PDA

View Full Version : PTA - The Future of Kanto (IC)



Pages : [1] 2

Lejosh
2012-11-14, 02:02 AM
Melody
The boat rocked back and forth on the waves on the early morning surf. You had decided to book passed on the ferry in the early morning so you could hopefully get to the professors lab early.

There were many flying Pokemon around the beach and docks that could be seen from the boat. No doubt trying to get a fish to eat from the fishermen who came back early in the morning. There were very few Pokemon in the water at this time of morning and because of this most people couldn't care less about the waters around the boat so long as they weren't flying over the sides of the boat.

The ship pulled into port at 6:00 am and even from the dock you could see it was a small town, only 15 or so houses, a Poke Center and the famous Oak laboratory, your destination. From the front of the boat and at the disembarkation ramp you could see the hero Red's statue in the middle of the town to symbolize where he began his journey as a trainer just over 80 years ago. His statue stands with his first Pokemon, Poliwrath next to him. His arm is pointed towards the bay with the other hand rested on his hip. He is surrounded by a small pond and a flow of water flies into it from the Poliwrath statues mouth.

Herbert
Your alarm goes off at 6:00 am, waking you up with a small jump and probably both of your foster parents as well as their 2 year old daughter. And to be expected, as soon as the alarm stops you can hear the baby begin to cry.

Through your window you can see the sun is already partly risen and the light is coming through as a small flock of Wingull fly past your window so your room goes light, dark, light, dark, etc. until they have all gone.

Alexis
Your alarm goes off at 6:00 am, waking you and probably would have woken your mother as well if she hadn't already left for work today.

Outside of your window you can see a small Pidgey on the window cill wanting a feeding as it pecks at the plaster holding to window in place.

planswalker
2012-11-14, 02:09 AM
Herbert rouses and gets ready. Today was the big day! He rushes through his morning routine.

Dragonsage
2012-11-14, 03:25 AM
Melody's legs still felt somewhat wobbly as the boat pulled into port, a combination of not having sea legs and freshly waking up. After waking herself up completely with a splash of water to her face, she makes her way to the bow of the ship. "Oh, such a small town." The sea breeze creased across her face and made her untied hair lift up for a few moments while she took in the view and savored the moment. "Humble beginnings." She smiled as tied her hair into a tail with a bow before she gathered up her things and departed from the ship.

She was grateful to be back on land when arrived on the docks, not that the trip had been a bad experience but she couldn't help to think that ship life has been exaggerated and a bit over romanticized. Perhaps it was an 'acquired taste' and maybe she'd could learn to enjoy the sea like the sailors seem to.

Her thoughts trailed off for a while until her eyes were fixed upon Red's statue. 'So, i am really in Red's home town.' She marveled at the statue. 'Locals must have a strong sense of pride.' She nodded to the statue before she continued onwards into pallet town heading towards the laboratory she saw from the ship, excited to begin her journey as a trainer.

Shadow Blade
2012-11-14, 05:15 AM
Alexis slowly stumbles out of bed, walking over to the window in her old sleeping tshirt that was easily three sizes too big. With a quick flick, the lock opens and she slides the window open, looking at the pidgey with a long sigh. "You know, I do have a working alarm. You don't need to wake me every morning." A small smirk crosses her face as she teases the small Pidgey while she holds out a handful of birdseed that she keeps in a jar on her desk.

As the Pidgey eats out of her hand, she glances around the small quiet town as the sun starts rising on it. A big smile crosses her face as she realizes what day it is. "It's day one Kit. You think I got a shot at getting my own statue in the middle of the town?" The Pidgey almost immediately finishes the seed and flies away without a peep as she finishes her question. "Yeah, you and Dad seem to think the same thing about me being a trainer..."

With the quick gloom of the rejection from Pidgey passed, Alexis runs around the house wildly, getting cleaned up and dressed while tidying up a bit as she's at it. Twenty after six, and she bolts through the door, zipping up her hoodie and straitening her hat with her toast hanging from her mouth, rushing to Oak's lab.

Lejosh
2012-11-14, 01:56 PM
Herbert
As you go through your morning routine you see a few people heading towards the Oak laboratory. Only a handful but enough to peak your interest. One who had 3 Poke balls hanging from his hip. A girl who looked so excited she was half skipping towards the lab and a second girl who was eating toast as she walked.

Melody
As you clear the crowd of people leaving the dock and begin to head towards the lab you can see 2 other people already walking there. One seems to already have 3 Poke balls hanging from his hip and a girl who seems to be wearing a hat to big for her and eating some toast. You can't really tell whether the girl is disorganized or just in a rush.

Alexis
As you continue to eat your toast and head towards the laboratory you notice the 2 other people who look at you before turning back to where they are heading. One seems to already have 3 Poke balls hanging from his hip and a girl who seemed to be so excited to begin her journey that she was half skipping towards the lab

planswalker
2012-11-14, 01:57 PM
Curious, Herbert will follow them to the Professor's place.

Dragonsage
2012-11-14, 03:05 PM
'Wonder if they're going to start their own journeys today as well?' Melody thought until she saw one of them already had some pokeballs hanging from his waist. 'Or not? She shrugged before continuing along, thinking that answers would come to her when she reached the lab.

Milo v3
2012-11-14, 04:50 PM
These must be the others the Professor was talking about. Hopefully this won't take too long.
Yarrow continued into the lab.

Lejosh
2012-11-14, 07:20 PM
Melody and Herbert
As you walk closer to the lab you can see a pink leaved tree sitting on a small mound of dirt. Next to it is a small sign saying In memoery of Saur. May his tree live forever.
Next to the tree is the door of the lab which is sitting slightly open and from inside you can hear a man arguing with what sounds like a deeper and slightly distored voice although you can't make out what they are saying.

Yarrow
As you get closer to the lab you get an even better look at the other 2 people there and make note of it.
The door of the lab sitting slightly open and from inside you can hear a man arguing with what sounds like a deeper and slightly distored voice although you can't make out what they are saying.

Milo v3
2012-11-14, 07:40 PM
Curious, but cautious. I extend the range of my telepathy, trying to identify the people in the lab.

Shadow Blade
2012-11-14, 09:32 PM
Alexis chokes down the rest of her toast as she catches up with the others, walking up close to the group and the door.

planswalker
2012-11-14, 10:46 PM
Herbert will knock and stick his head in. "Hello? Someone there?"

Lejosh
2012-11-15, 12:02 AM
Alexis
As you walk closer to the lab you can see a pink leaved tree sitting on a small mound of dirt. Next to it is a small sign saying In memory of Saur. May his tree live forever.
Next to the tree is the door of the lab which is sitting slightly open and from inside you can hear a man arguing with what sounds like a deeper and slightly distorted voice although you can't make out what they are saying.

Yarrow
As you try to reach into the room telepathically you are immediately hit with a strong physic force that pushes you back from the door. You can tell that who ever in there must be a very powerful physic to be able to do that to you.

Herbert
As you look inside the door there are 2 figures in the dark room that has only 1 light on. Because of the light you can see a man who is wearing a white scientist's coat, a white top, white pants and white shoes. The other figure is to dark to see, but you can tell he only has 3 fingers and is horribly misshapen to the point of having huge hips with animal like legs and a tail of some sort.

Who goes there? Asks the slightly distorted voice to all of you but you can't tell which one of them is talking.

planswalker
2012-11-15, 12:12 AM
"Um, Herbert here. I think I was called here by the professor?"

Milo v3
2012-11-15, 12:24 AM
Yarrow was confused.
Why would such a powerful psychic be here? Especially one which can not only detect other psychics, but resist telepathy.

Noticing that a Kantoan was looking into the lab.
"What can you see?"

Dragonsage
2012-11-15, 12:36 AM
Melody was curious as what was going on but decided to ask about what was going on. "I-i've come from Vermillion." She announced sheepishly. "My mother told me coming here would help me start my journey." She then looked at the other who seemed to be as curious as her. "Di...did we come at a bad time?"

Lejosh
2012-11-15, 03:19 AM
The creature waved you all inside saying "No, now is a perfect time. The professor here was just telling me that he was getting a group together to go on a new journey and I was saying how I would love to meet you all before you leave"

The professor waves his hands too saying "Come in and meet an old friend of my family and Red's as well."

Milo v3
2012-11-15, 03:23 AM
Yarrow strided in, eager to see the psionically talented individual.

planswalker
2012-11-15, 08:18 AM
Herby walks in, glad to know he isn't in the wrong place.

"Herby here."

Shadow Blade
2012-11-15, 12:47 PM
Alexis walks in behind the group, wiping the few last crumbs from her mouth with her thumb before walking into view of the door. She stands behind the rest of the group, not wanting to interrupt anything as she tries to take in as much as she can about the lab and the two figures.

Dragonsage
2012-11-15, 02:27 PM
"Suzuki Melody," She formally introduced herself as she stepped into the lab, curious of the mysterious guest.

Lejosh
2012-11-15, 05:17 PM
As you all walk in the strange figure waves an arm and all of the lights in the room turn on. Now you can see that the figure seems to have the body more of a Pokemon than that of a man.

"This is Mewtwo. Now as you all know most Pokemon are actually, for lack of better wording, stupid. Now some have a higher intelligence such as physic types and some others, but Mewtwo here is something different. His intelligence surpasses that of even most humans. Because of this he walks around like one of us nowadays, talking to people and having a life. He even owns a house..." The Professor said walking over to the group, droning on about ore facts about Mewtwo

"I believe Luke, that they are here to start their journey's, not hear about how I was created and what I do with my life." Mewtwo interrupted touching his shoulder lightly.

"Hmmm. Oh yes, I'm sorry. Come over here please and we can get you all started on your journey's." Said the Professor waving you all over to a nearby machine.


Yarrow
You remember the machine from yesterday, it's the same one the professor was working on.

Milo v3
2012-11-15, 05:23 PM
Yarrow followed Luke's signal and swiftly moved closer to the apparatus, but his eyes kept drifting to Mewtwo.
No wonder he resisted my telepathy. He might even be so powerful that he could use his powers on Moros.

Dragonsage
2012-11-15, 06:01 PM
'A Mewtwo?' Melody was in awe of the creature before her. Simply amazed by it, she kept staring it until the professor caught her attention as she made her way over to machine.

planswalker
2012-11-15, 10:49 PM
Herby approaches without saying a word. He's overcome with awe at the presence before them.

Lejosh
2012-11-16, 01:18 AM
Professor Luke and Mewtwo stood on one side of the machine and the 4 of you stood on the other. The professor and Mewtwo both pressed a button each and the machines top opened revealing 3 Poke balls. "In each of these Poke ball's" The professor said "Is one of the original Pokemon the the trainers Red, Blue and Green began their journeys with. They are Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander. By using Mewtwo's genes mixed with that of the genes left over by these Pokemon we were able to recreate them with the same power that they originally had before meeting their trainers. These are the 3 Pokemon that you, Alexis Kolto, Herbert Jonesbrook and Melody Suzuki will begin your journeys with."

"The world has become a dangerous place." Added Mewtwo swiftly "It would be a great advantage to all of you if you were to travel together, that way you can fight in a way that will cover each other weaknesses. By staying together you will find it much easier to work on each of your goals, even if they are all individual ones that the others disagree with."

"Each of the Pokemon has also been scanned and Mewtwo has done the same with the 3 of you to choose which pairs will go best together, but first." The Professor said pulling out several cards and small red devices. "These are your Pokedex's and your trainer cards. These will allow you to rest at any Poke centers and heal your Pokemon free of cost. They will also tell gym leaders that you can challenge them for gym badges without having to do some of their tests first."

The professor holds out the items for the 3 of you "Please take them and then we shall give you your Pokemon."

planswalker
2012-11-16, 01:45 AM
Herbert will accept the item solemnly. "It is an honor."

Dragonsage
2012-11-16, 02:03 AM
Melody accepts the pokedex and trainer card as she looked around at the other soon to be trainers around her while she waited patiently for her first pokemon. She was excited, but still patient enough to wait a few more minutes.

Lejosh
2012-11-16, 05:30 PM
After you had all taken your trainer cards and pokedex's Mewtwo spoke up "The first Pokemon, Squirtle will be partnered with Alexis." As he said this the Poke ball flew off the device in front of you and flew into your hands.

"Charmander, the second Pokemon, will go to Melody." The same as Alexis, the Poke ball flew from the machine into your hands.

"And finally Bulbasaur will go to Herby." The Poke ball flew into your palms before professor Luke continued.

"As you journey through this world you will see in many ways how it has changed and you will be told by people you meet how things used to be. If you are lucky you might even meet some people who knew Red, Blue or Green when they were children and saw them battle. You will experience great acts of kindness and witness acts of Pokemon cruelty beyond what you thought was possible. But you will be able to strive through it and overcome all of the hard times that come your way. Go now on your journey and make me proud." Professor Luke said, a tear running down his cheek as he looked with hope at the 4 of you.

