PDA

View Full Version : Freeform superpower game IC



Pages : [1] 2 3 4

drack
2012-11-07, 04:47 PM
You may all begin with your daily routine. :smalltongue:
The news speaks of the hurricane, and is beginning to play it up, though it is not yet on every news channel.

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-08, 12:11 AM
Dill is at the NYU campus, talking on the phone.

No Mom, Iím fine. Iím in a safe place and being well taken care of. Imagine the bad publicity they would get if something happened at the writers conference. We are being treated like we are 6 years old.

He listens for a second.

Yeah Mom, if it gets worse, Iíll head home.

Mom, I know you think it was a bad idea, you think it is a bad idea anytime I want to drive somewhere. But this conference is important to meÖ and Iíll have a chance to meet Terry Prachett. Not just see him, but actually meet him.

Iíll be careful and smart, but the only way you are getting me to leave is by coming here and getting me yourself.

I know you would mom. But Iím fine really. I mean, come on, really? A ďhurricaneĒ hitting New York? You donít have to worry about it.

Bye.

I love you too.

Dill hangs up the phone. Man, my parents are crazy.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-08, 03:06 AM
Jules Delacroix

Background Music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT9gT5bqi6Y)

The sound of two pianos playing in unison in the fast and bright tempo of allegro resounded in the room. Leaning behind one of the pianos, Jules' eyebrow occasionally raised each time he heard a missed note or two. It was rare that it happens with talented kids like them, but he had quite the ear for it, such that even other gifted musicians couldn't notice what he could. As the two students playing Mozart's Sonata for Two Pianos in D major reached the repeat of the first theme of the first movement, Jules clapped his hands.

"All right, that's enough," he spoke in his deep voice that clearly showed his British accent.

Standing straight, he turned around to face the two. "Not bad. You still have lots to work on, especially you," he pointed at the young boy to his right, to which the latter reacted with an uneasy smile and scratching his head, "but, that was a helluva lot of improvement than last week. I expect nothing but perfection next time. All right, see you both next week."

"But sir, I think there's that hurricane coming. And I heard it's gonna hit us directly," came the soft voice of the girl who played the other piano.

"Well, more time indoors, more time for you to practice, yeah?" he said as he beamed a smile at her before turning to collect his things on the desk.

"Anyway, we can't do anything about it. We'll see what happens. Stay safe, the both of you," he addressed them both with a nod before heading for the door.


*****


Walking along West 65th, Jules stopped at the intersection on Broadway. He looked to his right to the building across the street for a few seconds, before turning left and walking north along Broadway.

"A hurricane, huh. Looks like it's going to have to wait again."

zagman505
2012-11-08, 03:36 AM
Xavier lies on the couch in his apartment (near East 22nd and Broadway), thinking. The TV is on, the weatherman chattering away about Hurricane Sandy.

Effin' hurricane. If I had known this was going to happen, I would have stayed at home in California for longer. At least this apartment is inland enough that I don't need to evacuate. Guess I'll just stay inside for a few days...

He jolts upright, and curses at himself.

S***! I need to stock up on food.

Shoving on his shoes and grabbing a coat on the way out the door, Xavier hurriedly makes his way down to the Trader Joe's on East 22nd and 6th.

drack
2012-11-08, 07:15 AM
Dragon overlord: Outside the sun is shining, and the air is warm.

Guy: As you walk through the crowded new york streets, a graying man who looks to once have been heavyset, now without even the strength to walk as fast as the crowds grabs your hand, tugging you lightly. "Sir, sir! You... You are in terrible danger! Come, come quick!
The world is ending, ending! You must come now!..."
His old bony hand grasps yours, but you can feel that it no longer has the strength to resist you if you chose.

Zag: The supermarket is crowded and full of scarred people stocking up, but on the other hand it's always like that, storm or no. :smalltongue:

Space Lawyer
2012-11-08, 07:29 AM
James

James wakes up slowly, the light from an east-facing window shining into his face. He sits up and stretches, and the woman next to him stirs in her sleep. Stay asleep. he nudges her mind, and the woman falls back into deep sleep. It wasn't that James wanted to avoid her; he just liked having a bit of time to himself in the morning. He gets up and walks to the kitchen. A glass floats from an open cabinet to meet a container of orange juice that floats out of the refrigerator. By the time he reaches the glass, the juice has been poured and is waiting for him. I should probably go get something greasy to eat. This girl doesn't keep anything more unhealthy than tofu here. It wasn't that he was hungover (things like that just didn't happen anymore), but James enjoyed the ritual, commiserating with the thousands of others in this city that would be leaving a strangers apartment in the morning. Plus, he hadn't eaten for about two weeks already. Not much of a problem, but the whole act kept him grounded. As James leaves the apartment, a pen scribbles out a note with his number and a nice thought. The lock clicks closed behind him.
There was nothing quite like the morning air in a city. Already the haze was rising off the streets, a foul smelling odor wafted from dark places, and the people out at this time either had something to do or hadn't done anything for a very long time. This one was beginning its emergency preparations for an oncoming storm though, so there there was a certain manic and paranoid hum in the background, moreso than usual. The people this far north were ready for snowstorms and the like, but a hurricane was something out of the ordinary, and anything out of the ordinary frightened people. James opens himself up fully, hearing the psychic babble of the city. They were indeed scared, but there was a sense that there was still time, and that this city could easily handle anything nature threw at it. James dials it down a bit as he walks into the diner; it didn't look so well to have a glazed over expression and look like you were listening to something only you could hear.
The fat man at the counter was already covered in a sheen of sweat, understandable with the heat coming off the grill. Grease hangs heavy in the air, along with the smells of baked goods.
Morning, James. Whatcha need today?
Morning, Leroy. Eggs, bacon, toast, and coffee. You know how I like it.
Late night, huh? Left some poor young thing with her heart broken this morning?
James smiles. Haha, no, she'll be just fine. I think I'll be in town a while this time. I actually left a note.
You left a note? If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were showing some emotional maturity. Anyway, take a seat, I'll get your food out in a few minutes.
James takes a seat. Leroy never asked for the money; a few nudges to his mind had seen to it that he always forgot that part. James paid him when he could, but otherwise considered it fair trade for fixing Leroy's grandson's lack of motivation a few years back. The boy was top of his class now, about to graduate and go to an Ivy League with a full-ride scholarship.
After breakfast, James walks over to Central Park. It was always an interesting experience here.

drack
2012-11-08, 07:46 AM
You notice a group of suspicious looking people arguing amongst themselves as the pass the Bethesda fountain, heading under the ornate bridge.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-08, 08:47 AM
Jules Delacroix

It's probably not gonna hit. Well, if it does, no classes. Good for me...wait. That means less pay. Damn, can't have that. Not with the increased rent next month.

A tug on his arm took Jules from his thoughts.

He looked at the elder man as he spouted things about him being in danger and the world ending.

"Sir, sir! You... You are in terrible danger! Come, come quick!
The world is ending, ending! You must come now!..."

Placing his other hand over the man's hand, he smiled.

"Sir, if the world were to end, I assure you I would be in no more danger than you, or these other people here."

drack
2012-11-08, 09:12 AM
"Them... Us... We must... But sir, we are!" The man looks frantic. "Truly sir! I tell you truly!" Anxiously he darts a glance about the crowd, the faintest glimmer of relief amongst his haste and anxiety.

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-08, 09:19 AM
Outside the sun is shining, and the air is warm.

And there is no time like the present to go out and find out something about people with powers. The first meeting isn't until 1 so I've got lots of time. I'll go out to Times Square, no, I'll go to the city library, no I'll... hmmm. I'll go and get some breakfast.

Dill grabs his backpack, checks to make sure that his notebooks, Ipad, and minatures are all safely stowed, then heads out into the city with the soundtrack to Harry Potter on repeat on his Iphone.

drack
2012-11-08, 09:28 AM
The first thing you notice is that the city is more crowded then you're used to, with more people on a single street then you're likely to see in a day elsewhere, and the buildings so tall that they continue to lure your gaze above only for your slowed pace to congest the walkways.

Eventually you find your way to a crowded dinner where you are informed to wait ten minutes for a table to open up.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-08, 09:31 AM
James

James follows the group, opening himself up and trying to attune himself to their thoughts. Hopefully there wouldn't be too many other people around watching if this got ugly.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-08, 11:33 AM
Jules Delacroix

Jules looked the man in the eyes, still smiling.

"Look, I'm not sure about this end of the world thing, though I heard a hurricane's coming. Well, that's not really the end of the world, but if it hits, it's gonna do a lot of damage. Best prepare for that instead, okay?"

drack
2012-11-08, 01:06 PM
cgrela:

It's hard to focus on so many at once, but they all seem rather anxious about something. The nearest one has thoughts of relentlessly bludgeoning... something... with his fists.

Guy:

"No, no, you don't understand! They're coming!" By now people are beginning to stare as suddenly the man looks startled, and darting a wild glance about him, releases your hand and runs for a side-street.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-08, 01:12 PM
James

James walks up to the group, projecting a subtle thought into their minds, nudging them ever so slightly I'm James. You know me. We've met a few times. You like me. You trust me.. He comes up to them smiling. "Hey guys, hows it going?"

drack
2012-11-08, 01:21 PM
As a whole they seem to have have a stronger natural resistance then normal, as is common with agitation, paranoia, or trains of thought that root you to reality. As you approach they all look at you n a way that make you feel rather uncomfortable, and unwanted.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-08, 01:59 PM
Jules Delacroix

They're...?

Jules had noticed the man's eyes had been shifty, as if weary of some unseen entities are after him while they talked, so he looked around for whatever the man was looking at.

As he did so, the man let go of his hand and ran off to a side street. Normally, Jules would have let it go, but there was one thing in his mind that told him he should follow the man.

Maybe...

And so he slowly followed the path the elderly man took.

drack
2012-11-08, 02:09 PM
With your slow pace the distance between you slowly broadens until the man darts into an allyway.

zagman505
2012-11-08, 02:11 PM
Zag: The supermarket is crowded and full of scarred people stocking up, but on the other hand it's always like that, storm or no. :smalltongue:

Xavier threads his way through the crowd, grabbing what non-perishables and easily prepared foods he can. Within about half an hour, he's gotten what he needs and has checked out.

This should be enough for a few days... Now to get it all home. Ugh.

Slinging the bags over his shoulders, Xavier wearily starts heading home.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-08, 02:21 PM
Jules Delacroix

Oh, no you don't.

Before he lost sight of the man, Jules focused on the elder's clothes and shoes, willing them to go slower than they're supposed to go while picking up the pace himself. He did not run, but he wasn't walking anymore.

And he opened up his senses. He didn't discount the possibility of the whole thing being a setup. He moved to the side further from the alleyway to have a better view when turning, and called out.

"Hey! Sir! Wait up!"

drack
2012-11-08, 02:23 PM
Zag:

As you walk hoe you see an elderly man grab a younger man by the wrist speaking in fervent mutterings. As you raw closer you hear the old man exclaim "No, no, you don't understand! They're coming!" before taking a side street. From the intersection you see the young man follow slower behind the elder as the old man darts into an alleyway.

Guy:

The old man seems to struggle noticing the heightened resistance, and trip as he enters the alleyway. Odd... people didn't usually notice that. :smallconfused:

zagman505
2012-11-08, 02:50 PM
Zag:

As you walk hoe you see an elderly man grab a younger man by the wrist speaking in fervent mutterings. As you raw closer you hear the old man exclaim "No, no, you don't understand! They're coming!" before taking a side street. From the intersection you see the young man follow slower behind the elder as the old man darts into an alleyway.

I wonder what's going on...

Xavier hesitates for a second, debating whether to just head home and put down his groceries. However, his curiosity wins out, and he cautiously follows the men into the alley.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-08, 02:52 PM
Jules Delacroix

"Please wait!"

The young man's eyebrows crossed at the sight of the man struggling against his clothes' deceleration, as if he knew what had happened and fought against it.

Does he know?

The reason he had followed this man earlier weighed heavier in his chest.

Could he, could he be someone like me?

As he thought about that, the last two words rang inside his mind.

Like me.

He thought about the elder man's words earlier.

"Sir, sir! You... You are in terrible danger! Come, come quick!
The world is ending, ending! You must come now!..."

Why only me?

His eyes widened and his heart raced as he suddenly thought about the possible meaning those words might hold. Nevertheless, he took a wide arc turning into the alleyway so as to have a full vision of what was in it before attending the elderly man.

"Are you all right sir?"

DaedalusK71
2012-11-08, 03:10 PM
October 27, 2012 Ė 100 Block of Metropolitan Avenue, New York, New York.

