PDA

View Full Version : The Invasion of Toril 2

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Tharione
2013-01-05, 08:22 PM
Throughout the entire meal the bat was seen to sulk, half refusing to sit at a table with devils, half unable to fit in the seats.
Throughout the march (flight for him) toward their new location the bat appeared agitated, occasionally stealing angry glares at the other party members, mostly Arianna.

Upon reaching the thick trees which would either impede flight or separate him from the party the bat transforms into a massive lion.

Stray cat then sniffs about, seeking a trail through these trees

misread scene, cast defensive things and transform here but not owls insight
[roll0] survival to find a trail, lacks scent despite sniffing
[roll1] know nature if applicable

Medic!
2013-01-06, 03:24 AM
Good Morning Bright-Eyes

As the party begins surveying the forrest before them, the tiny dragon pokes its head out of Morgunn's pack, blinking at the new day. Best nap I've had in ages...I didn't miss anything did I? He lazily flaps out and up into the trees nearby, preparing to shadow the party on its trek through the woods.

[roll0] [roll1]

Lexin
2013-01-06, 04:39 AM
Morgunn

Morgunn who first was deep in thoughts about how he was trapped in a stone (does it count as a noble death, if you become one with earth... at least in some sense)... Later, following the team he had a meal with devils, which was extremely taxing for his mind.
'Eat this... don't stab the devil with the fork you are holding. Use the saucier to pour sauce, not to smash his head in... I could make a nicely defensible position using these tables... Yes, yes, it is very tasty... I wonder if these knives are as sharp as they look like... and the chair as heavy...
Let it end already!'

He looks a bit like a mindless zombie until the pseudodragon wakes him up with a question. "No, you didn't miss a thing..."

Archmage1
2013-01-06, 11:10 AM
"Does anyone see a reason we shouldn't walk through this forest? And Bat, can you keep us off of the paths? Less likely to run into an ambush that way."

Tharione
2013-01-06, 01:39 PM
grumbles in a lion-y way

[roll0] survival to find a way not using paths.

mucco
2013-01-08, 06:46 AM
Stray Dog, in bat form, searches for a path away from the trail. You continue the journey, following him. But it appears clear to you that the enemy know the place better the moment you are ambushed! Two flying demons dart down from the impenetrable foliage, and prepare to attack from long range, still concealed by the leaves.

They take a good look at the party and determine that Arianna, unarmored, must be some kind of caster. One demon targets her with an ice-cold ray that saps her willpower. The other one releases a ball of black tar that splashes on all of you, causing you a series of annoyances.

Initiative!
I'm listing all conditions on your line, but I might miss immunities - notify me of them.

21 Demons
21 Arianna <- UP NOW (-2 CL (the ray), sickened, entangled)
20 Morgunn <- UP NOW
17 Bright-tooth <- UP NOW (sickened, entangled, shaken)
8 Voriel <- UP NOW (sickened, shaken)
6 Stray Dog <- UP NOW (entangled)

Ok, everyone in the forest moves at half speed because of difficult terrain, the branches make for difficult terrain for the flyers. Any people entangled by the tar move at 1/4th speed, remember to round down. The demons are floating over the party at about 50 ft, and benefit from concealment.

Oh man, too many saves to roll.
Arianna's Will save against ray: [roll0] fail

Arianna's Fort save against tar: [roll1] fail
Arianna's Reflex save against tar: [roll2] fail
Arianna's Will save against tar: [roll3] success

Morgunn's Fort save against tar: [roll4] success
Morgunn's Reflex save against tar: [roll5] success
Morgunn's Will save against tar: [roll6] success

Voriel's Fort save against tar: [roll7] fail
Voriel's Reflex save against tar: [roll8] success
Voriel's Will save against tar: [roll9] fail

Bright-tooth's Fort save against tar: [roll10] fail
Bright-tooth's Reflex save against tar: [roll11] fail
Bright-tooth's Will save against tar: [roll12] fail

Stray Dog's Fort save against tar: [roll13] success
Stray Dog's Reflex save against tar: [roll14] fail
Stray Dog's Will save against tar: [roll15] success

Archmage1
2013-01-08, 06:13 PM
Arianna, feeling slightly nauseous, tries to focus past the urge to throw up, and cast a spell.
While she is doing that, Valena reacts quickly, and launches two arrows at the nearest Demon
[roll0] [roll1] miss [roll2] dam +1 force
If hit, and deal damage, -2 sr for one round
[roll3] [roll4] miss [roll5] dam +1 force
If hit, and deal damage, -2 sr for one round
(the -sr stacks)

Arianna, at long last, manages to fight through the sickness, and casts a web, anchoring it to the trees, placing the demons at the bottom of the spell, forcing them to come down to the party to flee

[roll6] concentration
dc 23 reflex

You know, I really want to learn that spell. A triple threat, and all 3 are fairly nasty. my 7th level version of web is not nearly that good.

Tharione
2013-01-08, 06:22 PM
The lions skin hardens as it growls at the creatures above.

begin shifting
summon natures ally 6 to summon: [roll0] huge air elementals
entangled concentration (can't fail) [roll1]
casting defensively concentration (can't fail) [roll2]

mucco
2013-01-10, 07:51 PM
One of the demons is caught within the sticky strands of the quickly-forming web. The other one manages to avoid being glued to it, and now is amidst all the magical silk. It's becoming harder and harder to see the demons.

Initiative!
No change to LoS, concealment, or cover.

21 Demons
21 Arianna (-2 CL, sickened, entangled)
20 Morgunn <- UP NOW
17 Bright-tooth <- UP NOW (sickened, entangled, shaken)
8 Voriel <- UP NOW (sickened, shaken)
6 Stray Dog (entangled)

Ok, everyone in the forest moves at half speed because of difficult terrain, the branches make for difficult terrain for the flyers. Any people entangled by the tar move at 1/4th speed, remember to round down. The demons are floating over the party at about 50 ft, and benefit from concealment.