PDA

View Full Version : Soragakure: Testaments, Trials and Tribulations

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-23, 04:22 AM
Amon

It's somewhere in the neighborhood of three A.M, and Amon is just entering the main foyer from the front door. For whatever reason Amon is dirty, and her clothing is a mess. She seems to have been out running through the forest, as she has several tears in her clothes. She's also rather tired, and seems to have run herself out of stamina.

Amon has 6 non-lethal damage on her.

Yousuke

Two fairies started banging on his door at 2:30 in the morning. If he wasn't already awake and dressed in his uniform, then they both continued to harass Yousuke until he did wake. One with dark green hair knocked insistently on his door, while her dark blue haired companion pounded his window with her tiny fist. Both of them are very thorough, and do not allow the young genin a moment of rest past 2:30. They both continued to harass the young genin until he woke, and then politely informed him to get into his uniform and head downstairs. He has work to do now that he's a maid.

If Yousuke doesn't follow, then the two fairies drag him along with their arms.

Yousuke and Amon

Yousuke arrives just in time to see Amon enter. The two fairies give up at this point, throw their arms in the air, then just go about their business as maids. Both genin are left to their own devices as the fairies dart away to get busy breaking things, making messes, then fixing things and cleaning up just to do it all over again. All the fairies are generally useless until Suzunabu wakes up.

Team Cybele

It's six hours(9 A.M) after whatever Amon and Yousuke discussed that morning. Suzunabu rouses herself from slumber, and drags herself downstairs in order to start preparing breakfast. Naturally, she makes no attempt to converse with any genin, nor does she respond if spoken to. She seems to be sleep-walking, or so dead tired that dragging herself around is the only way for her to get moving. Regardless, the guard-turned-maid slowly meanders toward the kitchen until she's able to find the coffee pot and the stove. Soon she's started the coffee pot, turned on the stove, and dug out ingredients to make breakfast. Neither Satoko nor Remilia have made any appearances, and neither of them are morning people given Suzunabu's glacial speed concerning breakfast.

The genin are left to their own devices whilst Suzunabu gradually gets up to speed. Sune woke up at five A.M sharp, and immediately went outside to start her morning training regiment. Even now the young girl is sitting out at the dock and meditating. Camille woke shortly after Sune, but was substantially less aware and capable. The young girl dragged herself into the kitchen for a drink, then dragged herself back to her room. Whatever was going on at the mansion it seemed that Camille no longer needed to put in the same kind of work as Sune to control her curse, but at the same time it made her lethargic so early in the morning.

Team Maaya

The morning rose quietly on your last day of travel. The group has been trekking through the Grass Country for the last day whilst hunting down the wayward Team Cybele. A message arrived at Soragakure sometime ago concerning an enemy attack, and Central finally graced the three of you with a non-menial labor mission by dispatching Team Maaya to find out what happened. Maaya's still Maaya, and seems rather unimpressed with the group's pace so far. An hour after breaking camp you finally arrive at a wide river. Maaya stops the group, then points to the north. The group skirts the river until they come to a small canyon created by the river's flow. Dense trees grow between the canyon's walls, and the group enters the sparse forest quietly. The river eventually brings them to a much thicker forest, which seems to protect a large Mansion (http://i.imgur.com/ZseEA.jpg). The tall structure juts out of the riverbank majestically. The canyon wall behind it protects it from any attacks from the rear, and the river's bend covers any attempt to approach from the front. Maaya points out a small dock built onto their side of the river, and then points to the mansion. The group would need to travel across the river with the boat, or use their chakra to walk across, and expose themselves to anyone watching from the Mansion.

Maaya stops the group, then points to the dock once more. "Looks like someone's on the dock." And sure enough Team Maaya can all spot a small purple-haired girl with quite long hair meditating at the end of the dock. Maaya directs the group's attention back to the mansion. "That's where the other team was going. We didn't see them on the way over, so maybe we should ask if they arrived."