Dragonsage, if you could please edit your character sheet to say you have Charmander, sorry, it was just easier to change your Pokemon than the others.

Milo v3
2012-11-16, 06:29 PM
Upon seeing the professor grant the others Pokemon, a pit of anger grew in Yarrows stomach.
They get pokemon for free. They didn't even have to fight them.

He tried to hide his wrath.

Dragonsage
2012-11-16, 06:55 PM
Melody catches the charmander ball in her hands and grins widely, excited to have her first own pokemon. "Thank you so much Professor!" She held the ball close to her chest and gave a polite bow to both Professor Luke and the strange being called Mewtwo. "I'll definitely won't waste this opportunity."

She then looked back down to her ball and couldn't wait to meet her new partner, but suddenly realized something. "Um...Mr. Mewtwo? If you're a pokemon, then you wouldn't mind us scanning you would you?" She held up her pokedex as she asked.

Edited my character sheet. No worries, i don't mind having charmander since everyone else really wanted the other two more.

planswalker
2012-11-16, 07:37 PM
Herby will take the ball with solemnity. "Thank you for this honor."

Lejosh
2012-11-16, 10:20 PM
Professor Luke looked scared for a second after Melody's question, but turning to Mewtwo he saw him smiling.

"You may get that privilege one day young trainer, the day when you can best me in a battle, 1-on-1. Very few have ever gotten that privilege of that battle and only one so far has bested me in a battle. But maybe one day you will get that chance for a battle." Mewtwo said, a large smile on his face. "If there is anything else you wish to ask before you leave feel free to, I will answer any question you ask to the best of my abilities."

planswalker
2012-11-16, 10:30 PM
Herby has no more questions and is ready to leave.

Milo v3
2012-11-16, 10:59 PM
"Professor. Why did you even call me here if all your going to do is give away powerful pokemon to people who haven't even been in a battle before."

Dragonsage
2012-11-16, 11:11 PM
Melody puts away her pokedex, a little disappointed but mostly feeling odd seeing mewtwo smile. "Oh...okay. Then I guess we should be heading out soon." She turned to the other new trainers and gave them a shy wave. "Looking forward to traveling with ya." She added before the other turning to the other guy, who seemed miffed about this gathering. She was curious as to his purpose here if he already had pokemon.

Lejosh
2012-11-17, 04:56 AM
"Well..." The professor said, slightly saddened. "I was hopping you might journey with the group, but from the way you have been acting here... I guess you wouldn't really like to do that would you. It was of course always your choice, but I thought you might be able to teach the group the basics and help them out as they began travelling with their Pokemon and showing them how it isn't as easy as it seems. But I guess you don't really like that idea do you?" Asked Luke.

Shadow Blade
2012-11-17, 05:35 AM
Alexis nods as thanks to the professor and to Mewtwo as she catches the pokeball, then gets a slight puzzled look on her face. "Umm... Professor, if I may. You said we would experience great acts of pokemon cruelty. Is that to be expected on a journy, or is something wrong?"

Milo v3
2012-11-17, 06:28 AM
Yarrow's voice was cold, but possessed a slight glee.
"No, unfortunately I do not like that idea. Teaching isn't my forte, as most find my tongue too blunt, unless that is the cruelty you speak of. As for showing them that is it isn't easy, wouldn't it be better without me? And finally, I have my own goals to attain, they would likely slow me down."

Yarrow started to leave the room, but stopped before reaching the door.
"I am sorry, but I see no reason to go with them."

planswalker
2012-11-17, 10:01 AM
"Well, ma'am, if you feel no need to go with us, don't bother. People survive being new trainers all the time without a nursemaid."

Dragonsage
2012-11-17, 12:18 PM
"Yeah, you don't have go with us if you don't want to. We have the three of us traveling together, I'm sure we can manage on our own."

Lejosh
2012-11-17, 01:59 PM
"STOP ARGUING" Yelled Mewtwo telepathically. The power was enough to bring all of you to your knees in pain.
"The reason we suggested that you travel together is the same reason we told you about the act's of Pokemon cruelty. After Red took on Team Rocket and defeated them other horrible trainers challenged him. But after he won the Indigo Plato everyone was to afraid he would get them if they did something along the lines of Team Rockets goals. But in the time since Red has been dead groups have formed. Their goals we don't know but they are all linked. The grunts of the groups are easy pickings, but their Generals are powerful. Powerful enough that the Pokemon Militia's have been reconstructed. In the time before Red there was the time of the Pokemon Wars. This was a time when people used their Pokemon as weapons of war. The Pokemon Militia's were designed to keep regions safe from those we were at war with. Nobody is still alive from those times but that hasn't stopped these militia's from being reformed by town's people trying to protect themselves. We believed the more people you had in your group the safer you all would have been. Now if you wish to travel separably then do so, but do not argue and start being rude. You may need one another at some point." After finishing his rant Mewtwo teleported away without warning leaving the whole room deathly silent.

"I know you may not like each other very much." Professor Luke said in a soft voice. "But Mewtwo is right. This is a time of great danger where you should all be wary, sleeping with one eye open every night. Go now but please, don't argue anymore." With that Luke went into another room locking to door behind him and the room silent once more.

Dragonsage
2012-11-17, 02:19 PM
Melody picked herself up after Mewtwo suddenly teleported away. She was a bit confused, because she wasn't trying to argue that she didn't want the other guy in the traveling group. She just didn't want to force someone to travel with her if they didn't want to. "Well in any case the choice is still yours, if you want to travel with us." She then turned to the other two and added. "I guess we're done here so I'll be outside getting acquainted with my new pokemon."

With that, she strode out of the laboratory and sent out her new charmander. She examined the little fire lizard and was able to conclude it was a female. "Hiya little girl. I we're going to be partners from now on." She petted the new lizard. "Guess you're going to need a name. So imma call you....Shyvana." She hoped the pokemon liked her new name.

planswalker
2012-11-17, 05:05 PM
Herby will leave without further comment. Why did he have to make that nursemaid crack? He just had to say something, didn't he?

Oh well, he had three more friends now than he did when he woke up today. Today definitely counts as a good day. Once outside, Herby will call out Viriza and attempt to link himself to her mind.

costs 10 hp
[roll0] - Edit: make that -16 for a 72 total...

of course, still far too low for a successful channel...

Milo v3
2012-11-17, 05:18 PM
Placing his palm on the ground he slowly rose.
His anger twisted into spite towards that boy with the Bulbasaur.
Madam. Madam. And a Nursemaid. What a childish ass.

Yarrow then strided out of the lab, and continued past the two who lay outside. He was headed towards the path north of the town.
I can't waste anymore time today.

Dragonsage
2012-11-17, 05:55 PM
Melody's eyes widen when looks over to other boy and recognized what he was attempting to do. She was practically bouncing when saw this. "Oh my, I wasn't expecting to run into another mystic at all! At least no so soon on the journey." She wasn't aware of her own bouncing and Shyvana looked upon her new trainer with some confusion.

Should we have a edupad or something? Also plans, you subtract the Str or Wis stat not the modifier from the channel roll

planswalker
2012-11-17, 05:58 PM
"Um, yeah, I gues. still not very good at it, though."

with GM permission, I can set up an edupad for us, I guess.

also, thanks for the tip. This is my first time to play a shaman that didn't start with channel friend, and that was a year ago. I guess it shows :smallredface:

Dragonsage
2012-11-17, 06:48 PM
"Ah, I see. Well i'm not very good at it ether. I've been having to teach myself how to control my abilities." Melody said before turning her attention back to her Charmander. "Well I suppose since we're going to be partner might as well get to know each other better." She then kneels before the lizard. "And and this is the best way I know how," She hold out her hand in front of the Charmander. "Don't worry this won't hurt...you."

She then begins to strain as she concentrates and attempts to reach out her mind and spirit to touch Shyvana's.

Channel- cost 10 hp
[roll0] vs chamander's capture rate (which should be 20)

Lejosh
2012-11-17, 09:26 PM
Melody
As you enter Shyvana's mind you notice that there isn't much of her life. The only memories earlier than this time are of being in a vat of liquid and then waking up to see you. You can tell she is a little weird-ed out by you (Because of your bouncing earlier) but apart from that she gets an alright vibe from you. At the same time she is also going through your own mind, looking at your past as though it were a movie of some sort.

Herby
Although you were unable to connect with Viriza you still got a small emotional grasp telling you that she was interested by you and the other 'humans' around. You can tell just by looking at the girl who had spoken to you just a second ago that she had successfully connected with her Charmander.

planswalker
2012-11-17, 09:26 PM
Emboldened by his companion's efforts, Herby will try again himself.

Hello, Viriza, can you hear me? he thinks at her, straining to connect with her.

[roll0]

Dragonsage
2012-11-17, 10:56 PM
Melody was thrown off by the memories of the vat of liquid, but before she gave it much thought the images of herself through the eyes of the charmander caused her to blush.'Oh my. I was bouncing again...' She then starts to scratch Shyvana under her chin, giving the little thing some affection. 'Don't worry about the bouncing. I...I tend to do that when I am excited. Been doing it since i was a little girl and I'm not always aware of it.'

She fully permits Shyvana to go through her memories, seeing how it's only fair and kind of the point of forming a link in the first place. 'Do you want stay out of your ball for a while and stretch your legs? I'm sure you're curious about our other traveling companions.'

Lejosh
2012-11-17, 11:18 PM
Herby
Upon connecting with Virisa the only memories of her are of being in a vat of liquid and then waking up when you summoned her. And then of a strange girl bouncing. You being to feel her then going through all of your memories. Just like a movie you can see them like a watermark on a picture flashing over your eyes.

Melody
As you said the words 'stretch your legs' Shyvana began to bounce around similarly to how you were only a few moments beforehand. You begin to understand why you were paired with her.

planswalker
2012-11-17, 11:24 PM
Herby lets his new partner peruse his mind freely. After giving her a moment to take it all in, he'll contact her telepathically and say, Good morning, Viriza. How are you today?

Dragonsage
2012-11-18, 02:05 AM
Melody giggles as she rests her hand on Shyvana's head. 'I'll take that as a yes then. Certainly energetic aren't you?' She watched the adorableness of the bouncing charmander and then began to wonder if this is how other people saw her when she gets like this. 'So we will be on our way as soon as everyone's ready to go.'

Shadow Blade
2012-11-18, 03:05 AM
Alexis has been standing against the wall of the lab with her squirtle cuddled up in her arms and almost ready for a nap. She has been looking on curiously and amazed at the powers of these two and how quickly they are bonding with their pokemon. She then looks down at her squirtle, wishing she could form the same bond, then notices the little squirtle snuggling up closer to her in her arms, and realized she may be making her own bond in her own way, or the squirtle was just tired or lazy.

"Hmm... Shyvana and Viriza? Then how about you're my little Mizu, hey boy?" Alexis smiles as the squirtle nods, or possibly just snuggles in closer.

Lejosh
2012-11-18, 04:01 AM
Herby
Virisa is shocked for a moment with the telepathic communication and then communicates back saying "RUN, CIRCLES, PLAY, FOOD." You can tell by the wording that her intelligence is very low but you can still tell what her meaning is.

Melody
Shyvana nods to you and then moves closer to your leg, sniffing you.

Alexis
You can easily tell Mizu likes you as he is half asleep in your arms.

All
The shade of the Lab you are all sitting next to begins move and both Herby and Melody are in the sun. You can judge that is around 10:00am now as the town is full of life as one boat pulls out of the harbor and another enters creating another crowd of people who emerge from the boat around the town.

Several children from the boat come over and awe at your Pokemon from a distance before snapping a quick photo and running away to show their parents what they had seen.

planswalker
2012-11-18, 04:23 AM
"Unless there's a rush, let's spend some time bonding with our new friends."

True to his word, Herby will send to his new bulbasaur, Yes, food, games, running! he'll send back and begin a game of chase with Viriza. His dex entry on bulbasaur say they both eat plants and are phototrophs. After a while of running around in the sunlight, he'll keep an eye out for some tall grass for her to munch in.

hm... might want to get some pokeballs if I'm going to get some more friends...

Dragonsage
2012-11-18, 02:13 PM
Melody permits Shyvana to sniff her before standing up and took notice of the time of day. "Yeah guess there's no real hurry at the moment." She nodded in agreement. 'Lets go on that walk now, check out the town a bit more before we go.' She telepathically spoke to Shyvana before started to stroll around town. 'Anything you want to do, by chance?' She asked.

Lejosh
2012-11-18, 05:44 PM
Herby
You know there is no Poke Mart in Pallet town, althogh you might be able to get a all from the dock shops, but it is doubtful. You know your best bet would be to head over to Viridian City to buy some Pokeballs.

