PDA

View Full Version : Piracy in the Expanse - IC Marines

DrK
2012-11-06, 05:16 PM
Piracy in the Expanse - the Marines

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6S5VDgGlN2I/ThSzrjjsr9I/AAAAAAAAAUQ/6aTBMNlBBZs/s1600/15829_md-Chaos+Space+Marines%252C+Humor%252C+Motivational+P oster%252C+Warhammer+40%252C000.jpg

Within the bowels of the great grand cruiser lie a series of hallowed chambers were only the bravest of crew or the mindless servitor servants dare enter. For there in the darkness and the sealed rooms are the quarters of the fallen astartes. The iron fist that lies at the heart of the Lady Captain's Dark Dynasty.

At the command to assemble at the teleportarium life shimmers into being as the thud of armoured boot and flickering of ancient cloaks and creaking of millenia old armour abound.

Soon the marines were assembled in the teleportarium chamber. The ancient creaking dark age technology notoriously unreliable and vast in its spreading capacitars and mystical techno-arcane workings. The Enginseer of the vessel - Daravin was present by the banks of control cogitators, vast strings of wires and writhing mechandrites connecting him to the ship as the vessel rocked slightly as the colossal continent shattering bombard cannons fired, followed seconds later by the rippling fire of macrocannon batteries...

THe teleportarium platform stands ready. Arcing lightning and smoke rising fomr the half dozen circular transport pads.

OOC THread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258944&page=1)

Tychris1
2012-11-06, 06:38 PM
Carnus rests on the platform, running his deactivated lightning claw up and down his blastmaster, slowly chanting a war chant to Slaanesh in a melodic, almost poem like tone. He laughed, a deep baritone resonating within his armor, as he relished the thought of butchering the Sororitas within their own ship. Their souls would deck the halls of The Dark Prince and add to his favor. Mayhap he could keep one as a trophy? Only time could tell as he waited for the teleportarium to send him arcing through the void and into the enemy vessel.

Emperor Ing
2012-11-06, 06:46 PM
Karros arrives in the Teleportarium fairly soon. His unassuming, featureless ceramite grey Maximus power armor giving no indication as to the Marine's true allegiances. The only thing that can be relied upon with this rather quiet specimen is his seeming sense of relative ease among the followers of Chaos.

The giant holds a massive scythe in one hand, the other briefly flickers with white aetheric light. The scythe itself echoes it as an arc of energy briefly travels down the blade towards the tip. The scythe itself looking rather unremarkable save its obvious size and craftsmanship. And that it's a Force weapon.

He awaits the word from the Captain to teleport and bring the enlightening truth to the fools in those ships.

DrK
2012-11-10, 04:04 PM
A hurried word over the vox and the crazed and mutant Enginseer beckons them onto the teleportation platforms that hum with dark and archaic power. With a shimering hum the air aorund each of you seems to fizz with strange energy and searing agony coats your body as you feel each and every atom in your body slowly seperating on a nuclear scale. The pain growing even as the shadowy capaitors and power generators fade to black as your sight, sound and senses slowly fade away....

THe pain recedes slowly after seemigly an age. Your body still shivering and wracked with agony. Armoured suits still steaming gently from the energy of reconstitution. The creaking of ship around you. The thrum of plasma drives subtly different to that of the Retribution and suit sensors picking up a higher temperature and smells of holy incense.

About you in what appears to be a steel walled store room of some kind a quartet of 30ft tall stone effifies of Imperial saints are stored. THe huge bodies lying down on the cold steel floor secured with chains covered in holy writs and wrapped up in gentle holy cloths. Even as the flashing lights cool you can all head the faint "Aquilla preserve me" as a trio of young priests reach for thei holy symbols and begin to look towards the door...

The 3 priests are 12m away from you guys and about to run for the door!
Initiaive [roll0]

Tychris1
2012-11-10, 04:52 PM
Carnus readies his lightning claws as he prepares to charge down the two priests.

