PDA

View Full Version : The Monster Hunter (PF Base Class PEACH) (SERIOUS WIP)

Jadev
2012-11-10, 10:03 PM
Oh lord, I can't believe I'm doing this. Gah.

Aaaanyways.

From the title, I guess you figured out this is an attempt to take a Hunter from the Monster Hunter video game series and make him into a class.

I don't know what came over me.

Anyways, I have a bit of this started but I need some time to find it, so here's what I can remember

HD: 1d10
BAB: 1/lvl
Saves: Fort & Reflex good, Will bad
Skills: 4 + Intelligence modifier / level
Class Skills: Monster Hunters have access to the following Skills: Acrobatics, Climb, Craft, Heal, Intimidate, Kn: Nature, Kn: Geography, Perception, Survival, and Swim.
Class Features
All of the following are class features of the Monster Hunter
Weapon Proficiency
All Monster Hunters are proficient with all Simple and Martial weapons, and are also proficient with two of the following: Hunter's Sword, Hunter's Blades, Hunter's Bow, Bowgun, Switchaxe, Hunter's Lonsword, Hunter's Greatsword, Hunter's Lance, Gunlance, Hunter's Hammer, and Hunting Horn.
(These will be posted at a later time)
Tremendous Strength
All Monster Hunters have a strength above the average human, even it it only applies to hefting about their huge weaponry. All Hunters can wield equipment meant for one size larger than they are while only taking a -3 penalty to hit.
Hunter's Craft
All Hunters tend to make and maintain their own Armor and Weapons, at least to some degree. At first level, a Hunter picks a type of hunter weapon and gains a +1/2 bonus for making weapons of that type, and they may use materials they find in order to upgrade their current weaponry as well, gaining effects per the GM's approval.

Tell me what you guys think so far. I will later be adding Felyne/Mewlynx/Shakalaka companions, bomb-making, and other things every good Hunter needs.

Hazzardevil
2012-11-11, 11:49 AM
First of all, only taking a -3 penalty rather than a -4 penalty on using large sized weapons isn't enough to persuade someone to use a large weapon.

Also, you need more precise rules on what hunter's craft does, right now it gives no outline on what you do with it.

Thirdly, you ought to look in the stickies on setting up a table.

Arcanist
2012-11-11, 02:08 PM
First of all, only taking a -3 penalty rather than a -4 penalty on using large sized weapons isn't enough to persuade someone to use a large weapon.

Agreed. Just remove the whole damn penalty if you really want it to be any benefit at all. :smalltongue: