PDA

View Full Version : Shadows of the Past 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

AlanBruce
2012-12-26, 09:07 PM
@Dantie: Rosalind blushes at your request.

"The Freecity...the capital? I have never been there. I was told many grand temples to the Shining One are there, yes? Then there is Justcrown... I was raised there by the church and Father Wilhelm. We could get married there or in the city. Of course, Tarith may not be able to attend the wedding in Justcrown, sadly.... What do you suggest?"

@The Party: Xander walks back to the group with Tarith beside him.

"We have searched the homes. There was little left. An item of most interest, however. Perhaps the last of its kind. One of Kannoth's works of clay. A rare colectible, indeed. However, as much as I would like to muse on the marvels of sculpture, it would be wise to abandon these dead lands. Maybe one day we will return, Dantie. For now, I believe Tarith needs to treated of his arm. Shall we get in the carriage?"

You all get in. With Dantie and Rosalind inside and Xander holding the reins with one hand while Tarith sits beside him at the coach seat.

"I think we may have a cure for your malady, Tarith. If my prediction is correct, she may be of great help."

Xander shuts his eyes and focuses on the shores of the Font of Life, just before the pier, where the dead deer was found days ago. He orders the forces of Time and Space themselves to push them forward at a speed measured in thought alone.

Chance for arrival [roll0]

AlanBruce
2012-12-26, 09:18 PM
@The Party: You feel the entire carriage shake as the horses look around neighing. They are scared. They do not understand what is happening. Such tremendous power from a feeble man. Truly Xander has pulled his weight so far. How terrible would it be to face him, should he ever be on an opposing side. Isiflis having tasted but a fraction of his power.

Then, in a flash, you are gone. Hammerbruk is left alone and grey as the crows fly overhead and the mountain casts its foreboding shadow on an abandoned town. May nobody ever stop there for any reason.

In contrast to the cold, grey skies of Hammerbruk, it is truly nice to be greeted by the smell of sundew and a gentle breeze coming from the lake. The horses, upon flashing to the shores, calm their neighing and bend their necks down to lap at the water. A flock of cranes fly above you as the Weeping Willows create silent pulses upon the calm pool. The foreboding mists are gone now, as they were when Arrallae visited the lake. You can spot from the carriage a boat a few hundred feet on the lake. Two figures. One is, undoubtedly Arrallae, with her solar crown. The other seems to be standing on the edge of the boat and tugging at at the water with a fishing rod. The canopy above sheds light at odd intervals. Everything is as bright colored as you left it. How different from Palindurias' domain.

@Dantie: Rosalind steps out of the carriage.

"What is this place, Dantie? It's beautiful!"

dantiesilva
2012-12-26, 09:38 PM
There is one thing to count on with Tarith. As long as his will is strong enough or he is challenged he can and will do anything. But to stop him from having to break the laws I suggest doing the wedding in the Freecity. I am sure we can get all those you want to meet us their when it is time. Dantie says to her with a smile. I only wish Arralle could be there. Perhaps we could do it twice. The first time by her in the fey woods, and the other in he Freecity? Dantie suggests to her.

As Dantie feels Xander begin to use his arcane powers he quickly takes a seat and in moments they are all at the font of life. As Dantie steps out of the carriage he looks around at the place that he once almost tried to destroy a fey believing her to be one of the undead. As he looks around he sees Jacob and Arralle in the boat. Jacob seems to be fishing, something Dantie never quite enjoyed the taste of or the sport. While Arralle seems to just be their for the peace. Rosalind welcome to the fey wilds, home to many but this particular haven belongs to a very special fey. And a close friend to Xander and Arralle. Then more quietly to her he says If I am not mistaken she likes Xander alot as well. Maybe even as much as I love you. As for the two figures in the boat, one is Jacob Duncan, Guardian of the gate. And the other is Arralle, you may know her as the morningstar though.

Archmage1
2012-12-26, 09:53 PM
"Rosalind, do you really think I would be so stupid as to wear my own face in Justcrown? You wound me."

After the teleport
"Hey... we managed to have the carriage up the right way this time. It IS the right way up, right?"
Tarich waits for someone to open the door, and checks that the carriage is the right way up. It is.
"Dantie, would you take all my fun away? It would be quite entertaining to have a wanted felon attending the marriage bound to attract the powerful members of the law."
Tarith pauses for a moment, considering
"Of course, it would also be fun to be absent. Think of the opportunity. Now, Dantie, what makes you think Arrallae can't be there? As I recall, she can teleport, as can Anzaril, and Xander can probably give them an image of where to go."

After rebutting Dantie's statement, Tarith yells over the lake
"Hello again. I would wave, but..."

dantiesilva
2012-12-26, 10:02 PM
And it would be more rewarding to me to have a trusted friend attending my wedding. As for them not being able to be there, do you think anyone would let her leave? She would be used as a weapon. We can not have that.

AlanBruce
2012-12-26, 10:04 PM
@Dantie: Rosalind's eyes open wide at your statement.

"She is the Morning Star? The Morningstar from the texts? Dantie, she is Pelor's most devoted warrior! Entire hymns are sung in her honor! And we can get married by her? How...how can I even present myself to her? Should I refer to her by any title?"

@The Party: A breeze blows from the lake and you hear Anzaril's voice whispered through the willows.

Xander! I thought you would be here later! And you brought your friends and... who is she? Wait a moment...

You watch from the shore that Arrallae pats Jacob in the back and points at you. Jacob stops tugging at the rod and puts in on the boat and starts rowing towards the shore. After a few minutes, Arralae in all her glorious presence, as if the Sun itself had crowned her, steps forth from the boat with Jacob behind. A few moments later, Anzaril of the Raven Hair. Lady of the Font of Life, emerges from the water with her lily pad motif cloak.

"Welcome back, Dantie, Tarith, Xander. It is a pleasure to see you again. I had feared your trip might have taken a wrong turn. Hello, I am Arrallae. Who do I have the pleasure of meeting in such good company?"

Rosalind immediately drops on one knee in reverence.

"My apologies, Morningstar. I am but a humble servant of the Radiant One. I am Rosalind, acolyte of Pelor. It is an incredible honor to meet you."

Arrallae gives her a warm smile and puts her hand out to her to stand up.

"The honor is all mine. I am simply Arrallae, Rosalind."

@The Party: Jacob walks towards you and gives each one a firm handshake.

"Welcome back, Dantie. And again, thank you for everything you have done."

"Rosalind, is it? A pleasure to meet you madam. I am Jacob."

"Xander, you are one to thank and most of all, in my opinion. Glad to see you again."

He stretches his hand out to Tarith and realizes, the spellthief can't shake his hand back.

"Oh...damn. Tarith, I hope you have had a safe trip?"

Anzaril shoves Jacob to the side.

"Xander!!! If it isn't my favorite wizard. And the only one too! Have you come to swim in the Lake? The weather here is fine and the water is fresh."

She looks at Tarith's arms.

"Well...the water is fresh, at least."

Archmage1
2012-12-26, 10:08 PM
"Dantie, It would all depend on the presentation. If we disguised her, and she concealed her power, she should be fine. If Nerine and company decide to say hello, there should be a large number of allies in the crowd. However, before planning an ambush, I would like the use of my arms."

After the others arrive
"Hello again. Jacob, I would shake your hand, but I had a run in with Arrallae's opposite. I was hoping that she might be able to repair my arms."
Tarith ignores Anzaril's bait.

dantiesilva
2012-12-26, 10:20 PM
Yes she is, though she does not remember her past and simply goes by Arralle. Dantie says to Rosalind.

It is a pleasure to see you again to Arralle. Though I wish it was under better circumstances as Tarith has pointed out. After Rosalind introduces herself Dantie once again addresses her. We came for a few reasons Arralle, one being that we saw a ghost imiage of you speaking to the child that resides there. It seems in the past you both knew each other. We also came to hopefully repair Tariths arms and if you are willing for you to marry me and Rosalind. Dantie then takes Jacobs arm It is good to see you as well Jacob. I hope all goes well.

AlanBruce
2012-12-26, 10:21 PM
@Tarith: Jacob raises an eyebrow.

"Her opposite? What do you mean by that, Tarith?"

Arrallae walks towards you and feels your hands. Being very careful while touching them, so as to not crumble them to dead flakes of flesh.

"Who did this to you, Tarith? It is like the ones we dealt days ago, but you are not amongst them. However, all of you..."

She looks particularly to Rosalind.

"...you have been affected by something very... different from what I can do. I feel a strong sense of dread and death about you. If this is my fault, I will do everything I can to remedy the situation. My apologies."

Archmage1
2012-12-26, 10:22 PM
"It may be your fault, but not you as you are now. Can you help? This was done by... I would call him your opposite."

AlanBruce
2012-12-26, 10:28 PM
@Dantie: Arrallae smiles at your request.

"I have never married anyone before, Dantie. It would be my honor to do so, if Rosalind has no problem, of course."

"I would have no such problem, madam. It would be a tremendous honor." Rosalind bows.

Arrallae then goes serious.

"An image of me? I am sorry, Dantie, I would not know of this child. Maybe I did, once. My memories are still blurry. Why would I be there, as a lingering memory?"

@Tarith: Anzaril walks close to you and takes a whiff of your arms.

"You are certainly not swimming with those. However, Arrallae, if I may? Perhaps I can discern what this is and...ideally...remove it."

NathanB1486
2012-12-26, 10:28 PM
Xander returns Jacob's handshake.
The spell required all of us to function, I was only one part of it, it has been working well I take it?

Xander chuckles slightly at Anzaril's comment.
It is good to know I have no competition for favorite wizard at the moment. After the the events of the last few days, I could certainly use a swim. However, currently restoring Tarith's arm's if our priority. It seemed Palindurias took offense to Tarith's use of his daggers, and used a most unfortunate spell on Tarith, making his arms useless currently.

Xander watches Arrallae study Tarith's arms.

Spellcraft [roll0] (To identify anything Arrallae casts.)

Archmage1
2012-12-26, 10:31 PM
"If you can end the effect, please do so. I tried to resist it, but his magic was too powerful. Afterwards, I think I will need to clean my equipment, and myself."

AlanBruce
2012-12-26, 10:37 PM
@Xander: You watch Arrallae place her hand on Tarith's hand and casts a spell Cassiel used on you.

Heal.

Anzaril turns to look at you.

"The Witherlimb spell, Xander. A dangerous spell that does not kill the opponent but renders it effectively useless in battle. Whoever did this wanted to make sure Tarith never used his arms again...I must wonder why. At any rate, although the spell is supposed to be permanent, it can be removed. If the right arts are applied by the right caster..."

Anzaril smiles.

"Of course, it would take great effort on behalf of said caster to remove it. Whoever were subject to being released from this curse would have to pay tremendous respect and praise for being cured..."

dantiesilva
2012-12-26, 11:42 PM
Then it is settled. We shall be wed under your blessing. Dantie says happily to the two women before him. Then looks to Anzaril and says I know we did not get off on the right foot, but I hope we can put the past behind us. And as such I would appreciate you coming as well as an honored guest. Dantie says to Anzaril trying to fix past mistakes with the fey.

[roll0] Diplomacy

Once the wedding plans are started and settled for the moment Dantie goes on. Well you know how Arralle creates life, well this child, seemed to be able to not only destroy life but create abominations out of what was once living. In the valley it was an image of you talking to a younger him that stopped his final blows on us. Like the past was playing out before our eyes, showing us a piece to this important puzzle to your memories, and I suspect his as well. I believe from what this memory showed us he was not always the way he is now, he even seemed afraid about something and it was you who gave him hope. Dantie informs Arralle, hoping to re jog her memory the natural way.

As all of the healing is going on with Tarith and his arms he looks to Anzrail, Can you really reverse this when Arrale herself can not? I will offer you some of my own blood if it will satisfy you. Just please return Tariths hands to their proper state. Dantie asks her offering her his blood in exchange for her magic to heal Tarith. My only request is that we do it in the treehouse out of view of anyone but Rosalind if she is willing to be their.

AlanBruce
2012-12-27, 02:53 AM
@Dantie: Arrallae listens to your tale with much interest. She walks towards the lake shore and kneels before the water, looking at her reflection. Her voice turns on a low nostalgic tune.

"You say I knew someone. That I gave him hope? I have strived to give hope to all here in the Fey Woods and Swan's Rest, Dantie. If I have helped another- even if he displays powers that oppose mine, I would not know. I hope I have, and I hope I helped him. Perhaps one day I will see this child and speak to him. Maybe together we can learn about our past, if indeed we shared one. In my sleep, when I dream, I see myself with others. Voices. But they are always blurred out. A din that I cannot comprehend. I always see the same image: Five figures with me. We are discussing something, and then we make an oath. An oath to what? This, my friend, is the key to a locked door I have attempted to open for many centuries. The longer time passes, the more complex the lock becomes. And I fear I have ran out of keys..."

Arrallae traces her finger through her reflection, blurring the image before standing and turning to you with that warm smile.

"I am sorry. I did not mean to bring in such topics. We do have a wedding to prepare, yes? I will consult with the priests in Swan's Rest on these matters. They, sadly, cannot leave. Unfortunately, Rosalind cannot enter. Asking you would be cheating, Dantie. I would like to learn it from them. They have taught me much during these past days and I want to show you what I have learned of Pelor's teachings."

You address Anzaril. Even asking her to be a guest of honor.

"Why, Dantie! That is..unexpected. I must agree we did not start out necessarily in the best of terms, but how could I refuse? You are Rosalind, the bride?"

Rosalind bows to Anzaril.

"Yes, my lady. I am proud to be Dantie's bride. If I may ask, what is this about blood and a tree house?" Rosalind looks quite unnerved.

Anzaril laughs.

"Child, there are many mysteries of the fey people do not understand, much like your fiance at first! As to the house..."

Anzaril points her finger at Bishop's handiwork high above a tree.

"One of your groom's companions did that. At first, I was miffed by the idea of having a tree house there, but it does give the lake a more inviting ambiance."

She then walks up to Rosalind.

"As for the blood...well. Let's just say that a very courageous, handsome and noble man already took care of that. As well as Arrallae herself. No blood will have to be spilled, rest assured."

@Dantie: "Does it surprise you that I would have talents Arrallae does not? We are her Guardians. A guardian is supposed to be stronger in order to protect those under their care. I could attempt to remove this ailment. It should not be too difficult. Of course, I will have to ask that Tarith himself asks for it... nicely."

@Xander: Jacob scratches his head, not understanding why Anzaril talks this way, he asks you to take a brief walk along the shore.

"What is up with Anzaril and Tarith? Have they had an argument before?"

AlanBruce
2012-12-27, 05:53 AM

Meanwhile, in the Ward...

Valtalis watches three Mirrors in the medical room where an old man is attached to tubes and flasks containing a variety of liquids. The elf looks at one showing an underground city. The attention of the mirror focused on Nerine.

"Report, dear. Have you found the king?"

Nerine turns around and looks at the mirror, practicing her pose as she plays with her hair, using a golden comb.

"Nerine... report"

The nymph sighs.

"We have infiltrated Khedesh. Resistance was... difficult, but we managed to enter unnoticed. We currently have one of the dogs from Justcrown, Tradik. He is stubborn, as dwarves are wont to be. However, Satau can be very persuasive. Ragrak is not here. He has marshalled a campaign to the Crystalmist Kingdoms. Andorra has suggested we establish a network here. She can keep it, personally. Luther and I will take Gwylis, Satau, and Kavei further in and contact the King's divine adviser. Would it be much to ask if I can get an assignment topside? I really dislike the fungi down here, plus the smells..ughhh. Can you send me some of my hair products?"

Valtalis rolls his eyes and dismisses the mirror. He looks to the other one, featuring the Fey Woods and Arrallae along with the party. The old man grunts as he tries to get out of bed, threatening to topple the many vials keeping him alive. Valtalis hurries to his side and places his hand on his chest.

"Calm down, Master Kalinas. She is now able to walk freely, which means she is ripe for the taking anytime. However how in the hells did these idiots leave Hammerbruk alive? I will have to keep a closer watch on them from now on."

Valtalis leaves the mirror open and directs his gaze to the last one showing Dimbur conversing with a very hurt Myriam.

"Ahhh the righteous traitor. What are you planning on doing now, dear? And that dwarf.. that's Silaqi's student. Interesting. I wonder what Myriam has revealed. Worry not, master. Myriam will deliver the exact coordinates of the temple. She has no choice, no matter what she does to revert her past. Success is very close at hand."

Archmage1
2012-12-27, 07:07 AM
"Would you please restore my arms, Anzaril?"

NathanB1486
2012-12-27, 08:25 AM
Xander excuses himself from the rest and goes off with Jacob.
If only an argument was all they had, unfortunately there was quite the misunderstanding when we first arrived, Dantie mistook Anzaril for a Vampire, and Tarith and Anzaril ended up in a vicious battle witch ended in Anzaril taking quite a large amount of damage. I fear the three of them have quite the strained relationship.

dantiesilva
2012-12-27, 08:47 AM
As Dantie hears the tales about her dreams Dantie mentally says to the others It seems our earlier assumptions are correct. Their are 5 more. one being Plainduraus for sure. Perhaps the little halfling is another? We all do agree he has odd powers no? But I wounder who are the others. Dantie says to everyone, not putting out his speculations just yet.

Dantie smiles to Arrallae and says don't you mean what you have remembered. After all you can not learn something you at one time knew. Dantie says with a teasing smile. Letting her know that he was playing with her, but also that he was proud of her.

In healing yes. No offense Anzrail. It is just, well..., yea I guess you are right. Dantie then looks to Tarith and says Well come on now lad, give her some compliments unless of course you would rather I hack those off and create new ones for ye. Dantie says only to hear Tarith ask politely. See that was not so hard. So what shall it be Anzrail, shall you try your magics to heal him?

AlanBruce
2012-12-27, 02:48 PM
@Dantie: Anzaril raises an eyebrow and smiles. "He is a guardian of Arrallae, no? How can he protect when her when his arms are rotten?" Now, let us see..."

@Tarith: Anzaril walks up to you and starts motioning her arms in the air, inches away from your arms. Green glowing frogs appear on your arms as they eat the rotten carcass that is your arms, attempting to eat away the dead flesh with their tongues.

Greater Dispel Magic: [roll0]

The frogs stick out their tongues at every piece of rotten flesh and, beneath it, your arms, alive and very much nimble again are exposed. The frogs vanish as quickly as they came into view.

"I believe I still got it, no?", Anzaril laughs.

Archmage1
2012-12-27, 06:36 PM
"Thank you. I don't think I can convey how grateful I am, so, Thank you. Do you always get the frogs? They did seem a bit random. Also, do you mind if I wash off in the lake? They did not smell very good, and I would like to get rid of the smell."

dantiesilva
2012-12-27, 08:20 PM
Dantie watches as Anzaril reverses the spell on Tarith. Thank you Anzaril for your help. And yes you are right. Dantie says to her before looking to the group. Onto the next order of business. Tarith do you care to do the honors of appraising the items. And telling us what they can do. I am most interested in the sword as well as the armor and the shield personally. If no one has a problem with me grabbing those. Dantie says looking around and hoping none of them mind.

Archmage1
2012-12-27, 08:23 PM
"Makes sense"

Tarith pulls the rod, sword, boots, bracers, armor, shield, eyepiece, masterwork warhammer, masterwork artisan's tools, and rings(all 3) out of his pack, and identifies the magical ones.

AlanBruce
2012-12-27, 08:27 PM
@Tarith: Anzaril smiles.

"It is a personal touch I place on my spells. Nothing other than thematic. Go jump in. The water is fine."

Archmage1
2012-12-27, 08:30 PM
After identifying the items, Tarith jumps into the lake, stripping off so as to clean all of his equipment.
about 30 mins later, he climbs out, and spreads his equipment over the area to dry off. When both he and it are dry, he puts it back on again.
After he puts it back on, he remembers that his bags probably were filled with water, so he dumps the water back into the lake in a gigantic wave(180 cubic feet)

"Thank you, Anzaril, for graciously allowing me to use your lake to clean off. Now, I can actually use my nose to keep track of things other than how bad I smell"

AlanBruce
2012-12-27, 11:30 PM
@Tarith: You place the items in front of you and discern their properties:

The armor will never allow ghosts and their ilk to touch you.

