PDA

View Full Version : [PTA, IC]The Spinward Islands

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

BluesEclipse
2012-12-14, 10:01 PM
Lucius replies, "I have no objections to staying low. As for the wager... $1000 is fine. I'm ready when you are!"

passinglurker
2012-12-14, 10:02 PM
Lucius
The Tyrogue takes position you are faster

BluesEclipse
2012-12-14, 10:05 PM
Smiling, Lucius says, "Go ahead and charge up, Voltaire!" The Swablu lets out a trilling cry in response, electricity crackling through its dark wings.

Voltaire uses Charge!

passinglurker
2012-12-14, 10:09 PM
Lucius
"alright dancy pants use tackle!" says the break dancer as the tyrogue closes range
normal, atk
[roll0]
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2012-12-14, 10:14 PM
As Voltaire deftly bobs away from the Tyrogue's tackle, Lucius calls over the intercom, "Alright... time to call down the storm, Voltaire! Thundershock!" Folding its wings in front of it, the Swablu unfurls them with a cry, releasing a potent blast of lightning at the fighting type.

Thundershock - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion, [roll1] Electric Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

passinglurker
2012-12-14, 10:18 PM
Lucius
"Don't give up try again! break through your wall I believe in you!" with new determination the tyrogue backs up and tries to tackle the bird again
[roll0] vs. 3
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2012-12-14, 10:25 PM
Lucius watches as Voltaire takes the hit, and calls out, "Keep the pressure on him, Voltaire - and hit him with another Thundershock!" The Swablu releases another blast of lightning in response, this one significantly smaller than the last.

Thundershock - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Spec Evasion, [roll1] Electric Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

passinglurker
2012-12-14, 10:59 PM
Everyone on boat
The shock knocks the Tyrogue back and renders it unconscious. "Don't worry dancy pants you'll break through some day now rest" says the break dancer as she recalls her mon.

"That is an impressive pokemon you have there Magikarp II captain thanks for hosting my passengers. Follow us If the ones that got beat are interested in the doctor visit offer I made" says the Voltug captain as the break dancer goes up to pay Lucius. when she sees his face she says "wait.. your the guy... the one that jumped the purse snatcher on the jet ski... HEY GUYS ITS THE SWIMMING GUY! Steven are there more form the fight on this boat?!" she says excitedly

"Yeah basically every one on this boat"

The violinist blinks looking at his winnings and then at Nessa "well I feel lousy I wouldn't have had this big break if it wasn't for you guys" he hands you back the pokeball and money "If its alright with you I can't accept this I owe you guys too much."

BluesEclipse
2012-12-14, 11:02 PM
Nodding as Voltaire flies back up to the wheelhouse, Lucius says to the break dancer, "Guess I shouldn't be surprised you recognized me." He then calls over the radio to the other ship, "Sounds like a plan - we'll be right behind you."

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-14, 11:04 PM
Nessa blinked. She was not going to take pity from a trainer who had just beaten her. She had her pride after all.

She waived off the money: You won fair and square. I refuse to not pay after taking a bet. It's part of battling.

passinglurker
2012-12-14, 11:12 PM
Nessa
"At least take the pokemon I'm a musician not a trainer I wouldn't know what to do with more than one" says the shabby boy

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-14, 11:14 PM
And now he's insulting me. If he's not much of a trainer then what does that say about my abilities?

No. A bet is a bet, the karp is yours. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to visit the restroom. Nessa walks off, and heads for her bedroom.

passinglurker
2012-12-14, 11:31 PM
On Deck
The boy looks surprised at Nessa's reaction and after she walks off/ is out of ear shot he sighs and throws the wad of money up to Steven "Treat her to a dinner or something for me I would do it myself but I think she hates me for some reason and I'm working tonight. just you know be discrete"

"Don't worry I picked up some couponing tricks from Poffins she will think I scrounged up a free meal"

*sigh* "now what am I gonna do with this" says the violinist looking at the ball then the voltug captain speaks up over the intercom "I got another old friend conveniently visiting Fornice that knows a thing or two about Magikarps he can give you some pointers Moe. Now if you guys are done get back over here and stop bugging them"

The street performers return to thier boat and you guys begin to follow the voltug to Fornice.

Nessa
While alone your in your bedroom you hear strange voices directly behind you
"Space-ace-ace-ace-aaaaace... I want to go with this one... Lets go to space" "Alright that's enough out of you get back over here" *POP!*

MintyNinja
2012-12-15, 02:57 AM
Zack eagerly accepts the offer to see a private doctor on Fornice, it was his only reason for wanting to stop there. Three of his active pokemon were hurting pretty badly, and Krome could use the direct medical attention. Maybe something about this guy would be more effective than a Center. For the rest of the trip, he stays by the side of the ship, ready to tie down lines once they reach port.

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-15, 11:11 AM
Nessa jumps when she hears the voices - they had scared her. Spinning around she shut the door with her mind and scanned the room, both with her eyes and her mind, for any intruders.

"Who's there?"

If she sees nothing, she moves a stack of papers on her desk in a whirlwind around the room to see if anything interferes with their movement.

Wis check - [roll0]

passinglurker
2012-12-15, 11:13 AM
Nessa
there is no response

you find no visible or tangible source of the voices in your room.

Major
2012-12-15, 07:06 PM
Rebecca nods at the Captain and heads up to the top as she looks around trying to figure out where the voice she heard was coming from.

Wis/perception: [roll0]

passinglurker
2012-12-16, 12:43 AM
Rebecca
when you looked towards the direction of the voice you saw no one there

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-16, 11:06 AM
Nessa frowned. Something was obviously hiding on the ship, but where? and who?

Then, Nessa remembered the Junk Room. It was the perfect place for people to hide, the noises of shifting junk were perfect cover. She walked casually down to the pile of junk, and looked around.

Slowly, she started shifting the junk around - looking anything or anybody who might be hiding in it. It was a daunting task, but maybe she'd get lucky.

junk roll? 1d20+7 EDIT rolled 22 in ooc here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=14386839)

passinglurker
2012-12-16, 12:51 PM
Nessa
As you sift, and dig you eventually find your way to what is currently the highest pile of junk, and at the bottom you find pressed into the thick layer of dust on the floor a trail of foot prints. Using you deductive abilities you determine with some certainty that whatever Pokemon made these foot prints must be a bipedal with stubby spaced apart feet.

Major
2012-12-16, 02:07 PM
Rebecca was confused where the sound came from and what space had to do with anything, but she shrugged. It wasn't vital to the mission and for now the Captain needed her ready and paying attention not looking to someone mumbling about space.

passinglurker
2012-12-16, 02:41 PM
Rebecca
With thier work completed and as the time draws nearer to the event the workers start breaking down their fence, and the civilians start showing up mostly members of the press core, but you see a hipsters or two with picket signs hanging in the back. One of the civilians who also stands out is a large muscular brown haired man. He clearly isn't a ranger but when he gets close to the shed the captain greets him and says "Good to have you with us Collin. Where we need you most is by that shed over there. We already got some CinGen security guards and a Spec Ops member over there but she might have to relocate where there is trouble, and if she moves then those CinGen logos on the guards I expect are probably going to make them more like targets than deterrents."

"very well though I hope these measures prove unnecessary and that the evening passes peacefully" responds the large man named Collin

"me too". The captain then goes to talk to a man in suit by the stage. Collin standing next to the shed, looking at the ground, and not noticing you mutters to himself "The spirit of the earth seems troubled here..."

passinglurker
2012-12-16, 05:25 PM
Lucius
As your sitting in the wheel house Voltaire seems bothered all of a sudden and you hear a strange voice behind you.

"Space!.. her file is in the goggles... AHHH BIRD! Wanna go to space! no birds in space."

Zack
While your sitting alone on the deck you hear a strange voice behind you.

"SpaAaAaAace... you'll need a healing touch... I am the best at space!"

BluesEclipse
2012-12-16, 05:28 PM
Lucius turns around, looking for the voice he just heard. "Er...?" he mutters, confused.

WIS: [roll0]

passinglurker
2012-12-16, 05:31 PM
Lucius
You see Voltaire slowly circling around a spot in midair with frustrated and confused look on its face.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-16, 05:36 PM
Shaking his head, Lucius turns his attention back to the sea ahead. "Keep an eye open, Voltaire."

MintyNinja
2012-12-16, 06:25 PM
Zack was staring out at the open waters, hands on the railing of the deck. When the voice made it's presence known, he set a foot on one rung of the railing and with sudden speed, threw himself into a back flip in order to see this thing.

Dex [roll0]

passinglurker
2012-12-16, 06:34 PM
Zack
You slip up, and embarrassingly stumble almost landing on your face, but the fumbled maneuver still gets you turned round quickly enough in time to see what looks like a floating eye with a yellow iris and strange black appendages tumbling side ways into what looks like some sort of for lack of a better word "portal". The portal then shrinks closed and disappears in the blink of an eye.

MintyNinja
2012-12-16, 06:39 PM
Zack looks for the nearest intercom and buzzes Lucius, "Hey, we've got some unknown visitor on our ship. Strange yellow eye with black appendages. Disappeared into a portal of some kind. Kept mumbling about space."

BluesEclipse
2012-12-16, 06:43 PM
"So that's what it was..." Lucius replies to Zack's message. "Got a message from him myself - he didn't seem too fond of Voltaire. You didn't get a chance to scan it, I'm guessing?"

MintyNinja
2012-12-16, 07:09 PM
"No on that scan. I barely turned around in time to see it, then it vanished," Zack explains.

Major
2012-12-17, 03:34 PM
Rebecca looks down at the man and nods, "Hey there. Uhhhh so what's wrong with the earth?" She asks curious.

passinglurker
2012-12-17, 08:01 PM
Rebecca
"Hmm? Oh its nothing all that specific just the feeling that something will happen. It doesn't change anything really we should have our guard up regardless. And I know its not anything to try and get this canceled over because the spirit of the earth prompted me to tell a young lady to come here, and the spirit of the earth hasn't lead me astray yet." responds Collin as he feels the ground with his hand

BluesEclipse
2012-12-17, 08:14 PM
Lucius sighs, and responds, "At least we have some idea of what it is... did it mention anything else? Because mine said something about a file..." At that thought, Lucius begins looking for files on the goggles, wondering just whose file the thing was talking about.

MintyNinja
2012-12-17, 08:50 PM
"Just something about a healing touch. It was pretty creepy, actually," Zack says over the intercom. Done with his message he goes back to patiently waiting out the rest of their trip. It couldn't be too long now, right?

passinglurker
2012-12-17, 08:55 PM
Lucius
The Files section of the goggles has three possible selections Possible fixed points, Not fixed points, Calculations. Quickly skimming through you find...
Possible fixed pointsA long list of color coded names. Selecting a name seems to present a brief profile.Not fixed pointsAnother long list of names but with no colors and an even briefer profile for each.CalculationsThis file is password protected you must enter in the correct word to gain access.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-17, 09:00 PM
Curious, Lucius will try opening the 'Calculations' folder, entering EDGAR as the password. Should that fail, he'll look through the 'Possible Fixed Points' list to see if he can find any names he recognizes.

passinglurker
2012-12-17, 09:29 PM
Lucius
At your password attempt the goggles return with a big

ACCESS DENIED =P

spread across your peripheral vision.

The names from the possible fixed points file that you recognize are Lea, Zack, yourself, Rebecca, Nessa, Dylan Anders, and Selene Anders

BluesEclipse
2012-12-17, 09:50 PM
Lucius blinks, thinking, Dylan and Selene Anders... what the...? He then looks at the two files, first his father's, then his mother's.

passinglurker
2012-12-17, 10:10 PM
Lucius
The goggles show a picture of your Father though much younger then the last time you saw him. His profile reads...

Trans-Memory: 70% stable

Positive Qualities: Despite a less than advantageous upbringing has demonstrated himself to be a honest, hardworking, and adventurous person.

Negative Qualities: Barring something unfortunate happening to me he is expected to exceed the practical age for selection before I pass on.

Conclusion: As noted above selection is unlikely unless I keel over prematurely other wise a safe and likely choice. (Note: I should keep tabs on if he has kids they will likely be just as promising especially when it comes to Trans-Memory stability)

You then move on to your Mothers profile. the included picture shows her noticeably older than the last time you saw her when you were four.

Trans-Memory: 73% stable

Positive Qualities: Inquisitive and a strong desire to protect and study environments especially the ocean.

