PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon - Shadows Unbound - Chapter 2(IC)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Tybar
2013-03-04, 08:36 PM
Those are Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour, the green, red, and blue ones respectively. They're also grass, fire, and water types respectively, so I would not send out Tank, he would be a bit disadvantaged here.

He's still watching them, sketching unless they start being aggressive, ready to go for a pokeball.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-05, 10:20 PM
Lorenzo
Karina smiles and nods, answering, "Unless you specifically request a closed battle, challenges against any gym leader here in Gaira are open to the public. In a closed battle, another gym member or other league-sanctioned referee and judge needs to be present to oversee the fight. I'll be waiting for you, though." She waves as you head out, and Lulu turns to you and says, "That was awesome! You completely turned that around, there. I'm going to enjoy watching your match against Karina..."

The two of you make your way back into town, looking for Andrea. Asking around doesn't yield any results, but as you head towards the Pokecenter, Lulu spots her coming out of the Pokemart next door. At Lulu's call, the woman turns towards you and walks over, asking, "Was there something else you two needed? I'm hoping to have time to see this challenger that's taking Karina on later..."

Haruka
Natalie nods, and answers, "Let me see, here." You hear typing for a moment, before she says, "Well, I've got a client who has an open request for any unusually colored Pokemon - they have a few things they're offering, be it cash, or Pokemon. If you're looking for a direct trade, the options that we can offer would be a Flygon which knows Dragon Pulse, a Lampent with Dark Pulse, or a Zorua which knows Extrasensory and Grass Knot. It is noted that a Type Booster is being offered with each, though it doesn't specify which. As for the Kabutops..." A bit more typing, before she says, "Well, right now we've got an individual offering 6000 Meseta for purchase, and someone offering an Omastar. That one's actually in Lily Town as well, and it specifies that they're willing to meet in person."

William, Aron, Dexter
The Pansear that stepped forward growls slightly at you, drawing your attention. As you look towards him, a vine darts up from the grass and knocks the notebook out of Aron's hand. The Pansear's aggressive posture vanishes in an instant as the group of Pokemon begin laughing, one of the Pansage reaching out with the vine in its hand to try and catch the notebook.

DEX check from Aron to catch the notebook before the Pansage.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-05, 10:25 PM
Yes, well, I believe that challenger is me. And I wanted to make a few last preparations before the battle, one of which I must ask of your services again. My plan was using Dynamo, the Elekid you trained earlier. The issue is his feet are short and has problems getting around, so a melee move has limited use. My other choice of combatant is my Golett, who with the ability to fly can make better use of a melee move. Like Fire Punch. In a Steel gym. I was wondering if you could teach my Golett Fire Punch before my battle.

Tybar
2013-03-05, 10:29 PM
Aron fumbles for his notebook, normal amounts of grace applying. Very funny...

Dex check!

[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-05, 10:30 PM
"I will have to decline on the trades for my Kabutops, however, if you hold on a moment I can contact my friend to see what he thinks of your trade offers."

Haruka pulls her dex and messages Lorenzo explaining the trade offers for Aegis from Echelon, also saying she saw he was offering it for a trade and decided to call them to see what they'd offer.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-05, 10:33 PM
Lorenzo's dex goes off, he replies quickly so to not be as rude to the resident tutor. <Flygon. No question.>

BluesEclipse
2013-03-05, 10:35 PM
Haruka
Natalie answers, "Of course. Would you like to place a trade request for the Kabutops, then? If so, I can have one of our field representatives meet you to evaluate it, and he can set up the specifics for you. It may offer an easier way to find something you're looking for."

Lorenzo
Andrea smiles, and answers, "Well, this should be entertaining, then... I suppose I can help you out. I'll have to charge you, of course... we'll say 2200 Meseta, since you're becoming a rather frequent customer."

William, Aron, Dexter
The Pansage grabs the notebook before Aron can even get his hands on it, flipping clumsily through the pages and chittering to its fellows. One of the Panpour pulls out one of the pages(you're fairly certain it's blank) and attempts to draw on it with a jet of water, only to get the paper soggy. The other Panpour looks at the notebook itself.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-05, 10:39 PM
"He is interested in the flygon, I will have him contact you as soon as I can. Can I please have information for contacting you specifically for this particular transaction? As for the Kabutops, I would not be opposed to the option. I do not know what in particular I'd be looking for at this time, however, anything worthwhile enough would make me consider trading him."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-05, 10:41 PM
Thank you Ms. Andrea. Lorenzo bows deeply before releasing Stark.

Tybar
2013-03-05, 10:42 PM
Aron approaches cautiously. Hey guys...do you want some pencils to draw with?

Aron produces a few and holds them out, trying not to wince at his dripping notebook.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-05, 11:01 PM
Haruka
Natalie gives you her contact information over the sound of typing, before saying, "Alright, Ms. Salt. I've made arrangements for an Echelon representative to be in Lily Town in two days to evaluate your Kabutops - he'll also be able to take care of finalizing the trade for your friend if he does go for it. Was there anything else you needed?"

Lorenzo
Andrea nods, and begins tutoring Stark. As she does, you receive a message from Haruka with information about contacting a Natalie Daniels, at Echelon, regarding the trade for the Flygon. After nearly an hour, Andrea smiles and leads Stark back over, saying, "And here you are. He's now officially got flaming fists of fury! Hope it serves you well against Karina!"

William, Aron, Dexter
The colorful Pokemon pay no attention to the pencils you offer as the Pansage and the two Panpour begin fighting over the notebook. Before long, the other Pansage and the two Pansear get involved, and several torn pages go flying before you see a torrent of water from one of the Panpour knock the notebook out of the hands of the Pansage holding it. The notebook lands on the ground, a soggy lump that resembles paper.

Tybar
2013-03-05, 11:03 PM
Aron stares at the notebook.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-05, 11:08 PM
Thank you again Ms. Andrea. Lorenzo also sends a message to Haruka thanking her for her assistance and asking if he could borrow Lili's Razor Claw.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-05, 11:10 PM
"There were a few other trades from my friends, but none of them are really anything rare, the only one that may draw attention is a Klink from the Oracle Ruins."

She then sends a message to Lorenzo saying she'd meet up with him in a bit. Also saying she was mentioning Cogs to the Echelon representative do to where it was caught. It may draw some interest.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-05, 11:28 PM
Haruka
Natalie replies, "It's possible, though most people aren't as concerned with where the Pokemon is from, there are some collectors who favor Pokemon obtained in sites related to the Ancients."

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-05, 11:31 PM
"If you could check I'm sure that my friend would consider an offer, it's the same one that's offering the Aron so you could kill two pidgey with one stone," Haruka says with a shrug.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-05, 11:38 PM
Haruka
The sound of typing fills your ears for a moment, before Natalie says, "Well, I've got one person who's looking for any type of Pokemon from the Oracle Ruins specifically - he's trying to get one of each species found there, apparently. Oh..." she stops for a moment, before continuing, "That was the original request, but it looks like most of those have already been handled. He does still need a Klink, though, so that would work for your friend. The offer he's made is your choice of 4000 Meseta, or a Growlithe. The Growlithe has a breeder's certificate - apparently it's inherited a few moves from the parents, and has been bred for battling."

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-05, 11:47 PM
"The growlithe. Is it safe to assume that the trade will be finalized along with the trade for the Aron?"

Once everything is in order, Haruka heads out to meet up with Lorenzo, bringing her planter with her as well as getting the Razor Claw from Lily. She decides she'd challenge the gym as well, as good a time as any and it'd pass the time while they waited for the others to get back.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-05, 11:51 PM
Haruka
Natalie answers, "Yes, it will. Is there anything else?" At your negative response, she says, "Well then, thank you for dealing with the Echelon Group, Ms. Salt, and I look forward to handling any future trading needs for you." With that, the call ends, and you head out to meet Lorenzo.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-06, 12:06 AM
Seeing Haruka coming towards him. Hi Haruka! I earned my second token and making some last minute preparations for the battle. May I borrow Lili's Razor Claw?

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-06, 12:18 AM
Haruka hands the claw over with a smile, "Just give it back once the battle's done. I'm going to be challenging the gym for my second token while I'm here so the others can meet us here for your battle, and I don't intend to use the Razor Claw myself. Hisei and Sakura are not close range fighters."

[roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-06, 12:24 AM
Thanks Haruka. I'll see you at the Gym later. Lulu, can you do something for me? Lorenzo starts walking towards a fabric store he had saw the other day.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-06, 12:42 AM
Haruka
You make your way over to the gym, and see an older man following a medic out towards the Pokemon Center. A younger man watching sees you and says, "Oh, hey there. You here for a challenge, or just a friendly bout?"

Lorenzo
Lulu follows you towards the store and answers, "Sure thing. What do you need?"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-06, 12:45 AM
Lorenzo scratches the back of his head nervously. Could you.... give me an introduction? For my battle? I'm used to getting an introduction for my act.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-06, 12:45 AM
"A challenge," Haruka replies with a smile, "aiming for a second token."

BluesEclipse
2013-03-06, 12:57 AM
Lorenzo
Lulu smiles and says, "I think I can put something together... what did you have in mind?" The two of you begin discussing the ideas for your introduction.

If you like, Mesi, you can have RP control of Lulu for that purpose.

Haruka
The young man nods and answers, "Well, we'll see how you do here, then. The name's Lucas, by the way... and you're Haruka Salt, right? I've actually worked with your parents on occasion... I do my own breeding now, though." Lucas leads you into one of the side rooms, and crosses to the far end before flipping a switch. Panels in the floor across the length of the field slide aside, revealing a pair of conveyor belts moving things towards both ends from the middle. "Well, I hope you're ready for this... Let's see how you do against Tesla!" He releases a Pokemon which appears to be comprised of three Magnemites linked together.

Battle map is HERE. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah6-iyD21LrrdE5OMWY2VHpEOWJmWkJzMjBxTHBOQ0E#gid=2)

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-06, 01:05 AM
I have a general idea in mind. I'll flesh it out.
Arriving at the store, Lorenzo quickly finds the same type and color silk his best costume was made out of. Purchasing half a yard, just in case, he heads back the Salt Ranch. Digging out the sewing kit, he goes about repairing his costume (and washing it, now that he remembers he hasn't done that yet). Once finished, he changes into his sole pair of street clothes and goes to look for a Sitrus Berry, since Haruka's haven't fully grown yet.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-06, 01:06 AM
"Let's go Hisei!" Haruka lets the Vulpix out directly across from the Magneton, "Fire Spin!"

Fire Spin
AC: [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-03-06, 05:20 PM
Lorenzo
You find the Sitrus Berry with little difficulty.

Haruka
Lucas scowls as the spinning flames lick at his Pokemon. "Well." He thinks for a moment, before shrugging. "Well, looks like I've only got one option here. Tesla, Thundershock!" The electric-type sends a blast of electricity from one of its magnets at Hisei, zapping the Vulpix.

Round Summary
Hisei hit Tesla with Fire Spin for 28 damage. Telsa is Trapped.
Tesla took 6 damage from Fire Spin.
Tesla hit Hisei with Thundershock for 17 damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-06, 05:26 PM
Alright. I can do this. Lorenzo looks to Lulu for support as they walk towards the gym for his first ever gym battle.

KujiUn
2013-03-06, 05:37 PM
Ban gasps. "Wow, this is..." He mouths the word awesome but is too busy staring at everything to even speak it.

Gaekub
2013-03-06, 09:02 PM
"HEY!" Dexter yells as the notebook flies from Aron's hands. He steps fowards, towards the apes. "That's not okay!" His hand flies to the pokeball on his neck, and Ohm appears in a flash of light. He signals the Magnemite with one hand, at it erupts with ear-piercing sound.

Using Sonic Boom, not on anything, just up in the air to shake them up.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-06, 09:21 PM
"Hisei, Confuse Ray then move!"

Confuse Ray Cannot Miss.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-06, 09:39 PM
Haruka
The confusing beam hits the metal Pokemon, but the flames swirling around it cause it to fall limp before the confusion has any effect. "Tch... well, at least you burned that Confuse Ray. That's one less concern. Dusty, make this quick!" He releases a flying insect next - a moth or butterfy, with purple wings and head, and a brown body. "Nail it with Psybeam!" The insect flies up into the air and above the conveyors, before firing a spiraling beam of psychic energy which lances through Hisei.

Round Summary
Hisei hit Tesla with Confuse Ray. Tesla is Confused.
Tesla took 12 damage from Fire Spin. Tesla fainted.
Dusty hit Hisei with Psybeam for 24 damage.

Ban
Alexa smiles at Ban's reaction and says, "It's beautiful, isn't it? This grotto is home to several Pokemon - apparently, the crystals up top can absorb moves like Sunny Day, and will keep their effects going for far longer..."

Aron, William, Dexter
The primates all turn towards you at the loud sound, and one of the Pansear steps forward and begins screeching at you challengingly.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-06, 10:08 PM
Hisei goes down with a yip, but Haruka manages to return her before she hits the ground, she then sends out Sakura, "Gotta do this quick, Confusion!"