Melody
Shyvana follows you as you head into town. When you ask her what she wants to do she responds by saying "WALK, RUN" telepathically to you.

Dragonsage
2012-11-18, 06:37 PM
'We can do some running.' Melody telepathically nodded, before speeding up into a light sprint running after the other mystic named Herby. She didn't know the town very well and decided she might as well follow someone else.

planswalker
2012-11-18, 11:40 PM
um... what?

I wasn't looking for a pokemart, I wanted to find some grass or other plant for my bulbasaur to eat.

Herby continues to play with his new friend and keep an eye out for some plant matter she could eat without getting an angry gardener on his case.

Lejosh
2012-11-19, 12:58 AM
Herby
he Pokemart was for when you were talking about getting more friends and Pokeballs.
You can see that the only grass that seems edible nearby is in someones garden. Apart from that, the closest you know would be outside of town. You can also feel, from still being connected with Virisa, that she doesn't grass, but instead prefers vegetables.

Melody
You can see Shyvana running beside you as you jog along. He seems to be having fun as he runs in a little circle every once in a while before catching up to you.

planswalker
2012-11-19, 01:00 AM
When Viriza gets tired of playing in the Sunlight, Herby will send to her: Get food now. Wanna be carried?

Assuming Viriza doesn't object, Herby will pick her up and look for a vegetable stall or produce section.

Dragonsage
2012-11-19, 02:09 AM
After a bit of fun running around with Shyvana, Melody catches up with Herby and takes in a deep breath before speaking. "So how about we all grab something to eat, before we head out." She realized she hadn't eaten yet, before asked Shyvana mentally. 'How about it, girl? You hungry?'

planswalker
2012-11-19, 02:17 AM
"Sounds good to me. I was just looking for some vegetable for Viriza here. She says she likes them better than other plants."

Lejosh
2012-11-19, 03:19 AM
At the sound of vegetables Shyvana bounces a little showing that she would like some too. You can see some food stalls down near the docks which seem to be selling a wide range of foods.

planswalker
2012-11-19, 03:47 AM
"Looks like we've found what we're looking for."

Herby will lead the way to the nearest stall.

Dragonsage
2012-11-19, 03:49 AM
'Food it is then.' Melody lead the charmander down, following Herby, to the food stalls and allowed her to look around for any vegetable or fruit she wanted. In the meanwhile Melody perused through she stands for her own food, maybe a nice apple or two.

Lejosh
2012-11-19, 04:12 AM
In the first stand you go to they are selling apples, mango's, peach's, and many other fruits that look deliciously ripe. The next stall is selling a wide assortment of beautiful cheese's and biscuits. Finally the third stall is selling salad's and fish on the side if you want it fried up. After that stall though everything seems to repeat and many seem to have rip-off items that are supposed to work but look like trash.

planswalker
2012-11-19, 04:19 AM
please, for the love of grammar, DON'T use apostrophes when you mean plural. using an apostrophe means that you are either dealing with the peaches, mangoes, and cheeses owning something your you're contracting "peach is", "mango is" and "cheese is".

general rule of thumb: if you're not 100% sure why you're using an 's, you're misusing it.

Herby will buy one of each fruit to see which one Viriza is most interested in.

Dragonsage
2012-11-19, 12:41 PM
Melody buys two apples, one for herself and one for Shyvana. After the purchase she gives the apple to the charmander to eat. 'Food.'

Lejosh
2012-11-19, 05:26 PM
Herby
Virisa sniffs each of the fruits before taking the amngo from your hand and biting into it, skin and all.

Melody
Shyvana takes the apples from you and sniffs it before taing a little bite for a taste. She then procedes to devour the whole fruit quickly

planswalker
2012-11-19, 06:14 PM
Herby will buy a half-dozen magos for the road and feed Viriza another. Eat. Yummie.

Turning to his companion, he says, "Well, what now? I don't have any extra pokeballs. You up for heading over to Viridian so I can get hooked up with some balls?"

Dragonsage
2012-11-19, 09:05 PM
Seeing the little lizard gobble down the whole apple, Melody purchases a few more for her. "Sure, no problem." She replied to Herby as she handed Shyvana another apple. 'Here's another one, I'll save the others for later.' She then started biting into her own apple.

Shadow Blade
2012-11-20, 02:53 AM
Alexis has been staying close to the groups, yet quiet as the Kizu has a quick nap against her chest. Now fully awake, the excited Squirtle spotted the apples and starts waving for them as Alexis holds onto him tightly, being careful not to drop him. "Ok, ok! Be careful."

Alexis lets him down and buys two of the apples at the stand and a full bag for the road, kneeling down and handing one of the apples to Mizu, who grabs the apple with a huge smile and starts munching away at it.

Alexis then stands up strait again, addressing the rest of the group. "So we're heading off to Viridian then?"

planswalker
2012-11-20, 03:01 AM
"Unless you object, I think so. I kinda need some balls if I'm going to do this thing."

Shadow Blade
2012-11-20, 10:24 AM
Alexis slowly shakes her head as Mizu finishes his apple and walks over to join the other two. "No, I don't mind at all."

Lejosh
2012-11-20, 08:17 PM
As you stand there talking each other a man walks over to you and asks "Hey kids, would you like to buy a map of the Kanto region? It has all the cities in it and is only 100 Poke"

planswalker
2012-11-20, 08:29 PM
"No thanks. Any map covering that level of scope will be so un-detailed that it's pointless: we could just follow the major routes."

Shadow Blade
2012-11-20, 10:55 PM
Alexis shakes her head as the man offers. "Sorry, I'm afraid I don't have that much."

Dragonsage
2012-11-20, 11:24 PM
"Yeah, I don't have much nether." Melody Shrugged. "But thanks for the offer though." She added before walking northwards, figuring that Viridian had to be north since it was the only other way out of town.

Lejosh
2012-11-21, 01:28 AM
After you reject him the man saunters off to another group and ask's them the same question.

As you begin to head north you can see an old run down house being burnt up by police with their Fire types while the firemen stood nearby with their water types to put out the fire when the house was gone.

planswalker
2012-11-21, 01:38 AM
Not particularly curious about this, Herby will continue on unless one of his companions cares to stop.

Dragonsage
2012-11-21, 12:43 PM
Melody pauses for a moment to watch the burning house. 'Kind of a waste of resources.' She thought before continuing along, not wanting to question it too much if the police and fire fighters are doing it.

Lejosh
2012-11-21, 04:45 PM
As you continue to travel northwards you quickly leave Pallet town entering a grassy area with a few people walking around.

You can see small groups of Pidgey and Rattata, most only groups of the single species but there are some which are combinations of the two.

Dragonsage
2012-11-21, 05:30 PM
Melody takes out her pokedex to scan the pidgy and Rattata. "Hey look, wild pokemon." She pointed for Shyvana's attention. "You guys want to try our luck with some battling? Or would you rather we get to viridian first?"

Shadow Blade
2012-11-21, 07:01 PM
As Alexis walks along with the group and Melody turns to ask about battling, Mizu immediately jumps forward, cheering his name and ready for a fight. Alexis lightly covers her mouth as she chuckles to herself. "I can't argue with that. Let's go get 'em Mizu!"

planswalker
2012-11-22, 03:06 AM
Herby will go along with this idea, Viriza ready to go.

Lejosh
2012-11-22, 05:01 AM
Melody
As you scan the Rattata and Pidgey the following data comes up on the Pokedex:

Rattata
Height : 1’ 0” 0.3m
Weight : 7.7 lbs. 3.5kg
Biology : Rattata is a small, purple mammal. It has particularly large teeth. It has long whiskers and a long, slightly curled tail. Rattata has purple fur on its back, and cream colored fur on its stomach. Omnivore.
Habitat: Cave, Forest, Grassland, Mountain, Urban

Then an electronic voice comes up over the device saying: More information is needed to record Rattata's stat's.

Pidgey
Height : 1’ 0” 0.3m
Weight : 4 lbs. 1.8kg
Biology : Pidgey is a small, plump-bodied avian. It is a brown color, with a lighter colored throat and belly. The tips of its wings share this cream color. Both its feet and beak are a pinkish-gray color. Its plumage is fairly short. It has black markings around its eyes. Herbivore.
Habitat : Forest, Urban

Then an electronic voice comes up over the device saying: More information is needed to record Pidgey's stat's

All
As all your Pokemon are ready for battle as you see a small group of 3 Rattata's and 2 Pidgey's

{TABLE]S|.|M|.|V
.|.|.|.|.
.|.|.|.|.
.|P1|R1|.|R3
P2|.|.|.|R2[/TABLE]

. = empty space
S = Shyvana
M = Mizu
V = Viriza
R# = Rattata
P# = Pidgey

planswalker
2012-11-22, 05:42 AM
Herby will scan the 'mons himself as he mentally directs Viriza to tackle the nearest ratatta.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dragonsage
2012-11-22, 09:18 PM
"Shyvana try going for the nearest one!" Melody commanded before the charmander moved in front of P1 and swiped at it.

Scratch- normal physical
[roll0] vs 2 Ac

[roll1]

Lejosh
2012-11-24, 05:21 PM
Virisa Moves forward and hits the nearest Rattata with a tackle knocking it to the ground in a single shot. The second Rattata moves in next to Virisa using a Tackle attack on her

After hitting the Pidgey it looks badly hurt but returns a Tackle attack on Shyvana. The second Pidgey moves next to the first using Growl against all enemy Pokemon.

R1 attack on Virisa
Accuracy - (1d20)[11]
AC - 3
Damage - (2d8+6)[12]

P1 attack on Shyvana
Accuracy - (1d20)[16]
AC - 3
Damage - (2d8+6)[12]

Growl lowers all enemy attack by 1 combat stage

{table=head]-|A|B|C|D|E
1|||||
2|||||
3||S||R1|V
4|P2|P1|||R3*
5|||||[/table]

(I have taken one of the Pokemon out of the battle because I made the opposing team for the 3 of you and since Shadow Blade has disappeared it needed to be more even.)

. = empty space
S = Shyvana
M = Mizu
V = Viriza
R# = Rattata
R/P#* = Knocked out Pokemon
P# = Pidgey

planswalker
2012-11-24, 06:30 PM
is the damage value given before or after my def is taken into account?

Now take out the other rat. Herby sends through his bond with Viriza.

Viriza complies.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dragonsage
2012-11-24, 10:50 PM
"Good keep it up Shyvana!" Melody cheered on the little dragon as she continued swiping at the bird.

Scratch- normal physical
Target: P1
[roll0]
rolled a 21 for the damage roll in OC
[roll]1d12+9[/roll}

Lejosh
2012-11-24, 11:31 PM
As Virisa hits the other rat he goes straight down the same as the first one.

Shyvana takes out the first Pidgey with little trouble at all as the second one comes up next to her and goes for a Tackle attack.

P2 Tackle Shyvana
Accuracy - [roll0]
AC - 3
Damage - [roll1]

{table=head]-|A|B|C|D|E
1|||||
2|||||
3|P2|S||R1*|V
4||P1*|||R3*
5|||||[/table]

. = empty space
S = Shyvana
M = Mizu
V = Viriza
R# = Rattata
R/P#* = Knocked out Pokemon
P# = Pidgey

planswalker
2012-11-25, 12:12 AM
Viriza will move to B2 and tackle the last remaining foe.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dragonsage
2012-11-25, 01:02 AM
"Oh no- Ah!" Melody cried out as Shyvana fainted. She felt a mental backlash hitting her as the charmander was knocked out since they were still linked. "I'm sorry." She said before she recalled the knocked out lizard back into her ball.

Lejosh
2012-11-25, 05:06 AM
Virisa attacks the second Pidgey knocking it to the ground where it lays still and stops moving.

Shyvana disappears in a bright light as you recall her to her Pokeball. Even though she is knocked out, you can still feel that she upset and embarressed about getting beaten in her first battle.

You can both see the wild Pokemon were guarding a small pile of Oran Berries which are leaning against a tree just beyond the battle field.

Virisa gains 105 EXP
And Shyvana gains 60 EXP from the battle.

planswalker
2012-11-25, 05:14 AM
Herby will feed one to Viriza to heal her up and let his partner take the rest. "I think you need them more at the moment. I trust that when our situations are reversed you'll share what I need in turn."

Dragonsage
2012-11-25, 11:09 AM
Melody accepts the berries from Herby. "Thank you so much. I owe you one." She sent Shyvana back out, holding the KO'd charmander in her arms as she feed her two of the oran berries. "Please be okay." She hoped the berries would be enough as she cradled Shyvana in her arms.

how many berries do we actually have?
Oran berries heal 1d8 and i'm using two
[roll0]

planswalker
2012-11-25, 02:20 PM
"Not a problem." Herby says as he feeds his berry to Viriza.