Negative Qualities: Barring something unfortunate happening to me she is expected to exceed the practical age for selection before I pass on.

Conclusion: As noted above selection is unlikely unless I keel over prematurely other wise a safe and likely choice. Update: Unfortunately seems to have fallen in with Team Aqua selection now unlikely Update: Seems to have come to her senses and has decided to abandon Team Aqua selection conditionally likely again Update: Deceased hunted down by masked operative, selection impossible, removed from consideration

planswalker
2012-12-17, 11:58 PM
Lea
Corton's initial attempts are fruitless, but the pokemon does seem to like Corton enough to not out right attack him. It instead tries to shake Corton off, and carry on smashing things in its search.

As the pokemon turns its head to take out an awning support you and Corton both notice the broken plant pus oozing stem of where one of its characteristic fruits should be hanging.

Corton seems to get what is going on and gestures you toward the trainer as it gets in the pokemons face trying to wipe up its tears, and again distracting it.

At your comment the trainer responds "I don't know" as he quickly stuffs something in his jacket just then you hear the lady's voice again causing the trainer to grit his teeth "Some body stop that thief!" you see the voice is coming from a woman running up the street market with long hair a big leather jacket tied around her waste and a long purple legless pokemon slithering next to her. she is still three rounds away.

Lea will scan the purple thing and approaches the kid. "Yeah, try a different one. You have six seconds to explain why you mutilated this poor pokemon before I summon a fire bug to teach you to respect other creatures."

[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2012-12-18, 12:09 AM
Lucius looks at the file, staring at the final note on his mother's profile. The ring of water around the stylus falls apart as his focus shatters, though he pays no attention as the water falls. "Hunted down... what...?" He stares at the picture of his mother for a long moment, before closing his eyes. Why do I even care... she left us. She left long before any of this happened... so why do I care so much about it? Opening his eyes, he begins browsing the other files on the goggles, hoping to find some information regarding this 'masked operative', even though he can't think of a reason why it should matter.

passinglurker
2012-12-18, 12:28 AM
Lea
He looks at you with all the fear a pokemon would give a mother Ursaring wearing a viking helmet before furrowing his brow and saying "here's one... Catch!" he pulls the banana back out and throws it at you as he springs up and tries to make his escape down the street, but he hits the brakes as soon as he sees the woman with the purple legless mon as she says "There he is Murasaki!"
dex to catch the banana and prevent it from splattering

Lucius
There is no file labeled "masked operative" and randomly selecting profiles show no pictures of people wearing masks or even mention masks as far as you have noticed skimming.

"Are you alright?" Says Steven through a mouthful of paper as he arrives at the top of the stairs.

planswalker
2012-12-18, 12:41 AM
[roll0]

Whether or not Lea catches it, she'll leave that woman to deal with the little jerk of a boy and approach the tropius baby to tend to its wound.

using TLC to heal the tropius for [roll1] and generally tend its wounds.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-18, 12:46 AM
Lucius blinks at Steven's voice, before sighing and removing the goggles, setting them aside. "I need to figure out just how Ironwood tracked us all down - because apparently, my parents were on his watch list as well. And he found out about my mother being hunted down and killed, it seems, when I never even learned she was dead." His voice takes on an icy tinge near the end, and the temperature in the room drops as he speaks. His gaze remains out the window, watching the course of the ship.

Major
2012-12-18, 12:52 AM
"So, you can talk to the earth and the earth says something bad will happen near here?" Rebecca says with a frown. She wasn't sure if the man was crazy or not, but if it wasn't it would be very useful to know. "Any details? Who exactly are you anyways? I see you know the local Captain."

passinglurker
2012-12-18, 01:02 AM
Lea
You barely catch it nabbing it just before it hits the ground. You then look up to see the mon your dex is identifying as "Tropius Variant: Frondius" looking at you with rage burning in its mush filled eyes, and Corton pushing and pulling at its head futilely to get it to turn away. you also hear behind you the trainer call out "you'll never take me alive!"*pokeball release* "AAAARBOK!" "OW! WHY DO SNAKES BITE SO HARD?!"

The "Frondius" then charges younormal, atk
[roll0] vs.3
[roll1]

Lucius
"well... I'll... just leave you too that then I kinda had my fill of grim awkward subjects hanging around that Team Aqua Operative that wore that helmet like a luchador mask" he tries to slowly back down the stairs

BluesEclipse
2012-12-18, 01:06 AM
Lucius blinks for a moment at Steven's words, before turning to the Eevee. "Steven..." he says, keeping his voice as level as he can. "I need to know everything you can tell me about that woman."

planswalker
2012-12-18, 01:15 AM
A bit put out that she can't resolve this peacefully, Lea will take the hit, back away, and have Corton try to whistle to soothe it to sleep.

[roll0]

heh, yes, they do bite hard indeed.

passinglurker
2012-12-18, 01:22 AM
Rebecca
"Its more like the spirit of the earth is saying something will happen, but what the spirit of the earth considers to be good or bad could be different from what we consider to be good or bad. To soon to say details if any will show them selves at all. as for who I am my name is Collin Brady I'm the Glisten cluster gym leader." responds Collin

Lucius
"I already told you everything I know... and really I would prefer to put that short foray into the underworld behind me. If you think she killed your mom the information on the murders she is accused of is probably available from the same site I found that wanted poster." says Steven. he is beginning to tremble a little. Its not clear if that due to the now cold room, or if he is scared of you.

Lea
Corton whistles a Lulaby and the big baby is lulled to sleep.

you hear behind you. "did you really say "you'll never take me alive"? Please I've chased after guys who would take mukking suicide pills before letting themselves be caught. Do you really think you can get away from me with a line like that? well do ya punk?"

planswalker
2012-12-18, 01:25 AM
Lea will have Corton layer on some stun spores to restrain the creature to keep it from hurting others or itself.

[roll0]

passinglurker
2012-12-18, 01:29 AM
Lea
The mon tenses up as the spores sink in.

you hear sirens behind you. "Its about time they showed up. Its a sad day when the cops are slower than a little middle aged breeder like myself"

Major
2012-12-18, 01:30 AM
"Oh, err sorry sir, I didn't recognize you." Rebecca gives a polite bow, "Special Ops Agent Ranoue." She says.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-18, 01:32 AM
Lucius nods at the Eevee, turning his attention to the nearby computer, and checking to see if the page is still open, before checking the browser history if it's not.

planswalker
2012-12-18, 01:42 AM
Lea
The mon tenses up as the spores sink in.

you hear sirens behind you. "Its about time they showed up. Its a sad day when the cops are slower than a little middle aged breeder like myself"

Lea will throw the heavy ball she just acquired at the frondius, hoping that catching it will calm it down enough to let her tend to it.

If the catch is unsuccessful, Corton will flash a bright light at the baby, trying to reduce its accuracy without actually hurting it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

passinglurker
2012-12-18, 09:18 AM
LeaTechnically you rolled a d20 but since it was a nat20 I'll let this slide this timeThe Frondius is absorbed into the ball...

wibble, wobble, wibble, wobble, wibble, wobble, Ding! lvl15 female Tropius Flaw: its a baby resembling arc's Frondius

"MmmmMmmm!" "Quit your belly aching I got energy drinks if you they squeeze you till you pass out... You alright miss? Tackles are rarely fun. I have a friend who is a doctor if you need one."

Rebecca
"pleasure to meet you"

Lucius
It turns out there is a small terminal built into the control console. You find the same wanted poster as before easily

planswalker
2012-12-18, 10:19 AM
LeaTechnically you rolled a d20 but since it was a nat20 I'll let this slide this timeThe Frondius is absorbed into the ball...

wibble, wobble, wibble, wobble, wibble, wobble, Ding! lvl15 female Tropius Flaw: its a baby resembling arc's Frondius

"MmmmMmmm!" "Quit your belly aching I got energy drinks if you they squeeze you till you pass out... You alright miss? Tackles are rarely fun. I have a friend who is a doctor if you need one."

"Thank you, but I think I'll be fine. I'm more concerned that the baby might be hurt."

Lea will call out the newly-christened Carmon and, assuming it's calmed down enough to not immediately attack Lea, will tenderly and with loving care do what she can to tend to its wounds.

using TLC to heal it for [roll0] hp. And fluff stuff too.

passinglurker
2012-12-18, 10:48 AM
Lea
You call the mon back out. Its still asleep and stiff so its easy to give it some tender loving care and clean it up. The woman even comes over to lend you a hand "Best to just leave the fruit where she will find it. These become very unreasonable when their fruit is stolen and will think anyone holding the fruit is trying to steal it, and thanks for keeping it busy I was afraid she was going to catch the crook before I did as much as that kid probably deserves it nothing spoils a festival like death" she says as she pats some herbal putty on its wound.

Looking behind you one purple mon now identified as Dragonair has the thief wrapped up as another one with fangs is staring him down with a fearsome glare he isn't going any where.

As the Frondius begins come to the woman leaves to talk to the cops as they scratch their heads trying to figure out how to cuff the kid underneath several layers of coiled up dragon.

planswalker
2012-12-18, 10:52 AM
Lea will scan the other snake-thing as well and leave the fruit in front of the tropius. As she comes to, Lea will say, "Hi, there. Are you feeling better?"

passinglurker
2012-12-18, 11:18 AM
Lea
When Carmon notices the fruit she immediately grabs it in her jaws and holds it close as tears trickle down her face she then looks at you with a slightly confused expression.

planswalker
2012-12-18, 11:20 AM
"I got it back for you from the little boy over there who had stolen it." Lea says, pointing at the perpetrator. "I really like you and would like to be your friend. Can we be friends?"

passinglurker
2012-12-18, 11:35 AM
Lea
What happened clicks with Carmen, she hands you the fruit, and gives you a big Tropius lick "Well I hope your good with plants because she's latched on to you now. There is no higher honor one can receive from a Frondius than for it to willingly give one of its fruits." says the woman as the police drives away with the thief.

the scan comes back as Arbokhere are the RP keys to your new mount I'll let you handle it from here

The Boat
You all hear from the Voltug's intercom as it gets close again "Land HO! berthing fee is on me I have a friend that never uses his parking space"

From the deck and wheel house you can see the Fornice skyline draped in leafy greenness for the expo.

"Anyway I have a gig so I phoned ahead to my doctor friend just go to the pokecenter and ask for Doctor Denos"

You guys are soon parked and dock workers are doing their thing with the refueling and restocking.

planswalker
2012-12-18, 11:45 AM
Realizing what a great honor has been bestowed upon her, Lea will hug Carmon's neck. "As a matter of fact, I like to consider myself a specialist in grass-types."

Lea will recall Corton and hop on Carmon's back. "Let us away to the conference!" She says with glee. Finding her new trainer's exuberance infectious, Carmon cheerfully heads off to the conference. Lea does her best to navigate her to avoid trampling anyone or anything else.

passinglurker
2012-12-18, 11:59 AM
Lea
"If you see a big ripped dirty guy named Collin there tell him Mueki says hi" says the woman with a smile on her face as you depart.

The sun begins to go down as you navigate the streets but with all the growth lights setup you don't really seem to notice. When you reach the conference you see a growing number of hipsters around the edges of it but it doesn't look like they have started waving their signs or protesting yet. At one end of the conference area there is a stage setup that looks like its made for a boat to be able to pull up behind it, and in the center of the conference area is a small shed with Rebecca standing on top and Collin nearby.

planswalker
2012-12-18, 12:04 PM
Lea will head over to the pair of familiar faces and say, "Hey, Collin, Mueki says hi! She helped me save Carmon here from some rude little boy who stole her banana."

passinglurker
2012-12-18, 12:16 PM
Lea and Rebecca
"Hello again Lea I see you got the tropius you were after and thank you for relaying the message I almost forgot I have a little reunion after this" responds Collin.

Just then a man wearing a suit and glasses comes up on stage "testing... testing... is this on? good... As we await the arrival of our research vessel Venture I would just like to thank all the members of the press and public that have come out to night we have many exciting discovers to share tonight including as a little sneak peek proof to the viability of professor oaks... you know the kanto one not professor ironwood... Lost world ecosystem theory" As he is talking a technician comes out of the shed and jogs up to the stage and whispers something in the suit guys ear "what you mean its early?""you better come with me" before leaving the stage to follow the tech the suit guy says into the microphone "so exciting isn't it?"

planswalker
2012-12-18, 12:19 PM
"Yes, I have a baby banana tree-dinosaur. I'm sure she'll learn to fly very soon."