Initiative:[roll0]
Lighting Reflexes:[roll1]

Emperor Ing
2012-11-10, 06:16 PM
I agree. The blade of Karros' scythe arcs with energy. Rely on symbols to protect you! He says, punctuating the last statement by directing a storm of his own mighy, psychic might at the priests.

Initiative
[roll0]

Emperor Ing
2012-11-10, 06:24 PM
((Okay, so it's our initiative.))

Karros calls upon a great storm of psychic might, appearing as a great flurry of electricity that surges from his hands at the priests.

Manifesting Force Storm at Unfettered
Target 88 (68 base WP + 20 psy rating + 10 psy focus - 10 Force Storm)
Additional hit for every degree of success
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Pen 0

DrK
2012-11-10, 10:01 PM
The sudden storm of force batters the priests. Limbs are crushed, bones are shattered and their pumelled and wrecked bodies splat wetly against the statue of St. Anand the Penitent. The cargo bay is silent advertise for the crackle of the lightning claw and the soft whisper of Imperial hymns that is piped over the comm system.

Emperor Ing
2012-11-10, 10:17 PM
Okay. Karros exclaims with no small amount of satisfaction. He looks to the Slaaneshi marine whose kills he probably stole.
Look for some sort of map. I'll watch the door.

Tychris1
2012-11-10, 10:49 PM
Carnus looks down at the crushed pulp remains of the priests, walking over to them he pokes one of the body parts with his lightning claw just for a sense of actually doing something before turning to the Sorcerer "Yes, I suppose so." And with that the Noise Raptor looks around the room for some sort of map of the ship, heck a terminal could work even if he could atleast try to open it and see what it held.

Awareness:[roll0] VS TN 40

Emperor Ing
2012-11-11, 12:06 AM
Karros approaches the door, eventually stopping his movement to look and listen for anything unusual. Preferably someone approaching the door.

Awareness target 43
[roll0]

DrK
2012-11-11, 01:14 AM
In the corner of the room a small terminal sits quietly beeping. A string of atmospheric moisture and temperature readings scrolling across the screen as the conditions for transporting the statues of the blessed Saints are check continually.

At the slightest brush on the screen the expected "Enter Crew ID and Password" appears on the screen emblazoned with the sighn of the Aquilla.

Standing by the door the Sorcerer can hear the tramping of booted feet and the faint mutter of conversation as what must be either a patrol or work gan are coming down the corridor on the other side of the heavy metal door. The door fractionally ajar revealing a corridor with the lights turned down to emergency settings and the ships status update flickering red for "battle stations". From the sound Karos would estimate the approaching group is some 40m distant.

Tychris1
2012-11-11, 01:18 AM
Carnus growls at the terminal. Trumped by technology, yet again! Were it not for the Sorcerer completely eradicating the priests Carnus might have thought of looking them over for any clues but right now he didn't have time for this. Trning back to Karos the Slaaneshi marine whispers "There's no map here. We're either going to a different room, or interrogating some guards for some information. Any sight of patrols?"

Emperor Ing
2012-11-11, 03:53 AM
The sorcerer turns. Company's coming. He says rather softly for currently esoteric reasons. I say prepare an ambush.
With this in mind he calls upon his powers again to telekinetically thrust the bodies into more conspicuous locations. He then goes to completely conceal himself, from the perspective of anyone coming from the door, behind some cargo.
And let's keep at least two of them alive.

Taking cover to provide complete concealment

Also, Mind over Matter Rapid Push (except it's probably more of a pull) Fettered
Target 88
[roll0]

Tychris1
2012-11-11, 03:56 AM
Carnus nods his head in approval, seeking out cover aswell from the incoming patrol. With enemy forces funneling in the Noise Raptors first insinct is to pop out his blastmaster and destroy them in a splashy way. But they couldn't afford the sound or the lack of hostages.

