PDA

View Full Version : Abomination god

Moonlitdreams
2012-11-20, 12:55 AM
The air in the forest warps and a (currently) fifteen foot tall Hecantocheires strides with purpose in through a portal that rips open. He wears a suit of iron full plate blackened to the color of ash and a red-orange-yellow-brown cloak that floats in the non-existent wind and makes him appear far larger than he is. He is flanked by two other Hecantocheires, and all three snap into one with a flick of the original's wrist. All of his heads breath deeply of the fresh air and he smiles at the deafening march of armies nearly innumerable marching out of the portal behind him. Briareos has arrived.

Reaching into the heavens, three demiplanes are set within the local Astral Plane, two large and one small. One is the godly realm, another a fast-time plane, and the third a small, neutral meeting place.

"Well, brothers... we have a lot of work ahead of us." He flies up and looks to see if his arrival has been noticed.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-20, 01:15 AM
His arrival was, As The Forest Jungle around him is teeming with Lizardfolk which quickly Dissapear into the Verdent Green.
Floating above the canopy would provide a view of Miles of green trees, To his far Right, He can spot a Small clearing (At this distance) with what appears to be sparkly Objects.

Moonlitdreams
2012-11-20, 01:31 AM
Anaxim and Xixecal trample through the thick jungle undergrowth, Phanes and Atropals float in between the trees, a group of Dream Larva tower over the canopy... and that is only the beginning. His armies are vast, and this is only what he has with him and not in the godly realm.

Upon sighting the sparkly things, Briareos leaves his brothers to mass the armies and keep them under control while he instantly teleports over to investigate.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-20, 02:24 AM
To Briareos Brothers: As they mass teh Armies, A Lone Lizardfolk Steps from the Jungle, Which apparently Conceled him.

Beside him is what appears to be a cross between a Massive T-Rex, And a Powerful, Non-winged Dragon.

The Thing:
The creature standing before you at first appears to be a Lizardfolk , But the subtle diffrances make themselves known.
One of the first things that you see is a Killer Claw on each of his feet, while His talons (Hands) are much longer then they should be.
His tail Ends In a bony, Scythe shaped protrusion, with small drop-lits of a green liquid fall, And A poison sac is just before it (Think Wyrven Tail)
His head has many sharp, bone spikes running the length of his back, down to the tip of his tail

He Holds a Elegant Spear in his right hand, and has many weapons arrayed upon his back, And His Left carries a shield.

He Identifies himself as Nortumal, And Demands to know why you are on his lands.

Moonlitdreams
2012-11-20, 02:39 AM
An avatar leaves Briareos to deal with the question by another god.

Briareos:

"My name is Briareos and I have just arrived to this world with my people. I was not aware my portal would transport me to an occupied area. How much of this jungle is yours?"
He does not have any visible weapons.

Brothers:

The armies and the brothers turn, and the brothers step forward. They inquire as to who the newcomers are and what they want.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-20, 07:05 PM
I am Nortumal, I Am lord of All the Lustira Jungle, Which you are now in.
Lay down your weapons, Leave, Or Commence War.

Moonlitdreams
2012-11-24, 10:55 PM
OOC:

I need some more information before I can reply to that. What happens with the creatures near Briareos' brothers? Again, Briareos carries no visible weapons, nor any that can be seen with spot or whatever hidden in his clothes.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-25, 12:30 AM
Briareos and His brothers are all at the same Area right?
Then they see the same thing, And hear it as well.

Moonlitdreams
2012-11-25, 12:54 AM
You said the other brothers were being approached by a lizardman and t-rex thing, so I assumed it was different.

To Briareos Brothers: As they mass teh Armies, A Lone Lizardfolk Steps from the Jungle, Which apparently Conceled him.

Beside him is what appears to be a cross between a Massive T-Rex, And a Powerful, Non-winged Dragon.

However, Briareos:

"We will leave, I give you my word." It is not worth a confrontation so soon and for such poor land. He concentrates for a moment and the generals of the army mass them into quick formations, the abominations nearly piling atop each other with readiness.

"I guess this means you are not willing to talk, hm?" His lip ticks, and if the king does not reply, he teleports away to meet his troops.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-25, 12:58 AM
You said the other brothers were being approached by a lizardman and t-rex thing, so I assumed it was different.

However, Briareos:

"We will leave, I give you my word." It is not worth a confrontation so soon and for such poor land. He concentrates for a moment and the generals of the army mass them into quick formations, the abominations nearly piling atop each other with readiness.

"I guess this means you are not willing to talk, hm?" His lip ticks, and if the king does not reply, he teleports away to meet his troops.

OoC His LIP WHATS???

"I am willing to talk, Now that you are leaving".

