth out of sight and no way to heal his injuries, Percy attacks furously after flying into a rage to simply push through her.

Full powerattack, full attack. Greathammer [roll0]
[roll1]
Greathammer [roll2]
[roll3]
Greathammer [roll4]
[roll5]
Bite [roll6]
[roll7]

Thomas' light ray [roll8]

Medic!
2012-11-05, 10:39 AM
Daniel

Radar attacks the giant spider-thing again, as Daniel's lips curl into a vicious sneer. "Shhh sh sh sh. No sound now." he whispers at her as his blades flip in circles around his hands before plunging into a furious attack routine.

[roll0] +1 (haste)
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Daniel performs a full attack, channeling Touch of Idiocy (3sp).

[roll5] +1 (haste)
[roll6] +1 (haste)
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10] x 1.5
[roll11] x 1.5

[roll12] +1 (haste)
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
Daniel will give up his sneak attack damage on this attack to lower her AC by 5 for 1 round
[roll16] x 1.5
[roll17] x 1.5

[roll18] +1 (haste)
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23] x 1.5
[roll24] x 1.5

[roll25] +1 (haste)
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]
[roll30] x 1.5
[roll31] x 1.5

[roll32] +1 (haste)
[roll33]
[roll34]
[roll35]
[roll36]
[roll37] x 1.5
[roll38] x 1.5

Strainseir
2012-11-05, 08:45 PM
The spider screeches as it's flesh is torn away by the party. It unleashes a gout of acid fog surrounding it before quickly crawling up along the walls attempting to escape.

Escheton
2012-11-06, 02:16 PM
Percy

"Ah, that stings. Lets fix that shall we? And lets just move on.
That said, a protective abjuration surround each party-member and protects against the damaging effects of most acids (resist acid 20, 90 minutes).
Not having any ranged weaponry, and feeling that the foe is defeated, Percy moves on quickly. Hoping to find a foe while his other buff lasts.

Thomas simply tries to heal some of the wounds on the shadow savant [roll0]

Resist enegy, mass 5 spellpoints. We all get resistance 20 acid for 90 minutes

only1doug
2012-11-06, 04:39 PM
James

"Well, lets not be too hasty to give up on killing ugly here, i'll see if I can drag it back down to our level."

Move action to move 5' out of the cloud of acid (which should still leave James within range of the mass protection) and standard action to cast overland flight.

only1doug
2012-11-06, 04:43 PM
Stormfront

"Don't run off yet, you haven't told us your name!"

Shock on Spidermom, autohit [roll0] non lethal electrical damage, fort save (DC12) for 1/2.

Strainseir
2012-11-09, 08:02 AM
Ember flies not at the spider but at the wall using his burning body to set the webbing on fire.

Conleth, now protected from the acid by the spell from Percy stops for a moment as if something is whispering into his head,"Um ok.." He said as he points his blade up at the spider feeds the sword a rather large amount of energy before it explodes outward in a line of deep bloody red fire.

Using line attack power. Paying 14 spell points. Conleth is now fatigued for [roll0] rounds. He also takes 1/4 his total hp in non lethal.

[roll1] plus [roll2] fire. Reflex half.

The spider screams as it barely gets out of the way of most of the force by pure luck alone. It then lets out a shriek and spits green webbing at everyone.

reflex dc 16

if you fail the reflex you also need a fort dc 20

only1doug
2012-11-09, 09:45 AM
James
Reflex save: [roll0]
Fort save: [roll1]

Stormfront
Reflex save: [roll2]
Fort save: [roll3]

Escheton
2012-11-14, 07:50 AM
Percy

Having no intention to kill the cornered Queen, Percy casts a healing over time spell on everyone and moves away further looking for new prey.

Thomas shines his healing light on the masochistic flamelord and moves with Percy.

Lesser vigor, mass. Fast healing 1 for 19 rounds and 12 temp hp for a minute
ray of light [roll0]

only1doug
2012-11-14, 11:29 AM
James

Flying charge into flurry attack

First Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Clap of thunder [roll2]

Second Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

"You can't hide from me!"

only1doug
2012-11-14, 11:41 AM
Stormfront

"Come on ugly, you can't hope to escape the storms!"