Taking cover for total concealment

DrK
2012-11-11, 05:02 PM
The bodies littering the floor pummeled beyond recognition attract immediate interest as the patrol of fraternis militia burst into the room. Auto weaons and chainswords in hand. Some 15 of them... prayers and chants dying upon lips as they see the bodies at their feet.

Emperor Ing
2012-11-11, 05:45 PM
Auto-weapons. Chainswords. The battle should already be over. Hoping his counterpart will remain in cover, he decides to try and do a little trick to the company. To lure the prey away from the door. Looking to the other end of the room he attempts to find some small, unattended object to knock over, preferably to create enough noise to warrant investigation.

Using Mind over Matter (continuous force) to knock over some small, preferably metallic object. Fettered. Target 108 (autosuccess :P)
[roll0]

Tychris1
2012-11-11, 06:18 PM
Carnus is intelligent enough to know when to and when not to fight. However, his blood thirst and love for his artform mean he generally makes less then optimal choices for said combat. Letting the Sorcerer do his psykery Carnus begins to detach and mag lock his lightning claws so that he may properly use his blastmaster. It was a shame that he couldn't aim with the claws of death on, but that was a price he would have to pay if he wanted to have such diverse and powerul tools.

DrK
2012-11-12, 03:53 PM
The militia race forward scanning about. Emperor's Blessing on them." the lead one mutters. "What killed them?" "We ain't been hit yet." "not like those crazy bitches... they been hit hard." The men seemed relaxed, unaware of the doom rapidly coming down upon the transport.

As a chunk of metal rattles and clangs off somewhere in the back of the chamber the militia all freeze. "Anyo go left. Romanis go right". The militia split into 3 5 man elements ghosting between the huge statues as they move towards the rear of the chamber. The darkness hiding the crouched marines as each of the Astartes can see and hear the 5 men getting ever closer....

You each have 5 fraternis militia coming to within ~3m of you seemingly unaware of the Astartes. The third group is going down the central corridor between the statues so ~6m but over a big statue from either of you.

Emperor Ing
2012-11-12, 04:27 PM
Block the exits! Karros suddenly yells. To the militia, they are greeted by a particularly horrifying sight, a Space Marine in light grey armor with a glowing scythe-blade arcing towards their group.

Half Action: Move to adjacent to them
Half Action: Swift attack (additional hit every 2 degrees of success)

WS target 79 (49 base, +30 Surprised)
[roll0]

Tychris1
2012-11-12, 06:53 PM
Carnus grins maniacally as he fine tunes his blastmaster, one of the greatest tools a Noise Raptor could ever deam for, and sets it to the most destructive setting possible "Cannon Bass" (Explosive Crescendo). Popping out of his cover with terrible glee he looks at the crowd of 5 and says "THIS SILENCE OFFENDS SLAANESH! THINGS SHALL GET LOUD NOW!" Clicking on the blastmaster a thrum vibrates forth from it as a lance of discordant pink and purple sound shoots forward at the foolish militia.

Half Action: Move out of cover/Stand up over cover
Half Action: Standard Attack (At the group that Karros isn't next adjacent to)

To Hit:[roll0] VS TN 85 (+10 Standard, +30 Surprise, 45 base)
Damage:[roll1]

I imagine there will be many body parts flying soon.....

DrK
2012-11-13, 02:05 AM
THere is n time for even a scream as the force scythe cleaves one man in half in glittering silvery arc. His scream drowned out by the cresend fomr the other side of the statue before the human hearing and nervous systems give in and their wet sacks of blood and flesh explode bloodily..

unawre so no dodge allowed. all die horribly.

marines both beat milita init of 8

go go marines

Tycrhis you have a lyug dow statue between you and other people

Emperor Ing
2012-11-13, 02:40 AM
Moving in a swift motion, the grey marine uses the momentum of his scythe to bring his free hand in the enemies' direction, blasting them with aetheric fury at point-blank range. If any of them were curious as to what killed the priests, they'll learn. The hard way.

Force Storm fettered level (Target 78)
[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Pen 0

edit: Woo! all hit!

