PDA

View Full Version : Yours For The Taking Thread A [D&D 3.5] (IC)



Heart
2012-11-15, 05:52 PM
A bird flies over the dimly lit town of Haark, a port city in Merstial. The streets, almost devoid of citizens and having very few guards patrolling the streets, have little chance to catch the several prisoners who were just released. They scatter in several directions, running from cover to cover trying to avoid the law. Many of these prisoners are on their own, but a few groups did form.

Mink Orduno, Vlamad Horkenson Abaddon Windrunner, Isadora Mikhail, Eric the Red, and a man searching for his dog, Jor, each dash to an alley way in the city, seeking to find refuge in the home of Eric's mother, outside of the town.

Machuchang
2012-11-15, 09:29 PM
"Well 'ow's about tha', eh?" Abaddon chuckled. "I thought we'd never make it out o' tha' mess! Nice job all, by the way," He grinned.

Medic!
2012-11-15, 10:57 PM
Eric the Red

With a look that conveys nothing but confusion, "I have...no idea what just happened." He looks to his companions, and his face lights up with joy, "All things considered...don't reckon I care neither. I haven't seen Mother in over a week, let's get going! We're free! Free and still alive!"

The half-orc darts off towards home a bit more haphazardly than is wise, anxious to get home.

Heart
2012-11-15, 11:30 PM
Amidst the quiet steps of his companions, Eric's boots thunder down the streets. Each step on the stone resounds loudly, and shadows flicker in every direction as he passes the torches. Rats, not used to such a sight at this time, struggle to get out of sight and into the dark.

hoverfrog
2012-11-16, 01:32 AM
"Gort, be a dear and have a look around for me, would you? Mink sends her familiar out to scout their path. It wouldn't do to run into a patrol after taking so much effort to escape.

ElfiKay
2012-11-16, 03:12 PM
"Indeed, good job everyo-ah! Eric...!" Isidora waves after the half-orc as he rumbles down the street, then sighs and smiles, dropping her hand. "Well, no point in being stealthy behind him, I suppose," and lacing her fingers together behind her back, follows in his wake with the others, skipping slightly.

Machuchang
2012-11-16, 03:37 PM
Abaddon smiled as he watched Eric run down the street.

"Well, 'ere's 'opin' our big ol' friend doesn' lead us right back in, eh?" He winked at Isidora. "Bet 'is mum must be a real nice lady,"

Heart
2012-11-18, 01:18 AM
As the group hurries to keep in tow with Erik, Gort flies ahead to get a better view. Following the path it would take them to reach the best exit, he eventually heads over a few houses, devoid of lights and noise from within. Eventually the bird reaches the town square. Several different shops are seen, along with the tavern. Even with the night being so late, a lot of noise comes from within. There is music and singing, and several loud crashes and banging coming from within, the normal sounds of a tavern. In the center of the town square is a circular fountain, with a statue of the king of Merstial made of stone, holding a heroic pose.

A few unassuming natives to the town of Haark wander about, most leaving or going to the tavern, but two men also lean against the fountain. These two men wear tunics bearing the guards symbol.

hoverfrog
2012-11-18, 04:36 AM
As Gort returns to whisper in Mink's ear she passes the information to the others, "Yes, thank you sweetie," she breaks some bread for the raven to eat. "There are two guards by the fountain ahead, I think we should go round.

ElfiKay
2012-11-18, 04:23 PM
Isidora nods, "Yeah, despite all the nostalgic feelings I have for my jail cell, I'd like to never go back. I know another route to take, though, so we can skirt the square. Hey, Eric!" she called forward, waving him back to the group, "C'mon, we're going this way now." She glanced about to confirm her bearings, then turned onto another path.

Medic!
2012-11-18, 05:57 PM
Eric the Led

The half-orc skids to a halt as a ponderous look comes over his features. He shakes his head and moves back to the others, "Well then, lead the way Chief!" He falls in at a more reasonable pace, keeping close to the group this time.

Machuchang
2012-11-18, 07:11 PM
Abaddon chuckled at Isidora's words.

"Well said, lass. Lead the way,"

Heart
2012-11-20, 09:24 PM
Isa leads the group through several different back alleys. At each new turn, a memory of the past seems to spark in her head, telling her which way to turn to find the quickest path. In the distance, the church bells begin to ring. In the streets you can hear many steps running across the roads and doors slamming open and shut. Faintly, you can hear, "Prisoner escape!"

Medic!
2012-11-20, 09:39 PM
Eric the Mis-lead(er)

Eric continues following Isa's directions, confident in her knowledge of the town. Hearing the distant shouting, self-preservation takes the reigns. "They're headed for the docks!" he shouts at the top of his lungs.

He gives an apologetic look to those around him with a shrug. "Well, it is the other way..."

**** on the others, I. Want. To. Go. Home!

hoverfrog
2012-11-21, 01:57 AM
Mink runs over the casting of the dancing lights spell in case we need a distraction. "We should go quietly, I think." Having said that she slips on the wet cobblestone to fall flat on her face, letting out a high squeal of pain. "Sorry"

Hide [roll0]
Move silently [roll1]

ElfiKay
2012-11-21, 07:57 PM
"Oh, careful!" Isidora extends a hand to help Mink to her feet, then looks at the others in the group. "She's right though, we should try to get there as quickly and quietly as possible."

Move Silently: [roll0]

Heart
2012-11-22, 04:11 PM
The group begins to slow the pace, favoring a quieter pace. They navigate the back alleys quietly enough, except for one. The man looking for his dog, tagging along behind, continues to loudly stumble over his feet and kick into things. A voice speaks from the dark, sound waves bouncing off the walls until they reach the group, "I can hear something over here," and then footsteps start to approach the group, along with a glowing light that slowly gets brighter and brighter.

Medic!
2012-11-23, 02:12 AM
Eric the Galant

Eric whispers to Isa, "Do you trust me? Keep a weapon ready and hidden, and follow my lead. Everyone else get out of sight and be ready to help out, I have an idea..."

hoverfrog
2012-11-23, 02:15 AM
Mink steps out of sight and casts Dancing Lights (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dancingLights.htm) as quietly as she can. She directs the four torch lights to the limit of the range across the square. She has them slowly climb the tallest building in sight. Directing the familiar to the move round towards the spell and then catch up with us, "Gort, my love, would you fly over to the lights and make a noise. Knock over a plant pot or something, there's a darling. Hopefully that'll serve as a distraction."

ElfiKay
2012-11-23, 07:29 PM
Isidora nods at Eric, slipping her dagger up her sleeve, then starts as Mink casts a spell. Looking between the two she murmurs, "Well, between the two of you, something should get us out of this mess. I guess we should just try to keep moving for now, but keep alert. Should we get into a situation, everyone get out of sight. I'll trust your lead, Eric."

Machuchang
2012-11-23, 07:54 PM
"Sounds like a plan," Abaddon said, as he crouched down, trying to keep out of sight.

Heart
2012-11-26, 01:32 AM
"What's that?"

"Must be the prisoners. Stay here Rig an' keep an eye out, shout if you see 'nythin'." You hear a pair of feet begin to run towards Gort's distraction, while the illumination of the torch remains in its spot.

ElfiKay
2012-11-27, 04:26 PM
Isidora heaves a relieved sigh inwardly to herself as one of the guards leaves. Hopefully Mink's raven, Gort, would provide enough of a distraction for the second guard, Rig, to leave, but if not... Well, hopefully Eric's plan could get them out in that case. She glances around to the rest of the group and tilts her head to the shadows where they may hide, but stays behind Eric as he had requested.

Machuchang
2012-11-28, 01:45 AM
Abaddon nodded back to Isidora. Then, crouching even lower than he had been before, he slid his way into the shadows.

"Nice move there, wit' th' bird," He whispered as quietly as he could while still being able to be heard by his companions. "Would one o' you like t' lead the way though? These stubby legs o' mine might slow us down..."

hoverfrog
2012-11-28, 02:33 AM
Mink moves the light up the wall of a building so that it appears as if someone is climbing. While she does so she notches a bolt to her crossbow, "Just in case." Then she starts moving quietly away from Rig.

Hide [roll0]
Move silently [roll1]

Incidentally if anyone has ranks in Bluff (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/bluff.htm) then creating a diversion is exactly one of the things that you can do with it. My measly +1 probably won't cut it though.

Medic!
2012-11-28, 12:10 PM
Eric

Eric breathes a sigh of relief as the group begins stalking away from the guards. By the dead that's a happy bit of luck. He tries to keep as quiet as possible as he follows the group.


Eric's bluff's only got a +0, so you have him beat! [roll0][roll1] (both checks include his armor check penalty)

Machuchang
2012-11-28, 12:19 PM
Forgot to roll Abaddon's stuff in the previous post. :smallredface:

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

And since he's got a Bluff of +8, we could try and use him for the distraction. I'll roll just in case.
Bluff: [roll2]

ElfiKay
2012-11-28, 12:54 PM
Isidora waits for a moment as Abaddon and Mink begin to slip away, then brings up the rear with Eric, using gestures to indicate to the first two which turns to take through the alleys.

I'll add Isidora's bluff into the mix, just in case, though she may end up more hindrance than help if she opens her mouth. Bluff: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]
Move Silently: [roll2]

Heart
2012-12-01, 03:47 AM
OOC: With the way the passages work, you wouldn't cross the guards line of sight in the direction you're headed, so only a move silently check is needed. I'd attempt a map, but I'm currently a bit too intoxicated. And the guard rolled a one, so I think you're in the clear.

The man who commanded Rig heads towards the distraction as the rest of the group quietly sneaks through the alleys. The group reaches the end of the town perimeter with the guidance of Isa, then the roads. With the help of Erik, they reach the home of his mother after a few hours.

OOC for Eric: Medic!, please describe what the group sees after they reach your mother's home. Basically, the homes outward appearance.

Medic!
2012-12-01, 06:11 PM
Be it ever so shambled...

As the dirt road dwindles to dirt path, the grassy fields give way to a sparse but ever-encroaching wood. After several minutes the dirt trail towards another settlement veers off, leaving you following something akin to a glorified game trail. The occassional mighty oak tree becomes less and less common as the countryside begins to be dominated by copses of pine and evergreen, leaving a soft blanket of nettles under-foot.

You push your way through a hedge-row of conifers and arrive in a small open field ripe with wheat. Across the field a small shack breathes a delicate plume of smoke into the air. The humble structure looks big enough to house two people, at best, within its split-log walls. A slightly sloped thatched roof if within arms reach of a latched loft door on the side of the building with rope rigging next to it for moving hay from the loft to the ground.

In a pasture adjacent to the wheat field an old mule brays at your approach. About twice a stone's throw from the small cabin a worn and hard-used woodsman's axe is wedged into an even more-abused tree stump, kept company by a plough that seems archaic even by the day's standards. From here you can see the one doorway into the cabin, held open by a tie-off in celebration of the pleasant weather. Your footsteps are measured out by the slapping of the shutters on the only window in sight, banging rhythmically with the earth-rich breeze.

Machuchang
2012-12-01, 06:50 PM
"I 'ave t' say, this is rather idyllic," Abaddon said with a grin as he took in his surroundings. "Must be nice t' live aroun' 'ere; smells bloody wonderful,"

He couldn't help but walk off the path a few times as they traveled, enjoying the crunch of the leaves and nettles far too much to leave them be. By the time they reached the house, his smile only expanded.

"Lovely. Jus' lovely. Y'r a lucky man, Erik," He said as he turned his larger companion.

Heart
2012-12-05, 10:36 PM
After searching a bit, the group discovers Erik's mother is not at the home. A light breeze floods through the forest, rattling all of the mostly leafless branches and causing the dead leaves to come alive in a whirlwind, scattering about the land. Among the chirping and stamping of the woodland creatures, a chopping sound echoes throughout the woods. It seems to be a few hundred yards behind the house.

Medic!
2012-12-06, 02:38 AM
Eric

Eric takes a deep breath, soaking in everything around him. "It's home, I'll tell ya that much!"

At the sound of the chopping, Eric begins jogging off into the woods, "Mom! I'm home Mom!"

hoverfrog
2012-12-06, 04:44 AM
"Better go with him. I wouldn't want to miss the tearful reunion." Mink follows Eric.

Heart
2012-12-07, 11:29 PM
OOC: Suppose I should've mentioned after the journey to the house, it is now morning.

As the group pushes through the woods, the echo of the chopping gets louder and louder. Eventually in the distance, you can see a clearing. The ground is bedded by thousands of dead leaves, causing a crisp crunch between footsteps. In the center of the clearing is a large tree stump. Several split logs sit in a stack to the side, and few unsplit logs at the other. Erik's mother stands in front of it, wielding an axe. She lifts it high over her head, and brings it down upon a log, splitting it cleanly in two and sends the two pieces scattering in opposite directions, leaving the axe stuck in the stump. The she turns her attention to the group, and her head is beaded with several strands of sweat.

"Erik!" She quickly rushes towards him, embracing him in a big hug when they meet. Without letting go, she says, "Where have you been? I've been worried to death!. Oh, you've brought friends. Well good! I've got too much extra bread anyway, it would go stale."

OOC: Because I'm lazy, her description is here, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258881&page=15) without the apron. See Medic!'s post about her.

Medic!
2012-12-14, 01:25 PM
Erik

"I got a little tied up Ma, sorry!" He squeezes her with all his strength, lifting her off the ground and swinging her about in a circle. "These are some friends of mine, they were wondering if they could stay here for a bit. I can go hunt something up for dinner. Which reminds me..." Eric drops his pack on the ground and digs out an iron pot, holding it up with a smile. "I brought you a present!"

Super sorry that took so long, got distracted by work/school...feel free to smack me!

Heart
2012-12-15, 12:58 PM
She gives Erik a motherly smack on the head :smallbiggrin: "Oh don't you ever be doing that again! Now of course your friends are welcome to stay here as long as they need. C'mon everyone, if you're not going with Eric, come with me, let me show you around."

Medic!
2012-12-15, 01:47 PM
Eric

Eric rubs the spot on his head, obviously used to such treatment and favors his mother with a playfully sour look. "I'll stow my gear and see what I can scrape up by dinner time! Can I use your bow Mom?" Before he finishes asking, he's already sprinting off towards the house to drop off his pack. He changes clothes and grabs the sheathe off a rusty old sword, a momento from his father, so his mom says, and snatches her bow and a quiver with a handful of arrows off the mantle.

Eric sheathes his new sword and wraps the belt around his shoulder, then strap his mother's quiver around his thigh and sets off to find something with a face to eat.

If that's too much for one post, I have no issues with breaking it down. In the eventuality that hunting gets to happen: [roll0]

Machuchang
2012-12-15, 03:37 PM
Abaddon grinned up at Eric's mother, taking her hand and kissing a knuckle.

"'ello, ma'am! Th' name's Abaddon Windrunner. It's a pleasure t' make your acquaintance. Eric's a darn good lad. Y' should be proud of him," He said, grinning cheekily. "'n let me say, thank y' so very much for your hospitality. Y've got quite a lovely home here!"

hoverfrog
2012-12-15, 04:23 PM
Mink glides over to Eric's mother, "Enchanté, madam," she curtsies formally, "It is so good of your darling son to invite us to tea. I do hope that we don't put you to any inconvenience." She then backs away and waits to be invited in to the house.

Heart
2012-12-18, 09:41 PM
OOC: If anyone wants to Aid Another with Eric, feel free to run off with him.

Erik dashes towards the woods, bow in hands.

"Oh my you're a friendly lot! Please come, let me show you around my humble l'il home!" She starts towards her house, twirling the pan in her hands.

hoverfrog
2012-12-19, 05:40 AM
"Is there anywhere a lady could freshen up? We've been up most of the night. I'm Mink Orduno by the way and this is Gort," she indicates the raven on her shoulder and waits for 'Mom' to give her own name all the while trying to suppress a yawn.

Heart
2012-12-25, 04:54 PM
"Of course of course! Well..." She looks around the area a bit. "I don't exactly have a bathhouse, but there is a small pond near here, it's clean I promise! Here, let me lead you. I'm Eranna"

ElfiKay
2012-12-25, 10:57 PM
Wearied by the spurt of adventure behind her, Isidora drinks in the sight of the reunion by the home in the woods, feeling some sense of relief at the happy scene. She turns slowly in a full circle, taking in everything as Erik leaves to hunt, then mentally shakes herself a bit and skips forward slightly to Erik's mother. "I'm happy to meet you, Eranna. I'm Isidora Mikhail, and I must admit, I could use a bit of a clean-up myself, if I could also make use of this pond." She smiles cheerfully as she introduces herself, and drops a little curtsy.

Heart
2013-01-04, 10:12 PM
Eranna begins to take you all through the maze of the woods. It's about a five minute walk before you arrive at a shallow pond. the water looks clean, save for a few leaves that have fallen on top. Several rocks also protrude into the surface. A large tree sits to the side of it, with a thick branch overhanging the pond.

Eric, away from the rest of the group, has quickly find luck with his hunt. Even with the short time he's been gone, he's found several tracks of a deer nearby.

hoverfrog
2013-01-05, 05:49 PM
Mink strips off and eases into the pool of water, "Goodness, it's cold."

"I wish I'd picked up a bar of soap from..um..where we stayed last. My clothes are in need of a bit of a wash. I don't suppose you've got anything, Isidora?" not waiting for an answer she rinses out the worst of the dirt from the hem that they'd picked up traipsing through the woods. If there's no soap she then squeezes the water out and hangs the dress over a branch to dry off while she washes herself. "Eric won't come this way hunting will he? she asks, "And where did we leave Abaddon?"

Machuchang
2013-01-07, 02:26 PM
Abaddon shook his head as the women went off to get washed. Who would want to remove the lovely dirt from the beautiful, clean-smelling outdoors, especially after spending so long a time in a cell? It was a mystery to him. Besides, it probably wouldn't have been in his best interest to go bathing would two members of the opposite sex anyhow.

Deciding not to be a burden on good, old Eranna, and also to avoid the inevitably awkwardness of a one-on-one interaction with a stranger who seemed way too smart for her own good, Abaddon disappeared into the forest, choosing to search for Eric instead.

Heart
2013-01-09, 01:44 AM
(Insert former prisoner's name who has been traveling with you here) jumps into the pool, eager to clean himself. He quickly strips completely down, uncaring of any female eyes that may be viewing him.

"I'm going to go prepare some food for ye all, some bread and fruits I've gathered. Make sure you send Erik my way with his bounty, and we may yet get to share a feast!"

It doesn't take long for Abaddon to reach Erik, he travels for about ten minutes, passing small game and colorful bushels of berries all around, before he hears the cried snorting of a deer. Abaddon travels through the brush a few moments longer before spotting Erik close to a tree, bow in hand. A deer is slumped a few dozen yards away, an arrow protrudes from it's lungs.

OOC: Medic!: I hope you don't feel like I took control of Erik or anything, I'm just trying to move this along a bit, apologies.

Medic!
2013-01-09, 01:55 AM
Eric

Eric startles at the new arrival, but greets him warmly, "Just in time!" He hoists the deer up onto a shoulder with a grin.

"Whadaya say we get this critter cookin'?"


OOC:
No apology necessary, that's pretty much what I was waiting on...I'm a reactionary quiet kinda guy :smallcool:

hoverfrog
2013-01-09, 07:07 AM
The former prisoner's name is now.....Bob..or Roberto

Mink dunks down under the water when the lout flings himself into the pool but recovers quickly and starts ranting at him, "Roberto, you vile pig. Have you no respect for the privacy of ladies? Go and wait over there until we're finished with our bathing. Disgusting and uncouth man that you are." She absolutely refuses to leave the water until he is out of sight and continues to berate him for his ill manners as long as he's close by.

Heart
2013-01-09, 11:50 AM
"M- my apologies miss," he says sheepishly then begins to gather himself out of the pool, "I was only assumin', you know we did share a jail for weeks, I didn't think yourself would mind too much, I stink worse than any o' ya.

Abaddon and Erik emerge from the woods with the deer, a bit of blood has begun to stain Erik's clothing. The first site they see is a nude Bob climbing out of the water, heading for his clothes.

"Aye lads!" He waves, "Yer mother said somethin' about bringin' your hunt to her when you got it."

hoverfrog
2013-01-09, 12:48 PM
Of course, being a lady, Mink certainly doesn't watch young Roberto clamber out of the pond in his birthday suit. Once the men are out of sight she climbs out herself. With a cantrip she dries herself and her clothes off and then puts them on, offering to do the same for Isidora.

She even adds a faint hint of lavender and rose petals to the clothes. Once they are both properly attired, she walks sedately into Erik's home. She doesn't mention the incident with the pool and uses her spell to clean up the spilt blood. in fact while the spell is active she offers to help, "Could I prepare the dining area, Mother Eranna? Bank up the fire or somesuch?" She would consider it rude in a noble house but these are simple people and assuredly won't take offence at an offer to help out.