Major
2012-12-18, 03:23 PM
Rebecca nods at Lea, "Good to see you again." She says before getting quiet as the speaking started. "Well, time to find out how well this goes."

planswalker
2012-12-18, 03:43 PM
Lea looks a little confused. "Why? What's going on? Is there trouble?"

passinglurker
2012-12-18, 03:52 PM
Lea and Rebecca
The technician leads the guy in the suit into the radio shed where there is a flurry of activity. Unfortunately Rebecca can't make out whats going on and Lea got distracted by Carmen adorably staring at, sniffing, licking, and ultimately sticking her tongue out at Collin's dirt filled hair.

Rebecca notices some people near the waterside end of the conference area have started looking out at the ocean and are pointing at a hard to make out shape in the light evening coastal fog that has settled in.

Major
2012-12-18, 05:17 PM
"Either of you have binoculars?" Rebecca asked glancing in the direction curious what it was. "And it's possible, Lea. We don't know for sure, but this is kind of a giant boiling point."

BluesEclipse
2012-12-18, 11:03 PM
Making sure the boat is tied off, Lucius says, "Probably not a bad idea for all of us to get our Pokemon checked... let's go find this doctor, shall we?"

planswalker
2012-12-18, 11:25 PM
"Sorry, I didn't even remember to grab my shoes." Lea will, however, head over to the waterside to get a better look.

passinglurker
2012-12-18, 11:40 PM
Lea
So far all you can make out through the fog is a vague silhouette but judging by how far out it is it must be as big as a boat.

Rebecca
You finally make out some of what they are saying in the radio shed
"they are not responding... S.S. Venture come in can you hear us? over"

People on the magikarp II
You guys got a sweet parking spot its only a few blocks from the pokecenter you can see it from here.

planswalker
2012-12-18, 11:58 PM
Lea will strain for a closer look.

MintyNinja
2012-12-19, 12:08 AM
"Right," Zack says to Lucius' comment as he also leaps onto the dock and ties a line. He follows the other to the nearby Pokecenter.

[OOC: I'll let Nessa join us and narrate the entering and asking for the doctor before Zack pipes up about Krome.]

Major
2012-12-19, 02:11 AM
Rebecca hesitates before glancing around for the Captain. Surely a ranger was going to investigate?

I assume we were given the numbers to use with our pokegear. But figured I'd place in spoilers just in case:

Rebecca picked up the pokegear and spoke into it, "Requesting Permission to take Marina and investigate why the boat isn't responding."

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-19, 02:29 AM
Nessa walks into the pokecenter with her companions and walks up to a nurse. "Hi. It was recommended that I see Dr. Denos by an associate. Is he in today?"

passinglurker
2012-12-19, 10:04 AM
People Visiting The Doctor
the nurse says "of course he told me he was expecting visitors right this way please" she leads you all to a decent sized examination room "he will be along shortly" and sure enough after a few minutes what looks like a big black version of steven, and a tall black haired man with a white coat and a fez enters the room followed by another pokemon who phases through the door. "So an old friend of mine tells me you lot need a doctor. I should say he is a little overly paranoid about the healing kiosks, but since he is an old friend and tonight has been slow I'm willing to take a look at any pokemon you have that need medical attention."

Rebeccawe'll say the ranger's use walkies talkies which is part of your styler's radio function The captain is up on the stage "they can't reach their ship?... You and ranger Orville will investigate he is a dedicated rider" he says over the radio. You then see a ranger by the water side call out a pokemon that looks like a larger version of Lucius's Zepher. Collin then speaks up "You should take Lea with you. I'm getting the feeling that the spirit of the earth is trying to draw her there"

Lea
The silhouette now matches the shape as well as the size of the boat. You then see a ranger by the water side call out a pokemon that looks like a larger version of Lucius's Zepher.

MintyNinja
2012-12-19, 11:51 AM
Zack scans the black pokemon with the doctor before saying, "I've got a few injured pokemon, yes. But what I really want you to look at is this Skarmory I caught. It's rusting to pieces and I don't know what to do to help him. Is there somewhere safe I can release him?"

passinglurker
2012-12-19, 12:08 PM
Zack
"Just release it here on the table me and Lux" He motions at the floating phasing pokemon "Actually have some real world experience getting the drop on Skarmory's"

the scan comes back as umbreon

MintyNinja
2012-12-19, 04:31 PM
Zack also scans the phasing pokemon, suddenly curious as to it's abilities. Then he releases Krome off to the side, not sure of what to expect. As a precaution his hand rests on Obsidia's ball, just in case.

Major
2012-12-19, 04:38 PM
"Marina can't carry both of us, but if she's willing to swim or has a pokemon she can come." Rebecca replies to Collin as she releases Marina and then puts on her rebreather as she starts moving toward the water. She nods at the other ranger, "Why do I suspect this is the trouble we were expecting?" She mumbles.

Heads up due to the destruction/theft (unsure due to it going missing...wish I'd found the destroyed rubble) of my laptop after a car accident I might be limited in posting.

passinglurker
2012-12-19, 05:03 PM
Rebecca and Lea
@major: Sorry to hear about that. No one injured I hope?
Ranger Orville takes one look at Marina and says to Rebecca "uh... wouldn't it be faster if we just took my pokemon?" He motions at a very large, wing shaped, aquatic pokemon floating in the water with a "saddle" that looks like it is made to provide "seating" for up to three people on the pokemon's back. "Is there anyone else coming? the captain just told me to take some people out and find the boat."

Zack
The rusty meat stained bird looks around the room wildly, and it looks like it is about to lash out when suddenly it turns its gaze to Doctor Denos who is staring at it intently and maybe leaning a little to close for what is usually considered safe.

The two stare at each other silently for some time before the bird finally eases off a little and sits down. Doctor Denos then finally says something "You were smart bringing this one up first his rusting is very extensive at least its extensive for a pokemon that is still alive. A pokemon must have a will stronger than steel to be able to carry on like this, and I'm glad to hear from conversing with it that your not the one responsible for its condition baring some scorch marks. Other wise you would soon be in greater need of a doctor than this bird."

He says this to you in a dead serious tone before softening up and continuing "As for helping it I applaud you for your desire to do so most trainers would ditch a pokemon in this condition. Unfortunately there is not much we can really do beyond cleaning the rust off. Metal lost to rusting rarely grows back at least not with the aid of conventional healing. We'll have to keep It over night, and put it through a cleaning procedure it would be best if you were present for that so it can associate being healed with it being around you is that alright?"

MintyNinja
2012-12-19, 05:52 PM
"Yeah, I can stay here. Didn't really need to see the plant stuff anyways. While I'm here we can also just patch up the rest of my team," Zack agrees. "You said conversing, right? I take it that means something mental that's not altogether psychic. I have a strange Charmander and if you could coax something about her past from her that would be wonderful." He holds Obsidia's ball up but doesn't release it until he's sure Krome won't be agitated by the fire pokemon.

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-19, 06:43 PM
Once Zack is finished, Nessa lets the doctor heal her pokemon. She pulls out Willow's ball and shows it to him. "I have a Seedot that suffers from malnutrition. I was wondering if you could tell me how it's doing."

passinglurker
2012-12-19, 06:47 PM
Zack
"I believe the word for it is channeling it is a physically taxing process I usually save doing it for when I really need to like this case. and you only need to stay for the cleaning procedure the skarmory should be resting the rest of the time we just want to observe it just incase" he says gesturing at the Skarormy. he then gets to work healing any pokemon given him.

Nessa
When he gets to willow "hmm looking at his records he seems to be progressing very well he might wind up a lighter color, but he will still be just as healthy at this rate and being a little off color shouldn't bother him all seedots care about with their appearances is how polished they are"

Major
2012-12-19, 06:59 PM
"But swimming is so much fun." Rebecca says before removing the rebreather, "Didn't realize you had so many seats so assumed I'd be swimming." Rebecca states glad she could save the filter for another time. "I'll be going and Leader Collin recommended Lea come as well. Not sure why, but hey, I assume he has his reasons." She says before glancing at the pokemon and scanning it.

Yeah, no injuries.

passinglurker
2012-12-19, 07:52 PM
Highlights from the doctor
scan comes back as lampert

Obsidia
Ok face towards the target, open wide, and say ahhhh"

"ChaaaarBOOM!"

"I see why your curious Lux go tell the nurse room 37 needs a replacement fire type target"

Ozzy
"ok now I'm just going to temporarly remove your helmet to check your ears..."

"CU! WHACK!"

"ow! yup he can hear just fine"

Narwah
"Well Narwah do you give this patch up job your seel of approval?"

*all mons collectively roll their eyes*

Voltair
"ZAP!"

"It doesn't seem to be a fan of physical contact"

all your mons are healed Dr. Denos now starts cleaning the rust off krome and showing Zack what to do to prevent it in the future

planswalker
2012-12-20, 12:53 AM
Rebecca and Lea
@major: Sorry to hear about that. No one injured I hope?
Ranger Orville takes one look at Marina and says to Rebecca "uh... wouldn't it be faster if we just took my pokemon?" He motions at a very large, wing shaped, aquatic pokemon floating in the water with a "saddle" that looks like it is made to provide "seating" for up to three people on the pokemon's back. "Is there anyone else coming? the captain just told me to take some people out and find the boat."

"Oh, I'll come along! I trust Collin's intuition." Lea says. She'll recall Carmon and hop aboard.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-20, 12:54 AM
Lucius nods and takes his Pokemon back from the doctor, watching as he begins the cleaning procedures on the rusted Skarmory.

passinglurker
2012-12-20, 11:59 AM
Lea and Rebecca
The ride out was bumpy due to ranger Orville's insistence that riding along the surface of the water and crashing through the waves was some how faster than flying through the air in a straight line. But regardless of whether that way was really the fastest, or not you reach you destination in less than a quarter of the time it would have taken with Marina.

As you approach the black silhouette in the fog you find a boat that you can only assume is the S.S. Venture it looks like a very large cargo ship but what is odd about this is all of the lights are off completely blacking the ship out as if it had no power yet it is sailing towards the dock at a decent speed. Like the Magikarp II there is an island towards the front for the wheel house and an island towards the back for the engines. Unlike the Magikarp II or any other boat up on the deck there is what looks like a large reinforced cage spanning most of the width of the deck in the center. There is no sign of the crew.

As you three touch down on the front of the boat the reality of the situation comes to light as a chilling message is broadcast on all frequencies so even your personal radios pick it up "S.S. Venture this is East Fornice Harbor Master reduce your speed and alter your course do you copy? S.S. Venture you are coming in to fast and are on a collision course with the dock reduce your speed and alter your course..." then the captains voice comes over the radio "Special Ops Agent Ranoue your parties objective has changed you are to stop that boat we are evacuating the conference area"

The Doctor's
After sedating Krome with a Chansey's song the cleaning procedure goes smoothly. The bird now looks pitted and cratered yet polished. With spots of him still having a rusty red tinge to them, but Dr. Denos says those won't spread and teaches Zack how to spot the difference between discoloration and actual rust. Just then his phone buzzes some gadget called a P-Gear that was popular a long time ago. When he reads the message the gadget had received his serious face returns "I have to go, Chansey please take Mr. Hamilton's Skarmory to observation" after he leaves the Chansey wheels Krome down the hall.

Major
2012-12-20, 05:11 PM
"Yes, sir." Rebecca replies before releasing both Marina and Sergio. She didn't know her two newest friends well enough to want to release them on a mission, so she settled for the two of them.

"Let's start with disabling the boat. I'm thinking if we take out the wheel house and the engine it'll be fastest. Something is definitely wrong and I suspect that it is a problem in the actual control booth." Rebecca says as she boards the boat and starts looking around. She flicks down her scanner just in case. If there were ghost pokemon or something hiding itself, at least she'd be able to pick up it's life readings.

planswalker
2012-12-20, 06:38 PM
Lea follows her Spec Ops friend and will look around to see if she spots any clues.

[roll0]

MintyNinja
2012-12-20, 11:18 PM
While the doctor works with Krome, Zack assists unasked. Using the creature's natural pressure points he soothes the bird while the doctor scrubs away the rust. By the end of it, Krome actually looks happier.