Tychris1
2012-11-13, 07:44 PM
"I AM AMPLIFIED! SCREAM TO BE HEARD!" He runs out of his cover, moving into position to shoot the third squad, aiming a bit to the right so that the blast radius doesn't completely wipe them all out.

Half Action: Move out of cover away from the statue blocking the way
Half Action: Standard Attack, aimed to the right a bit to avoid hitting them all.

To Hit:[roll0] vs TN 55

DrK
2012-11-14, 04:57 PM
Its still carnage in the storeroom!

The psychic bolts hammer and blast into the squad of 5 men. 3 of the militia slammed to the ground dead and broken. The other two prone on the floor, one nursing a broken arm and the other a pair of cracked ribs.

On the other side of the staute Karros's audio dampers kicked in as the ear piercing shriek of the Noise blaster erupted again and another 3 bodies exploded wetly under the impact...

I had not expected you guys to be quite this brutal! :smalleek:

As the two that Karros had left injured shuffled backwards ducking ~8m back in different directions the two survivors of the noise blaster broke into a full run screaming and covered in the organs and flesh of their comrades. They raced away almost reaching the bulkhead and door.

They run 18m to get to the door.

Emperor Ing
2012-11-14, 05:13 PM
Karros quickly turns to the screaming men, and gestures to them. Don't let them get away. And focuses back on the survivors of his psychic onslaught. In all honesty he didn't expect them to survive. But they're severely injured, terrified, just the way Karros wants them.
Now then... He says, approaching one and using his psychic powers to pull the other one towards him.
I'm glad you appreciate my handiwork. Sorry about your leg, i'll be sure to drive your ribs into your vitals next time instead. However whether or not there will be a next time is entirely up to you. Look, me and my Brother here are in a bit of a hurry, so if one of you could tell us where this ship's Bridge is and how to get there, it would be greatly appreciated. Anything else would be helpful too.

Tychris1
2012-11-15, 02:35 PM
Carnus nods his head, ever eager to test his weapon of mass destruction on all those within hearing distance (And by extent, screaming distance). The massive shaft of the gun thrums and glows as another pink lance of pure sound penetrates the air and soars forward to it's mark. "GLORIOUS! WE ARE VICTORIOUS! FOREVERMOOOORE!" He shrieks as he listens to the blissful sound of his blastmaster.

Standard Attack, Rangeed.
To Hit:(Auto hit for aiming a little ahead of them, but if I do have to roll, here):[roll0] vs TN 55

DrK
2012-11-16, 05:10 PM
The two near the crazed noise marine explode in a stupifeying display of blood and gore. THe other two, bruised and battered and leaking blood look up at the towering armoured sorcerer and begin babbling prayser to the Corpse God of the Imperium as if that will save them...

Emperor Ing
2012-11-16, 07:35 PM
Karros shakes his head in contempt.
I heard that prayer before. See those priests? He points to the bodies of the priests. Those were their last words before I boiled their blood and powdered their bones. Didn't do them any good. The Emperor? He can't hear you. And even if he could, he can't save you. Funny, isn't it. You offer him your labor, your love, your life, and your very soul, and all you have received in turn is deafening silence. And even if he was in a position to save him, it's unlikely he would, the history of The Emperor is that of one man demanding that the quadrillions of others sacrifice themselves for his ambition. Even his own sons.

The only one that can save you here, is you. I'm giving you a chance to survive this chance encounter. Just tell me where the bridge is, and how to get there, and I will leave you to your devices. Alive. And no further harm will come to you from my own hands.

Intimidate (Untrained)
Target 20 (possible modifiers may be tacked on)
[roll0]

DrK
2012-11-16, 07:39 PM
The two men in terror for their lives rush to give you directions, words spilling over each other as they try to outdo the other one in accuracy of description.

Soon you understand you are on the midsections port cargo bay. The quickest way to the bridge through the packed chambers filled with praying pilgrims gathered around the "special cargo" that requires the prayers of thousands to satiate.