[roll0]

Lejosh
2012-11-25, 04:40 PM
As you feed the berries to Shyvana she just regains consciousness, but you can tell she is still very weak.

there are 12 berries in the pile, so 9 now.

planswalker
2012-11-25, 05:06 PM
You did good, Viriza. he sends to his companion.

"Are you ready to continue?" He asks Melody.

Dragonsage
2012-11-26, 12:44 AM
"Yeah I'm ready to go." Melody stood up with Shyvana still cradled in her arms. "Just going to have you rest in your ball until we get to Viridian." She then recalled her back into her ball before continuing along the way.

planswalker
2012-11-26, 12:55 AM
Herby will have Viriza walk beside them for now.

"I'm real sorry for how that turned out back there."

Dragonsage
2012-11-26, 01:45 AM
Melody shook her head. "It's not your fault. Just bad luck I suppose."

planswalker
2012-11-26, 01:51 AM
"Then let's definitely hurry to Viridian."

Lejosh
2012-11-26, 02:15 AM
It takes you just less than an hour to get to Veridian and the city is alive with people. The Poke Center is right at the entrance to the city and you can see the Poke Mart just behind it.

There are 3 story buildings everywhere and some single, or two story houses scattered across the place. The hills to the west of the city have been dug into for more housing room.

People are going about there normal day-to-day stuff and don't pay very much attention to you. Behind the buildings you can just make out Veridian gym which has a much older structure to that of the rest of the city along with cracks around the edges from what you can guess are powerful battles.

planswalker
2012-11-26, 02:26 AM
Herby will head to the pokemart first and buy 10 pokeballs.

Dragonsage
2012-11-26, 01:16 PM
Melody hurries over to the pokemon center to have Shyvana healed up before doing much else.

Lejosh
2012-11-26, 02:18 PM
Herby

As you walk the Poke Mart the doors slide open and a light elevator type music flows through the building. As you approach the counter a man asks you "Hello sir. How can I help you today?"

Melody

The Pokemon Centers doors open and you can two guys walk away from the counter up a corridor to the left of it. As you walk up to the counter you notice the lady there. She is tall and skinny with red hair, bright green eyes and deep red lips.

"Hello miss, can I take the Pokemon you want me to heal for you and I'll have them done right away." The lady asks in a soft,kind voice, extending her arms to take your Poke Ball.

Dragonsage
2012-11-26, 02:32 PM
Melody watches the two guys go into the corridor before turning her attention to the nurse. "Of course." she hands over Shyvana's ball.

planswalker
2012-11-26, 04:11 PM
"I'd like to buy 10 pokeballs." Herby states confidently.

Lejosh
2012-11-26, 06:21 PM
Melody
She take your Poke ball and puts it into a machine pressing a button. A glowing field surrounds the poke ball before disappearing back into the machine. She then brings the poke ball back over to you. Handing it you she saying "Your Pokemon is all better. Please have a nice day."

Herby
The man turns around and takes 10 pokeballs and hands them to you. Thank will be 2000 poke thank you.

planswalker
2012-11-26, 08:13 PM
Herby will head back to the pokecenter to see how his friend is doing.

Dragonsage
2012-11-26, 08:25 PM
"Thank you!" Melody cheered up after having Shyvana healed up. She then turns to Herby when he enters the center. "Well Shyvana's healed up. What do you want do now?"

Milo v3
2012-11-28, 05:00 AM
Yarrow groaned as he entered the pokemon center.
I guess it makes sense that they would have came north as well.

He passed Herby and Melody, trying not to obviously be looking at them.

"Excuse me, sorry to come back so soon but can you heal my Staryu."

planswalker
2012-11-28, 07:23 AM
"Well," Herby says, "If each of us catch more than one friend, we'll be less likely to become helpless with a little bad luck. Besides, more friends is a good thing. Maybe we'd have better luck north of town?"

Dragonsage
2012-11-28, 12:16 PM
"Yeah, I guess we could try our luck up north first." Melody nodded in agreement before heading out of the center and heading to find more wilds.

planswalker
2012-11-28, 03:08 PM
Herby will send Viriza a message through their connection: Viriza, come, we make new friends!

Lejosh
2012-11-28, 04:03 PM
The three of you walk through the city and some people make comments about Virisa. As you get to the North exit of the city you can see that just beyond the gate is a large forest. A nearby sign says it is called Viridian Forest.

As you exit the gate you are surrounded by trees, tall grass and bush's on every side. You can notice even this deep in this forest man Pokemon around. Some are fighting with others over what you can guess are territorial disputes while others are sleep in the shade. You can see some eyes peering out of holes in the tree that watch you and other nearby Pokemon. There are groups of caterpillar looking bugs along with spiders and beetles all over the area gathering food.

Suddenly a string of web comes down from the canopy and ties Virisa into a tight ball stopping her from moving. A group of 4 Weedle drop down from the canopy while a Spinarak hangs down from on a web. You can tell you have entered their nest and they are anything but happy about it.

planswalker
2012-11-28, 04:18 PM
Herby will throw a pokeball at the nearest weedle, hoping for a quick catch.

d%+5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14295327&postcount=39) - got a 35 OOC

Viriza will growl out her frustration at her sticky situation.

[roll0]

Dragonsage
2012-11-28, 04:31 PM
Melody sends out Shyvana to and commands her to attack one of the weedles. "Scratch it!"

The little charmander moved up to one of the worms and scratched it with her claws.


Scratch- normal physical
[roll0] vs 2

[roll1]

Lejosh
2012-11-28, 08:48 PM
Herby
Your Pokeball moves around for a little while before stopping.

All

Shyvana's hit takes out the closest Weedle to her causing it to faint.

Spinarak moves next to W1 before they both use Poison Sting on Shyvana and the last Weedle uses Poison Sting on Virisa.

Poison Sting on Shyvana from W1
Accuracy - [roll0]
Critical - 20
Poison - 17-20
Damage - [roll1]

Poison Sting on Shyvana from Spinarak
Accuracy - [roll2]
Critical - 20
Poison - 17-20
Damage - [roll3]

Poison Sting on Virisa from W2
Accuracy - [roll4]
Critical - 20
Poison - 17-20
Damage - [roll5]

{table=head]-|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
1||||||||T|||
2|T||||||||||
3||||||||V|||
4||S|||||||||
5||W3*||||P||||T|
6|||||||||||
7||T|||||W2||||
8|||W1|SP|||||||
9|||||||||||
10||T||||||||T|
[/table]

Virisa = V
Shyvana = S
Weedle = W#
Spinarak = SP
Fainted Pokemon = W#*
Tree = T
Herby's Poke ball = P

Dragonsage
2012-11-28, 10:30 PM
Shyvana shrugs off the poison sting after managing to dodge the first one before she rushed forward to D7 and scratched at the spider.

Shyvana: 14/21 Hp
Scratch- normal physical
[roll0]
[roll1]

planswalker
2012-11-28, 10:49 PM
Herby will approach the battlefield and throw a pokeball at the spinarak.

[roll0]

Viriza will continue to growl her frustration at being unable to contribute meaningfully to this battle.

[roll1]

Lejosh
2012-11-29, 12:52 AM
Herby
As the Poke Ball captures the Spinarak inside it it almost immediatly breaks open, cracking into 2 separate pieces. W2 then launches a Poison Sting attack on Virisa

Melody
Shyvana's Scratch only annoyed the Spinarak as it used Poison sting on Shyvana. The Weedle then also launches a Poison Sting attack on Shyvana

W2 uses Poison Sting on Shyvana
Accuracy - [roll0]
AC - 2
Poison on 17-20
Damage - [roll1]

W1 uses Poison Sting on Shyvana
Accuracy - [roll2]
AC - 2
Poison on 17-20
Damage - [roll3]

Spinarak uses Poison Sting on Shyvana
Accuracy - [roll4]
AC - 2
Posion on 17-20
Damage - [roll5]

{table=head]-|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
1||||||||T|||
2|T||||||||||
3||||||||V|||
4|||||||||||
5||W3*||||P||||T|
6|||||||||||
7||T||S|||W2||||
8|||W1|SP|||||||
9|||||||||||
10||T||||||||T|
[/table]

Virisa = V
Shyvana = S
Weedle = W#
Spinarak = SP
Fainted Pokemon = W#*
Tree = T
Herby's Poke ball = P

planswalker
2012-11-29, 12:58 AM
Viriza's tough hide takes the hit without injury.

Herby will try another pokeball on the spinarak and Viriza growls in irritation again.

btw, will Viriza ever get free of her trapped condition?

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dragonsage
2012-11-29, 01:08 AM
"Not again." Melody whispered as Shyvana took her beatings from the two bugs. She then rushed out to use a potion on the near beaten charmander before it attacked again, this time attacking W1 before she turned to the spinarak and stared it down.

trainer action: Potion heal
Shyvana: 3/21 HP + [roll0] potion heal

Scratch- normal physical
[roll1] vs
[roll2]

Intimidate- on the spinarak
Cast - Hourly
Effect: Lower one target’s Attack 1 Combat Stage.

Lejosh
2012-11-29, 02:39 AM
Herby
This time the Spinarak caught without much trouble, calming the ball after several movements.

Virisa manages to finally free himself from the web only to get hit by a Poison Sting by W2

Melody
Shyvana's scratch takes out W1 without too much trouble at all.

You could have gone in and tried to free him, would have done it faster but would have put Herby in danger of getting attacked by one of the Pokemon.

W2 uses Poison Sting on Virisa
Accuracy - [roll0]
AC - 2
Poison on 17-20
Damage - [roll1]

{table=head]-|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
1||||||||T|||
2|T||||||||||
3||||||||V|||
4|||||||||||
5||W3*||||P||||T|
6|||||||||||
7||T||S|||W2||||
8|||W1*|P|||||||
9|||||||||||
10||T||||||||T|
[/table]

Virisa = V
Shyvana = S
Weedle = W#
Spinarak = SP
Fainted Pokemon = W#*
Tree = T
Herby's Poke ball's = P

Dragonsage
2012-11-29, 02:45 AM
"Good job, Shyvana!" Melody cheered before she tossed a pokeball at the remaining Weedle, wanting to at least try to catch something.

Capture roll
[roll0]

Lejosh
2012-11-29, 03:33 AM
The final Pokeball moves aound for a minute before settling down.

Ok, so Herby has caught a Weedle with the following stats
Lvl: 3
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Abilities: Shield Dust/Oblivious
{table=head]-|Original|Added|Nature|Total
HP|4|1||5
Attack|4|||4
Defence|3||2|5
Special Attack|2||-2|1
Special Defence|2|||2
Speed|5|1||6
[/table]

{table=head]-|Freq|AC|Damage|Range|Special Effect
Poison Sting|At-Will|2|1d6+3|Ranged (6), 1 Target|Poison Sting poisons on 17-20 accuracy check
String Shot|At-Will|3||Ranged (3), 1 Target, Column||[/table]

And Herby's Spinarak
Lvl: 5
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Abilities: Insomnia/Swarm
{table=head]-|Original|Added|Nature|Total
HP|4|1|1|6
Attack|6|1||7
Defence|4|1||5
Special Attack|4|1||5
Special Defence|4||-2|2
Speed|3|||3
[/table]

{table=head]-|Freq|AC|Damage|Range|Special Effect
Poison Sting|At-Will|2|1d6+3|Ranged (6), 1 Target|Poison Sting poisons on 17-20 accuracy check
String Shot|At-Will|3||Ranged (3), 1 Target, Column||
Scary Face|EOT|2||Ranged (6), 1 Target|The targets speed is lowered by 2 combat stages[/table]

And finally Melody's Weedle
Lvl: 3
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Abilities: Shield Dust/Oblivious
{table=head]-|Original|Added|Nature|Total
HP|4|||4
Attack|4|1|2|7
Defence|3|||3
Special Attack|2|||2
Special Defence|2||-2|1
Speed|5|1||6
[/table]

{table=head]-|Freq|AC|Damage|Range|Special Effect
Poison Sting|At-Will|2|1d6+3|Ranged (6), 1 Target|Poison Sting poisons on 17-20 accuracy check
String Shot|At-Will|3||Ranged (3), 1 Target, Column|[/table]

Virisa's EXP - 75
Shyvana's EXP - 75

planswalker
2012-11-29, 09:37 AM
Kinda need to know genders and abilities as well unless you're intending to let us pick that.

Also, I'm supposed to be able to stat my own pokemon when I catch them in the wild. This is why the GM guide recommends that you not bother statting up wild 'mons the normal way and instead using some quick stat guides outlined in the GM guide.