Confusion
AC: [roll0] 19+ Confuses

Tybar
2013-03-06, 10:10 PM
Aron stares at the notebook, but reflexively releases Arluin, who growls a challenge back.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-06, 10:16 PM
Haruka
The psychic blast strikes the purple insect, leaving it reeling for a moment. Lucas calls out, "Sleep Powder, Dusty!" The insect drifts closer and releases a spray of blue powder, which quickly causes the Kirlia to fall asleep. Lucas blinks, and says, "Umm... alright?" and the two of you watch for several moments before Sakura snaps back to consciousness, Dusty still dozing and somehow remaining aloft.

Round Summary
Sakura hit Dusty with Confusion for 26 damage.
Dusty hit Sakura with Sleep Powder. Sakura is Asleep. Sakura's Synchronize put Dusty to Sleep.
Sakura is Asleep.
Dusty is Asleep.
Sakura wakes up.

William, Aron, Dexter
The primates growl at your challenge, their posture shifting to a more aggressive one.

Battle Map is here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah6-iyD21LrrdENCa3VjdWxpQjdfZ2pZTXFlNE5EaFE#gid=0). Place yourselves somewhere in Row 15, and your Pokemon in row 14 or 13.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-06, 10:21 PM
"Alright! Sakura, hit it one more time!"

Confusion:
Damage: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

BluesEclipse
2013-03-06, 10:26 PM
Haruka
Sakura's eyes glow an iridescent pink as she scrambles the insect's mind - or tries to, at least. While it writhes in pain, the attack doesn't seem to be muted, somehow, as some of the psychic energy is reflected by glittering dust swirling around the insect. Lucas smiles and says, "Sorry, but tricks like that won't work against Dusty! Now, finish this with another Psybeam!" The insect continues to sleep, unaware of its trainer's command. Lucas's face falls at the lack of response.

Round Summary
Sakura hit Dusty with Confusion for 20 damage, but Dusty's Shield Dust prevents it from being Confused by the attack.
Dusty is asleep.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-06, 10:30 PM
"Once more Sakura," Haruka calls out, "let's end it now!"

Confusion
Crit: [roll2]

BluesEclipse
2013-03-06, 10:40 PM
Haruka
Sakura's mental blast brings down the purple insect, and Lucas sighs. "Good match... did you get the chance to study my fighting style or something? I mean, you had perfect counters for both of my Pokemon..." He shakes his head as he flips off the conveyors and walks across the room, handing you a token. "Here... you earned it, Haruka. Just watch yourself against Karina... she's tougher than anyone else here by a wide margin. I know there's another trainer who's challenging her later today - maybe you should watch the match and try to pick up a couple ideas from it." Leading you back to the gym lobby, he says, "Anyway, I'd love to catch up, but I'm still on shift here. Good luck against Karina, though!"

Sakura hit Dusty with Confusion for 38 damage. Dusty fainted.

Hisei and Sakura each gain 1750 XP.
Scans Obtained: Magneton, Venomoth

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-07, 12:04 AM
"Thank you, I will likely be waiting until tomorrow to challenge her, I need to prepare my trump card pokemon for the battle, and stop by the ranch some time, Mother would like to see you again, I also remember you were friends with Takeshi, and he's back in town now."

KujiUn
2013-03-07, 01:38 PM
"Whoa..." Ban stops and stares for a few moments before turning to Alexa. "This is great. Thanks for showing me this!"

Tybar
2013-03-08, 12:23 AM
Aron nods to Arluin, who stands his ground.

Gaekub
2013-03-08, 12:43 PM
"Okay, fine," Dexter says as the pokemon hold their ground. "I came out here looking for a fight anyway."

dethkruzer
2013-03-08, 05:10 PM
"Aron..." William utters, reaching into his bag. pulling out a a pokeball, he turns a sharp gaze at the monkey pokemon. "I wished it didn't have to come to this. Marduk!" He calls out, relaeasing his Lombre.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-08, 05:32 PM
Aron, William, Dexter
The red monkeys, along with one of the blue, dart towards you, the two red monkeys both swiping angrily and repeatedly at Arluin, though the Totodile blocks a number of the blows. The two green monkeys direct their attention to Marduk, one lashing at it with a vine while another leers distractingly at it. One of the blue monkeys approaches more cautiously, leering at Ohm and drawing the Magnemite's attention, while the other blasts the Magnemite with a jet of water.

Round Summary
G1 hit Marduk with Vine Whip for 32 damage.
G2 hit Marduk with Leer. Marduk gets -1 Defense Combat Stage.
R1 hit Arluin with Fury Swipes 2 times for a total of 14 damage.
R2 hit Arluin with Fury Swipes 3 times for a total of 17 damage. Arluin is fainted.
B1 hit Ohm with Water Gun for 17 damage.
B2 hit Ohm with Leer. Ohm gets -1 Defense Combat Stage.

Ban
"Thank you for coming with me, Ban..." The two of you look around the grotto for a bit longer before departing, and Alexa continues to show you around town - showing you the local contest hall(closed that day), the gym - which you're already familiar with - and some of the various shops. The last thing the two of you visit is a small park near the center of town, with a garden of red and white flowers in the center, planted to form the shape of a Pokeball.

dethkruzer
2013-03-08, 07:03 PM
"Marduk, get in a bit closer and use Fury Swipes on the two red ones.. William commands, before stepping forward a bit, firing a mental blast at one of the green monkeys.

Marduk Shifts to H 12
Marduk uses Fury Swipes on R1 and R2. swipes 1,3,and 5 going at R1, swipes 2 and 4 going at R2

Fury Swipes attack roll, AC 4:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Fury Swipes damage roll, apply attack stat of 9 to each target once:
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

William Shifts to K 13.
William uses Extrasensory on G2.
Extrasensory attack roll, AC 2, flinches on roll of 19-20: [roll10]
Extrasensory damage roll: [roll11]

Tybar
2013-03-09, 12:57 AM
Aron winces and recalls the fallen Totodile.

Sorry Arluin, White Hat, come on out and blast those Pansear!

White Hat nods and shoots out a beam of psychic energy at R1, hitting R2 along the way.

Recalling Arluin.

Releasing White Hat at I13
White Hat uses Psybeam to strike both Pansears.
AC: 2, Confuse on a 19-20
[roll0]
Dmg:
[roll1]

Gaekub
2013-03-09, 07:12 PM
"Ohm, counter with Thundershock!" Dexter yells, and the Magnemite attempts to electrocute the water stream emitting from the blue creature.

AC 2: [roll0] (Paralyze on 17-20)
Damage: [roll1] (Electric Special)
Crit Damage:[roll2]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-09, 07:16 PM
Lorenzo and Lulu head towards the Gym after contacting his friends. He sends Lulu to find Karina while he got into costume.

Once Karina was found and brought to the field of battle, Lulu grabs a mic, putting on her stage voice. The lights dim, a single spot light focused on Lulu. "Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the Venomblade Gym! I'm here today to introduce today's competitors! In this corner, Karina, reigning Venomblade Gym Leader! A spot light snaps on over Karina. And in this corner, coming to you live from Great Gaju's Traveling Pokemon Circus, the acrobat extraordinaire, the flying Filard, the one! The only! Lorenzo Filard! A spot light flashes on where Lorenzo should be but he isn't there!

In a split second, the single spot is consumed in smoke with a small pop. Out of the smoke, Stark flies forward, superman style, Dynamo riding him like a flying surfboard. Dynamo releases errant blasts of electricity in a dazzlingly display of power. Stark turns around, circling the cloud of smoke into a small twister before flying into the smoke once more. He flies back out of the smoke from the top, the smoke following him.

As the smoke clears, Lorenzo stands prime. He is donned a new costume, this one bedazzled with rhinestones of many different colors in the shape of stars. He is sporting some jazzy makeup, extenuating his features. Long curly eye lashes, wide expressive smile, big popping eyes. All to make his face pop.

Stark floats gently back down next to Lorenzo, Dynamo hopping off to balance on Lorenzo's head. Lets start the show Karina! Beebeebee! Dynamo hops off Lorenzo with an excited cry, ready for a fight.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-09, 11:59 PM
William, Dexter, Aron
Ohm's Thundershock arcs across the blast of water and through the Panpour that fired it, giving the primate a severe shock. Marduk slices furiously at the two Pansear, scratching them relentlessly, before White Hat fires a beam of psychic energy through them. William isn't quite able to grasp the mind of his own target though, and the monkeys begin retaliating. The injured Panpour glares at Ohm, while his companion fires a pinpoint blast of water at the Magnemite. One of the Pansear leers at Marduk, while the other fire-type and one of the grass-types both launch into furious strings of attacks, which both Marduk and White Hat weather unharmed. William takes a severe bite from the other Pansage, however, the blow staggering the psychic briefly and disrupting his concentration.

Round Summary
Ohm hit B1 with Thundershock for 64 damage.
White hat hit R1 with Psybeam for 36 damage and hit R2 for 35 damage.
Marduk hit R1 three times with Fury Swipes for a total of 19 damage.
Marduk hit R2 two times with Fury Swipes for a total of 5 damage.
William missed G2 with Extrasensory.
B1 hit Ohm with Leer. Ohm gets -1 Defense Combat Stage.
B2 critically hit Ohm with Water Gun for 18 damage.
R1 hit Marduk with Leer. Marduk gets -1 Defense Combat Stage.
R2 missed White Hat with Fury Swipes.
G1 missed Marduk with Fury Swipes.
G2 hit William with Bite for 23 damage. William is Flinched.

Lorenzo
Karina is waiting on her platform overlooking one end of the battlefield, a smile on her face at your entrance. "Far be it from me to keep such a spirited challenger waiting, then. And Lorenzo..." She flips a switch on her platform, and the field below transforms... a toxic pool and river splitting the field, with moving conveyors and pounding pistons surrounding it. Karina's smile shifts to a confident smirk as she says, "Welcome to my playground. Now, let's see if you're worthy of the Venomblade Badge. Soul, you're up!" She releases a Lucario onto her side of the field, which watches patiently.

Dynamo is faster. Battle Map is here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah6-iyD21LrrdE5OMWY2VHpEOWJmWkJzMjBxTHBOQ0E#gid=1) - if any of the terrain explanations are inadequate, ask for clarification. Dynamo is already in designated starting position.

Also, epic Gym Leader music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juo94ibJGFc).

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-10, 12:09 AM
I see you know how to stack the odds. Dynamo, your not up yet, Stark! Flick of the wrist and his mon are swapped. Stark, Iron Defense! The robot's body becomes more rigid and unyielding. Stark then floats up 6m.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-10, 12:31 AM
Karina gives the Golett an appraising once over before scoffing and saying, "I seriously hope he doesn't intend to stand up to Soul... it just won't happen. Show him your power, Soul... Flash Cannon!" The Lucario dashes over towards the Golett, brilliant silver energy charging in its hands as it runs. It skids to a stop, cupping its hands together and drawing them back, before stepping towards Stark and releasing a brilliant beam of silver energy at the Golett.

Karina uses Intimidate on Stark. Stark gets -1 Attack CS.
Soul uses Flash Cannon.
AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion(-1 Special Defense CS on 17-20), [roll1] Steel Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-10, 12:35 AM
The bright flash rockets forward. Stark rotates ever so slowly and the blast reflects off his round body. Tough luck Karina, Stark! Shake the very earth! Stark flies forward. He stops a 2m from Soul, his body shaking. With a robotic cry, shockwaves of earth shattering energy emenates from the automaton, washing over Soul and most of the arena.

Earthquake AC 2. I'm going for a quick battle.
[roll0]
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-03-10, 12:49 AM
Karina scowls at Soul's missed attack, and calls out, "Focus, Soul. You can do better!" The Lucario nods, shifting its stance as the Golett moves forward. Seeing what's coming, Karina calls out, "Quick Attack, Soul! Smite him with your steel fist!" The Lucario blurs as it leaps up, swiping at the Golett with a silvery strike before being blown into the wall by the Golett's return attack. Karina curses, and says, "You're not down yet, Soul... hit him with a Toxic Palm!" The Lucario stands back up, its aura visible, but dim and fading, as it makes another charge towards the Golett, its palm glowing a poisonous purple. It thrusts the palm at the ghost type, before finally collapsing from its wounds. Karina nods, and recalls the Lucario.

"Looks like you're not all glitter after all. Bloom will take care of this, though." Karina then releases a dark, plant-like Pokemon with a large pink flower atop its head.