Cast Prestidigitation for cleaning and drying clothes and bodies, etc

Heart
2013-01-18, 12:48 PM
"Yes yes dear, that would be wonderful! Come everyone, let me show you around the house." As you enter, you notice the house has very humble accommodations. The wood floor creaks at key spots, and has a very faded colour. In each of door ways of the home, an animal rug lay across. It has three rooms. There is the den, a large table sets in the middle surrounded by chairs, and a fireplace sits against the wall. A shelf with a numerous amount of books sit to one corner, and there is a rack with a rusted mace on it. "That's Erik's father's. One of the last things I have of him." The next room is a simple kitchen. It has several tables for prep work, a few cupboards, and a wood stove. She then shows you the bedroom, which has one wardrobe and too single sized beds.

A few hours passed and the meal is ready. After she gets everyone seated, you see there is plenty of venison from the deer, bread, and a mix of fruits and vegetables of the land, mostly berries. She serves a cheap wine and water to drink.

"Now Erik, why don't you tell me how you met these friends of yours?"

hoverfrog
2013-01-25, 12:34 PM
"Yes Erik, I've love to hear your take on how we all met," Mink smiles sweetly and waits for the son to explain to his mother how he ended up in a cell.

hoverfrog
2013-02-15, 03:20 AM
Noting Eric's reticence, the dear boy was blushing furiously and seemed unable to speak at all, Mink decided to tell the truth. "Mother Errana, we met in a prison cell and escaped together." Hopefully the revelation isn't too much for the old woman so she tried to reassure her, "For myself I am guilty of no more than trying to escape an unpleasant arranged marriage. Eric was poaching, I believe, Bob here was just trying to brew his own ale. That town just hates people who like their freedom. We had to escape."

Heart
2013-03-17, 01:55 PM
"You escaped?! My goodness! Those awful guards locking you up like that!" She looks around at each of you then hangs her head, somewhat in shame. "I must admit, you lot must be more capable than your average fellow to have escaped, and Erik knows I hate to ask for help, but I'm afraid there's a pressing issue."

hoverfrog
2013-03-18, 06:48 AM
Oh no, Mink thinks to herself, what now? but outwardly she puts on a politely interested face and sips her mug of tea. She waits patiently for the large woman to continue.

Heart
2013-03-18, 10:48 AM
Eranna looks rather sheepish at first, looking down and not making eye contact with any one you, even Erik, she then frowns and furrows her brow, seeming to be put off by her own lack of confidence. "Erik, while you were gone, some men came around the house. They never actually came in the house, save once, but they caused me a bit of trouble. It started out with my garden being wrecked, and the things I left outside would go missing." She takes a long drink from a glass of water, and then clears her throat, "but then when I would be outside I could feel them watching me. Their laughter would bounce around the trees. One of the few times in my life is was frightened."

Eranna gets up and starts pacing around, stopping at a shattered window. "One morning, I was out, and I come home and there's a man sitting in that chair," she turns and points to a stiff chair by the fireplace, "and this window been broken. Man tells me there's a gang after me, and the only thing I can do is pay him for protection. Well," she raises her shoulders in a shrug and looks down for a moment, "so I started paying him, only the payments were increasin' every time. Didn' take me long to figure out this man was part a that gang, and they's just workin' me over.

hoverfrog
2013-03-26, 12:40 PM
"One man?" Mink smiles, "I'd bet that these annoyances would stop if this man's head were found to have accidentally fallen from his shoulders one day. Eric, what do you think?" Noticing the shocked expressions to her callous disregard for human life she quickly adds, "Hypothetically speaking, of course. I'd prefer to charm them or send them running with a well placed illusion or two."

Medic!
2013-03-26, 10:44 PM
Eric the Back-Again

Eric gives Mink an appreciative look. Not sure I could tell Mother what happened for real...Nice cover with the poaching, Pretty!

As the conversation turns towards his mom's woes, a furious rage boils up inside him, escaping in a snarled threat, "You point this man out, Mother, and I'll fold him in half and hook his nose into his belly-button to keep him that way!"

Heart
2013-03-26, 10:45 PM
Bob has his elbows propped on the table and his hands clasped together. "I think I may know a thing or two about this group. The guy, have green eyes?"

Eranna begins to shake her head, "One green eye, actually. The other one was blue."

Bob smacks his hands down onto the table, "Aha! His name's Joffer. I had a run in wit' 'im and his gang once or twice before I was locked up. Well, not his gang, strictly speaking, he's just more of a figurehead." Bob scoots his chair back and throws his arms behind his head, "Not the kinda people you wanna be fightin'. There's a lot of them."

hoverfrog
2013-03-27, 08:41 AM
A figurehead, Bob?" Mink has heard of power behind a throne and the phrase behind every successful man in a woman but to use one in a criminal organisation denotes intelligence. "Any idea who the real leader is? Oh and how many is 'a lot', roughly? A dozen, a score, a hundred?"