Also, save yourself the effort. Don't bother telling me base stats, nature, or the stats of any moves it knows. My character sheet auto-calculates all that for me. All I need to know is level, nature, gender, ability, and the names of any relevant egg/tm/tutor moves it knows.

furthermore, just for your reference: the lowest a base stat can go is 1. If a nature/anything else would lower a base stat to 0 or less, it bottoms out at 1.

you also didn't stat those 'mons up properly. Natures modify BSR and THEN you add stats for level-up to the 'mon. Natures also only modify the HP stat by +/- 1, not 2.

edit: also, looking at things, did you mean a lvl 5 spinarak?

Herby will pick up his two new captures with pride.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I thought that was pretty exciting."

Dragonsage
2012-11-29, 01:34 PM
"Yeah that was pretty fun." Melody nodded before petting Shyvana and claiming her newly caught weedle. "Right, girl?"

Lejosh
2012-11-29, 02:28 PM
Out of the corner's of your eyes you can see some larger bug Pokemon coming out to defend their groups from you. There are a few Beedrill, Pinsir and one large Heracross. They aren't attacking but are waiting to see if you try to come closer to their nests.

Fixed up the last post. I didn't know the Google docs sheets did that so I assumed you needed the stats. Also, I only gave you the stats I drew up for the battle as a reference guide, you don't have to use them that way and can change them if you wish.

Dragonsage
2012-11-29, 03:25 PM
Melody scans each of these new bugs. "Those might be a bit too much for us to handle right now." She said as she slowly backed away from their nests.

why did you give us two abilities?

Lejosh
2012-11-29, 04:35 PM
As you scan each one the following data comes up:
Beedrill
Height : 3’ 3” 1m
Weight : 65 lbs. 29.5kg
Biology : Beedrill are yellow Pokemon, with three body segments. It has red eyes on its head and arms tipped with long stingers from it’s middle. It has veined wings, and another stinger on its baclk stripped bottom segment. Herbivore.
Habitat : Forest
Then an electronic voice comes up over the device saying: More information is needed to record Beedrill's stat's.

Pinsir
Height : 4’ 11” 1.5m
Weight : 121.3 lbs. 55kg
Biology : Pinsir has a brown body with a large pair of white horns that are dotted with small spikes. Pinsir has short legs with three toes each and skinny, three-clawed arms. Its mouth has long, flat teeth that are arranged vertically rather than horizontally. Herbivore.
Habitat : Forest, Rainforest
Then an electronic voice comes up over the device saying: More information is needed to record Pinsir's stat's.

Heracross
Height : 4’ 11” 1.5m
Weight : 119 lbs. 54kg
Biology : Heracross are large insectoids covered in a blue exoskeleton. It has a large, pronged horn protruding out of its forehead. Heracross has two antennae with spherical tips to the sides of the horn. Heracross has small spiky extensions on the forearm segments of its exoskeleton, and two claws on its hands. Herbivore.
Habitat : Forest, Rainforest
Then an electronic voice comes up over the device saying: More information is needed to record Heracross's stat's.

Even though all of the data says they are herbivores they all seem to be more than angry enough to tear someone apart.

As you back away the Heracross slightly calms but is still ready to attack if necessary.

I'm giving you the choice of picking the ability you want it to have, seeing as i could find any way that one was better than the other under normal circumstances.

planswalker
2012-11-29, 08:02 PM
Herby will scan them and back away as well. "yeah, best to keep our distance."

Lejosh
2012-11-30, 03:10 AM
The Pokemon do not fully calm down and return to their nests until you are at the edge of Viridian City.

You can see it is getting dark now as the sun sets creating beautiful patterns of colour across the horizon and spreading over the landscape. You can faintly see the moon in the sky and the city seems a lot brighter now that night is coming.

planswalker
2012-11-30, 05:40 AM
Herby will head to the pokecenter to get his 'mons healed.

Dragonsage
2012-11-30, 01:26 PM
Melody watches the bugs walk return to their nests before she and Shyvana followed Herby to center to have her new weedle healed up. When she arrives she hands over weedle's ball to the nurse and while she waits she turns to Herby. "Well we're not going anywhere tonight. Don't want to see what kind of pokemon roams around the forest at night." She sighed before petting Shyvana. "Do you want to check out the local gym while we're here?"

Question: centers do heal trainers right in this game right? Also, has anyone heard from shadow blade?

Lejosh
2012-11-30, 05:08 PM
The lady behind the counter heals your Pokemon quickly before walking off to some other people.

The Pokecenter only heals trainers if they stay there overnight. Also, haven't heard from shadow blade, I just decided to continue without him.

planswalker
2012-11-30, 06:41 PM
"Sure, but let's do that in the morning. Don't know about you, but I'm exhausted. Let's stay at the pokecenter for tonight."

Dragonsage
2012-11-30, 08:23 PM
"Yeah you're right." Melody continued to pet the charmander. "It's has been a long day. Ready to get some sleep girl?" Shyvana nuzzled against her trainer, a little exhausted from the day's experience and was ready for some well earned rest.

With that, Melody proceeded to ask one of the nurses if they could spend the night at the center.

Lejosh
2012-12-01, 01:10 AM
"I'll just go check if we have any free rooms" The nurse says as she walks over to the desk and fiddles around with the computer before pulling a key out of a draw and returning to you.

"Yes we have one free room, but it is a double with 2 separate, assuming you two don't mind sharing, here is the key to the room." The lady says, handing you the key.

planswalker
2012-12-01, 01:25 AM
Herby doesn't mind, and, assuming Melody agrees, will take the key and head to the room before flopping into his bed exhausted.

Dragonsage
2012-12-01, 02:37 AM
Melody blushes from the idea of sharing a room with a guy she had just meet that day. "Well, I guess if there's no other rooms." She followed Herby to the room before resting on her bed, while Shyvana curled up beside the bed and started to drift off into sleep. Melody caressed the charmander a few times before drifting off to sleep herself.

Lejosh
2012-12-02, 05:01 AM
The next morning you wake to the sound of people screaming and some kind of Pokemon cawing. By the sounds you can hear people are being attacked by whatever Pokemon is cawing outside.

planswalker
2012-12-02, 05:05 AM
Herby will rush outside, pokeball in hand, to see what the commotion is.

Dragonsage
2012-12-02, 05:18 AM
Melody wakes Shyvana before they both run out to check on all the commotion. "What's happening?!"

Lejosh
2012-12-02, 05:35 AM
As you both walk out of the Pokecenter there is persons body laying there just outside the door, blood pouring from an open wound in his head. It looks as if the skull has been cracked open.

As you look around you can see a huge amount of Spearow attacking the towns people. There are people running everywhere in every direction.

As you take in what you are seeing a large group of children shielded by a group of adults run into view. Most of the adults are women but there are some men with them who are using their Pokemon to try and fight off the Spearow rather unsuccessfully. One of the ladies calls out to you both seeing Shyvana outside her PokeBall saying "PLEASE HELP US!" As she says this one of the Spearow comes down and bashes her in the head knocking her to the ground.

Dragonsage
2012-12-02, 02:24 PM
"Oh no! Shyvana, let's go!" The pair raced out to the woman to help.

planswalker
2012-12-02, 11:34 PM
Herby will call out Lady Melinda his newly-caught spinarak and have her look scary at the nearest Spearow to try to keep it at bay. Herby will try to reach out and channel another bird to figure out why they're attacking people.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Lejosh
2012-12-03, 12:41 AM
Melody
As you get to the woman she pushes you away tell you to "SAVE THE CHILDREN!"

Herby
Lady Melinda's scary face manages to work on not just the closest Spearow but a small group of them along with it.

As you connect with the Spearow you get hit with a huge burst of anger. The only words you can make out from its mind is "KILL! DESTROY!" over and over again. From what you can tell, it has come from some sort of breeding ground just East of the city and since then has been attacking people in the city, but, it doesn't even know why it is mad.

All
As you look over at the other group and you can see the men fighting the Pokemon to fight off as many of the Spearow as possible. You cannot hear what they are saying, but they are combating the Spearow as best they can.

{TABLE=head]1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20
||C|W|C|C||C|W|C||C|M||PR||SP1||
|W|C||C|C|W|C||C||C|M||ST||C|SP2|
|C|||C|W||C||C||W|C|M||K|SP3||
|C|W|C||C||C||W|C|C|M|CH|SP4|||SP5|
|W||W|M||W||M||||F|SP6|||SP5||
||||PI|||||CL|||||||ME||
||SP9|||||SP8||||||SP7|||||
||||||SP10|||SP11|||SP12||||||SP13
||SP16|||||SP15|||||SP14||||||
|SP17|||SP18||||SP19|||SP20||||SP21|||
||SP26|||SP25||||SP24||||SP23|||||SP22
||||||SP27||||SP28||||||SP29||
|SP33|||||SP32||||||SP31||||||SP30
|||||SP34|||||||||||||
|||||||||||||SP35|||||
||||W||||||||||||||
||||M|S|||||||||||SP36||
|||||||||||||||SP37||SP39|
|||||||H||L||||||SP38||SP40|
|||P|||||||||||||||[/TABLE]

Pokecenter = P
Shyvana = S
Melody = M
Lady Melinda = L
Herby = H
Spearow = SP#
Children = C
Towns Women = W
Towns Men = M
Charmeleon = CH
Metagross = ME
Kadabra = K
Starmie = ST
Primeape = PR
Pidgeotto = PI
Cloyster = CL
Forretress = F

Dragonsage
2012-12-03, 01:10 AM
"Of course." Melody nodded before she looked up at all the massive amount of spearow. "Wow, that's alot..." She said as she took in the scope of it all. As the looked onward she managed to catch a glimpse of the town's folk and children on the far end of the field of spearow. "Well, Shyvana we have to try." She tried not to be intimidated by the numbers. "Herby, we have to get to the kids." She called out to her partner before nodding to her charmander, signaling her to move forward and attacking SP34 with a swipe of her claws.

Scratch-normal physical
[roll0] vs 2
[roll1]

I think you forgot the letters

planswalker
2012-12-03, 04:20 AM
k, works for me.

if you'll tell me what moves the channeled spearow knows, I'll be satisfied. That is the other piece of information I'm supposed to get when I channel a 'mon. That's what allows me to use my feature "borrow".

Herby will focus his attention on maintaining the link with the angry bird and ask it telepathically What makes you so angry?

He'll motion for Lady Melinda to come in front of him and motion for her to throw a poison sting at one of the other spearow.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lejosh
2012-12-03, 04:56 AM
Melody
Your scratch annoys the Spearow but it seems to have more important things on its mind as it fly's into the air and begins to dive at some of the men's stronger Pokemon.

Herby
Lady Melinda's Poison Sting pisses off the Spearow and it tackles at Lady Melinda.

The Spearow is unresponsive to the question and just keeps repeating "KILL!DESTROY!"

Growl, Peck, Leer, Fury Attack, Pursuit, Shadow Ball and Shadow Claw.

All
The men call out orders to their Pokemon and you can see the Charmeleon use flamethrower on a bird taking it out in 1 hit K.O. (SP4)
The Metagross launches a Thunderbolt, hitting one bird that runs into a second getting to bird with the single shot.(The 2 SP5's, typo so removing them both now)
Kadabra uses Physic to stop a Spearow from being able to attack some of the children.(SP3)
Starmie bursts forwards with a Rapid Spin taking out one.(SP2)
The Primeape jumps up and beats the hell out of a Spearow with what looks like either rage or fury swipes. (SP1)
Pidgeotto Aerial Aces at a Spearow side swiping it.(SP9)
Cloyster uses an Ice Beam to freeze two of the Spearow. (SP8 and SP11)
Forretress begins a Rapid Spin and pin balls off two separate Spearow knocking them out and then into a third one taking it down too.(SP6, SP7 and SP12)

Then the Spearow begin their attacks. A barrage of Shadow Balls hit the defending Pokemon along with several Shadow Claw of those who dared to get close enough.

I know that Spearow cannot learn Shadow Ball and Shadow Claw however I ask for the two of you to be patient and all shall be explained in time.