Zack collects his pokemon and scans the Chansey while it's out and about. He asks the doctor, "Everything alright? We owe you for this, we can lend a hand."

passinglurker
2012-12-20, 11:46 PM
Lea and Rebecca
It really hard to see anything in the dark but by the faint lights of the screens of your electronic devices you guys feel your way to the entrance of the forward structure. Where it is even darker inside. There is still no visiable sign of the crew.

Just Lea
You hear a faint noise from below deck akin to the noise of ransacking not that that is a noise you are familiar with.

Everyone else
Dr. Denos looks back at you and your group for a moment "No... no I shouldn't its to dangerous you'll all just get hurt. It would be better if you all just stayed out of the way" he turns to leave when a woman with long blond hair and a large leather jacked tied around her waste bursts in to the hall "Blake!"

"Mueki?"

"Did you get Collins message!?"

"Yes I was just going..."

"Do you know where Dave is?"

"He gave me a phone call calling in a favor to heal up those trainers, but you know how he is these days he was light on the other details"

"You said those guys in there are trainers?"

"Yes but I just told them..."

"Bring them Dave probably pointed them your way for a reason"

She then turns around and runs back down the hall calling behind her "PICK UP THE PACE PEOPLE A BOAT FULL OF SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS IS ABOUT CRASH INTO EAST FORNICE!"

BluesEclipse
2012-12-20, 11:54 PM
Lucius blinks at the cry before running out of the room, following Blake and Mueki. "We have any idea on how far the boat is? How long we have to stop it?" Voltaire soars above the group, following Lucius through the streets.

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-20, 11:55 PM
Nessa hadn't really expected the day to get any crazier; next time she wouldn't make stupid assumptions like that. She'd have to learn to just spin with it.

Rather matter of factly, Nessa stood. "Shall we?"

MintyNinja
2012-12-21, 12:02 AM
As the blonde woman yells at them to get moving Zack pauses for a moment in excited thought. Buildings, covered in plants, climbable, distances? Streets are wide, buildings are pretty tall though, and covered in plants. Plants, plants... Tangela! Operation Tangela! With a wide grin on his skeletal face he runs up the stairs inside the pokecenter going as high as he can. When he finds an open window he climbs out onto the roof quickly and finds a sturdy vine. What if it breaks? a thought enters his mind. I fall, he retorts. With all self preservation abandoned he takes a running leap and jumps off the opposite side of the building. A second later he swings back around towards the conference and proceeds to travel from vine to vine, laughing like a madman the entire way.

Dex [roll0]
Str [roll1]

passinglurker
2012-12-21, 12:16 AM
Street bound simpletons
"To far to get there before it crashes if its going to crash you can't tell me they wouldn't want every pokeball toting trainer there when a horde of reanimated fossils spill out on to the street or something" answers Mueki as you guys run

"your a breeder aren't you?" pipes up Steven

"Yes why do you ask?"

"no reason"

For lack of a better word Zack
After a few blocks you realize that the background soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoeUzHXVM2w) in your head isn't actually in your head looking down you see a golf cart barely keeping pace with you blend of noise making the identity of the occupants fairly obvious... The street performers known as Mall street rumble.

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-21, 12:30 AM
Nessa keeps up a with the group with slight difficulty. She wasn't used to running this much. "Those fossils wild or captured? I could use a good rock type for my team."

passinglurker
2012-12-21, 12:39 AM
Nessa
"I don't have a clue" she says back with a big smile

planswalker
2012-12-21, 06:33 AM
Lea mentions the noise as she enters the room.

passinglurker
2012-12-21, 09:28 AM
Lea
Inside with out the ambient light of the bright city and the night sky it is DARK your phone screen makes a poor flashlight but from what you can barely make out in the darkness you can surmise that you are in a hallway with two sets of stairs on one side one going up and one going down similar to the layout on Magikarp II.

You hear the noise again echoing from the downward stair well.

planswalker
2012-12-21, 02:15 PM
"Okay, time to shed some light on things." Lea will call out Corton and have him shrink himself and glow to be a mobile flashlight. The mini-glow cottonee will rest on Lea's shoulder.

"There's a noise coming from downstairs; Let's go investigate."

passinglurker
2012-12-21, 02:28 PM
Lea and Rebecca
With Corton's light it becomes apparent that this floor is the crew quarters judging by the name plates on all the doors and the dining table set up in the center of the open area at the end of the hall. "maybe we should split up? someone goes to try and stop the boat from the wheel house while the others investigate the noise as they make their way to the engine room?" comments ranger Orville.

Next the the stairs there is a sign that reads "wheelhouse" with an arrow pointing up, and "labs" with an arrow pointing down.

planswalker
2012-12-21, 02:37 PM
"Well, I'm now intensely curious, so I'll volunteer to investigate the noises downstairs."

passinglurker
2012-12-21, 03:11 PM
Lea
Ranger Orville reaches into a red box hanging on the wall and pulls out a small stick "only one? *sigh*" he makes a snapping noise with it and shakes it till it starts glowing "I'll head for the wheel house then" he heads up stairs as you head down there is a door at the base of the stairs with a small window through which you can make out a hall lined with doors, most of which are open, one of which has a faint light coming from inside. there are papers and smashed equipment strewn around the floor of the hall.

Major
2012-12-21, 03:39 PM
"I'll go with her then. Best to have a ranger so we can communicate easily with our radios." Rebecca said with a nod.

passinglurker
2012-12-21, 04:13 PM
Rebecca
you see the same thing lea saw through the window in the door at the bottom of the stairs

planswalker
2012-12-21, 04:34 PM
Her curiosity getting the best of her, Lea will go towards the room with a light on.

Major
2012-12-21, 04:39 PM
"Be ready, this place didn't get messed up for no reason..." Rebecca states as she follows, keeping an eye on Sergio and Marina. "Be ready for anything."

passinglurker
2012-12-21, 09:40 PM
Lea and Rebecca
As you open the door the noise stops. Nothing bothers you two as you progress down the hall, and as you pass by the darkened open doors you catch glimpses of large vats, walls of computers, tables lined with microscopes, and what looks like a big laser. But all of that is nothing compared to the room with the faint light half way down the hall.

Its full of science machines and what not, but this is what you see that is note worthy...

The ChamberIn the center of the room is a cylindrical chamber reaching from floor to ceiling with fat bundles of wires connected to it snaking along the floor and ceiling. There is an opening in the side of the chamber also reaching from the floor to the ceiling from which the faint light that attracted you here is emanating. From where you are it looks like the inside of the chamber is lined with stone tablets covered in strange markings.

The Floor In addition to the papers and debris that covered the floor of the hall you also see the floor is covered in broken bits of pokeballs and what looks like crystalline shards Lea notices one of those shards has an unblinking dead "eye" on one side

The Monitor In the corner of the room is a flickering computer monitor Corton approaches this and wolf whistles at the image on the screen.

"It looks like somebody tied down a lot of the controls with fishing line I'm going to try to cut the wheel free so we can get this turned away from the dock" Says Ranger Orville over the radio

Major
2012-12-21, 10:12 PM
"Roger that, be careful. Strange runes and crystal stuff down here. Something is definitely wrong." Rebecca replies over the radio as she moves towards the chamber entrance.

passinglurker
2012-12-21, 10:36 PM
Rebecca
Looking at the inside of the chamber it becomes apparent that the stone tablets that line its walls are phosphorescent and that the tablets themselves are the source of the light. As you get closer strange whispers start filling your mind making it harder and harder to think until one voice coming from behind you drowns the others out.

Wanna go... He is here... Wanna go to space.

Just then you hear the clank of a door down the hall slamming shut, and all of the voices go silent.

planswalker
2012-12-22, 02:44 AM
Her curiosity getting the better of her, Lea will walk over and pick up the eye fragment and scan it with her 'dex.

passinglurker
2012-12-22, 10:55 AM
Lea
Your scan comes back as ERROR: DEAD POKEMON

Meanwhile Corton starts hoping on a keyboard in frustration. The monitor had changed from the image he liked to a hello skitty screen saver and he is to light and fluffy to press any of the buttons. (industrial grade keyboard)

planswalker
2012-12-22, 08:22 PM
Lea will head over and see if she can help her little cottonball get to what he wants. She'll press the "L" key.

passinglurker
2012-12-22, 09:01 PM
Lea
The flickering of the screen seems to take on a nervous quality as the image returns to the screen. It looks like a green wire frame silhouette of some sort of pokemon with two large legs, two small arms, a big head filled with teeth, and a long tail. The words of the screen don't make much sense with the words "Experiment 626", "DNA", and "Trans-Memory" repeated in many spots on the screen.

Corton stares at the screen with big eyes

Major
2012-12-22, 11:31 PM
Rebecca frowns, "I don't know exactly what all this is, but the Rangers can probably figure it out." She states cautiously, "Do you think the experiment did it? What's this transmemory crap?"

planswalker
2012-12-22, 11:53 PM
"I don't know." Lea will look for files to click on or folders to open.

passinglurker
2012-12-23, 06:28 AM
Lea and Rebecca
The moment Rebecca says the word "crap" the screen appears to have nervous break down, and spazzes out for a moment before showing the same image again, but this time all the words have been replaced with an erratic jumble of phrases like "sry sry sry sry sry sry", "sorry sir", ":(", "please don't hurt me again", "I don't want to die", "give me another chance"btw this computer doesn't "click" its a command line interface

planswalker
2012-12-23, 07:56 AM
Catching on, Lea says, "Oh, that's alright Mr Computer. Would you please teach me what "trans-memory" is? You sound so smart and competent. I'd love for you to teach me."

[roll0]

passinglurker
2012-12-23, 12:23 PM
Lea and Rebecca
In the bottom right hand corner of the screen a cgi polygon "head" with two spots for eyes pokes itself just above the bottom edge of the screen shaking and shivering nervously. A word bubble forms above the head which reads "U R not him?"

Major
2012-12-24, 03:49 PM
"Who is 'him"?" Rebecca asks, "I'm a Special Ops Ranger, I help people in danger. If this man is a threat let me know who he is and we can protect you." She felt a bit silly talking to a computer, but things looked dark and she doubted that the person responsible was just terrifying to a computer.

passinglurker
2012-12-24, 03:59 PM
Lea and Rebecca
"Scary black cloak man. He scared away nice white coat man. He used spinning light to make Pories do what he wanted. When big Pories said no he..." the heads eye spot turn to horizontal lines and blue pixels start flowing from them making it look as if the head was crying.

Major
2012-12-24, 04:52 PM
"Do you have a name? A picture? Is the man still on the boat?" Rebecca asked picking up her radio.

"There is a killer loose. He apparently took over the boat, chased off the prior people, and tried to enslave some porygons. Destroyed one in fact. It's uhh...I'm guessing that's what these pieces are. Look out for a man in a black cloak. Trying to get more information."

passinglurker
2012-12-24, 05:11 PM
Lea and Rebecca
The screen then changes to a silent security camera recording shown in fast forward mode. It shows a man in a white coat working in the lab the chamber is closed. Then the screen turns a tinge of red as it looks like alarms are going off causing the man to run out of the room before the feed cuts off.

When it comes back it looks like the camera is in night vision mode and still in fast forward as a tall cloaked figure with a hood obscuring his face enters the room he goes straight to the chamber and attempts to open it with no success he then proceeds to ransack the room as if he was searching until he comes to a line of pokeballs on counter. He takes a ball and calls out its contents revealing a porygon. It looks like he is ordering it but it refuses prompting the cloaked figure to smash the pokeball and then use what looks like a styler in an attempt to restrain the mon. The mon resists and the cloaked figure takes it and smashes it against the ground until it is shattered into several pieces. This gruesome scene repeats for every ball until the last one in the row.

In the last ball is a smaller pokemon that just looks like a tiny porygon head with feet. This time the styler restrains the pokemon and he forces the pokemon to enter the computer he then appears to prod the computer several times with an electrical device until the door to the chamber opens, and the cloaked figure removes a tray of pokeballs and other containers from inside he then leaves the room and the video ends.

"I thought you were him you talked just like him" says the head at the end shivering with fear.

Orville responds on the radio "noted, and sorry for not checking in I'm not having a lot of luck up here not only was the wheel tied up like I said but the bolting was loosened and flyby wire was turned off the hydraulic back up was disconnected and despite fixing all that I still can't get anything to respond. Any luck reaching the engine room or something?"