Heart
2013-03-27, 11:07 AM
Eranna looks a little embarrassed at Eric's outburst, but lets Bob continue. "Apparently the real leader is some wild sorceress who's been hanging out in the woods her whole life. Dunno how powerful she is, but people throw around a lot of theories 'bout Joffer thinkin' he's actually in control, and that she has his mind a complete blank state and does what she wants wit' 'im. Far as their numbers goes, I don't have it on paper or anything, but it's more like a camp of bandits then a gang. So yeah, a lot of 'em.

hoverfrog
2013-04-03, 04:16 PM
"I imagine that they'd collapse without their leader though."

Heart
2013-04-16, 12:31 AM
"Cut the head off the snake, yeah," he leans back on the table and crosses his arms, "though, what are the rest of them going to do, quit being bandits and find a day job? I'd say either Joffer would assume command, or they'd break off into smaller groups," he brings a hand to his mouth and clears his throat, "though there is a tribe of wood elves in the area that the camp has caused problems for, they could be willing to do the mop up."

Medic!
2013-04-16, 12:33 PM
Eric

Obviously still very agitated at the prospect of his mother being "shaken down," a slow but steady breeze of air off a glacier leaves his mouth. "Then treat it like a hydra, take all the heads and burn the rest."

hoverfrog
2013-04-17, 08:03 AM
"Why don't we approach these wood elves? They are unlikely to be unmolested by the bandits and may be willing to collaborate in a joint venture." Mink likes the idea of getting others to do the fighting much better than getting involved herself.

Heart
2013-04-18, 08:40 PM
A cool bit of air rushes the house, causing a window shutters to rattle hard against the walls. Eranna gets up to go and close them throughout the house, blocking out a lot of the sun and giving it the look of a dark tavern. As she gets to the last window, she pauses a moment before closing them.

"Mink, my dear, did you say you lot escaped from prison?" She asks

hoverfrog
2013-04-19, 07:39 AM
"Yes, it was a daring break out. I expect it will be in all the papers tomorrow and town criers will be announcing our names throughout the land in a few days. Why?" she stands and walks over to Mother Eranna and looks out of the window, half expecting to see a dozen town guards walking down the path. After all they've hardly covered their tracks well.

Heart
2013-05-11, 12:45 PM
About a hundred yards down the path, amidst the up swirl of leaves and small debris, three men stand and two set atop horses. Four of them look like guards from the town, and the man not in uniform, wearing a fall colored cloak with a bow in his hand, points to the house.

"Oh my, this isn't good! Quickly, the each of you, you have to hide or go or something! There's a cellar door under a mat in the kitchen or you can try sneakin' out the back. Go on now, I'll stall them, they've got nothin' against me so don't worry a thing."

hoverfrog
2013-05-12, 03:31 AM
Mink moves as directed and climbs into the cellar.

Heart
2013-05-27, 11:32 PM
Bob heads to the cellar with Mink, while the other two dash out towards the back door. Eranna looks to Erik and says, "Boy, you better get down there, they're heading for the door!"

As Mink and Bob descend the stairs, they can see many streams of light shining through the cracks from up above. Many barrels and various sacks lie around, and each step on the stairs comes with a loud groan.

hoverfrog
2013-05-28, 05:15 AM
"How delightful," Mink looks around at the mess, "Everyone over there please. I can hide us, I think. If we're all together."

Positioning themselves in one corner of the room Mink quickly casts a spell and draws together an illusion of a wall. It matches the bare stone and earth of the other walls, roughly carved but functional and sturdy. Against it she weaves the image of sacks and barrels just like in the real room so that the join looks natural. Hiding behind the illusion should fool the casual observer as long as they remain quiet.

Silent Image of a wall. Duration: Concentration

Medic!
2013-06-03, 02:19 PM
Eric the Red

Eric begins gripping the hilt of his borrowed sword and squeezing the leather wrap at the sighting of the posse approaching his home. He darts to the corner with the others and tries to slow his breathing and calm his nerves behind the illusionary wall as his blood reaches its boiling point.

[roll0] [roll1]