Bad Situation
2012-11-23, 06:14 AM
With somewhat practiced ease, Yousuke wakes to the pounding and gets himself dressed in the uniform provided by the House staff. At least the fairies had the courtesy to knock. His grandfather had always much preferred grabbing him by the collar and throwing him into the dojo for their impromptu training sessions. Then again, his grandfather was part of the reason he was caught up in this whole mess. "I really shouldn't have taken the bait..." As it turned out, he truly was of his grandfather's blood. Apparently he inherited all of his grandfather's youthful pride, but unfortunately, none of the physical strength to back it up. "Why did mother have to be so slim..."

But, he had failed his task and that was that. Like the fool Satoko had told him he was, he had dug his own grave and now it was his job, literally, to lie in it. At the very least he would suffer his punishment with pride befitting a swordsman. There was pride in humble defeat, at the very least. Youki had said as much. Tying on his apron with graceful flourish, the the swordsman turned maid departs from the room and nods in greeting to the fairy maids. Knowing their... particular brand of efficacy, he was sure to have a long day ahead of him.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-23, 06:34 AM
Amon is dazed fro a moment, blinking as she realises where she is - the entry hall. And she feels like she's run for miles... "Wh-what...? D-did I sleep walk?" She looks herself over, trying to figure it all out. It isn't long before she hears Yousuke coming though - in a panic she can't really explain she rifles through her bag, finding her travelling cloak. She pulls it over herself, hiding the various cuts and bruises of travel - not even realising that wearing a big baggy cloak may be even more suspicious until it's already covering herself.

She clears her throat as Yousuke approaches, bowing lightly to him. "Uh, hi... Konpaku-san." She doesn't even notice his costume at first. "Um, quite night for a stroll isn't it? Just couldn't sleep, y'know... what time is it?" she asks.

Bluff check: "everything is oooo-kay". [roll0]

Amon shakes herself, trying to readjust her mood as she takes a few steps into the foyer, thinking she'll go to her room, but stops at Yousuke, a little hesitant. She looks to the ground, in her usual routine of shame, but stops, snapping her head back up in a blush as she finally notices Yousuke's clothes. She doesn't comment on them but is obviously flustered. "Hey, um, sorry I couldn't beat the challenge for you, Yousuke-kun. Maybe I can try and win your contract so you can come back to town with us...?" she suggests. Her thoughts did seem to be half-elsewhere, but Yousuke was doing well to inadvertently ground them

Bad Situation
2012-11-24, 01:28 AM
Brusquely, Yousuke waves away her offer and shakes his head. "Honestly, I am glad that you failed to win in my place. A victory won on someone else's merit is not a victory at all as far as I am concerned. I have been been given a punishment for my rash behavior and I intend to see it through with the pride of a Konpaku clansman. If Satoko-dono sees fit to lighten my punishment, she will do so but I will not besmirch my grandfather's name by begging for my release."

Seeing Amon before him, the swordsman remembers his grandfather's parting words, and looks at the older genin with a pained look in his eyes. "Yamana-san...I...must apologize for the way I have treated you over the past few weeks. You have been trying...very hard to adapt to the shinobi lifestyle and...I have not been giving you the benefit of the doubt. I sometimes forget that not everybody has been lucky enough to be born into a clan with a warrior tradition. Seeing Camille and the civilian Euryale suffering through their curse...has really put things into perspective."

Smiling slightly, he unties his headband and pushes it into Amon's hands. "So I just wanted to apologize. I had not intended on apologizing to you, but if I am to truly serve my sentence at the mansion for the next year I would like for our parting to be on more equitable terms. With me gone, somebody must lead the team. Houshi is...not ready to take command so I feel I must leave this to you. No matter what I have said to you in the past, I do believe you are quite the capable kunoichi."

"So I would like to entrust you with my headband. For safekeeping. When I return to Soragakure in a year's time I will of course be asking for its return. Can I trust that you will care for it?"

Cespenar
2012-11-24, 03:24 AM
"Looks... ominous," Momo mumbles after watching the mansion for several seconds. "Do we know who lives there?" she asks Maaya.

"Let's ask the girl, then," she suggests the obvious, and starts on that path unless someone stops her.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-24, 05:18 AM
When Yousuke speaks of his sentence, Amon looks rather sad. "It's a shame... you just got your mum back and you won't be able to even see her for a year. I know you don't trust me much, but is there any errands you need me to take care of for you? I figure I'd at least retrieve that sword for your family..."