The shield mimics the indead Cornelius sent out to hunt. As long as this shield is worn, an attack that would normally fell the living in a single blow, will be greatly averted.

The boots are quite plain to look at, however the essence of a sylph has been stitched into them, allowing the user, to move with but a thought anywhere and with great accuracy.

The bracers have a special alloy of pure force forged into them. Like the armor, these bracers may repel ghost ilk or any foe by pushing them away with the strength of a charging gorgon.

The two adamantine rings have no properties themselves, except as nobiliary station. The bone ring is considered a true relic amongst those who hunt the dead. It will never allow the vile touch of a vampire to scar the wearer's soul.

Then, there is his sword. True to a warrior of the archpaladin, Cornelius' blade channels the energy of Celestia with each hit. As an added enhancement, a cleric may use his power over the undead to channel it through the blade.

Now, contrary to Cornelius' items. There is Isiflis' rod. This black club with a skull on the end is a Rod of Enervating Strike. A deceiving rod. It can strike as a mace, and a magical one too. On top of that, it channels the vile spells used by clerics of dark deities, inflicting wounds charged with negative energy. Its powers can be augmented when in an area with a strong negative trait. Thankfully, like much magic around the world, this one can be resisted.

dantiesilva
2012-12-28, 12:18 AM
So Tarith what is the deal? What do we have before us? Danties asks the boy when he finishes.

AlanBruce
2012-12-28, 02:15 AM
@Xander: Jacob stops walking and turns around to look at Anzaril discussing her arcane powers to Tarith.

"I noticed there was a brief exchange of words during the Sealing Ritual. It never crossed my mind it got so ugly. Then again, Anzaril has a very particular disposition towards guests, as you may have gathered already. odd she has taken a liking to you. Of all people I know here, she is very friendly towards Arrallae...and now you."

@The Party: Arrallae looks at Rosalind and smiles as she looks at her. Rosalind looks confused and then smiles back and bows.

"I won't, Arrallae..errr."

Rosalind grows quiet again and finishes her bow.

@Dantie: Arrallae looks at you.

"When would you like to get married? I would like to know so I can prepare. A location would be nice as well. Have you thought where?"

@Tarith: You take your time in the Font of Life. Swimming, diving, washing off the putrid scent from Jottun's Foot and then, like an expert swimmer, climb back on the small wooden pier and whip your pockets towards the lake, releasing a gigantic wave which sends the cranes flying in a cloud of white, black and red.

"Nice, Tarith. Scaring the cranes after all it took me to convince them to come back and roost."

Archmage1
2012-12-28, 07:10 AM
"Dantie, They are quite powerful. The armor protects you from ghosts, the shield makes it harder to do severe damage with one hit, the boots will let the wearer teleport a short distance, the bracers will repel spirits, and can push enemies away from the wearer, the bone ring will protect the wearer from toe harmful effects of a vampire's touch, the sword is all around powerfully holy, and the rod will suck the life away from those it strikes."

After the bath
"[COLOR="Blue"]Anzaril, I thought you might not appreciate me leaving with the contents of your lake, so I put the water back. The cranes will come back again, no problems.[COLOR]"

dantiesilva
2012-12-28, 09:47 AM
Within the week if possible. For you see we have a few places to go. As for a location...it is why we are doing a wedding twice.We do not want to let the whole world know of your existence and so anywhere in the fey woods would be fine by me. Dantie says to Arraella before turning towards Rosalind. What do you think, does that sound right? He asks her wanting her input as well as it would also be her wedding day.

As Tarith tells him what the items do Dantie considers what he would like from Belongings that were found inside the chest. If no one has any qualms I would like to have the armor shield and the sword, After all as far as I know you and Xander can not use any of them. Do either of you have a problem with that? In return I will sell my shield, but I need to give Rosalind my morningstar and current armor to make sure that she is able to defend herself where ever it is she decides to settle down. Personally I like the tree house Bishop built, and it is close to both Justcrown and far enough away from to much danger. Dantie says wondering if she would agree.

NathanB1486
2012-12-28, 11:19 AM
It did become a rather ugly situation, Anzaril had been suffering extreme malnourishment, witch made her usual disposition toward guests that much worse, and Dantie and Tarith tend to slightly hasty at times, I believe it was the combination of those circumstances witch made our first meeting so dreadful.
Xander pauses a moment.
As to Anzaril's affinity for myself, after the events between Dantie, Tarith and herself I met with her in private, during our conversation she request to attain the sustenance she required from my blood, and after some thought on the matter I decided to accept her request and allowed her to feed from me, during witch time a greater bond than I had originally anticipated was formed.

Xander thinks to himself.
This bond, it seems to be much stronger than I had originally thought, I wonder if it is embraced if it could be strengthened further, and what possible benefits or consequences doing so would accrue over time.

AlanBruce
2012-12-28, 04:10 PM
@Tarith: Anzaril looks at the waters of the lake stirring after the massive wave released from your pockets.

"You do have a point. As to the tree house...well, I see no reason for Rosalind not to live here. She will be well taken care of. You do know how to swim, don't you, dear?"

@Dantie: "Would you mind if I took Rosalind away for a few moments? I wish to show her something, Dantie."

Rosalind bows.

"Wherever you wish to go, Arrallae."

The Morning Star places her hand on Rosalind's shoulder and both vanish in a golden flash. After a few minutes, both reappear. Arrallae boasts a smug smile and Rosalind has tears of joy in her eyes.

"Dantie! The Rose Garden! Can we get married there? It's beautiful!"

Rosalind then pauses for a moment.

"I would have to leave Justcrown, but I'll be able to go back and visit my brothers at the temple, right? I would love to speak to Father Wilhelm as well. Much has happened in such little time. As for the second wedding, I leave that decision to you. I, for one would love to have the first wedding here."

Jacob watches you select the equipment laid on the ground.

"Heh. Dantie, you look like you're ready for war! You must've had quite a rough couple of days since you left here."

@Xander: You ponder on the bond you have with Anzaril and look at the group as you start your way back to them. The Lady of the Lake smiles at you as the breeze from the lake washes over her lustrous raven hair. She certainly has taken a liking to you. Perhaps because she is a recluse- an outcast amongst her kind. Not like Myriam, much less Nerine, but an outcast nonetheless. So, when the olive branch was offered kindly and willingly, she must've found herself moved. In more ways than could've been perceived originally.

NathanB1486
2012-12-28, 09:56 PM
Xander returns Anzaril's smile, while on his way back to the group.
To himself.
I suppose I should have expected such feelings given her situation, it seems to be the nature of such things. She is quite the lovely creature, and so fascinating as well. I suppose I should not be over thinking this matter so much, I should just let go and allow the events to unfold as they do. It is strange, this morning began so dreary, and now it appears everyone is in such high spirits, and are already making further plans for happiness.

Once Xander returns to the others.
I believe I overheard a request for you two's wedding to be held in the rose garden? The location seems as appropriate as any for such an affair. I believe it is appropriate to bring a date to such an event is it not?
Xander pauses a moment, then looks to Anzaril.
Anzaril, would you do me the honor and attend Dantie and Rosalind's wedding with me?

AlanBruce
2012-12-28, 10:18 PM
@Xander: You watch Anzaril wide eyed at your request. Her fair features turn red and she darts her eyes around, looking at everyone. The Lady of the Lake begins walking towards the water.

"Where are you going, Anzaril?"

"I...uhhh...I need to feed the fish?"

Arrallae smiles.

"Don't they feed for themselves?"

Anzaril's face is really red now.

"Did I say the fish? Noooo... the leviathans. Have to feed the leviathans."

"Don't the leviathans feed on the fish?", Jacob raises an eyebrow.

Anzaril is sweating. She has never been proposed an invitation such as this.

"Not the levaithans! No. The dress! I need to feed the dress!"

"Since when does a dress needs to..."

Anzaril jumps into the water and disappears into the bottom of the lake.

It would be my pleasure, Xander. Sorry for the awkward moment. Pick me up for the wedding? You know where I live...

Rosalind looks at Jacob.

"She's nice, but strange."

"You're telling me, kid."

Archmage1
2012-12-28, 10:22 PM
Tarith simply smiles, almost, but not quite managing to keep his laughter contained.

NathanB1486
2012-12-28, 11:01 PM
Xander raises an eyebrow initially at her reaction, after recognizing it as embarrassment he grins slightly, and watches her go.
I am glad to hear that. Do not let the moment trouble you, I should have chosen to ask you privately, I had not realized the presence of the others would embarrass you as it did.

I must admit, I had not expected that reaction. Dantie, Rosalind, when do the two of you plan on having your wedding?

Regarding the loot, the boots of big stepping look interesting, although even looking at other footwear makes me feel bad, since Xander already has boots he isn't using, and just bought the anklets...but I guess the current anklets could be a wedding present to Dantie if he still wants them...(and here when I made Xander I only browsed through the DM's guide for magic items and chose the boots I started with because I couldn't find anything I thought would be any better at the time...)

Archmage1
2012-12-28, 11:08 PM
"Xander, how can you say that? Surely, you saw the look on her face when she looked at you?"

The anklets are nice because they say you don't need to concentrate 2x per day.
Also avoid an AAO for a run action.

NathanB1486
2012-12-28, 11:28 PM
Well I assumed she would be startled, however I did not expect her to disappear into the water as she did.

Archmage1
2012-12-28, 11:31 PM
"She was surprised, and caught off balance. What else could she do? She reacted as I would have expected. She played for time, giving her a chance to think, rather than react."

NathanB1486
2012-12-28, 11:49 PM
I suppose you are correct, either way she chose to respond mentally and has accepted the invitation.

Be back in a hour or so.

dantiesilva
2012-12-29, 12:06 AM
As Arrealle asks Dantie if she can bring Rosalind somewhere real quick Dantie nods his head, trusting Arrealle. They are not gone long but it does not take much guessing to guess where they had gone by the look on Rosalind’s face. And when she speaks she only confirms his suspicions. As long as it is ok with our priestess I have no problem with it, though the first time I was there it tried to eat me. How is the small little guardian of the garden doing anyways? Dantie asks, remembering the battle with it and how it took all of their power to subdue it. As Rosalind asks about being able to still go to just crown and such Dantie nods his head. Yes you will still be able to go to Justcrown, you just will not be able to speak of anything inside the woods to anyone but farther Wilhelm. For he is the only one we have trusted with this information so far. Correction there is Silias and his collague, that know of this place as well and its people. I would keep exact details out though as we are never sure who is watching the fey woods and that lich and Nerine could return at any time. I believe the ward wants Arrealle and are just bidding their time. Though what they are waiting for I am not sure. Dantie then thinks about the second wedding. I believe that as long as we have farther Wilhelm attend that will be enough for our church and as pelor himself being a witness no one could question it. Dantie replies to her before turning to Anzrail. That reminds me, we have visitors coming to Justcrown. Among them is a Druid, if it is ok with you and the covens I was wondering if she could join your large family in the fey woods. Dantie says while he still has it on his mind.

As dantie takes the new equipment he has been granted by the others to have he looks to Jacob. War is a way of putting it. A nice way of putting it. Once I have learned the correct spells I shall be returning to the valley we just came from to clear it off of every map in existence. Dantie says as he tries out the strength and weight of the new weapon in his hands.

Dantie then watches the events unfold around them and laughs as Anzrail makes her exit. Xander mind asking her if we need to pick her up a dress? Dantie says before looking to Rosalind. And when do you think would be a good time to have the wedding? Perhaps we could go inside and talk about such things? Dantie says to all those willing to help plan the wedding.

Sorry the posts have been taking so long lately everyone, I try to get on in the morning and late at night because I am at work the rest of the time. I hope I give everyone enough to work with with my post. Great job everyone by the way. Tarith for some reason I se stolen goods at this wedding XD try not to make it to obvious.

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 12:17 AM
@Xander: Jacob walks up to you and pats you on the back.

"It's to be expected. Fey are reclusive creatures. Anzaril is reclusive even amongst the fey. She has been away from the Groves for many seasons. Before Arrallae came here. She has, however, taken a very---human approach to your question. It would seem you have managed to break something inside from the 'ol witch of the fens."

Jacob looks towards the water, making sure she did not exactly hear that last part.

"Arrallae, unless you wish to stay longer. Shall we go?"

@Dantie: "I understand. I will speak about this place to Father Wilhelm only. If he can be present at the wedding- and one presided by Arrallae herself- that should bless us doubly in the eyes of Pelor!"

When you mention the wedding date to Rosalind...

"A week sounds like a fine date, yes? I know you, Xander and Tarith may be traveling again, so we could get married in a week. You can rest in the lovely house Bishop built for a few days after. And then...."

Rosalind lowers her head.

"...and then you can go fight more terrible monsters around the world."

Jacob listens to your reply.

"Dantie...that valley must've stirred you pretty mad. I would go if I could, know that. However, my duties call me to stay here."

When you mention a druid and new arrivals...

"A druid? I haven't seen one. Not since Balion.... Who is he? I would like to meet this druid. The forest may need someone to keep an eye on it while the Covens Rest. I will speak to the Eastern and Western Groves and inform them of this person and his companions. Worry not."

dantiesilva
2012-12-29, 12:43 AM
A burst of laughter comes out of Danties mouth as Rosalind tease him. Oh yes go fight the big old scary monsters. You make it sound almost enjoyable. The only ones I enjoy are the ones that do not belong walking this earth, and they all seem to be in that valley. Dantie says with a smile and a kiss. A week it is then. Tarith you think you can stay out of trouble and Justcrown for a week? Or should we have Xander send you to go collect the reward to occupy your time? Dantie asks the boy, knowing that if Tarith were to sit around to long he may get a little bit over burdened with other peoples belongings.

As Jacob tells Dantie that he would go if he could Dantie only shakes his head no. We barely made it out, I do not think you would be so lucky. We had to win two duels and even then he did not keep his word. The boy who calls himself king and all his undead shall fall to a Pelorites hand. As for the druid, it is a she not a he. As for who she is She has a name much like Anzrails so I can not remember it at this moment. Was not really one ever for names. Only important things. She called herself the grey Druid if I remember correctly if that helps. As for the other villagers, I do not believe they will follow. I believe they will stay in Justcrown as they have not been told of anything here. Though they do deserve it, I fear that the taint of their lives before may taint the Haven you have created and I would not wish that on Swans rest. Their must be a shining light in all this darkness and I believe Swans rest will play a key role in this before I see my death. Dantie says to Jacob before bidding them all ado and making his way up to the treehouse with Rosalind so that he can give her his former equipment and he can put on his new equipment.

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 01:26 AM
@Dantie: Rosalind smiles as you mention the fighting. It relieves her to know her future husband will be ok. He is Dantie, follower of Pelor. She has seen him devastate Palindurias' armies single-handedly, as if the Shining One himself had flown over that barren battlefield.

All will be well.

Rosalind returns the kiss and runs to the tree house.

"Your friend did this in how long? I'll meet you upstairs. Maybe I can have some furniture brought in from my room at the Chapel!"

As you mention the horrors within the valley, Arrallae listens with silent yet piercing attention.

"A king is supposed to be fair! What you have described is no king. That is a spoiled child a..a rotten brat of a child..."

Her words are marked with scorn. She may not know Palindurias, but she speaks of him with disappointment and anger. The familiarity in her tone surprises even her. As if it came out by inertia, perhaps a memory that slipped by. Arrallae covers her mouth as if she had spoken something filthy. She bows to all and looks at Jacob. Her voice regaining the calm and warm tone you are used to.

"Shall we leave? I must prepare the wedding. I have much to read if I am to marry these two the right way. You are welcome to stay in the Woods as long as you want. Anzaril will have no problem allowing you to camp here or use the tree house. Once again, Rosalind, it has been a pleasure meeting you."

Guardian and Goddess walk uphill towards the entrance to the Font of Life as the horses in the carriage look at her and bow their heads in respect. Soon, the Morningstar and her tireless Hunter have left the sacred grove.

NathanB1486
2012-12-29, 02:53 AM
I suspect Dantie, and Rosalind would appreciate the privacy, I will gather some stray wood for a small fire.

Xander goes off to gather wood, once he gathers what he needs, he builds a fire, and casts electric jolt into the pile of wood in an attempt to light the fire. He then unrolls his bedroll and lays down for the night.(2 hours asleep, 6 in bed)

Take 20 on knowledge nature for 37 to know what is needed to make a fire (Tinder, Kindling, and Fuelwood) and how to build a basic fire. electric jolt is a little lighting bolt that does 1d3 (electric) on a ranged touch, so shooting the tinder bundle should do it. (range touch [roll0])

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 09:19 AM
"Dantie, don't I always keep out of trouble? Except for when I don't, of course."

Looks like I will be paying the duke another visit, but this time, I will be a bit more prepared for what is there.

Tarith walks off into the woods a bit to plan his next escapade

dantiesilva
2012-12-29, 09:28 AM
Xander it is a survival check to find it all though XD Dantie also only needs 2 hours.

As Dantie hears Arrealle's burst of anger he looks to her in surprise. That is exactly what you called him in the ritual. A rotten child. I think you just remembered something, though it may not be much. Dantie says to her, a mix of surprise and caution in his voice. Then Dantie listens to her saying she has to leave and Dantie bows his head to her. May Pelors light mark your path. And may the hunter always find his prey. And with that he watches them both l;eave the font of life and so he retires to the treehouse.

Once himself and Rosalind are inside Dantie answers her earlier question. He built it in a day. He was very good with his hands and with wood. Dantie says to her kindly wondering which tavern bishop has run off to now. Have you decided on a bedroom yet? That way I can take of the rest of my equipment and go get washed up in the lake? After that I am all yours. Dantie says to her before kissing her.

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 02:14 PM
@Dantie: "This room can be our bedroom. I will wait here for you to get cleaned up. This is a lot of armor, by the way!" Rosalind laughs as she watches the contrast of wood against metal in the house. And indeed, you can imagine how much gold could be made if all the metal from your two armors were smelted and sold. Now, with your regular clothes on, you climb down the tree house and spot Xander sleeping soundly in the bedroll, a bonfire next to him. Impressive. You have known him for less than a month and you can say with all honesty you trust the little wizard. Little, of course, when compared to you. You stretch your arms in front of the lake, cracking a few backbones. It feels good to be out of the armor. You take a few steps back, remember your days at the temple pool as an acolyte in the Free City and run towards the pier and do a cannonball on the lake.

You emerge and shake you head and look around. The water feels great. To have washed away the stench of that valley is indeed a pleasure. You decide to exercise by doing some laps as far as you can into the lake. Shy of the mud islet where you first met Anzaril and then swim back to the pier. You climb up the tree house and Rosalind has lit a candle as she reads from the pelorite bible on the bed. She has her hand on her belly and quickly takes it away as you enter.

"Was it a good swim? You must be tired. Come lay down." You lay on the bed, which, true to Bishop's taste, is not very comfortable, but it will do for now.

"I'll get a new mattress tomorrow when I go to Justcrown, but for now..."

Rosalind smiles and blows the candle out.

@Tarith: You decide to take a stroll in the woods, planning on your next heist. Pottsdorff will get cleaned. No excuses this time. With Connor gone, this should be easy, but should you go solo or take the Ravens?

Hide: [roll0]

Move Silently: [roll1]

Hide: [roll2]

Move Silently: [roll3]

Hide: [roll4]

Move Silently: [roll5]

Hehehehee... lost in the woods, kid?

You see a few feet away a hobgoblin with a rather large and angry looking ogre. The giant is heavily scarred. Ritualistic scarring, no doubt.

"When we heard those things were gone, we moved right in. This place is full of suckers. Walking around trying to find the fairies. But guess what, there 'aint any! It's just you, me, and big Buraff over here. So be a good kid and fork the coin, unless you wind up in a fork."