SP38 tackles Lady Melinda
Accuracy - [roll0]
AC -3
Damage - [roll1]

{TABLE=head]-|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|2 0
A||C|W|C|C||C|W|C||C|M||PR||SP1*||
B|W|C||C|C|W|C||C||C|M||ST||C|SP2*|
C|C|||C|W||C||C||W|C|M||K|SP3||
D|C|W|C||C||C||W|C|C|M|CH|SP4*|||SP5*|
E|W||W|M||W||M||||F|SP6*|||SP5*||
F|||||||||CL|||||||ME||
G||SP9|||||SP8*||||||SP7*||SP13||SP21|
H||SP26||SP16|PI|SP10|||SP11*||SP22|SP12*||||||
I||||SP33|||SP15|||||SP14|||SP31|||
J|SP17|||SP18||SP34||SP19|||SP20|||||||
K|||||SP25||SP35||SP24||||SP23|||||
L||||||SP27||||SP28||||||SP29||
M||||||SP32||||||||||||SP30
N|||||||||||||||SP36|||
O||||||||||||||||||
P||||W||||||||||||||
Q||||M|S|||||||||||||
R|||||||||||||||SP37|||
S|||||||H||L|SP38||||||||
T|||P|||||||||||||||[/TABLE]

Pokecenter = P
Shyvana = S
Melody = M
Lady Melinda = L
Herby = H
Spearow = SP#
Knocked out Spearow = SP#*
Children = C
Towns Women = W
Towns Men = M
Charmeleon = CH
Metagross = ME
Kadabra = K
Starmie = ST
Primeape = PR
Pidgeotto = PI
Cloyster = CL
Forretress = F

planswalker
2012-12-03, 05:18 AM
Herby will borrow the channeled spearow's shadow ball and sever the connection, the mental strain of the thing's anger beginning to get to him.

Lady Melinda will respond with another poison sting.

hey, you're throwing what appear to be shadow pokemon at us. Them knowing ghost moves surprises me not one bit.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dragonsage
2012-12-03, 05:10 PM
Melody and Shyvana move forward towards the children. Melody begins channeling one of the spearow while Shyvana moves up to another one and claws at it.

Melody shifts up to- N4
Shyvana Shifts over to - N7
Melody's channel- assuming that all have same move set i'm going to have melody borrow Shadow ball if this succeeds.
Channel roll [roll0]

Shyvana's scratch normal physical
Targeting SP 32
[roll1] vs 2
[roll2]

Lejosh
2012-12-03, 07:17 PM
Melody
As Shyvana scratch's the Spearow it falls to the ground knocked out. The connection you make with the Spearow is the exact same as Herby's.

Congratulations, you learnt Shadow Ball

Herby
The Spearow takes the hit and Growls at Lady Melinda.

All
Primeape runs forward and SP21 and uses Cross Chop on it.
Kadabra uses physic again on SP3 knocking it out.
Starmie uses Rapid Spin on SP10
Charmeleon uses Flamethrower on SP22
Metagross uses Gyro Ball on SP13
Fortress Rapid Spins again hitting both SP14 and SP31 taking them both out.
Cloyster uses Spike Cannon on SP9

Once again the Spearow launch their attack of Shadow Balls on the Pokemon, managing to knock out Charmeleon, Cloyster and Primeape

Lady Melinda's attack is lowered 1 combat stage.

{TABLE=head]-|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|2 0
A||C|W|C|C||C|W|C||C|M||||SP1*||
B|W|C||C|C|W|C||C||C|M||||C|SP2*|
C|C|||C|W||C||C||W|C|M||K|SP3*||
D|C|W|C||C||C||W|C|C|M||SP4*|||SP5*|
E|W||W|M||W||M|||||SP6*|||SP5*||
F|||||||||CL*|||||||ME|PR*|
G||SP9||||ST|SP8*||||CH*||SP7*||SP13||SP21*|
H||SP26||SP16|PI|SP10*|||SP11*||SP22|SP12*||||||
I||||SP33|||SP15|||||SP14*||F|SP31*|||
J|SP17|||SP18||SP34||SP19|||SP20|||||||
K|||||SP25||SP35||SP24||||SP23|||||
L||||||SP27||||SP28||||||SP29||
M||||||SP32||||||||||||SP30
N||||M|||S||||||||SP36|||
O||||||||||||||||||
P||||W||||||||||||||
Q||||||||||||||||||
R|||||||||||||||SP37|||
S|||||||H||L|SP38||||||||
T|||P|||||||||||||||[/TABLE]

Pokecenter = P
Shyvana = S
Melody = M
Lady Melinda = L
Herby = H
Spearow = SP#
Knocked out Spearow = SP#*
Children = C
Towns Women = W
Towns Men = M
Charmeleon = CH
Metagross = ME
Kadabra = K
Starmie = ST
Primeape = PR
Pidgeotto = PI
Cloyster = CL
Forretress = F

planswalker
2012-12-03, 10:45 PM
Lady Melinda retaliates with another Poison Sting! Herby will step back 1 square, trying to avoid drawing attention to himself.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dragonsage
2012-12-04, 12:18 AM
Melody takes a moment to process her knowledge of her new temporary ability while Shyvana continues forward attacking.

Shyvana Shifts up to M6 and attacks SP27

Scratch normal physical
[roll0] vs 2
[roll1]

Lejosh
2012-12-04, 01:31 AM
Melody
Shyvana's attack pisses off the Spearow as it turns around and Tackles her.

Herby
Lady Melinda finally manages to take out the Spearow before it can retaliate your attack. The Spearow you connected with now moves towards the larger group as well.

All
Metagross uses Hammer Arm on SP13 knocking it out
Kadabra Teleports over behind SP30
Starmie uses SP15 and SP34 taking them both out
Pidgeotto uses Ariel Ace on SP16 knocking it out
Fortress uses Rapid Spin again taking out SP29 and SP23

Another volley is let out by the Spearow which takes out Starmie and Pidgeotto.

You also both hear to separate cries from two Pokemon, not the Spearow but something much bigger.

SP27 uses Tackle on Shyvana
Accuracy - [roll0]
AC - 2
Damage - [roll1]

{TABLE=head]-|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|2 0
A||C|W|C|C||C|W|C||C|M||||SP1*||
B|W|C||C|C|W|C||C||C|M||||C|SP2*|
C|C|||C|W||C||C||W|C|M|||SP3*||
D|C|W|C||C||C||W|C|C|M||SP4*|||SP5*|
E|W||W|M||W||M|||||SP6*|||SP5*||
F|||||||||CL*|||||||ME|PR*|
G||SP9||||ST|SP8*||||CH*||SP7*||SP13*||SP21*|
H||SP26|PI|SP16*||SP10*|||SP11*||SP22|SP12*||||||
I||||SP33|||SP15*|||||SP14*||F|SP31*|||
J|SP17|||SP18||SP34*||SP19|||SP20|||||||
K|||||SP25||SP35||SP24||||SP23*|||||
L||||||SP27||||SP28||||||SP29*||
M||||||S||||||||||||SP30
N||||M|||||||||||SP36||||K
O||||||||||||||||||
P||||W||||||||||||||
Q||||||||||||||||||
R|||||||||||||||SP37|||
S||||||H|||L|SP38*||||||||
T|||P|||||||||||||||[/TABLE]

Pokecenter = P
Shyvana = S
Melody = M
Lady Melinda = L
Herby = H
Spearow = SP#
Knocked out Spearow = SP#*
Children = C
Towns Women = W
Towns Men = M
Charmeleon = CH*
Metagross = ME
Kadabra = K
Starmie = ST
Primeape = PR*
Pidgeotto = PI
Cloyster = CL*
Forretress = F

planswalker
2012-12-04, 01:39 AM
"Awesome job, Lady Melinda. How many OTHER bugs can boast they've smacked around birds in a direct fight?"

Herby will recall her to give her a well-earned rest and send out Biggham to R6.

"Okay, Bigg, don't be scared! We've gotta help out the rest of the town if anyone is to survive."

Biggham will obediently fire a poison sting at SP27.

[roll0]
[roll1]

planswalker
2012-12-04, 01:40 AM
[roll0]

"Yes, Biggham! that's the way to do it!"

Dragonsage
2012-12-04, 02:31 AM
Shyvana falls to the angry bird's attack. "Judge it!" Melody recalls the fallen charmander before sending out her weedle beside her at O5. "Poison sting that bird, Ki."

The worm the shot a poisonous dart at the bird Melody specified, SP25.

Poison sting- poison physical
[roll0] vs 2
[roll1]
Poison Sting Poisons the target on 17-20 during Accuracy Check.

Lejosh
2012-12-04, 04:38 AM
Melody
Ki's Poison Sting hits right on the target, the annoyed Spearow turns to you and begins to move forwards.

Herby
Bigg's Poison Sting hits the target forcing it back a step, you can tell it is poisoned as its face turns paler than usual. The hurt Spearow Growls at Bigg.

All
Metagross uses Bullet Punch on SP22
Kadabra uses Psybeam on SP30
Forretress uses Zap Cannon on SP20

This time the Shadow Balls rain down on the other men's Pokemon causing Kadabra and Forretress.

You can now see on the mountains to the West a four legged creature and a creature in the sky flying above the city.

Bigg combat stage lower by 1

{TABLE=head]-|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|2 0
A||C|W|C|C||C|W|C||C|M||||SP1*||
B|W|C||C|C|W|C||C||C|M||||C|SP2*|
C|C|||C|W||C||C||W|C|M|||SP3*||
D|C|W|C||C||C||W|C|C|M||SP4*|||SP5*|
E|W||W|M||W||M|||||SP6*|||SP5*||
F|||||||||CL*|||||||ME|PR*|
G||SP9||||ST|SP8*||||CH*||SP7*||SP13*||SP21*|
H||SP26|PI|SP16*||SP10*|||SP11*||SP22*|SP12*||||||
I||||SP33|||SP15*|||||SP14*||F|SP31*|||
J|SP17|||SP18||SP34*||SP19|||SP20*|||||||
K|||||||SP35||SP24||||SP23*|||||
L||||||SP27||||SP28||||||SP29*||
M|||||SP25|||||||||||||SP30*
N||||M|||||||||||SP36||||K
O|||||Ki|||||||||||||
P||||W||||||||||||||
Q||||||||||||||||||
R||||||B|||||||||SP37|||
S||||||H||||SP38*||||||||
T|||P|||||||||||||||[/TABLE]

Pokecenter = P
Ki = Ki
Melody = M
Bigg = B
Herby = H
Spearow = SP#
Knocked out Spearow = SP#*
Children = C
Towns Women = W
Towns Men = M
Charmeleon = CH*
Metagross = ME
Kadabra = K*
Starmie = ST*
Primeape = PR*
Pidgeotto = PI*
Cloyster = CL*
Forretress = F*

Dragonsage
2012-12-04, 04:57 AM
"Back away and fire another poison sting!" Melody commanded before Ki moved back to R5 and shoot another poison dart at SP25. After the attack Melody readied one of her balls. "Well no harm in trying..." She said as she tossed the ball at Sp25 hopping the attacks have weakened it enough to make it easy.

poison sting poison physical
[roll0]
[roll1]
Poison Sting Poisons the target on 17-20 during Accuracy Check.

capture attempt after Ki's attack
[roll2]

planswalker
2012-12-04, 04:58 AM
That accomplished, Herby will direct Biggham to strike at SP25 next.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lejosh
2012-12-04, 04:55 PM
Melody
Ki's Posions Sting hits and hurts the Spearow before you throw the PokeBall which the Spearow hits away with its tail. It moves towards you again, trying to get at Ki.

Herby
Biggham's attack takes down the Spearow causing it to falling to the ground.

All
Forretress uses Zap Cannon on SP28 causing it to faint

This time the Spearow all launch their Shadow Ball attacks at Forretress and Metagross causing them to faint and then they all turn to the two of you and your Pokemon. As they do you can see more of the Spearow coming from all of directions at you.



{TABLE=head]-|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|2 0
A||C|W|C|C||C|W|C||C|M||||SP1*||
B|W|C||C|C|W|C||C||C|M||||C|SP2*|
C|C|||C|W||C||C||W|C|M|||SP3*||
D|C|W|C||C||C||W|C|C|M||SP4*|||SP5*|
E|W||W|M||W||M|||||SP6*|||SP5*||
F|||||||||CL*|||||||ME*|PR*|
G||SP9||||ST*|SP8*||||CH*||SP7*||SP13*||SP21*|
H||SP26|PI|SP16*||SP10*|||SP11*||SP22*|SP12*||||||
I||||SP33|||SP15*|||||SP14*||F*|SP31*|||
J|SP17|||SP18||SP34*||SP19|||SP20*|||||||
K|||||||SP35||SP24||||SP23*|||||
L||||||SP27||||SP28*||SP36||||SP29*||
M|||||SP25*|||||||||||||SP30*
N||||M|||||||||||||||K*
O||||||||||||||||||
P||||W|Ki|||||||||||||
Q||||||||||||||||||
R||||||B|||||||||SP37|||
S||||||H||||SP38*||||||||
T|||P|||||||||||||||[/TABLE]

Pokecenter = P
Ki = Ki
Melody = M
Bigg = B
Herby = H
Spearow = SP#
Knocked out Spearow = SP#*
Children = C
Towns Women = W
Towns Men = M
Charmeleon = CH*
Metagross = ME
Kadabra = K*
Starmie = ST*
Primeape = PR*
Pidgeotto = PI*
Cloyster = CL*
Forretress = F*

Dragonsage
2012-12-04, 10:56 PM
"Oh no.." Melody started to panic slightly after seeing all of the spearow turn their way. "Ki, keep up the attack." The weedle continued shooting out poisonous darts aimed at SP18 while Melody readied another pokeball. 'One last try.' She thought before tossing a pokeball at SP27, thinking a poisoned one would be easier to catch.

