PDA

View Full Version : Freeform superpower game IC

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

zagman505
2013-02-14, 04:31 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"Ok, the groceries should be just down this alley." Xavier leads the group into the alley where he first encountered Jules and Aldruk. Glancing around nervously, Xavier kneels down next to the manhole cover where he hid the groceries.

"Make sure nobody can see what I'm doing except you guys." Xavier bends open the manhole cover, retrieves the groceries, and quickly bends the manhole cover back. Inspecting the groceries, he finds that the boxes are somewhat soggy, but most of the stuff inside should be sealed separately and fine.

Standing up, he turns to the group. "Well... now you know what I can do. Shall we head up to my place before you all demonstrate how you're special?" He starts walking towards his apartment building.

GuyFawkes
2013-02-14, 08:38 PM
Jules Delacroix

"Wow. So it's really still there, huh?" Jules said with a sly smile. "Right, let's keep moving then." He did not say it, but he wanted to be away from the place fast. It reminded him of Aldruk, and the pangs of guilt was welling out again.

"Maybe we should do the big revelation tomorrow, when we've had some sleep. We don't want them knocking while most of us are asleep."

Dragon Overlord
2013-02-14, 10:57 PM
Dill Vanderberg

Dill pulls out his phone and hits a few buttons. Um, we need to veer east a few blocks to hit the parking garage so I can grab my van. Then I will drive you all there in style.

Assuming your idea of style is an older mini-van.

After a short time of walking there is a large building with an underground parking garage. Dill leads the others to a older mini-van in the third sub-basement. As they approach, the van rolls backwards out of the parking spot and the doors open automatically so everyone can get in. Dill gets in the driver’s seat, inserts his key and turns it to accessory so he can turn on the headlights and wipers.

Well, I know it’s not super classy, but it is reliable.

zagman505
2013-02-15, 01:24 AM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier hops into the front passenger seat and gives Dill instructions on how to get to his apartment.

Oops. Totally forgot about the van. Guess the group walks most of the way to Xavier's place to get the groceries, and then turns around and goes to get Dill's van before finishing the journey to Xavier's :smalltongue:

drack
2013-02-15, 07:00 AM
The rain pelts the windshield and the winds make it difficult to turn, but thankfully there are few other drivers on the streets.

Dragon Overlord
2013-02-18, 12:29 AM
Dill Vanderberg

The van lowers down and the tires spread out a bit to keep a good grip on the road through the rising storm. Dill follows Xavier’s directions to the apartment building and into the indoor parking area.

As everyone gets out, he says. Wow, this place is pretty nice. Where to now?

zagman505
2013-02-18, 12:43 AM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier leads the group to the elevator, and they head up to his apartment on the 23rd floor.

"Well, welcome to my place." Xavier says as they walk in. "Help yourself to anything you need."

Basic details of the place: Three bedrooms (two of them have little more than a bed, desk, and some kind of clothing storage unit), two bathrooms. Small kitchen with fairly standard set of appliances, medium living room.

GuyFawkes
2013-02-18, 07:31 AM
Jules Delacroix

"Nice place. Certainly cleaner than mine. And bigger, too," Jules commented before plopping down on the couch.

"Mmm. I'm good here. You guys can take the bed," he said as he felt the relief of sitting down and closing his eyes before sitting upright a couple of seconds after.

"Oh yeah, right. We need to have someone take watch, maybe in turns. Hey Xavier, does this place have a channel for all the feed from the security cameras?"

zagman505
2013-02-18, 03:28 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier puts away the retrieved groceries. I really hope this will be enough for all of us...

"It's only clean because it's not used very much, my mom prefers California weather. Can't blame her, what with this hurricane and all. If you like clean, don't go into my room." Xavier thinks for a second. "I've never really needed to check the security cams... I dunno, try flipping through and see what you get?"

For the sake of not needing to sort out people sharing a bed and whatnot, I now declare there are two couches in the living room! Also let's add a small dining area between the living room and the kitchen.

Dragon Overlord
2013-02-18, 11:23 PM
Dill Vanderberg

Dill rolls a small box-covered cart that he brought from his van into a corner.

I can take a couch too, Dill volunteers. I’m used to sleeping on floors and stuff.

Dill looks at Jules, You know, I was thinking about the watch thing before. It’s pretty standard in RPGs. But I don’t see how it is so important here. I mean, when people have physics breaking powers, there is no reason to expect that we will see them on cameras, or that they will take the stairs or that they can’t just sit in the next room and read minds, or see through walls, or make our heads explode.

It isn’t that watching isn’t useful. It definitely could be and if there is a security channel of the TV, let’s turn it on. It is just that we already know they have telepaths and teleporters, so I don’t have much faith in regular security methods. We might as well put bottles on the doorknobs.

GuyFawkes
2013-02-19, 10:10 AM
Jules Delacroix

Jules positioned his body to make himself more comfortable before replying. "Not necessarily. They were able to locate our rough location, but they did not exactly pop up where we were. I think this telepath they have just tells them where to go, and doesn't come with them. Which makes sense, as they are important. So, they might avoid some cameras but not all of them. And if they ever try to pop up inside each room, it would be nice if one of us noticed, wouldn't it?"

Aeropolis
2013-02-20, 03:55 PM
Will Trinity

We're playing defense here. We will know this place better than our enemies. Given an enclosed space like this, if anything happens, we will be able to hear each other immediately - and thats the best we can do in terms of responding to a threat. Unless you all want to hold each other's hands for eternity...

theterran
2013-02-21, 09:31 AM
Joshua

Noting the boy, Joshua continues his lesson.

Assuming nothing else happens:

After finishing the lesson, and dismissing the class, Joshua walks up to the boy.

"I need to see you in my office." he tells the boy in a rather flat voice.

drack
2013-02-22, 03:11 PM
The kid jumps visibly. "Um... did I do something wrong...?"

Dragon Overlord
2013-02-23, 01:29 AM
Dill Vanderberg

All right. We have waited long enough. We got here and away from the streets. I want to know some more about you guys. What are your powers and how long have you known you had them. What do you know about power structures and groups and are there bands of superheros helping people out there?

zagman505
2013-02-23, 01:57 AM
Xavier Bonavich

"Well, Jules has already explained to you pretty much all we know about power structures and groups and all. I knew that people with powers were fairly common, though today is the first time I've ever met anyone else. I've known about my ability for around eight years?" As he says this, Xavier picks up a short metal rod from the living room table, perches himself atop one of the couches, and begins to bend it around with his ability.

"I already know what Jules can do, but what about the rest of you?"

shoofle
2013-02-23, 04:07 PM
Charlotte Capuante
Setting herself on the other end of Xavier's couch, Charlotte sighs. "All I know is... when I get hit by something, any kind of impact, uh, everything kind of slows down. Everything feels... faster and lighter. It's hard to explain. I thought all this crud was just hallucinations, but there's never been anything like this... so either I'm crazier than I thought or this is real."

Aeropolis
2013-02-23, 08:59 PM
Will Trinity

"So I found out around middle school that I can't get shocked by electricity, I just absorb it instead. I guess you can kinda see me as some kind of portable battery. Discharging is hard to control, but I've been working on it since I've found out about my power. Its quite handy, though its nothing like the teleporters y'all talk about..."

Dragon Overlord
2013-02-24, 07:25 AM
Dill Vanderberg

Dill pulls a few fantasy miniatures out of his pocket and puts them on the coffee table. He stares at them for a moment and then, all of a sudden, they come to life, swords slashing out against shields as two groups form and begin a very active skirmish.

Without looking up from the action, Dill mumbles, Ever since I can remember, when I played with toys, they played back with me. I learned early that this tends to freak other people out and that I should hide it. So I hid it until I felt like I would burst. I didn’t know anyone else with powers… just me and my secret. Going mad in a small town. So I came to the big city to find the heroes.

Dill sighs and looks up. Didn’t really expect all this. Didn’t think it through as much as I should have. Usually I plan a lot better, but I guess that’s life sometimes.

GuyFawkes
2013-02-25, 05:04 AM
Jules Delacroix

Jules sat silently as he observed the others display their powers one by one, nodding when they finished.

"Well, we have some handy abilities here. There's not much that's tailor-made for surveillance or self defense, save yours," he said pointing to Will. "But, one can open a bottle or canned food with a spoon. We just have to use our other abilities," this time pointing at his head.

Dragon Overlord
2013-02-25, 05:19 AM
Dill Vanderberg

Um, what can you do? Dill asks Jules.

theterran
2013-02-25, 08:16 AM
Joshua

"That is yet to be seen. Just be in my office in 5 minutes."
With that, Joshua, gathers his things and heads off to his office, glancing at Phil on his way out, gesturing with his head for Phil to follow.