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 02:17 PM
[roll0] spot
[roll1] listen

"I will say this once, and only once. Walk away."

Tarith stands with his cloak concealing his equipment, ensuring that they don't see his fancy daggers

Time to try out the fixed arms

NathanB1486
2012-12-29, 02:27 PM
Once morning comes, and everyone has gathered together again, Xander informs the group of a peculiar dream he had last night.

Have any of you heard of the land of dreams, know as the Dreamscape? It has multiple purposes, one of witch involves talented casters using it as a method of communication with other. Last night's dreams lead to one such instance. In this dream, I awoke on the banks of the Lake, to a blurry muted world, a woman in brown robes, who based off her appearance, especially her exceptionally worn sandals, had traveled much, she also wore a grey stone disc containing a etching of the horizon around her neck.
The woman informed me her name was Ravenna, the Wanderer, and that she came to me to give a warning. Immediately we were surrounded by six auras, witch appeared to resemble the six that fell in the great conjunction Arrallae had mentioned. She referred to the six as keys. She then revealed a image of the make Steiner referred to as the First. He drew the six auras into himself, the six auras coalesced into the man, witch resulted in a horrid explosion, suddenly the air was filled with the sound of millions screaming in pain, and countless volcanic eruptions and other such natural disasters, to he point of the very Dreamscape itself threatened to shake apart from the force of the effects.

Xander pauses for a moment, as he tells the next part much of the color leaves Xander's face, as he seems to stare off into the distance as if reliving the event.
All of these effects, they seemed dreadful enough, however they proved to be but the beginning, it appears once all the keys were gathered, a door in space itself opened, and something tore its way out, the very image of the creature froze me to my very soul in indomitable fear, A creature I still can not even fathom to attempt to describe, a mass of dark tendrils, pure fear and madness, threatening to envelope me whole. At that moment I was surrounded by the dead bodies of...everyone...all of you, my headmaster, Anzaril, Silas, even Nerine and her associates, the experience, so many screams, and such power the very ground began to succumb as I felt my souls breaking in the face of such devastating power.
Xander pauses once more, calming himself, and regaining his composure.
The image seemed to vanish as suddenly as it had come. The woman Ravenna stood before me once more, the world seemed to return to its original calm. Before walking away into nothingness she had one more thing to say. "This will happen if he is not stopped. Meet me in Halmathan if you wish to know more." She said. It was with that I awoke, I have been trying to puzzle out the various meanings since I awoke.

I believe we should make our way to Halmathan, and attempt to learn more, it seems following the lead better than attempting to discover a new one in the libraries of the Free City.

Didn't think so see about taking 20 on knowledge check, now I know, good thing I messed up in a situation where it wasn't to important, as to using nature over survival...I was kind of thinking the same thing, but figured Xander could have read a book about basic fire building at some point, Also I have a -3 to survival, witch gets a +2 synergy from 5+ ranks in knowledge nature, so I guess even using survival Xander should probably have been able to figure out a basic fire. (take 10 in survival for a 9?, or 19 if he can take 20?)

dantiesilva
2012-12-29, 02:27 PM
After the rejuvenating swim in the water Dantie heads back to the tree house. Feeling bad for Xander he makes a small little tent made out of stone using one of his spells, so that way if it rains he will not get wet, though he suspects when everyone wakes up Xander will be emerging from the water. Once finished he heads up to the bedroom and laying their he sees his beautiful wife to be with the pelorite bible in hand and her other hand on her stomach. As she quickly takes her hand away from her belly Dantie raises an eyebrow at her before saying The swim was fine but what was that about? Dantie says going and laying down in the bed with her. Sure enough it is fit for a drunk. No comfort, just a place to lay your body down. Even a bedroll is more comfortable then this thing. He thinks to himself as he lays by Rosalinds side and listens to her telling him about her going into Justcrown tomorrow to pick up a mattress. After that he watches her blow out the candle and the fun begins once more.

Wow Dantie is getting a lot of love XD.

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 02:30 PM
@Tarith: It's amateur night. You can tell. The three bugbears sneaking behind you may be skilled, but that would work on pilgrims and hard headed warriors. These saps got greedy. And it's time you taught them a lesson in avarice. The hobgoblin and ogre laugh.

"Us leave? Kid, were you hit hard on the head recently? That's an ogre, if you haven't noticed! He'll snap you like a twig!"

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 02:32 PM
Tarith stealthily Activates his ring
[roll0] spot opposes

"No, it was an ogre. Now it is a walking corpse to be. You went for the wrong victim this day."

dantiesilva
2012-12-29, 02:36 PM
In the morning

After a very long night with Rosalind ( Dantie only needs 2 hours of sleep) Dantie gets up and lets Rosalind sleep in the room. While he is doing this he places his normal clothes back on from the church and calls the others both up the stairs so that they can all talk, shutting the door to Rosalind and his room so that she can sleep. As Xander informs him of what happened Dantie looks to him concerned. Though I have never heard of this place I trust you Xander. I hope you and Anzrail had a pleasant night. Tarith did you go running of with some dryad? I did not see you last night when I went for a swim. Dantie says letting the two of them finish their stories before he prepared a meal.

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 02:45 PM
@Tarith: "Crush the brat, Buraff!"

The ogre and the three bugbears make their way to you.

Initiative:

Hobgoblin: [roll0]

Ogre: [roll1]

Bugbear 1: [roll2]

Bugbear 2: [roll3]

Bugbear 3: [roll4]

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 03:04 PM
@Tarith: The Hobgoblin stretches out his hand at you.

"You stay right there, kid!"

Hold Person: DC 15 Miss chance [roll0]

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 03:09 PM
Going to roll here, and assume that he made the save in the post
[roll0] will save 18 is failure
[roll1] absorption vs 11+cl

Tarith stands perfectly still for a moment, but sadly, despite his best efforts, he is unable to keep the grin from his face.

"You thought you could hold ME? Really? Idiot. This is how you hold someone."

Tarith launches his daggers at the hobgoblin, and then the ogre, hoping to bring them both down, before he turns and faces the bugbears, the grin still on his face

attack3[roll2] damage[roll3] magebane[roll4] sneak attack[roll5] miss[roll6]
attack4[roll7] damage[roll8] magebane[roll9] sneak attack[roll10] miss[roll11]
attack5[roll12] damage[roll13] magebane[roll14] sneak attack[roll15] miss[roll16]
attack6[roll17] damage[roll18] magebane[roll19] sneak attack[roll20] miss[roll21]
first and third on the ogre, second and fourth on the hobgoblin

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 03:25 PM
@Tarith: You feel the spell trying to take ahold of you and, for a moment you watch the hobgoblin grin wickedly. The brat is under his spell. His grin takes on confusion and later into horror as two daggers pierce his body. One his eye, the other his chest. The goblinoid falls flat on his face.

The ogre has little chance to react, yet manages to laugh as one of the daggers miss, just to return and puncture him in the back, piercing the lung and making its way through the chest back into your hands. The beast coughs blood as he drops face first to the ground.

"But he was only one! We are five!" One of the bugbears tosses a small bag at you. The other two follow by example.

RTA Tanglefoot bag: [roll0] if hit, -2 to attacks and -4 to dexterity plus a DC 15 Reflex or be glued to the floor.

RTA Tanglefoot bag: [roll1] if hit, -2 to attacks and -4 to dexterity plus a DC 15 Reflex or be glued to the floor.

RTA Tanglefoot bag: [roll2] if hit, -2 to attacks and -4 to dexterity plus a DC 15 Reflex or be glued to the floor.

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 03:31 PM
Moving swiftly, the grin on his face vanishing, Tarith manages to dodge 2 of the three tanglefoot bags, but the third comes straight at him, and he can't move fast enough to dodge. It hits him squarely in the chest, slowing him down, but he manages to prevent it from sticking him to the floor

[roll0] fail on a 1 reflex

"I am only one, and you were 5, and now you were 3"

Once again, Tarith tosses his daggers at the bugbears, seeking to end this fight quietly

-4 to attacks if the bag's miss chance hits me still
one for each, the last for the survivor
attack3[roll1] damage[roll2] magebane[roll3] sneak attack[roll4] miss[roll5]
attack4[roll6] damage[roll7] magebane[roll8] sneak attack[roll9] miss[roll10]
attack5[roll11] damage[roll12] magebane[roll13] sneak attack[roll14] miss[roll15]
attack6[roll16] damage[roll17] magebane[roll18] sneak attack[roll19] miss[roll20]

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 03:41 PM
@Tarith: One does manage to engulf you in a gooey substance. Common use by rogues. The bugbear that scored the hit howls in victory as one of your daggers goes through his throat, ending his joy immediately. The other two attempt to run, but your daggers seem determined. A few feet away, the remaining bugbears drop in a bloody mess as the daggers strike them in their chests and return faithfully to you.

You watch the very quick carnage with no damage incurred and the gooey substance becomes brittle within moments.

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 03:44 PM
And here I thought the fey would be protecting their forest

Tarith searches the fallen, placing their bodies into his large bag of holding

41 search.

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 04:02 PM
@Tarith: You loot the bodies. This is what you find.

The ogre has a ring, made for his size. This should provide ample protection for the wearer. Not for him, though.

He also had a club on him. A single faint rune is inscribed into the wood.

His hide armor has the faintest glow of magic on it.

The hobgoblin had a masterwork rapier and a chainshirt with minimal magical proeprties, akin to the ogre's hide armor. He also had a pouch with 50 gp.

Each bugbear had a masterwork leather armor, masterwork shortswords and 20 pieces of gold each, in addition to an extra tanglefoot bag.

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 04:04 PM
Tarith places the loot and the bodies into his bag, before exploring the immediate area, ensuring that there is nothing else unpleasant in the woods

[roll0] spot
[roll1] listen

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 04:13 PM
@Tarith: You take a good look around after stuffing the bodies in the bag, separate from their belongings. The night air seems calm, despite the sudden flash of violence- mainly yours.

The Fey Woods are calm for the evening, with only the sound of owls high up in the tree tops.

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 04:17 PM
Tarith walks a mile or so further from the lake, before picking a nice looking tree, and climbing it, using his rope and bedroll to make a temporary hammock. He then tries to sleep for the night

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 05:05 PM
@Tarith: Having completely annihilated the brigands in the Fey Woods, you climb up a tree and set up a hammock for the night. The stars are bright and the air is cold. Winter will be here soon. Who knows where your travels might take you. Hopefully far away from the valley, the woods, and this city.

You wake up in the morning and head back to the lake, where Xander has a most unusual dream to narrate. The magus seems quite frightened by this dream. But then again, dreams are just that.

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 05:10 PM
"Dantie, don't I wish...
No, I decided to go for a walk, and had a nice, quiet, uneventful evening up a tree"
[roll0] bluff

"Xander, I have not heard of the land of dreams. Perhaps you should try asking Anzaril, as she might no. As for the rest of it...
I think we need to learn more about the first. Perhaps we should go to Halmathan after we visit the duke, to turn in the sister's rings."

If this dream he had was real, we might want to warn Nerine and company, but then, they probably wouldn't believe us anyway.

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 05:19 PM
@The Party: The waters in the Font of Life stir and Anzaril emerges bathed in the sunlight from the canopy.

"Good Morning! I hope you all had a pleasant sleep."

She seems to have adorned her hair with a wreath made from the underwater flowers that grow at the bottom of her lake garden. She walks up to you.

"Dantie, how is Rosalind doing? I trust she has slept well? And Tarith! Ever the young little prankster! You didn't go out doing mischief last night, did you?"

@Xander: Anzaril walks towards you and notices the bed roll and the dry bonfire.

"You slept out here alone? And in the cold? You could've told me!"

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 05:27 PM
"Do you really believe that there is mischief to be caused in the woods? They seemed safe enough to me."

After a brief pause
"Nice hat."

NathanB1486
2012-12-29, 05:39 PM
Dantie, I chose to sleep alone on the shore, and after that dream I am glad I made that decision, it allowed me to reflect on it in peace.

Tarith, I fully agree with you, we must do further research into this matter, and Halmathan should be visited as soon as we are able.

Upon seeing Anzaril approach, Xander bows to her.
Anzaril, you are looking lovely as usual, sleeping on the shore did not bother me, I had a interesting dream last night, and spent the private time reflecting on it. As to your concerns of the cold keeping me awake, I have amble magic available to rectify the situation and allow a peaceful rest if the need arose. Perhaps you can assist me in interpreting the dream? I am sure your outlook into the matter may help clear up some of my left over confusions. Xander tells Anzaril about his dream, and waits for her view on it.

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 06:00 PM
@Xander: Anzaril listens to your tale regarding the dream. She sits on the shores of the lake and her stare goes off into the distant trees on the other side of the shore.

"I have not heard of these keys you mention, Xander. I have been in the Dreamscape, however. Many times by accident, as I slept. What you describe is indeed terrifying, and, by a far stretch not too unfamiliar."

Anzaril stands and looks at you.

"What do you know about the Unseelie Court?"

NathanB1486
2012-12-29, 06:05 PM
I know little of the Unseelie Court court I am afraid, aside from they make up and preside over parts of the Fey Pantheon, and exist on the higher planes.

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 06:17 PM
This is specifically done after Xander and Anzaril complete their conversation about the dream

Tarith moves closer to Anzaril.
"Did you have a good night last night? And has Arrallae been having fun visiting?"
While he distracts her with mundane talks, he tries to pick her pockets
[roll0] sleight of hand
(some penalty to her spot for having Xander within sight might be... appropriate)

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 06:24 PM
@Xander: You try and remember the dream, to its last minute detail. This is what you gather.

Ravenna The Wanderer is an aasimar. A common race on Oerth- and that is using the term loosely. Many offspring from various races, both from the Material and Beyond live in the world. Some secluded, others free to walk around, respected or unnoticed.

Her symbol is a common one. Seen by many who travel the world. This is the symbol of Fharlanghn, god of the Journey and Travel. Where does one travel, however, can be taken literally out of place, since Ravenna seems to walk the Dreamscape.

Regarding what else you saw, you can only guess the auras represent an energy source. What you saw above you, however... your mind is too afraid to make an analysis on it.

"The Seelie and Unseelie Courts were once at peace, Xander. Both harbored fey of all walks of life. Titania and Oberon, fair king and queen of the Seelie oversaw the fey in their realm, which crosses every summer solstice acroos the upper planes. One of which is Elysium, the plane where Dantie's god resides. Think of it as ships, always sailing. Taking anchor for a few days, then sailing again."

Anzaril pauses. Then continues.

"Then you have the Unseelie Court. This one is ruled by The Queen of Air and Darkness. Her realm harbors fey of... a distinct nature than the Seelie."

Anzaril walks towards the shore and a gust of wind blows her raven hair to the side.

"It is told among the ballads in the Fey Realms that a long time ago, The Queen of Air was visited by a man clad in darkness. A man shrouded in the void itself. No one knows who he was. Nobody knew his name. We do know, however, that it was this man who corrupted the Queen and, ever since, she is now known as the Queen of Air and Darkness. How did he corrupt her? We do not know. She will not speak of it. For time immeasurable we, the Unseelie have carried the burden of this man's curse upon our Queen."

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 06:28 PM
@Tarith: Ever the scoundrel, you walk up to Anzaril and praise her on her hair and wreath. As quick as the wind, you slide your hand down the Glaistig's pocket and pilfer a silver comb with a fish motif.

Anzaril's Spot: [roll0]

Anzaril turns to you as you are caught red-handed with the comb.

"Tarith Spellbane! You would attempt to steal from me?!"

Anzaril seems extremely mad, especially after narrating her tale.

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 06:32 PM
"I would attempt to live up to your belief in my capabilities for mischief. After all, you did expect me to get into trouble last night. It seemed like a decent way to live up to your expectations, which always seems to make people happier."

[roll0]
Tarith robbed her to make her happy

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 06:41 PM
@Tarith: Anzaril listens to your bluff. However, she is extremely mad. You can only hope she buys it.

Sense Motive: [roll0]

"Xander! I know we are all Guardians here, but Tarith has proven to be no more than a rat. A lying, thieving rat... as such."

Anzaril looks at you squarely in the eye.

Concentration: [roll1] Baleful Polymorph DC 27

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 06:47 PM
[roll0] fort save
[roll1] vs dc 27 absorption

Successfully resisting the spell, Tarith activates his ring
"Do you really want to do this again? It was not a very good idea the first time, and I don't imagine that it would be any better the second."

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 06:52 PM
@Tarith: Anzaril casts a spell and you barely manage to stave off the effects. Sadly, you are unable to absorb it.

"Ahhh yes...a spellthief. Of course. I had forgotten you pilfer material and immaterial belongings. Xander, it would be wise of you to get Tarith out of my Grove. Lest I choose something that will really make him regret his actions."

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 06:56 PM
"As you wish. See you in a week or so"

Tarith leaves, heading towards Justcrown, comb in his pocket

One wedding gift down...

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 06:58 PM
@Tarith: "Wait! My comb, Tarith. Give it back."

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 07:01 PM
"Aw... I was going to give it back at the wedding, sort of as a joke. Would have been a lot more fun then. Are you sure?"

Assuming she says she is sure, Tarith tosses her the comb

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 07:17 PM
After Tossing the comb, Tarith continues walking out of the grove, undaunted.

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 07:58 PM
@Xander: Anzaril is very aggravated by this incident.

"Does he not have respect for anyone? I will appreciate if you keep him away from my sights until the wedding, please."

Anzaril walks back into the water.

@Tarith: You walk out of the Grove and decide it's better to deal with cityfolk than feyfolk. A lot more reasonable.

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 09:27 PM
@Tarith: You don the hat and assume the appearance of a local noble. Your clothes shed the rogueish appearance that defines you and you fashion a fine silk embroidered attire with an overlarge hat topped by a peacock feather. A twirling mustache completes the diguise.

You have become an urban chamaleon.

The wooden gates that lead into Justcrown are, as always, closed. The skies are clear, but you can already feel the cold air around you. It would be a nice day to stroll around. A terrible one to be hanged.

"Who goes there! Identify yourself!"

One of the guards on top of the gate yells down at you.

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 09:33 PM
"You are not paid to identify me. You are paid to answer a simple question: Am I a threat to the city or not? Having answered that question, let me in, or you will find yourself assigned to cleaning the otyugh hole."

[roll0] bluff

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 09:57 PM
@Tarith: The guards look at each other and, given that nobody ever walks out of the Fey Woods at all, except for the salt mummies, you are not surprised that these lowly guards would fall for it.

Once inside, it's the same city you have known. Nothing has changed. Except of course for Connor not being around. As you watch the townsfolk walk past you and some even tip their hats to you. Yet, the question remains.

Where to go now?

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 10:04 PM
Once inside, Tarith heads for the Duke's Palazio, intending to see if security has been beefed up since he was there last.

NathanB1486
2012-12-29, 10:11 PM
I see, it is clear there are many mysteries regarding your kind I have yet to learn. This man clad in darkness that had corrupted your queen, and burdened you so, do you believe it to be the same one that absorbed the six auras in my dream?

After seeing Tarith get caught attempting to pick Anzaril's pocket Xander shakes his head in disappointment at Tarith's lack of respect for the fey, after the incident as Tarith is leaving. By Xander's tone it is clear he is growing weary of Tarith's trouble making.
Tarith, I must say, I am quite disappointed in your childish antics. Was it not just yesterday Anzaril restored you arms, and less than a whole day later, you have already used her gift against her...how many locations do you intend to get yourself banned from? Please think on your actions before you do them, and be more respectful of others and their property. I would hate to think I need to begin locking up my belongings while traveling.

To Anzaril.
I apologize for Tarith's actions, the boy still has much maturing yet to do, I do hope he has not spoiled your mood for the day. I intend on visiting Justcrown later today, but until that point, I would greatly enjoy the opportunity to continue our talks regarding the twin courts, among other topics. I also believe I owe you a swim in the lake, and see no better time than the present. Oh, and I had almost forgotten, Dantie wished me to ask if you wanted him to acquire you a dress for Rosalind, and he's wedding.