Karina uses Constructive Criticism. Soul needs -1 to hit for the remainder of the encounter.
Soul uses Quick Attack. Karina uses Steel Move Shift, turning it to Steel Type.
AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion - 1
Damage: [roll1] Steel Physical Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.
Karina uses Not Yet! to allow Soul to Shift and Move before fainting.
Soul uses Force Palm. Karina uses Poison Move Shift, turning it to Poison Type.
AC: [roll3] v 2 + Physical Evasion - 1 (Paralyze on 18-20)
Damage: [roll4] Poison Physical Damage plus [roll5] on Crit.
Soul has fainted.
Karina releases Bloom.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-10, 01:01 AM
Thanks to Karina's coaching, the swift blow landed true, blunted by Stark's hardened body. The second attack also hit, though between Stark's fortitude, his possessed clay body, it hardly stung. There is more to a sword than ornamentation my dear. I admire your resilience. Stark, Meteor!

The robot's fist wreathes in flames, Stark inverts and stars rocketing straight at gloom, the flames flicking backwards giving Stark the appearance of a meteor for a brief moment before impact.

Fire Punch, AC 2 Burn 19+, Crit 18+ (Razor Claw
[roll0]
[roll1]
+[roll2] on crit

As Stark rights himself, a beam of red light shoots out, returning him to his ball. Dynamo, welcome back! The little Elekid appears on a conveyor belt, ready for battle.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-10, 01:06 AM
Karina watches as Lorenzo switches after the attack, and nods. "Not a bad tactic, but not nearly as helpful as you may think." Indeed, Bloom remains standing after the fiery blow, looking at the Elekid consideringly. Karina says, "Bloom, get into the liquid, and Rest." The Pokemon obliges, crossing the nearby conveyor and swimming towards the center of the toxic channel there, before seeming to submerge itself - the flower on top the only sign of its presence there.

Bloom uses Rest. Bloom is Asleep.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-10, 01:11 AM
Clever. However... Dynamo, overcharge! The little Elekid rides the Conveyor for a bit, before hopping off. Static electricty crackles around its horns. It grabs them as if they were a ball and gently tosses them at the sleeping plant.

Thunder Wave, No-Miss, Paralysis

BluesEclipse
2013-03-10, 01:15 AM
Karina smiles at Lorenzo's tactic. "A rather shocking choice, I must say. Listen closely, though... Bloom does talk in her sleep." The flower Pokemon can be heard mumbling, before launching a spray of blue powder at the Elekid.

Bloom uses Sleep Talk. Sleep Talk becomes Sleep Powder!
Karina uses Focus - Sleep Powder needs -2 to hit.
AC: [roll0] v 4 + Speed Evasion, target is Asleep on hit.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-10, 01:20 AM
Now aren't you full of surprises! Dynamo sweet dreams! Stark, come back out! Bring down more earth shaking might on the plant! Stark appears directly over the Vileplume. No more flashy displays, just pound away! Both his fist light aflame, begin bashing at the large flower on its head.

Fire Punch Crit 18+, Burn 19+, AC 2. Multiple hits are just fluff
[roll0]
[roll1]
+[roll2] for crits

BluesEclipse
2013-03-10, 01:29 AM
Karina watches as the still-slumbering Vileplume takes the blow, a slight smile as the Vileplume endures the hit. The smile fades slightly as the Pokemon seems to have trouble moving, but her eyes harden and a brief... shift can be felt around her. "It's not enough, I'm afraid..." A shifting can be seen, and those close enough would make out the sight of the Pokemon munching on something just under the surface of the water, before it mumbles once more. The Pokemon's petals seem to arc up towards the Golett, green tendrils snaking around the ghostly being and sapping energy into the Grassy Pokemon.

Karina used Satoshi's Luck to reroll the Paralysis check.
Bloom ate a Leppa Berry, restoring use of Sleep Talk!
Bloom used Sleep Talk! Sleep Talk became Mega Drain!
AC: [roll0] v 2 + Special Evasion
Damage: [roll1] Grass Special Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.
Bloom heals HP equal to half the damage dealt by Mega Drain.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-10, 01:35 AM
Stark goes down to the blow. Good move. Lets wrap this up quickly. Dynamo! The Elekid appears in a flash of light inside the pool, the shock waking him. While he gulps in some toxic liquid. Don't worry Dynamo, it will be all worth it. Ice Punch!

Flash [roll0] AC 2, -1 AC
[roll1] AC 2 Freeze 19+
[roll2]

BluesEclipse
2013-03-10, 01:43 AM
Karina calls out as Stark falls, "That's my girl..." and her smile only grows wider as Dynamo's attack misses. "That was a mistake, my finely-dressed friend. And one your cute little Elekid will pay dearly for... Hit him with Stun Spores, then get out of there, Bloom!" The Vileplume's eyes snap open, and it shakes as if preparing an attack, only for its body to seize up.

Karina uses Affirmation on Bloom! Bloom gains 10 Temporary HP.
Karina uses Intimidate on Dynamo! Dynamo gets -1 Attack CS.
Bloom is Paralyzed! Bloom is unable to act!

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-10, 01:44 AM
I knew that would pay off! Dynamo, one more time! Flames engulfing the Elekid's fist, he slams at the flower. He also munches on the Sitrus berry.

[roll0] AC 2 19+ burn
[roll1] 46 actually, forgot Intimidate.
[roll2]

BluesEclipse
2013-03-10, 01:48 AM
Karina watches silently as Bloom takes the blow. The Vileplume shudders, as if trying to prepare another attack... before falling limp, its body beginning to sink into the water. Karina smiles slightly, and recalls the Pokemon, before nodding. "Well... I must admit, Mr. Filard, I'm impressed. You're actually the first person to hand me a defeat since I took over this gym... Congratulations."

After you recall Dynamo, she deactivates the field, and heads down to the center of the room, beckoning you to join her.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-10, 01:52 AM
Lorenzo cracks a big shoting eating smile. He returns Dynamo for the sole reason to stop the little guy's suffering. Otherwise he'd have let him stay out and enjoy the victory.

Walking all to confidently, Lorenzo follows Karina. It was an honor my dear Karina. You were a sporting opponent. You gave me a run for my money, but it seems I just played too fast for you. Lorenzo tries his best to not sound cocky and full of himself. He really does try.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-10, 02:09 AM
Karina smiles at your exuberance and replies, "Perhaps, though it's a novel experience for Bloom to be beaten by being Paralyzed." Her expression becomes more serious, and she pulls out a small pin - a silver blade appearing as if just having been swung, a purple arc trailing from it that also seems to shape into a poisonous fang. "As Gym Leader, it is my honor to confer upon you the Venomblade Badge, Lorenzo Filard. It contains the power of both Poison and Steel, being usable to either shift a Pokemon to one of those types briefly as a defense, or to alter an attack to one of those natures. Just remember, it takes a day or so for it to recharge." She hands you the badge, and raises your hand to the cheers of the spectators.

As everything dies down, she looks at you and says, "Come on... we'll get your Pokemon tended to. Plus, I want to discuss your other prize as well - it's customary for a victorious trainer to get something else along with the badge, along with the standard League Bounty for defeating a Gym Leader." She leads you into the infirmary and both of you hand your Pokemon over to the medic there before sitting to discuss what they gym offers as a secondary prize.

Lorenzo got the Venomblade Badge!

Venomblade Badge - Daily - Once daily, as a free action, the bearer of this badge may use any one of the following Features as if he possessed them himself: Steel Move Shifting, Poison Move Shifting, Steel Elemental Shifting, Poison Elemental Shifting. The Elemental Shifting Features used by this badge last only for the turn on which they're used - but can be used as a response to an attack. Once any Feature is used with this Badge, it cannot be used again until the following day.

Dynamo gained 3200 XP. Stark gained 3200 XP.

Lorenzo received 10000 Meseta.

Other Prizes Include(Select One, or if you have other suggestions, we can discuss them):
TM 06 - Toxic
TM 91 - Flash Cannon
A use of Steel or Poison Move Sync on any Move known by one of your Pokemon
A use of Steel or Poison Elemental Sync on any one of your Pokemon
A Level 20 Poison or Steel type Weapon of your choice, or two each for Thrown Weapons(they must be recovered after each use)
A Poison or Steel type Pokemon of your choice(within Reason) at level 20
A Metal Coat, Toxic Orb, or Black Sludge

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-10, 02:23 AM
Lorenzo bows in an overly exaggerated matter as the badge is presented officially. Thank you! Thank you all! Lorenzo immediately releases Stark and Dynamo along with Snaggles. We did it! We won! Dynamo squees and Stark looks at Lorenzo quizzically. Snaggles just pouts.

Thank you Ms. Karina for the battle. I think I'll shift Stark to Ghost/Steel if you please.

KujiUn
2013-03-10, 08:48 PM
"Whoa." Ban sat down in the garden park. "That was great! This place is great! So, I'm a bit hungry. You wanna get something to eat?"

Gaekub
2013-03-10, 11:14 PM
"Ok, one more time Ohm!" Dexter cries. The floating orb lets out another blast of electricity before it's recalled, Scar appearing in its place.

Thundershock on the same one as before.
AC 2: [roll0] (Paralyze on 17-20)
Damage:[roll1]
Crit Damage: [roll2]

Tybar
2013-03-12, 10:59 AM
Aron tosses out a pokeball at the Pansear that seems the weakest. (R1)

White Hat, tackle the other Pansear!

The porygon charges forward, hitting the other red monkey.

If someone else wants to capture a Pansear, let me know, and I'll adjust targets accordingly for White Hat.
Greatball
[roll0]

White Hat's Sacred Rush:
AC: 2
[roll1]
Dmg:
[roll2]

dethkruzer
2013-03-14, 03:00 PM
William stumbles a bit, and despite trying, fails to focus properly. "Marduk, Nature Power!" He mutters from between his teeth.

Marduk uses Nature Power, resulting in Stun Spore.
Targetting square G12, htting R1, R2, and G1
Stun Spore attack roll, AC 11: [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-03-15, 04:07 PM
William, Aron, Dexter
Aron's Pokeball strikes one of the Pansear, but bursts open almost immediately. White Hat charges forward, slamming into the other. Ohm's blast of electricity causes the Panpour to fall, smoking, while Marduk causes spores to drift up from the grass around the enemies.

As the Pansage and the injured Pansear that were caught in the spores begin to freeze up, and the Panpour falls, the other primates look around nervously. The Panpour and the unharmed Pansage bolt for the trees, while the unharmed Pansear growls before licking at White Hat with a dripping tongue, only for the Porygon to shrug off the attack.

Round Summary
Ohm hit B1 with Thundershock for 60 damage. B1 fainted.
White Hat hit R2 with Sacred Rush for 19 damage.
Marduk hit R1, R2 and G1 with Stun Spore. R1, R2 and G1 are paralyzed.
Aron failed to catch R1 with Great Ball.
B2 is attempting to flee.
G2 is attempting to flee.
R1 is paralyzed. R1 is unable to act.
R2 hit White Hat with Lick, but it has no effect.
G1 is paralyzed. G1 is unable to act.

Ban
Alexa nods, and says, "Sure... do you have anything in mind?"

Lorenzo
Karina nods, and takes Stark's Pokeball from you, handing it over to one of the gym's support staff to actually perform the type shifting.

Mesi, you're going to be on hold until everyone catches up to you. Shouldn't be too long.

KujiUn
2013-03-15, 04:36 PM
"Hm... where do you think is the best? I wanna go there!"

dethkruzer
2013-03-16, 05:48 PM
William turns his attention to the blue monkey trying to escape. "Oh no, you don't. Marduk, return!" He calls out, recalling the Lombre, before flickering and Vanishing, appearing closer to the blue monkey.

William Recalls marduk as a Shift action.
William uses Teleport, moving to F4

Gaekub
2013-03-17, 01:51 AM
"Scar! Waterfall the one that can't keep its tongue to itself!" Dexter yells.

The Croconaw blasts forward, coated in water, aiming for the Pansear.

Waterfall on R2

AC 2: [roll0] (Pushes target 2 meters on hit, flinches on 17-20)

Damage:[roll1] (Water Physical)
Crit Damage:[roll2]

Tybar
2013-03-17, 03:25 PM
Aron winces as the great ball is destroyed, and tosses his last one at it again. Second try's the charm right? White Hat, help out Scar with another tackle!

White Hat hovers back a bit, then flies at the Pansear again.

Great ball at R1 again:
[roll0]
White Hat uses Sacred Rush on R2, backing up as needed to charge.
[roll1]
Dmg
[roll2]

BluesEclipse
2013-03-21, 11:37 PM
William, Aron, Dexter
William vanishes in a burst of psychic light, reappearing near the two fleeing Pokemon, while Aron flings another Great Ball at the injured Pansear with no more success than the previous one. Scar rockets at the less wounded of the two Pansear, slamming into it in a spray of water and knocking it halfway across the field, unconscious. White Hat, having already started his charge at this point, is unable to stop himself and slams into the remaining Pansear, knocking it out as well. The Panpour vanishes from sight, quickly escaping into the treeline, while the fleeing Pansage looks around frantically, panicking as it sees William appear near him. The other Pansage remains frozen in place from Marduk's paralyzing spores.

