PDA

View Full Version : Grimm

The_Admiral
2012-11-18, 09:55 AM
Anyone here watch it? I think the last episode's cliffhanger ending was kinda funny.

Helanna
2012-11-18, 05:59 PM
I'm watching!

I have two questions right now, spoilered just in case:

1) Who did kill Adalind's mother? I forgot.

2) Is there a reason they don't just tell Juliette what's going on? I mean, neither her nor the captain really like what's going on, and the captain was *trying* to get it to stop, so why not just tell her what happened and try to break the curse again? Problems solved all around.

It just seems like it's really unfair to not let Juliette know what's going on. She's currently under a curse that's forcing her to be attracted to/obsessed with a stranger, which is causing her a lot of mental anguish. It just seems like that should be getting more attention.

Drakeburn
2012-11-18, 07:40 PM
I watch it as well. Pretty excited for the new episode next year....

Hiro Protagonest
2012-11-18, 07:56 PM
I'm watching!

2) Is there a reason they don't just tell Juliette what's going on? I mean, neither her nor the captain really like what's going on, and the captain was *trying* to get it to stop, so why not just tell her what happened and try to break the curse again? Problems solved all around.

It just seems like it's really unfair to not let Juliette know what's going on. She's currently under a curse that's forcing her to be attracted to/obsessed with a stranger, which is causing her a lot of mental anguish. It just seems like that should be getting more attention.

1) ...You seriously forgot? Let me give you a hint. It was a Grimm that was thought to be dead.

2) You remember how she acted last time? Yeah. Now consider the fact that Nick is no longer someone she's been on good terms with for months. I don't know if it's the best reasoning, but I think her reaction is still fresh in Nick's mind, and Monroe is unwilling to make the call.

---

I'm confused about the amnesia thing. Didn't Juliette get her memories of Nick back the episode she met Renard? Did they retcon that, or honestly forget about it, or decide that only some stuff is back while not spelling it out for us? Because she's still acting like he's not in her memories (I don't think she remembers that Nick is the one who brought her to Monroe's).

The_Admiral
2012-11-18, 09:34 PM
1) ...You seriously forgot? Let me give you a hint. It was a Grimm that was thought to be dead.

2) You remember how she acted last time? Yeah. Now consider the fact that Nick is no longer someone she's been on good terms with for months. I don't know if it's the best reasoning, but I think her reaction is still fresh in Nick's mind, and Monroe is unwilling to make the call.

---

I'm confused about the amnesia thing. Didn't Juliette get her memories of Nick back the episode she met Renard? Did they retcon that, or honestly forget about it, or decide that only some stuff is back while not spelling it out for us? Because she's still acting like he's not in her memories (I don't think she remembers that Nick is the one who brought her to Monroe's).

From what I gather, she got back very disjointed bits and pieces of it, not enough to build a narrative.

Lord Seth
2012-11-18, 09:54 PM
Anyone here watch it? I think the last episode's cliffhanger ending was kinda funny.I hadn't quite finished the episode, but I did go back and finish it after this, and I was looking at the episode and wondering "okay, so what was funny about this? I don't see..." and then it happened and I laughed hard.

Giggling Ghast
2012-11-20, 02:17 PM
I'm watching!

1) Mama Burkhardt.

2) Well, Nick tried once. She thought he was crazy.

Might I say that Adalind Schade is just a delightful villain? She's so deliciously evil!

Helanna
2012-11-20, 09:41 PM

1) Mama Burkhardt.

Okay, right, totally blanked on that.

And yeah, Juliette thought he was crazy before, but that's because he'd been acting weird for months and then suddenly started gibbering about monsters. What they should do now is sit down with her - Nick, Monroe, maybe Rosalee(?) and Hank so she know's it's not just Nick - and say "Okay, this is going to sound crazy, but . . ." and explain the whole thing, then have Monroe and Rosalee show her. Make a point of how this explains her coma (and the weird amnesia type nobody's ever heard of) and sudden obsession with Renard, maybe bring up a few of the weird cases Nick's been getting recently and point out how the wesen thing explains them.

Then she's in the loop, knows why she's having these weird feelings, and can fight them, maybe find a cure. Sorry, I'm still pretty squicked about the whole 'forced attraction' thing, and I don't see it going good places. Not to mention that she may still be a target for anyone looking to get at Nick - she should really know about that, these are nasty people he's dealing with.

Xondoure
2012-11-20, 11:01 PM
Okay, right, totally blanked on that.

And yeah, Juliette thought he was crazy before, but that's because he'd been acting weird for months and then suddenly started gibbering about monsters. What they should do now is sit down with her - Nick, Monroe, maybe Rosalee(?) and Hank so she know's it's not just Nick - and say "Okay, this is going to sound crazy, but . . ." and explain the whole thing, then have Monroe and Rosalee show her. Make a point of how this explains her coma (and the weird amnesia type nobody's ever heard of) and sudden obsession with Renard, maybe bring up a few of the weird cases Nick's been getting recently and point out how the wesen thing explains them.

Then she's in the loop, knows why she's having these weird feelings, and can fight them, maybe find a cure. Sorry, I'm still pretty squicked about the whole 'forced attraction' thing, and I don't see it going good places. Not to mention that she may still be a target for anyone looking to get at Nick - she should really know about that, these are nasty people he's dealing with.

Problem is, since she's lost her memories of Nick, she can't really be trusted with that information. :/

Silkspinner
2012-11-24, 11:54 AM
I got through the first ten episodes or so and finally just quit on it. It was kinda agonizing. Does it get better?

BRC
2012-11-27, 01:46 PM
I got through the first ten episodes or so and finally just quit on it. It was kinda agonizing. Does it get better?

Depends what you find agonizing about it. It certainly improves, but not to an overwhelming degree. It's still largely a cop show with CGI monsterfaces, though in season 2 they start doing a little worldbulding.
If you had specific complaints, I could tell you if they are addressed, but if you don't really like the show, season 2 isn't going to convince you otherwise.