I always kind of pictured Anzaril to be scantly clad in kelp or something of the like, was kind of wondering about pockets.

Alan, regarding scribing scrolls, I primary want to make 2 teleport scrolls(one for Xander and one for Tarith), and maybe a few other situational spells, teleport takes 1.5 days total, and needs a quite environment just like adding spells to my book does, so I assume scribing it would be like adding a scroll, and could be accomplished during quite free time.

Also later on in the day Xander plans to teleport to Justcrown to visit Silas.

dantiesilva
2012-12-29, 10:21 PM
As Tarith tells him about how boring his night was Dantie nods, thankful Tarith didn’t get into any trouble last night. Once the story telling is done and Tarith suggest asking Anzrail almost on cue she emerges from the lake with all the beauty of the fey. Rosalind is fine. The bed was not that comfortable but we are fixing that today. Besides that she slept as well as could be expected. She is still resting now, if you can why do you not come up and join us for breakfast. I am not sure if you can eat normal food but if you can you are more then welcome to have some with us. I will be making it soon. Dantie says to the fey kindly.

As Xander explains why he slept alone Dantie looks to him. Your reasoning is sound, but I must agree with Anzrail, you should have slept in a more comfortable place. I tried making a tent for you with one of my spells out of stone, but it seems like it did not help you much. As they go in to the dreams and the fey courts Dantie tries to remember what he knows, though it aren’t much anything could prove useful.

[roll0] Religion
[roll1] The planes

After her story Dantie watches as Tarith goes to his old ways. Isn’t this how you almost got executed last time Tarith. Can you learn at least not to steal from your allies? Dantie asks him knowing the answer is probably no.

As Tarith takes of Dantie again apologizes to Anzrail. Once finished he excuses himself and goes to wake Rosalind up. Rosalind honey its time to get up. Dantie says kissing her on the lips.

AlanBruce
2012-12-29, 10:22 PM
@Xander: It is alright, Xander. He does have a lot of maturing to do. I must wonder why Dantie and you keep him around? And yes, please! If you can, get me a dress. I have never been to a wedding but that is customary, no? And regarding our swim... I promise you one at the wedding.

@Tarith: You walk down the streets of Justcrown, headed for the noble's district. Sure enough, you reach Pottsdorff's palazzo.

Your latest heist and Varian and Nerine's prior attack has left security tight. You see the Inquisitor's carriage parked outside with about a dozen guards. You can spot about twice their number past the gate.

Archmage1
2012-12-29, 10:39 PM
Interesting. If the inquisitor is here, then there is no-one at the monastery, which makes it the more attractive target

After all, they should have a finite number of guards

Tarith moves into an alley, out of sight of everyone, before draining a charge from his armor, using it to cast Glibness, and alter self, before casting disguise self.

He uses his amazing powers of disguise to conceal himself as a mid-ranked priest of Cuthbert(he should have seen enough of them)
[roll0] disguise
He then heads down to the monastery of cuthbert, and takes a look around

NathanB1486
2012-12-29, 10:42 PM
Thank you for the thought Dantie, if it were any colder, or the weather appeared it would rain, I would have summoned myself a subtitle shelter, it appears winter is coming sooner than I had thought, and I will soon have to ensure I always rest in under the protection of one of my spells.
Xander follows Dantie to the tree house for breakfast. While mentally communicating with Anzaril.
Dantie and he have traveled together for years before I had met either of them, so I am unsure of their past relationship. As you myself and Tairth's relationship, Tarith is young, and tends to quickly give into the impulses of youth, and he chooses to employ tactics that can be rather savage at times, but if my dream holds any truth, there are much greater things happening in his world, and someone of his talents will be needed if I have any hope in preventing my vision.
I will request Dantie look for a dress for you, and will await our swim at that point.

Once they reach the tree house.
Dantie, it seems Anzaril is in need of a dress as you has suspected, would you please search for one for her while you are shopping?

dantiesilva
2012-12-29, 11:52 PM
All she needs to do is tell me what she wants it to look like, and if possible tell you or Rosalind her size and it will be custom made for her. Dantie says to Xander. I plan on selling the horses back to their owner that way we have some spending money anyways. Dantie says to him kindly as he casts heroes feast and then goes to awaken Rosalind. Once she is awake and clothed the two of them walk out and join Xander for breakfast.

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 02:43 AM
@Dantie: You wake Rosalind with a kiss and this one stretches while cracking her back.

"Good morning! Sorry I overslept...Prayer!"

Rosalind gets out of bed and begins praying towards a window, allowing the light of the sun to come in. After about a minute, she gets up and puts on her clothes, but not her armor.

"Good morning Xander, Lady Anzaril. I hope you had a good night's sleep. Where is Tarith?"

Anzaril does her best to hide her contempt at the question and bows back.

"I must say, I have never sat to eat this way! I...well. You know I eat differently. However, to refuse such a feast would be most rude of me."

@The Party: You all sit down in the crude wooden table made by Bishop and Dantie calls forth a magnificent breakfast made of the best baked rolls, sausages, poached eggs, ham and fresh milk served in crystal pitchers, with a another filled with freshly squeezed orange juice. Anzaril reaches out for a roll.

"These look so good! I wonder what they taste like..."

The Lady of the Lake immediately takes her hand off the roll basket as she watches Dantie and Rosalind in prayer. Never have been raised in a religious environment, Anzaril gives Xander a puzzled look.

Did I do something wrong? Why are they praying? Should I put my hands like that too?

@Xander: You watch Anzaril put her elbows on the table and mimic Rosalind and Dantie's pose. She the decides to take off her elbows from the table and closes her hands to her chest. Always keeping an eye closed and another open to them- just to see if there is something to be imitated.

Soooo glad to be a sorcerer...

After morning prayer at the table. Everyone sets in to enjoy the feast Dantie has provided.

"Anzaril, would you like to go to Justcrown and buy a dress? I know a great seamstress there. We can both go and choose what we like!" Rosalind takes a drink from her orange juice.

Anzaril shuts her eyes in sheer joy as she savors every bite from the baked roll. The fey has never had a home cooked meal. Feeding off blood. Even if her body does not require this food, her expression would dictate otherwise. She swallows the roll with a gulp of milk and looks at the young bride.

"I would love to, my dear, but I cannot leave the Font of Life for a very long time, let alone human settlements. However, I do know such a dress will require currency, no? That I have with me."

Rosalind eyes the Fen Witch.

"My apologies for being so rude, Anzaril. What size are you?"

Anzaril stands up and motions her hand up and down.

"Medium, yes? I read it in some book."

Rosalind gets up.

"Gentlemen, if you'll excuse me? Anzaril, let's go to the other room."

Anzaril gives both of you a puzzled look as she excuses herself and both ladies go into the bedroom. Rosalind shuts the door.

You hear the sound of clothes being removed.

Xander...why is Rosalind measuring me with a stick?

@Tarith: You leave the dark alley of Temple District and assume the guise of Father Comissari, one of the priests involved in your trial but a few days back.

As you walk towards the Cuthbertine Fortress, the memories come back to you.

Angel Killer...

Murderer...

Thief...

Mr. Spellbane...

Two guards stand in attention at the main gate, which has the portcullis lowered. Both show a military salute and bow their heads.

"Father Comissari! Good morning! We thought you were escorting Mother Kalypsia. Is everything well?"

dantiesilva
2012-12-30, 07:15 AM
As Rosalind apologizes for sleeping in Dantie looks at her and says I do not believe anyone would have been up on time after what you made me do last night. The only reason I am awake is because of the ring I wear that allows me to only need two hours of rest. He says as he watches her go and pray, basking in the sunlight. Once she is done he watches her go and put on her clothing from last night and then together they walk out into the main room where the others, less Tarith sit.

Lets just leave it at Tarith tried biting off more then he could chew again and tried getting into trouble. Anzrail was kind enough to let him walk away. Dantie says to Rosalind hoping to keep Anzrail in a good mood. That is when he heard her comment on how she had never eaten any food like this before. It would not be rude Anzrail I assure you I would not take it as an insult. I know about your diet and understand that somethings just do not sit well. But if you do end up enjoying it, it does grant alot of extra benefits that yours may not. For example you become immune to fear itself, and even your mind seems sharper after eating. Though this is not with all human food, but with that which my god grants me the ability to summon it is so. Perhaps next time if you are a quest he will send you something more to your liking. Dantie says bowing his head to her before beginning to thank Pelor for the meal he has granted them before they dig in.

Once everyone is done eating and lighter talk is once more instated Dantie listens on as the two girls talk about buying dresses. Xander I will be heading to town latter as well if you want me to pick up anything so you can spend some time with Anzrail. It should not be to much of a burden with the carriage and such. Dantie says to Xander before noticing Rosalind and Anzrail getting up and excusing themselves. He follows them all the way to their bedroom door where he watches Rosalind shut the door blocking his and Xanders view of what is going on in the room, but as he hears the sounds of clothes being removed he thinks he has the idea. So Xander do you know any reason Rosalind would be holding her stomach and try to hide doing it from me? Dantie says mentally while eating one of the remaining rolls as to not let anyone else hear him.

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 09:31 AM
Ok, so I made a mistake or two last time. Still, this time... I won't

"And a good morning to you as well. She left a scroll behind, so she sent me to retrieve it. Open the gates."
[roll0] bluff

Tarith walks inside, heading for the interior. Once he is inside, he heads towards the interior of the monastry, hoping to find a handy dark spot to change to invisible mode.

NathanB1486
2012-12-30, 01:16 PM
Dantie, I like that you added she had to get clothed before she joined us for breakfast.

Good morning Rosalind, I trust you slept well? As you Tarith, he is up to his usual mischief and left Anzaril's grove. I suspect he will be off getting himself into more trouble some place, Justcrown would be my guess, I only hope he is not that foolish.
Xander takes a seat, waits for Dantie, and Rosalind to complete there prayers, then serves himself a plate of food.

To Anzaril.
Dantie and Rosalind are both quite religious people, and the early morning is especially important to them, due to being followers or Pelor, the human god of the sun. You did nothing wrong, weather you choose to pray with them is entirely up to you, a moment of quit contemplation while they pray is customary and would be appreciated by them I believe.

Xander continues to eat, while Rosalind, and Anzaril talk a bout dresses, smiling slightly when Rosalind takes her off to the bedroom.
To Anzaril.
I believe she is taking your measurements to ensure the dress she chooses for you will fit properly, she should not take long, and it will be worth the discomfort, I assure you.

To Dantie.
You have lain with Rosalind multiple times have you not? If she is holding her stomach I suspect she may be with child, that or possibly ill, if the later I I would investigate to ensure she is well.

Dantie, we need to get a permanent telepathic bond made, so we can mentally talk when ever we want, because right now Dante and Xander shouldn't be able to mentally communicate until one of us casts the spell. (I set it up today, unless you planned on running it?)

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 01:27 PM
@Dantie & Xander: The door opens and Rosalind comes out followed by Anzaril, now dressed. Rosalind has a piece of parchment on her hand with a few notes on it.

"She's a size one. No surprises there. Here are her measurements. I also drew a quick sketch for the seamstress and included the color. They'll know."

Anzaril digs into a pouch and takes out a trout statuette fashioned of pure gold. The piece looks exquisite. With a metalwork never seen before. Every detail, even to the last scale has been reproduced.

"Will this do for the dress?"

@Dantie: "Of course, father Comissari. Please come in."

You walk through the Cuthbertine Fortress and look around. The place has soldier and clerics. Or a mix of both- difficult to tell with all the martial training going around tempered by prayer. You overhear a brief conversation while you walk, hopefully unnoticed. This takes place between two clerics clad in robes. One is putting his armor on.

"So what do you think of Mother Kalypsia?"

"I'd rather not. She is, of course, not Connor. Which is good. However those eyes of hers... they can be quite unnerving. As if she sees through you."

"Well, why do you think the Free City sent her then? Who better to see the truth? Now help me strap the back of the full plate."

You finally reach a dark area underneath a stairway and conceal perfectly.

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 01:33 PM
It seems that the clerics believe that she can see through illusions. If so, I should avoid her. Still, if she is with the fellow I am impersonating, then I should be safe enough

Tarith casts invisibility, and heads towards the study, assuming it is the scriptorium as well. Once there, he activates his ring as well.

[roll0] hide
[roll1] move silently

dantiesilva
2012-12-30, 01:56 PM
As Xander points out the obvious Dantie slaps himself in the head for being so foolish as to not even realize that. I would not call it a lot of times, but yes you are probably right. Thank you Xander, I should have seen that. Dantie says mentally as the girls walk out of the room. As Dantie is handed the note and the statue he puts them in his bag of holding. That should be more then enough, and I will make sure to get every gold piece back that they owe you. Wish that child had not gotten into trouble though he is better at telling the prices of stuff then I am. Dantie says before turning to Rosalind. Why are you giving me the paper? I thought you were coming as well to Justcrown? Dantie says confused.

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 02:01 PM
@Tarith: Having been here several times before, you walk towards the Main Study, where Connor used to sit and prepare his many hangings and where you first met Mother Mathilda during the events prior to the Autumn Ball.

The area leading to it is, as is to be expected, well guarded. You phase in to the room and, to your surprise, find that the area is not under the protection of a magic suppressing field. In fact, there are no guards here. All that remains is the large desk, the main chair and another pair of chairs for guests.

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 02:03 PM
Tarith searches the room, looking for traps and secrets
(take 10, so 31)

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 02:07 PM
@Dantie: Rosalind looks at you with a smile.

"Of course, silly me! Well shall we get going then?"

She bows to Anzaril.

"Thank you for having breakfast with us. And trust me, you will not be disappointed."

@Xander: Anzaril turns to look at you and smiles.

"I really hope I do not. Enjoy your day."

Anzaril walks towards the window, looks at the water in the lake and disappears in a flash.

dantiesilva
2012-12-30, 02:23 PM
Well I will see you two later. Xander I will be taking the carriage to Justcrown because we may have alot to bring back, Including Tarith tied up if I so much as see a hair of him in Justcrown. Dantie says before taking Rosalinds hand and going down to the carriage. Once their he casts his daily spells, transforming himself into a hound acrhon. Once finished he takes the reins and with Rosalind heads towards the city.

Once out of ear shot he says Is their something you need to tell me Rosalind? I saw how you held your stomach yesterday.

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 03:41 PM
@Tarith: You phase into the study invisible, under a disguise and blinking, while under the true veil of shadow. The room is just as you left it- sand the suppressing field. You are checking for documents in the desk and find a list of important people in Justcrown as well as a rewrite proposal for certain laws. It is then that a flash directs your view towards the center of the room and you see Silas and who you would suspect is the New Inquisitor, Mother Kalypisa.

At first glance, she appears human, albeit with a purple metallic skin tone. Her features are nearly perfect- as if the best expression of a human. Her hair is chalk white and combed straight down. She wears heavy looking armor and the symbol of the cudgel on her chest.

"Why did you have me bring us here, High Inquisitor?", Silas asks puzzled.

"Shhh... I sensed someone."

Spot: [roll0]

if found, Will to disbelieve illusion, [roll1] if Spot is required to see through disguise [roll2]

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 03:45 PM
I think now is time to leave
Tarith walks out through the door, meaning to find the scriptorium in the monastery
(scroll storage, possibly a vault)

[roll0] hide
[roll1] move silently

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 04:09 PM
@Tarith: You decide it would be best to leave the room with Silas and this New Inquisitor around. You could kill both of them, of course, but Xander would be most dismayed at the loss of his colleague.

Kalypisa attempts to surmise her surroundings again.

If found, Will to disbelieve image [roll1]

Spot to see through disguise: [roll2]

"I could've sworn I sensed someone in here."

The Inquisitor walks over to her desk.

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 04:42 PM
@Dantie: As you drive the carriage through the woods to Justcrown you ask Rosalind about why she was feeling her belly earlier. Rosalind blushes and looks to the right as she admires the trees.

"It's nothing... just some conversation I had with Arrallae yesterday. No worries."

@Tarith: Silas takes a seat across the main desk where Kalypsia is seated. The Cuthbertine takes out a handful of parchments and scrolls. These aren't magical, since you have checked them already. The purple hued woman begins reading them and signing them as she takes a deep sigh.

"A lot on your mind, High Inquisitor?", Silas takes out an old oak pipe and taps it with tobacco.

"I swear on my sacred oath, Silas. I am committed to Law- more than anyone. However, the mess the previous Inquisitor has done with all these absurd laws. It defies logic."

Silas puts the pipe in his mouth and snaps his fingers as a small spark flies into the pipe and the School Teacher takes a few puffs. As he blows the smoke into the air he muses.

"Where is he, anyway. Connor. What became of him?"

Kalypsia shakes her hand around, shoving the smoke away.

"Master Silas, please. You know I dislike smoke. As to your question, last I knew of him, he was in the Free City. I heard he would be relocated."

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 04:47 PM
Interesting. Might need to look him up in the free city, if and when we make our way there.

Tarith finishes leaving the room, and looks around, looking for a monk bearing writing utensils, or some interesting item, hoping to follow him to a treasury, or a scriptorium, or something of interest

27 listen
27 spot
34 move and hide

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 05:09 PM
@Tarith: You find a priest reading some scriptures in quiet contemplation as he walks down the stone hallway. The priest stops at an archway leading down a flight of stairs and reaches for his pockets and takes out a rusted old key. As he tries the lock he opens it and quickly closes the door behind him.

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 05:14 PM
Tarith activates his arcane sight, and takes a look at the door
search 31

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 05:30 PM
@Tarith: There is magic surrounding the door, and most likely extending into the room itself. This is strong magic. And it was not fashioned as a trap.

The nature of the magic permeating this area would have to be studied further.

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 05:32 PM
Tarith tries picking the lock on the door, moving slowly, and carefully
34 hide, move silently
27 spot, listen
36 open lock.

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 05:42 PM
@Tarith: You do not know what magic surrounds the door and, most likely, the room beyond. Nonetheless, intrepidly, you choose to handle the lock on the door, attempting to pick it.

Success! The lock gives in to your tools. Now all you would need to do is phase through or slide in. Untold bounty is sure to await on the Other Side.

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 05:48 PM
Tarith stealthily opens the door, just enough to enter the room, moving cautiously, so that if needed, he can retreat without getting in too much trouble with the magic in the room.
34 on stealth skills

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 06:22 PM
@Tarith: You push the door open enough to see inside.

The place isn't that big. It looks like a mix between an armory and a library. Sets of full plates are hanging on the sides of the wall, flanked by iron torches. Shelves with various books line the left and right wall. At the end of the room there is a table with a chest. A man in red garb and glistening armor stands next to the chest and bows respectfully to the priest as he receives the text from him. You decide it's time to walk in.

There is something...strange. You cease shifting to the Ethereal. The ring should still work- in fact, it has not lost its luster. Some power in the room is suppressing this form of movement. Then, you feel it. Anathema to you. A surging pain that dances around the room and has chosen to take you as its partner.

Will DC 27 for half damage (cannot be absorbed as it is not targeting you specifically) damage [roll0]

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 06:27 PM
[roll0] will save

As the pain of the area's discordance sears through his body, Tarith only hopes that it does not continue.

Tarith heads for the chest, moving quietly, hoping to pull a houdini with it...

34 on stealth, 27 on spot.
Is the armor magical, or is the chest? or the fellow's armor?

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 06:50 PM
@Tarith: You bite through the pain and take a look at your surroundings, particularly the man in armor. This is no man in armor, no. The armor moves on its own accord, similar to Dantie's mechanical centaur. He does radiate magic, as does the chest's contents. Whatever they may be.

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 06:54 PM
This should be interesting
Muttering quietly to himself, Tarith casts Silent Image, creating a duplicate of the armor and chest. He then pulls out his bag of holding, and places the real chest into it, before putting his bag away.

The images are connected in the walls
[roll0] hide
[roll1] move silently

NathanB1486
2012-12-30, 07:12 PM
After seeing everyone leave, Xander decides now is as good a time as any to begin scribing a scroll, and sits down to begin scribing a scroll of teleport (lvl 13) Every so often Xander pauses in his work to determine the approximate time, when it appears to be about the time Silas would be closing his school, Xander teleports himself to Silas' school to meet with him.