Hopefully five minutes will give me a moment to converse with Phil about what kind of powers this kid has... he thinks to himself.

GuyFawkes
2013-02-25, 09:10 AM
Jules Delacroix

"Oh. Right."

He closed his eyes and breathed deeply before bolting straight upright. He looked around and took one of the pillows on the couch, placed it at around knee height, and simply let go. He then took off his shoes and stepped on the floating pillow.

"Something like this. I can stick a few objects in place for an hour or so. But it's hard to do, so mostly I just make them move slower or faster than normal."

drack
2013-02-25, 11:09 AM
Terran
Phil's voice sounds in your head as you walk, and Phil himself seeks out a comfortable chair in a nearby study area, putting his head in his hands as if either moping over a bad exam, or catching some sleep between class. "Hay boss. Powers? Not sure, just know he was thinkin' you were like him an' that perhaps in the future you'd be lookin' up to him as he once looked up to his pop."

zagman505
2013-02-27, 02:11 AM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier's eyes widen at Dill's power display, but he says nothing. After Jules demonstrates his powers, he speaks up. "Wow... Interesting. There really are a lot of strange things in this world..." He motions towards the cart that Dill had brought in with him. "What's in that?"

theterran
2013-02-27, 02:34 PM
Joshua

Joshua sighs..."Any idea how to brooch this subject with him?" he says, somewhat flabbergasted by the assumption that he would look up to this youngster.

drack
2013-02-27, 03:28 PM
Terran
"No idea, how do you usually start your conversations?"

theterran
2013-02-27, 03:46 PM
Joshua

Hah...somehow I get the feeling that-

'Hello, how are you today? Well guess what, tomorrow is the end of the world, and I work for a guy who means to make it happen, and you are thought to have special powers that could be of some use both during and after the apocolypse...'

-isn't going to cut it by any stretch of the imagination... thinks Joshua as he softly bangs his head on his desk...

drack
2013-02-27, 03:48 PM
Terran

A gentle knock sounds on your door.

"Um... professor...?"

Dragon Overlord
2013-03-01, 01:22 AM
Dill Vanderberg

Dill smiles at Xavier’s question. It is my current project. I make and paint models, but usually I go for small gaming stuff. This is my first attempt at something big.

Dill opens the box and pieces of a massive suit of armor fall out. Dill arranges the pieces so you can get an idea of the size and style of the armor. He pulls out a hand drawn picture and shows it to anyone who is (even slightly) interested. The suit’s design has been heavily influenced by anime armor with massive shoulders, spikes, and a built in cape to whip around in the wind.

Why did the armor need a cape? And why was the cape built into it? Who thought that it was a good idea?

I thought I might work on it for a while. It gives me something to do and if someone comes in, well it might be useful… Dill grunts and holds up a meter and a half long sword. On the other hand, someone who can control magnets would love this. For other reasons.

Dill looks over at Jules. So that pillow is falling? Just very slowly? What happens if you throw it up, then slow it down, then step on it? Does your weight change its direction of movement, just slowly?  Or does slowing it down affect how other things affect it?

GuyFawkes
2013-03-01, 02:51 AM
Jules Delacroix

"Interesting hobby you got there," he said while still on the pillow, looking down at the armor. "Nice work on the details. Can you move something that big?"

When Dill asked him about the pillow, he answered by giving a little jump on the pillow. "Nah, this one's pretty much stuck here until I release it or an hour or so passes. And for when I slow things down or speed it up, generally added weight isn't an issue. Unless it's too much, like say a few tons."

shoofle
2013-03-01, 06:32 PM
Charlotte Capuante
Charlotte walks over and kneels by the armor, glancing at Dill for an okay before picking up a piece. "... Wow, this is incredible. You made this? I mean, the style isn't my kind of thing but - how do you work this? Can I see you change something? I'm used to, you know, blowtorches. Oh man, the stuff I could make if I could do friggin' magic..."

She glances back up at Dill after trailing off. "This is crazy. Can I see you work this? How do you make this?"

Aeropolis
2013-03-01, 06:55 PM
Will Trinity

Will notices everyone look at him weirdly as he knelt next to an electric socket, prying to get as much contact as possible with his fingers. Electric arcs occasionally hop between his fingers.

"Don't mind me, I'm just charging up in case of an emergency, like you know, teleporting freaks.", Will said with a blank look on his face.