Donít worryÖ Iím almost home. Yes, I got the batteries AND the water filter. Iím passing the theater now. Iíll see you in ten, maybe fifteen minutes. Just make sure the tub is filled and tape up the windows. Ethan struggled against the wind with his arm load of packages. I know we are supposed to evacuate but I can't risk the shop getting looted or drowned under the storm swell. I'm a block away... I'll see you in a sec... bye. Sandy was a couple of days away but the temperature had already dropped and the winds were picking up. Ethan muttered under his breath. Letís go to New York, she says. Itís close to DC and you can rub elbows with decision makers, she says. You can crawl over each other like antsÖ freezing ants, I saysÖ

Moving to New York wasnít his first choice but Shannon had been offered a fellowship at NYU and frankly, there wasnít really a choice. If Ethan wanted to start his own business, they were going to need her making maximum bank. It wasnít so bad really. His accountant had told him that most businesses failed within two years and of those that made it seventy percent lasted more than ten. Well, Kinsey Engineering had had its second anniversary two months ago and, while things were still tight, the future looked bright.


Ethan fumbled in his pocket for his keys and dropped them on the ground. Damn it... I don't need this right now... Trying to bend down and pick the keys without putting down the bags was a bad idea. Four packages of Top Ramen fell out and joined the keys on the cold wet ground. Anger, more at his foolishness than the circumstances, Ethan cursed out loud.

"Can I help with that?" Came a voice from behind. Shocked and a bit embarrassed, Ethan straightened and turned to see his long time neighbor, Stephen standing there with his own bags. Stephen... Thanks. You're a life saver. he smiled as Stephen gathered the packages and keys. "Not at all..." replied Stephen. "We have to look out for one another in times like this right?" Ethan smiled. ]Right. Listen. I know you don't have a car so if you need a lift out, my wife is happy to take you. Stephen pulled the door open and waved Ethan inside. "Thanks Ethan, I appreciate that but I have someone coming to pick Nietzsche and I in a couple of hours." Ethan nodded. Great. But if you need anything, don't wait... ask. he said, as they rode up the elevator. At the seventh floor the pair stepped off together and into their respective apartments.

"Finally..." Shannon sighed. She wasn't normally this frantic but the idea of leaving Ethan here to face the storm alone frightened her and it had been a three day battle to get her to agree. "I have packed everything... I think... that you'll need for about 2 weeks. There's food still in the fridge so eat that first. No doubt the power is going to fail. The hand crank radio is..." Ethan half dropped his bundles on the table next to another pile and raised a hand paused her litany. It's all good Shannon. I have everything I need. I'll be fine.

After another hour of packing and more than a few tears, Ethan stood waving at his wife's BMW as it headed West to the bridge that was, no doubt, packed with evacuees. Quickly running up to his apartment, Ethan grabbed his bags and secured the door on his way out. There was serious work to do. Hailing a cab, Ethan tossed his bag into the seat and climbed inside. 15th Street and 11th Ave.

drack
2012-11-08, 03:11 PM
Mysterious old man:

The old man scrambles up. "Come, come!" he calls as he races as fast as his worn old body can carry him, down the ally and to the left. breathing hard he continue to wind his way through the streets until he emerges at a metal fence at the end of an ally. Stopping he open the unbound fence to an enclosure behind an apartment building. From there he lifts a loose water grate and slips into the water system under the city, eventually arriving by two large neat suitcase against which he collapses, out of breath.

lusk:

Within the room there suddenly seemed to be a magical hush. all the troubles left outside with only preparations within.

zagman505
2012-11-08, 03:39 PM
Mysterious old man:

The old man scrambles up. "Come, come!" he calls as he races as fast as his worn old body can carry him, down the ally and to the left. breathing hard he continue to wind his way through the streets until he emerges at a metal fence at the end of an ally. Stopping he open the unbound fence to an enclosure behind an apartment building. From there he lifts a loose water grate and slips into the water system under the city, eventually arriving by two large neat suitcase against which he collapses, out of breath.

Hey, what's going on here? Xavier calls out to the men he's following, very much regretting the decision to not go home and drop off the groceries. As he catches up, he notices that the older man seems to be struggling to move, though there doesn't appear to be anything actually hindering him. Strange.

drack
2012-11-08, 04:00 PM
Lusk
The streets are unusually congested with traffic. Soon the driver pulls up at your destination and charges you fair.

theterran
2012-11-08, 04:03 PM
Joshua Blake

"Hey Dr. Blake."

Looking up from his Starbucks, Joshua smiled at the student, acknowledging him as he walked by. Sitting on a park bench in Washington Square is somewhat of a morning ritual for Joshua, as is his morning white mocha from the Starbucks across the street. Though most mornings, he would struggle to get a sip from the students walking by greeting him.

"Good morning Professor Blake." said another student in passing.

Joshua sighed inwardly, looking up and smiling at this student as well, acknowledging her with a slight nod of his head as well.

From looking at him, you wouldn't figure that Joshua was a professor, unless you were in one of his classes. Wearing his long black leather coat and black leather stetson fedora, both of which looked somewhat worn, did not exactly say professor, nor did the unshaven stubble clinging to his lip and chin, and the black leather shoes, dubbed "old man shoes" by his students. In fact, every now and then someone would actually walk on the grass on the other side of the pathway from the bench, which Joshua figured was just to give themselves a wide birth in case it turned out he was some kind of freak.

Joshua lifted the coffee to take a sip. He sighed again; it had gotten cold.

Professor said another student, this one sliding onto the bench beside him mid sip.

"Yes?" Joshua replied.

"Am I interupting?" the student replied.

"No..." said Joshua, looking down at his coffee, " it has gone cold anyway." Joshua frowns to himself. That's the one problem with having a routine, when others figure it out, they know exactly where to find you, perhaps I need to find another bench in the mornings...

"...and that's why I thought I would ask your expertise"

Joshua frowned outwardly now. "My expertise on what?"

The student looked at his watch. "Oh, I'm going to be late, I'm sorry professor, we can talk later, I'll know where to find you!" exclaimed the student as he ran off.

Yep, that does it, time to find a new bench...first thing tomorrow. thinks Joshua. As he leans back taking a sip from his coffee, he smiles, steam rolling off of his coffee.

DaedalusK71
2012-11-08, 04:20 PM
[Ethan Kinsey]

Kinsey Engineering | 57 11th Ave

Ethan paid the cabbie and quickly crossed the street to the massive warehouse on Pier 57. A rush of relief washed over him when he noticed two familiar vehicles in parking lot. Lester and Greg we here, hopefully already preparing for the coming storm. Ethan moved quickly down the pier to his space.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-08, 06:04 PM
James

James frowns. Those whose minds were more than a bit unhinged were usually easier to influence. Their thinking patterns were already abnormal, making the thoughts he infiltrated into their minds seem more reasonable. He withdrew from the wide broadcast and instead turned to the nearest individual. James reached his hand for the man's. As soon as he made contact, James exploded into the mans mind, breaking down barriers and subsuming the man's conscious thoughts. You trust me. You want to tell me things. You want to tell me what you are all doing here, where you are going. Tell me. Tell me! James kept a wary eye on the rest of the group, ready to stop them short should any make the mistake of taking an aggressive action.

drack
2012-11-08, 07:06 PM
Terran:

You see another student approaching from down the street, eyes intent on you.

Lusk:

The two smile openly accepting you. "You ready?"one asks. As you proceed up into the storeroom, you see a man by the door as if hesitating as to if he should enter or not.

cgrela:

Though somehow it seemed that rather then the sort of abnormal mindset that's unhinged from reality, such as delusional fantasies, these seemed more like anxiety and paranoia which keep one thoroughly observant of the world around them as it is, and more suspicious of every stray thought to cross their mind, in which case it becomes much harder to slip something in, especially when one is limited to "nudging". The man's brow furrows as he takes notice of your influence, and easily fights off your "gentle nudge". The men surround you cutting off escape as one of them (not the one you just probed) steps forward. "Why are you in his head?" the man replies, as an earthy surface begin to crust over one of the others arms.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-08, 07:58 PM
James

James looks at the man "Why? Because I was curious, and now you've only aroused my suspicions further. With that, he lifts himself into the air, and onto the bridge. He takes off sprinting, telekinetic force enhancing his strides.

drack
2012-11-08, 08:03 PM
When you eventually look over your shoulder you see they're not following you.

DaedalusK71
2012-11-08, 09:45 PM
[Ethan Kinsey]

Kinsey Engineering | 57 11th Ave


The two smile openly accepting you. "You ready?"one asks. As you proceed up into the storeroom, you see a man by the door as if hesitating as to if he should enter or not.

Ready as I'll ever be. Ethan said grimly. Seeing the man standing there gave Ethan pause. Finally he turned toward the man and waved the others on. You get started on moving all the TX-934 equipment upstairs. I'll be right there.

Ethan sized the stranger up as he approached. Stopping roughly 2 meters away, he asked Can I help you?

drack
2012-11-08, 10:05 PM
The man was old an confident, studying the sign on the door thoroughly. "I hear you can fix things" The man states before turning to meet your gaze. "What can you fix?"

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-08, 11:22 PM
Dill finishes up eatting and goes up to pay the check.

You gonna get out of here, honey? askes the waitress. Where are you evacuating to?

Donít worry, Iíll be fine. Dill replies with a smile. Seriously people? Havenít you ever seen a noríeaster before? At what age did everybody become paranoid?

Dill checkes himself before heading out of the diner. Bag firmly closed, wallet in front pocket, but money split up between wallet, pocket, and sock anyway. Donít look like a tourist, he remindes himself.

Dill goes into a convenience store and grabs 3 Mt. Dews and a five Snickers. The place is packed with people buying supplies. Everybody is talking about the coming hurricane. With a small sigh, Dill looks to grab a can of soup, but there are none left, so he shrugs and grabs a two more Snickers and a couple of packs of gum. At the last moment he grabs a small box of trashbags. Dill waits in line irritated until he can finally pay.

Outside the store Dill looks up and down the street. I worked too hard convincing Mom and Dad to let me come by myself, I'm not letting a little rain stop me. Now I just have to find... something. Where the hell should I go though? He looks up and down the busy street, notices a nice red car and turns to walk in that direction.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-09, 12:13 AM
Jules Delacroix

Jules looked at the approaching man and tried not to seem agitated. He went on to help the elder man up to give him time to collect himself before answering.

"Ah, nothing. He just ran and tripped himself after I ran after him. I just wanted to ask him about what he told me earlier, but he seems scared about someone...or something...following him."

He paused.

He looked at the man with the groceries. It didn't look like this was what the old man was running from, but he couldn't be sure. He stood up and readied his guard, but not glaringly obvious.

"Were you following this gentleman earlier, sir?"

zagman505
2012-11-09, 12:32 AM
Jules Delacroix

Jules looked at the approaching man and tried not to seem agitated. He went on to help the elder man up to give him time to collect himself before answering.

"Ah, nothing. He just ran and tripped himself after I ran after him. I just wanted to ask him about what he told me earlier, but he seems scared about someone...or something...following him."

He paused.

He looked at the man with the groceries. It didn't look like this was what the old man was running from, but he couldn't be sure. He stood up and readied his guard, but not glaringly obvious.

"Were you following this gentleman earlier, sir?"

Xavier is a bit taken aback by the question.

"What? Uh... I mean, technically I followed you two here from 22nd St? I was on my way home from the supermarket and heard him yelling at you, and thought something might be wrong. Is everything alright?"

GuyFawkes
2012-11-09, 12:38 AM
Jules Delacroix

"Oh. Well, I don't know myself. This man seems to be talking about danger or something, but he was just addressing me earlier, like I'm the only one to get hurt. It confused me, that's why I followed him to ask what he meant."

zagman505
2012-11-09, 01:07 AM
Jules Delacroix

"Oh. Well, I don't know myself. This man seems to be talking about danger or something, but he was just addressing me earlier, like I'm the only one to get hurt. It confused me, that's why I followed him to ask what he meant."

Uh... well, ok. That's interesting." Sounds kind of like a scam or something... Or maybe the old man's just crazy. "Um, so do you need any help or anything? If not, well..." Xavier looks down at his groceries and shrugs.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-09, 01:20 AM
Jules Delacroix

I know that look. But, oh well, I can handle myself if it is so.

"Come, come!"

The man's voice cut in through their conversation and began racing again. Jules looked at the other man and shrugged.

"Well, I've nothing worthwhile to do," he said with a smile before racing after the elderly man.

He ran beside the man with ease, and, weary about going down to the waterways, decided to go in anyway. He looked at the suitcases quizzically, but not so much that he neglected the old man.

"Hey, hey, are you okay? What's going on, sir?"

zagman505
2012-11-09, 01:45 AM
Jules Delacroix

I know that look. But, oh well, I can handle myself if it is so.

"Come, come!"

The man's voice cut in through their conversation and began racing again. Jules looked at the other man and shrugged.

"Well, I've nothing worthwhile to do," he said with a smile before racing after the elderly man.

He ran beside the man with ease, and, weary about going down to the waterways, decided to go in anyway. He looked at the suitcases quizzically, but not so much that he neglected the old man.

"Hey, hey, are you okay? What's going on, sir?"

Xavier hesitates for a second as the old man starts running again. Well... I don't have anything better to do either. Adventure time it is. Making sure both men's backs are turned, he quickly dashes to a manhole cover and bends it open, stashing his groceries directly underneath. Bending the manhole cover back into place, Xavier sprints off after the other two men, catching up as they reach the waterway.

Panting slightly, Xavier turns to the old man and the suitcases."Can we be done with the running now? I know it's not really any of my business, but I'd like to know what's going on too, please."

drack
2012-11-09, 07:22 AM
Dragon:

A group of five youths bump into you as they emerge from an alley to the side. Somehow they seem... uneasy....

Crazy old man:

Turning his wide eye on the new arrival he asks somewhat breathlessly. "Are you with them?"

theterran
2012-11-09, 08:21 AM
Joshua Blake


And just when I thought I wouldn't get interrupted again...I should really know better by now... he thinks, looking up from his mocha, giving his customary smile and nod to the student in hopes that would satisfy the student to leave him be.

drack
2012-11-09, 08:27 AM
The student, sadly, is not contented with the simple nod, but instead informs you that they've been working on something, and would like for you to come take a look. Completely disregarding the potential that you could decline the student immediately begins dragging you off through the city.

theterran
2012-11-09, 08:55 AM
Joshua Blake

"Woah, hold your horses. Care to at least tell me what this is before you drag me off to see it?" says Joshua, somewhat perturbed at the disturbance of his morning routine.

drack
2012-11-09, 09:13 AM
"Oh, don't worry professor, you'll want to see this."

DaedalusK71
2012-11-09, 09:34 AM
[Ethan Kinsey]

Kinsey Engineering | 57 11th Ave



The man was old an confident, studying the sign on the door thoroughly. "I hear you can fix things" The man states before turning to meet your gaze. "What can you fix?"

Eyebrow arched, Ethan looked slightly confused. I think you have us mixed up with someone else. Kinsey Engineering is an engineering firm, not a fix-it shop. I believe you might be better served up on 25th street. There's a shop there that can help you. I don't mean to be rude but I have a lot of work to do in preparation of the storm. I'm sure you are aware we are under an evacuation order so perhaps you should be looking for a way off the island... Ethan turns to leave, anxious to save his shop.

drack
2012-11-09, 09:41 AM
"Hmm, as you were then" The man replies drawing two half spheres riddled with circuitry from his pocket. "You probably wouldn't be able to do anything about it anyway..."
With that the old man turns walking slowly away.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-09, 10:02 AM
Jules Delacroix

Jules looked at the other man with a judging look, then turned back to the old man.

"I don't think he means harm."

He drew his face closer to the old man's and spoke slowly.

"I've a lot of questions. To start off, who are these them that you've been mentioning since earlier? Why are we here? And what are those things doing here? Are they yours?" he pointed at the suitcases.

DaedalusK71
2012-11-09, 10:06 AM
[Ethan Kinsey]

Kinsey Engineering | 57 11th Ave

Ethan glanced at the devices curiously. Inhaling to say something, he stopped. No...There's too much to do. A moment later he smiled at the man and said I'm sure it is very interesting but unless it can lift heavy objects and prevent sea water from flooding my shop...I'll have to pass. Taking a step back toward the building he turns and says If you can't fond someone to look at that, swing back by after the storm. and heads back to the building.

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-09, 10:20 AM
Dragon:

A group of five youths bump into you as they emerge from an alley to the side. Somehow they seem... uneasy....



Dill waits for the group to pass. They are definitely worried about something, he thinks.

Well, I was looking for something... maybe this is it. Dill starts to follow them. As he walks he pulls a couple of miniatures out of his bag and puts them in his coat pockets where he can get to them easily.

Of course, they could just be worried about the storm. As quickly as the thought comes, Dill dissmisses it. No, there is something here... I'm going to figure out what it is.

Dill (semi-subtly) follows the group down the street.

theterran
2012-11-09, 10:56 AM
Joshua Blake

I'm sure I will... thinks Joshua sarcastically. Still, something in the student's enthusiasm has perked interest in him, though mostly he was still irritated by having his routine trampled on by a student whom he was having a hard time identifying...

"Very well.." he says sighing, "..lead on, but take it at a pace where I can at least finish my mocha before it gets cold...".....again... he adds in his thoughts...

DaedalusK71
2012-11-09, 02:00 PM
[Ethan Kinsey]

Kinsey Engineering | 57 11th Ave | 1335hrs


Ethan stepped inside and walked past the office furniture wrapped in plastic and bound in duct tape. That was about all the tome he was willing to waste on it. On the floor, the other two men were busy hoisting part of a large CNC machine up to the second level with a fork lift. Perhaps not the most ideal way, but in times like these...

Seeing they had it under control, Ethan pulled a hand cart to a lab station and began to disassemble several devices sitting on the bench. His head was throbbing again. He attributed it to stress but the headaches were getting more and more frequent. Shannon kept urging him to go to Dr. Morris but there just never seemed like the time. When this is all over he thought and finished loading the cart. Upstairs was a disaster; machinery sat stacked in the center of the room with giant sheets of plastic secured with sandbags. Tables with two years of hard labor invested in them sat to either side like so much junk in a box... and more plastic. Should've bought stock in 3M...

Two hours later, they broke for lunch and sat on a pallet enjoying the peanut butter and jam sandwiches his wife had made.

zagman505
2012-11-09, 02:05 PM
Crazy old man:

Turning his wide eye on the new arrival he asks somewhat breathlessly. "Are you with them?"

"Who is 'them'? I'm not 'with' anybody, I'm just here because..."

Xavier paused. Best not say that I'm only here because I'm bored and curious...

"I wanted to make sure nothing bad was going on..."

drack
2012-11-09, 02:52 PM
Lusk
The equipment is heavy, and the work tiring, but eventually you secure what must be secured, and move what can't.

Dragon overlord:
the scenery slowly changes until you find yourself in vacant narrow road, and the group ahead of you ducks into one of the buildings.

other: I'll get back to the rest later. :smalltongue:

DaedalusK71
2012-11-09, 03:37 PM
Ethan Kinsey

Kinsey Engineering | 57 11th St.


Ethan popped another pair of painkillers and washed it down with some bottled water. The work went faster than expected and all that was left was the waiting. "Hey man... You all right? You been hittin that bottle pretty hard today." Lester said from behind. Ethan turned. It's nothing. Just a head ache. Well that and a back ache from carrying you two all day. he laughed. Lester grinned. "Oh... It's like that is it? And here I thought we were carrying you. But I guess the boss is always right...even if he IS old..." he retorted.

Ethan smile and looked around. What could be done was done. Now to wait and see how bad this 'super' storm would be. He looked at Lester and nodded for the door. I think we've done about all we can here. Hopefully the storm won't be as bad as they say but if it is, and the pier doesn't get washed away... we should be ok. You and Greg take off and get to safety. I'll see you in a couple of days. Lester nodded "You're sure? I know you wanted to lift the jenny up there too. We can still make it happen." he said. Ethan shook his head. No, all the important stuff is secured, I have all our work backed up, and I have insurance for what ever is left. Go on. Get out of here.

Greg and Lester drove off, Lester waving out the window. Ethan lowered his hand and picked up the bag at his feet. After spending fifteen minutes waiting on a cab he decided to just walk home.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-09, 03:38 PM
James takes to walking the streets, looking for something interesting to get involved in.

drack
2012-11-09, 04:47 PM
Crazy old coot

Still anxious as if expecting it a trap the old man asks as if unsure of himself "The Green Soup Gang?" Seeing the looks of utter confusion and moderate annoyance on your faces he releases his held breath visibly. "They're a gang of... special people... like us. But... not like us." The man looks mildly confused. "Regardless they're a new gang with enough power to take out all the others building power. Word is they have something special planned, and I've seen more then my fair share of specials recruited..."

Terran:

The student stops before a large repair shop unlocking the door before standing back.

cgrela&lusk

Since you're all just wandering around you see a small group of teens being stalked by an older man.

zagman505
2012-11-09, 05:07 PM
Xavier Bonavich
In the waterway | Early afternoon


Crazy old coot

Still anxious as if expecting it a trap the old man asks as if unsure of himself "The Green Soup Gang?" Seeing the looks of utter confusion and moderate annoyance on your faces he releases his held breath visibly. "They're a gang of... special people... like us. But... not like us." The man looks mildly confused. "Regardless they're a new gang with enough power to take out all the others building power. Word is they have something special planned, and I've seen more then my fair share of specials recruited..."

"Special... people...?"

Xavier glances at his companion, checking his reaction. Could he mean... people with abilities like me? Do these guys have an ability too?

drack
2012-11-09, 05:10 PM
Yes, specials, people above and beyond the normal, all over the place, hidden in plain sight. At he speak he comes closer to you until you find yourself starring into a rather large and somewhat maddened looking eye. The Man's breath feels uncomfortably close and warm.

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-09, 05:36 PM
Lusk

Dragon overlord:
the scenery slowly changes until you find yourself in vacant narrow road, and the group ahead of you ducks into one of the buildings.



This is stupid, Dill thinks. Following people on a busy street is one thing, but following people on empty streets with nothing around is asking for trouble... even if it is just them noticing that you are following them and calling the police.

Dill shook his head and looked around for a logical place to go. Not too far away was a McDonalds with several people in it. The group had passed several McDonalds on their walk, so if they had noticed him following them, they wouldn't buy that he was just looking for a bite to eat. On the other hand, if they did come to him, he would be surrounded by people.

Dill ordered some cheap food and wished that he had ducked into a better restaurant. Keeping one eye on the building through the windows, Dill looked at a map on his phone and planned where he might go next.

DaedalusK71
2012-11-09, 09:16 PM
Ethan watched for a moment as the old man, clearly a vagrant, skittered from hiding spot to hiding spot (Not that anyone could miss him...) behind the gaggle of teenagers. Shaking his head reminded Ethan that his head still hurt. Maybe I'm just hungry he thought and looked hopefully for a place to sit down and rest. Unfortunately, the only thing he saw were the 'golden arches'. Resigning himself to his fate, Ethan walked inside to a surprisingly busy restaurant. Standing in line, Ethan muttered Don't these people have better things to do?
A woman standing next to him arched an eyebrow and he smile politely. So what does that make YOU bucko? he thought to himself.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-09, 09:23 PM
James

An old man following a group of teens wasn't that unusual. He might suspect them of having stolen something from his store, or maybe he just got a kick out of it. Still, it didn't look like anything else was going on, not unless James wanted to go back and tangle with a group that could throw of his telepathy like it was nothing. So, James follows the old man, trying to get a read on him.

drack
2012-11-09, 09:44 PM
As you follow and observe the old man you notice that the gait that had at first made you think him old, was instead him struggling under an unusually heavy backpack. The sort one took when camping, not the sort one commonly taken through the city... Reading the boy's thoughts you see him resigning himself to McDonalds.

theterran
2012-11-09, 11:20 PM
Joshua Blake

Joshua looks over the building, nodding his head slightly.
"Well, you wanted to show me something, lead the way." states Joshua, gesturing for the student to head on inside.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-09, 11:56 PM
Jules Delacroix

When the old man said the words special, Jules immediately knew.

So I was right. It's only logical after all. But to see it first hand...wait...

"Power, you say. You mean like super powers? Like those in comic books or in the movies? Hahaha! You've got to be joking, right?" he laughed, then turned serious again.

"You mean to say you have...that...power?" He paused.

"Can you show me?"

zagman505
2012-11-10, 12:33 AM
Xavier Bonavich

Showing obvious discomfort at the old man's very close proximity, Xavier backs away slowly.

"Is that what you meant by special? Superpowers? I... I'd like to see this too. This is all sounding a little too absurd. I mean, the 'green soup gang'? What kind of name is that?"

Xavier glances back at his chase companion, and thinks for a second. If this guy is 'special', how did the old man know? Does he know that I have an ability too?

"And if what you say is true, and this man is in danger because he's 'special'... How did you know he was 'special' in the first place?"

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-10, 01:10 AM
16 year old, Dill sits alone in a booth in McDonalds, in his gray baggy cargo pants and dark blue oversized hoodie hanging off his skinny frame. (The clothes aren't meant to be baggy or oversized.He is just undersized.) Hanging down, out the neck of the hoodie, are a set of dark blue earbuds. Next to him on the booth is a bulging, drab green, army style messanger bag, covered with tiny pouches and zippers

In front of him sits enough food for two or three people, but Dill is quickly putting it all away. As he sits he devides his attention between a building a bit down the street and his smart phone.

drack
2012-11-10, 06:20 AM
Dragon, lusk, & cgrela

Fine, changing from old to suspicious. after all that appearance totally fit the standard creepy stalker profile. >.>

Crazy old coot:

The old man looks moderately annoyed. "No, not super, special, extra-ordinary, something that sets them apart like us three. So what are your talents that set you apart? One of you seems to have a specialty at pulling off an old man's cloths from afar."

terran:

Begrudgingly the kid opens the door and walks down the hall turning right halfway down the hallway.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-10, 07:17 AM
Jules Delacroix

"But of course. Special. Right. How can you even say this things? So your special power is knowing other special people?" he said coolly, ignoring what the old man just said about his powers.

drack
2012-11-10, 07:21 AM
Yes, as yours is to strip old men. Turning to the other man he inquires "And what is yours? The ability to abandon perfectly good groceries?"

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-10, 07:48 AM
ďDillĒ Vandenberg, Random McDonalds

Dill looks up when he hears a new customer enter the restaurant. It wasnít was of the group that he had been following. This guy seemed to be some sort of retired army typeÖ or at least he was built that way. The guy stands in the line and mutters to himself.

Everybody needs their Mac break I guess. Dill thought. Iíve wasted half my day alreadyÖwhere the hell am I going to find somebody else with powers?

zagman505
2012-11-10, 11:24 AM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier bursts out laughing. "I don't think it takes any special ability to abandon groceries for a wild goose chase like this, only a potentially unhealthy amount of curiosity."

Is this old man just crazy after all? Then again... it did look like the old man was having trouble moving when I first saw him. Getting stripped from a distance, absurd as it sounds, could have done that. And he definitely didn't have a problem moving after I showed up...

Xavier grins at his companion. "And I'd feel sorry for anybody whose special ability is to strip old men, at whatever distance."

drack
2012-11-10, 11:30 AM
The old man nods encouragingly (still inches from Mr. Bonavich's face)

Eating cheap fries: just gonna leave you all there for a bit and see what happens without DM tampering :smallwink:

GuyFawkes
2012-11-10, 11:45 AM
Jules Delacroix

"Fine. If you're not telling me anything, then can I take a look at these? What are these? Can I open them?" he said as he moved closer to the two suitcases.

drack
2012-11-10, 11:55 AM
"My luggage." The old man casually replies without turning.

zagman505
2012-11-10, 12:02 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Giving up on backing away, Xavier does his best to ignore the old man's proximity to his face. "What kind of luggage is an old man like you lugging around? And why leave it here of all places?"

drack
2012-11-10, 12:09 PM
Returning to his luggage the old man breaks into another fit "Safe. Not safe. Nowhere safe. Here safe? No, but safer yes. Hide, must hide... We have to go." At this he picks up the two bags, clearly straining, and sets a slow pace further into the waterway.

zagman505
2012-11-10, 12:13 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"We have to go where??" Xavier calls after the old man, unsure of whether to follow.

drack
2012-11-10, 12:20 PM
"Away from them" the old man replies. Turning he adds "Say if I let you carry one of these are you going to leave it like your groceries?"

GuyFawkes
2012-11-10, 12:39 PM
Jules Delacroix

"Wait, wait, wait. What exactly is this plan that these Green Soup Gang have? And how come you are running away from them? Do you mean to say they've got someone like you who can find people with special powers?" he continued asking.

zagman505
2012-11-10, 12:42 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier laughs. Well, I've come this far already. As long as there's any shred of truth to what he's saying, it's worth following through on... He goes to help the old man with a suitcase. "Only if you run away like last time."

Lifting the suitcase, Xavier turns to the other man. "You coming, old man stripper?" :smalltongue:

drack
2012-11-10, 12:43 PM
Signing the man resigns himself. I'll tell you what. you boys carry my luggage, and I'll answer your questions while we walk.

Looking to the young man who was not in the habit of stripping old men the crazy coot admits that he's rather "conserve his energy for if anyone finds them" (ie he's old and pooped, and in a sewer where old poop doesn't always travel upstream)

GuyFawkes
2012-11-10, 01:01 PM
Jules Delacroix

Jules sighed in defeat.

"Fine," he said as he took one of the suitcases. It wasn't heavy, but not exactly light either. Shaking the case, he noticed the clanking sound.

"What's inside this? Guns?"

drack
2012-11-10, 01:03 PM
"Food, it may save your life. Is that the question you wanted answered?" The old man gives you a sly smile.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-10, 01:05 PM
Jules Delacroix

"Not really. Well, for starters, why are you running away? Do they have some means of finding you, like your powers?"

zagman505
2012-11-10, 01:07 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"And how does your so called power work anyway? You just flip a coin to determine whether somebody's special?"

drack
2012-11-10, 01:07 PM
"They could, though so far they're just combing the streets... Quite frankly I don't want to know f they have worse..."

GuyFawkes
2012-11-10, 01:13 PM
Jules Delacroix

"Why are they doing that anyway? What's this plan of theirs? Special people genocide?"

zagman505
2012-11-10, 01:15 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"Normal people genocide?"

drack
2012-11-10, 01:25 PM
OK, OK Lowering his voice so that it doesn't reverberate as much he begins. Recently a new gang has taken over Hells Kitchen up topside. Word is other gangs are crumpling before them. I don't know where the name came from, but people started calling them the green soup gang. Ever since I noticed that those with specialties were gravitating over that way and diminishing in number I've been on edge. I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to get caught up in some kind of crazy gang crap...

zagman505
2012-11-10, 01:28 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"So basically, stay away from Hell's Kitchen. Ok. Why did you single out old man stripper here to warn though? And you still haven't explained how your power supposedly works."

drack
2012-11-10, 01:37 PM
"Because he's special like you, and because he helped a friend's daughter master the piano. Can't let someone like that die..." he trails off vaguely before resuming. "My specialty is just knowing where you are. Where everyone special is... always..." The old man seems somewhat saddened by this thought.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-10, 01:46 PM
Jules Delacroix

"Master the piano you say? What's her name?"

drack
2012-11-10, 01:49 PM
Clera, a pretty young lass down in Pennsylvanian these days.

DaedalusK71
2012-11-10, 01:50 PM
Ethan sat there nursing his 'value meal'. It was another thirty or so minutes walk to his apartment and lugging the bag full of equipment wasn't going to be fun. With a sigh Ethan shouldered the weight and dumped his trash on the way out.

zagman505
2012-11-10, 01:53 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"Oh... I'm sorry. Who are you anyway, old man?"

drack
2012-11-10, 01:59 PM
Aldruk Brinchovie, a former cab driver. What about you two, what are your names and stories?

zagman505
2012-11-10, 02:00 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"My name's Xavier. I just graduated from college, going to find a job here eventually. Hopefully."

GuyFawkes
2012-11-10, 02:05 PM
Jules Delacroix

"Oh. Clera. So you know her. Yeah, one of my better students. Didn't have to do a lot really, she's got the potential, just brought it out of her," he replied, remembering the girl all too well. Well, he kinda did on almost anything.

Upon the other man's question, Jules nodded.

"Yeah, it would be good to have your name sir. Name's Jules, by the way. If you didn't know it yet."

I'm assuming he's talking truthfully here, since Jules has an eidetic memory, he'd know if the old coot's lying.

zagman505
2012-11-10, 02:12 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier smiles wryly. He's persistent. Looks like I'm not going to be able to dodge the question for much longer. No harm in trying though.

"Jules, huh. Guess I can't keep calling you old man stripper forever. :smalltongue: So, since I doubt your specialty is actually stripping old men from a distance, what is it really?"

GuyFawkes
2012-11-10, 02:28 PM
Jules Delacroix

"But alas, it is as you said. I have been blessed with the power to strip old men of their wardrobe with nothing but a glance," he said with a smile.

"And you, Mr. Xavier?" His smile widened.

zagman505
2012-11-10, 02:34 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Sneaky b******. Xavier smiles as well. "Well, then, I must confess. My specialty is in fact hiding things! I used it to hide my groceries earlier before commencing the chase. Let me demonstrate by hiding myself!"

Xavier covers his eyes with his free hand, and waits a second before peeking out between his fingers. "Is it working? I've never tried it on other specials before."

drack
2012-11-10, 02:39 PM
The old man gives Xavier a skeptical glance before inquiring to Julious "Does he seem... stable... enough to safely travel with...?"

GuyFawkes
2012-11-10, 02:43 PM
Jules Delacroix

"That's amazing!" he exclaimed.

"I'm stuck with my godawful trick and you get to have that? Very unfair how this comes about now, isn't it? Perhaps you could use that to hide Mr. Brinchovie here?" he smiled wryly.

Turning to the old man, he answered. "I guess. No harm with having another pair of hands to lift your luggage for you, yes? Oh, by the way. Where were you planning on going anyway, sir?"

zagman505
2012-11-10, 02:52 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier frowns at Aldruk. "Hey, now what do you mean by that?"

Turning back to Jules, he grins. "Now, I'm curious. How did you discover your ability to strip old men? I discovered mine when I was little, I hid my favorite stuffed animal and forgot where. It was hidden so well that not even my mother could find it. After that we were both unsure that Mr. Cuddles ever actually existed."

GuyFawkes
2012-11-10, 03:10 PM
Jules Delacroix

"Me? I just kinda knew," he replied with a shrug.

"How about using it on Mr. Brinchovie here? Your powers, I mean. He could certainly use a place to hide."

zagman505
2012-11-10, 03:19 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"That must have been interesting to grow up with, knowing at such a young age that you could disrobe any old man at a glance."

Xavier thinks for a second.

"I could probably hide him, but there are risks involved that probably shouldn't be taken by living beings. Some things end up staying hidden. Just look at what happened to Mr. Cuddles. It'd be much simpler for him to just stay at your place or something."

GuyFawkes
2012-11-10, 03:28 PM
Jules Delacroix

Jules nodded. "Such fickle power."

"Hmm. So, any idea where you're going, old man? I told you there's a hurricane coming right? You can't possibly stay down here. It's gonna get flooded even up on the streets."

drack
2012-11-10, 03:28 PM
OOC
lolz
IC:
"Can you two be quiet for a moment and let me hear?" The sounds of running water dominate the air "They've found us..." Breaking into the same laboring half run the old man begins running through the water system.

zagman505
2012-11-10, 03:32 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier casts a worried glance at Jules before running after Aldruk. "They? Do you mean the Green Soup Gang? How did they find us down here?"

Space Lawyer
2012-11-10, 03:33 PM
James

James abandons following the group, and instead turns into a nearby McDonalds. He wasn't hungry, but anywhere that served food for a dollar was always an interesting place to find unique sorts of people. On the way in, he runs right into a young man carrying a large backpack. He begins to fall, but on instinct he rights himself with telekinesis. He quickly looks around, hoping that nobody saw a man who was falling suddenly reverse course. Sorry about that.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-10, 03:41 PM
Jules Delacroix

The young man looked back and tried to detect ant movement with his own normal senses, then turned around and sprinted after the two.

"They must have detected us when you showed us your power back there" he shot a glance at Xavier, then looked ahead and grinned. He couldn't help himself with the timing.

"Where are they coming from? And how many are there?"

drack
2012-11-10, 03:44 PM
Craze old coot:

"Likely a telepath. I've always hated brain scans... Um... looks like three..." As he says this he darts towards a wooden ladder leaning against the wall leading to a hole in the same wall. When he reaches the top he reaches own to help the two of you climb up and to help the bags up.

DaedalusK71
2012-11-10, 03:51 PM
Ehtan Kinsey

12th St McDonalds

Sorry about that.

Ethan blinked at the man for a moment, not certain what he had just seen. The stranger slipped back as though he were about to fall and just... stopped. It happened so quickly, he was certain is was a trick of the light or fatigue. Uh... No problem. he said and held the door. Prepare yourself... it's a mad house in there.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-10, 03:57 PM
James

Huh, a mad house? Doesn't really sound like the kind of place I want to be . I've already eaten this month, I'm not that curious. He looks at the man's backpack. Heh,where are you off to? With a pack like that in the city, I'd expect you were the same as me, a nomad.

zagman505
2012-11-10, 03:59 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"Where are we going now? If they've got a telepath following us, is there even any point to running?"