Shock on Spidermom,
autohit [roll0] non lethal electrical damage, fort save (DC12) for 1/2.

Strainseir
2012-11-15, 08:25 AM
Ember has fully realized that he can do next to nothing against the monster spider. So instead of attacking the beast he just spreads more flames.

Conleth however shouts to James"Look out for this one." he calls out before unleashing a fireball. There was amble room to keep it from hitting James but Conleth felt a warning was curious.

spending 5 sp

[roll0] Fire Reflex half.

Strainseir
2012-11-15, 08:28 AM
With the pummeling from James the fire raging around it in the webs, and the fireball that just struck it's side the spider falls from it's perch slamming down hard into the ground. It is obviously injured but still very much alive and seething with rage. It curses loudly at all of you in undercommon.

Escheton
2012-11-16, 12:57 AM
Percy

With the spell-casting spider back down to his level Percy turns around and bring down his hammer again in a barrage of blows in an attempt to force an end to the offensive spell-casting.

Thomas continues to tend to the hotheaded monk.
powerattacking for 4: attack 1:[roll0]
confirm crit [roll1]
dmg [roll2]
extra critdmg [roll3]

attack 2(haste):[roll4]
confirm crit [roll5]
dmg [roll6]
extra critdmg [roll7]

attack 3(bab):[roll8]
confirm crit [roll9]
dmg [roll10]
extra critdmg [roll11]

Thomas healing Conleth [roll12]

only1doug
2012-11-16, 03:11 AM
James

Flying swiftly into the Spidermoms range, James unleashes another set of whirlwind attacks.

"So, are you still planning to eat us?"

1st attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

2nd attack [roll3]
damage [roll4]

Stormfront

Shock on Spidermom, autohit [roll5] non lethal electrical damage, fort save (DC12) for 1/2.

"They say everything finds its own level, I think you have a lot more sinking to do yet"

Strainseir
2012-11-16, 09:11 PM
The last sign of movement or struggle fades with a shudder as the thundering monk lands the last blow. A terrifying screech echoes from it as the spiderbeast lets loose a final attack. The giant troll and the mighty monk have a wave of green surge over then as well as the walls. The walls themselves are already melting, and all that is left of the spidery is bits of it's husk that seem to be made of a very shiny metal that is obviously not silver. The metals themselves were filled with strange and glowing gems.

fort saves or take
[roll0] acid damage as well as [roll1] con damage from poison.

only1doug
2012-11-17, 02:37 AM
James

Fort save: [roll0] to avoid 22 acid damage (as prot acid 20 is still active and James is immune to poison)

Casting Prestidigitation: cleaning spidergore off himself and Stormfront

"Well, it said it was hungry"

Stormfront

Fort save: [roll1] to avoid 22 acid damage (as prot acid 20 is still active and Stormfront is immune to poison)

"Yeah, but it didn't have to eat the walls"

Strainseir
2012-11-17, 08:53 PM
Conleth rushes up to his two allies with Ember in tow. He comes to a stop outside the edge of the spider go,"Are you two ok?"

The fire Elemental Ember however looks quite smug,"That was a fight well fought men."

only1doug
2012-11-18, 12:35 PM
James

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Do you think thats the last of the spiders? If that things mom comes calling I'll want to be elsewhere!"

James tucks his thumbs into his belt, then does a double take, "hey whats this.... some kind of bottomless bag?"

Escheton
2012-11-21, 01:28 PM
Percy

While his fur and fangs subside into nothingness underneath his shiny plate Percy looks around at the devastation. "Let us collect the gem and silver-like substances. They might come in handy as means of bartering."

only1doug
2012-11-21, 02:32 PM
James

"Good plan, let's split it up between the four of us so that we all have some if we get seperated."

Strainseir
2012-11-23, 01:26 AM
"I agree. Let's get the heck out of here." Conleth says before he helps to collect the goods.

If you follow the way away from where you come out, after about a mile it starts to slope upwards. You here the sounds of spiders moving away or going up as you head forward. They are obviously afraid of you. After another mile up a steep slop of close to 45% you come to another room like the one you entered. The same spells are inscribed on the walls and the floor but instead of four thrones there are four gems the size of a fist on the far wall. One is deep black, another glows, a third looks as though a storm cloud is locked inside of it, and the final one looks to be flowing lava behind glass.

only1doug
2012-11-23, 05:13 AM
James

"Hmm, whats this, these spells again?"