"I can cover part of your electricity bill if needed, Xavier, after all, I'm probably gonna taking in a kilowatt per second."

zagman505
2013-03-01, 09:23 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier stares in wonder at Will for a second before shaking his head. "Nah, it should be fine. Help yourself to what you need."

Xavier joins Charlotte in admiring Dill's handiwork. Lifting the sword up, he thinks for a second, and then has an idea. Focusing on the sword, he bends it into a coil around his arm, and then grimaces a little. "Could be useful for carrying a weapon around more discreetly, but I think I'd need to use something lighter..."

Dragon Overlord
2013-03-02, 04:42 AM
Dill Vanderberg.

Dill stares at Will and shakes his head. That’s freaking cool, he mumbles.

Well, let me see. Dill picks up a piece of metal bracing and sits down holding it. He looks from Charlotte to Xavier. I can show you how I do it and make you a smaller knife at the same time but you will lose interest pretty quickly.

Dill stares at the piece of metal and begins pushing and pinching with his hands. Very slowly the metal starts to change shape like cold wax, changing from more bar shaped to more dagger shaped. After 10 minutes the bar is generally dagger shaped, much like it you had quickly shaped a dagger out of putty. Dill is sweating. Okay, that is the general shape. Now I can start adding details. Plus it would be better if it was naturally curved and when you wanted it, it would straighten out. Wait, do you have to see things to bend them?

zagman505
2013-03-02, 05:14 AM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier unbends the sword and puts it down as he watches Dill work. "Interesting... looks like a lot of work. But after you do that, it'll stay that way forever, right? My bending will only stick for about an hour..."

Xavier ponders Dill's question for a second. "That's a good question. I've never actually tried." He closes his eyes and holds up the metal rod. After a second, it straightens, then twists into a rough clover shape. Opening his eyes and examining his work, Xavier laughs. "Well... I'll need some practice. I imagine it'd be even worse if I tried to do this without looking though." Setting the rod down in front of him, Xavier starts bending the rod without touching it.

shoofle
2013-03-03, 12:28 AM
Charlotte Capuante
"Jeez, you two could practically put all the equipment in my shed in the dumpster. This... this is all too ridiculous. Dill, what happens if you mold something after Xavier's bent it? Can it unbend then?"

Sorry! I guess it's time for you two to figure this out now :P

zagman505
2013-03-03, 12:37 AM
Xavier Bonavich

"I wonder..." Xavier picks up another piece of metal from Dill's box. Focusing for a moment, he quickly bends it into a crude axe shape, and then hands it to Dill. "Mold some folds together, add some detail, and let's see what happens?"

Dragon Overlord
2013-03-04, 12:58 AM
Dill Vanderberg.

Dill picks up the metal bar. I can.. kind of… feel the tension in the metal. It wants to go back to the original shape. If I can get the metal to accept this shape as natural… Dill rubs the bar with his hands for a few minutes. There we go. Now it isn’t bent, it is its natural shape so it shouldn’t unbend. He pauses. But I think we should wait and see what happens to it, just in case.

If this works, you could cut my working time by 90%.

zagman505
2013-03-04, 01:03 AM
Xavier Bonavich

"Here, let me try to revert it now." Xavier holds his hand over the metal for a second, but nothing happens. Giving it back to Dill, he smiles. "Well that's handy."

drack
2013-03-08, 06:42 AM
The night passe without incident, though the rain begins to lap heavily against the buildings, and reporters begin to risk their lives for a good story stand in the rain to look cool. At around even AM there is a crisp knock on the door. (You know, despite the fact that nobody has shown up on camera.)

Aeropolis
2013-03-10, 01:10 AM
Will Trinity

Will bolted up from his sleeping bag and made his way to the door, being the light sleeper he is. He slowly puts his eye up against the peephole of the door.

Someone help me out with what comes next... I don't want to be the one dropping exposition bombs.

drack
2013-03-10, 07:48 AM
A lone man stands outside the door, white spiked hair rising over his brow, and countless silvery piercings littering his face. As you look he grins, and pointing at the peephole curls his finger as if telling you to come out. His eyes are half closed as if he were a man half asleep on his feet.

GuyFawkes
2013-03-10, 12:15 PM
Jules Delacroix

Jules had already awakened a few minutes but decided to close his eyes for a bit more. When the knock came, his senses and consciousness revved into high gear and he proceeded to wake the others still sleeping as silently as he could. He then turned to Will and mouthed the question "Who is it?"