Major
2012-12-24, 05:16 PM
"Sorry, got distracted. We got a crime scene down here and it's pretty bad. Lots of dead Porygon." Rebecca says softly. "I'll head to the engine room now."

Rebecca looks at Lea, "See if you can find out what was in the balls that the man stole. We'll need to stop this boat and get more rangers here, but the more we can get now the better." Rebecca states before heading towards where the engine room on the Magikarp II would be.

passinglurker
2012-12-24, 05:24 PM
Rebecca
Without Corton it is very dark, but you proceed down the hall in the direction the engine room should be with out anything bothering you. You come to the end of the hall where there is a closed reinforced door it does not appear to be locked. There is also a red box like what Orvill reach into earlier hanging on the wall.

Major
2012-12-24, 05:29 PM
Rebecca tries to open the door while making a motion for Sergio and Marina to be ready for anything.

passinglurker
2012-12-24, 05:35 PM
Rebecca
The door opens with a clank just like the one you heard earlier, and the door opens slowly revealing a dark open space this must be the cargo hold, but its to dark to see past a few meters let alone to the other side.

Marina sniffs the air and suddenly seems on edge.

Major
2012-12-24, 05:51 PM
Rebecca frowns as she sees Marina's reaction. She steps back and tenses up as she looks around. She reaches into the box, hoping it'd have that glow stick thing her fellow ranger had grabbed. If so, she activates however many there are and chucks them into the room, scattered around to illuminate as much of the room as she can.

passinglurker
2012-12-24, 06:00 PM
Rebecca
The glow stick does a good job illuminating the room you can make out that the room is empty except for the packages taped to the walls and ceiling with red binking LED's attached and a cloaked figure striding along an elevated catwalk towards a elevated door on the far side of the room. He pauses a moment to look at you before saying in a chillingly familiar voice "Hmph... Timing really is everything" its the voice of Captain Grille.he is over 30 meters away across the hold out of range this round

Major
2012-12-24, 06:36 PM
"You son of a bitch...Sergio! Stop him!" Rebecca says her eyes going wide, her voice a mix of surprise and anger. She grabbed her radio as she quickly ran across the room. It was time for revenge.

As she ran she quickly spoke into the radio, "Suspect is former Captain Grilles. I repeat, I have encountered former captain Grilles, pursuing him now."

Double shift for Rebecca so that's 12 overland.

Double move for Sergio, but stopping early. Let's get him 22 meters.

Double move for Marina so that's 12.

passinglurker
2012-12-24, 06:54 PM
Rebecca
In response he releases a pokemon onto the floor of the hold. The flash of light from the release illuminating a very large pokemon on two legs with rippling with powerful muscles, a head filled with teeth, its is face covered with horns, its skin is a mix of tough scales and leaves, and finally a long tail backed with sharp wood like spines running up its back. It appears feral and disturbed and upon seeing Sergio charging in its direction unleashes a powerful roar as Captain Grille disappears behind another door.
"BOOOOOSSSSSSSS!"Roar[roll0] vs.11

Lea
you hear Rebecca yelling down the hall followed by the roar of a female pokemon.
"BOOOOOSSSSSSSS!"

Major
2012-12-24, 07:26 PM
Rebecca curses as the powerful pokemon roars, forcing her to recall Sergio. He had been her fastest pokemon and best bet of catching up. She could tell this creature was strong based on the scouter she wore, but she scanned it quickly with her dex. It'd be good to get information for next time, but for now she needed to get past that thing and to Grilles before he escaped.

She looked up and grinned before tapping the pokeball to recall Marina and then pointing her styler up a floor and firing it off, using the grappling hook to fly up towards the second floor and then dashing towards the door.

She again speaks into the radio, "We got a strange hostile pokemon I've never seen, I scanned it and will send the information once my pokedex registers it. It's too strong and in the hold, I'm pursing Grilles so if you can, try to get to the engine room while avoiding the hold."

planswalker
2012-12-24, 07:39 PM
Lea will trust her ally to handle things for now. This poor porygon needed help.

"We are not that horrible man and we are here to help you. How many of you are left?"

passinglurker
2012-12-24, 07:56 PM
Lea
"little pory last one. little pory to small to say no" it responds still nervously twitching like crazy

Rebecca
The far wall is a bit out of reach but you notice that the cat walk extends along the right wall and you are able to get up on it easily with your coiler upgrade. As you run along the cat walk the mon on the floor gets its bearings and looks up at you hungrily. Suddenly as you reach the corner it shoots out a pair of thick vines and hauls its mass up onto the cat walk just as your dex returns...

ERROR: Missing No.
no data exists for this pokemon switching to information gathering mode...

The cat walk is a bit narrow for it so it is holding on with both arms and one leg with the other dangling over the railing. It now stands between you and the door Grille exited through, and it looks hungry.

planswalker
2012-12-24, 08:01 PM
"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. It must be so very lonely. Would you like to come with me? We'll treat you nicely and you'll have lots of friends to play with." Lea pauses. "Erm, well, can you come with us?"

Major
2012-12-24, 08:20 PM
"You...you're ****ting me?" Rebecca says blinking as the giant creature gets up on the catwalk. She debates hurling the styler hoping to do something, but doubts it would work. Still, she had to move fast and didn't have time to think. It was time to take a risk and she hoped she could move fast enough.

"Sunny," She said tapping the pokeball to release the small Leafeon, "Sand attack." She then pointed the styler at the roof slightly above and behind the pokemon and fired it trying to swing over the pokemon and then through the door.

Sand Attack
[roll0] vs 2

Then after sand attack trying to run past the pokemon with the styler to fly over it. Viva la grappling hook and drop.

Here is hoping sand attack and +6 evasion is enough >.> Obviously recall Leafeon after sand-attack.

passinglurker
2012-12-24, 08:33 PM
Lea
The mon looks about to answer but suddenly its shivering stops and it says almost robotically "ALERT EXPERIMENT 626 IS LOOSE IN CARGO HOLD!" the screen switches to footage of the hold showing Rebecca up against a large mon like the silhouette you saw earlier on a cat walk. Corton upon seeing this resumes wolf whistling at the screen.

Rebecca
Orville says over the radio "approaching the engine room entrance from the outside now"

The mon lashes out at you with its vines as you try and pass it.
grass, satk
[roll0] vs.2+evasion
[roll1]

Major
2012-12-24, 08:46 PM
Rebecca sees the fine swinging at her and cringes. I'm going to die! She thought as she tried to dodge the vines swinging at her. NO! I can't die before I get my revenge! She thinks. She pulls her legs up as high as they can go and feels the vines underneath her feet. She let's out a sigh of relief as she swings over the mon and runs for door, releasing Sergio and Marina as she exited.

"Find Grilles!" She said as she kept running trusting the pokemon to keep up.

Double shift for Rebecca, 12 overland again.
If it isn't obvious which way Grilles went here is tracker rolls.

Sergio
[roll0] vs 11

Marina
[roll1] vs 11

passinglurker
2012-12-24, 08:57 PM
Rebecca
Marina leads you through the ship following Grilles scent as you go you hear over your radio. "I see him! I'm pursuing! what the..." *Hyper beam noise**static* she leads you out of the rear superstructure, and on to the deck. There you see cloaked Grille standing on the rear of the boat with an arm stretched out towards the sea. Orville and his Mantine are laying on the deck unconscious, and badly wounded.

Major
2012-12-24, 09:11 PM
"You're mine," Rebecca says flicking out her knife. "You sure like betraying people. And here I thought I was the ex-criminal." She said as she pointed out her styler, "You aren't escaping this time. It's you and me." She said as she launched her styler's cord. He was probably planning something to escape, but if she could grab him now it'd be over. His styler was powerful, but no matter how strong if she could restrain him then her pokemon could beat him down.

"Sergio, keep an eye out for backup." She called as the rope launched. "Marina, water gun."

Rebecca:
-8 energy, wrap. 22/30
Accuracy: [roll0]
Duration: [roll1]
Initial damage: [roll2]
Damage on Grilles's turn: [roll3]

A Move with the Trap keyword prevents the target from fleeing. A Trapped target may not flee, and may not be recalled. A Trapped target may not move from the spot they were Trapped in. If the user of the Move with the Trap keyword faints, flees, or is recalled the Trapped target is freed.

Marina
Water Gun
[roll4] vs 2
[roll5]

passinglurker
2012-12-24, 09:42 PM
Rebecca
Despite taking both hits without even attempting to dodge he seems completely unphased, and now that your close enough to see some details you understand why. despite wearing a cloak and hood you can tell he is wearing bulky armor, you also notice in the faint light that his cloak clasp is a glossy black stylized "E", and finally you notice his styler in his out stretched arm.

Just then you hear the roar of a small plane as one passes closely overhead, and a feeling of deja vu comes over you as a smile escapes from beneath his hood, and he fires a rope from his styler at the passing plane.split second decision release? or have your second flying lesson?

Major
2012-12-24, 09:55 PM
Rebecca's eyes go wide as she realizes what he is doing. "Oh hell..." She mumbles as she realizes this was going to be a bumpy ride.

Split second+revenge in mind+stubborn=fly

passinglurker
2012-12-24, 10:10 PM
Rebecca
You and Grille are up and off the deck by the climbing plane. Marina jumps into the water and tries to follow. you can see the side of the plane open and a head pop out "WE GOT COMPANY!" shouts Grille at the plane. In response the planes starts to dive.

Major
2012-12-24, 10:40 PM
"Oh? What happened to friendly bonding?" Rebecca curses watching the plane lower. She bites her lip as she considers trying to climb up the rope to get closer to Grilles. However, she realized she was running out of time. She bit her lip and hooked the styler to her belt before grabbing with her other hand to hold onto the rope directly. Then, taking her knife, she began to cut below the part she grasped hoping to free her styler.

Once she had cut the styler she quickly switched to grappling mode and aimed at the plane and fired.

Dex check to work fast:
[roll0]

Come on Dice gods! Rule of cool! You can screw me during the aerial knife battle, just let me pull this off!

Picture for fun:

http://i46.tinypic.com/a0b2f4.png

passinglurker
2012-12-24, 10:53 PM
Rebecca
unfortunately your not fast enough and as the plane flies lower against the water you smack into the waves hard and loose your grip

damage from "fall"[roll0]

Major
2012-12-24, 11:11 PM
Sharp pain ripped through Rebecca's body as she hit the water and lost her grip. "NO!" She opened her mouth to yell before regretting it. She coughed up water as she struggled to keep above surface as her body grunted in pain. Quickly she looked at the plane as it flew away, before looking at the sun and calculating the direction. East. She thought before gasping and struggling to remain afloat while pressing the button to mark her location on her GPS. She'd get a map once she wasn't stuck trying to swim and try and figure out the closest island.

As she struggled to stay a float she quickly unhooked her rebreather and put it to her mouth with a curse. She'd have to change all the filters out now.

Able to breath and not have to struggle as much to stay a float, Rebecca relaxed and allowed her body to float so that she was on her back staying up. If she sunk, she had the rebreather to let her breath.

No longer needing to struggle, she quickly looked at her pokegear and her GPS as she tried to figure out the closest island and see how far the plane had flown her.

The fight had gone poorly. She had lost Grilles, had her cable upgrade damaged, and was beat to all hell. Half her pokemon were back at the boat and the only pokemon she had, she barely knew. Still, she was a survivor and a special operations member. She'd survive, get back to her pokemon, and find out where Grilles was. He might have won this round, but she'd get him eventually. Sure, he had defeated her both times they'd clashed, but he'd also never been able to kill her for good.

"Alright...let's get a move on..." She thought to herself as she looked around for any nearby islands, populated, or deserted to get some rest and get out of the water for a bit.

planswalker
2012-12-24, 11:29 PM
Lea
The mon looks about to answer but suddenly its shivering stops and it says almost robotically "ALERT EXPERIMENT 626 IS LOOSE IN CARGO HOLD!" the screen switches to footage of the hold showing Rebecca up against a large mon like the silhouette you saw earlier on a cat walk. Corton upon seeing this resumes wolf whistling at the screen.

"Corton, I know you're feeling urges, but I don't believe now is an appropriate time to express them."

As the battle unfolds and Corton sits there mesmerized with lust, Leah sighs, gives up, and calls out Blooma.