The other route - though less glorious is through the crawlways that can carry you to two decks beneath the bridge where only a short walk thorugh the Shrine of Blessed Drusus will bar you from the bridge.

Emperor Ing
2012-11-16, 08:43 PM
Karros has heard this story before, take the longer, safer route or the short but possibly dangerous road. The throngs of thousands will have individuals with weapons among them, along with a willingness to use them. Personally feeling unsure about which route to take, Karros refers to the Noise Marine.
Well what do you think? Cutting our way through the thousands will bring great glory to us and to Chaos, but moving through the crawlways will not alert them to our presence, if it takes longer.
He also makes a look around for a crate large enough to store two humans in. At least for the time it takes for the Rogue Trader and her crew to sieze control of this ship.

Tychris1
2012-11-16, 09:34 PM
Carnus moves his hand over his blastmaster, resuming his ancient practice of eternally monitoring it. Raising his head to his fellow brother in arms he says in a voice so soft as to almost throw off the previous loud and boisterous appearance from before "My lord Slaanesh wishes for me to seek eternal glory in her name. Given the chance I would butcher all that stands in the way between me and her. We should cut our way through the pigs, let them hear the sonic bliss I offer." He quietly laughs to himself, relishing for the thrum of battle once again.

Emperor Ing
2012-11-16, 09:38 PM
Alright then, it's settled.
He turns back to the humans
Is there an armory nearby?

DrK
2012-11-17, 01:27 AM
The two men shake their heads at the mention of the armoury. "Its just stores and shrines down here. Armoury 'n stuff is up on the upper decks where the ships crew are. THey don't like us sort with that sort of power."

Tychris1
2012-11-17, 01:31 AM
"Well then, doesn't seem like they'll be revering the Dark Prince anytime soon, and they've certainly outlived there usefulness....." He raises his blastmaster and points it at one of their skulls "Shall I have the honor?"

Emperor Ing
2012-11-17, 01:31 AM
Hmm...very well. Karros acknowledges it may have been a stretch to ask. He considers asking about security doors but there's nothing on this ship that a little swing of his scythe or blast of his psychic might can't handle. Even blast doors will buckle.

He looks around again for any sort of sealable area that can safely store two humans.

DrK
2012-11-17, 01:49 AM
Hmm...very well. Karros acknowledges it may have been a stretch to ask. He considers asking about security doors but there's nothing on this ship that a little swing of his scythe or blast of his psychic might can't handle. Even blast doors will buckle.

He looks around again for any sort of sealable area that can safely store two humans.

The store room has a perfusion of cloth covered piles of religious statuery but no cabinets or anything sealable. THe closest would be behind one of the grilles on the air vents but they could crawl up thos shafts...

Tychris1
2012-11-17, 01:58 AM
Carnus sees what little they have to work with, and remembering the exact wording says "Well, lucky you two eh? My brother here says no harm to you will come from him," a wolfish grin grows beneath his helmet "It's a good thing I'm not spoken for." And with that his blastmaster is set to it's less destructive (Hail of Noise I believe the setting is called) setting and unleashes it's full fury on the first prisoner point blank. The second will be swift to follow.

Do I even have to roll for this? It's point blank shooting at unarmed victims who have surrendered with a BFG.

Emperor Ing
2012-11-17, 03:25 AM
Karros steps back, his body language betraying how he is rather appaled by his brother's wanton disregard for the concept of honor.

Tychris1
2012-11-17, 10:50 PM
Carnus wipes his boots clean of the blood on them and says "And I just got these new symbols cleaned... Oh well, can't get everything you want, right brother?" He laughs heartily before shaking off the blood and guts and strutting out of the room, unphased by what he just did and ready to cut his way through the ship.

Emperor Ing
2012-11-17, 11:30 PM
...WHAT THE FRAG WAS THAT?! The Librarian finally manages to stammer out in outrage. They were already beaten! You didn't have to delve to their level by finishing them off! Have you no sense of honor?