James starts studying the spells inscribed into the walls.

Spellcraft [roll0]

Aldurin
2012-11-25, 03:48 AM
Jared walks toward the black gem and touches it, giving little regard for the risks of not analyzing it first.

Officially naming his familiar Ace, for future reference.

Strainseir
2012-11-25, 04:55 AM
Upon touching it you feel a deep connection to the crystal. Something surges back into you like a lost piece of yourself returns. Energy surges into you reaching deep into your very being. Shadows shroud your form partially obscuring you from view. The three remaining crystals begin to resonate calling out to the other three to touch them.

You can roll a will save if you really choose, but the dc is so high you would need to be epic level to actually pass it.

Once you touch the crystal each one of you gains special power. Everyone gains +2 to all stats except your main casting stat that becomes +4. Any spell points that were spent are now restored. Jared and James have their familiars grow into a medium elemental but they take on the form of either a male or a female human. Percy's familiar becomes a Wyrmling radiant dragon (http://kahdnd.pbworks.com/w/page/5588962/Radiant%20Dragon) that has his alignment. Conleth's Familiar becomes a Pyroclastic dragon wyrmling (http://kahdnd.pbworks.com/w/page/5588961/Pyroclastic%20Dragon) with his alignment and radiant stats.

Everyone Also gains a new custom spell like ability that costs 1 sp to activate.

Casting time Immediate action.
Effect gain 1+1/4 your CL in an untyped bonus to ac.
Duration 1 round/cl
Special

Shadow Master(Jared): Gain concealment. When not in bright light you can hide in plain sight. Healed by cold damage, immune to shadow type spells. Healing is 1 point for every 4 received.

Stormlord(James): Gain fly speed equal to land speed +20 perfect. Must choose aspect when cast. Choose to be healed by sonic and immune to lightning or healed by lightning and immune to sonic. Healing is 1 point for every 4 received.

Divine Light(Percy): Gain immunity to death magic, energy grain, and negative energy. All undead within 20 feet take your Hdx5 damage a turn amd and any undead in that radius that have 10 hd less than you are completely destroyed. Whenever you cast a healing spell you can temp hp equal to 1/4 the healing you delivered to a max of your Hdx10. These temp hp points can be transferred as a free action on any turn to any ally you can see. The temp hp lasts until the aura ends.

Pyroclasm(Conleth): Gain Fly speed of base land speed +20 perfect. Healed by fire 1 for 4 and take 3/4 damage from sonic.

The Caster is wrapped in their element like a shroud protecting them as well as empowering them.

only1doug
2012-11-25, 12:11 PM
James

Feeling the call resonating towards him James answers it, turning and walking to the crystal.
He reaches toward it, his hand stopping an inch from the crystal and his fingers spread, as if absorbing the storms within, then his hand plunges in the last inch and the storm within the crystal expands outward to surround him.

The Storm cloud surrounding James soon shrinks again, seeming to pour all of its energies into James and Stormfront. Under the inrush of energies Stormfront swiftly grows in size and settles into a female form. James also seems to grow slightly with the concentrated storm power flowing into him.

Aldurin
2012-11-25, 02:06 PM
Jared

When he feels the surge of power fade he withdraws his hand and clenches his fist, feeling better in almost every way. He turns to see Ace grow to his size and take the form of a woman.

Jared smiles, and says to the others "At this rate those spiders won't be even remotely problematic." He looks to Conleth and Percy, "Come on, see what you guys get."

He begins casting some defensive spells in preparation of what is likely to come.

Spells Cast:
Mage Armor for +4 armor bonus to AC for 9 hours.
Spiderskin for +3 Natural Amor, saves against poison and hide checks for 90 minutes.
Shield for +4 shield bonus for 9 minutes.

New SP capacity is 101, seven SP spent on spells.

Escheton
2012-11-25, 04:35 PM
Percy

"Alright then."

Percy walks slowly and calmly up to the luminous crystal and softly touches it.

Strainseir
2012-11-26, 01:25 AM
"This is unreal..." Conleth says as he touches the crystal before being consumed in fire.