Yousuke's sudden swell of apology stirs something in the young kunoichi as everything else in her heart is pushed aside. The slight incline as Amon looks up to Yousuke seems to heighten as her knees shake - for once she's left without words and it seems like it's caused a pressure build up of sentiments in her somehow. She puts out her hand to take the headband when it's offered, but hesitates, as if accepting the band would somehow be what damned Yousuke to his fate in these halls. When he speaks of trust though, she finally accepts it, if only to not insult him. "Yousuke-kun..." Amon pushes her cloak aside, exposing her arm for a few moments. There are a number of cuts and bruises there that weren't there when Yousuke last saw. In a similar fashion to Yousuke when he bore Amon's headband, she ties it around her bicep, making sure it's nice and secure before she lets the cloak fall over it again. "Thank you for the trust, I think..."

Her lips quiver a bit as she takes a step towards Yousuke. "I've been a shinobi for a while but I was never used to... all this. The killing, the powerlessness, the responsibility... my old team was almost like a hobby until..." She looks pained again, falling silent as she grips the mutilated hand, but unlike usual forces herself to continue. "Talking with Sune made me realise that... I need to get the story that's been eating at me out in the open. Maybe then I can.... but it felt wrong to tell her, to tell just anyone. Please, Yousuke, if this is how we part, I would like you to know why I... why I feel so dirty all the time...Why O think I'm always such a burden. It's not like you knowing it would have... added to the burden I give you anyway"

She momentarily spreads her arms to the side as if to hug Yousuke as she advances, but stops herself, realising she can only ask so much. "But then, I would also like you to call me Amon, so maybe I'm just pushing my luck... It's just the thought of not seeing you again makes me feel..." She blushes miserably

Jacior
2012-11-24, 04:31 PM
Manabu nods. "If we're expected, then we might as well just go in the front way. But if we're not... We should go around." He looks at the mansion accross the water. "It's a nice place, anyway. You have to admit that." He ran his fingers through his hair, which he had gotten cut short after their last mission.

Bad Situation
2012-11-24, 10:36 PM
Face softening, Yousuke opens his arms to hug Amon but when she draws near he uses his quicker reflexes to flick at her forehead rustle her hair into a mess. "Please refrain from telling me. I do not particularly care for the reasons you believe yourself to be a burden. Although I personally have very little respect for the civilian outlook that you bring to the shinobi life, I have never seen you as a burden and neither do sensei and Houshi. And if the people who are purportedly being burdened by you do not share your sentiments then your argument itself does not hold water."

Arms crossed, he continues, "The only person you hold back with your negativity is yourself, not the team. I will not hear your story Yam-Amon. While I do harbor respect your ability to recover from hardships, I must regret to inform you that you will find no such sympathy in me. Missions go wrongs, sometimes beyond our wildest expectations. And dealing with them is part of our life. Our responsibility, no less. My sympathy goes out for Camille, who was all but forced into her curse, but not for you. Not for somebody who is supposed to be a proud shinobi of Soragakure. So I will tell you what my grandfather told me after I came to him with my failings."

Expression hardening, Yousuke places a firm but comforting hand on Amon's shoulder. "Give. Up. Or get over it. Whether you knew it or not, this was the kind of life you signed up for the second you enrolled in the Academy's ninja program. If you believe that success will come to you without having tasted the bitter pill of defeat then you are truly mistaken."

"Having suffered failure it is then your personal responsibility to pull yourself out of the dirt. Or alternatively you may simply give up and lie down in the squalid quagmire of your pessimism. Others are welcome to assist you, as I am attempting to do now, but in the end the person who decides to climb can only be yourself. And if you choose to emerge, you learn from your mistakes to ensure that it never happens again."

"You have proven to me that you can learn. You certainly have the aptitude, that much is known. But do you have the will, Amon?"