Tychris1
2012-11-17, 11:56 PM
Carnus stops and turns towards the Librarian "Why should I show honor or compassion to one's devoid of anything worth honor? Ones who spit in the face of all that I stand for and merely wish for the destruction of my dark ruler? They're nothing more then empty husks, drones filled with single orders to carry out before their lives are put to an abrupt halt," He pauses to look at what little remains of the militia "Do not expect any different from me. Ever."

Emperor Ing
2012-11-18, 01:11 AM
Karros wishes he could say more, but as much as he tries, and even thinks he's shaken off the shackles of the Traitor-Emperor, the conditioning still holds strong. As such he is unable to form a response to anyone that can speak so forcefully or certainly. He doesn't at all agree with Carnus, but Karros still feels wrong for opposing him.

He begins to make his way towards the Pilgrim Chambers.

DrK
2012-11-18, 06:13 PM
The bloodied chunks of the remaining fraternis militia scatter across the deck plating as the noise marine tears them apart.

Pushing onwards and upwards the alarms blare and whine as you scutlle down long and virtually abandoned corridors. THe alarms backed up by "Militia to action stations. Prepare to repel boarders!

THe long and dark corridor is soon filled with bodies as lone guards or pairs of troops are silently and effortlessly disposed of. SOon however the clamour of preaching, the singing of a choir and a the shuffling of hundreds of bodies can be heard form up ahead. The corridor terminating in a gantry overlookig the main cargo hold. A vast space some 400m a side. Now filled with several hundred pilgrims at least all gathered around what appears to be a small self contained temple thta sits in the heart of the room. A dozen heabily armed guards beside it.

Even thogh the gantry would be in full view of the hundreds beneath you can still see on the ground level the doors marked Access Tube this way"
leading to the main walkways to the bridge.

Basically its a well guardede auti-temple in the centre of the cargo hold with a massive horde of crazy pilgrims filling the rest of the space.

Tychris1
2012-11-18, 06:30 PM
Carnus looks down at the pilgrims, his past confidence being put to the test by the horde of enemies, turning towards the librarian Carnus says in a hushed tone "I trust in the Dark Prince to guide and protect me, but I doubt he'll intervene the hail of weaponry that would hit us if we jumped out and started shooting. Any plans, brother?"

Tome
2012-11-18, 06:49 PM
"Boo" comes an all too familiar voice from out of the darkness behind them, followed by an even more recognisable sniggering as the reaction it garners. The unholy and inhuman amalgamation of twisted flesh and augmetic enhancements that strides from the shadows is none other than Osaze's apprentice, and a more mocking parody of a true astartes there has never been. Particularly the mocking part.

"So glad I found you gents - say, is it me or does that ceiling look awfully fragile?" Venka idly comments, toying with a roll of blasting cord and covertly scanning the room below.

My first thought is to bring down the ceiling with Venka's explosives. Is this workable, assuming that she manages to sneak and climb to the appropriate places? Failing that, are there any convenient hazards like fuel tanks, stacked containers or the such?

Also, how well lit is the room?

Emperor Ing
2012-11-18, 06:56 PM
Karros surveys the scene below them. Mindless fools, worshipping trinkets that are even remotely linked to a being that despises each and every one of them. One thing he notes is that it's only a select few that are armed.We have the high-ground, and they haven't seen us yet. There's only a handful with weapons that can even threaten us, and although the sheep came here, armed, I don't think they're a serious threat. Take out the heaviest-armed first and work your way down, catch as many as you can in explosions, I suspect the rabble will rout once they realize they're defenseless against our onslaught.

Tychris1
2012-11-18, 07:05 PM
Carnus grips his blastmaster tightly at the sound of the abomination sneaking up on them, nearly falling over in surprise "The warp with you!... Every damn time..... Grrr, yes I suppose that with enough explosives we could either wipe out the guards or collapse the roof. I care not for which we do, my trusted instrument shall accomplish both goals with ease, and I shall earn my patron's favor either way..."