Round Summary
Aron failed to catch R1 with Great Ball.
William used Teleport.
Scar hit R2 with Waterfall for 84 damage. R2 is fainted.
White Hat hit R1 with Sacred Rush for 13 damage. R1 is fainted.
B2 failed to escape.
G2 fled.
G1 is paralyzed. G1 is unable to act.

Ban
Alexa thinks for a moment before answering, "Well, there's actually a sandwich shop not far from here that I've always liked. Come on, I'll show you." She leads you off to a small shop, not far from the park, that sells various kinds of hot and cold sandwiches.

KujiUn
2013-03-23, 05:11 PM
Ban gets himself a sandwich, sitting down with Alexa. "So, that was fun. Did you have fun too?"

Gaekub
2013-03-25, 01:28 AM
"So... do you want to catch this one, or should we let it go?" Dexter asks, gesturing at the Pansage.

Tybar
2013-03-25, 09:23 AM
Aron shakes his head.

I'm fine with letting it go. Also, I'm out of pokeballs...remind me to shop some after this.

Holding action unless we're attacked.

dethkruzer
2013-03-25, 01:46 PM
the Psychic sighs in disappointment as the blue monkey vanishes from view. He turns around walks back from the treeline, taking his time.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-26, 02:35 AM
William, Aron, Dexter
The other Pansage vanishes into the tree line as well, leaving only the paralyzed primate Pokémon remaining. Its eyes dart around at you nervously, even though it can't seem to move its body at all - it clearly took the worst of Marduk's spore attack.

1260 XP to Marduk, 630 each to Ohm, Scar, Arluin and White Hat.

Ban
"Yeah... I did. Thanks for spending the day with me, Ban..." She smiles, and pulls out something - after a moment you recognize it as the Everstone you helped her find earlier, except different - more vibrant, somehow. "Here..." She hands you the stone, blushing slightly as she says, "I originally was planning on giving it to Riku, but you can have it... White Cloth will be able to use it."

The Everstone has been treated with Everstone Improvement(designated type is Psychic) and Everstone Perfection(designated family is the Ralts line). See the Underdog features for specifics.

Tybar
2013-03-26, 09:38 AM
Aron sighs and rummages around for a bit of food, putting it in front of the Pansage.

Try not to play too harshly with anyone else who comes this way, okay?

Aron pats White Hat, and turns to the others. Ready to head back?

Gaekub
2013-03-28, 02:08 PM
"Yup, ready to go," Dexter answers, turning away from the green monkey with a glare. "And uh... sorry about your notebook Aron."

Tybar
2013-03-29, 01:27 PM
Aron sighs and shakes his head.

It will be alright...I had most of the important notes backed up and memorized...I just wish I had some of those sketches.

dethkruzer
2013-03-31, 06:17 PM
William approaches the paralyzed monkey, a pokeball in his hand. He then crouches over the pokemon, before releasing Marduk from the pokeball."You think you could wash off the worst of those spores? He asks the Lombre, which responds by spewing a gentle stream of water.

"You guys go on ahead, I'll catch up to you once I get this little guy back on his feet. He then nods to the two trainers.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-31, 06:38 PM
William, Aron, Dexter
Aron and Dexter begin heading back towards Lily Town, while the Lombre washes the spores off of the Pansage. The green Pokémon looks at William nervously, but doesn't bolt right away.

KujiUn
2013-03-31, 07:23 PM
Ban nodded, taking the Everstone. "Thank you..." He looked at it, thinking a little, before calling out White Cloth. "So, what do you think of it? Alexa gave it to you!"

BluesEclipse
2013-04-03, 12:27 AM
Ban
The Ralts takes the stone, looking at it curiously, before smiling. You don't hear anything, but Alexa smiles and nods happily at the Ralts - clearly, there was some sort of telepathic communication there.

As you finish your sandwiches, Alexa says, "Your friend was going to challenge the gym leader soon, right? We should go and watch!"

Kuji - just a note, you have RP control of your Pokémon unless I specify otherwise.

KujiUn
2013-04-03, 07:02 AM
B-but, I suck at RPing Pokemon!

"Alright!" Ban stood up and began to walk ahead of Alexa, keeping her within arm's reach. "Have you ever tried the gym?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-03, 10:49 AM
Haruka looks down on the arena from the viewing area, and smiles, Lorenzo had done very well, she heads down to meet him as he leaves the arena to congratulate him.

Gaekub
2013-04-03, 12:27 PM
"Well... you can make more, right?" Dexter answers awkwardly. "I'm sure any of my pokemon would be happy to pose for you!"

Tybar
2013-04-03, 01:21 PM
Aron nods. Yeah, and thankfully, most of my sketches of Helios from when he was a Bulbasaur were in an older one. I also try to scan most of them. I just had a lot of my notes from Odin in there. I'll have to recreate them now...and thanks, I really appreciate that.

He looks at the shards of his greatballs. You know, I still have never figured out how to put the spin on it that you told me about.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-04, 12:25 AM
Aron, Dexter
The two of you continue chatting as you make your way back to the ranch, falling into a discussion regarding capturing techniques. The day passes swiftly, and you find yourselves heading to the gym to watch Lorenzo's battle with Karina Nola.

I'm going to give you guys 4 hours of time between returning to the ranch and leaving to watch the gym battle - use it how you see fit(shopping, use of features, etc), and just put a summary of that in your next post.

Ban
Alexa shakes her head, saying, "No... I've never really thought about challenging the gyms, actually." The two of you converse for a bit as you make your way to the gym, watching Lorenzo's triumph over Karina.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-04, 09:02 PM
You all meet Lorenzo as Karina leads him out of one of the back rooms. William gives a nod to the flamboyant trainer, and says, "That was an impressive match."

The five of you are all on the same time again - just after the gym battle's conclusion.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-04, 09:13 PM
Lorenzo has a huge grin plastered on his face, Dynamo sitting on his shoulders. It was touch and go near the end there. Paralysis saved my butt.

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-04, 09:33 PM
"It did look pretty tough there," Haruka says, "you did very well though, I don't think the razor claw really came into play though."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-04, 09:42 PM
Ya, but thats what it is right? An extra chance?

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-04, 09:49 PM
"True enough," Haruka replies.

Tybar
2013-04-04, 10:07 PM
Aron heads to the shop, picking up another five great balls, hoping these work a bit better than the last one.

He finds the others to watch Lorenzo's match, and smiles at his friend as he finishes.

Congratulations! Any plans for celebrating?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-04, 10:11 PM
I.... honestly didn't have any plans. Is there anywhere to go celebrate and get a good drink round here?

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-04, 10:21 PM
"I know a nice place a ways from here, would take about ten minutes to walk there," Haruka replies, "it has karaoke, an arcade, and even a roller rink if you like, plus a friend of my dad's owns the place so we could get a deal on prices if we let him know you won at the gym," she looks at Karina, "you're welcome to join us if you'd like," she offers the Gym Leader.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-04, 10:22 PM
You wanna come Lulu? Lorenzo offers her his hand.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-04, 10:26 PM
Karina blinks, and smiles, saying, "I'd be happy to." Lulu nods at Lorenzo, and says, "Yeah, this should be fun. Let's go!"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-04, 10:33 PM
Lorenzo follows Haruka to the bar/skating rink/thing, making sure to pin the badge on his costume, not bothering to change. He escorted the young Lulu with his arm.

KujiUn
2013-04-04, 10:43 PM
"Good job, Lorenzo!" Ban said, trying to be as sincere as possible even though he fell asleep during the match. Whoops.

But with one quick glance... AHH, EVERYONE LEFT! Ban hurries off to the house, thinking they'd still be there. Or something.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-05, 11:14 PM
Ban
As you near the doors of the gym, you see Alexa there waiting, a calm smile on her face. "Come on, Ban!" She grabs your hand and leads you off to catch up to the others.

Everyone
You enter a place called the Rockin' Rola, which is a hybrid restaurant, skating ring, and karaoke bar, with a couple of battle arenas off to the side as well. The arenas are currently occupied, one with an interesting matchup of a Kadabra versus a Scraggy - with, surprisingly, the Kadabra winning. The other arena holds a more balanced matchup of a Beedrill against a Dustox. The singer currently on stage is quite tone-deaf... it reminds you more of an injured Loudred than anything else.

As you take a table, Karina looks over at Haruka and says, "So... I know you qualify to face me as well - I've got another challenger tomorrow afternoon, but the morning is free if you want to have the match then. If you'd rather wait, that's fine as well."

Lulu, meanwhile, is beaming from her place on Lorenzo's arm, and breaks off as you all sit down, heading over to the DJ and saying something. As the singer on-stage finishes, the DJ announces, "And let's have a round of applause for Samantha, everyone!" After a smattering of polite applause for the horrible singer, he says, "And for those of you who weren't at the gym earlier, I've just been informed that our lovely leader, Karina Nola, has been handed her first defeat today - and the conquering hero has decided to grace us with his presence!" The lights dim, and spotlights from opposite sides pan over the tables before focusing on your group. "Apparently, he used a powerhouse of a Golett by the name of Stark to break through Karina's defenses, and used his quick-draw skills to pull in his tiny terror of an Elekid named Dynamo to shock her team into submission. So, let's give it up for the man of the hour, Lorenzoooooo Filard!" The DJ, clearly excellent at his job, has whipped the present crowd into a frenzy of cheering, the noise almost deafening due to the number of people present.

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-05, 11:56 PM
"I thought you'd prefer to have a little fun before talking business, actually," Haruka says with a polite laugh, "I will be picking up one of my pokemon from a friend of mine that has been getting him used to a recent, ability, he's picked up. I'm also planning to ask Lulu to help with him, he's a decent fighter, but he's neglected his health by training to much, I'd like to temper that before challenging you. My mother, as you may know, is also the local dream doctor, so she will be helping him to adapt more to his current abilities, if I can get all of that done in time to challenge you, I will, otherwise I'm likely to wait another day before doing so," she then smiles, "I actually just had an idea. Would you be willing to tell me what pokemon you intend to use if I tell you the ones I intend to use?" she asks, it was actually a fairly interesting idea for a way to fight a gym leader, and likely something most people didn't offer.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-06, 01:26 AM
Lorenzo stands at his glorious introduction, bowing his practiced bow he had done hundreds of times before. He was reveling in the limelight and it was obvious he was enjoying it.

After the applause had gone down, Lorenzo approached the DJ, requesting a fast paced song. He then went to Lulu, with a pair of skates for her. Care to join me? He had already had his own pair on, and his usual crude eating grin bigger than its ever been.

Gaekub
2013-04-06, 04:50 PM
"Good job Lorenzo!" Dexter says, slapping the victor on the back. "One day, I'll beat a gym! Possibly tomorrow! Depends on how-" He cuts himself off as they step into the restuarant and spots the roller rink. "Ooooh! That looks fun!" he squeals, running off to rent a pair of skates.

KujiUn
2013-04-06, 04:52 PM
"Whoa!" Ban sat down with the others, a bit late, but otherwise there. He looks around, taking all the sights and sounds, before... *clunk* zzz...

Tybar
2013-04-06, 08:26 PM
Aron shakes his head at the roller skates. That...ends poorly for me.

He takes out a new pad of paper and begins copying down a few notes that he recalls from the previous ones, and draws a few scenes during the evening. He lets out Helios to give him some food, and just to enjoy his friend's presence.

I'm hoping tomorrow works out well for challenging a few of the trainers at your gym Karina.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-06, 08:39 PM
The DJ puts an upbeat, rapid song on in answer to Lorenzo's request, and Lulu smiles, slipping the skates on. "I was hoping you'd ask." Lulu then follows Lorenzo out onto the rink, skating gracefully along. Dexter makes his way out to the rink as well, having rented a pair of skates for himself. Alexa sees Ban fall asleep and sighs softly, before renting a pair of skates for herself and following the others.

Karina replies to Haruka, "Sorry, but nope. You'll have to wait and see. Nice try, though." A wry grin covers her face as she says this. At Aron's comment, she turns to him and answers, "Hopefully you'll have some good luck - I don't think Derek will be there tomorrow, though, so don't expect to battle him... at least I'll be able to show that woman how we feel here about trainers who recklessly injure opposing Pokémon..." Her face twists into a scowl at that last comment.

Tybar
2013-04-06, 08:44 PM
Aron frowns, setting down his pencil. What woman?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-06, 08:45 PM
Lorenzo dashes forward, scooping her up into his arms. He twirls her around, planting her back on her skates, as he skates backwards. Hi there. He winks, then skates past her (still backwards), motioning her to skate towards him.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-06, 08:49 PM
Out On The Rink
Lulu smiles, winking back at you as she picks up speed, catching up to you and literally skating circles around you a couple of times.

At The Table
"Her name is Cassandra Walsh... she took on two of the toughest trainers in the gym, and tore through their Pokémon like tissue paper," Karina answers, quietly. "Her Pokémon... it's like they've been stripped of their identity - like they're just weapons to her. They're powerful, but... empty."

Tybar
2013-04-06, 08:55 PM
Aron pales a bit at that, and looks to the others around the table.