The scroll will take Xander a littler over a day and a half to complete, so it will take a few days of working on it, if your ok with me completing it it parts.(probably spend half a day each, over the next 3 days.)

Teleport accuracy [roll0]

Also I would recommend you all adding "The Gamers: Dorkness Rising" to your list of movies to watch, a buddy of mine brought it over last night, its a comedy made in 2008 about a group of gamers playing D&D, a pretty entertaining movie, especially if you enjoy D&D web comics.

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 07:45 PM
@Tarith:You now discern the room's dimensions.

The room is 100ft. long by 30 ft. wide. The only door is the one you came through. You move another 30ft. (unless spells are on that allow faster movement).

The cleric begins to leave and the metal warrior assess his surroundings.

Spot: [roll1]

Listen: [roll2]

@Xander: You sit by the lake and scribe one of the scrolls. Now and then, you watch Anzaril popping her head out of the water just to dive back in. It is a quiet place to meditate and write. If only all places were like this. Once most of the day is done, you focus on Silas' school and wish to be there immediately. Once again, the pull of reality at your fingertips makes it so. And, as the day draws to a close, you find yourself looking at the School. tephan is locking the door with an alarm spell.

"Master Corillian! Good evening! Mentor and I thought you would be gone for a long time. I have taken to substitute for him today. Mentor is with Mother Kalypsia, the new Inquisitor in Temple District."

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 07:55 PM
Since Tarith is not taking a standard action, Tarith can move ~50 per round without penalty.
if you still want it[roll0] will

Tarith continues going for the chest

[roll1] hide
[roll2] move silently

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 08:12 PM
@Tarith: You sneak in a little further and watch the priest walk by you without even noticing.

The metal warrior places his hand on the chest and moves his head silently from left to right, scanning the area.

Listen: [roll1]

As you're walking towards the chest, you hear the priest behind you.

"Mother Kalypsia! What brings you down to the armory?"

You turn around and watch the High Inquisitor walking in.

"Master Silas. Be so kind to alert the guards outside? We believe we may have an intruder."

Spot:[roll2]

"Lord Cinderbolt, did you not sense anything being attacked in here?"

The mechanical warrior taps his fingers on the chest.

"None, High Inquisitor. Is there reason to be alarmed?"

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 08:17 PM
Uhoh. She must have detected me, and has decided to try and find me. Hopefully, she will accept his reassurances that all is well, and not search again. Not really anything else I can do about it.

Tarith moves to be behind the chest, and casts his silent image, mimicing the chest, and as many of the suits of armor along the edges of the room as he can

[roll0] hide
[roll1] move silently
invis should help, unless she has true seeing.
Also, the other guards and stuff might be a bit distracting

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 08:30 PM
@Tarith: You move behind the table and place your hand on it, feeling the area around it for the chest. Your fingers feel around the cold metal of Lord Cinderbolt's hands and then, you feel the leather texture of the chest as you pull off one of the stitches and this one slides silently towards the edge of the table.

As you feel the chest being drawn in, you call forth some images- basic illusions. To make the armors hanging on the walls fill up the space. Mother Kalypsia watches from the door.

"Lord Cinderbolt! Please stay at alert! I have reasons to be believe there may be someone here!"

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 08:39 PM
Tarith waits for the inquisitor to leave, getting his bag of holding ready
[roll0] hode
[roll1] move silently

dantiesilva
2012-12-30, 09:11 PM
Odd because your being as indirect with me as you did when you first meet me rosalind. What did she tell you, I'm sure that anything coming from her will be good news. And with our marriage so close. Dantie says to her kindly as he sees the clearing of the woods coming into view.

NathanB1486
2012-12-30, 09:53 PM
Recent matters caused us to have to return sooner than expected. Silas is with the new Inquisitor then? I wonder what business led her to seek his aid. Thank you Master Stephan, I will go look for him in the Cuthberites Temple.
Xander bows to Stephan and leaves for the Cuthberite Temple to search for Silas, once he arrives he bows to the guards.
Good evening sirs, I am Xander Corrillian, I am currently looking for Master Silas, and have been informed he is with Mother Kalypsia, do you know if he is still with her, and if so can you please have word sent to him I am here to speak with him.

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 09:55 PM
@Tarith: The mechanical warrior hears the Inquisitor's warnings and turns his clock-work neck towards the new set of armor that has sprung.

"One moment, High Inquisitor. Something seems amiss..."

The metal man examines the new suit of armor.

Will to disbelieve: [roll0]

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 10:02 PM
@Dantie: Rosalind smiles again.

"In time, please. It is nothing bad. I promise."

The carriage keeps driving through the woods at the best speed it can, given there are no roads for carriages here.

@Xander: "Guards! Alert!" You watch Silas running towards the front gate and clutching his side. He leans against a wall as the guards surround him.

"Huff...wait a second..."

Silas catches his breath.

"Ok...the armory...Mother Kalypsio believes there is an intruder in the armory...go!"

As the guards head inside the fortress Silas straightens himself up.

"Xander! You seem to show up at the most opportune of times! There seems to be an intruder in the Fortress. I was meeting with the duke and the new Inquisitor to discuss the magical protections for the city, that's when one of my wards went off and she asked to be brought here at once. Now she believes the culprit to be still inside! Want to help us catch him?"

dantiesilva
2012-12-30, 10:08 PM
As you wish. So do you want to do the dress shopping alone or everything together? Dantie asks er as the carriage continues on its way.

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 10:11 PM
@Tarith: The mechanical man turns to the High Inquisitor.

"Devious magic at hand, Inquisitor. Your earlier assertion was correct."

The High Inquisitor stands by the only door and looks around.

"I will find you, intruder. You have entered the private study and now the armory. I will, however, grant you a choice: Surrender now and face trial. I will make sure leniency is shown towards you. If you do not, and I am forced to catch you, the result will be vastly different. I will give you to the count of three."

High Inquisitor Kalypsia stands by the door, blocking it entirely.

One...

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 10:14 PM
@Dantie: "Rosalind brushes off her hair against the branches and leaves.

"I'll go get the dress. We won't have to worry about too many guests after all. I would like it if you could inform Father Wilhelm. In many ways, he has been a father in the proverbial way. He will not object, of course, but I would like him to be present."

In the distance, you can see the wooden gates of the southern door.

"So..where do you wish to meet? At the seamstress or at the Temple?"

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 10:16 PM
Tarith pauses for a moment, then shrugs, figuring that he might as well grab what he came here for, before making a break for it

Tarith places the chest into his bag, before attempting to mislead the armor.

Whispered into its ear
"That is not the inquisitor, but an imposter. You don't remember hearing this voice."
(using bluff as a suggestion, he gets +50 to his sense motive)
[roll0] bluff

He then pulls out a smokestick

dantiesilva
2012-12-30, 10:24 PM
I understand Rosalind, and I believe it best to tell him together so why don't we meet at the temple. Dantie says taking out the piece of paper and the gold statue Anzrail had given him to sell. I believe you will need these more then I will as you will be buying the dresses. Dantie says as he pulls up to the gates. Well I will see you soon. Lets hope Tarith choose to go to Swans rest. Dantie says before bringing the carriage into the grand city and dismounting. Once both are done They both head their separate ways. Dantie first stop being the stables that he had bought the horses from.

Once their he knocks on the door. Excuse me sir. I was here but a few days ago and acquired a few horses from you. I would like to sell them back to you now as I no longer need their services. They were indeed noble and proud animals. And it was a pleasure having them. But I fear that they would be much safer here then traveling with me. Dantie says to the stable man trying to get the man to give him at least 75% of his money back.

[roll0] Diplomacy to get the stable owner to buy back his horses for more then half.

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 10:25 PM
@Tarith: As you watch the purple skinned Inquisitor utter her future actions, you decide to act your own, whispering into the mechanical man's ear, you snake in the idea that that woman, bearing the most holy symbol of the Cudgel, who once even brought him forth from Mechanus itself. The woman who holds the title of High inquisitor in Justcrown....is a fraud.

The mechanical warrior turns towards the Inquisitor.

"He is here. And he attempted a devious spell on my mind."

Lord Cinderbolt moves towards the entrance 20 feet with his sword ready.

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 10:28 PM
@Dantie: Rosalind gets off teh carriage and gives you a kiss.

"See you in an hour at the Temple?" You watch your bride walk away towards Merchant District.

Upon talking to the stable hand.

"Ummm... sure, why not? What will you do with the carriage? You need horses for that."

NathanB1486
2012-12-30, 10:30 PM
An intruder? I see no reason why not, please lead on. I certainly have been caught in some interesting situations lately, I believe I will prepare myself some in case a battle breaks out.

Xander follows Silas while they search for the intruder, on the way Xander casts mage armor, shield, nightshield, on himself as they go.

dantiesilva
2012-12-30, 10:33 PM
We have other means to summon horses to pull the carriage. Thank you for understanding kind sir, and have a good day. Dantie says pocketing the gp from the stable owner after returning the horse to him and then heads of to the jeweler to buy the rings.

How many gp did he get from the four horses total? 75 of a heavy horse would be 150gp a horse for a total of 600gp. Also Tarith should have gone for an easier target.

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 10:40 PM
Worth a shot, I suppose

Tarith heads towards the door
(50 feet covered)

[roll1] hide
[roll0] move silently

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 11:03 PM
@Xander: As you prepare your spells, you follow Silas below the Cuthbertine Fortress. A group of soldiers have formed a phalanx in the hallway leading even deeper down.

"The High Inquisitor asked for us. We can help." Silas looks at one straight in the eye. The phalanx opens and you go down some more stairs and see the back of an armored woman with white hair.

"Inquisitor Kalypsio? I brought some help."

The woman barely moves her head towards the voice behind them.

"Silas, thank you. However, I advise not entering this place unless you are really certain you won't be harmed. The culprit is inside. He attempted to use devious whispers into Lord Cinderbolt. If you decide to enter, use caution. The enemy is very good at hiding."

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 11:06 PM
@Tarith: You use subterfuge to hide through the armory and deceive the High Inquisitor and her mechanical warrior.

Lord Cinderbolt

Kalypsia

Spot: [roll2]

Lord Cinderbolt vanishes.

Kalypsia radiates a circle with mathematical algorythms glowing in white light that extend from her and etch themselves on the ground in a 5ft. radius, using her as the base of origin.

"Two..."

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 11:07 PM
Tarith makes his move, to be within 10 feet of the door leading out, waiting for something to happen

[roll1] hide
[roll0] move

(Tarith is waiting for her to move, for any reason. If she does not, then Tarith will do something next round)

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 11:16 PM
@Tarith: Kalypsio tries to find you again.

"THREE!...Lord Cinderbolt! There he is!"

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 11:21 PM
@Tarith: Before actions, rolls

Spellcraft: To ID any buffs on you [roll0] Please list any if are present, (not from items)

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 11:23 PM
Tarith drops the smokestick, obscuring the area in smoke once more, trying to compel her to move forwards to find him

[roll1] hide
[roll0] move silently
buffs

glibness, invisibility, disguise self, alter self

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 11:27 PM
@Tarith: Let's roll initiative before the smoke stick get tossed.

Cinderbolt: [roll0]

Kalypsio [roll1]

The mechanical man has seemingly disappeared from view. Where could he be.

Move Silently: [roll3]

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 11:27 PM
init [roll0]
kalypso goes first, sadly, then Tarith, then cinderbolt

AlanBruce
2012-12-30, 11:45 PM
@Tarith: The High Inquisitor points her finger at you.

"You were given a chance to surrender peacefully, ruffian!"

Kalypsio fires a beam of pure emerald light at your chest.

DMM Quickened Targeted Greater Dispel Magic (using Inq. Domain granted power)

Inv. [roll0]

Glibness [roll1]

Alter Self [roll2]

Disguise Self [roll3]

You see most of your protections being stripped away as Kalypsio turns into a Large ornate Scales of Justice with you on one side as a small porcelain figurine and this one breaks off. The image immediately reverts to the High Inquisitor.

"And now, I release you from your devious ways. May you never hide again like a thieving shadow.

Kalypsio moves towards you and places her hand upon your chest.

Greater Bestow Curse touch attack [roll4], will DC 28 or have Dexterity reduced to 1.

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 11:46 PM
[roll0] absorb vs dispel
[roll1] absorb vs bestow curse

Archmage1
2012-12-30, 11:56 PM
even if you rule absorb spell as more or less pointless, this still works. As a warning, if you really want to nerf absorb spell, rule that the normal effect of the spell is as if Tarith had failed the save

After her magic has no effect on him, Tarith bows to her.
"It has been a pleasure. Good luck in your future endeavors. My thanks for moving."
Tarith then heads through the no longer guarded doorway, to freedom

Double move, 25 each to get out of the room
edit: 50 feet moved total
she gets an aao, as Tarith is moving past her
[roll0] hide
[roll1] move silently

AlanBruce
2012-12-31, 12:22 AM
@Tarith: The absorb or suffer effect vs. spell regardless of the save result is interesting. Will consider that.

You dart past her and Kalypisa takes her chance.

Grapple: Touch [roll0] grapple [roll1]

"Not so fast! Lord Cinderbolt! Your assistance would be much required!"

@Dantie: You visit an old gnome jeweler and express your desire for wedding bands.

"Ahhh... yes. Quite popular these days. Weddings. I have these nice silver rings for 500 gold. Look at the craftsmanship, very affordable. Then we have these gold which I can have your names etched on them. These go for a little higher- 2500 gold..."

The gnome beckons you to get in closer.

"These come from the Crystalmist Mountains. Diamonds, my friend! Your lady bride will be most grateful...amongst other things."

He shows you a pair of exquisite diamond rings. The rock alone is half the size of your thumb. The golden band beneath it portrays a snake eating its own tail, forming the band itself.

"Continuity, they say. That's what they represent. Interested?"

dantiesilva
2012-12-31, 12:35 AM
As the jeweler shows him the rings Dantie is at first drawn to the golden rings but when he sees the serpent eating its tail Dantie looks to the gnome and shakes his head. I must disagree, that is the sign of the Orobrous. The one who wish to be whole but never can be. He is a devour of worlds. If I may ask who brought this to you? It is not often you see such work in a common shop. Especially out in the open as wedding jewelry. Dantie says to the man before going back to the silver rings. I will take the silver ones, though I must ask why you can not do the same to the silver ones as you can to the gold. Does it not require the same skill level? Dantie asks, not yet handing over the gold. As he is doing this he uses his abilities to sense evil and see through illusions to see if he can see anything or anyone.

AlanBruce
2012-12-31, 12:58 AM
@Tarith: As Kalypsia fires the spells at you and these are absorbed. She attempts to see through your illusions.

Will to disbelieve: [roll0]

The High Inquisitor gasps.

"I have seen you! There was a poster the duke showed me with your face and name! You're Tarith Spellbane! Banished from Justcrown!"

@Xander: You hear the name loud and clear.

Silas shakes his head.

"Xander... you do know what this means, I'm afraid."

@Dantie: You look around the shop, but can perceive no evil or illusions. Although the ring is of exquisite taste, it's concept is very different to what the gnome is implying. Perhaps out of ignorance or because he wishes to make a good sale.

"These? They came from some tarder years ago. He said they had been mined and crafted in the mountains on the far side of the continent. Very rare. Now, if you want the silver ones etched, I can do that, for an extra fee of 30 gold per name inscribed."

dantiesilva
2012-12-31, 01:08 AM
Why would I pay extra for something I am already paying you for? That does not seem right to me. you are not trying to swindle me are you? Maybe I should go someplace else. Dantie says to the jeweler before turning around and starting to head towards the door.

[roll0] Diplomacy, Dantie is buying a ring and as such it should be how he wants them to look. He should not have to pay extra.

[roll1] Sense motives Untrained

AlanBruce
2012-12-31, 01:16 AM
@Dantie: "Did I say 30 extra? Oh no no no...my friend! That was for delivery. Yes, delivery. If you want to surprise your bride. We can settle for the original price, no more, yes?"

NathanB1486
2012-12-31, 01:24 AM
Xander sighs, and and puts a hand to his temple in an attempt to massage away an approaching headache.
Yes Silas I know what this means.

To himself.
He has gotten himself caught twice in once day? The second time in Justcrown, again. Just how insane is he?

AlanBruce
2012-12-31, 01:34 AM
@Xander: "Is Dantie close at hand? We may need his presence. I can attempt to contact him, but I know he is rather zealous. As was demonstrated at the Trial. It is your call, old colleague."

Silas starts going down the stairs.

"This kid... why?"

NathanB1486
2012-12-31, 01:55 AM
I can contact Dantie, I believe he was heading to Justcrown as well and should be near.

To Dantie.
Dantie my friend, I am afraid I have to interrupt your wedding preparations. It seems Tarith has been caught by Mother Kalypsia, sneaking around her temple...Dantie, he was caught in the vault...

Archmage1
2012-12-31, 07:07 AM
Deftly avoiding Kalypso's grasp, Tarith makes his run up the stairs

(50 foot movement, 42 hide, 26 move silently already rolled)

AlanBruce
2012-12-31, 10:35 AM
@Tarith: The Inquisitor tries to hold you down, but you wriggle out of her grasp and make a run for the door.

@Xander: You hear Kalypsio's voice from below the vault.

"Somebody catch that criminal! Guards! Do not allow him to leave the fortress!"

dantiesilva
2012-12-31, 12:27 PM
Dantie pulls out the 500gp and turns around. So you were trying to swindle me? I am starting to wounder if these are even worth 500gp. Dantie says before he gets a mental message from Xander. He what!!!!!! Dantie sends back mentally as he puts his money back in the pouch and walks out the door not taking the rings. When I get my hands on that child I am going to make him wish he had stayed in the valley. Dantie says to himself as he heads towards the temple district Activating all of his abilities and his spells.

Pierce illusions, Detect evil, Detect magic

Once inside the temple he goes everywhere but the vault, knowing if Tarith is still in the building it will not be were he was caught.

Spot 30
Listen26

Taking 20.

AlanBruce
2012-12-31, 01:29 PM
@Xander: The vault is 30ft. wide, 100 ft, long. The area outside (where you and Silas are) is 30ft. wide by 50ft. long ascending, since it is a staircase.

You see a man darting past the High Inquisitor through a glyph placed on the door. You have had the Inquisitor speak of Tarith's name, but this one disappears from view.

@Dantie: "You come back again!" You slam the door to the jewelers and run as fast as you can towards Temple District. As soon as you see the Cuthbertine Fortess, you know something's wrong: The guards have assembled at the door and the Portcullis has been raised. One of them greets you.

"Father Dantie! We are sorry we cannot let you in. High Inquisitor Kalypsia has alerted the temple of a thief. She has ordered us to close the place down."

NathanB1486
2012-12-31, 01:50 PM
Momentarily seeing the intruder, Xander casts (quickened)glitterdust, focused on the square in front of where he saw the intruder. Knowing Tarith will have no problem resisting its blinding effect, but it will help keep him from getting away.

Tarith, I apologize, but I can not allow you get away, stealing from a church is a most disgraceful act, and you must submit to justice for your crimes, and accept your punishment.

If targeting that square will hit a Neutral NPC that Xander can see, please move it so the originally targeted square is in the area, preferably in the direction he would be running if he was trying to escape. (Xander accidentally blinding some clerics doesn't seem a good way to try helping them)

AlanBruce
2012-12-31, 02:19 PM
@Xander: The Inquisitor moved towards Tarith, leaving the door open. The only ones in the staircase are you, Silas and now Tarith. The guards are upstairs.

You squint your eyes as you see the figure coming through the door and immediately cast a spell used many times before. You can hope it will blind Tarith, as the area around fills with a glowing pollen. However, should Tarith avoid being blinded, you are certain his hiding will be reduced considerably.

dantiesilva
2012-12-31, 02:59 PM
I know there's a thief in there thats why I am here. Was called by Xander mentally. And if it is who they believe it is you may want to surround the whole temple. He can walk through walls. Dantie says to them willing to wait outside with the others.

AlanBruce
2012-12-31, 03:08 PM
@Dantie: One of the guards listens to your statement.

"Open the Gates for the priest! I remember him. He was present at a trial not too long ago. Mother Kalypsia mentioned the intruder was very good at hiding and father Dantie mentioned the thief can walk through walls. A very similar incident not too long ago."

The portcullis is lowered for you and you are lead inside the Fortress. It does not take you a long time to assess the situation: Guards have been posted in the courtyard's perimeter. The priests have begun casting upon themselves and the guards multiple abjurations and transmutations to deal with the intruder. Inside, you see a phalanx of soldiers and beyond, Silas and Xander standing in a flight of stone stairs leading below. Silas turns to see you.

"Guards, please let him pass. He can help us with the situation."

You watch Xander already casting a spell to hedge out Tarith, should he be invisible. You can also hear Mother Kalypsia ordering a sir Cinderbolt to her side. Silas turns to look at you.

"A pity we don't have time for a proper greeting, Dantie. I believe Xander has put you up to speed?"

dantiesilva
2012-12-31, 09:15 PM
As Dantie is let into the place he nods to everyone before doing the one thing no one would be expecting. Tarith I swear if you ruin my wedding so help me I will throw you in a volcano. Stop now if you ever were my friend and reveal yourself. If you do this I will make sure that it is known the truth behind what you wee trying to do. Don't and I will take it as you lied to me. Dantie says sticking his neck out on the line, hoping Pelor can forgive him. Mother Kalypsia please tell your men to stand down if Tarith reveals himself. I believe I can explain what is going on as I asked him to do so. Dantie says hoping she believes him.

[roll0] Diplomacy.

AlanBruce
2012-12-31, 11:23 PM
@Dantie: The Zenythri inquisitor hears your words.

"You were assigned as Tarith's guardian and to keep him outside the city? Dantie Silva, if Tarith Spellbane shows himself now, I will hear his words and assess the situation. Know this: if he lies to me- and I will know. By city law I will put him to the sword myself."

dantiesilva
2012-12-31, 11:37 PM
I was assigned to keep him out of the city yes. But he has shown me enough that the city could still be infiltrated by those who had done so before and as such I sent him hear to test his assumption. He was not meant to cause any problems. It was one of the reasons I was on my way to pick him up. It seems he was mistaken though because you have easily caught him in the act. And for the sake of protecting the law I broke it. To make sure this city could not be infiltrated like he was lead to believe. Though from the stories he has told me The one who called herself Siren was here when he was to be executed. As such I weighed the choice of the greater good and the law and decided that the defenses of the city needed to be tested. I am sorry I did not contact you sooner so that you would know that I was trying this, but would it have worked if you knew he was coming to try your defenses? He was to go to three key locations. Dantie says to her and to all in the ear shot. The Duke's, here, and lastly to my own temple. All to see and make sure that the city was prepared. I think he has remained in hiding because he fears the death sentence on his head if he were to return. So you can see where though he is trying to make sure the city stays safe as it was once his home, and the law stopping him from doing so cause an inner conflict. Would you stay away from your home if you had a reason to believe it would be under attack and not able to defend itself? I know I could not personally look away from such and as such I agreed with him to come. When Xander told me he was spotted here I came as soon as I could to stop this situation and explain what was happening. I hope in your wisdom you can see the pure intent of what he planed to do, and as such will grant him parley for this occurrence. Next time I will make sure to inform you though before hand if we have need to come into the city if you would like. It is just that with all that has happened and the absence of her being sighted since the execution we were led to believe she may still be in the city, and if so he was to flush her out. You can ask him all this yourself in the room of law if you would like. Dantie says to her calmly.

[roll0] diplomacy

AlanBruce
2013-01-01, 12:36 AM
@Dantie: Mother Kalypsia hears your statement and ealks tpwatds the entrance to the vault. She raises an eyebrow.

"Father Silva... You come from the Free City, aren't you? One of Saint Augustus' finest disciples. A true follower of, not only the creed of the Shining One, but also a committed Inquisitor, who swore to uphold the Law wherever he went? With clarity rivaled only by the Blessed Fields? It comes as great surprise you would plan this "test" in a manner so dissimilar to what you and I swore to."

dantiesilva
2013-01-01, 01:11 AM
As I said before Mother Kalypsia if I were to have informed you this city would have known of the test. Myself and Xander do not have the skills to do what Tarith can. Do I deny that I came from the free city and represent both factions of pelor and the inquisitors? No. I merely point out that in this case the law needs to be bent. Not broken, but accommodating to the facts that have been presented. If you think I am such an unfit Inquistior and that my actions were not lawful and for the benefit of the people of Justcrown I ask you to not only ask Lord Cinderbolt, but to ask the crudgle himself about my actions. Were they in the norm of our orders? No but do we not have spies that do this very thing infiltrating organizations to their very core to make sure that it is not corrupt? Is that not what the oath we took was? To protect those who need it and to uphold the law to the best of our abilities. Would you condemn the shadow spies or the shadowbane inquisitors for their actions to seek out truth? Or even the grey guards for that matter who to most seem to barbaric yet are still one of our own order? I do not deny that the situation is odd and that it bends the rules, but it was needed. And I will stick to that. Dantie says determination in his voice.

[roll0] Diplomacy

Archmage1
2013-01-01, 08:54 AM
Dantie is actually lying for me? If he is doing so now, why not earlier?

"In the interest of me not having my head chopped off, will you give your word that will not happen, Kalypsia?"

NathanB1486
2013-01-01, 01:28 PM
Xander keeps quite and listens to Dantie tell his story to Mother Kalypsia, while continuing to scan the room for Tarith's presence.

To himself.
I wonder when the two of them came up with this plan. It seems odd Dantie would send Tarith to break into the churches of his own accord.

To Dantie.
Dantie, I trust in your judgement, but might I ask when the two of you decided on testing Justcrown's defenses? The whole plan seems odd to me, is Tarith really working as your agent? And what brought about your decision to test Justcrown so? And using Tarith no less, I do hope this does not go poorly for Tarith.

dantiesilva
2013-01-01, 02:10 PM
Busy right now Xander will bash his head in later. I mean talk to you later. Dantie reply's mentally to Xander as he waits for her answer.

AlanBruce
2013-01-01, 03:43 PM
@Dantie: Inquisitor Kalypsia looks at you, then at Silas and back at you.

"I will not deny there are certain factions within both our churches that work in such a way. I will point out, however, that even such factions answer to us, the heads of church in every city duly appointed with our Creed. Your proposal is... sound. However, I have reviewed all cases of importance before setting in as Inquisitor of the city and this boy- Spellbane, was the most recent high- profile case this city has seen. The duke himself had Tarith Spellbane banished, Dantie. I am certain you are aware of what banishment means here. What it carries. If what you say is true. If you have sent Tarith Spellbane in to "test" our defenses, well aware of his status within the city, then I must question your judgement in this whole matter and would have to be convinced to categorize you as mastermind behind this. Are you aware of the implications of this, father?"

@Tarith: The High Inquisitor hears your voice from hiding.

"I can guarantee a swift procedure, yes. I would like to have a word with you and assess why you decided to break the terms of your Banishment in such a random, senseless manner. Once I gathered the information behind your reckless actions, I will proceed to do what must be done."

@Xander: Silas contacts you mentally.

Xander, what is Dantie doing? Kalypisa is no Connor, yes. She is, however, very dedicated to the Law- an embodiment of it. There is one more thing. The reason why she was so nervous about the ontents of the vault. The reason why there is a Kolyarut in there. I really hope Tarith has not done something stupid...

Amphetryon
2013-01-01, 03:50 PM
'You set yourself down this twisted mineshaft, Dimbur. Might as well see if it holds ore.'

Dimbur gathers his thoughts, takes a deep breath to center his focus, and visualizes the human Tarith as Myriam described him while clutching tightly to the stone in his pocket. He quickly feels the prickling of his skin he associates with travel magic, and. . . .

Archmage1
2013-01-01, 03:56 PM
"Inquisitor, as I am hearing that, it seems you do intend on killing me. Since I would prefer to avoid that, we appear to be at an impasse. I was mostly just curious. I was going to pay the duke back for trying to steal my stuff, but since you were there, it seemed to be the opportunity to pay Connor back. You teleporting back was not a good thing."

dantiesilva
2013-01-01, 03:57 PM
I am well aware of what Banishment means high Inquisitor. But I would like to point out that even in the free city the laws have let those banished to be welcomed once more into the city if the need arises. And as Pelor himself has said Tarith is still changing and in the end will take the side of good over evil. As such I have begun trying to train him as one of the shadow stalkers. So if you are accusing me of trying to make a criminal into a model citizen then yes I will take full blame for him coming into the city. But if he has stolen something, then that is different as he was not informed to do so. Only to test the defenses of the three locations I had stated earlier. Furthermore the fact that I am charged to watch him for the church and enforce his banishment makes me thus banished which is not just or lawful in any shape form or way as I was coming to get both you and Father Wihelm to attend a wedding latter on this week. I would not be able to do this if I had to always be watching Tarith and keeping him out of the city now would I? As such I find the banishment cruel because it banishes me from my own church because I am his guardian. As such I will also ask you as the law of this city to overrule the previous charge to stop me at the least from being banned from this city as I have clearly pointed out by the law as it stood I would be banned myself until Tariths death, which he did pay for last time he was inside the city on his way to the pelorite church. Dantie says to the high Inquisitor hoping to appeal to her kinder side.

[roll0] Diplomacy

NathanB1486
2013-01-01, 04:44 PM
To Silas.
I hate to say it Silas, but I have no clue what Dantie is talking about, I attempted to contact him and he he informed me he was busy and would bash Tarith's head in later. I wonder if the man is well, or under some sort of control.

As to the presence of the Kolyarut, I suspected it was guarding something of importance, summoning such a creature and enlisting its services for to watch mere material wealth would seem a waste for someone such as Kalypisa. Although I do wonder just what it is defending.

AlanBruce
2013-01-01, 05:00 PM
@Dimbur: As you watch Myriam vanish into the dark alleys of Halmathan, you look at the stone and see the name Tarith Spellbane etched upon it. Glowing as the letters seems to move on their own accord through the round surface. You place the stone to your forehead and transfer mentally the desire to go see this Tarith Spellbane, using as much information as you can from Myriam.

Immediately, the streets around you begin to shake as you watch them dissolve. You feel your body surge with tremendous power that propels you through the skies. Below you, in a blur, you can see the City of Power and its many walls fading away as you soar at incredible speeds through the Ocean of Storms. Within moments, you see a port city with a large tower. You barely have a chance to make out what the city is, given the speed. Shapes, blurs, colors, speed. So much speed. You feel the stone tearing your arm apart as it guides you through Oerth looking for its target. Vague the description as it were. You see a small town. Then, a huge green blur. Maybe a forest? You wince in pain as the stone redirects you eastward and then north, towards the mountains. You plummet towards a blanket of grey and are quickly repelled by a tremendous force, which causes the stone to almost break the bone in your arm as it jets back, or so you'd hope, towards that small town again. The images begin to clear up: buildings. short ones. People, Horses, cobbled streets. A palace yonder- a fortress? The stone is leading you to a fortress. You close your eyes as the stone breaks you through the roof of the building, yet there is no damage incurred, either to the construction or you. The stone keeps descending and slowing down as you see some cloaked figures and others wearing armor.

Is Tarith here?

@Tarith: The Inquisitor maintains her calm. And motions towards the vault.

"Guards! Stay where you are. Lord Cinderbolt, please make sure nothing has been taken. Especially there."

She turns her face in the direction of your voice.

"Tarith Spellbane. There is no impasse here. The law is clear. You were banished by the duke. You were given a chance to stay away and live. You have chosen to toss that chance away by breaking the conditions of your sentence. You state you wanted to make Connor pay. Inquisitor Connor isn't even here. Even if he were here, you have broken the Law. More than punishing you right now, I want you to understand and acquiesce what you have done. The tremendous stupidity in your actions, not to mention the grim consequences."

@Dantie: "Father Silva. First, congratulations on your wedding. We are honored to have been invited and will be there as representative of the Cuthbertine church. Regarding the unfairness of the sentence. Given what I read on the case, it was more than fair. Your church even forgave him. His death was unofficial. It was not done by neither your church, mine, or local law. It was perpetrated by someone who, since then, has not even showed up. Whatever charges were placed upon you by your charge is a matter to be discussed with them, not me. I am aware of the Banishment, which is local Law. This is, after all the Prime Material, father. We follow the gods and they, in turn, send us to impart their wisdom. This city is a community under duchy rule, with Pelorite and Cuthbertine enforcements. My concerns with the Pelorites and what their charges are between you and Tarith Spellbane are not my concern. My concern is his breach of sentence. And, furthermore, his breach into this fortress. Must I also state that..."

@The Party: As Inquisitor Kalypsia is talking to Dantie, a flash of light fills the stairs as everyone in the are- Tarith, Dantie, Silas, Xander, and Kalypisia see a dwarf flash into existence. A random occurence, indeed. Considering what has been transpiring. The dwarf is heavily scarred on the face and wears armor. He would see to be a warrior- Maybe Tradik's friend?

@Dimbur: The stone drops you into the stone stairs of what appears to be a catacomb of sorts. To your right, you see a hooded man. Difficult to make out his features, but the stone has revealed him to you as the name on it fades away. To your right, you see a woman in heavy armor. She wears the symbol of the cudgel and has purple skin and white hair. A metallic hue to her features would betray an other worldly nature.

Higher up the stairs you see two men in scholarly outfits. One has his hand shimmering with arcane power, as if ready to launch a spell anytime soon. The other has white sideburns on his groomed hair and looks at you as he raises an eyebrow in your direction. The third character is a priest, like the one next to you, he is human- in fact, other than the purple skinned cleric, they all are. The man is rather tall for his race. He wears a heavy set of armor and shield. Imposing subject with the symbol of Pelor the sun god emblazoned on his chest.

"What in the hells?" Kalypsia turns to look at the dwarf.

Archmage1
2013-01-01, 05:11 PM
As Kalypsia gives him the lecture, Tarith grows more nervous by the minute.
"The impasse was me being unwilling to surrender to death. Seeing as you leave me no other options, Adieu..."
Suddenly the dwarf appears.
Tarith almost jumps in amazement. After all, it is not everyday that dwarfs appear out of nowhere.
"Woa. Do you mind if I ask who you are?"

Perhaps things are looking up after all

Amphetryon
2013-01-01, 05:51 PM
Dimbur looks over the human Myriam's stone brought him to skeptically, trying to put context to the conversations he's heard.

'If you are the one called Tarith, then you can ask your questions. First, I must ask what proceedings I interrupt, and why you seem to be such a sought-out, unpopular fellow, if the guards are any indicator.'

Archmage1
2013-01-01, 05:59 PM
"The name is Tarith, and my curiosity got the better of me. These fellows down there would be the inquisition, who currently want to capture me for execution, as I violated an exile to be here. In the interest of you not getting into trouble for being here, you might want to try and apprehend me, as I suspect that the inquisitor, Kalypsia, the purple one, would forgive your presence here for that. In the interest of general introductions, the tall one with the symbol of pelor is Dantie, a cleric of Pelor, the fellow with the effect readied is Xander, a wizard, as is the one near him, who is called Silas. Now, I am afraid that further introductions will need to wait until after I have escaped. Inquisitor, thank you for your kind offer, but I would prefer to keep my head attached to my body. Thank you for trying Dantie. Kalypsia, I apologize for Dantie's lies, as they are my fault."
[roll0] bluff
(Tarith used magic to convince Dantie to help him)

using bluff to convey a secret message
[roll1] bluff
"Meet me in the fey woods, near the lake. Xander or Dantie should be able to guide you there."

With introductions completed, Tarith activates his ring, casts a spell(expeditious retreat), and resumes leaving
[roll2] hide
[roll3] move silently
(55 feet moved)

AlanBruce
2013-01-01, 06:00 PM
@Dimbur: The purple skinned woman speaks out.

"Do you know where you are? This is a Cuthbertine Temple! And we were in the middle of apprehending Tarith Spellbane. You claim to know him? Do you also know that using magic to enter a temple or any living legal space within a city is without explicit permission form its occupants is illegal, master dwarf?"

AlanBruce
2013-01-01, 06:22 PM
@Tarith: You explain to Inquisitor Kalypisa that you were, in fact, behind everything. Dantie was but a mere puppet in your hands. A cleric whose strings you have pulled for ages since meeting him as a child.

@The Party: You all hear a grinding monotone voice coming from the vault.

"It is gone, High Inquisitor!"

Before Kalypsia has a chance to react to his words regarding Dantie's involvement. The zenythri's eyes widen with worry. Some might say even fear. She squints her eyes and assesses her surroundings.

@Dimbur: "Normally, this would have a different procedure. However, this child makes everything so...random. If you want to contribute to the cause, seeing as you have just appeared in my temple, do lend a hand in capturing this criminal!"

@The Party: Kalypsia turns to Silas.

"That idiot has it. We must find him!"

The High Inquisitor turns to the vault.

"Lord Cinderbolt! Please remain here in case the culprit decides to return for the twin blades."

Amphetryon
2013-01-01, 07:02 PM
'Trouble haunts this journey like a banshee. Ah, well. . . steel is tempered by heat and pounding.'

Dimbur turns to look the purple-skinned woman squarely in the eye.

'As the seeking spell I used gave no indication of where Tarith - forgive my lip's garble of your name, young sir - might be, I had no knowledge that this was a temple of ANY god until you specifically named it so, my lady. And, as I had no knowledge of where Tarith might be when the spell completed, I clearly had no way to know that its completion would result in the breaking of your laws. I will gladly help in finding Tarith again, as tracking him down was arduous at the least.'

AlanBruce
2013-01-01, 07:05 PM
Bluff at Tarith, Twin Blades in vault: [roll0]

@Dimbur: The zenythri priest goes grim.

"Master dwarf...at this point, all help is appreciated. We will dispense with pleasantries until after Tarith is brought to Justice. He very well may endanger the entire city now."

Archmage1
2013-01-01, 07:16 PM
Twin blades in the vault? Non-magical, as I would have seen them otherwise. Probably of religious significance. Since I would rather not have a cuthbertine hit squad coming after me, they can keep them. Time to make an escape, and say hello to the duke's treasury one last time

AlanBruce
2013-01-01, 07:22 PM
@Tarith: You run as fast as you can, despite hearing of more potential loot in the vault. The duke's treasury being the main dish here.

The guards and priests, having been alerted earlier and with wards and protections of their own, attempt to smoke you out, if you're still in there.

Listen [roll1]

Hey kid! Let me out! I can help you!

A voice speaks in your head.

Archmage1
2013-01-01, 07:27 PM
More voices in my head. Wonderful. Luckily for me, at present, I don't actually need help. Now, would you not be talking in my head? This is trickier than it looks.

if it is something in the box, the box is currently on a different plane of existence. Awaiting Kalypsia to move again, before Tarith makes another move. Since we are in combat, everyone gets a turn.

AlanBruce
2013-01-01, 07:36 PM
@The Party: Kalypsia walks upstairs and towards Silas. She addresses the guards as she walks up.

"Tarith Spellbane is in the city! I want him apprehended. Alive, if possible! If he does not submit... take him down."

She walks up to Silas.

"This is bad. Do you still have a way to reach the duke and warn him?"

@Dimbur: The wizard the priest has addressed looks at you.

"I currently am out of spells that enable movement such as the one you require, Kalypsia. Perhaps your dwarven guest? He did use a way to travel here like that?"

Amphetryon
2013-01-01, 07:44 PM
"The spell I used to arrive here came to me via an item which expended itself in propelling my journey. I have scant few methods of magical travel at my disposal, at this moment, as that has never been the focal point of any of my studies."

AlanBruce
2013-01-01, 08:13 PM
@Dimbur: The wizard stretches out his hand to you.

"I am Silas, pleased to meet you. She is High Inquisitor Kalypsia. My colleague Xander and Father Dantie. You seem to have arrived at a most awkward time. Though not your fault."

Kalypsia gives you a brief military salute.

"We need to find Tarith, Silas. And we need to find him quickly. Now, is there anyone who can get us fast to the duke's palazzo. Or should we get moving?"

The Inquisitor moves up the stairs as quickly as she can.

Archmage1
2013-01-01, 08:18 PM
So long, and thanks for the chest. Wish I knew what was in it, but time for that later. Now, for some presents...

Tarith continues moving carefully, heading for the exit, intending on phasing through the wall near the door when he gets there

[roll1] hide
[roll0] move silently

110 feet moved

AlanBruce
2013-01-01, 08:30 PM
@Tarith: You move through the courtyard and the guards and priests are in high alert. They will catch you, whatever it takes.

Now, after foiling the guards. All you need is to phase through that portcullis and on to freedom. Or somewhere similar.

You focus your arcane sight on the portcullis and the walls of the fortress. These have no magic on them. You can hear outside Temple District that a soldier is already proclaiming dire news.

Spread the word! Tarith Spellbane has been spotted in the City! Everyone, on high alert!

You spot several doves flying off in different directions.

NathanB1486
2013-01-01, 09:35 PM
How far away is the duke's palazzo? If it is within 920 feet I can teleport myself and four others there, it is my only spell of the type I have left however. if it is out of range, then I can give us a head start at least.

Xander will use Dimension Door to teleport whoever wants to go with him the maximum distance, of his spell, or to the palazzo if it is close enough.

AlanBruce
2013-01-01, 10:15 PM
@Tarith: You manage to phase through the portcullis unnoticed. The district is already in high alert as the guards begin to assemble into the streets and form a tight watch.

@Xander: Silas ponders for a moment.

"The Palazzo is not too far away. We should be able to get there with a simpler teleportation spell, if you have one available."

Kalypsia puts her hand on your shoulder.

"You are doing Justcrown a great service, Xander. This miscreant will no doubt unleash untold chaos and evil upon the city. We must warn the duke."

@Dimbur: Kalypsia looks towards you.

"Shall we, master dwarf?"

Archmage1
2013-01-01, 10:23 PM
Having successfully evaded the cuthbertines, Tarith heads for the jewelers, stopping out of sight to disguise himself as a noble daughter, before heading inside

13 on know
[roll0] disguise

AlanBruce
2013-01-01, 10:47 PM
@Tarith: You walk up to an alley and fix the hat on and try to recall the name of another noble in the city.

Lady Conztanza Castaferni

The Castaferni family is not an original founder in Justcrown, like the Pottsdorffs. They come from farther north in the world, and are known to hold much influence in the Grey City and the City of Power. Although you have seen Lady Constanza once, it would be Oliver who detailed you some facts about this noble.

The woman is a spender of the worst kind. I tracked her once before making a heist at her home. She spent...I'd say three thousand in an hour...on clothes.

Your features change under the veil of the hat. Your neck stretches out and becomes swan like as you watch delicate white gloves cover a satin purple dress. Even a small toy poodle materializes on your arms. The animal does not even bark or move. It just seems to be asleep.

The chiming of bells indicate the jeweler a customer has arrived. The old gnome fixes on a pair of thick glasses and blinks twice.

"Lady Castaferni?"

Archmage1
2013-01-01, 10:57 PM
So close on the spot. Luckily, nat 20 only.
any news on the kitten?

Walking in, the Lady Constanza surveys the room, looking at the contents of the room, and then settling on looking haughtily down at the gnome.

"My dear friend is getting married soon, and I want to give her, and her happy husband to be, a special gift. They are both devoted pelorites, and I thought that a lovely gift for them would be a pair of amulets, with Pelor's symbol on them, of course, that let them communicate to each other if they are separated. They would, of course, be usable as holy symbols as well. I would also like some earrings, nice ones, with some sort of water motif, and a comb, with a similar motif, preferably silver. Do you have them?"

AlanBruce
2013-01-01, 11:19 PM
@Tarith: The gnome smiles as he takes off his glasses and polishes them with a handkerchief.

"A married couple, eh? Hehehee.. yes. Oddly enough, not too long ago, a pelorite came here looking for a ring- a wedding ring. Sad to say, the priest apparently did not have the money."

The gnome browses through his wares.

"Pelorite symbol with magical properties? Hmmm... The symbols I can provide. Magic of that nature I cannot, my lady. I would recommend the local wizard's school. I am certain they can provide that as an added enhancement."

The gnome looks around the display table.

"Ahh yes.."

He produces a pair of earrings crafted from pure silver in the shape of carp. One has a pair of extra whiskers, denoting the male.

"Said to be worn by the finest elves in the courts of Celadon Forest! A true symbol of status... It would pain me so to watch them go."

He then looks around and produces a silver comb fashioned into the body of a goldfish. Similar to Anzaril's but a lot more recent in its make.

"Said to have been forged in the Fey Woods themselves, madam. This comb was used by the ancient and mysterious fey to weave forth their spells from their very hair. The magic is now gone, sadly, but the comb remains!"

The gnome takes down some notes considering what you're asking.

"Very well... the pair of earrings, the comb, and the two amulets for... an even grand?"

Archmage1
2013-01-01, 11:23 PM
As the Gnome produces each one, the Lady Castaferni ooh's and aah's over them appropriately, clearly intending on buying them.

"Money."
As she speaks, it is clear that she considers the cost beneath her notice

"Will you accept a promissory note? That much gold would be rather heavy, and I would like this to be a surprise, so no telling."

once more, as she is speaking, she is attempting to convey a sense of disdain that anyone wouldn't accept a promissory note.
[roll0] secret message, subliminal

AlanBruce
2013-01-01, 11:32 PM
@Tarith: The gnome listens to your story and grimaces.

"A promissory note...hmmm. My dear Lady Constanza, I would love to accept it. However, not too long ago another fine noble came to my store and purchased some goods under the same payment stipulation. When I sent to collect payment, it was a terrible mess. The noble in question claimed she never signed such letter. The Diamond Affair reached the duke's ears and he had to intervene personally, even calling Mother Mathilda to oversee the situation. Needless to say, the High Inquisitor- may the gods have her in her grace- was not too pleased with having to rule for such an arbitration."

The gnome checks his book, reading on what could be perceived as your buyer's track record.

"However, I see you are not one to be disbelieved. I will, however, ask for a minimal payment in advance- ten percent of the sum and then I will collect at your earliest convenience."

Archmage1
2013-01-01, 11:40 PM
"How pathetic. Even if the note was not done in good faith, honor should have required that the noble in question pay the price, and seek redress from whomever signed the note. Will you tell me which noble was involved? My Father should be informed, so that he might take steps."

Lady Castaferni starts rummaging through her purse, producing an amazing amount of gold(100), as well as a sheet of paper, and an ink pen.

Forgot to include the gold acquired from the bandits in the gold Tarith had. Assuming the purse in the haversack

She then signs the note, reading
"Pay to the order of __________, 900 gold coins, signed Lady Conztanza Castaferni, of House Castaferni"
[roll0] forgery check
(+8 for having seen a similar document, +2 for well known type of document
Not going for a specific signature, beyond being ladylike

AlanBruce
2013-01-02, 12:35 AM
@Tarith: You disparage the absolute lack of honor and true nobility of not addressing an issue such as this. Particularly the ruffian who would dare play a card as vile as this. The gnome starts placing the symbols, the earrings, and the comb into three black leather boxes filled with velvet. Each piece is placed with care, so as to make sure they are perfectly lined up when the intended party receives them.

"Well, I must not say names...but it was rumored that Lady Rafaella of the Miro Household was responsible. Of course, you never heard this from me."

After signing the letter, the gnome takes his glasses and inspects it.

"Very well, madam. I will have someone visit you shortly. As always, it has been a pleasure doing business with you."

The door chimes as you open it and leave. You now have the wedding gifts and something to appease that Witch of the Fens. What about Arrallae? Sure, she isn't alive per se, but she is or was a woman once, if the vision in Jottun's Foot is to be believed. What would a being resembling the Positive Energy Plane like? Her power beyond measure. Rivaling that of any cleric you have met thus far- possibly even gods themselves.

Then, it hits you. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX1YzS_CYIw)

Not too far away from the jeweler's you spot three kids behind a wooden fence- a backyard of sorts. These are about your age and are wearing warrior clothes, albeit of very common material. A barrel filled with water stands in the middle as something is floating in the water- something in a bag. One of the kids holds a lid in his hands.

"Alright! Place bets..."

"A minute!" One takes out a silver piece.

"Right... 20 seconds." another one takes out a gold piece.

The one holding the lid, walks up to the barrel.

"Very well, gentlemen. Let the games begin!"

The lid goes down hard on the barrel, covering everything inside as water splashes from the edges of the rim.

AlanBruce
2013-01-02, 01:14 AM
@The Party: You all appear at the footsteps of the palazzo, past the main gate. A young page greets you at the door.

"High Inquisitor and Master Silas! You were gone so abruptly. Please follow me. Who shall I say your guests are?"

Silas smiles and gestures to the group.

"Do you not recognize them? That is Father Silva of the pelorite order. My old colleague and magus extraordinaire, Xander Corillian..."

@Dimbur: Silas pauses as he keeps the smile on.

"He is a dwarf, of course! A... mighty... warrior dwarf? Yes, a mighty warrior dwarf who..."

"Is aiding us in a very serious matter apprehending a thief, thank you Master Silas." Inquisitor Kalypsio finishes his introductions.

You are lead inside.

The palazzo is much as you left it-albeit with a lot more guards. The duke, with his enormous figure, descends the steps at a slow pace, resting on his cane and dragging his cloak behind as he wears his family's breastplate.

"High Inquisitor, Silas! Oh.. and Father Dantie and Xander and... who is he?"

Kalypsia sighs.

"Your grace. He is here to help us apprehend Tarith Spellbane. He has..."

You watch the duke's face go red in anger. He directs his eyes on Dantie.

"Tarith Spellbane! I banished that thief but a few days ago! Do you not know what happens to a banished person in Justcrown?"

Kalypsia asserts by nodding.

"Yes, we are aware. And I assure we will deal with the situation as fast as we can and in the most lawful and expeditious manner. There is, however a more dangerous matter at hand. Tarith has entered the Fortress and taken my chest from the vault..."

The duke pales at that mention.

"He did what? High Inquisitor, I allowed that chest into your temple and nowhere else because you assured me it would be safe!"

Kalypsia sighs.

"It was supposed to be safe, yes. I placed a powerful abjuration around the entire area and summoned a being from Mechanus itself to guard it. However, this Spellbane is very skilled. I did not count on him returning after you pardoned his life and exiled him. It concerns me deeply what will happen if that chest is out of the warded area and not under Cinderbolt's supervision. I would like to mount a city-wide sweep for Tarith. For that, I need your consent. I have trusted in you and you in me. You ought to know that chest now takes precedence over everything else, even Tarith. The fact one is with the other makes our job easier."

The duke raps his fingers on the head of his cane.

"Very well. I will send a notice ordering a city-wide sweep immediately. Do you think that thief has opened the chest?"

Kalypsia turns to look at the door, opened and leading into the city.

"We would know if that were the case."

AlanBruce
2013-01-02, 02:32 AM
@Dantie: The duke looks at you.

"I believe you were tasked with keeping that scum out of my city? If Tarith isn't found, so help me, father Silva. I will have to take more extreme measures and banish you and your company as well!"

Hmmm... what has he gone himself into this time?

dantiesilva
2013-01-02, 03:59 AM
As the duke threatens Dantie Dantie stands up to his full height as a hound Acrhon and looks down at the small pot bellied man. I may have been tasked with keeping him out, but remember this if not for this band of people you would be dead and it would be those who you trusted most who would be ruling in your place. Think wisely before you threaten me or anyone who travels with me again, because if not for us you would be a distant memory and we would not even be having this conversation. Dantie says to the duke, anger filling his voice. Not only because of what the duke had said but because Tarith had tricked him once more and casted a spell on him to make him help him. And strange by your very own charges you have in a way already banished me as I have to stay with Tarith. And Tarith, you know the one that saved your life and all your belongings in the first place, happens to be banished from your city. So am I to tell my wife to be that I can not go somewhere because I am doing babysitting work? I have more important matters then to keep my eyes on that boy 24/7. And them more important things are much larger and more devastating then this city. Ever hear of The ghoul king of Jotun's foot. We were their and faced him. So before you throw threats around think about this, do you really want to exit the only people who may be able to save your hide. Because I can guarantee this much their will eventually be a next time when you need us and the answer will be no.

AlanBruce
2013-01-02, 04:17 AM
@Dantie: Your shadow covers the duke as you take a few steps towards him. Pottsdorff takes a few back.

"...I may have been hasty with my decision, Father. I apologize. But please, see this on my side! I have this felon making me and the entire city- your church included, like fools! I show mercy on this thief and possible murderer and what do I get? A sign on my back that says "Pottsdorff's wipes felon's asses". I listened to reason during Connor's tenure as Inquisitor and, as such, I granted him extreme mercy given the circumstances. He has no respect for authority and I will not abide by that. Inquisitor Kalypsia, you have permission to conduct a city-wide sweep. And Father Silva. Forgive my outburst, but this thief may have saved my life in the past, along with you and Xander, but now he has chosen to become an enemy of the city...again!"

Pottsdorff starts going up the stairs.

"There won't be any leniency for him. I hope you understand that."

Archmage1
2013-01-02, 07:01 AM
Tarith(Still in disguise) walks up

"What are you doing?"

[roll0] spot to id the contents of the bag

Amphetryon
2013-01-02, 07:26 AM
"A Dwarf with a name, even. Dimbur Stonestaff, High Inquisitor. I am given to understand that Tarith Spellbane may have information pertaining to an old family matter of mine - though I could not speculate on the nature of such information - so I am eager to aid you in apprehending him."

Dimbur finishes his introduction with a somewhat stiff bow.

dantiesilva
2013-01-02, 08:57 AM
I am seeing this on your side and it is the only reason I am here instead of attending to other matters that were important to me as Mother Kalypsia knows. I was extremely busy and instead of just leaving it for the city to clean up I came. And I understand your orders, but know that I refuse to enforce a death penalty so you can continue your search without me. Dantie says turning from the duke to mother Kalypsia. I was looking foward to working alongside you, but it seems today will not be the day. Please remember what I told you earlier and keep it to yourself. When I find him I will make sure to bring the chest back here. And you should be getting more people joining the town in a few more days, they are the survivors of Hammerbruke. And with that Dantie walks out of the dukes palace and goes to Pelors temple.

Once inside he walks directly to a confession room and calls out to pelor. Pelor is what I just did for the good of this world and thus in your eyes?

Casting Augury

NathanB1486
2013-01-02, 12:15 PM
Xander gives the duke a formal bow.

This chest Tarith has taken, it seems to hold quite a high level of importance, might I be so bold as to ask what it may be holding that is of such importance? A city wide search may cause quite a lot of chaos, and worry the citizens unnecessarily, might I suggest a more subtle approach? If I can be provided access to a mirror of finely wrought and highly polished silver, with the approximate dimensions being four feet high, and two feet wide, and a quite location in witch I can cast my spell I can attempt to scry on Tarith's exact position. The spell will require a hour to complete the casting of, but afterward we should know Tarith's exact location.

To himself.
If the duke accepts my assistance and use of the spell, that will grant me a hour in witch I must think of a way to prevent them from condemning Tarith to death. He is a young and misguided fool, who again has made himself an enemy of the people, yet I still can not help but think his death would be a senseless loss...

If they accept Xander's plan, and provide him with what he needs, first he needs 15 min to set the spell up, then it will take a hour to cast The will save DC for Tarith to beat the scrying is 22. Tarith will have modifiers to his save according to the table. http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Scrying

AlanBruce
2013-01-02, 02:49 PM
@Dimbur: The High Inquisitor nods.

"A pleasure , Master Stonestaff. Glad we can count on your help in this dire situation. Although, with all due respect, I doubt Tarith can be of any assistance to you now. For one, he is a wanted criminal, as you have heard. And, once caught, depending on the circumstances, his stupidity will have dealt with him- or I will."

At the palazzo, Silas bows to you.

"I am sorry if I referred to you as a warrior. You did mention you know arts of some sort? Apart from blade mastering, that is."

@Xander: As the duke goes up the stairs he turns to to his page.

"Give master Corillian what he wants."

The page runs to an adjacent room and comes back with a fine polished mirror. Its dimensions close enough to what you need, with the family seal carved on the frame in silver at the top. Kalypsia hands you two scrolls.

"If you are going to divine him, know that he was in disguise when I spotted him. He may have it on again, so use this to help your search. If you have any other spells that you can use to improve your chances of finding him, please do so."

Scroll of Owl's Wisdom and True Seeing

After your request to know why the chest is so important, Kalypsia walks towards the door and looks out to the city.

"S' btoam."

She sighs deeply and lowers her head, as in shame.

"As you may have guessed by my appearance, I am of a dual heritage. Many generations ago. One of my line in this world courted with an exemplar from the Planes of Order. That ancestor would bring to justice S' btoam. He is a demon from Limbo. One of those accursed races of chaos known as the slaadi. My ancestor, for all his power, was not able to defeat S' btoam. All he could do was contain the creature. Imprisoned in a jewel and sealed off in a chest. A chest that would be warded for centuries. The demon, however, is still very much alive within the jewel. It relishes freedom above all else. And if it were freed, its results would be disastrous. There is a reason why it was locked in a Forbbidance Spell and under the care of an exemplar of Law, like Lord Cinderbolt- his powers of deception were muted. Now, that fool Tarith has the chest. S' btoam exercises tremendous influence over those with a...disordered mindset. If Tarith falls to his call, S' btoam will use his body to bring great harm and chaos upon the city. If that is to happen. If Tarith is taken over, there is no known way short of divine intervention to remove both. The host would have to be killed, and then S' btoam would have to be reintroduced into the gem and into the chest. I had spoken to the duke and Silas about this and was hoping Silas would help me find a more permanent solution."

@Dantie: Kalypsia nods to your request.

"I am sorry this has escalated so, Father Silva. Know that those from Hammerbruk will be received cordially upon arrival. Please do reconsider lending your hand in this matter."

You walk disappointed towards the Pelorite Chapel. So many burdens weigh upon you- the death of Lord Cassiel, Angelis' departure, the Rotten Child. And if that weren't enough, Tarith putting your name on the line by making you look like a fool and, worse, a traitor.

"Father Silva, welcome back!" One of the neophytes greets you at the door.

"Father Wilhelm isn't here now, but if you wish to wait..."

You briefly smile at the neophyte and walk into a confessional and, with yoru beliefs nearly shattered, you ask Pelor himself what you ought to do. An answer, just a simple answer to strengthen your resolve or break it entirely.

Woe

@Tarith: Disguised as Lady Constanza, you walk around the fence and squint your eyes to look at the contents of the bag. This one moves sloppily left and right, the meowing comes from inside, despite the fact you cannot see through the bag as it is a dirty water skin with the top lopped off to ensure the animal fits in.

It's a kitten.

One of the warriors puts the lid on and keeps his hands on the top as he smiles back. the other two hide their money and stand at attention.

"Rats, my lady. Taking down some rats. They were found in a cellar. Big infestation of them, too."

Bluff: Rats in a cellar as opposed to what you saw [roll0]

Archmage1
2013-01-02, 05:34 PM
"That is not a rat! I demand that you let it out at once, or face the consequences. After all, my family is involved with the guard. You wouldn't want to discover that the guards all want you dead, now would you? And gambling on how long it survives. To think that anyone would do such a thing to a poor, defenseless kitten."

[roll0] intimidate(possibly receive a penalty for being a noblewoman at the time)

AlanBruce
2013-01-02, 05:40 PM
@Tarith: The kid with the lid on keeps his hands pressed tight on the barrel as you hear gurgling coming from within. One of them takes a step back.

"My lady! No offense! We were just having fun. No need to call the guards!"