"Think you can guide our desperately longing friend here to get re-focused?" Blooma, who's always had a crush on the charming puffball who glows, will instead lure her pheremones in front of the cottonball and caress him with a leafy tendril. Before Lea knows it, the two have flown off to a corner at the ceiling to act out their urges.

"Protect me from the hormones of adolescent 'mons." Lea grumbles playfully. She didn't begrudge the two some fun and games in the least, but now was not exactly an appropriate time to "get it on".

Turning back to the porygon on the screen, Lea will ask, "So, apparently I now know what my companions want to do. What about you? What you want?" She does her best to ignore the rusting and excited squeaks coming from the ceiling.

[roll0]
[roll1]

passinglurker
2012-12-25, 12:31 AM
Rebecca
Your still in sight of Fornice assuming you don't radio your predicament to the rangers Marina will find you in about ten minutes.

Lea
Its shivering resumes "I... am alone... I... Hate scary black cloak man... I... want... want... want [searching]... FOUND: Revenge." Its shivering seems to have taken on a feeling of rage instead of nervousness.

Major
2012-12-25, 12:49 AM
Rebecca lets out a sigh and starts swimming towards the island since she didn't know Marina was coming to her.

passinglurker
2012-12-25, 01:03 AM
Zack
Your Tarzan maneuver has brought you to the docks in record time. You eventually even out paced mall street rumble and are now hanging from a vine above the scene. The Rangers, police, and security guards have cordoned off the area around where the boat is expected to crash there are pockets of protesters protesting along the borders of this area.

Lea
You notice the squeaking from you mons has stopped, and looking at where they were all you see is an empty corner and an open air vent. Also that corner of the room was where the opening in the chamber was pointing.

Then the mon in the computer says "uuuuh... isn't the boat crashing?"

Rebecca
Marina finds you but your still a ways from land

MintyNinja
2012-12-25, 01:05 AM
Zack half-slides and half-climbs down the building until he reaches ground level. He approaches the nearest authority figure he can find and says, "I'm a trainer. I'm volunteering to help in anyway I can."

passinglurker
2012-12-25, 01:20 AM
Zack
The ranger responds with "BACK OFF SIR! this area has been cordoned off for your safety only authorized people are allowed beyond this point" your not going to get any where with him. Just then a mall street rumble's golf cart pulls up and you hear the juggler say "see told you he would lead us to a crowd. You guys get set up I'm gonna scope the crowd out" When the rest of the performers run off the jugger goes to the back of the cart swaps his coat for a vest, his head band for a leather hat, and throws on a second belt laden with sheaths filled with knives. He then walks up to the ranger and says "Hello there I need access this should be sufficient" he says showing the man an image on an old pokedex. "yes of course gym l-""AHah no need to say it out loud we don't need the whole cluster knowing I'm here" he then points at you "and that young man is with me" the ranger then lets both you and the juggler past the "do not cross" line

MintyNinja
2012-12-25, 01:23 AM
"Uhm, yeah, I am," Zack says as he follows the Juggler. Once they're safely out of earshot he asks the man, "Gym Leader? On vacation are you? Honestly, it doesn't matter. What do you need me to do, sir?"

passinglurker
2012-12-25, 01:28 AM
Zack
"Vacation? Not exactly. What I need is to figure out whats going on preferably from sources that are not inclined to tell the truth to your face... How good are you at sneaking around and eavesdropping?" responds the juggler pulling his hat low.

MintyNinja
2012-12-25, 01:31 AM
"It's something of a specialty of mine, if I may say so. Who and where?" Zack replies with a smirk. He liked the way this gym leader operates.

passinglurker
2012-12-25, 01:39 AM
Zack
"Just find the guys in suits, and lab coats, and avoid being seen if you get in trouble it reflects badly on me for letting you in. I'll get the ones over there you get the ones near the edge of the market here is my number text me the important stuff" he then walks off. Despite his appearance he seems imbued with the power of inconspicuousness.

Major
2012-12-25, 01:39 AM
Rebecca begins the long trip back to land.

Let me know when I arrive :P

MintyNinja
2012-12-25, 01:44 AM
Zack nods and makes his own way towards his targets. Well, not exactly towards his targets, that would have been too obvious. Instead he meanders around, trying to look inconspicuous in his black pants and grey shirt. But how many 6'3 bald guys could there be? Despite this, he still attempts his best to overhear anything important.

Dex [roll0]
Wis [roll1]

planswalker
2012-12-25, 01:58 AM
Lea
Its shivering resumes "I... am alone... I... Hate scary black cloak man... I... want... want... want [searching]... FOUND: Revenge." Its shivering seems to have taken on a feeling of rage instead of nervousness.

"If you come with us, you can find your revenge."

[roll0]

At his comment about the ship crashing, she says, "... Um... yeah... I've gotta confess, I have no clue what to do to get it under control. Could you help me?"

passinglurker
2012-12-25, 09:44 AM
Zack
You find a man in a suit and glasses talking to a man in a white lab coat near a market stall filled with crates of fruit. Unfortunately one of the body guards makes his wis check. Fortunately he fails dex check and forgets his shades so you see him eyeing you before you get close enough to get in trouble, but your going to need to rethink your approach.

speaking of which you see a bald man in an apron waving his arms at the stall full of fruit while talking to a ranger who is shaking his head.

Lea
The mon thinks for a moment as it does images of Rebecca chasing the man in the cloak flash across the screen ending with the moment they are both pulled off the boat "I go with you guy's. We need to get to the engine room" the computer starts arcing electricity and in a flash of light the mon materializes on the key board. It doesn't look like a porygon exactly. He is smaller and less stable looking.

Nessa and Lucius
You finally arrive at the docks. Judging by the fact that people are packed against a do not cross line and not running for their lives you can assume that no ships filled with mutant pokemon has crashed into the dock yet. after a heated exchange between Dr. Denos, Mueki, and a ranger at the do not cross line you are all allowed through.

Once through you follow Dr. Denos and Mukei to a big guy with dusty hair and he quickly brings them up to speed.

"So whats the status of the boat?"
"Still heading towards the docks we are about 5-10 minutes from the point of no return depending on how the wind blows. Then there is no preventing the boat from crashing"
"Whats been done to try and stop it?"
"They sent a rider, a spec ops ranger, and a young trainer named Lea to the boat to investigate. The rangers had been receiving radio chatter from them about a saboutur on the boat, but we just lost contact"
"Do we know what will happen exactly if the boat crashes?"
"Until its confirmed the boat will crash for sure CinGen isn't giving details as to what to expect besides estimated property damage"

BluesEclipse
2012-12-26, 12:46 AM
Scowling, Lucius looks around for Zack. Not seeing the climber, he says, "You said Lea went out there? That means that Rebecca's probably one of the Rangers that went as well - it's the only reason I can think of that they'd let her go with them... what are the odds of getting us out there and still having time to stop this thing?"

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-26, 12:55 AM
Mew. How long did it take for two girls to get into trouble? Apparently not long. She hoped they'd be alright, but there was nothing she could do for them.

"I'm afraid I won't be much help until the boat crashes. I have no was of getting out there, and now way of slowing it down significantly."

passinglurker
2012-12-26, 01:09 AM
Rebecca
You hear the captains voice over the radio "Special Ops Agent Ranoue. what is your status?"

Lucius and Nessa
"Ah yes that was the spec ops rangers name unfortunately Some stupid rumors about the boat being filled with wild fossil Pokemon got spread around, and now the rangers have their hands full trying to keep all the trainers on the outside of the safety line those were the only ones they could spare for this. I'm afraid unless another rider can be freed from his duties quickly no one is going to get to the boat before it cross the point of no return. They are the rangers in the red shirts if you want to try and work something out with one of them."

Just then a man in a leather hat brushes past nessa "cough! excuse me" he says mumbling as he manders his way towards a cluster of men in suits

Nessa
After that guy in the leather hat almost knocked you over brushing past you. You realize there is a small folded note in your hand.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-26, 01:16 AM
Lucius nods, and says, "I'll see if I can get one of them to get us out there." With that, he makes his way over towards the nearest rider, attempting to get the individual's attention.

passinglurker
2012-12-26, 01:27 AM
Lucius
The nearest rider says "What? Can't you see I'm busy?" he then whips around and says "You back over the line!" and a young trainer ducks back under the "do not cross" tape.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-26, 01:32 AM
Lucius looks at the other trainers calmly before turning his attention back to the rider. "They've lost contact with the team sent out to the boat," he begins. "We still have a chance to stop it - I know my way around a ship better than most, but I need to get out there now. I was told you'd be able to get me and one of my crew out there to help the group already there."

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-26, 01:48 AM
Nessa unfolds her note, and silently reads it. If she feels Lucius needs to know any of the information, she relays it to him telepathically.

passinglurker
2012-12-26, 02:04 AM
Nessa
the note simply says
You have my word. If you need to you won't get caught.
-DS

p.s. this time

Lucius
"Who are you with? are you even supposed to be over the line?" responds the ranger suspititously

Major
2012-12-26, 02:06 AM
As Rebecca continued the long trip, grateful for the support of Marina she lifted the styler and clicked the radio, "I regret to inform you that both rangers are down, sir." She says cringing, "Ex-Captain Grilles shot Rider Orville with a hyperbeam and my attempts to detain him failed. I'm alive and conscious...barely...and trying to swim back to the boat. I hope Lea is able to stop the boat, because both of us are out of commission. Apologizes, sir."

BluesEclipse
2012-12-26, 02:19 AM
"I'm with them... Doctor Blake Denos and his friend Mueki were called in to assist by the powers that be, and requested our help." He gestures to the group as he speaks, indicating those he's with. "If I had my own way out there, I wouldn't be here right now. We only have a few minutes to stop that ship from crashing... are you going to help?"

Cha Check: [roll0]

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-26, 02:27 AM
Nessa sighs. That was nice of him, but she'd been without sleep for 16 hours, and her brain wouldn't be able to take any more strain from her powers after her little display earlier. Well, she needed to do something. She quickly heads over to where Lucius and the ranger are talking.

"I can cover for you. I'm a psychic with capable pokemon. And he" she points at her companion can manipulate the elements which might just get that boat stopped before it causes a whole lot of damage. It is your job to prevent that right?

Cha [roll0]

MintyNinja
2012-12-26, 03:44 AM
Zack gives up on the suits momentarily and changes course toward the bald man and the ranger. Once again he's attempting to just get the gist of the conversation. Hopefully the man's emphatic hand movements will help convey whatever words are lost over distance.

Dex [roll0]
Wis [roll1]

passinglurker
2012-12-26, 01:02 PM
Rebecca
"*muffled swearing* we will go over what happened later. Calling all riders is there anyone that can find some one to cover their spot we need to send another team to the boat Now!"

Lucius and Nessa
The rider doesn't look like he is buying it but then there is some muffled chatter over his radio promoting him to sigh "I'm on my way sir I was just made an offer by accouple of trainers who came in with the famous four" he says into his radio before calling out a feathered pokemon with a long neck. "ok if you cover my spot" he says to nessa "then I'll take you to the boat to help stop it, and this better not just be an attempt to chase those fossil pokemon rumors and get first pick." he says to Lucius as he mounts his bird.

Nessa
The name "famous four" sounds familiar like a book title you read or something. INT check to recall the information

Zack
you hear the following exchange...
"sir I'm not allowed to let you cross the line"
"But my stall is right there see? next to the guy in a lab coat piled high with fruit can't you at least pass the crates to me over the line?"
"sir I have to stand guard here and I don't know of anyone available who can be spared to do that for you"
"but if its on the inside of the line doesn't that mean the boat will crash into them? those are my lively hood!"
"*sigh* sir that doesn't change the fact that no one can be spared to retrieve your fruit and its "livelihood" not "lively hood""

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-26, 01:05 PM
Nessa took her position, and released Narwha and Lancelot. She sternly warned anybody away from the line who tried to approach. But something was bugging her. That name sounded so familiar, where had she heard it before? Middle School? She'd read books then.

int [roll0]

passinglurker
2012-12-26, 01:45 PM
Nessa
You recall a book you read by the title of...

The Famous Four: A tale from Dusk Island
By Minty Morgan III

It was a nonfictional thriller recounting the exploits of some trainers who got stranded on an island after a terrorist attack 20 years ago you don't remember all the details of the book but you remember the characters

Colin Brady: Stubborn as a rock, as subtle as a land slide, really liked dirt, and claimed to have a connection with the spirit of the earth

Blake Denos: A level headed healer who valued the health and safety of others above himself.