Aeropolis
2013-03-10, 01:34 PM
Will Trinity

Will signals Jules over to the door.
"Sone suspicious looking guy..." Will whispered.

drack
2013-03-10, 01:40 PM
The suspicious looking man puts his hands on his hips before knocking again.

zagman505
2013-03-10, 02:16 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Bolting awake at Jules' touch, Xavier hurriedly puts on some clothes, grabs his bokken (wooden sword used for kendo training) and stands behind the door. He nervously motions for someone to open it and waits, poised to strike.

Aeropolis
2013-03-11, 02:18 PM
Will Trinity

Will slowly opens the door while taking a step back cautiously. Clenching his left hand, electric charge starts to build up in his left arm.
"Hi, can I help you...?" Will said in a shaky voice to the strange looking guy at the door.

drack
2013-04-02, 09:43 AM
The Strange looking man holds his finger to his lips as if requesting silence, moving his hands as if they were an opening double door. (signaling for you to be quiet and open the door)

GuyFawkes
2013-04-02, 12:03 PM
Jules Delacroix

Jules kept his distance, but he made sure he could see the man if he enters the door. He stood near the couch, his posture loose.

Aeropolis
2013-04-03, 12:23 AM
Will Trinity

Will takes a look at everyone in the room. Everyone is awake and can see what is going on. Seeing that everyone is ready, Will opens the door completely and moves out the way.

drack
2013-04-03, 11:34 AM
Sean strolls boldly into the room with a winning smile Gently shutting the door behind him he speaks. "Hay guys."

GuyFawkes
2013-04-03, 12:20 PM
Jules Delacroix

"Oh, bloody..." Jules stood up straight and shook his head, exhaling audibly. "It's fine, guys. We know him," he said to the others, motioning with his hand to let the others stand down.

Turning back to Sean, he asked, "What are you doing here Sean?" Then his eyes narrowed. "...How did you find us?"

drack
2013-04-03, 12:43 PM
There are more pressing concerns, and you have yet to tell me your stance.

zagman505
2013-04-03, 01:25 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier steps out from behind the door, sword lowered. "Stance on what? The 'war' between Newman and the Askhem?" He looks at Jules and shrugs.

"Well... I don't think we've really decided on that yet. As you can see, our group has grown, and more people generally makes consensus harder to reach. Not to mention we barely know what's going on anyway. Sean, meet Dill, Charlotte, and Will." Xavier waves in each person's general direction as he says their name.

drack
2013-04-04, 06:18 AM
Outside a rolling thunder drowns everything out for a moment as rain lashes against the window. Nodding to Dean and Charlot he replies "Yes, we are acquainted, though I fear time grows short. Newman's storm is growing."

GuyFawkes
2013-04-05, 02:23 PM
Jules Delacroix

"What? Is he planning on moving soon? Or...you can't seriously mean...?" Jules left the question hanging.

drack
2013-04-05, 03:28 PM
Sean looks blankly out the window. "It takes quite some power to call a hurricane, even such a slowly building one."

shoofle
2013-04-11, 02:37 PM
Charlotte Capuante
Charlotte, groggily, stares at Sean. "You mean to say that this hurricane is some kind of magic mumbo-jumbo?"

drack
2013-04-11, 05:01 PM
Some call it magic, he tends to prefer "psychic". You hadn't thought it an odd coincidence?

GuyFawkes
2013-04-12, 12:49 AM
Jules Delacroix

"Well, it is. But, I mean you just told us how it was so rare beings had much power of that scale..." he paused. "...I guess I can see now why Newman has the confidence to take on the Askhem. This, this is just surreal...I mean, after having seen all what I have seen last night, this pales all in comparison."

Jules made his way to the couch and sat down. "I guess this changes things. For me, at least. I could have looked away while Newman waged this little war of his. But this, this storm...It's going to hit New York and all nearby cities. And with this magnitude, people won't be prepared for it. A lot are going to die."

He paused again and looked at Xavier and the others. "I think I don't like this Newman. What do you think?"

zagman505
2013-04-12, 01:11 AM
Xavier Bonavich

"Don't forget, this hurricane has been tearing things to pieces everywhere it goes. The Caribbean, the east coast... A lot of people have probably already died." Xavier drops onto one of the couches. "I agree that Newman is bad, but Christ... What the hell can we do against that kind of power?"

drack
2013-04-12, 06:50 AM
"I'm not sure. You've never told me what you can do , though I'd assume what you could do in this scenario is about as much as in any other..."