Emperor Ing
2012-11-18, 07:13 PM
Although there is no visible sign of him being surprised, the grey sorcerer's nerves do jump at the abomination's impromptu arrival. Karros shakes his head at the false Astartes. Please don't do that. You, of all...things...should know surprising a Psyker is a bad idea.

Caimheul
2012-11-19, 10:15 AM
"Bah. If you paid attention better we wouldn't have been able to sneak up on you. And I used to wonder why most of my time seems to be spent patching you two up." A black armoured shape says from behind the others, as he sweeps the crowd below for any signs of a leader of some sort. "Members of this cult often respond to hopeless situations by fighting harder, not running away. At the very least we could count on the alarm being raised, bringing more fanatics here. Avoiding this fight may be more beneficial."

Tychris1
2012-11-19, 09:50 PM
"Well then, in that case what brilliant plan do you have in order for us to get to the bridge? Because as of right now the Femme Fatale Freak is starting to make sense to me. We should just start dropping some big explosions there to disorientate them before running off, sowing discord wherever we go. Bastards won't know what hittem."

DrK
2012-11-20, 02:01 AM
Watching the mass of fools and sheep beneath the alarms begin to fade as the vox casters blast across the cavernous cargo hold "Glory to the Emperor. THe despicable invaders have been driven from our holy vessel".

THe cheers and prayers and psalms rise up to new heights, unawre of death lurking nearby. THe marines eyeing up the massive void airlock can clearly see that it has massive thickness and huge hinges. THe controls for the void dock mid way down the room on the left and right hand side - plastered with huge warning signs and guarded by grimfaced enforcers.

You'd be thinking in the region of AP40-50 for the doors (like a baneblade)
and the hinges.

THe control panels - panels that have controls for ceiling mounted winches/cranes and the void lock are ~300m away diagonally from where you are.

Emperor Ing
2012-11-20, 02:41 AM
That's right. Glory to the Emperor. Glory to the greatest betrayer man has ever known. Karros chuckles inwardly at the thought. Go on. Have a false sense of security. He eyeballs the airlock but after being able to realize how thick it is, he might as well try to pry open the hull with his bare hands.

Should we just make a run for it? They're as good as dead anyways.

Tome
2012-11-21, 11:13 AM
"Mmm... might as well go around gents" Venka murmurs in agreement. "Best way to deal with this lot would be for one of us to make a run for the control panel to that nice big airlock while the rest draw attention. But unless one of you has suddenly picked up the urge to start screaming 'blood for the blood god' that seems like far more hassle than it's worth".

"I mean, they don't even look to have anything worth looting. Let's find another way, maybe there'll be an armoury or something to raid".

Emperor Ing
2012-11-21, 04:21 PM
No, I mean make a run for the exit. At worst they'll be funneled through a narrow cooridor where we can pick them off as we make our run for the bridge. That shrine looks valuable, and I heard the tech-monkey with the wings say something about the engines to this ship being worth quite a bit as well.

Tychris1
2012-11-21, 04:23 PM
"Yes.... Use their numbers against them, and choke the hallways with their bodies. How.... delicious....." Carnus says, agreeing with the Librarian.

Caimheul
2012-11-22, 10:11 PM
"I'd prefer slipping out unnoticed if possible and heading for the bridge, striving to avoid having the alarm raised. Even in narrow corridors, they would be able to overwhelm us eventually, or outflank us with their more extensive knowledge regarding the ship's layout. I for one would like to survive to spend my cut of the prize." Zahariel contributes as he looks for a discrete way that is likely to lead to the bridge.

Logic test to find a path to the bridge: [roll0] TN 48

DrK
2012-11-26, 05:16 PM
The vessels sirens begin to wail and messages appear on the walls as the warp jump begins to be initiated. Suddenly the vessel rocks and shudders as some sort of massive weapons blast slams into the transport.

Fires and explosions bloom on the floor beneath as power lines and conduits rupture and the power flckers and dies. The lights vanishing as blackness doses the hold bay and the screams of the wounded and the scared bellow from beneath.