Dave Smithers: Initially confused about his future and a little paranoid he eventually seemed find his place chasing after and bringing down criminals, and conspiracies he also got way more paranoid.

Mueki Suifu: a breeder, a good cook, and a talented negotiator. she really opened up from the shy girl she started as towards the end of the bookI'll let you connect the dots
no one tries to cross the line this round

MintyNinja
2012-12-26, 06:47 PM
Zack sees the opportunity for what it is and approached the merchant's crates. While there he once again attempts to eavesdrop on the suits.

Dex [roll]1d20+6
Wis [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2012-12-26, 10:25 PM
Lucius nods and scans the bird as he climbs on behind the rider, saying, "I'll be frank with you. My biggest concern is that the last group that went out there contained two of the others in my crew - followed by stopping the ship itself. I'm not fond of fossil Pokemon anyway, to be honest."

planswalker
2012-12-26, 10:56 PM
Lea
The mon thinks for a moment as it does images of Rebecca chasing the man in the cloak flash across the screen ending with the moment they are both pulled off the boat "I go with you guy's. We need to get to the engine room" the computer starts arcing electricity and in a flash of light the mon materializes on the key board. It doesn't look like a porygon exactly. He is smaller and less stable looking.

"If you will lead the way to the engine room, sir Porygon." Lea says.

[roll0]

passinglurker
2012-12-26, 11:15 PM
Zack
you don't catch anything important... yet
"sir can you stop playing angry pidgey I need to brief you"
"I'm almost done egghead"
the stall is filled with so many crates its impossible to get them all in one go but when you bring the first stack of crates to the bald man he thanks you and gives you some money(^20 this time) and lends you his apron "you don't want to get fruit juice on your shirt"give me 5 dex and wis checks (one for each trip) each trip you approach unseen you get to learn something determined by your wis check. If you get caught you won't get in trouble now cause you have a cover story.

Lucius
After a minute of whirlwind speed flight you find yourself gliding above the boat. It is dark but you can see an unconscious body on the back of the boat and rebecca's jolteon sergio looking out at the sea.

Lea
The pokemon leads you down the hall to an open reinforced door. Without Corton it is now dark, but thankfully there is a lit glow stick laying on the ground and arms throw inside the next room. The pokemon looks the open door very nervously.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-26, 11:21 PM
Raising his hand, Lucius focuses, a golden glow filling his eyes as a ball of bright light forms in front of his hand, illuminating the area around him. Leaving the orb to hover at his shoulder, he says to the rider, "Check on him, I'm going to check the engine room first. The Jolteon is Rebecca's..." Turning to head towards the engine room of the ship, he releases Voltaire again and pulls out his Pokedex, tapping out a message to both Rebecca and Lea. -Arrived on ship. Where are you?-

planswalker
2012-12-26, 11:30 PM
Lea will summon Ash and have the little bug ride on her shoulder as the barefoot girl picks up the glowstick and advances down the corridor. "Don't worry, whatever comes out here, my friends and I will protect you." she says to the porygon reassuringly.

passinglurker
2012-12-26, 11:43 PM
Lucius
The ranger surprised by what you did just says "uh yeah I'll do that"

Sergio recognizing a familiar face trots along side. You come to an open door that says "engine room" entering it you find a room filled with running machinery.

Lea
As you enter the room it seems to be empty but just as you reach the glow stick...
wis check please

planswalker
2012-12-26, 11:46 PM
[roll0]Lea will reach down to pick up the glow stick... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA)

BluesEclipse
2012-12-26, 11:47 PM
Entering the room, Lucius quickly begins looking for any sort of shutdown mechanism, something that would stop the engines manually. "Hopefully we don't have to resort to breaking things..."

Forgot the Wis Check. It's a 16. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14434827&postcount=46)

passinglurker
2012-12-27, 01:07 AM
Lea
You look up into time to see the gaping jaws of a giant leafy reptile about to pounce on you! it lets go and drops from the ceiling at terrifying speed. If it doesn't crush you then surly its will rip you to pieces with its teeth, spines, and horns. time seems to stand still as what you expect to be the last moments of your life tick by you close you eyes unable to look, and then suddenly "vworp!" "thud!" "JUNG!" instead of being crushed by a giant female leaf lizard you find when you open your eyes laying prone in front of you as if he had just fell flat on his face a male leaf lizard.

Some where down the hall an alarm is going off.

Its starts to get up you have surprise.

Lucius
You find the main control console but it appears to be without power at the moment unlike the engines.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-27, 01:13 AM
Lucius looks for a moment, before saying, "Sergio, Voltaire, see if you can give this thing some power. If it works, we can shut down the engines easily enough." Voltaire nods, and releases a mild current of electricity into the console.

Zapper check for Voltaire: [roll0] v 13 - I'm assuming this would follow the same check as recharging something, and am using the appropriate rules under the Zapper capability.

planswalker
2012-12-27, 01:15 AM
Recalling how agressive it was as a female, Lea won't give it a chance to recover before starting her attack. She has Ash give him an ember or two to smolder on.

[roll0]
[roll1]

passinglurker
2012-12-27, 01:27 AM
Lucius
The little bird tries, but can't quiet squeeze out enough. Sergio then tries.zapper[roll0] vs. 13
The console comes to life for a moment and these settings are displayed
rudder angle: 0
throttle: 100%
gear: [D] R N
Sergio can't keep this up you have time to change one setting
Lea
While it looks hurt it doesn't look as hurt as most grass types should be from such an attack. It responds by trying to bite at ash with its jaws.dark, atk
[roll1] vs.2 flinch on 15+
[roll2]

BluesEclipse
2012-12-27, 01:47 AM
Lucius quickly throws the throttle down to 0%, watching the engines to make sure they're stopping. "That should buy us some time... nicely done, Sergio. Now we need to actually stop the ship... If this was down, the main controls will probably be down as well, though." After a moment, he will return to the deck to look for the rider that accompanied him here.

MintyNinja
2012-12-27, 04:48 AM
Zack keeps up the act, gratefully accepting the apron to keep his clothing clean.

Dex [roll0]
Wis [roll1]

Dex [roll2]
Wis [roll3]

Dex [roll4]
Wis [roll5]

Dex [roll6]
Wis [roll7]

Dex [roll8]
Wis [roll9]

Major
2012-12-27, 08:31 AM
Rebecca keeps up the swimming with Marina as she types back with her pokedex, "Swimming back to boat. Be careful, very powerful, very deadly pokemon in the hold."

passinglurker
2012-12-27, 04:47 PM
Zack
you learned...
first trip
"the first thing you need to know about is the trans-"
"wait hold up some one is coming wait until they pass by"
second trip
"Sir we must be open to the possibility that this isn't some accident. Especially considering that trans-I mean "you know what" experiments were being conducted on that ship "
"what would that have to do with anything?"
"Sir if you recall a little while back who CinGen was approached by "you know who" wanting to fund "you know what" experiments"
"yes and we turned them down beca-wait hold up someone just came out of the fruit stall funny I don't remember seeing him go in"
third trip
"-but yeah I can see how a group with the word "team" in their name can take something that is just business the wrong way"
forth trip
"really I'm primarily concerned about the specimen from experiment 626 getting loose"
"oh you mean the little guy with the bad aim we were bringing here to show off the viability of the lost world habitat theory? we restrained it in a cage instead of a ball to make it easier to re release him back into the wild right?"
"little guy? sir we selected a large starving matriarch that had grown to fast for the habitat to sustain. We had to have it captured remember?"
"nope I was at the meeting we definitely went with the little guy"
fifth trip
"ok I don't think that fruit merchant is coming back can you please explain to me what you meant by "you know what" experiments?"
"*sigh* the controversial Trans-Memory theory it that instead of a divided multiverse all of reality instead invisibly shifts between different possible configurations that go largely unnoticed because as the shifts occur and reality is rewritten so is the observers memory so-" "Sir the ship is slowing down!"
"ok briefing over"
the suit guys and body guards leave.

after you give the apron back the merchant pays you ^200 for doing the whole job.

Lucius
the rider meets you at the door "Ok Orville is stable and I'm guessing by the fact that I don't hear the props anymore that you did something to slow the ship down? did you find your crew?"

BluesEclipse
2012-12-27, 04:57 PM
"Engines are stopped. Haven't found Lea, but Rebecca's out at sea, swimming back. Apparently there's some powerful Pokemon in the hold, though - you go check that out, I'm going to try and drop the anchor." With that, he heads off to look for any type of controls or mechanisms that would release the anchor.

Wis Check: [roll0]

passinglurker
2012-12-27, 05:07 PM
Lucius
*sigh* "well I guess I don't wear a red shirt for nothing" says the rider as he descends into the ship

Anchors are usually on the front of boats. Heading there the first thing you find for controlling the anchor is the mechanized coil of anchor chain itself. There is a big motor for winching the anchor up, and a ratcheting mechanism that holds the anchor up against the force of gravity. It appears that the cog, and ratchet tooth have been hastily welded together in an act of sabotage, but the weld again looks hasty and weak.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-27, 05:13 PM
Lucius examines the mechanism carefully before nodding to himself. "I suppose we'll need to break this open..." Focusing, he points an open palm at the weld, and his eyes glow a deep blue as he creates a beam of water as powerful and narrow as possible to try and break apart the welded mechanisms and release the anchor.

Using Fountain capability, trying to get a powerful, narrow jet of water to break it apart.
CON check for power: [roll0]
WIS check for precision: [roll1]

passinglurker
2012-12-27, 05:17 PM
Lucius
You spend a minute blasting with no sign of luck. You don't know how much you slowed the ship down but if it was still at full throttle you would have 7 minutes tops till the point of no return.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-27, 05:43 PM
Thinking quickly, Lucius releases Tundra and says, "Tundra, I need you to try and freeze this mechanism, then try and snap it open. Hopefully we can make it fragile enough to break." As he does this, Lucius will look around to see if there's anything that might help to break it apart - a piece of wood, a metal pipe, anything that could be used as a decent bludgeon. Tundra will begin chilling the part indicated, right around where the weld is, and once it is iced over slightly, he'll try and smash it.

Random 1d20 roll for Tundra(not sure what modifiers would apply here, but Tundra's got Power 3) - [roll0]
Wis Check to find a bludgeon - [roll1]

MintyNinja
2012-12-27, 05:52 PM
Zack returns the apron to the fruit merchant and hastily texts the gym leader he was working with, -Large, rampaging, Matriarch on board. Considered Wild, never been in pokeball, cages only. Also they were discussing Trans-Memory. What do I do now?-

passinglurker
2012-12-27, 06:03 PM
Lucius
Looking behind you you see bolted against the wall is a small box with a glass door. Writing on the small glass door reads...

In case of all Trubbish breaking loose
break glass

After breaking the glass with the small hammer chained to the side of the box you reach inside and pull out a even bigger hammer with the word "Mjolnir" engraved on the side. You feel even a child can bust that crappy weld with a hammer like this assuming they can lift it, and you definitely can lift it.

one mighty swing later the weld breaks and the anchor falls into the sea, and starts dragging along the sea bottom trying to find something to get stuck to and halt the ship.