GuyFawkes
2012-11-10, 04:03 PM
Jules Delacroix

Running along the sewers, Jules was still stuck in between believing the whole thing and wishing it were all true. Indeed the man had found out that he had something special, but that could have been coincidence. But then this other guy came along and the old man said he had some special powers as well, and it looked like he was hiding something.

Perhaps it could all be true. Perhaps not. But he found himself running from some danger he wasn't even sure was real.

Handing the suitcase to Aldruk, he hoisted himself up through the manhole in one go. Sweat had begun to trickle down his temples, but his breath was still even.

"What do we do? How do you escape a telepath?"

drack
2012-11-10, 04:04 PM
Crazy old coot

"Perhaps, but in my book knowing where we are and being captured are two different things... All we need is a sea of people..."

GuyFawkes
2012-11-10, 04:09 PM
Jules Delacroix

"A sea of people, huh. No problem. This is New York. Let's hurry," he said as he grabbed one of the suitcases again and started to move.

He looked around to get his bearings.

zagman505
2012-11-10, 04:14 PM
Xavier Bonavich

What have I gotten myself into? The first people I find with abilities like myself, and suddenly I'm hiding from a gang or something. I just hope that if things go bad, Jules' ability isn't actually to strip old men. Though, maybe it would be a good distraction. Xavier climbs into the hole in the wall behind Jules.

"What if we don't have a sea of people to hide in? It's going to get awfully quiet around here when the hurricane hits."

drack
2012-11-10, 04:30 PM
As you climb through the wall, you find yourselves in a decommissioned section of the subway. Lying on the tracks is an old handcar with several more bags on it. Then there are a few ways, but for now a sea of people is the easiest. Too many thoughts in close proximity. ow we're going to go to a friend of mine, he lives in an apartment 76 on a hundred and twenty second street. Apartment number 34A, if we knock seven times with a changing tempo he should help us out.

zagman505
2012-11-10, 04:37 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier frowns. 122nd St is a pretty long way from home... But I don't want to just leave them now, especially not if there actually is any possibility of danger...

"Where are we now? If we're closer to 22nd St, maybe we could go hide out at my place instead?"

drack
2012-11-10, 04:39 PM
"Not entirely sure." The old man replies. "I can, after all, only be expected to recall so many emergency escape routs..."

zagman505
2012-11-10, 04:56 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Great, so we have to go all the way there?

Xavier pauses for a second. "How do we know that the telepath is even a member of the Green Soup Gang anyway? Or, for that matter, how do we know that none of us are actually already members?"

drack
2012-11-10, 05:04 PM
"No idea" the old man replies as he loads the luggage onto the hand cart. But if it helps suspect you are one.

DaedalusK71
2012-11-10, 05:35 PM
Ethan Kinsey


James

Huh, a mad house? Doesn't really sound like the kind of place I want to be . I've already eaten this month, I'm not that curious. He looks at the man's backpack. Heh,where are you off to? With a pack like that in the city, I'd expect you were the same as me, a nomad.

Ethan smiles. Hardly. I'm headed home to my apartment. This... he shoulders the bag again. Is just stuff from work I don't want to risk in the storm. he pauses a moment before speaking again. Nomad huh? You got a port for the coming storm?

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-10, 06:00 PM
ďDillĒ Vandenberg, Random McDonalds

Holy ****! Did I just see that? Dill stared across the McDonalds at the two men next to the door. That one guy stopped himself from falling. Seriously stopped himself and reversed it. McDonalds apparently was the place to go.

Dill grabbed his bag, and abandoning his tray on the table, ran toward the two at the doorway.

Breaking into the conversation he says excitedly, You didnít fall down.

zagman505
2012-11-10, 06:06 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"... No, it doesn't help. But I suppose you'd be even crazier if you trusted me just for carrying a suitcase for you."

Xavier falls silent, thinking about what Aldruk said. Suddenly, an idea strikes him.

"Actually, wait. Maybe we shouldn't be running away from the telepath after all. If the telepath is already one of the Green Soup Gang, then wouldn't it be better to know who it is, what they look like? You know, 'know thy enemy' and all. And if the telepath isn't already a part of the Green Soup Gang, then we should try to get to them before the gang does. Warn them about the danger, try to make sure that they don't join the gang too. Otherwise, they probably *will* be recruited by the gang, and become a danger to us in the future. And if we could get them on our side, then that would really help with avoiding the gang in the future."

Xavier looks expectantly at Jules and Aldruk, waiting for them to acknowledge that this was a good idea.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-10, 06:07 PM
James


Nomad huh? You got a port for the coming storm?

James scratches his head."Nope, can't say that I do. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I've sat out in the jungles of the Phillipines during typhoons, so overall this is a better situation.



Breaking into the conversation he says excitedly, You didnít fall down.

James looks at the excited young man. No, I didn't. Good balance. He flashes a winning smile.

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-10, 06:15 PM
Dill Vandenberg, Random McDonalds

No, Dill shakes his head impaitently. I know that kind of denial too well.

You should have fallen down.

Dill suddenly realizes that he could be outting a guy with powers to a normal person.

This is not how I imagined meeting people with powers.

drack
2012-11-10, 06:41 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"... No, it doesn't help. But I suppose you'd be even crazier if you trusted me just for carrying a suitcase for you."

Xavier falls silent, thinking about what Aldruk said. Suddenly, an idea strikes him.

"Actually, wait. Maybe we shouldn't be running away from the telepath after all. If the telepath is already one of the Green Soup Gang, then wouldn't it be better to know who it is, what they look like? You know, 'know thy enemy' and all. And if the telepath isn't already a part of the Green Soup Gang, then we should try to get to them before the gang does. Warn them about the danger, try to make sure that they don't join the gang too. Otherwise, they probably *will* be recruited by the gang, and become a danger to us in the future. And if we could get them on our side, then that would really help with avoiding the gang in the future."

Xavier looks expectantly at Jules and Aldruk, waiting for them to acknowledge that this was a good idea.

Perhaps, but telepath was a guess simply because they're not uncommon, and it only takes mild strength to track us down and figure we're special from the subject of our thought and how isolated we are. chances are they wouldn't be coming themselves...

Space Lawyer
2012-11-10, 06:53 PM
James

James continues with his smile, but in the blink of an eye he is searching through the young man's mind, trying to see what he saw. James also sees something rather curious - images of the boy bringing objects to life, sealing himself inside a suit of armor and forcing it to move. He sends a thought to the boy (not a nudge, but broadcasting)You're like me.

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-10, 07:48 PM
James

James continues with his smile, but in the blink of an eye he is searching through the young man's mind, trying to see what he saw. James also sees something rather curious - images of the boy bringing objects to life, sealing himself inside a suit of armor and forcing it to move. He sends a thought to the boy (not a nudge, but broadcasting)You're like me.

Whoa. Yes, Well no. But yeah.. Dill is confussed. Of all the images he had of meeting someone with powers, someone talking in his head in a McDonalds wasn't amoung the top 3000.

Um, can I talk to you about that?

He eyes the older man who had been talking to himself before in line.

Is he like us too?

DaedalusK71
2012-11-10, 08:44 PM
Ethan Kinsey





Whoa. Yes, Well no. But yeah. Dill is confussed. Of all the images he had of meeting someone with powers, someone talking in his head in a McDonalds wasn't amoung the top 3000.

Um, can I talk to you about that?

He eyes the older man who had been talking to himself before in line.

Is he like us too?

Ethan watched the strange interaction between the two men. Well, one was clearly an adult, the other looked maybe fifteen. He had been about to offer one of them a place to stay but thought better of it. OK then... he says with arched eyebrows. You fellas stay safe... and quickly separates himself from the pair and begins walking down the street. Holy crap what were you thinking!? Ethan rubbed his temple as it throbbed. You are in New York city... home of the crazies? Keep your head down and keep walking.

zagman505
2012-11-10, 09:02 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Thoroughly dejected by Aldruk's rebuttal of his plan, Xavier falls silent and simply follows the old man.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-11, 01:02 AM
Jules Delacroix

He looked at the subway and exhaled deeply.

"We should have exited somewhere with more people," he mumbled.

With Xavier's suggestion, he nodded. "You have a point. But now is not the time."

Turning to the old man, he added. "Are they still following us?"

drack
2012-11-11, 07:39 AM
lusk: still gonna see what they do first... :smalltongue:

Crazy Old Coot

The old man points at the hole in the wall as two men and one woman pass through. One man who looks like he could work as a bouncer is wearing a hoodie and over-sized headphones is flying, depositing the two. One, a girl in goth-punk attire, and the other a thin man in a crisp suit and tie bearing a suitcase, completely untouched by the grime of the water system.

The old man mounts the hand cart as they land, hesitating as he considers starting the cart on his own. "Come on!"

Space Lawyer
2012-11-11, 08:02 AM
James

You fellas stay safe then.

As the older man departs, James takes a peek at his mind as well. <I'm not sure, Dill. He's smart, extraordinarily so, and something feels different about his mind. I'm James Leaden, by the way. Something weird is happening in this city. I'm going to follow that man. His name is Ethan, if you're curious.>. James walks out the door, and begins following Ethan. The man already had a good head start though, and it wouldn't do for him to start hearing voices suddenly with no discernible source.

Speech conventions
<thought>=sent thoughts (telepathy)
<thought>=sent thoughts (nudge)

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-11, 08:50 AM
Dill Vandenburg, Outside of a Random McDonalds.

Now that Dill has found two people with powers, he isn't letting them get get away.

I'm with you, let's go. he says quietly.

Dill follows James (following Ethan)

Do you just want to go up and talk to him? he asks quietly.

drack
2012-11-11, 08:55 AM
As you leave McDonnalds a few people are watching you, somewhat weirded out by you only speaking half the conversation while hovering around the door... :smallwink:

GuyFawkes
2012-11-11, 09:59 AM
Jules Delacroix

When old man pointing at the direction where they came from, he immediately turned and saw the man floating up the hole. Whatever reservations he had about the whole situation had now been erased completely. Right then and there, he knew what he had to do.

He looked at the three, looked at them for a second, turned, threw the suitcase in the cart, grabbed Xavier and hopped on.

"Let's go!"

drack
2012-11-11, 10:08 AM
As the cart begins to roll away the thin man in the suit walks over to the reacks, and as easily as he might pull lint from his suit he pulls a segment of rail loose. The cart continues to roll for a few minuted before, with a heavy jolt half the cart jumps down tossing half the bags. The next instant there is another jolt where the wheel hits the next segment of track, still in place, nearly tossing the lot of you from the cart. Irritably the thin man suggests "Why don't we come quietly this time?"

GuyFawkes
2012-11-11, 12:20 PM
Jules Delacroix

Jules immediately held on to whatever he could to stop himself from flying off the cart. Pulling Xavier close, he whispered.

"My powers really aren't suited for fights. Whatever you have up your sleeves, better do it now. I will try to distract them. Look for an opening, as will I."

Turning to their pursuers, he spoke.

"Come with you? Why should we do that? I don't believe we have even met before."

drack
2012-11-11, 12:52 PM
Straightening his tie the man counters "From what I've heard you've never met them before, and they seem far less sane to me... Take a moment and think. Running around in the sewers with a crazed old man when a hurricane is bound to hit soon? What are you thinking?"

zagman505
2012-11-11, 01:17 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier glances around him frantically, looking for something that might be used as a distraction. This is bad. There's no way Aldruk can fight, and Jules says that his ability isn't suited for it. Which means it'd be me against all three of them... And I don't know exactly what they can do. Trying to buy some time, he speaks up.

"Yeah? Well, we didn't have to run through the sewers until you guys showed up. What do you want with us anyway?"

drack
2012-11-11, 01:32 PM
The man looks somewhat irritates as he replies evenly "I wasn't the one who came up with the idea of running into the ewers. I got the call that you three were running around down here."

zagman505
2012-11-11, 01:43 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"Well, if it weren't for you, I don't think the old man here would have come up with the idea of running into the sewers either! Uh... I hope?" Xavier glances at Aldruk, wondering where the old man normally lived. "And you still haven't answered the question. What do you want with us?"

GuyFawkes
2012-11-11, 02:22 PM
Jules Delacroix

Regardless of their situation, Jules had to stifle a laugh with Xavier's uncertainty. Nevertheless, he couldn't quite dismiss the gravity of things. For one, he knew that other buff guy could fly. Two, this seemingly ordinary man could rip off things without effort. And probably the most alarming was the third one, the girl, who hasn't shown her ability yet. And not knowing is the worst enemy for Jules.

While Xavier talked, his eyes darted around to look for whatever was inside the cart or in the immediate vicinity. Anything he could use at all.

drack
2012-11-11, 02:24 PM
"Newman would like to see the lot of you n his office if you'd be so kind. He had a business proposition for you."