Once all four of the of the crystals have been touched the wall glows a bright blue color then fades away just like the other. This time however the door opens up to the outside. Clean fresh unpolluted air surges into and down the room into the shaft you left. Outside the doors however, standing in the noon day sun standing are people all roughly 5 1/2 foot tall and what you are quite sure are elves in armor holding spears that you can see have a weak magic.

One of the elves, one that looks older and is wearing a shimmering black robe instead of armor calls out in Elfvish(German),"Hold my brothers. These people are not the destroyer." The elf then looks at the group as he speaks in Common(English),"Greetings strange ones. We mean you know harm. How did you get in there, and more importantly, did you come across a massive spider like creature?"

only1doug
2012-11-26, 04:23 AM
James

"10 legs, glowing gems studded around its carapace, penchant for spitting acid at people, Uglier than a Gungan getting electo-shock treatment?"

"Yeah, we met it."

Stormfront

"we did ask its name, but it didn't want to tell us", A girlish giggle spills from her lips, "So, I'm Stormfront, what's your name?"

Strainseir
2012-11-26, 07:12 AM
"It did put of a pretty good fight though. We were lucky that the thing had **** poor aim."Conleth said with a happy chuckle.

The wyrmling, Ember, at his side puffed out it's chest triumphantly at that statement,"Indeed, the beasty and it's kin put up a good fight, but they could not stand against our combined might. "

The elf stood there in silence at the stories of these strangers, but when he took notice of the dragons and the elementals talking calmly and in common his jaw hung open a bit. All that he could muster up to say was,"I am Erthon, mage captain in charge of the forces guarding the tomb."

only1doug
2012-11-26, 07:36 AM
James

"Nice to meet you Erthon, I'm James, Stormfront has already introduced herself, My friends here are Conleith, Ember, Percy, Thomas, Jared and Ace."

Stormfront

"So was there anything else in there for us to fight? Big Ugly put up a bit of a scuffle but all the smaller spiders are cowering in corners now and it's too much trouble to drag them all out."

Escheton
2012-11-26, 09:02 AM
Percy

Slowly the light attuned druid catches up with the group, lagging behind a slight bit examining and interacting with his familiar.
Thomas? A dragon. How are you enjoying this more physical form?"
Yes sir. It's quite alright.

Addressing the mage-captain in english:
"Tomb...what can you tell us about it, the arachnoid and the markings? If guardians, I assume you have some knowledge of it's lore."

Aldurin
2012-11-26, 12:35 PM
Ace leans against Jared's shoulder, "Yo, you have real spider problem in there. I recommend fire."

Jared smirks momentarily, "We're not entirely sure what happened in there, one moment we were in our homes going about our daily lives, and suddenly we're here with familiars and the ability to generate craters in our foes."

Whispering to Ace, "Why the hell are these . . . elves . . . speaking German?"

"Because that's what they speak, just go with it."

Strainseir
2012-11-26, 07:47 PM
The elf pales as these creatures before him speak of a creature that terrorized his childhood,"The Spider creature was called the Destroyer. It was once the guardian of this place when I was a boy. It protected the last tomb of the Ancients. The magic that radiated from this place empowered the Destroyer making it grow strong, but soon it became wild and destructive. We lost many but were unable to stop the beast. Eventually our leader gave his live to trap the creature back into the tomb and lock the doors sealing the tomb. If you truly say that you woke up in there and then defeated the destroyer... You four are the lost ancients.."

"What do you mean Ancients? We are humans." Conleth asked with a raised brow.

"The ancients died out long ago saving this world from the twisted dead." Erthon said with a slightly trembling voice.

only1doug
2012-11-27, 03:22 AM
James

"The humans died out? What are Twisted dead? How did we four alone survive?"

"Don't get your knickers in a twist boss, you lived, start from there."

"hush your Insolance Sparky...."
[roll0] [roll1] (0 damage after electrical resistance)"..Ouch, and cut out the zapping"

"I did warn you not to call me that!"

Strainseir
2012-11-28, 12:48 AM
"I am sorry, but I only know legends. When magic was returned to this land, the ancients grew powerful and wise. However not all forces of magic are good. Some of those ancients that were once strong were not weak. They turned to dark forces and started war. The war cracked the planet. This freed the twisted dead. Dark and powerful souls escaped from whatever hell they were from. The souls corrupted living flesh man and beast alike. For many years the ancients fought with their machines and they magic they had found. In the end the planet was made barren by the war, and only a handful survived. They were indeed mighty mystics. They found the very heart of magic itself and healed the crack in the earth and brought light back to her. This left them dying and very weak. With the last of their power they created a tomb prophesied to hold the keys to restoring the ancients to this world and permanent;y quelling the darkness that spawned the twisted dead before they can return and finish bringing death to all on this planet." Erthon said in a calm tone trying to hide the wonder in his voice that he was standing in front of ancients.

only1doug
2012-11-28, 07:24 AM
James
"Is there anywhere that would have more details this prophecy?
It's not that i doubt you, but you know how things get reinterpreted over time..."

Escheton
2012-11-28, 10:17 AM
Percy

"More importantly perhaps: Where are we geographically? What is the socio-economical position of 4 freshly awoken ancients? And would that whole reincarnation return whatsit have side-effects?"

The large metalic beacon of light walks around a bit to take in the scenery. Closely followed by the young dragon, making smalltalk about the flora and fauna.

Strainseir
2012-11-30, 03:59 AM
"Indeed, I would also like to see this prophecy, if there is one." Conleth said as he eyes the elf for a moment... that was until an overzealous dragonling bit at hit foot,"Arg you bastard!"

"You are a mile outside the city of Dunlock. It is not the largest of our cities, but you should bind everything you need there. If there are indeed children of the Destroyer in there we must stay and root them out. As for the rest, I am not entirely sure the words you were using." Erthon said the last bit to Percy.

only1doug
2012-11-30, 03:40 PM
James

"Are you confident that you can deal with the spider spawn or would you like assistance hunting them down?"

Stormfront

"Hush your tongue big guy, its shopping time."

Aldurin
2012-12-02, 12:50 AM
Jared:

He responds to Erthon (in fluent German): "Percy is asking where we are on a world map, how important we are and what exactly is happening with us regarding our powers. I guess some aspects of the english dialect were lost over . . . however long our jump in time was."

Ace:

Impatiently nudging Jared, "Look man, we need to go to town and start shopping, if you're going to do more fighting then you need the right bling for it. Quit making small talk with strangers."

Strainseir
2012-12-02, 12:45 PM
"We have no world map. I cannot say how important any of you are. You could be the herald of some ancient prophecy or could could be four ancients that just put yourselves in a magic sleep and woke up now. I know not of your powers or what will come of you in the future, but know... most shall treat you different for what you are." Erthon said almost timidly. For the first time it was obvious now that though he was being polite and calm this elf was afraid of you four," The children can be easily mopped up the the forces here. We have used magics to protect us from their poison. With the Destroyer gone, that magic will not be consumed removing our protection."

only1doug
2012-12-03, 01:40 PM
James

"Which way to Dunlock then? Stormfront wants to go shopping and I don't fancy arguing with her."

"So, you can learn then?"

Strainseir
2012-12-05, 02:36 AM
The elf point back to the town behind him that is roughly a mile away.

Escheton
2012-12-05, 03:47 PM
Percy

"Right.", Percy says as he walks off to town, looking for a pawnbroker/metallurgic gem-smith, weapon-enchanter, town-hall and police station. To sell his loot, upgrade his weapon and inquire about hunting laws, travel papers and citizenship.

only1doug
2012-12-06, 03:31 AM
James

"Oh, yes, thank you, I see it now", James also walks to town, catching up with Percy and then taking care not to outpace him.

"Have fun hunting spiders!"

Strainseir
2012-12-08, 04:08 AM
Conleth follows after the group standing to their side,"I wonder just what the town is going to be like without humans.."

The town is fairly large and busy. It is not quite a city, but much trade happens here. Everywhere you look you see half orcs, halflings, a few gnomes, a dwarf or two, and many elves. Everyone that takes long enough to look at you quickly steps out of the way and seem in awe. Everyone but the tallest of half orcs, known here simply a orcs, can stand eye to eye with most in the group.

If you go looking for a guard to tell you about hunting permits and citizenship he looks at you strangely. There currently are no such things as identification papers or citizenship other than being a landowner. You can travel anywhere if you can pay the border tolls. However, unless you are a merchant hauling trade goods you can simply take a wider path around the tolls off the roads.