One of them turns tail.

"I...uhhh.. Well...bye?"

The other one turns.

"Come back, you chickens! You're scared of a girl...with a poodle???"

He looks at you and grins.

"Care to place a bet, miss?"

Archmage1
2013-01-02, 05:42 PM
"I bet all the money you have that you are going to leave, and let the kitten out. Now. Or would you rather deal with the guards following me? Did you really think I would be here unescorted?"

[roll0] bluff: Guards coming
(+50 to his sense motive)

AlanBruce
2013-01-02, 05:50 PM
@Tarith: The lone warrior starts loosening his grip on the lid.

"I...uhhh...guards?"

The kid releases the lid and walks away at a quick pace.

"It's just a mangy cat, you know? The rich... spending money everywhere except where they ought to..."

You walk towards the barrel and remove the lid. water spills from the top as a waterskin bobs up to the surface. A gurgling meow can be heard from within.

Archmage1
2013-01-02, 05:52 PM
"You would kill a poor defenseless kitten... for Fun! Shame on you. Go home, tell your mother what you did. She will give you what for."
[roll0]
(+50 on his sense motive)
(suggesting that he confess to his mother)
Tarith rescues the kitten, ensuring that it is safe, before trying to dry it off with his cloak of resistance.

AlanBruce
2013-01-02, 06:43 PM
@Tarith: You open the bag and, much to your surprise, the kitten is alive- if barely.

A beautiful example of his race. (http://www.google.com/imgres?q=kitten&um=1&hl=es&client=safari&tbo=d&rls=en&biw=1615&bih=918&tbm=isch&tbnid=uuQO12MvW8yN0M:&imgrefurl=http://simplycatbreeds.org/Your-New-Kitten-Tips-For-Their-New-Home.html&docid=j_5bjyeSZQ-X7M&imgurl=http://simplycatbreeds.org/images/Kitten.jpg&w=640&h=480&ei=ZcTkUOrNAome8QTK2oCABA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=289&vpy=162&dur=1471&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=122&ty=126&sig=104693135184771776901&page=1&tbnh=137&tbnw=187&start=0&ndsp=40&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:157) This kitten has golden fur- a suitable present for someone who exudes golden light wherever she walks. The kitten must be at least a few weeks old. It shivers as you clean it with your cloak and cough some water before purring and trying to claw at the cloak.

A survivor, this little animal. In many ways, like you.

Move Silently: [roll2]

Hide: [roll3]

Sleight of Hand: [roll4]

Archmage1
2013-01-02, 06:50 PM
Idiots. If you need to eat, then killing and cooking a cat might make sense. But torturing a kitten... Some lines should not be crossed.

Not noticing anything, Tarith, still in disguise, turns around, and heads towards Silas's school, hoping to get the amulets enchanted there. Along the way, he looks for a meat vendor, so that he could get the poor, traumatized kitten something to eat.

Not sure if Tarith has any unattended items to steal
the modifiers alone are high enough that Tarith could not beat them with a nat 20

Amphetryon
2013-01-02, 08:33 PM
"Warrior is a not entirely inaccurate moniker for what I do, as I've been trained in methods of melding martial combat with arcane magics, Inquisitor. I just hope to have my unfinished business resolved with Tarith via a few meager inquiries before he meets his justice."

AlanBruce
2013-01-02, 08:39 PM
@Tarith: You carry the kitten in your arms, next to the toy poodle. The kitten hisses at the illusory dog and, when this one fails to bark back, the kitten decides it has won an ever-lasting battle against canines and purrs in triumph as it walks around your arm before setting down.

As you walk a few feet away from the backyard of doom, you realize it's time to feed the kitten. You recall as a young boy, Lasker would have one as a familiar. Usually, milk was all that cat took. Now and then, a few pieces of fish or a dried strip of bacon. This usually made the familar stink in more ways than could be imagined.

Ranged attack from 50ft. away. [roll0] damage [roll1] non-lethal

A direct hit to the back of your head makes you turn around. You notice a minute pebble on the ground. The pain isn't deadly, but it sure packed a sting. You turn around and the kitten hisses.

Bandobras stands a few feet away from you. Your haversack lies at his feet and the Cuthbertine chest is in his hand.

"My apologies, madam. You seem to have dropped this."

@Dimbur: Kalypsia paces around the main lobby of the palazzo.

"A warrior trained in the arcane? That would be most handy. You seem quite interested in questioning tarith- welcome to the club in that regard. If you don't mind me prying, what could you want from a man such as him? If the chest is opened, there won't be any questioning to do, Master Stonestaff."

Amphetryon
2013-01-02, 08:46 PM
'I have it, through channels I believe I should trust, that Tarith may hold certain information regarding an. . . important. . . episode of my formative years."

As he emphasizes the word 'important', Dimbur's fingers move absentmindedly up to where his scar exposes his teeth.

Archmage1
2013-01-02, 08:46 PM
"Oh my! Thank you, kind sir, I had not noticed."
Tarith moves to pick up the haversack and the chest

AlanBruce
2013-01-02, 08:57 PM
@Dimbur: Kalypsia does her best to conceal her disgust and manages to force a smirk as she moves away.

"Well, Master Stonestaff, if you believe Tarith may hold that information, I will allow you to question him before I proceed with questioning of my own. Where were you before arriving in such an unexpected and flashy manner, if I may ask?"

@Tarith: You start walking towards the sack and Bandobras and this one pockets the chest in a bag strapped to his belt.

"Drop it, TS. I can see through the dress. Do you even know what you were carrying? You probably do not. Better that way. My advice- do whatever you have to do here- and I mean in this immediate vicinity, then leave. I can assure you Dantie and Xander, amongst many others won't be so happy with you running around the city. Normally, I'm all for a good heist, but the chest cannot be taken. Not if it will endanger these people."

Archmage1
2013-01-02, 09:00 PM
Tarith shruggs
"Worth a shot. anyway, what makes the chest so special? It just contains some treasures from the temple, right?"

Tarith gathers up his haversack

NathanB1486
2013-01-02, 09:05 PM
Xander bows to Kalypsia as he receives the scrolls.
Might you have a sending scroll available as well? My spell requires an hour, I would like to warn Tarith the chest can not be opened, before he foolishly chooses to do so, as that would bode ill for all of us.

After waiting for her response, Xander looks to the page that brought the mirror.
Thank you, could you please show to me a quite room in witch I can cast my spell please?

AlanBruce
2013-01-02, 09:25 PM
@Tarith: Bandobras watches you pick up the haversack and walks away.

"Something bad. They said it was going to destroy the city, not before destroying you. And I wouldn't have wanted to fight you. I'm going to do you a solid, Spellbane. And I hope you understand what this means, since it breaks all my codes..."

Bandobras smiles.

"I'm turning you in. Go to the Forest or wherever they can reach you. After that, leave the city. I have more important business to attend than dealing with you running around leaving a trail in town. Consider this payment for protecting the Ravens from Connor that time."

Bandobras creates a swirl of wind at his feet and begins to ascend.

"Nice kitty, by the way. Never did fashion you for a cat person."

And with that, Bandobras, the Elusive Zephyr flies off.

Disguise [roll0]

@Xander: "This way, please. The study should provide ample quiet for you to focus." The page leads you to a room where you practiced your role in the play many nights ago.

Silas looks into his pockets.

"I do have one right here, Xander. Who are you contacting?"

@The Party: One of the windows crashes and from above, tumbling perfectly, lands Tarith Spellbane.

"Ta Daaaaa!"

Kalypsia readies her weapon as she approaches him.

"You would have the gall to come here, knowing well what awaits you?!"

Tarith opens his bag and produces the chest.

"This is yours? Catch."

The chest flies up in the air.

Kalypsia watches in horror.

"By the Cudgel! You're insane!"

"Yeah... I get that sometimes."

Archmage1
2013-01-02, 09:32 PM
"You are turning me in? really? Why? The kitten is a gift for someone else. Hopefully, she will appreciate it."

After Brandobras leaves

Why is it that every time he shows up things get more complicated...
Still, I would like to get Dantie's gift finished. Hopefully, he will appreciate it.

Tarith continues heading for the source of food for the kitten, intending on feeding it, and then going to the school, to get the amulets enchanted

AlanBruce
2013-01-02, 09:39 PM
@Tarith: You walk around the streets as the soldiers begin marching through it. The memories, when Connor had the entire city under siege because of you.

A town crier can be heard a few block away.

"Tarith spellbane has turned himself in! The culprit has seen the error of his ways! An execution is close at hand. Citizens rejoice!"

You spot a vendor with dried meats hanging from a rack behind him. The man is periodically salting the meats to preserve them dry.

"Get your cuts here! Get your fresh dried cuts here at Roballo's!"

The kitten takes a whiff of the salted meat and opens his eyes wide in the direction of the vendor.

The man is a heavy set vendor with a tarnished bone white apron with brown blood dried upon it. The man looks at you.

"Madam! Care for some dried meats? A silver a pound! Roballos has the best meats, yes?"

Archmage1
2013-01-02, 09:59 PM
"A gold for 10 pounds, and be quick about it then"

As Tarith receives the meat, he places 9 pounds into the handy haversack, into a bag of holding, and starts pulling tidbits off of the remaining pound to feed to the kitten. He also looks for a bowl that he can put water in for the kitten to drink, as the salted meat will probably make it rather thirsty.
Once satisfied that the kitten is going to survive for now, Tarith heads for the school. Once he nears, he finds a convenient alley, and uses his disguises to become a wandering cleric of pelor, dressed in brown robes, without much of value showing. He then approaches the school, intent on getting the amulets enchanted quickly, and cheaply

[roll0](disguise, assuming the alter self helps here)

AlanBruce
2013-01-02, 10:10 PM
@Tarith: The kitten laps at the water and folows you around, satisfied with his meal. He sits in the alley and turns his head sideways as you rearrange the hat on your head to adopt a new guise. the cat sniffs in your direction and tries clawing at the illusory robes.

ou walk to Silas' school and are greeted by Stephan.

"Greetings! How may I help you?"

@Xander: Tarith is quick- too quick.

Tumble: [roll0]

With a sudden move, the spellthief cartwheels and leaps into teh air as he lands inches behind you, placing his dagger at your throat.

"I'm insane! And I can't take this anymore!!!!"

Contact Tarith, but first, elbow me in the gut. Now, Xander!

Kalypsia runs to catch the falling chest.

Attack roll, if required: [roll1]

Amphetryon
2013-01-02, 10:12 PM
"I was - briefly - in the vicinity of Halmathan, but my route there was convoluted, and a tale saved for another time, when matters so pressing did not weigh on the hour so heavily."

Archmage1
2013-01-02, 10:14 PM
Tarith picks up the kitten once more before heading over to the school

"I was hoping you could help me, young sir. I was recently married, but I am to go ona pilgrimage for Pelor. I would like to be able to keep in contact with my wife, using these as a linked pair"
Tarith produces the pair of holy symbols
"Can you help me? Please?"

AlanBruce
2013-01-02, 10:15 PM
@Dimbur: You explain to the High Inquisitor your cryptic reasons to travel and before she has a moment to respond, you watch Tarith Spellbane burst through a window and land ina most hammy dramatic pose before tossing the chest into the air.

"Hey ugly! Wanna dance...hehehhehhehe"

@Tarith: Stephan smiles.

"Ahh yes... marriage. That is always cause for celebration. Sad too that you will be leaving us on pilgrimage."

Stephan looks at the symbols.

"An intelligent request, sir! I can have these done relatively quickly. It will cost but a thousand. I know it sounds expensive, but you will never be separated from your wife with these."

NathanB1486
2013-01-02, 10:18 PM
Xander takes the scroll from Silas.
Silas, I had already informed you I planned on contacting Tar
Xander's sentence in interrupted by the window shattering, and Tarith appearing.
ith...but it appears that is no longer nessacary. Tarith, have you lost your mind? When you were told to leave Anzaril's this morning, what made you think coming to Justcrown a wise move?

To himself.
Ta Daa? Since when did Tarith start using that expression?

To Dantie.
Dantie, Tarith is here, he delivered the chest and is turning himself in.

Xander confused by the strange mental request chooses to comply, and attempts to throw a elbow into Tarith's gut.

Archmage1
2013-01-02, 10:19 PM
"Of course. How soon would they be ready?"

AlanBruce
2013-01-02, 10:43 PM
@Tarith: Stephan takes the amulets.

"A few minutes? The enchantments are simple, so it should not take long. Please wait here."

@Xander: Confused at what is happening, you sink your elbow into Tarith's gut. Your former comrade staggers a bit as he seems to do more of a dramatic dance than a death rattle.

"Oh, cruel heavens! I had not anticipated vile magic of this sort! The pain- the insufferable PAIN! It courses through my blood like a mad river!"

@Dimbur: Tarith skids along the ground and approaches you as he tugs at your chestplate.

"And now, to face Death itself- a visage most hideous. Have all my sins fallen upon me in one deadly smite?"

@The Party: Kalypsia runs towards the falling box and catches it with one hand, almost losing her balance.

"It is safe... what is he doing?"

Tarith clumsily wal;ks towards the stairs leading to the second floor.

"And thus, I ascend the bloody steps to the Heavens. May Dantie and his angels guide me on smooth wings! So long Justcrown! You have lost your finest gem!"

Tarith writhes on the steps and gasps for air. Then he opens his eyes wide as he syretches his hand towards the domed ceiling and drops it as his eyes close for the last time.

Bluff: [roll0]

NathanB1486
2013-01-02, 11:14 PM
Xander stays quite and watches the display, a puzzled look on his face.
To himself.
This hardly seems like the Tarith I know. Just what is happening here...the boy is never this over dramatic.

To Dantie.
Something strange is happening here, Tarith may not be in Justcrown.

AlanBruce
2013-01-02, 11:32 PM
@The Party: Kalypsia approaches the body lying on the ground. She kneels before it and places her hand inches off his mouth and then feels his neck. The duke, alerted by the sounds below, approaches the stairwell.

"What in the hells...Spellbane? Is he..."

"He is dead...", assures the High Inquisitor.

@Xander: Kalypsia turns to look at you

"Although how you were able to kill him and with what magic eludes me."

@Dimbur: Kalypsia places the chest into her own bag.

"I am sorry, Master Stonestaff. It would appear you will not be able to interrogate Spellbane. The Cuthbertines will take his body and make sure he is not brought back, as is customary in these situations. Guards, carry the body back to the fortress. I thank you all for your efforts in this manner. The vault will have to be secured much more if another would seek to extract its contents. So long."

@Xander: Silas approaches you and speaks in a low voice.

What did you do to him?

dantiesilva
2013-01-03, 12:11 AM
As Dantie is told his actions will not bring him any good Dantie is not pleased. Not only has Tarith caused trouble in the city but it seems he has brought Dantie close to being out of Pelors favor. Something he can not have so close to his wedding. And so he leaves the confession and goes to pray for forgiveness. Dantie is not sure how long he has been their praying but as he hears Xanders voice in his head he lets out a sigh of relief that Tarith has turned himself in. I shall be their once I meet up with Rosalind and Farther Wilhelm. Make sure he does not leave your sight. Dantie asks Xander before going in search of the two. What do you mean it may not be tarith. The inquisitor even said it was him. He even admitted it was him and he cast a spell on me. It has gotten me in bad terms with Pelor as well. He is not happy with my actions. Dantie mentally replies to Xander as he looks for the two priests.

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 12:22 AM
@Dantie: You leave the confessional with more questions than answers. Rosalind enters the chapel carrying two boxes with her. Father Wilhelm by her side.

"Dantie! I was at Miranda's and heard the news! What happened to Tarith?" She places the boxes on one of the pews.

"Father Silva, I feel like congratulations are in order for your marriage. alas... it would seem Tarith's timing, once again has proven to be grim."

All three walk outside and see a few blocks away the Inquisitor Carriage stopping at the Fortess. Kalypsia comes out and two Cuthbertines follow, carrying a shroud in their arms.

dantiesilva
2013-01-03, 12:29 AM
As Rosalind enters he looks to her and says It seems the wizard and fey sent him away from them and Tarith decided to come here. Where as I am sure you heard got into trouble. Then he put a spell on me making him lie for him, and even worse Pelor is no longer happy with me. Dantie tells Rosalind. In all his years he had never once lost Pelors favor until now. Indeed Farther Wilhelms, again it seems during the time of a wedding Tarith chooses to cause the most Chaos. As they step outside and the carriage pulls up Dantie watches the shrouded figure being taken out of the carriage of the inquisitor. I heard he turned himself in at the end. Do you mind telling me how he died? Dantie asks mother Kalypsia as she is walking towards her fortress.

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 12:43 AM
@Dantie: You approach the High Inquisitor and ask her about Tarith's demise.

"I am sorry, Father Silva. Tarith entered the palazzo and acted like a brash fool, threatening Xander with his daggers. At that moment, Master Corillian used a spell on him of a sort I had not seen before. Quick and deadly, it would appear, since Tarith just spurted what can only be described as nonsense, before going on a solliloquiy of his death and making it quite theatrical. I approached the body and, in fact, Tarith is dead. I would show you the body, but not out here. Please follow me."

You are lead inside the fortress and the shorud is placed in a room with a furnace next to it. Kalypsia produces the chest from the vault.

"I will go and make sure this is never again retrieved...until a proper way to deal with this issue is found. I'll be back to oversee the cremation. You are, of course, free to give him last rites if you wish and say your good-byes. Now please, excuse me."

Father Wilhelm places his hand on your shoulder.

"I am sorry, Dantie. I know he was your burden and your freind. Now, he is neither. For what it's worth. My condolensces."

Rosalind holds on to your hand tightly.

"He was a scoundrel, yes. But now that he is gone, well... he was your friend, Dantie. I will let you grieve in peace. I'll be at the Chapel."

Hmmm... This I did not expect. Time to put my best poker face and not laugh..Heh

dantiesilva
2013-01-03, 01:12 AM
Dantie follows the precession to the cremation room where all those their give him their condolences. It be a sad day. I watched that boy grow up for 8 years of me life. If only I had gotten to him sooner and not left him to go run on errands for the church like he asked me to two years ago this may have never happened. He was always a trouble maker, but a good lad none the less. He kept our spirits up and will be sorely missed. Once everyone has left the room Dantie goes to Tariths body and holding his hand says Goodbye old friend. May the heavens grant you all that you could not receive in life. May you finally find peace, and most importantly I forgive you for making me lie tarith spellbane. Your death will remembered as will your life. Dantie says sadly to the body that lays in front of him before slamming his fist into his stomach in anger not able to believe the boy is really dead.

Pierce illusions Saying I suspect he is stronger then me by a long shot I will make the roll. [roll0] Will save vs the DC of the ability disguising this person as Tarith. If it is nonmagical in nature spot check taking 20 for a 30.

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 01:25 AM
@Dantie: You say your solemn rites of passage. Explaining to the cold dead lad inside that shroud that, although a ruffian, he was your friend- a little brother, even.

Well... that was touchi...

The fist. A punch in Tarith's gut that would've severed the heavens themselves. A punch packed with all the wrath a pelorite can carry on his shoulders over eight years.

"Oof!"

The shroud arches forward and then falls flat on its back as Tarith's face pops up from the cloth.

"What the hell, Dantie? I'm playing possum here to save Spellbane's ass!"

Tarith's face goes red as he tries to hide a sonorous laugh. You notice his eyes are a clear blue, unlike Tarith's black eyes. These seem to swirl with minute gusts of wind in the pupils. Undetectable by any but the most experienced.

@The Party: Elsewhere, further down into the catacombs of the Fortress, Mother Kalypsia places the chest on its rightful place.

When I get out, you little whore...

Kalypsia sighs and shakes her head. She looks at Cinderbolt and this one bows, accepting what has to be done.

The High Inquisitor walks out of the vault and stands a few feet away, raising her hand and causing the entrance to be blocked by a solid wall of stone, leaving the Kolyarut and the chest within.

"That is one less problem to worry about... for now. And now, let's put Spellbane's remains to rest."