Zack
-what did they say about Tran-Memory?- is the mans mysterious responce

MintyNinja
2012-12-27, 06:07 PM
-You wanna tell me how that will stop the crash?- Zack responds quickly. He takes a few steps and then reconsiders his attitude, -I didn't get much. Trans-Memory is apparently something to do with a shifting multiverse theory. Words I don't actually understand.-

BluesEclipse
2012-12-27, 06:10 PM
Nodding, Lucius keeps the hammer with him as he heads back down into the ship, looking for the rider who accompanied him there. As he does, he taps out a message to the others. -Engines stopped, anchor down. Still looking for Lea. One injured ranger aboard ship - have medics ready.-

passinglurker
2012-12-27, 06:37 PM
Zack
-I'm More concerned with WHY the boat is crashing regardless of if it does this will just happen again unless that is understood.-

-What trans-memory IS isn't important. what IS important is WHY they are talking about it. they wouldn't waste time chatting about random technobabble unless it had something to do with what is going on-

Luciusyour paused till plans finishes in the hold

MintyNinja
2012-12-27, 06:43 PM
Zack goes over the message he received from Lucius before replying to the mysterious man, -Sounds like the engines are stopped, anchor cast. There's one injured Ranger on board and at least two of my crewmates. Perhaps the Trans-Memory mystery will be solved on the ship. Maybe we should find a way to get on board to help them and solve that little question for you-

passinglurker
2012-12-27, 06:58 PM
Zack
-the crowd on the ship isn't big enough I'd wind up blowing cover to get there.-

MintyNinja
2012-12-27, 07:00 PM
-So we just wait here? React over prevent? Has that worked well for you in the past?-

passinglurker
2012-12-27, 07:18 PM
Zack
-Intel is useless if your enemy knows you know it. Our cover is the most valuable thing people like you and me have once that is lost you would be powerless to prevent worse calamities that follow. So I recommend you don't lecture me on learning from the past-

MintyNinja
2012-12-27, 07:22 PM
Who in the hell was this guy? A gym leader, show some respect. Right. Zack takes a few deep breaths and then replies to the mystery man, -Right. My apologies. What do I do next?-

passinglurker
2012-12-27, 07:59 PM
Zack
-You've done your job well you should catch up with your friends-

planswalker
2012-12-27, 10:52 PM
Lucius
The little bird tries, but can't quiet squeeze out enough. Sergio then tries.zapper[roll0] vs. 13
The console comes to life for a moment and these settings are displayed
rudder angle: 0
throttle: 100%
gear: [D] R N
Sergio can't keep this up you have time to change one setting
Lea
While it looks hurt it doesn't look as hurt as most grass types should be from such an attack. It responds by trying to bite at ash with its jaws.dark, atk
[roll1] vs.2 flinch on 15+
[roll2]

Apparently, this dinosaur bites hard, as Ash flinches from the blow.

passinglurker
2012-12-27, 10:59 PM
Lea
and the dino keeps it up and bites down on ash again
dark, atk
[roll0] vs.2 flinches 15+
[roll1]

planswalker
2012-12-27, 11:10 PM
Getting desperate, Lea turns to her Porygon Jr. companion and says, "Mind helping me distract this thing long enough to save Ash? A tackle to cover for him would be great."

Lea will recall Ash as her ally strikes the dinosaur.

[roll0]\
[roll1]

passinglurker
2012-12-27, 11:20 PM
Lea
It misses but the dino notices and goes for the porygon instead
Dark, atk
[roll0] vs2 flinches 15+
[roll1]
You then hear a knocking about, and squeaking coming form the vent and moments later Blooma and Corton come crashing through. Its apparent that the consequences of their desire for privacy has spoiled their mood for reproduction.

planswalker
2012-12-27, 11:41 PM
Getting desperate, Lea will send out Carmon and have her tackle the thing.

[roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT: After watching her two wayward puffballs return, Lea will say, "About time you two got back here. Corton, you ready to help me catch us a new friend for Carmon?"

passinglurker
2012-12-27, 11:47 PM
Lea
Carmen with power of a bigger dinosaur hits the lizard hard knocking it out.

planswalker
2012-12-27, 11:50 PM
"Argh, too late, Corton!" Lea chucks her save ball, hoping for the best.

[roll0]

passinglurker
2012-12-28, 12:01 AM
Lea
The Superior craftsmanship of apricorn smiths shine through and Ding! the dino is caught.lvl10, jungrowl, male you then a hear a voice from the other side of the hold "are you lea?" you see there another rider this time followed by a fearow.

planswalker
2012-12-28, 12:09 AM
Lea will pick up the ball with glee and put it on her belt.

"Congratulations, Carmon, we just caught you a boyfriend!" She recalls the tropius and turns to her two long-time companions who decided that running off on the middle of a wayward ship a good idea. "As for you two, next time keep it together until AFTER we get back to our ship." Looking sufficiently chastised, Lea will then recall Blooma and have Corton shrink and glow and rest on her shoulder.

Turning to the porygon, she says, "Thank you for stepping in and helping back there. You probably saved Ash's life. I am in your debt."

Lea then notices the person who spoke out. "Oh? Yes, sorry, I am Lea. Had to deal with some obedience issues among my team first. You the cavalry come to help us out?"

passinglurker
2012-12-28, 12:16 AM
Lea
"yeah I'm the ride back. Your captain is here too working on stopping the boat once and for all. Do you know anything about patching people up? I got a ranger by the back of the boat who needs some attention" he says

planswalker
2012-12-28, 12:18 AM
"I've got some basic skills, but I'm no medic. Still, I can at least get him stable so he won't be in any immediate danger. Might even be able to revive him if we're lucky."

passinglurker
2012-12-28, 12:21 AM
Lea
"well come anyway if anything a pretty face will give him a reason to get well faster" jokes the rider

planswalker
2012-12-28, 12:22 AM
"Sounds good." Lea will approach the man and follow him.

passinglurker
2012-12-28, 12:37 AM
Lea
As you reach the door the boat suddenly shudders, groans, and lurches to an almost stop throwing you off your feet. Just then you notice all the blinking lights that were lining the walls of the hold light up in sync and tone audibly "AH TRUB RUN!" the rider pulls you to your feet and starts pushing you down the hall.

Nessa
"so this was boring you hungry? I got a coupon to a salad bar in town" pipes up steven as a rumor that the boat isn't crashing anymore starts to spread causing a good chunk of the crowd to disperse.

Zack
you find Nessa watching a do not cross line

Lucius
it works! The anchor is bringing the boat to a sudden painful sounding stop!

Rebecca
your finally getting close to the boat it looks like some one dropped the anchor.

planswalker
2012-12-28, 12:39 AM
Lea, finally catching on to the danger, tells Corton to hang on and grabs the porygon under her arm and runs for it.

Major
2012-12-28, 12:41 AM
Rebecca grabs the anchor chain and tries to climb up and into the boat. She would need to dry her clothes but she was alive at least. Injured and having failed to stop Grilles, but she was alive.

MintyNinja
2012-12-28, 12:42 AM
Zack approaches Nessa and assists her in keeping watch. Maybe the boat wouldn't crash and this would all work out.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-28, 12:45 AM
Lucius grabs hold of the nearest railing, knowing that this stop might be a bit rough.

passinglurker
2012-12-28, 12:52 AM
Lea
as you guys run out on to the deck the ranger pulls Orville over his shoulder and says "NO TIME TO MOUNT JUST JUMP!" then the bombs go off...

Everyone
you all hear a loud...

"BOOM!"

as fire guts the ship and shock waves blow out all the doors and port holes

Lea and Lucius
you are thrown from the deck into the water
damage:[roll0]

Rebecca
before you get that close you see a bunch of people jump off the boat as it is rocked by explosions.

Zack and Nessa
Steven does a duck and cover, and says "Zack please tell me that was your charmander"

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-28, 12:54 AM
"Sure. I could use a good meal." She silently sighed her relief. They were lucky that the boat hadn't crashed. Hopefully they were all ok, but she couldn't do anything for them at the moment.

Nessa returns her pokemon and sends a text to the others telling them where she was going. After that, she followed Steven to the salad restaurant. A good vegetarian restaurant would be good for her, and possibly Willow too.

And then, just when she thought things would get normal, the boat exploded. What the muk! All she wanted was a nice normal dinner. In fact, she was half tempted to ignore it, pick up Steven, and go eat. But she didn't. "Never mind Steven, I think I need another dose of crazy before I could possibly stomach normal food."

She released Narwha into the water and Claw to the sky to search for any injured parties, and scanned the ocean herself.

Wis1d20 EDIT (again) rolled 8 in OOC

BluesEclipse
2012-12-28, 12:55 AM
Lucius quickly surfaces, looking around for any sign of the others on the boat. "It's stopped, at least..." he mutters to himself, looking at the burning wreck of a ship briefly.

MintyNinja
2012-12-28, 12:55 AM
Zack turns to face the explosion, the shockwave knocking him back a step. To Steven he responds with a hasty shake of his head. He abandons the line with Nessa and runs to the shore, eyes searching for swimmers.

Wisdom [roll0]

planswalker
2012-12-28, 01:01 AM
Lea will surface and have Corton inflate himself to help her float.

"You okay, Porygon Jr?"

passinglurker
2012-12-28, 01:32 AM
Lea
In response to your question the text to speech voice of your pokedex says "yes"

Zack and Nessa
"Right time to be serious" Steven runs with you to the waterside. you see silhouetted against the burning sinking wreck 5 people one of which is being supported by another. Just then Collin charges past you releases three dragon like pokemon (two flyers, and a big brown, and blue sea serpent) hops on the serpents back and rides out.

Lucius
you hear a distorted feminine voice in your head well that was foolish of you

MintyNinja
2012-12-28, 01:36 AM
Zack swings his dex in an arc, trying to scan all three mons before they take off. When he comes closer he tries to help carry anyone that needs it. He also asks those on the beach, "Everyone accounted for?"

Major
2012-12-28, 12:42 PM
Rebecca blinks as the boat explodes and everyone jumps into the water, "Enjoying the swim?" She asks.

passinglurker
2012-12-28, 01:02 PM
Everyone
nameless riders Fearow picks up unconscious Orville out of the water and starts flying him towards land

Lea
upon hearing Rebecca's voice the porygon leaves your pokedex and floats over to Rebecca

Rebecca
Maraina leads you over to Sergio who is treading in the water

Then the little porygon from earlier floats over, and after "entering" your styler types a message on its screen.
-You chased scary black cloak man. Why?-

Zack
the scan returns as Garaydos, Flygon, and Garchomp

Major
2012-12-28, 01:42 PM
Rebecca quickly recalls Sergio to make it easier for him in the water and looks down at her styler. As she reads the message, she looks up and replies, "That man is my arch-enemy. He tried to kill me a while back and I've been hunting him for quite some time. He escaped, but once I get back to land I might have a lead on him. Just gotta get a hold of some maps."

passinglurker
2012-12-28, 06:30 PM
Rebecca
It types...
-I want to hunt scary black cloak man too. I want to go with you. I want to see scary black cloak man pay.-
In responce

CosmicOccurence
2012-12-28, 07:31 PM
Seeing everything was under control, Nessa called back her pokemon. If Steven was still willing, she headed off to have lunch.

passinglurker
2012-12-28, 09:02 PM
Nessa
"uh shouldn't we see if everyone is alright first or call or something? I mean I like efficient use of time as much as the next brainy person but It would seem a bit callous to just walk off."

Zack
The Fearow drops an unconscious ranger at your feet and turns around to retrieve another swimmer.

Dr. Denos then walks over and says as he starts treating the ranger "Hmmm it must still be in training. Normally they are supposed to drop wounded at the feet of people that look like healers... so I see you met Dave"

Lea
Before long Collin riding a brown and blue Garaydos shows up and offers you his hand to pull you out of the water. "I feel I should apologize for encouraging you to go" he says once your out of the water

Major
2012-12-28, 09:08 PM
I begin my trip home tomorrow so after tonight I won't be on much till late tomorrow

"You sure? He's a very dangerous and deadly man." Rebecca says to the pokemon, she didn't want to deter the pokemon, but she didn't want the pokemon to make a rash choice.

BluesEclipse
2012-12-28, 09:09 PM
Lucius watches as the ranger is flown off, concerned by the voice that just echoed through his head. The boat stopped, without causing any serious harm to anyone. Just who are you, anyway?

passinglurker
2012-12-28, 09:23 PM
Lucius
You knew the boat was sabotaged the next logical conclusion was that it would be booby trapped as well. Somebody namely yourself could have been killed had a better trap been laid. Really if you going to make mistakes like this your going to make my job much harder. responds the voice

Rebecca
-Scary black cloak man kill big pory's, scary black cloak man blow up home, scary black cloak man made me alone. I... want... revenge.-

BluesEclipse
2012-12-28, 09:28 PM
Your job? What job? Who are you? Lucius mentally calls back to the voice, anger tinting his thoughts at the implication that he should've let the boat hit shore. Tell me who you are!

MintyNinja
2012-12-28, 09:28 PM
Zack looks up to the Doctor as they lay the ranger down on the beach. "Is that his name? I know him as the Juggler from Mall Street Rumble. And it sounds like he's also a Gym Leader? Where's that Gym?"

Major
2012-12-28, 09:38 PM
"Very well," Rebecca says with a nod, "You can come with me then and we'll try and find him. Honestly with your abilities it'll probably make it easier to track him. I have the direction he went and the direction I lost him, if we work together we should be able to guess his most likely destination by creating a line."