Poison sting- poison physical
[roll0] vs 2
[roll1]
Poison Sting Poisons the target on 17-20 during Accuracy Check.

Capture roll
[roll2]

planswalker
2012-12-05, 06:58 AM
Herby commands Biggham to move to P6 and fire a poison sting at SP35. Things were beginning to look very grim, but what can they do?

btw, what happened to that metagross? It's not marked as ko'd on your map.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lejosh
2012-12-05, 05:20 PM
Melody
Ki's Poison Sting hits the Spearow and it gets mad before your PokeBall captures the Spearow and moves around slightly before it calms sitting on the ground silently.

Spearow
lvl - 5
Nature - Desperate
Ability - Keen eye
Gender - Male
Added Moves - Shadow Ball and Shadow Claw

Herby
Biggham's Poison Sting hits the Spearow and it begins to run at you.

Fixed the Metagross, he was supposed to faint on the last round.

All
All of the Spearow begin to attack the two of you and the other men, women and children. Suddenly a shield forms in front of you stopping the Spearow and their attack from getting to you. A small pink sphere appears in the center of the children the pops into a small, pink floating creature with a tail that also creates a shield around the men, women and children.
As this happens a voice behind you calls out saying "Zapdos, Riakou, use Thunder now!"
As the sentance is finished dark clouds appear in the skys over the city and large strikes of Thunder begin stricking all over he city hitting all of the Spearow knocking them all to the ground. As you turn around you can see Mewtwo is the one who called the strike down. He pulls out a type of PokeBall that neither of you can recognise and throws it at one of the Spearow. Suddenly all of the Spearow from everywhere you can see turn into energy and they all head into the Ball . After they are all inside the Ball it closes and floats back into Mewtwo's hand. He then looks over and as you follow his gaze you can see the small, pink, floating creature, a large yellow dog type creature and a large yellow bird. Mewtwo says to them "Thank you for all of you help." As he says this the dog roars, the bird caws and the little creature giggles before they all fly and run off in different directions.

Biggham - 145exp
Ki - 132exp
Shyvana - 147exp
Lady Melinda - 146exp
Also forgot to add that both your character's go up a level due to completing a rather large event without giving up or running away even though you were horribly outmatched. Also Dragonsage, that Spearow has 0 loyalty, just so you know.

Dragonsage
2012-12-05, 07:18 PM
Melody gives a sigh of relief before she walks over to recover her pokeball. "Thank you for the save." She gave a respectful to Mewtwo before continuing to speak. "Do you happen to know why these spearow attacked all of the sudden?"

exp?

planswalker
2012-12-06, 06:03 AM
Herby will stand dumbstruck as all this is happening, not quite fully able to process it all.

Lejosh
2012-12-06, 01:54 PM
"It has something to do with this machine." Mewtwo holds out a device about 30cm in height and 8cm wide at the top but which extends to 15cm wide at the bottom 5cm. The bottom of the device also seems to have a type of disc insert-er. "This was found nearby in one of the Spearow's natural breeding grounds. We also found these." Out of a small satchel on his side Mewtwo levitates out 2 used TM's and a small spherical device. "We have found that the TM's are of the battle moves Shadow Ball and Shadow Claw and this.." Mewtwo points at the spherical device. "Is the most interesting part of the everything. There are two types of PokeBall's in this world which work on a Pokemon's emotions, first you have the LoveBall, which makes the Pokemon you catch with it automatically like you and a new type of PokeBall know as a HateBall. This Pokeball only works on Pokemon that hate you, what it does is it actually removes the hate from them and puts into this little device which is attached to the side of it. When it is used these device's are simply trash and need to be disposed of. But from what i can gather, whoever invented this device made it so these things could be used with them. I also believe that it is essentially a mass TMing device which forcefully teaches all Pokemon with certain radius certain moves even if they can't normally learn it. By adding these little devices onto it, they can also send these Pokemon into a frightful rage. This is what happened here. I am going to take the Spearow and this device back to Professor Luke to see if he can find a way to safely return them to their natural habit without all of their extra anger."

planswalker
2012-12-06, 02:05 PM
"But... who would want to do such a thing in the first place?"

Dragonsage
2012-12-06, 05:07 PM
Melody listened to Mewtwo's explanation before asking. "What about the spearow I caught? Do you think it's safe for me to have it?"

Lejosh
2012-12-06, 06:23 PM
"As I said when we first met, there are dark forces at work these days, one's that want to see destruction wrecked upon those who don't deserve such punishment." Mewtwo said to Herby before turning to Melody and saying "As for your Spearow, it may be dangerous to keep it. However, if you can train it correctly and teach it to listen to you, it is bound to become a much stronger Pokemon than other's of its kind. It will have a rage that will increase its attack massivly and those special attacks it knows will make it a worthy opponent for even Ghost type Pokemon."

Dragonsage
2012-12-06, 07:41 PM
Melody nods as she looks down to the Spearow's ball in her hand. "Then i'll try to see if I can train it to be friendlier." She then puts the ball away before looking around. "Excuse me while I go check on the town's folk." She gave another polite bow to mewtwo before rushing over to the town's folk to check on them. She was worried of any of the children were wounded.

planswalker
2012-12-07, 06:09 AM
Herby will aid his companion and keep a wary eye to in case this isn't quite over yet.

Lejosh
2012-12-07, 01:54 PM
As you both turn around you can in the corner of your eye Mewtwo Teleport away.

As you reach the towns folk they are patching up some cuts and scrapes people got from the encounter while a few others are being rushed into the Pokemon Center because of their worse injuries. All-in-all it ended a lot better than it could have.

One of the men who was trying to protect the children comes up to you saying "Thank you for your help. Without it, we may not have been able to survive long enough for the legendary Pokemon to get here and help us." With this he bowed to you and then walked back to help move the more injured people into the Pokemon Center.

Congratulations, you both level up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5TWTBJcy5A) to level 2

Dragonsage
2012-12-07, 06:55 PM
Melody will help who she can to move into the center for treatment. After doing so She will hand her pokemon over to he nurses to be healed.

planswalker
2012-12-08, 12:52 AM
Herby will turn over his 'mons for healing and then head out to help bring the injured in for treatment.

Lejosh
2012-12-08, 01:19 AM
Melody
You find a few people who need help being carried to the center and easily help with carrying them over. You can see some people morning the loss of their Pokemon who were killed by the Spearow. After that man behind the counter happily takes your Pokemon, heals them and returns them to you.

Herby
Your Pokemon are quickly healed by the man behind the counter before he returns them to you. As you go out to help you find a few people who needed to be carried back to the center you can see some people morning the loss of their Pokemon who were killed by the Spearow.

planswalker
2012-12-08, 01:55 AM
Once the immediate triage is done and Herby gets a break, he'll meet up with Melody and ask her, "Well, what now?"

Dragonsage
2012-12-08, 02:04 AM
So should we start talking about replacing shadow blade before too long? just asking.

"Well, We could still swing by the gym." Melody Replied after finishing up. She was still very curious about the whole event, but she figured she could try asking her spearow about when it warms up to her.

Assuming Herby agrees, melody will make her way to the gym.

planswalker
2012-12-08, 02:14 AM
"Sounds good to me." Herby says and will follow her to the gym.

Lejosh
2012-12-08, 02:45 PM
As you head towards the gym you can see a crowd standing outside of it and by the looks of it they are protesting for some reason.

Dragonsage
2012-12-08, 09:45 PM
Melody will make her way up to the crowd to see what the commotion is all about. 'Well today is certainly an interesting one.' She thought.

Lejosh
2012-12-08, 11:12 PM
Melody
As you head into the crowd you can hear people saying something about attacking the gym leader because he didn't help to defend the town from the Spearow attack.

Dragonsage
2012-12-08, 11:48 PM
As melody listens in on the crowd's chatting, she can't help but to but to wonder why the gym leader didn't help with defending the town. 'You'd think a gym leader would be first to react to a threat like that.' She shrugged before having second thoughts about challenging the gym with the angry mob just outside, but she was curious enough to stick around a little longer to see if she could get more information.

Perception check to see if she picks up on anything
[roll0]

planswalker
2012-12-09, 05:03 AM
Herby wasn't too sure about what to think. He'll try to snoop around and gather information from the edges of the crowd as to why the gym leader wasn't there.

Lejosh
2012-12-09, 02:00 PM
As you two search around you hear people whispering about the gym leader being arrogant and never helping people out. But you also hear a few people trying to defend him talking about the fact he is a ground gym leader and ground types do nothing against flying types like Spearow.

planswalker
2012-12-09, 02:09 PM
His curiosity satisfied, Herby will make his way to the gym through the crowd.

Dragonsage
2012-12-09, 02:27 PM
Seeing Herby head towards the gym, Melody will follow him. She didn't want him to go alone in case something had happens.

Arcran
2012-12-09, 02:36 PM
Tucker walks out of the Pokemon Center. Well, walks is a loose interpretation of the word. More like a strut. But they accomplish the same thing.

One hand drifts down to the Pokeball containing his Caterpie on his belt. She hadn't been especially hard to catch, so hopefully she wouldn't be too weak. Probably wouldn't ever be as strong as Titian though. He marvels at the large number of people around town, surprised that there are so many. Something might have happened. People could be- nah, that doesn't matter. The Gym looks to still be in tact though, which means there are trainers there, which means he could find a battle there. Bouncing Green's Pokeball lightly in his hand, he heads towards the Gym, seeking a battle. Maybe if he got enough money he could buy a TM! Sweep the Gym without even trying!

Lejosh
2012-12-09, 08:01 PM
Melody and Herby
As you make your way to the front of the gym you can hear more and more people talking bad about the gym leader. As you get to the front doors you notice they are locked.

Tucker
As you make your way to the gym you can see a crowd of people around the enterance to the gym. They all seem to be protesting and complaining about something.

Arcran
2012-12-09, 08:19 PM
Melody and Herby
As you make your way to the front of the gym you can hear more and more people talking bad about the gym leader. As you get to the front doors you notice they are locked.

Tucker
As you make your way to the gym you can see a crowd of people around the enterance to the gym. They all seem to be protesting and complaining about something.

Tucker starts to shove his way through the crowd, annoyed by all the idiots crammed outside. No "excuse me" or "pardon me"s accompany his push through. He simply continues to shove his way through.

Probably PETP or something stupid like that. Always protesting Gyms and such. Idiots, he thinks to himself, continuing to elbow and stomp his way through the crowd.

planswalker
2012-12-09, 08:31 PM
of course you've shut down the Viridian gym. It'll be our 8th badge isn't it? And there'll be a reveal that the Big Bad was the gym leader all along? :smallwink:

Herby questions the sanity of people that gather in front of a locked door to protest, but he shrugs.

"I guess it's not open right now."

Dragonsage
2012-12-09, 10:56 PM
"Well, can't really blame them with the rioting crowd." Melody was slightly disappointed about the gym being closed. She had a feeling Shyvana would be just as disappointed that her first gym battle would be delayed. "Well we don't know when the gym will be open again. What we do? head to the next town?" She asked.

Lejosh
2012-12-09, 11:39 PM
Tucker
As you push through the crowd you annoy more than a few people shoving them, elbowing people right, left and center. As you get closer to the front doors you can see 2 people talking about something.

Melody and Herby
As you 2 are in front of the door a man walks to in from the inside and stares out at you and the rest of the mob.

Arcran
2012-12-09, 11:44 PM
Tucker ignores the two, just as he has done so with the rest, trying to open the door.

Dragonsage
2012-12-10, 01:05 AM
Seeing another person approach them to try and open the door, Melody speaks to him. "Sorry I think the gym is closed for the day." She stated in her soft voice before she took notice of the man from inside the gym. Wondering if he was a gym trainer or perhaps even the gym leader, she gives a shy wave to him.

Arcran
2012-12-10, 01:07 AM
Finding the door locked, Tucker almost turns to leave, angry, but then sees the man through the door. He begins to knock urgently.

"HEY! HEY! LET US IN!"

Lejosh
2012-12-10, 01:30 AM
As you knock on the door and yell at the man he frowns at you before closing a shutter on the doors window so you can no longer see inside. Your best guess is that he thinks your part of the mob and want to do something to him.

Arcran
2012-12-10, 01:39 AM
As you knock on the door and yell at the man he frowns at you before closing a shutter on the doors window so you can no longer see inside. Your best guess is that he thinks your part of the mob and want to do something to him.

"I WANT. TO HAVE. A BATTLE!"

Dragonsage
2012-12-10, 01:54 AM
"Hey. I don't think yelling would help here." Melody tried to calm the stranger down.

