PDA

View Full Version : Sizzle sizzle... [3.5, Invocation, PEACH]

Amechra
2012-11-04, 08:02 PM
Splattering Blast
Least Blast Shape (2nd)
When this Invocation is applied to your Eldritch Blast, you may treat it in all ways as if it were a splash weapon, except that the range is limited to the normal range of your Eldritch Blast. The splash effect causes anyone to take 1 damage per 1d6 of damage that the Eldritch Blast would normally have, plus any Eldritch Essences applied to the Eldritch Blast.

For the purpose of the Eldritch Blast missing, it has a range increment of 10'.

The splash damage is also dealt to any terrain within the radius of the effect.

In other words, you blast someone with a 3d6 EB with Brimstone Blast applied, everyone next to them takes 3 damage and might be lit on fire. It gets better when you are flinging around negative levels on your blasts, admittedly.

bobthe6th
2012-11-04, 08:11 PM
well... seems nice. not sure of the balence, and it is kinda sad damage though... perhapce double the damage? like 2 per die?

Amechra
2012-11-04, 08:23 PM
I'm basing it off the idea that the damage isn't the focus; it's the debuffs that are.

Though I might end up buffing damage a little...

Anecronwashere
2012-11-04, 08:25 PM
I think it's intended to go along with Ability Damage and Neg levels rather than normal damage.

But I agree, 1/1d6 means zippo past 1st level. And that's only cause first level is so lethal

Amechra
2012-11-04, 08:42 PM
Note that that's 1 damage PER 1d6 of damage you would deal; so when you are flinging around 6d6 Eldritch Blasts, you deal 6 splash damage.

Anecronwashere
2012-11-04, 08:53 PM
hence the 1/1d6

But really, how much HP does an average monster have that they feel single-digit numbers

Amechra
2012-11-04, 08:58 PM
They aren't supposed to fear the damage; it's way to hit people with your Eldritch Essences without having to roll an attack roll.