Enchanters look at each one of the four strangely. They stare at you in awe but trade with you happily.

Escheton
2012-12-09, 07:37 PM
Percy

Ok, so we seem to have found ourselves with superpowers in a world that actually still has parts to explore. And that includes elf maidens.We need a base of operation. An underground lair perhaps?"

only1doug
2012-12-10, 05:06 AM
James

"I'd like to find out a little more about our new world before searching for a place to hide myself away from it, there was talk about a prophecy, I'd like to investigate that further."

Strainseir
2012-12-13, 07:45 PM
You will find a party is hard to throw together. IT is easy to pay for but quite difficult for you to get anyone to show up, However two elves, rather large ones for what you have seen so far though not as large as the members of this group. They are heavily armor that you can see glowing with magic. The slightly older looking elf speaks in Elven,"The elder requests the presence of you for at the wall of memories."

only1doug
2012-12-15, 03:36 AM
James

"By all means, lead the way."

Escheton
2012-12-17, 04:56 PM
Percy

psst...where are we going?, Percy whispers to James, not speaking German beyond a word or two.

only1doug
2012-12-17, 05:21 PM
James

"Hmm? Oh, yes, These gentlemen are escorting us to meet 'the elder' at the wall of memories."

"Do tell, is The wall far?"

Aldurin
2012-12-17, 05:39 PM
Jared

"Man, we're gonna get an exposition dump, aren't we? I mean, I am curious and all but couldn't they just have a wiki about all the stuff that changed?"

only1doug
2012-12-17, 07:05 PM
James

"Perhaps they do have a wiki, and it is the wall?"

Strainseir
2012-12-19, 02:12 PM
The two elves look quite confused at the words being used. They escort you through the streets without speaking for about 5 minutes until the group is brought to a small palace like building that is shaped like a ring. They lead you through the lavish building and into the center, but they do not step through the doors to the forested area that is the center courtyard. Inside, other than the plants and animals is a single incredibly old elf and a stone block that is perfectly square and stands 15 feet by 15 feet by 15 feet. It is a deep grey and without a single blemish or scratch despite having a feel of being very very old.

only1doug
2012-12-20, 05:14 AM
James

"Greetings Elder", He begins in Fluent Elvish, "You requested our attendance?"

Strainseir
2012-12-20, 02:08 PM
Conleth Follows the elven guards to the wall and simply stares in aw at the wall. He can practically feel the magic radiating from this thing. Almost without thinking he starts to walk towards it nearly dazed, but he snaps out of it when James says something. Then he as well bowed," Greetings and salutations Elder." he speaks in common.

Escheton
2012-12-20, 02:26 PM
Percy

Approaching the elder and stone, Percy gives a slight solemn nod, before veering off to the side to view and greet the flora and fauna. Casually strolling around the court.

only1doug
2012-12-21, 04:37 AM
James

While he awaits for the Elders response to his greeting James starts examining the stone block, somehow resisting the temptation to touch it, he puts on his new monacle and examines it closely.

James has not cast detect magic yet, he's still waiting awhile for a response from the elf, if no response comes in 10 minutes he will cast detect magic to activate the artificer's monacle's full ability.

Strainseir
2012-12-22, 02:32 AM
The elder looks to the group and bows lowly,"Greetings children of the ancients. I am Ekkiron the last of the first generation. When I was born into this world at the return of my people, there were but few of yours left. They taught magic to me so that I might bring it back to my people. I watched then work the magic that built this stone. Many of them died from it... The rest lost themselves in constructing your tomb. All will become clear soon. Please, the four of you must choose a side of the cube and press your hand to it. I do not have much time. Please allow me to see the magic of the ancients one last time..."

only1doug
2012-12-22, 03:24 AM
James

"As you request, so shall it be," James moves around the block, then touches the side that he felt most attracted him.

Aldurin
2012-12-22, 03:59 AM
Jared moves to the cube and chooses a side on impulse, pressing his hand on it.

Escheton
2012-12-22, 05:48 PM
Percy

With an accelerated step Percy moves to the stone, not caring which of the remaining sides he touches.