Edit: within the cart are four of the seven bags, and yourselves. there are small chunks of concrete that came from the walls and ceiling, rotten and split boards on the track, and the occasional rusty six inch heavy duty railway nail lying about on the tracks.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-11, 02:33 PM
Jules Delacroix

Ah, a name. Newman. Must be an alias.

"And what if we refuse?" he said as he slowly stepped off from the cart, deliberately placing himself near some of the nails.

zagman505
2012-11-11, 02:39 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"You wouldn't happen to have some weapons or anything stashed in one of these suitcases, would you?" Xavier whispers to Aldruk.

Xavier also steps off the cart, but away from the man in the suit, keeping the cart in between them. He addresses suit man, "What kind of business proposition?"

drack
2012-11-11, 02:52 PM
"Well Mr. Newma- suddenly the girl interrupts. A cute girl perhaps has she less piercings, and were she to trade in all those foolish spiked accessories for a nice rosy dress, and perhaps easing up on the mascara... "What, the-hell." Lazily her head moves from hanging like a dead dolls to view you under her hairline though half slit eyes. " Does it-really take this-long to convince some sewer-garbage hobos to come for-a-meet?" With that she walks past the thin man, hundreds of thin chains clinking with every step as her head bobs as if half attached. "Lets try this. God-forsaken hobos get up, we're-going." Her voice continues to drip with unrestrained annoyance and sarcasm.

zagman505
2012-11-11, 03:04 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier is stunned by the girl's interruption. What is this girl? Could she be the one actually in charge of this group? Dammit, it sounded like suit man was just about to tell us some good info too.

After a second, he manages to fully process what she's said. "Hey! I'm not a god forsaken sewer garbage hobo!" He cries out indignantly

drack
2012-11-11, 03:09 PM
"Ah, so you're just a turd to wash in with this other garbage" The girl replies sarcastically with a glance that tell you you're hardly even worth that to her. "You coming poop-man, or is Rumpelstiltskin gonna need to drag you by the ass that crapped you."

GuyFawkes
2012-11-11, 03:15 PM
Jules Delacroix

Damn. And he was just about to say something. But then...

"Oi, oi. Calm down, bud. It doesn't look too good to get agitated with a little girl," he addressed Xavier.

He then looked at the girl.

"Now, little girl. Let the grown ups talk, okay?" Shifting his attention now to the man in the suit, "...so, you were saying, mister?"

zagman505
2012-11-11, 03:19 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier opens his mouth to protest again, but realizes that Jules is right. And it probably wouldn't have helped anyway. I'm not sure that ignoring her is the best course of action, but suit guy seems a lot more cooperative. And is a lot nicer too. What a b****.

Turning back to the girl, he asks, "Which one is Rumpelstiltskin?"

drack
2012-11-11, 03:23 PM
Closing the gap to five feet to the end of the cart she continues to approach, ignoring the second question. "Really old man, you're gonna try using the dysfunctionality of your body in order to help yourself feel dignified? Do you have that many issues that you need false justifications and false meanings to keep you going in this broken world? What a sad sight indeed when the symbol of authority is so degenerated seeking ego boosts at every turn."

zagman505
2012-11-11, 03:41 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"Uh... what?" Xavier looks at her nervously. She's getting a little too close for comfort...

GuyFawkes
2012-11-11, 03:47 PM
Jules Delacroix

As the girl babbled on and closed in, Jules continued to look at the man with the suit. While doing so, he positioned his foot behind one of the nails and slowly worked it so that it now lied on top of his shoe. Still ignoring the girl, he spoke.

"You're either going to tell us what this Newman needs us for right now or we leave. Simple as that. Your call, tough guy," he said with a smile.

drack
2012-11-11, 04:00 PM
Raising shrugging helplessly the thin man drops the rail, shaking his head in the universal sign all adults know as "It's not worth resisting the kid, he/she'll get what they want in the end anyways."

Meanwhile two highly stylized knives clearly not designed with function in mind slip from the girl's sleeves, and into her hands. "Save us the trouble of your pitiful act and come quietly."

(you successfully balance a nail... half on your shoe :smalltongue:)

zagman505
2012-11-11, 04:21 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"Miss, whatever it is you're about to do, I don't think it's a good idea." Xavier shifts into a defensive position.

drack
2012-11-11, 04:25 PM
"Nor does that 'resisting' thing you seem to be doing sound smart." She replies evenly.

zagman505
2012-11-11, 04:30 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"Well, maybe we wouldn't be resisting if you would just be more clear on what the h*** you guys want with us."

drack
2012-11-11, 04:36 PM
The thin man interjects "If you would be so kind as to accompany us...?"

zagman505
2012-11-11, 04:39 PM
Xavier Bonavich

This situation is not looking good. Xavier turns to the man in the suit. "Tell us exactly what this business proposition is, and we'll see."

drack
2012-11-11, 04:42 PM
"I believe Mr. Newman would like to tell you that himself..."

zagman505
2012-11-11, 04:59 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"So have him come here and tell us. Or call him up on your cell phone or something. Jesus. Is your recruiting usually this hostile?" Xavier gestures at goth girl.

theterran
2012-11-11, 09:16 PM
Joshua Blake

Joshua follows the student.

"So explain to me what this thing you are so excited about actually does?" Joshua enquires while they walk down the hall.

drack
2012-11-11, 09:44 PM
Blake

Within the room you see a large collage of NYC trash replicating people walking down the streets of the city. While he looks to have real talent as an artist, you're beginning to wonder why why brought you here...

the coot's cahoots:

"I'm afraid we've been instructed to blindfold you first" The big man replies in a deep manly voice, drawing three sacks from his coat pocket.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-11, 10:22 PM
James

I think I've got a fairly good idea of where this guy lives. Its harder with people that smart; they're always thinking, and their minds are just so full.We've got a few options: we can follow Ethan, and hope he doesn't freak out, or we can go get my stuff from the train station, and then show up on his doorstep, and hope he doesn't freak out. He starts walking again. <We can't really talk about our powers out loud. Don't speak, just think; I'll hear it. I'm going to follow social conventions, and allow you to actually finish a thought before responding. I've found it tends to unnerve people when I behave otherwise. Have you noticed anything weird happening in the city recently? I ran into some people with powers earlier in Central Park. They were rather agitated.>

zagman505
2012-11-11, 10:49 PM
Xavier Bonavich

These are not people that I want to be blindfolded around.

Xavier looks nervously at Jules, hoping that maybe he had an idea up his sleeve. "Why do we need to be blindfolded? Just call up this Newman guy and we'll talk right here."

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-11, 10:58 PM
Dill, on Da mean streets of New York (tm)

Dill starts walking with James following Ethan.

Um...You are the first other person with powers that I have ever met. I... I actually thought that you would be able to tell me more about what's going on.

Oh, I saw these people. (an image of the group of teenagers he was following before flashes through his mind) I don't know if they are important or not. They went into that (he points) building.

I gotta say that I don't think that either following him or showing up on his door is a good idea. If he sees us following he might freak out. If we show up on his door, he might freak out. Adults tend to freak out a lot. Let's just go talk to him.

Talk to him with our mouths. This is kinda freaking me out.

theterran
2012-11-11, 11:32 PM
Joshua Blake

"That's....nice..." Joshua looks at it, somewhat confused. "It appears that you have some talent as an artist, at least to my untrained eye." Joshua checks his watch.

"Oh, I really need to be getting back to campus, I have a class starting in fifteen minutes."

GuyFawkes
2012-11-12, 02:20 AM
Jules Delacroix

Jules looked at the two weapons the girl produced, then at the big man as he took the sacks from his pocket.

Perfect.

He let out a big sigh and held his arms up in surrender.

"It's fine," he looked at Xavier. "Let's give up for now. I don't want anyone get hurt. You can blindfold us now."

As soon as the big man closed within reach, Jules made his move. He started with the thin man, stopping his clothes' time, then moved to the goth chick's clothes and daggers, then finally the big man's, stopping him in his tracks.

"Now!"

Before he even finished stopping the big man's clothing's time, he began his motion, and by the time the latter stopped in his tracks, Jules had his both hands on the man's hand and wrist, twisting it in a supinating wristlock and taking the sacks as the big man's grip eased up.

Without stopping he pivoted on his right foot and circled around the big guy, opening one sack and putting it over the goth chick's head and stopping its time as well.

drack
2012-11-12, 07:51 AM
As you begin to freeze the girl's cloths, she vanishes, and the thin knives stab into your lower back as she brings her forehead down into the back of your skull.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-12, 08:09 AM
Dill, on Da mean streets of New York (tm)

Dill starts walking with James following Ethan.

Um...You are the first other person with powers that I have ever met. I... I actually thought that you would be able to tell me more about what's going on.

Oh, I saw these people. (an image of the group of teenagers he was following before flashes through his mind) I don't know if they are important or not. They went into that (he points) building.

I gotta say that I don't think that either following him or showing up on his door is a good idea. If he sees us following he might freak out. If we show up on his door, he might freak out. Adults tend to freak out a lot. Let's just go talk to him.

Talk to him with our mouths. This is kinda freaking me out.

"Fine, we'll flap our food holes at each other to produce sound. Anyway, I've met a few other people with powers. The ones that could tell us whats going on in detail though, I really don't want to talk to. They're hard to get in touch with, and a few of them are orders of magnitude more powerful than you or I. There is this one telepath out in Kyrgyzstan that could hack in to every mind in this city, tell us what everyone is thinking and how they're related, and sew everything up in about 30 seconds. Problem is, having her in your head is likely to kill you, she's just so obscenely powerful. Anyways, I'd like to grab Ethan first before going after this suspicious group. Any ideas on how to not freak him out?

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-12, 09:29 AM
Dill




"Fine, we'll flap our food holes at each other to produce sound. Anyway, I've met a few other people with powers. The ones that could tell us whats going on in detail though, I really don't want to talk to. They're hard to get in touch with, and a few of them are orders of magnitude more powerful than you or I. There is this one telepath out in Kyrgyzstan that could hack in to every mind in this city, tell us what everyone is thinking and how they're related, and sew everything up in about 30 seconds. Problem is, having her in your head is likely to kill you, she's just so obscenely powerful. Anyways, I'd like to grab Ethan first before going after this suspicious group. Any ideas on how to not freak him out?


Um, sure. Not freaking people out is my specialty.

Dill breaks into a slightly awkward jog, but, with his long legs, it quickly eats up the distance between them and Ethan.

As he catches up, he calls out in a fairly loud voice. Hey. Hey mister. Can I talk to you for a second?

Looking back he smiles at James. Easy peasy. He thinks.

DaedalusK71
2012-11-12, 09:48 AM
Ethan Kinsey



Dill




Um, sure. Not freaking people out is my specialty.

Dill breaks into a slightly awkward jog, but, with his long legs, it quickly eats up the distance between them and Ethan.

As he catches up, he calls out in a fairly loud voice. Hey. Hey mister. Can I talk to you for a second?

Looking back he smiles at James. Easy peasy. He thinks.



Ethan hears the voice an for a moment, ignores it. Not talking to me... He's not talking to me... But when the young man sidles up next to him Ethan sighs in defeat. Whatever you're selling... I'm not interested. Here's seven dollars, it's all the cash I have so if your a pick pocket, your work is done. There's a homeless shelter that has a soup kitchen up on 33rd street. Ethan rubs his neck. Wow... I really do sound like a tool. Shannon would have my hoop in a sling about now. he thought. Ethan looks at the you man for a moment before saying What's your name son?

drack
2012-11-12, 09:58 AM
Terran:

The door across the hall opens and a man walks in, having not heard your last comment. "Hello professor Blake, I've heard all about you. Clera, why don't you go tidy up your room a bit while II speak with the nice man." At this the youngin obediently walks up the stairs.

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-12, 10:05 AM
Ethan KinseyEthan hears the voice an for a moment, ignores it. Not talking to me... He's not talking to me... But when the young man sidles up next to him Ethan sighs in defeat. Whatever you're selling... I'm not interested. Here's seven dollars, it's all the cash I have so if your a pick pocket, your work is done. There's a homeless shelter that has a soup kitchen up on 33rd street. Ethan rubs his neck. Wow... I really do sound like a tool. Shannon would have my hoop in a sling about now. he thought. Ethan looks at the you man for a moment before saying What's your name son?

Wow, seven whole dollars? And its American too, not like those crappy Euros the last guy gave me. Dill goes for his most winning ironic smile.

No seriously, Iím not trying to sell you anything. Or steal anything. He quickly adds. Well my friend and I want a minute of your time. Dill holds up his hand like he is on an infomercial. Which Iím sure has value to you too.

How about this? If we can have 15 minutes of your time, Iíll buy you a coffee and you can keep your seven dollars. You pick the cafť, as long as itís near here. After that Iíll wander off to either the homeless shelter or my car to drive home in. Personally I think my mother would really prefer the second one.