That is deeply disturbing. Did this woman leave town already?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-06, 08:57 PM
Lorenzo blinked for a moment, before grinning ear to ear. Oh you think your good eh? He hooks his arm around hers, keeping her near him. He starts picking up speed, maxing out his speed, lifting her off her skates so she doesn't drag behind. While maintaining his speed, he lifts the girl by her midsection up high, into a flying swan. Having fun my lady?

BluesEclipse
2013-04-06, 08:58 PM
At The Table
Karina shakes her head. "She's going to face me tomorrow afternoon. Though, as much as I hate to admit it, she hasn't actually done anything illegal - she's just that type that makes Trainers look bad."

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-06, 09:21 PM
"Empty... Aron, that sounds familiar doesn't it," Haruka says, "We've encountered people like this before, actually, and even had one of these... empty... pokemon with us for a time, Lorenzo's Ditto, Doubles, was kidnapped by these people and made into one," she says, "it's like they break their spirit and make them shadows of their former selves."

Tybar
2013-04-06, 09:37 PM
Aron nods. Yeah. I just know that the subject has been touchy surrounding that whole area...regardless, be careful in your match. If you don't mind, I would like to be there to make sure that nothing bad happens.

He frowns a bit more. I also have some ideas on what is going on with them...but I would need more data to confirm my hunches...and my old notebook needs to be recreated to help with that.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-07, 12:35 AM
At The Table
Karina nods, solemnly. "You're more than welcome to come to the match - she didn't request a private challenge. Just remember, unless she does something blatantly illegal, you can't interfere. Still... maybe watching will help you figure out what's going on with these Pokémon."

In The Rink
Lulu laughs happily as you lift her up, stretching her arms out to her sides.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-07, 08:51 PM
Lorenzo drops her for a moment, letting her free fall. He catches her inches from the ground. He leans in and puckers....

BluesEclipse
2013-04-07, 08:56 PM
In The Rink
Lulu smiles and leans in, closing her eyes as her lips meet yours. You can hear whistling and clapping from the crowd around you. After a moment, she pulls away, beaming, and says, "Well, it took you long enough..." She winks at you, grinning.

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-07, 09:02 PM
"I'll be there, once I get Blitzkrieg back, I'll be challenging you, then I'll stick around until the other battle is done. I will worn you about something though, if at any point her pokemon gets a black aura, end it immediately. It causes the pokemon to go berserk and become much stronger, we had the same thing happen with an eevee during the Rebirth Festival. It took everyone in the fight to stop it," Haruka says, "If you haven't seen the Festival battle, I suggest watching it before your fight so you can recognize it."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-07, 09:04 PM
Lorenzo turns a very bright shade of red at the cheers and Lulu's comment. He pulls her back up, keeping her close. I've never had a relationship. I've been in the circus up until about a week ago. I'm rather new to this.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-07, 09:08 PM
At The Table
Karina nods, and answers, "So, that's what that was... I was wondering. I'll keep it in mind, then. And I look forward to seeing you tomorrow morning, then."

In The Rink
"Oh, don't worry..." Lulu replies, smiling, "you're doing fine so far, after all."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-07, 09:10 PM
Lorenzo's cheeks start returning to their normal color, if only a little bit. I'm famished. Lets go get something to eat. He leads her back to the table for some grub.

Gaekub
2013-04-07, 10:46 PM
Dexter returns to the table a few moments after Lorenzo, nursing a few new bruises. "That was a terrible idea," he says, grinning widely.

KujiUn
2013-04-08, 03:12 AM
Ban picks himself up. Ugh, why has he been sleeping lately? He looks around the table at the others. "Oh, you guys are getting food now? Thanks..." Ban said tiredly, wiping his eyes to try to wake up.

Tybar
2013-04-08, 08:09 AM
Aron passes Ban some water, as the other two get to the table. Yes, I definitely think it's time I challenged your gym again...I'll do so in the morning, and after, I think we should all stick around for that afternoon match. It will be good to study that phenomenon when I'm not currently battling. Can you describe anything of her other battles so far?

Aron picks up his pencil again, ready to take notes.

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-08, 09:16 AM
"Aron, we can talk about it later okay," Haruka says, "even if it is what we believe it is, there's not much we can do about it until tomorrow, so we should at least try to relax for now. We'll likely see it first-hand tomorrow," she gets up and stretches a little, "I think I'm going to try the arcade for a bit, see if I can't get one of the prizes at the exchange... they always have some good ones here."

Tybar
2013-04-08, 12:53 PM
Aron taps his pencil for a moment, thinking on that. I suppose that is true, even though I enjoy being thoroughly prepared. Good luck at the arcade!

BluesEclipse
2013-04-08, 05:10 PM
As the rest of the group returns to the table, Dexter's Pokedex beeps, and he pulls it out, looking over it curiously for a moment. "Well," he says, "apparently Professor Hawthorne's been able to figure out something about that Eevee. He mentioned needing to see one of our shards in order to confirm something, though. He wants to send someone to pick one of us up tomorrow, so I think I'll go ahead and head back." William listens for a moment, and says, "I'll come with you - just in case he needs more than one of the shards there. We probably should make sure we get packed, though..." The two stand, and Dexter says, "Good luck tomorrow, Haruka, and congratulations again, Lorenzo," before departing.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-08, 05:17 PM
Lorenzo wishes the two good luck before turning back to the table. I know we are all out celebrating my victory, but I'm up for another battle. Lulu, did you bring your team with you?

BluesEclipse
2013-04-08, 05:34 PM
Lulu nods, and says, "Yeah, I've got them... how many you want to use?"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-08, 05:37 PM
Full battle. Sick and tired of this 2v2 crap. In a moment, the realization dawns on him. Uh, no offence Karina.... He says as he makes his way towards the open battle field at his best speed.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-08, 05:42 PM
Karina stands up with you, and smiles. "None taken, don't worry. I'll go ahead and referee for you two." She and Lulu both head over, Lulu taking the trainer's place opposite you, and Karina standing to the side. "Alright... ready?" Lulu smiles, readying her Pokeball as she winks at you. "I am going to make you work for this, Lorenzo..." she says. Karina lowers her hand, saying, "Begin!"

Lulu releases a large, spherical stone creature as you release Skizz onto the field - Aron would recognize it as a Graveler.

KujiUn
2013-04-08, 06:00 PM
Ban takes a sip of the water, thanking Aron before heading to the washroom to wash his face. Can't fall asleep now...

BluesEclipse
2013-04-08, 06:42 PM
A fast-paced battle ensues between Lulu and Lorenzo, though Lulu's lack of battling experience shows through with some of her Pokémon choices. In the end, Little Tom is able to clinch the victory for Lorenzo, to the cheers of the crowd that gathered to watch. Lulu smiles, recalling her fallen Scyther, and says, "I can't be surprised by that... it was fun, though."

Those watching the battle had the chance to scan Graveler, Hitmonlee, Mismagius, Luxio, Weavile and Scyther.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-08, 07:05 PM
I had no answer for that Hitmonlee of yours. The Luxio I just got lucky. If Buck hadn't Flinched it, Tom be gone and I'd have lost. You put up a valiant effort. He said, winking at her.

KujiUn
2013-04-08, 07:18 PM
Ban walked out of the washroom, looking for Alexa. That's right, she should be here too. Huh. Where was she?

BluesEclipse
2013-04-08, 07:27 PM
Karina, Lorenzo, Lulu and Ban all return to the tables at the same time. Ban notices that Alexa is still out in the skating rink.

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-08, 07:43 PM
Once the battle is over Haruka decides to ask her question, "I'm sorry to ask this, but, as a breeder, I really must ask, would you mind if I bred your scyther? I'm curious about something my uncle Kade said about training them 'properly'."

KujiUn
2013-04-08, 07:47 PM
Ban stands on the edge of the rink, waving. "Should I come and skate with you?"

BluesEclipse
2013-04-08, 07:55 PM
The Rink
Alexa smiles, making her way over to Ban. "If you want to..."

The Table
Lulu thinks for a moment, before replying, "Well... I might be willing to, if you can offer something in trade. I'd basically be giving you a Scyther, after all..."

KujiUn
2013-04-08, 08:02 PM
"Alright!" Ban nods and rents some skates, putting them on and hading out to the rink. While unsteady for the first few seconds, he learned quickly to use his telekinetic powers to hold himself steady. "There we go." He soon skated over to Alexa, smiling at her.

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-08, 08:15 PM
"Fair enough," Haruka replies, "I have a grovyle, a kirlia, a vulpix, a gastly, a croagunk, a remoraid, an umbreon, and a smeargle that I can breed without much issue, I also have a heracross, a kabutops, a pawniard, a glitched porygon, a poliwrath, and a blitzle that I'd need to have a ditto to breed, if that's the case you'll have to ask Lorenzo if he'd be willing to have Doubles breed with one of them, I won't force it on either of them. Are there any you'd be interested in?"

BluesEclipse
2013-04-08, 08:21 PM
At the mention of the Umbreon, Lulu perks up. "Well, I was considering getting Alexa an Eevee as a birthday present, if I could find one... I'd be fine with letting you breed Reaper if you get me an Eevee egg in exchange."

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-08, 09:16 PM
"She is already being bred, I'll get a litter from her so you can have one of the eggs," Haruka replies with a smile, "you can stop by the ranch to pick it up and leave Reaper there for breeding, first, I do have to ask if Reaper is male or female, it will determine some of the finer details."

Haruka then smiles even wider, "I'd also like to ask you for some help with my heracross, you remember I left him with Zakar right? Well, it's because he wants to be a better fighter. My mother will be working on him, too. He's a little too focused on his training and has let his health decline, I'd like some help fixing that by having him lighten up a little. If you can do that I can ask my father to help the hatching process so it will be stronger, unless you decide to come with us to Cosmos, in which case I can do so myself on the road," Haruka says, offering a secondary trade and an offer to join them on their way to Cosmos, so she could spend a little more time with Lorenzo after they decided to head out.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-08, 09:32 PM
Lulu thinks for a moment, and says, "Reaper's male. And as for helping out your Heracross... yeah, I think I can do that, if you're going to help make the Eevee stronger when it hatches."

After a bit more light conversation, with Alexa and Ban returning to the table, Lulu says, "Anyway, I think we'll be heading out now..." Smiling, she gives Lorenzo a light kiss. "See you tomorrow, Lorenzo." Alexa, meanwhile, smiles softly at Ban and says, "Um... I had a great time today... hopefully we can do it again sometime..." The two girls leave, and Karina gives an amused smile before saying, "Yeah, I need to head off myself. I'll see you guys tomorrow morning, I'm sure." With a wave, she heads out as well. The rest of the evening goes by quickly, and you find yourselves heading back to the ranch to turn in for the night.

Closing out the current day.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-08, 09:41 PM
Lorenzo says good bye to everyone (especially his new girlfriend). He sleeps peacefully the whole night. In the morning, he heads to the Gym to pick up Stark before heading towards the lake for some training.

Lorenzo releases his whole gang with him today: Snaggles, Dr. Krakenjaw, Little Tom, Nebulas, Skizz, and Nemacyst. He explained the obstacle course to them all and proceeded to set up. Nemacyst, LT and Dr. K were stationed at the south end of the lake. Nebulas was placed just north of them, laying down a patch work of Smokescreens they'd have to navigate without submerging or charging straight through. After the smoke maze, Snaggles and Skizz (who are standing in the shallow tide water, await the racers, ready to Bind them and try and slow them down. Beyond them they veer east into the lake proper, where they must remain submerged until they reach the east side of the lake, where Lorenzo had relocated Nebulas. Nebulas will be waiting, making a series of smokescreen hurdles in the air for them to jump over. Finally, after clearing the hurdles, its a straight shot for the south beach, where Buck is emphatically waving the checkered flag,

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-08, 10:23 PM
Litter Roll for Celeste's Eggs (Bred her the Day Before)
[roll0]

Berries Planted
Oran/Sitrus: [roll1] Days ; [roll2] Berries
Mago: [roll3] Days ; [roll4] Berries
Aguav: [roll5] Days ; [roll6] Berries

Berry Searches
Healer: [roll7] - [roll8]
Flavor: [roll9] - [roll10]

Haruka tends to her berries before heading to pick up Blitzkrieg from the fields, thanking Zakar for helping her out, then heads back to the ranch, brining him to her mother first so she could check on Celeste and Kaminari, picking up the eggs and leading the two back to a roaming pen, where they could relax for a while.

She sets one aside for Lulu and leaves the rest in her room for the time being, wrapped in some towels to keep them warm. She'd meet up with Lulu from here, but would need to ask Lorenzo or her father for a Ditto to borrow for the breeding. She wasn't sure if her father had one at this point in time though.

Once her mother is done with Blitzkrieg, she gives her an extra 1000 Meseta to do the same for Willow, since using the machine was pretty expensive, and meets up with Lulu in the living room, where she hands over the egg and gets Reaper from her, letting her have some time with Blitzkrieg while she goes out back to handle the breeding with Reaper (Assuming Lorenzo or Haruka's father let her use their Ditto).

Breeding Checks
[roll11] vs 35
[roll12] vs 35
[roll13] vs 35
[roll14] vs 35
[roll15] vs 35
[roll16] vs 35
[roll17] vs 35

Just making sure it takes :smalltongue:
Once all of that is done, she heads back inside and makes polite conversation with Lulu until it's time to head to the gym.

KujiUn
2013-04-08, 11:07 PM
Ban yawns, heading to sleep and trying to tap into the ambient dreams around him. Let's see what he gets tonight...

BluesEclipse
2013-04-08, 11:38 PM
Ban
As you sleep, you find Lutz waiting for you. "Hello again, young dreamer..." You notice that he seems... troubled.

Lorenzo
Your Pokémon run through the course under your watchful eye. As you look towards the end, you notice a figure standing near the edge of the lake not too far away, his blue hair drawing your attention.

Nemacyst and Dr. Krakenjaw each gained 975 XP. Little Tom gained 1050 XP.

Jehoash
You find yourself in Lily Town, having just done a bit of shopping for supplies. Walking along the lakeside before heading back, you notice a young man in... tights, apparently... guiding his Pokémon through some interesting drills - having three aquatic Pokémon running a swimming course, while a Pinsir, Tangela and Koffing try to impede them.

Haruka
You find Zakar speaking with Alexa when you arrive, and from the discussion it seems that she was having him work with a Tyrogue of hers. He breaks off from that conversation for a bit, calling to Blitzkrieg for you. The Heracross makes his way over, clearly stronger than before. Returning to the ranch, you meet with Lulu, who spends a bit of time with Blitzkrieg while you handle your other business there. After conversing for a bit, you make your way to the gym, where Karina is waiting for you. "Ready to go then, Haruka?"

Blitzkrieg gained 4000 XP from training under Zakar.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-08, 11:48 PM
Lorenzo watches their progress eagerly. Little Tom showed a lot of promise. He whistled, drawing all his pokemon back to him, allowing the Water types a rest. Buck, why don't you go say hello to that man. The Scraggy saluted, letting his pants fall for a moment.

He waddled over to the blue haired man, poking his side to get his attention.

KujiUn
2013-04-08, 11:48 PM
Ban looks at Lutz. "Oh, hey! What's wrong?" It didn't feel like anything was wrong today. Well, aside from being REALLY sleepy.

Esprit15
2013-04-08, 11:52 PM
Jehoash watches the training. Another person with a penchant for Water types? He considers kicking off his shoes and jumping in to get a closer look but alas, the training appears to be just about over.

Oh, and a... Scraggy. Hey little guy, that your trainer over there? He heads towards the trainer. Always nice to see people outside of town.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-08, 11:59 PM
Ban
Lutz answers, "The darkness draws nearer... powerful, though not nearly as much so as the one you encountered on the way to this village. Be wary, Ban..."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-09, 12:01 AM
As J-Whatever approaches, Buck struggles to keep in front of him, twice almost tripping over his pants before face planting right at Lorenzo's feet. Hehe. Hi there. Lorenzo Filard, acrobat extradonaire and proud owner of the Venomblade Gym Badge. He presents his hand proudly, expecting a shake in return.

KujiUn
2013-04-09, 12:07 AM
"Hm..." Ban nods. "Alright. I'll be prepared. You'll tell me when it's really close, right?"

BluesEclipse
2013-04-09, 12:10 AM
Ban
"Be alert," he replies. "While I cannot speak with you directly in the waking world... you will feel it."

KujiUn
2013-04-09, 12:11 AM
Ban nods. "Got it! Thanks for the heads up!" And then a wake. The sun is shining, so what should we do today!?

Esprit15
2013-04-09, 12:12 AM
He shakes the unusual man's hand, leaving it slightly damp, though the water was cold, not bodily. Heh heh, you actually won that? Nice. Heard the gym there is crazy. Jehoash Kelvin... nobody, really. I live out a couple miles from town. He motions towards the water types. You a Water specialist?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-09, 12:19 AM
Lorenzo looks at the lounging sea beasts in the shallows. OH! Hahaha no, these are some of my captures from the fishing contest earlier in the week. Well kind of. Dr. Krakenjaw here he says and he casually hops into the sharks open mouth. Won me the heaviest catch prize. And Little Tom here Somersaulting onto the serpents head I got from my friend as a Magikarp. He evolved yesterday. And Nemacyst who promplty picks up the spry young man and places him on the jelly's wide head Was caught by my other friend and traded to me. Now that I think about it, water is my most prevalent type but I surely don't specialize in it.

Snaggles ruffles her vines and waddles up to Jehoash. She pokes him with a vine, getting his attention, then presenting it for a shake. Don't worry about Snaggles. She's a little drama queen.

Esprit15
2013-04-09, 12:38 AM
Jehoash flinches for a second as the guy jumps into the Sharpedo's mouth. That was either some sheer stupidity or a great deal of trust. He shakes the Tangela's vine. All of them were quite friendly; seems like a good trainer. Hm. Very interesting. "I kinda ended up the same way. Way more fond of Ice," he steps out onto the water, it freezing where he stepped "but for some reason I ended up with a lot of Water anyways." He lets out his Octillery. "Like Bobbery here." Bobbery swims back onto land, shaking limbs with the Tangela.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-09, 12:45 AM
You've met Buck already, and the scary looking Bug is Skizz. And the purple ball of pollution is Nebulas. I have others I keep in a rotation. Lorenzo hops off Nemacyst wading through the shin high water. He taps the ice beneath Jehoash with his foot. Afraid of getting wet? He says with a bit of a devilish smile.

Esprit15
2013-04-09, 12:56 AM
"Don't like water in my shoes, and too lazy to take them off." Jehoash nods at the team. Interesting. Might as well show his own. Several balls float off his person. "This one," he says, tapping the ball closest, "is Bow. Been with me since she was a little Snorunt." The Froslass gives a light curtsey.

"This one," he says, tapping another, a Chinchou falling directly into the water, "is Watt. Excellent here when it gets dark. Well, up until recently." He continues on before Lorenzo can ask what the heck that meant.

He taps the others more quickly. "These are Vivian, Flurry and Dashell." A Litwick and Spheal float above and on the water, while a Quilava clings to Jehoash's leg. "Last one is holding down the fort."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-09, 01:05 AM
Lorenzo takes a look at his dex, seeing the time. A friend of mine is challenging the gym. Would you like to join? Karina is an amazing battler, it be worth it just to see her.

Esprit15
2013-04-09, 01:13 AM
He thinks for a moment. "Sure. Been thinking about trying the league again. Watching a battle might be good." He recalls all but Bow and Bobbery, the latter climbing over his back.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-09, 01:14 AM
Right. Between you and me I doubt she will win. Lorenzo returns all but Snaggles, heading towards the gym.

Esprit15
2013-04-09, 01:18 AM
"Well, then I'll take pointers from the leader rather than her."

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-09, 06:17 PM
"Ready when you are," Haruka says, pulling her first pokeball and waiting for Karina to do the same before sending out her mon, "Let's go Blitzkrieg!"

Speed 13

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-09, 07:34 PM
Lorenzo takes a seat next to Lulu (assuming she's there) introducing Jehoash.

KujiUn
2013-04-09, 07:39 PM
Oh, right, today's the day of Haruka's gym battle! Ban quickly gets dressed and runs over, taking a seat next to the group!

Tybar
2013-04-09, 10:15 PM
Aron sees off William and Dexter, promising to keep in touch, and goes to bed early.

The next morning, he wakes up early and heads to the gym to see about getting a battle in.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-09, 11:52 PM
Haruka
Karina nods, and leads you into the familiar arena. The two of you take your positions, and she says, "You already know the rules, so I don't think we need to reiterate that. Now... let's begin! Pulse, you're up!" She releases a Pokémon that looks like three Magnemites fused together as you release Blitzkrieg.

You're faster.

The Stands
Lulu smiles at Lorenzo, and says, "Hey... name's Lulu. Nice to meet you."

Aron
Roll 1d8 to determine your opponent.

Esprit15
2013-04-10, 12:07 AM
"Jehoash. I live outside of town." He holds out his hand.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-10, 01:12 AM
The Gym
As the battle kicks off, Karina shows her mastery of steel types, bringing down Blitzkrieg with her Magneton while taking only one hit in the process. Sakura turns the tide through use of Double Team and Teleport, before bringing down the Magneton with a powerful Shadow Ball, leaving Karina to rely on her second Pokémon - a poison-shifted Vanillish. The toxic ice type nearly brings down Sakura with its opening volley of icicle spears, but the Kirlia holds on, and after a narrow miss with Mirror Shot by Karina's Pokémon, Sakura closes out the battle by confusing the Vanillish with a psychic assault.

Karina smiles, and says, "I suppose I'll have to keep my eye out for anyone else from your group. Come down here, please..." She makes her way to the center of the gym floor as the various hazards are covered or recede, beckoning you to join her.

Esprit15
2013-04-10, 01:19 AM
"Huh, that was... Huh. Heard she was tougher than that. Might have to try here. Good a place as any, I suppose."

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-10, 01:21 AM
"That was more dumb luck than skill," Haruka says as she walks down to meet Karina, "If anything, I had no plan whatsoever. I had planned to use Vector for that second half of the fight, but switched to Sakura when you took down Blitzkrieg so quickly," she says, rubbing the back of her head, she returns Sakura to let her rest, she'd done more than her share this battle.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-10, 01:25 AM
The Gym
Karina nods, and answers, "Clearly, you made the right choice - that Kirlia of yours packs quite the punch." She pulls out a badge, and hands it to you, before saying, "As Gym Leader, it is my honor to confer upon you the Venomblade Badge, Haruka Salt. It contains the power of both Poison and Steel, being usable to either shift a Pokemon to one of those types briefly as a defense, or to alter an attack to one of those natures. Just remember, it takes a day or so for it to recharge." She then raises your hand to the cheers of the crowd.

As the cheers fade, she says, "Well, let's go visit the medics - we can discuss the rest of your prize while our Pokémon are healed."

Haruka got the Venomblade Badge!

Venomblade Badge - Daily - Once daily, as a free action, the bearer of this badge may use any one of the following Features as if he possessed them himself: Steel Move Shifting, Poison Move Shifting, Steel Elemental Shifting, Poison Elemental Shifting. The Elemental Shifting Features used by this badge last only for the turn on which they're used - but can be used as a response to an attack. Once any Feature is used with this Badge, it cannot be used again until the following day.

Sakura gained 1620 XP. Blitzkrieg gained 1620 XP.

Sakura received 10000 Meseta.

Other Prizes Include(Select One, or if you have other suggestions, we can discuss them):
TM 06 - Toxic
TM 91 - Flash Cannon
A use of Steel or Poison Move Sync on any Move known by one of your Pokemon
A use of Steel or Poison Elemental Sync on any one of your Pokemon
A Level 20 Poison or Steel type Weapon of your choice, or two each for Thrown Weapons(they must be recovered after each use)
A Poison or Steel type Pokemon of your choice(within Reason) at level 20
A Metal Coat, Toxic Orb, or Black Sludge

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-10, 01:42 AM
Haruka smiles, "Yes, let's," she replies as they head to the medics, "I'm actually interested in an unorthodox prize. You see, I'm rather good with plants, and I noticed you used berries in our battle, would you mind if I obtained a few as my prize?"

BluesEclipse
2013-04-10, 01:46 AM
Haruka
Karina thinks about this for a moment, and says, "Let me check our stocks." She heads off to a computer there, checking over something before nodding. "I have some I can spare... were you just looking to stock a few, or are you planning on growing more?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-10, 01:55 AM
"Growing," Haruka replies, "I wouldn't need more than a couple different berries. I'm most curious about the two you used in our battle."

BluesEclipse
2013-04-10, 01:59 AM
Haruka
Karina smiles, and answers, "I can do that, definitely. Pulse was using a Rowap Berry - useful as an answer to ranged attacks. Chill had an Enigma Berry, which for some reason only becomes useful when the Pokémon is hit by something they're weak to, but once active it's a powerful restorative." She taps something on the computer, and then walks over to you, handing you one of each of the aforementioned berries. "Here you go... and again, congratulations."

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-10, 02:10 AM
Haruka smiles in response, "Thank you," she says, "I'd also like to make an offer for you, as I said, I'm good with plants, if you have a pair of berries you'd like to combine the effects of, I could hybridize them for you. Might prove useful for future battles."

BluesEclipse
2013-04-10, 02:12 AM
Karina shakes her head and answers, "Thanks, but I'll pass on that - with the exception of you and Lorenzo, my setup has worked rather well for me thus far. Anyway... are you planning to stick around to watch this match with Cassandra later?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-10, 02:15 AM
Haruka nods, "Yes, I believe most of our group will be sticking around for that one, if anything happens, I'd like to be around to at least help if she does go too far, I hope it doesn't come to that..." she gives a light bow then heads up to the viewing room.

Esprit15
2013-04-11, 12:27 AM
"Hm, think I'm gonna see about how I would go about a challenge. Been a few years since I had, and that was back in Esper." Jehoash gets up and looks around the gym for how to sign up for a challenge. They normally test you in some way...

BluesEclipse
2013-04-11, 01:00 AM
Aron
As you enter the gym, you notice a distinguished-looking gentleman sitting at the reception desk. He looks up at you, and says, "Ah, hello there... are you here for a challenge?" At your affirmative response, he smiles and stands up. "I'll be happy to oblige you, then..." He leads you off to a side room, motioning you to one end of the room as he heads towards the other. You see two wide conveyor belts crossing the length of the arena.

The man smiles, and says, "Allow me to introduce myself... my name is Mitchell Ravenson, and I've been with this gym for forty-six years now. I've seen four different leaders come and go in that time frame, though I know my own skills aren't at that level. Still... I battle because it's my passion, and my understanding of Steel and Poison types is matched by only a couple of others here. So... let's see what you're capable of, young man, and if you're truly worthy of facing this gym's leader. Smoke, let's begin!" Mitchell releases a Pokémon on his side of the field - it looks similar to a Litwick, except that it seems more solid, and the body is tinged purple.

Speed 3. We're using Mitchell's Arena on the Venomblade Maps gdoc. Starting position is E10.

Jehoash
You head into the lobby of the gym, and notice a couple of people milling around. You approach one, an elderly woman, and ask about challenging the gym, and the woman smiles. "I must say, we've been kept quite busy lately... follow me, young man." She leads you into a side room, to an arena split diagonally in half by a river of toxic liquid. "Since you don't seem to have been here before, I'll explain how this gym works. Our battles here are two Pokémon each, and those of us representing the gym are required to use one Poison type and one Steel type. If you defeat a gym trainer, you receive a challenge token... two of these tokens qualifies you to challenge Karina. You only have to obtain the tokens once - then you can challenge her as many times as you feel like." She reaches the far corner of the room, and continues, "Standard Gaira League rules apply - no items, and no direct interference from either trainer. This isn't Esper, after all. That said, we can begin whenever you're ready... Queen will wait, I'm sure..." She releases a Pokémon at her corner of the field, which appears to be some sort of insect wrapped in purple-tinged metal scraps.

Speed 6. We're using Diane's Arena on the Venomblade Maps gdoc. Your starting point is A10.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-04-11, 01:06 AM
Lorenzo hops down from the stands. Congrats Haruka.

Esprit15
2013-04-11, 01:06 AM
Hm, a bug. It probably would be considered rude to read her mind during the fight... Shame, but so be it. Bug, seems to be Poison... That means the Steel will follow. "Well, best lead off then!" He sends out Dashell, his Quilava. The mon lights up, ready for a good fight.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-11, 01:53 AM
Jehoash
Your assumption is wrong, though Dashell is just as effective against the trash-cloaked Wormadam as against the poisonous Skorupi that follows, bringing both down with a barrage of flame. The older woman nods as she makes her way back across the room to you, and says, "Well, you certainly understand type advantage. Well done... you've earned this token, young man." She gives you a circular token with the gym emblem engraved upon it, and leads you back out to the lobby.

Dashell gains 2120 XP.

Esprit15
2013-04-11, 02:10 AM
Jehoash gives a nod. "Thank you, ma'am. Is your Skorupi okay? It took quite a hit there." Assuming the mon is fine, Jehoash heads out to get his Quilava healed, though he didn't have much intention to use him in the next match.

He heads back, his team recalled except for the Quilava. Nice job, Dashell. Need to work on that aim a bit, but otherwise, well done. His praise continues on his way back to the gym.

On entering the gym, he looks for the next challeng trainer. Wait, do they normally make a wager in here if it's one of the gym trainers... Eh, I don't need it right now either way. If I beat the leader, I'll be plenty well off.

KujiUn
2013-04-11, 08:34 PM
Ban watched the new guy's match with interest. Well, more like feigned interest, but come on, he has to give him a chance! But there was something pecular! "Hey, Jenoash! I heard you're from Esper too! You want an Esper battle?" It had been a while since he had one, so this would be a good time to do one.

Esprit15
2013-04-11, 09:07 PM
Jehoash's ears perk up. Heh, like Void I'd like one. How many?

KujiUn
2013-04-11, 09:09 PM
"Hm... I have five Pokemon with me right now. How many do you want?"

Esprit15
2013-04-11, 09:32 PM
"Three seems good. Any wager?" He recalls his Quilava. (You want a map or no? I'm on mobile, so simple side of the doc char doesn't work. Plus getting on a plane, so gonna be an hour and a half.)

Tybar
2013-04-11, 09:39 PM
Aron frowns in concentration for a moment, then smiles.

Ah, I have heard that name before...you specialize in Type Shifting right? I may want to speak with you after this...and I suspect your Litwick is a Fire/Poison type, right? In that case, White Hat, you're up!

He tosses out the Porygon's pokeball, and the artificial pokemon bobs in place in the arena.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-11, 10:27 PM
Aron
White Hat brings down the poison-shifted Litwick with a Psybeam as his opening move, forcing Mitchell to bring out his second Pokémon - a steel-shifted Houndoom. Switching to Laughing Breeze in answer, the Riolu dances around the first couple attacks from the armored canine, before the Houndoom darts around the room, using its speed and the conveyors to keep his distance long enough to prepare a powerful attack, and chipping away at Breeze with Ember in the process.

Finally, after a bit of cat-and-mouse between the two, Mitchell orders, "Alright, Howl... bring it down! Fire Fang!" The Houndoom darts across the room, jaws wide as flames burst from its maw, briefly engulfing the two Pokémon. A loud snapping noise echoes through the room... followed by another, as the Houndoom is flung back across the battlefield.

Laughing Breeze, battered and singed, stands tall - much taller than he was before. His form is more elegant, more streamlined, and he carries a calm yet dangerous presence. Mitchell blinks as he looks at your newly evolved Lucario and says, "Well, well. That's quite impressive... well done. You've earned this token, lad... and I dare say, it would be quite interesting to see you take on Karina with this one." He walks over, recalling the Houndoom in the process, and hands you a challenge token, a smile on his face.

Laughing Breeze has evolved.

Laughing Breeze and White Hat each gain 1375 XP.

Tybar
2013-04-11, 10:31 PM
Aron smiles and accepts the token. Thank you. I owe it to my pokemon, preparation...and a rather quick loss earlier in this gym. By the way, I have a Totodile who might enjoy type shifting to Steel...would you be interested in helping me with that? I'm not sure what all I could give in return.

He turns to Laughing Breeze, and smiles at him. Congratulations! Do you want to stretch out in your new form for a bit?

Esprit15
2013-04-11, 11:21 PM
As the other trainer somewhat stares off into nothingness, Jehoash gives an odd look. "...I'll fight you just after I find the next challenge trainer. Or Gym Leader, depending." He quickly slinks off, looking for the other challenge.
[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-04-11, 11:33 PM
Jehoash
You look around the lobby, and see a group of four trainers heading out of one of the side rooms - two of them, apparently siblings, are arguing over whose fault it is that they lost as they exit the gym. One of the remaining two, a young woman, heads off towards the back of the gym, while the remaining young man looks around. Seeing you there, he approaches, and says, "Hey there. You looking to challenge the gym?" As you respond that yes, you're there to challenge, he smiles and says, "Alright... I don't mind a solo every now and then. Come on." He leads you into another smaller room, heading off around a small canal of toxic sludge towards the far end. You notice marks on the ground at either side of the canal, as if something was being scraped or pushed along the ground there.

The trainer nods and says, "Name's Nolan, by the way... and we can begin as soon as you're ready." He releases a Koffing on his side of the field, a smirk on his face.

Speed 6. Venomblade GDoc, Nolan and Kate's arena (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah6-iyD21LrrdE5OMWY2VHpEOWJmWkJzMjBxTHBOQ0E#gid=5). Start at E10.

Esprit15
2013-04-11, 11:38 PM
Jehoash follows along. Koffing. Tempting to bring out Bow, but that may be overkill. "Okay, let's show them, Vivian!" He sends out his (slow as Muk w/ Speed 1) Litwick.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-11, 11:44 PM
Jehoash
Nolan nods, and says, "Litwick, huh? Not bad... Mitch has one of those that's Poison-shifted, actually. My sister's been trying to convince him to trade it to her. Let's see what's so good about those things... Vexen, Sludge it!" The Koffing drifts forward over the toxic river, before spitting out a spray of sludge at the Litwick.

Round Summary
Vexen hit Vivian with Sludge for 15 damage.

Esprit15
2013-04-11, 11:48 PM
"Well for starters" Fire Spin, Vivian. "They can do this." The Litwick sends a swirl of flame at the Koffing before backing away.
Fire Spin
Special, Fire
AC: [roll0] 4, Trap for [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
If Crit: +[roll3]

BluesEclipse
2013-04-11, 11:56 PM
Jehoash
Nolan frowns for a moment, before sighing. "Yeah... that is a useful move. I hate to ask you to do this, Vexen... but it's the only move we have at present. Time for the shrapnel blast! Explosion!" The Koffing takes on a silvery glow, energy building around it in an almost metallic-looking corona. Finally, the shell of energy bursts apart in jagged bolts of silver light, covering the entire room - yet somehow completely missing Vivian.

Blinking, Nolan says, "Agile little guy, eh? Well... Xaldin, looks like you're up." He recalls the fallen Koffing, and releases a large, metallic bird which hovers just above the toxic channel.

Round Summary
Vivian hit Vexen with Fire Spin for 25 damage. Vexen is Trapped.
Vexen took 8 damage from Fire Spin.
Nolan used Steel Move Shift.
Vexen missed Vivian with Explosion(Steel). Vexen fainted.
Nolan released Xaldin.

Esprit15
2013-04-12, 12:04 AM
"Whoa, never seen someone go for an explosion that quickly... Vivian, Flame Burst!" The Litwick moves sideways a tad, then sends a searing ball of flame at the bird.
Flame Burst
Special, Fire
AC: [roll0] 2
If Crit: +[roll2]

BluesEclipse
2013-04-12, 12:12 AM
Jehoash
Nolan's frown deepens as he watches the flames lick at Xaldin's feathers. "I never did like fire types... a shame they're practically made of paper, though." The last is spoken louder, and Vivian wilts slightly at the derogatory comment. "Bring it down, Xaldin... Air Cutter!" The Skarmory flaps its wings in response, sending a slicing blade of wind tearing into the Litwick.

Round Summary
Vivian hit Xaldin with Flame Burst for 50 damage.
Nolan used Defense Subversion on Vivian. Vivian gets -1 Defense Combat Stage.
Xaldin hit Vivian with Air Cutter for 28 damage.

Esprit15
2013-04-12, 12:14 AM
"True, but flames have a nasty habit of lingering around." Another vortex of flame is sent at the mon before Vivian backs off.
Fire Spin
Special, Fire

BluesEclipse
2013-04-12, 12:20 AM
Jehoash
The Skarmory dodges the ensnaring flames, and Nolan smirks. "Well, let's see if he can linger after this... Xaldin, Flash Cannon!" The Skarmory glides back a bit as his feathers begin to glow, before stopping and hovering above the toxic liquid again. A ball of brilliant light forms in its beak, before being launched forward at Vivian. The blast strikes true, knocking the Litwick back against the wall, unconscious.

Round Summary
Vivian missed with Fire Spin.
Xaldin hit Vivian with Flash Cannon for 21 damage. Vivian is fainted.

Esprit15
2013-04-12, 12:35 AM
The Litwick is reluctantly recalled. "Hm, tough mon..." He flips out a particularly old looking ball. "Bobbery, let's finish them." The Octillery wiggles its tentacles in a wave to the other trainer.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-12, 12:43 AM
Jehoash
As the Octillery focuses on Xaldin, Nolan nods to himself. "Alright, Xaldin..." he says, after a moment's thought. "Hit it with an Air Cutter!" The Skarmory flaps its wings in response, sending a blade of wind out which flies just above the Octillery's head.

Round Summary
Bobbery used Lock-On.
Xaldin missed Bobbery with Air Cutter.

Esprit15
2013-04-12, 12:57 AM
"And fire!" Bobbery crawls forward, always watching the Skarmory. A blast of black ink flies straight at the metal bird, nailing it.
Octazooka
Special, Water
Roll 4 effect: [roll0] Lower AC on 11-20

BluesEclipse
2013-04-12, 01:08 AM
Jehoash
The blast of ink slams into the Skarmory, dropping it. Nolan recalls the bird with a sigh, and says, "Well, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. You've got some potent Pokémon there." He makes his way back over, a slight smile on his face by the time he reaches you. Handing you another token, he says, "Here you go... it should be interesting to see how you handle Karina. You may want to watch her next match, though, to get an idea for how she battles. Anyway, good luck!" He leads you back out to the lobby, before heading through another door towards the back of the gym.

Vivian and Bobbery each gain 1305 XP.

Jakob
Lily Town... while the small village is known more for its fishing contests than anything else, you're there for a different reason. Rumors that a legendary Pokémon was sighted nearby drew you here, and asking around, you were told that a group of travelers that entered town recently had supposedly met Raikou. One of them was a native of the village - Haruka Salt, who you learned was supposed to have a match against the gym leader sometime today.

Arriving at the gym, you don't have much trouble finding the spectator box for the gym leader's arena - and you find yourself running straight into a young brunette woman, apparently heading into the spectator's area as well.

Haruka
As you head back out to the spectator section of the gym, you run into a young man with an odd-looking breathing mask covering his face.

Arcran
2013-04-12, 01:18 AM
Jakob is floored by walking into the person, falling hard to the ground. He had been so absorbed in his thoughts about how finding somebody that had met Raikou would make it possible for him to get a trace on Ho-Oh that he hadn't even noticed the woman. Fortunately, the Poliwhirl that never seems to be far behind helps to lift him up.

Okay Jakob? the Poliwhirl inquires through their special connection. It wasn't as much words as emotions and pictures, but over time Jakob had learned to interpret them in a simpler medium.

I'm fine, he shoots back, as he stands up. The woman was looking at his mask; they always looked at the mask.

Don't mind me, the Natu, previously on Jakob's shoulder and now furiously flapping its wings to stay afloat mutters, landing back on the shoulder of its trainer.

A little self-conscious between both bumping into the woman and his mask, he quickly asks the question.

I'm so sorry, Jakob says, helping the woman back to her feet if she has fallen as well. Do you know where the Gym Challenges happen? he asks. If she was challenging the Gym today, he might be able to find her there, unless she already left. Trying to find somebody. Jakob Stevens, by the way.

Esprit15
2013-04-12, 01:32 AM
"Don't worry, I plan to." He recalls Bobbery. Would have preferred to save Lock On for the gym battle. Felt wrong to go to a Center just for a move... Eh, can just use him in the Esper battle, if there is time before the gym battle.

He didn't really get a feel for the trainer. Based on his apparent strength and walk, he was likely a Psychic of some form like himself or maybe an Elementalist, though based on a lack of any elemental effects around him (no ozone scent, no smoke, ash or dust, so forth) suggested the latter was unlikely. Could just be a younger guy wanting to get a feel for his own powers.

KujiUn
2013-04-12, 01:44 AM
Ban yawns. "Sorry, I was taking a nap. Three sounds great!" Ban quickly goes to one of the vacant battlefields, getting permission to use it for a bit.

Esprit15
2013-04-12, 10:25 AM
Jehoash follows Ban, Bobbery happily following his trainer after the good battle. "Okay, so three mons each. Any wager?" (You have first move unless you have 6 DEX too)

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-12, 11:38 AM
"Sorry," Haruka says, helping the Poliwhirl help Jakob up, "you okay?" she asks once he's up, at the same time he asks his question, causing her to blink, "Um, I just came from there actually, if you'd like to have a look I'm going to the viewing platform to wait for the afternoon match," she says, then smiles at the lad as she leads the way to said viewing platform, "I'm Haruka Salt," she says, offering her name since he did the same. She barely seems to notice the mask.

KujiUn
2013-04-12, 11:44 AM
"Hm. Your Pokemon looks stronger than any of mine, so I don't think I'll do a wager this time." Ban stood at the normal place, taking a breather before sending out Cold Tree. "Let's begin!" And with that, he generates a ball of light in the palm of his hands, releasing it as it turns into a snowball towards the other Pokemon!

Powder Snow:
AC2: [roll0] Freeze on 19+
Damage: [roll1] S-Ice

Cold Tree has a SPD of 10

Esprit15
2013-04-12, 12:35 PM
"Oh, a bit of an Ice user then?" Jehoash sends a whirl of flame at Cold Tree.
Fire Spin
Special, Fire

Lose 7 HP

KujiUn
2013-04-12, 12:50 PM
"Whoa there!" Cold Tree is knocked out by the spin, and Ban goes over to make sure he's still alive. Looks like he is, though, thank goodness. Your Pokemon's move.

Esprit15
2013-04-12, 02:32 PM
"Focus on your aim, Bobbery." Bobbery stops wiggling, focusing on weak points on Ban and his next mon.
Focus Energy
All moves Crit on 17-20

Arcran
2013-04-12, 02:44 PM
"Sorry," Haruka says, helping the Poliwhirl help Jakob up, "you okay?" she asks once he's up, at the same time he asks his question, causing her to blink, "Um, I just came from there actually, if you'd like to have a look I'm going to the viewing platform to wait for the afternoon match," she says, then smiles at the lad as she leads the way to said viewing platform, "I'm Haruka Salt," she says, offering her name since he did the same. She barely seems to notice the mask.

Wait, you're Haruka? he asks astounded. She'd met Raikou! If she knew how to find him, he was that much closer to finding Ho-Oh.

He'd had a conversation planned. He would strike up a conversation, ask about her adventures, then hope that came up. But on the spot like this, that all went out the window.

He grabs her shoulders quickly.

Tell me everything you know about Raikou! he says, his mask distorting his voice to give it a slightly raspy tone.

Smooth, Neptune mutters as he facepalms.

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-12, 03:27 PM
"Eh?" Haruka asks, "I'm surprised people even know about that, I only told Takeshi about it," a little creeped out from the way he reacted, "um, well, we could talk about it in the viewing platform, can't tell you much though," she says. She'd expected something to come from meeting a legendary, but not so soon after, and definitely not something like this, "and can you let go before Lily slits your throat, she's kinda protective of me," true to her words, Lily was standing behind Jakob with one of her arm blades aimed at his neck. It was really the only reason she wasn't completely freaked out at the moment.

KujiUn
2013-04-12, 03:48 PM
Ban quickly switches out Cold Tree, taking out White Cloth, as he raises his hand for another ball! It changes into a loud buzzing noise, which gives the octopus a giant headache!

Bug Buzz:
AC2: [roll0] If hit, -1 ATK CS
Damage: [roll1] S-Bug

Arcran
2013-04-12, 04:14 PM
"Eh?" Haruka asks, "I'm surprised people even know about that, I only told Takeshi about it," a little creeped out from the way he reacted, "um, well, we could talk about it in the viewing platform, can't tell you much though," she says. She'd expected something to come from meeting a legendary, but not so soon after, and definitely not something like this, "and can you let go before Lily slits your throat, she's kinda protective of me," true to her words, Lily was standing behind Jakob with one of her arm blades aimed at his neck. It was really the only reason she wasn't completely freaked out at the moment.

The blade worries Jakob far less than it probably should. Not only was death a constant possibility for him, but his throat being slit would be a merciful end.

Neptune, show her we are not to be trifled with, he commands his comrade.

The command was redundant. The swirl had already began to spin, powering up a Hypnosis. At Jakob's command though, it suddenly stops, and the air chills slightly. The Poliwhirl grabs the Grovyle, and prepares to unleash an Ice Beam into the creature.

Ice Beam!
AC: 2 [roll0] Freeze 19-20.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-12, 04:39 PM
Haruka, Jakob
The Poliwhirl doesn't get a chance to get an attack off, as a mass of silver pushes between the Grovyle and Poliwhirl before wrapping around both of them, and continuing to wrap around and Haruka as well. Once the motion stops, you can tell that you're currently bound by a Steelix. Haruka recognizes Karina's voice as the gym leader says, "Alright... which one of you wants to explain to me just what's going on here, exactly?"

Arcran
2013-04-12, 04:43 PM
Haruka, Jakob
The Poliwhirl doesn't get a chance to get an attack off, as a mass of silver pushes between the Grovyle and Poliwhirl before wrapping around both of them, and continuing to wrap around and Haruka as well. Once the motion stops, you can tell that you're currently bound by a Steelix. Haruka recognizes Karina's voice as the gym leader says, "Alright... which one of you wants to explain to me just what's going on here, exactly?"

Neptune! What are you doing! Jakob shouts angrily. It wasn't going to hurt me! he says, letting go of Hakura.

Maybe next time, he says telepathically. Good job with the quick reaction. The Gym Leader could not have been anticipated.

I was just talking to her, then her Grovyle came out of nowhere and threatened me, Jakob says. My Poliwhirl freaked out and tried to attack. Good thing you intervened, or things could have gotten ugly, Jakob says, trying to sound relieved.

Now can you let me go? Jakob asks, struggling fruitlessly against the cold steel chain.

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-12, 05:05 PM
Haruka looks over, "I came around a corner, bumped into this kid, helped him up, introduced myself, he grabbed me and asked me about a pokemon we encountered on our way here, Lily saw it as a threatening action and tried to get him to back off, I made a comment that was supposed to be sarcastic, but came out more nervous because of my being nervous, and his pokemon tried to attack Lily, complete misunderstanding on both sides."

Esprit15
2013-04-12, 05:18 PM
"Huh...what on Earth are you..." The air goes suddenly very cold, ice crystals flying at Ban.
Icicle Crash
Ice, Physical
AC: [roll0] 4, Flinch on 15-20

KujiUn
2013-04-12, 05:42 PM
Ban is hit by the crystals, almost sealing his fate there. White Cloth, however, thinks not, sending a confusion to the octopus!

Confusion:
AC2: [roll0] Confuses on 19+
Damage: [roll1] S-Psy

Esprit15
2013-04-12, 05:49 PM
"Let's end this a bit lighter. Bubblebeam!" The Octillery sends a deluge of bubbles at the Psychic.
AC: [roll0] 2, Crit on 17-20

If that is still not enough, Jehoash just waits for the mon to send out another attack. The hit on Cold Tree was a bit too excessive, didn't want to come off as just brutal.

BluesEclipse
2013-04-12, 05:52 PM
Haruka, Jakob
Karina sighs, and says, "Right. Just try not to start something next time - or if you ARE going to fight, at least take it to one of the public arenas? Let them go, Chain." The Steelix unwinds from around you, and Karina recalls it, sighing. "Anyway, the match will be starting soon - I trust you two won't start anything here?"

Esprit15
2013-04-12, 06:05 PM
Jehoash looks over Ban as he is beaten down by the bubbles. Hey, gimme a hand with your trainer, he tells the Ralts. Bobbery meanwhile helps heave Ban over Jehoash's shoulder, Bow being let out to give further support as they lug the unconscious man to the Center.

"Hey, got the loser of an Esper battle here."

BluesEclipse
2013-04-12, 06:09 PM
Jehoash, Ban
The nurse nods, and says, "First door on the left... someone will be with you shortly." You head in, and it's not long before a nurse comes in, and quickly sets to tending Ban's wounds, as well as any injuries you might have. Before long, both of you and your Pokémon are healed.

KujiUn
2013-04-12, 06:10 PM
Ban yawns. "That wasn't a good nap. Oh well." He takes a stretch before checking his Pokemon. "So, you use fire and water huh? Must be nice."

Esprit15
2013-04-12, 06:16 PM
"Water and Ice mostly. Just begun to branch out. Took a lot of practice to get a grasp on fire when I spent so long manipulating Water and trying to keep my material cold.

So what exactly do you do? Never seen a Psychic manipulate sound or a Mystic hit that hard."

KujiUn
2013-04-12, 06:25 PM
"I'm a Psychic too! But..." Ban holds out his hand. "I don't specialize in anything. I got my powers really early, and when that happens, they can be a bit... chaotic." Ban nods. "But, I have been getting a new specialty recently! I specialize in dreams!"

Esprit15
2013-04-12, 06:30 PM
"Huh... So like reading minds while people are asleep and such? That's rather...unusual."

KujiUn
2013-04-12, 06:37 PM
"Nope! I can't dive into dreams yet! I hope I can soon, though. But I can manipulate my sleepiness, and even pull things here from the dreams!"

Arcran
2013-04-12, 06:40 PM
Haruka, Jakob
Karina sighs, and says, "Right. Just try not to start something next time - or if you ARE going to fight, at least take it to one of the public arenas? Let them go, Chain." The Steelix unwinds from around you, and Karina recalls it, sighing. "Anyway, the match will be starting soon - I trust you two won't start anything here?"

I wasn't starting anything in the first place, Jakob mutters.

Esprit15
2013-04-12, 06:43 PM
Well, that's interesting. "So... Could you pull a piano from a dream, for example? Or smaller things, mostly?"

KujiUn
2013-04-12, 07:02 PM
"Yep! Let's see if I can do it now..." Ban rubs his hands together, and...

CON check: [roll0]

KujiUn
2013-04-12, 07:06 PM
Ban tries his hardest but... "Nope. Not today, it seems. My power is having an off day, I guess."

Arcran
2013-04-12, 07:20 PM
Free from the Steelix and assuring the Gym Leader that nothing would happen, Jakob turns to Haruka.

Can you still tell me about Raikou? he asks meekly.