The huge hold vessel the marines are on reeling and spinning as gravity plating fails and the entire vessel go's zero-G adding to the screams of panic and terror from beneath you....

Easy (+20) Ag or Str to maintain your footing
The entire room is pitch dark apart from the screaming
Its gone zero-gravity! and pitch dark. Hope you;ve got your magnetic boots

Tome
2012-11-26, 06:56 PM
"Warp ju..." Venka's remark on the broadcast, whatever it may have been, is cut short by the explosions and sudden loss of power. It takes more than that to stop her babbling though, and she recovers quickly. "Ah, all things considered, that was probably old Osaze's way of telling us to 'hurry the frak up'" she notes, grabbing a nearby railing to keep from drifting off as the artificial gravity fails.

Privately, Venka makes a note to either acquire a jump pack or get some working magnetic boots. A lack of something as petty as gravity should not be allowed to interfere with her fun. The darkness, however, poses far less of a problem as her auto-senses boot up to compensate. She manoeuvres herself for another look at the congregation below, a wicked grin on the misshapen mouth beneath her helm. If any of them survived whatever conflagration took place, now is the time to finish the job.

Keep balance 70 (Agility 50 + Difficulty 20) VS [roll0]

Tychris1
2012-11-26, 07:18 PM
Carnus smiles as the ship cracks open violently, releasing a cynical laugh as he hears people get sucked into the void. But, not everyone here seems to have magnetic raptor claws like Carnus does, which would prove to be a problem. Best way to solve that is to use Carnus as a platform to hold onto. Outstretching his hands he tries to grab a hold of Venka and Karros. "Well then, let's get moving shall we? The fast we get to a hallway out of here the better." And with that he'll start trying to walk forward whilst dragging Venka and Karros.

What do I have to roll to keep Karros and Venka from floating away?

Emperor Ing
2012-11-26, 08:13 PM
I...have a few choice words for Osaze should I see him next time. Darkness and zero-g however...
Could we possibly...float to the door while they're blind?

Caimheul
2012-11-27, 12:24 AM
With his power armour augmented strength, Zahariel is easily able to remain close the the floor. "I agree, we should get moving. If necessary, I'll clear the way as they're unlikely to hear my rifle. Carnus, let your passengers guide you out, I know your Auto-senses are on the fritz. the Forsaken whispers over the com link.

[roll0] TN 78 (38 Strength +20 Power Armour +20 Easy)

Emperor Ing
2012-11-27, 12:57 AM
((I gotta roll strength too))

Target 80
[roll0]

Tychris1
2012-12-02, 01:20 AM
Carnus just shrugs, the slightest motion sending a marine going this way then that. Holding out his hands he begins to walk corward, his raptor claws digging into the platform below and locking onto the metal with magnetic componets "You lead I follow. Just get me to the nesrest passage way and i'll drop you off." The Noise Raptor says as he pccasionaly sweeps his hands left then right.

Carnus is going to be leaving down the nearest corridor, following any directions given.

Emperor Ing
2012-12-02, 01:48 AM
One moment, I seem to be drifting. Karros at first considers asking for help, but then he resolves to at least try using his psychic powers to assist where his footing failed. His auto-senses detect where the platform is, and he immediately reaches out to it with his feelings, bouncing a telekinetic force off of it, reeling himself towards it. After successfully doing it he looks towards Carnus.

While we still can we should jump for the door to the bridge, don't worry about the rabble. We'll kill them when the ship is ours. And avoid using your jump pack.

Manifesting Mind over Matter (fettered) in the indicated way, basically reeling myself towards the platform (weightless due to zero-gravity)
Target 91
[roll0]

Caimheul
2012-12-07, 09:48 AM
"Alright folks, we should get a move on." the Forsaken whispers into his vox as he makes his way to the bridge passageway silenced boltgun ready to deal with anyone who may be in their way.

Awareness: [roll0] TN 46/56 Sight/sound