He smiles again, and hold out his hand. My name is Dill, by the way.

DaedalusK71
2012-11-12, 11:03 AM
Ethan Kinsey

I am sooo going to regret this...

Ethan looks around suspiciously as though at any moment a group of college film makers would pop out of the bushes or mail box. Stuffing the cash back in his pocket, Ethan nods to a yogurt shop.You have 5 minutes starting now...

Space Lawyer
2012-11-12, 11:16 AM
James

James comes up to Dill and Ethan. He has his winning smile back on, and is radiating self-confidence and honesty. <You want to trust us. We aren't crazy. We're respectable, normal people.> He holds his hand out to Ethan "I'm James. Whew, I can't just can't keep up with you, Dill."

theterran
2012-11-12, 11:59 AM
Joshua Blake

Joshua frowns. "So this was all a rouse?" he says looking at Clara. "You lied to me? Joshua's frown deepens. "I don't like lairs." he says matter-of-factly.

Joshua turns on the man. "Can we reschedule? It appears I am now going to be late for my first class of the morning." he says glancing at his watch again. "And you needn't have gone through all this trouble, I have office hours you know..." says Joshua, the irritation clear in his voice.

drack
2012-11-12, 12:03 PM
The front door opens and several more men enter, all dressed rather casually. "I think now would be a fine time" The man replies jovially directing you towards the kitchen.

theterran
2012-11-12, 12:06 PM
Joshua Blake

Joshua sighs audibly. "Very well..." He heads toward the kitchen. "Remind me to fail that Clara girl..." he mumbles more to himself than anyone...

drack
2012-11-12, 12:09 PM
Inside is a small kitchen with a wooden table and three chairs. All in all seven men crowd in with you. After you get situated the first man asks you. "So, professor Blake, have you ever felt special, perhaps a bit better then everyone else?"

theterran
2012-11-12, 12:14 PM
Joshua Blake

"If this is going to be an inquisition, could a few of you wait outside for your turn, I'm a tad claustrophobic, and having eight people in this small kitchen isn't helping." he asks, in general.

DaedalusK71
2012-11-12, 01:55 PM
Ethan Kinsey


James

James comes up to Dill and Ethan. He has his winning smile back on, and is radiating self-confidence and honesty. <You want to trust us. We aren't crazy. We're respectable, normal people.> He holds his hand out to Ethan "I'm James. Whew, I can't just can't keep up with you, Dill."

Ethan shook his head at a touch of vertigo as James brushed his mind. <trust> ... <not crazies> ... <normal people> Wha...? No... <yes> ... <trust> Trust Ethan murmured.

Ethan sat down in at a table. OK, time is ticking...

drack
2012-11-12, 04:38 PM
Joshua Blake

"If this is going to be an inquisition, could a few of you wait outside for your turn, I'm a tad claustrophobic, and having eight people in this small kitchen isn't helping." he asks, in general.

"An inquisition? No, no, nothing of the sort." The man tries his best at a winning smile despite a few missing teeth. "No, the boss wants to see you, and we're just trying to give you a bit of preparation for it so that you aren't too shocked when it happens. So tell me professor, have you ever noticed yourself superior to the average human?."

zagman505
2012-11-12, 04:59 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Caught off guard by Jules' sudden shout and goth chick's even more sudden attack, Xavier hesitates a second. Well, here we go.

Xavier grabs a suitcase from the cart and hurls it at the big guy, lunging towards the goth chick in the same movement. She can teleport, but if I can just get within a foot... I'll have a chance. Maybe.

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-12, 05:01 PM
Ethan Kinsey



Ethan shook his head at a touch of vertigo as James brushed his mind. <trust> ... <not crazies> ... <normal people> Wha...? No... <yes> ... <trust> Trust Ethan murmured.

Ethan sat down in at a table. OK, time is ticking...

Dill comes up with three coffees. Ignoring Ethanís last line, he smiles. Five minutes buys you the cheapest drip coffee. Still, at prices here, that adds up to sixty bucks an hour. Maybe thatís normal for you, but I sure donít make that much.

Sliding into the booth he looks at James. See. Not creepy.

He then looks back at Ethan and smiles pleasantly, waiting for James to start.
(The briefest of scans will show Dill has no plans on what to do or say next.)

theterran
2012-11-12, 09:37 PM
Joshua Blake

Joshua shudders inwardly at the man's smile.

"I don't like tooting my own horn, but at times I do, actually. I mean I'm a tenured professor at NYU, and I'm only 32. I have an IQ of 151, and my research in applied particle physics is unsurpassed, so yes, I do feel superior to the average person, at least in these areas." says Joshua, looking a tad flustered and a little red in the face.

"But like I said, I don't like to toot my own horn."

GuyFawkes
2012-11-12, 11:49 PM
Jules Delacroix

****, teleport?

The blow to his head did damage, but not so that he was taken out of the fight. It was fortunate that his training focused on such blows to critical points that he could take this one.

In that instant, time seemed to slow down in his mind as he evaluated the battlefield. From the looks of it, the two are stuck as he liked it, so this could mean that they don't have other abilities as well. The goth chick, however, as was seen and felt by his lower back and the back of his head, could apparently displace herself. On the corner of his eye he could see Xavier lunging in on the girl.

As time seemed to go back to speed again, Jules used the falling momentum he received from the blow to fall forward, throw a back kick, then lunged into a forward roll.

drack
2012-11-13, 07:19 AM
Blake:
The man squints slightly before shaking his head and palming the table a he demands "Cutlery, cutlery!" One of the other men draws a fork from a drawer before the man replies "No, darn it, you know it only works with spoons, bring it here."

Thus equip with a small dinner spoon the man grips it in two hands and focuses really hard on it. After a minute you notice the spoon has begun to bend minute amounts. After a good seven minutes the man sets it down panting, the spoon nearly at a right angle.

After he regains his breath the man asks you in as cool a voice as he can manage. "So Mr. Blake, are you by chance a psychic?"


Bouncers, pencil pushers, and Goths, oh my:

Suddenly an invisible force seems to push her from mid-air backwards, knocking the old man down without notice before her momentum simply vanishes as she touches down watching the kick contact the diving man. Idly commenting she reminds you "You're outclassed and I was asked to take you alive. Are you shriveling meat heads one fighting each other, and ready to give in?"

theterran
2012-11-13, 08:00 AM
Joshua Blake

"Psychic?" Joshua asks, confused. "You mean like that Ms. Cleo lady that's on television? No my good man, I can assure you that my intelligence is not based on being able to read other people's minds, or palms, or tarot cards."

drack
2012-11-13, 08:31 AM
The man seems somewhat confused. You are professor Blake are you not?

GuyFawkes
2012-11-13, 10:07 AM
Jules Delacroix

Holding the back of his head, Jules cracked his neck. His ears were burning now that he didn't even feel the stabs on his back. Taking a nail from the floor as he got up, he dusted his sleeves.

"Sorry about that, mate. Go on, take the old man and run. I'll catch up."

He looked at the goth chick and focused. If the girl made a move towards the others, he'd catch her as soon as she stopped. Or if she attacked him, he'd counter at the slightest impact.

theterran
2012-11-13, 11:40 AM
Joshua Blake

"The last time I checked, though to my knowledge I've never been able to read minds, or speak with others through thoughts, or see the future, or anything of that sort. I'm afraid your information on me is grossly inaccurate." Joshua says, somewhat exasperated.

zagman505
2012-11-13, 01:42 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier winced in pain at the kick. "Don't worry about it, not your fault."

Looking at the other two men, Xavier is relieved to see that they're not moving. "I don't know what you did to them, but it doesn't seem to work on her. You need my help." Xavier drops his voice to a whisper. "If you can help me get close to her, I think I can take her out."

drack
2012-11-13, 01:49 PM
Terran

"So you can''t bend the cutlery?" the an asks rather somberly.

Goth:

The girl's dead eyes survey you without blinking.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-13, 01:59 PM
Jules Delacroix

"...Right. It's going to be hard, but I'll try. Stay behind me, back to back. I'll try to pin her down. If she attacks from my blind spot, she's all yours," he replied whispering, still keeping his eyes on the girl.

Without averting his eyes, he added loudly, "...Mr. Brinchovie, you can go on ahead."

Space Lawyer
2012-11-13, 02:22 PM
James
Hole-in-the-wall coffee shop


Dill comes up with three coffees. Ignoring Ethanís last line, he smiles. Five minutes buys you the cheapest drip coffee. Still, at prices here, that adds up to sixty bucks an hour. Maybe thatís normal for you, but I sure donít make that much.

Sliding into the booth he looks at James. See. Not creepy.

He then looks back at Ethan and smiles pleasantly, waiting for James to start.
(The briefest of scans will show Dill has no plans on what to do or say next.)


Mr. Kinsey, Dill and myself are...special. We can do things that other people can't, or are just beyond the capabilities of your average human. You're rather like us. I'm not aware of anything you can do that is spectacular, but you're smart, unusually so. I think you have potential. You see, among other things, I can 'feel' minds, and yours is something special. Now, I don't expect you to believe me, so I'll demonstrate.

<This is another ability of mine. Please, don't run away.>

zagman505
2012-11-13, 02:22 PM
Xavier Bonavich

I don't like turning my back on her, but that's the best plan we've got right now. And with her teleporting around, I doubt my back will be turned to her for long. Nodding at Jules, Xavier stand closer to him and turns around.

shoofle
2012-11-13, 03:04 PM
Charlotte Capuante
Greasy Stain coffee shop

Meanwhile, on the other side of the shop, an unassuming girl sips a latte while chatting with her friend about work, friends, politics, and the weather. A hideous blue and orange coat rests across the back of her chair.

DaedalusK71
2012-11-13, 03:23 PM
Ethan Kinsey

Coffee Shop


James

Mr. Kinsey, Dill and myself are...special. We can do things that other people can't, or are just beyond the capabilities of your average human. You're rather like us. I'm not aware of anything you can do that is spectacular, but you're smart, unusually so. I think you have potential. You see, among other things, I can 'feel' minds, and yours is something special. Now, I don't expect you to believe me, so I'll demonstrate.

<This is another ability of mine. Please, don't run away.>


Ethan sat quietly as James spoke.

Special...? Like ... Short bus? he thought with arched eyebrows.

Oh boy... too much TV has loosened their grip on reality... Ethan nodded sagely.

Um... Yeah... I'm nothing like the two of you... *Stern expression*
Now comes the flattery and the request for money...




<This is another ability of mine. Please, don't run away.>

Ethan quickly looked back, uncertain of what just happened and unable to comprehend it. What the hell was that? You're a ventriloquist... Seriously... I don't have time for this.

drack
2012-11-13, 05:47 PM
Goth:

The girl vanishes, and as she does the high pitched clink of chains heard as she moved before becomes gradually louder and deeper until it sounds as if the rattling chains fill the walls about you, a deep ominous noise.

Abandoning his bags the old man turns and flees down the tunnel.

Suddenly you hear another overlaying scraping sound as the thin man flicks his wrist tossing the steel beam at the two of you.

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-13, 06:20 PM
Ethan Kinsey

Coffee Shop



Ethan sat quietly as James spoke.

Special...? Like ... Short bus? he thought with arched eyebrows.

Oh boy... too much TV has loosened their grip on reality... Ethan nodded sagely.

Um... Yeah... I'm nothing like the two of you... *Stern expression*
Now comes the flattery and the request for money...




<This is another ability of mine. Please, don't run away.>

Ethan quickly looked back, uncertain of what just happened and unable to comprehend it. What the hell was that? You're a ventriloquist... Seriously... I don't have time for this.

Dill puts out his hand for Ethan to wait. With his other he pulls a pewter miniature of an elven swordsman from one of his pockets. He hands it to Ethan.

It's normal metal, right? After giving him a second to look at it. He takes it back an puts it on the table. He gives a quick glance around to make sure that no one is paying attention to our booth. Look, no hands.

The miniature flourishes the sword in a salute and bows, then straightens and freezes again.

We seriously, seriously don't need your money. Do you know how much I could make in the movie business?

DaedalusK71
2012-11-13, 07:12 PM
Ethan Kinsey

Coffee Shop

Ethan watches the little figure move on the table, head cocked and a look of concentrated interest on his face, all traces of suspicion gone.

Impressive... You an engineering student up at NYU? What did you use as an actuator for the arms? The miniaturization is quite amazing. I didn't even know NYU had the capabilities for this level of tech. Ethan pauses a moment and looks up at Dill. Have you put in for an internship anywhere? I own an engineering firm near hear and if this is the kind of work you are capable of, I'd be very interested in having you come work for me. Ethan picks up the figure and turns it over in his hand. Remakable...

