PDA

View Full Version : Shadows of the Past 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Archmage1
2013-01-03, 07:12 AM
Tarith waits for the enchantment to be complete. Once Stephan returns, he offers him the ring of protection +1 in payment saying
"My superiors gave me this to protect myself, but protecting my heart is every bit as important as protecting my body. Thank you."

He then turns, and humbly walks away, heading towards the back of the Palazio, where the vault room lies against.

Amphetryon
2013-01-03, 09:06 AM
'Let it be false. Let me not have followed the shaft correctly, only to have it cave in before me.'

Looking around, Dimbur asks those present, 'Knowing nothing of Tarith but the name and physical description - and the possibility he holds information - I know not what to think. Was his behavior here typical of the man, or was he under some ensorcellation, or otherwise a deceiver?'

dantiesilva
2013-01-03, 09:44 AM
As Dantie hears the voice when his fist connects to the body he looks down. What in the nine hells is going on here. Dantie says noticing that not only is the person not dead, but it is not even Tarith, but the halfling that has helped them in the past. You know that they are planing on burning the body and it will hurt much more then my fist and that if your body is gone with only me in the room I will be the one to blame. Dantie says to the creature before him curious as to why he is doing what he is for Tarith.

NathanB1486
2013-01-03, 11:10 AM
To Mother Kalypsia.
I must admit, I am unsure how I took Tarith down myself, he seemed not well, perhaps he was already in a weakened state and I was simply the last step required in order for him to fall as he did, no matter I suppose, as his life is now extinguished, and we no longer will have the opportunity to ask him just what happened while he was gone, in order to unravel this mystery further.

I thought about trying to lie about Xander using some magic to kill Tarith, but a -1 to my bluff is sure to get Xander caught, so decided telling the truth was better.

Xander looks to the scrolls in his hand, then back to Mother Kalypsia.
I suppose I no longer have need for these scrolls, thank you for offering them however.
Xander offers back the two scrolls to Mother Kalypsia.

Xander looks to Silas, while offering back the scroll, in a muffled tone.
Silas, I did nothing, while Tarith was dancing around like a mad man, I received a strange mental request to throw a elbow into his stomach, and chose to comply, this apparently was the result.

Xander follows the others back to the temple, and watches Mother Kalypsia place the chest back in its rightful place.
I trust you have ensured the contents of the chest have not been disturbed, and your gem is still safely contained?

To Dantie as everyone is leaving Dantie and Tarith alone.
Dantie, be wary, I still have suspicions the man we are leaving you with is not Tarith.

Xander attempts to contact the one that messaged him earlier, as they walk to the vault..
Have you been impersonating Tarith this whole time? Why steal the box if you planned to return it so?

dantiesilva
2013-01-03, 01:09 PM
As Dantie hears Xanders voice in his head for a second he forgets that he was even mentally connected to Xander. It was not tarith, and HE is not dead. Its the halfing from the ball. And he is very much so alive. I happened to find this out after hitting him thinking he was Tarith. Long story short, I would make sure we are no where near this city when things go bad. As in he starts dancing around. Or if we do only me as I can honestly say I did not bring back to life Tarith spellbane or break any laws while alone with the body. Dantie replies mentally as he waits for the thief to say something.

AlanBruce
2013-01-03, 01:56 PM
@Dantie: You have seen these ayes before, although the body is that of Tarith's. The body is not an illusion. It is a well done mask with a body and stilts made to match Tarith's height. Bandobras smiles as he puts his arms behind his head and lies down. His eyes, now glowing with that airy aura change his voice somewhat.

"Look Dantie, this is the thing- Tarith is a fool, yes. You and I know that. I was present during the Connor mess and even assisted him in protecting his fellow Ravens from the mad inquisitor's plans to take them down. I was... taking a stroll through the palazzo and overheard the lady in purple talking about the box-to-end-all-boxes. And the fact that once again, your friend had broken into this place and taken it, putting himself and the city in danger. Maybe the story was a lie- maybe it wasn't, but I couldn't take the risk. So, I took off and found him by the merchants. You're gonna love this one. He saved a kitten. But anyways, I took the chest from him and gave him a warning to finish whatever business he had there and then rendezvous with you and the rest outside the city. That's when I put up this show for the new Inquisitor, at the same time, asking Xander to call the real Tarith and tell him to leave..."

Bandobras goes silent for a few seconds while you state the fact of the furnace and the pain. He tries to hide a laugh.

"Well...It seems i'll be taking the heat! Now, not to worry, Dantie. I have it all planned. She puts me in the furnace, I'll be as quiet as a mouse- I am dead, after all. And then I'll leave- I have my ways. Now, this part is important- I told Tarith to not come to the city again and stir up trouble. I told him he owed me a solid for me helping his friends at the Wench. If I do catch him here again, I'll send him flying. Kid is good, Dantie. Dumb and stubborn as a doorknob, but good."

@Xander: Kalypsia receives the scrolls.

"Thank you for your assistance in this matter, Master Corillian. I am surprised still by the art you used to fell Tarith. Clearly the path of the arcane is one that I myself have much to learn about."

Once at the Fortress, at the entrance to the vault.

"I would warn against entering. This place is heavily warded except to those very close to our beliefs and ethos. Lord Cinderbolt will now be the S'batao's lone guardian while this place is sealed. I will return to this place once a way to permanently take down the creature is found."

@Dimbur: Silas shakes your hand.

"I doubt your trip has been for naught, Master Stonestaff. My colleague Xander Corillian has traveled with Dantie for quite some time, not to mention Father Silva, who traveled with him for years. I am sure if any information is to be gathered, these two fine gentlemen can provide it for you."

@Xander: "My friend, I will now return to the school. If you wish to stop by later afterwards, you are more than welcome. I left Stephan in care of the shop. I hope he hasn't made a mess."

@Tarith: Stephan takes the ring from you.

"This is excellent payment, father! And yes, to have those you most love close to you at all times is what matters most. Farewell and good luck on your travels!"

You pocket the twin symbols and the kitten tugs at your cloak, intent on being carried. Picking up the small feline, you decide to continue on your agenda. After all, everything should be fine.

@Xander: You attempt to contact the man who would be Tarith.

Good show, Xander! Good show! I am currently looking at a very mad Dantie. He should put you up to speed on things. Please do not forget- contact Tarith and tell him to leave the city. I have even left him an incentive in his bag.

dantiesilva
2013-01-03, 02:12 PM
As Dantie listens to the tale he is told he nods to the imposter. Very well and thank you. Lets hope Pelor forgives me for my next actions or the next time you will be seeing that boy is in a wooden box. I should be off now. Good luck.

And with that Dantie covers the body back up and leaves the room, looking for Rosalind and the others.