Moonlitdreams
2012-11-25, 01:21 AM
Ooc: His lip ticks. You know, like the start of a smile that doesn't go through? Eh, whateve.r

"Very well." He sends a message and his brothers step into the middle of the armies, raising their great arms before all the abominations disappear at once in a flash of light. Briareos is the only one left, but he does not look concerned.

"I shall follow them as soon as we finish here. If you would be so kind, I am curious... what is the position of you and your nation in this world? Who else is here?"

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-25, 01:35 AM
"I am the Loyal servent Of the GodWyrm, Izeldias.
I have the Highest Standing of All, From past deeds.
Other Nations, Of which their are few of our Power, But are cunning, And Ruthless."
No emotion, Nothing is coming off of the Lizardfolk.

greenpotato
2012-11-26, 04:40 PM
A group of 1001 human warriors is walking towards your burgeoning camp, one of their number carries a large white banner with the symbol of a golden wheel with a woman's face at it's hub and naked humans comprising it's rim.
The humans are clad in full plate and each has that same symbol emblazoned in gold upon his breastplate.

Moonlitdreams
2012-11-26, 09:30 PM
to Shady

The lack of emotion is strange, so Briareos looks at the lizardfolk with eyes of Truth (True Seeing and all divine senses on him).

"Izeldias? Very well. I send him greetings as well. Let it be known that the nation of the Collective of Brothers has arrived to this world."

--
To green

The camp the humans approach is on the shore of the continent to the south of the island of the Far Realmian God. The land around is grassland plains with scattered hills, the beginnings of large fortresses being constructed on them in the distance.

The group is met by thirty deformed birds with many many wings, sweeping down from the sky, and four beings that are closer to the size of humans, but with the appearance of constructs. One of them steps forward and speaks, his voice like gravel. "This land is claimed. What is your business here?"

Are the humans armed?

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-26, 10:07 PM
"I Shall be glad to."
True Seeing: still nothing, He actually Has none.
You realize that about four Lizardfolk were behind you, With spears.
They Branch off, And Leave through The Jungle.

greenpotato
2012-11-27, 12:20 AM
"Greetings, I am Champak Dogra of the Himayata of land of Syang'baddan, representative of the Raaj, Child of the Mother of Men and servant to Finglythil. We come as an envoy of peace to your lands"

They all carry two-handed melee weapons except for the one who introduced himself, he carries the banner.

Moonlitdreams
2012-11-27, 01:44 AM
To Shady:

Nodding to the lizardfolk once more, Briareos steps back and makes good on his word to leave - he teleports out. Joining his people on the shore of the eastern continent (the land I claimed), he raises his hands and walls off the land.

More construction to come. I'll get you more details when I'm awake.

To Green:

The birds rattle their wings and the constructs look at each other. "An envoy of peace, here? For... an embassy, or what? And who is Finglythil?"

greenpotato
2012-11-27, 02:16 AM
"Indeed, we come from a vast humanoid empire to the [west]"(ooc: not sure about relative direction) He seems somewhat bemuzed that you don't know who Finglythil is "Finglythil is the Mother of Men, true Goddess of all humans. Her avatar sits upon the ruby throne in the great temple of Syang'baddan city. May I ask who you serve?"

Moonlitdreams
2012-11-27, 11:19 PM
A few younger of the birds start cackling until they are hushed by being whacked by the older ones. The constructs look somber, and their metallic gauntlets clank together with blades and crossbows woven into their artificial flesh and they cross their arms. "In the manner that you speak of, we do not serve. You have come to the wrong place if you seek groveling worshippers. I will not serve. We are led by Briareos, Son of the Sky and Liberator and Destroyer of Pantheons - but we do not serve those that have cast us out. Envoys of peace we can accept, but do not bring your temples into this land."

OOC:
To be clear, he's not drawing weapons, just folding his arms and that makes them clink metallicly. Also, I have no idea the Knowledge DC needed to identify what an Abomination in this sense is, but I expect at least one of your guys could make it.

greenpotato
2012-11-27, 11:38 PM
The ambassador seems puzzled "My faith should be no concern of yours noble.. bird.. thing. Just as your faith is no business of mine. Surely nations need not automatically be enemies just because their belief system differs?."

OOC
How can you be Atheist or anti-religion in a game where a cleric can cast cure light wounds? And yes I am aware of the origins of abominations

Moonlitdreams
2012-11-27, 11:47 PM
The bird ruffles her feathers. "I did not say we must be enemies. I only say that we would not have you presume to impose your faith upon us."

OOC:

How can you be Atheist or anti-religion in a game where a cleric can cast cure light wounds?

How can there be a class like Ur-Priest or Clerics of a cause? Faith has power, but not all faith is in a deity. To be clear, they are not atheists. They fully acknowledge the existence of gods, but they consider themselves the spurned sons of gods, and why would they serve what has cast them off?

ShadowFireLance
2012-12-06, 11:38 PM
May I please get some details on construction?