Strainseir
2012-12-23, 03:37 AM
Conleth moves as well placing a hand on the last open square.
All everyone's remaining spells points are drained but no one is exhausted.

The wall springs to life rippling and writhing. The wall of grey in front of you turns from stone to liquid yet it holds its shape. The face of the wall begin to play out a scene on every facet of the cube. Towering structures rise in incredible detail showing cities like the ones in the world each of the four came from. Then suddenly you see a single man in a lab that creates a terrible explosion then several more follow. Cities die and each one of you can feel that one of you had lived in each of the four cities that exploded.

The mural changes once more to a scene of way. Outsides came and invaded the untied states. There was a terrible war, but in time the forces were pushed back, but they were not pushed back by soldiers. Men and women casting magic crawl out of the wreckage of the Lost Cities. Each group is led by a slightly older looking version of the four. The Four push back the invaders. The four spread their magic and teach others. In less than a generation the world has peace, and all men and women have magic. Everything is has become a utopia, but not all humans wanted it that way.

With the return of magic, the forces of light and dark became able to influence this world once more. While the forces of light built the utopia, the forces of dark worked quietly. A cult formed, and the cult made a weapon. The weapon was built with profane magic twisted into a nuclear weapon. It was designed to crack the very seems of reality to allow evil onto this plane. In secret they detonated it killing themselves off in the process. With this a city fell to ruin, only the people in the city did not die. Their souls were twisted and shredded. They were alive yet dead, Twisted aberrations of what once was. Leading this army was the risen monstrous form of the cultists massed into one terrifying beast. It has the shape of a man, but it stood 25 feet tall made of eyes that belt, mouths that wailed, and tentacles.

The infection spread on the wind as the tainted energies flowed out of the crack. In under a month most of the world has been twisted. The combined might of the four only protected the last 10 percent from being turned, though every human life was now at least partially infected. For 4 long years the living battled the aberrant undead. The fighting left the planet barren and cold. Out of options the Four chose the only path. The 4 and any volunteers, which was the vast majority of the survivors, began to cast a ritual. They gave up their own life force empowering the four to the level near that of the gods. With that power they were able to fight their way into the crack to fight the Twisted King. They pushed him back into the crack. There they finished the ritual and gave up their own life force. It surged into the crack and into the ley lines of the planet. It up heaved the earth killing all of the twisted dead. The crack was sealed off by the life force. However something good happened. The concentrated magic released freed the creatures of old. Life spread across the planet turning it green again in a matter of years. From the vast forests elves wandered lost and confused. Dwarves crawled out of the mountains of the upheaval. Many other sorts of beings once lost time time returned. The last humans taught the first generation as best as they could before their own time came.

The humans were still infected. Using life force and magic they built the tomb around the crack and the stone corpses of the four. Those that survived that effort did not survive the creation of the cube.

Then the cube goes still, but as you move to take away your hand a faint image appears. It shows four humanoid shapes stepping out of the Tomb. They stand before a being that looked like a blurry version of the abomination. The four humanoids raise their hands and the creature falls to pieces. From each piece a baby forms and soon the four are surrounded by other humans in a beautiful city.

only1doug
2012-12-24, 03:08 AM
James

"...."

"Well, That answered some of my questions but spawned a lot more..."

Aldurin
2012-12-31, 02:24 AM
"Looks like Capcom finally figured out how to write for Resident Evil, just a shame I had to miss out." Jared looks at the others, "What's your take on this?"

only1doug
2012-12-31, 03:14 AM
James

"Miss out? Hardly that, instead it seems that we had the starring roles, just that we don't remember it anymore..."

only1doug
2013-01-18, 06:02 AM
James

"well, enlightening as that was, It still leads us to question what should we do next?"

"The Undead still exist, we should go kick their asses!"

"Yes, but where to find them?"

"What do you suggest we do Ekkeron?"

Escheton
2013-01-18, 12:53 PM
Percy

"Now that we know the circumstances of our situation. How about we simply explore this land and familiarize ourselves? Let us grow roots."

*casts lay of the land* 1 ranger sp.(spell compendium pg 131)

only1doug
2013-01-21, 03:19 AM
James

"Well, I'd like to rest before we set off again, perhaps we should find an Inn where we can make our plans for the future?"