Arcran
2012-12-10, 01:55 AM
"Hey. I don't think yelling would help here." Melody tried to calm the stranger down.

"If he knows I want to use the Gym as a Gym and that I'm not some stupid PETP person like all of you guys maybe he'll let me in!" Tucker shouts angrily.

Lejosh
2012-12-10, 02:11 AM
The man yells from behind the door saying "If you want a gym battle wait until that damn mob is gone then come back."

Dragonsage
2012-12-10, 02:13 AM
"We're not here to protest the gym or anything." Melody motioned to Herby and herself. "We actually came to challenge the gym just like you, but i guess the angry mob has closed up shop for the day." She explained. "But you might be right. If her knew we're here to challenge the gym and not protest, we just might get our challenge." She concluded before heading around the back way of the gym and tired looking for another way in.

[roll0] perception to find another entrance

Arcran
2012-12-10, 02:14 AM
Tucker won't be foiled so easily!

"Okay!" he shouts, elbowing his way through the crowd. When he's through, he'll go back around the Gym, looking for a backdoor of some sort. He will get that battle.

Comon RNG, love me!
[roll0]

planswalker
2012-12-11, 07:36 AM
"Well, if we can disperse the crowd, we'd likely all three be able to get our battles sooner."

Arcran
2012-12-11, 12:38 PM
"Well, if we can disperse the crowd, we'd likely all three be able to get our battles sooner."

Tucker doesn't hear this statement as he is already shoving his way away from the door, heading towards the back.

Lejosh
2012-12-11, 02:20 PM
Tucker
As you go around the back all you can see is a thick layer of leaves on the ground which makes it a little harder to walk.

Melody
As you look around the back you can just see a small handle showing out of the leaf cover on the ground. It looks old and rusted but still usable.

Herby
You see the others move to the back of the gym and the mob out the front begins to get more and more annoyed at the fact the gym leader will not come out and face them all. You expect violence will escalate soon if he doesn't show.

Dragonsage
2012-12-11, 02:42 PM
Melody kneels down to clear away the leaves before signaling the stranger who wanted his challenge. "I think I found a way in." She then tries to pull on the handle.

Arcran
2012-12-11, 03:41 PM
Melody kneels down to clear away the leaves before signaling the stranger who wanted his challenge. "I think I found a way in." She then tries to pull on the handle.

"Sweet!" Tucker says, eagerly clamping his pudgy hand on the handle and pulling hard.

STR: [roll0]

Lejosh
2012-12-11, 06:54 PM
As you both go to open the door at the same time you are barely able to open to trap door which you find is made of metal. Without each others help, neither of you would have been able to open it.

Inside there is a stone staircase going down about 10m before it turns into a corridor which is very dark. Your best guess is that the tunnel was lit at one point but is no longer lit because of a burn out torch hanging on the wall with ash on the floor beneath it.

Arcran
2012-12-11, 06:59 PM
"You got a Fire Type or something?" Tucker asks, looking at the dark tunnel with some dread. "Rather not walk in the dark."

Dragonsage
2012-12-11, 07:08 PM
"Of course." Melody sent out Shyvana. "Going to need you to lead the way girl." The flame on the charmader's tail produced some light to illuminate the path before entering.

Arcran
2012-12-11, 07:09 PM
"That's useful," he mutters, following the Charmander into the tunnel as he scans it.

Lejosh
2012-12-11, 07:55 PM
Shyvana's light makes it so you can see a good 20m in front of yourselves as you head down the corridor. There is a torch every 10m that swaps sides each time and the stone flooring is cracked all over the place suggesting it hadn't been used in a long while.
After a short while you come across another metal trapdoor up a small flight of stairs. There is no handle on your side but that doesn't mean it isn't open able.

Arcran
2012-12-11, 07:58 PM
"Give me some help with this- what did you say your name was?" Tucker asks, putting his hands on it.

Dragonsage
2012-12-11, 08:04 PM
"My name's Melody." She introduced herself before moving forward to help him with the door. "And you're name is?" She asked before giving a push.

Arcran
2012-12-11, 08:05 PM
"Tucker. Rhymes with," he says, leaning in to whisper the last word before chuckling like an overgrown child, which, to be honest, he is.

Lejosh
2012-12-11, 08:15 PM
As you both lean into push the door open it swings open and you find yourself in what looks like a book cupboard. There is a wooden door between two of the book shelves but it has a large lock on it that appears to only open from the outside.

Arcran
2012-12-11, 08:16 PM
Tucker rushes over to the door, knocking on it urgently.

"BATTLE MEEEEEE!" he cries, pounding on the door with his fists.

Dragonsage
2012-12-11, 09:04 PM
Melody blushes slightly as he completed his ryhme. She was also a little stunned by this, so she didn't really have time to react to Tucker rushing up to the door and started to bang against it. She was about to tell him to stop, but since there was really no point in telling him to quite down if the door was locked from the otherside and it would be redundant at this point to go back.

Lejosh
2012-12-11, 10:59 PM
After you finish banging on the door a man opens it with wide eyes before turning his head to see the open trap door and he seemed less shocked then saying "Oh, I forgot that was there." He then looked at Tucker and said "If you want a battle then fine, but I will not if you keep yelling and ranting on about like if you don't get a battle you will die because you are far from it sonny."

Arcran
2012-12-11, 11:07 PM
After you finish banging on the door a man opens it with wide eyes before turning his head to see the open trap door and he seemed less shocked then saying "Oh, I forgot that was there." He then looked at Tucker and said "If you want a battle then fine, but I will not if you keep yelling and ranting on about like if you don't get a battle you will die because you are far from it sonny."

Tucker clears his throat due to it being a little raw due to his yelling.

"Sorry, just wanted to get your attention. Name's Tucker," he says, extending a sweaty hand to the Gym Leader. "Where do we battle?" he says, looking around for an arena of some sort.

Dragonsage
2012-12-11, 11:17 PM
Melody approaches the gym leader and gives him an apologetic bow. "We're sorry. We were just trying to get our gym match before we had leave town."

Lejosh
2012-12-11, 11:59 PM
Thea leader shakes your hand before saying "Can't even sit down for a single second. Young people today. Fine then, we shall battle. Follow me to the arena."

You both follow him into a large room with lines drawn up on the ground. "You all want a battle but the question is, who is going first?" The man says as he walks over to a small PC at the far end of the stadium.

Arcran
2012-12-12, 12:02 AM
Thea leader shakes your hand before saying "Can't even sit down for a single second. Young people today. Fine then, we shall battle. Follow me to the arena."

You both follow him into a large room with lines drawn up on the ground. "You all want a battle but the question is, who is going first?" The man says as he walks over to a small PC at the far end of the stadium.

"I'll go!" Tucker says, walking forward, grasping Green's Pokeball. He was ready to do this, and it'd be the perfect test for his new Pokemon.

"Watch and learn baby," he whispers to Melody as he walks by.

Lejosh
2012-12-12, 12:39 AM
As you walk past Melody and up to your end of the field the gym leader walks over the his side and says "My name is Rick. I am the first gym leader you will face in this region and as such, the weakest you will battle. " As he finishes he throws a Pokeball into the air saying "Go! Hippopotas!" As he does a flash of light comes out of the ball and turns into a solid form in the arena. The creature looks like some form of Hippopotamus and it easily settles onto the sandy arena between you both. "Choose your Pokemon and we shall battle." The gym leader states.

Arcran
2012-12-12, 12:41 AM
As you walk past Melody and up to your end of the field the gym leader walks over the his side and says "My name is Rick. I am the first gym leader you will face in this region and as such, the weakest you will battle. " As he finishes he throws a Pokeball into the air saying "Go! Hippopotas!" As he does a flash of light comes out of the ball and turns into a solid form in the arena. The creature looks like some form of Hippopotamus and it easily settles onto the sandy arena between you both. "Choose your Pokemon and we shall battle." The gym leader states.

Jakob looks at the Pokemon, a little worried about its size, but Green can handle this.

"Alright Green, let's go!" he says, releasing the Caterpie. It looks back at him, a little in shock. He was going to have to fight THAT?

"Don't worry, I have a plan," he whispers to the Pokemon. "Just do as I say."

Lejosh
2012-12-12, 01:17 AM
A referee comes over to the left of the field from your view before raising 2 flags and saying "This will be a 1-on-1 Pokemon battle. Begin" As he says this Rick calls out "Hippopotas use Dig!" As he says this his Hippopotas digs itself into the ground, hiding its body from you.

Field (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An4kaTkMsYz9dGlXVkhWODVJSUEtQjJYSTNveU5zR kE)

Arcran
2012-12-12, 01:36 AM
"Alright Green, let's see if we can get a little further away from that big guy!"

Green will shift backwards 1 to E10.

Lejosh
2012-12-12, 01:51 AM
As Green moves backwards you can see some sand moving from where Hippopotas buried himself and you think he is moving forward and then surfacing at E4.

Field (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An4kaTkMsYz9dGlXVkhWODVJSUEtQjJYSTNveU5zR kE#gid=0)

Arcran
2012-12-12, 02:11 AM
"Alright girl, let's do this! Tie him up!" Tucker shouts.

The Caterpie shoots out a stream of webbing somewhat hesitantly, tying up the Hippopotas. Seeing that she was now faster than it, she adds more to the webbing, tying it up even more.

Using String Shot. -1 Speed Stage, -1 to all Movement Capabilities. Already hit once, so these effects are compounded.
AC: 2 [roll0]

After the second String Shot she uses her silk to cross the map.

Threaded: [roll1]
Don't need. Ends up in J10.

Lejosh
2012-12-12, 03:58 AM
Your String Shots tie the Hippopotas well causing his speed to drop greatly before you move to the corner of the field. As you do the Hippopotas moves towards you as well.

Field (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An4kaTkMsYz9dGlXVkhWODVJSUEtQjJYSTNveU5zR kE#gid=0)

planswalker
2012-12-12, 06:30 AM
Sensing that the crowd isn't getting less hostile, Herby will quietly follow his companion around back.

Arcran
2012-12-12, 09:34 AM
"Alright Green, you're doing good! Hit him again! Tie that big sucker down!"

Green does so, loosing more string at the large hippo before using his string to cross the entire arena.

String Shot!
-1 Speed Stage, -1 to all Movement Capabilities. If this hits, total of -3 to both.
AC: 2 [roll0]
Move to A10 using Threaded.

Lejosh
2012-12-12, 04:57 PM
As your String Shot hits for a third time the Hippopotas is getting more annoyed at its treatment as Rick calls out "Keep going Hippopotas! Get closer to him and then we can take him!" As he says this Hippopotas again begins to move closer to you.

Field (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An4kaTkMsYz9dGlXVkhWODVJSUEtQjJYSTNveU5zR kE#gid=0)

Arcran
2012-12-12, 05:11 PM
Hippopotas isn't on the map ATM.

Arcran
2012-12-12, 05:15 PM
"Alright girl, keep it up! He can't catch you! The bigger they are and all that!"

Green obliges, sending yet another coat of string at the Hippopotas, likely tying it up even more. Green then thwips across the arena for good measure, ending up on the other side. Sure, she probably could take a hit; doesn't mean she wants to.

String Shot, AC 2
[roll0]
If hit, -4 Stages and -4 Movement -1 to Movement.
Move to A1.

Lejosh
2012-12-12, 06:34 PM
"Let's try something else Hippopotas! Move away from it! Then bury yourself!" Rick calls out. The Hippopotas then steps back, and digs itself into the ground burying itself under the sand of the arena.

Field (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An4kaTkMsYz9dGlXVkhWODVJSUEtQjJYSTNveU5zR kE#gid=0)

Arcran
2012-12-12, 06:52 PM
Tucker just shrugs.

"What, is your big scary Hippopotas scared of a little tiny Caterpie?" he taunts.

"Green, make it hard for him. Get a coat of goo on the ground."

Green complies, coating the ground next to her in goo.

B1 and B2 covered.

Lejosh
2012-12-12, 11:40 PM
You can see the mound that is the Hippopotas under the sand moves backwards away from Green before surfacing but also creating a little crater around itself with walls that make it so the lowest Green can see of it is its eyes.

Field (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An4kaTkMsYz9dGlXVkhWODVJSUEtQjJYSTNveU5zR kE#gid=0)

Arcran
2012-12-12, 11:45 PM
Tucker just shakes his head.

"You have at least a hundred pounds on my Pokemon and you just sit away from me? What, scared of some silly string?"

Green continues to do nothing, coating more ground with webbing.

B2, A3

Lejosh
2012-12-13, 12:34 AM
Rick takes a second to think as Green sprays down another layer of String Shot before calling out "Hippopotas, carefully move forward!" as he says this the big Hippo moves through his defenses carefully, watching Green as he does.