Space Lawyer
2012-11-13, 07:49 PM
James
Greasy Stain coffee shop

The figurine rises out of Ethan's hand, and zips over to James.

<I know this is difficult for you, but I'm no ventriloquist, and this thing isn't some sort of brilliant miniaturized device. I'm speaking directly into your head.>

zagman505
2012-11-13, 08:57 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Oh f***. Xavier flinches slightly as he notices the rail flying towards him. I can't dodge this, Jules will get hit. Need to deflect it out of the way.

Reaching out with his hand, Xavier bends the front end of the rail to the right so the end could no longer directly hit him, and braces himself. The now slightly curved side of the rail makes contact with the side of his body and the rail's path deflects slightly. At the same time, Xavier puts all of his effort into bending the rail away from his body, somewhat lessening the impact of the rail on his body. The rail flies to the right and past him and Jules, bent into an arc. Xavier drops to one knee, drained by the effort and groaning in pain.

DaedalusK71
2012-11-13, 09:08 PM
<I know this is difficult for you, but I'm no ventriloquist, and this thing isn't some sort of brilliant miniaturized device. I'm speaking directly into your head.>


A second passes, Ethan sits in silence. Inside his mind, James can see his mind racing, formulating ideas and rejecting them faster than he can keep up with. For a moment, James is caught up in the torrent, like a sandstorm pelting his own mind, scouring away pieces. Faster and faster the thoughts come... then


$h!7

Leaping from his chair Ethan knocks the table into James, throwing the young man from his chair and threatening to do the same to Dill. For a moment Ethan struggles between instinct and reason, fight or flight. Stepping toward the door, bag in tow he shouts What the hell are you two?

Space Lawyer
2012-11-13, 09:12 PM
James
Grasy Stain coffee shop


<CALM YOURSELF.>
<SIT DOWN.>

shoofle
2012-11-13, 09:24 PM
Charlotte Capuante
Greasy Stain coffee shop
Charlotte's head, along with much of the coffee shop, crane and whip around to see the commotion. Her hand slides into her purse as she watches to see whether this is the "violent and scary" type of upset or more the "quietly escorted out by the manager" upset.

Her latte gently steams.

DaedalusK71
2012-11-13, 09:41 PM
Ethan Kinsey

Coffee House


<CALM YOURSELF.>
<SIT DOWN.>

James' nudge was met with a firm psychic shove. STAY OUT OF MY HEAD! he shouts

Ethan grabs his head groans. Shouldering the bag he presses out the door and stumbles down the street.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-14, 12:29 AM
Jules Delacroix

Jules only reacted to the crash when he couldn't follow where the girl went anymore. Without turning his back, he backed up and crouched beside Xavier.

"Thanks for that. Now look up, endure it. We can't let up for now, or we die."

As he spoke, he moved in and grab ahold of Xavier putting his shoulder underneath his chest, turned to the other end of the tunnel, stood up and began running. He was heavy, but he didn't rely on his own strength to run; everytime he pushed off the ground, he sped up his motion forward.

"I trust my back to you."

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-14, 03:28 AM
Dill glares at James. Right. You forgot to flap the food hole, didn't you? You knew he was going to freak out, right? Old people always freak out. How can you be so smart and so dumb at the same time?

Dill stands up and runs out the door, hard on the heels of Ethan. Hey man, wait up. Ethan! Ethan, wait up! I'm sorry if James did something creepy. He doesn't know any better. He has high intelligence but a low wisdom score. Plus he already knows where you live... Dill's words crawled to a stop as he heard what he said.

Uhh. You know that's not supossed to be as... threat-y as it sounded. All I mean is... Dill hesitated. We are here. In public. Isn't it less creepy for us to talk here than if we showed up at you home. Dill stopped. That sounded kinda threat-y again, didn't it?

Dill slowed down to a jog. Alright, you five minutes are up. But won't you always wonder what we wanted to say to you?

drack
2012-11-14, 06:48 AM
Goth:

The heavy beam sinks seven feet into the ceiling before stopping.

As you run three throwing knives fly at the two of you from Jules' right. Two catch Jules, and the last catches Xavier in his left bicep. As they pierce your flesh you reach an old subway station, long out of use.

theterran
2012-11-14, 08:08 AM
Joshua Blake

"Sure, I can bend cutlery, just the same as you can bend cutlery, with my hands. Or, I could take it back to the lab at school and melt it with a laser and it will bend. But I don't have any kind of mind powers that will make it bend." says Joshua, shrugging.

drack
2012-11-14, 08:48 AM
Somewhat disappointed the man informs the others "Wrong man. Dispose of him."

DaedalusK71
2012-11-14, 09:37 AM
Ethan Kinsey

Ethan barely heard Dill's words. His mind reeled at the implications of what he just witnessed. Staggering up the street, Ethan leaned against a lamp post to keep from sliding off the world...

Not possible...nenŪ moěnť...nicht mŲglich...si inawezekana he muttered as sweat beads began to creep down his forehead. Without warning Ethan lurched at Dill, grabbing the lapels of his coat and looking hard into his eyes. Prometheus... he whispers as his eyes roll back and the man collapses onto the street.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-14, 09:56 AM
Jules Delacroix

Reacting too late, Jules gritted his teeth as he waited for the knives to bite, but he was able to block them with his arm to avoid vital parts.

As he realized where they were, he immediately scanned the area for exits to the surface.

drack
2012-11-14, 10:05 AM
There is a large open staircase leading up.

shoofle
2012-11-14, 10:48 AM
Charlotte Capuante
(just outside the) Greasy Stain coffee shop

As the table thrower extraordinaire rushes out of the coffee shop, Charlotte's and her friend's curiosity get the best of them and they follow. When they see him collapse, she rushes out to see if they need help. As the apparently overly excitable guy collapses, her friend makes a reasonable suggestion. "Should we call the cops? I think we should call the cops."

Well, either they genuinely need help or there's something hinky going on and the fuzz'll need time to get here...
Charlotte nods and starts walking forward, nerves coloring her voice. "Hey! Do you need help? Should we call an ambulance? I think we should probably call an ambulance..."

...
Jeez, what am I, on the fast track to crazy town? I'm gonna get myself killed...

Her steps start to falter as she realizes she's walking towards a trio of crazy-looking people, one of whom threw a table, ran outside, and collapsed. Really. What is she thinking?

GuyFawkes
2012-11-14, 11:40 AM
Jules Delacroix

Despite being aided by his ability, carrying a full-grown adult while running was no easy task and Jules was breathing heavily now, and he was starting to notice the pain from all his injuries.

The sight of the staircase though gave him another boost and without pause he immediately headed for it.

theterran
2012-11-14, 12:08 PM
Joshua Blake

Joshua frowns.
"Dispose of me? Is that really necessary?"

drack
2012-11-14, 12:43 PM
Jules

As you rush up the stairs the lights and haunting noises fade behind you until you can hear the sounds of the city street. Without warning you smash through some rotting boards onto an alleyway in clear view of the street.

Blake

"Yes, yes I fear it is most necessary. After we can't have the Demon King hearing of our disobedience so soon..." the men around the room draw cutlery with which to end your life.

zagman505
2012-11-14, 06:31 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Did we... get away?

Xavier wearily taps Jules on the shoulder. "Thanks for the lift, I owe you one. I think I can walk on my own now."

He glances around. "Where are we? I hope Aldruk got away ok.""

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-14, 10:46 PM
Dill looks up at the girl walking toward him.

Uh, yeah. My friend has a uh.. like, epileptic condition. It isn't exactly, but... uh... I'm not a doctor. Dill starts trying to put his shoulder under Ethanís to get him up.

Under his breath to James. Floating is not good but some help with the weight would be appreciated.

To the girl he says Could you help me carry him back into the restaurant? Lying on the street isn't good for him.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-14, 11:59 PM
Jules Delacroix

Jules crouched to let Xavier down but instead crumbled down on the ground. All the pain and the exhaustion has caught up to him now. Struggling to stand up, he staggered and nearly collapsed, but his face did not register any of what his body showed.

"Let's...get...to...people...rest..." he labored to say as he stepped forward, before his legs gave way again.

zagman505
2012-11-15, 01:38 AM
Xavier Bonavich

Getting up off the ground, Xavier helps Jules to his feet and lends him a shoulder. Together, they stagger in the direction of the nearest crowd.

drack
2012-11-15, 06:25 AM
Injured in an ally
You emerge into a crowded street filled with cabs. Upper Broadway around 116 if you're not mistaken.

Unconscious at a coffee shop.
A teen with an excess of piercings and black cloths walks out for the coffee shop and approaches you. "Hay, dudes. Is Ethan Like... You know man... OK?"

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-15, 10:35 AM
Injured in an ally

Unconscious at a coffee shop.
A teen with an excess of piercings and black cloths walks out for the coffee shop and approaches you. "Hay, dudes. Is Ethan Like... You know man... OK?"

Dill looks at the punk teen and then at middle-aged Ethan. One of these things is not like the other he whispers to James. You think they would be friends? Scan him. He continues trying to get Ethan up.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-15, 12:03 PM
Jules Delacroix

Still winded, Jules took off the knives that still stuck into his arm as Xavier helped him limp into the main street, throwing them as well as the nail still in his hand unto the garbage on the side of the alley.

"Thanks," he said to Xavier.

Looking around, he tried to get his bearings.

"We should probably get to a hospital. You okay?"

zagman505
2012-11-15, 01:58 PM
Xavier Bonavich

Xavier also pulls the throwing knife out of his arm, wincing in pain as it comes out.

"I think I'm fine. This place... isn't it near where Aldruk was taking us?"

shoofle
2012-11-15, 02:25 PM
Charlotte Capuante
With a glance to her friend and a hesitant thumbs-up, Charlotte steps forward. "Yeah, sure, does he need any medical help? Should we call a doctor?" Putting her head under Ethan's arm, she hoists with Dill.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-15, 02:33 PM
Jules Delacroix

"Yes, but I don't think it's wise to go there directly. They...they might still be following us," he replied. "Let's grab some change of clothes and find a place where there are lots of people to lose the telepath, or any other pursuers, then we go there. You good with that?"

theterran
2012-11-15, 02:59 PM
Joshua Blake

"Demon King? Like a REAL demon, or is it a nickname?" Joshua asks, attempting to ascertain what he's exactly involved in...

drack
2012-11-15, 05:48 PM
Blake

"If you're not psychic there's no need to tell you." the man replies indignantly as one of the men jabs at you with both a pie server ans an oversized fork aimed at your torso.

Space Lawyer
2012-11-15, 06:19 PM
James
Middle of the sidewalk

James takes a moment to peek into the heavily-pierced young man's mind.

drack
2012-11-15, 08:08 PM
You find thoughts of morbid poetry about death, but the rest of his bran seems dead... in fact it's odd that he's even walking... :smallconfused:

theterran
2012-11-15, 10:22 PM
Drack:

Is all of the cutlery metal?

drack
2012-11-15, 10:28 PM
terran

yup :smalltongue:

zagman505
2012-11-15, 10:34 PM
Xavier Bonavich

"You have a point. Do you think this street is crowded enough? Where should we go? My place is all the way down by 22nd... We could call a cab?"

GuyFawkes
2012-11-16, 01:24 AM
Jules Delacroix

He looked around. "Yeah. We should probably take one. But we shouldn't go home to our respective places just yet...you got any money on you?"

zagman505
2012-11-16, 02:25 AM
Xavier Bonavich

"Uh... yeah I've got enough for whatever we need."

GuyFawkes
2012-11-16, 02:50 AM
Jules Delacroix

Jules nodded. "Good. Let's just buy new clothes. And something to patch us up a bit. Hmm. There are a lot of shops in east side 116th. Lots of people too. Two birds with one cab ride."

He extended his left hand to hail one passing taxi that seemed to be vacant.

Dragon Overlord
2012-11-16, 05:09 AM
Dill, On the Street

Dill looks at the girl who is helping lift Ethan. Thank you so much, most people wouldn't help. My name is Dill. What is your name?

Dill starts leading the group toward the closest full resturant/cafe that is away from the punk boy coming toward them. Let's get him in here. I'm sure they don't want us back at that cafe. Then we can see if he needs an ambulance.

drack
2012-11-16, 05:49 AM
Bleeding in the streets:

A cab pulls over, as you get in the driver gives you a "not on my seats" look before asking where you want to go.

Taking away an Ethan:

The teen reaches out his hands putting one on Charlotte and Dill's non-supportive shoulders. "Yo, man, like, is this some kinda kidnapping? Cuz it's like, you better like give up on this one then..." His grip tightens pinching your circulation slightly.