Princess Tracy
2012-11-25, 06:20 AM
She flinches a little as he suddenly reaches out to her hair, but doesn't resist his meddling, blushing for just a moment to find him toying with her so childishly. Amon purses her lips, remaining silent throughout much of Yousuke's speech. Her eyes sparkle as she stare into his while he speaks of how she's not a burden, but from her uncomfortable shuffling it's clear she doesn't believe him somehow.

When Yousuke's stance hardens back to normal though, Amon stares into space in pained contemplation, not really able to find the words... when he once again suggests she give up, her eyes widen and she generally acts like she's been stabbed in the gut, but she still doesn't meet Yousuke's gaze again.

At his last question she whimpers as she tries to speak, before going silent a moment and gathering herself, looking him in the eye at last. Tears were forming now. "Yousuke... you don't understand, I didn't merely 'fail'. That's why I thought I need to tell you because you don't... get it!" Amon's cracking voice sddenly gives way to a high pitched squeal as she grabs him by the shirt. She tries and fails to hold back her crying, bt can't help but bawl a little as she speaks... "I tried Yousuke, but I... I can't get over it myself, I'm not like you... my family won't hear and wouldn't understand a shinobi and I... I've already tried for so long, for two years, to get over it...I-it's all I think about anymore, it's eating away at me and lately... it feels like I'm losing my mind, like I'm falling through the ground because I'm so alone..."

She lets him go, looking frightened as she backs away a few steps. She tries to say something, but closes her mouth again, spinning around so she doesn't have to face him. "Please then Yousuke... it's okay for you to help just this once, right? I... I can't just get over it. I... I don't think I even want to, to forget my guilt, how would I even be worthy of life... When I saved your life, it felt for a moment like... like I'd redeemed myself, like I didn't have to worry anymore, but... I hated that feeling because it's not right, it's not fair that I be happy, while they..." She sniffs, peculiarly saying "I.. I like the way you look at me with hatred. It's so hard to endure, it makes me feel like I'm dying, feels like you're honest, like I - like I'm getting what I deserve"

She stops crying a moment, her back still turned to Yousuke as she holds her voice still in a complete monotone. "It isn't that I couldn't help them Yousuke. It's that I chose not to." She turns her head back so her eye can just see him as her voice gives way to a crack again. "I... the people I love, those friends who I cherished, those people that stood by me even though they already had every reason to hate me, Omki, Kaoru, Sensei... I retreated from battle, Yousuke." She swallows. "All my life all I ever wanted to be was a hero, someone like you, Yousuke, someone who's strong and brave but... when my nakama were at their gravest, I panicked. I sooner crawled away from battle than save my friends even as they begged me to help." With the truth out there, she collapses to her knees, burying her face in her hands. "You see Yousuke," she musters the last of her strength to say, muffled by her hands as she cries. "I don't want you to feel sorry for me, how could I when even your suffering is far greater than my own, and Camille's and Cybele's and... All my suffering... I brought it on myself so I can't complain. Yet I... yet..." She doesn't know what she wanted, she just felt the need to say it all before it ripped her apart from the inside. Hate me, it's all I want Yousuke, she lies to herself. In truth, while she would never admit it to herself, she would give anything to feel even a little loved at that moment. "I'm a traitor... to those I loved..."

Amon gives enough pregnant pauses that Yousuke can cut her off any time, but he probably shouldn't unless he intends to hear it eventually. Otherwise you won't get the Amon Good Ending :smallsmile:

zeone3000
2012-11-25, 04:00 PM
Houshi woke up remembering that he was in the mansion. He didn't know what to do with himself today. He gets up and heads to the kitchen. Maybe something in his stomach will get his brain working.

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-25, 07:17 PM
Houshi

The kitchen has Suzunabu and a pair of fairies cooking away at... something. If the young man wants breakfast immediately then one of the fairies goes to find some bread. However, he'll likely have to wait for a more serious meal.

Team Maaya

"Supposedly the Dragon Sage lives there. I've never met him, so I don't know."

Maaya nods at Momo and Manabu's suggestions. "Through the front door it is." Maaya starts walking out over the water, and raises her hands as she does so in order to demonstrate that she is not a danger. If the genin follow, then she carries on straight toward the girl. If one or more of the genin require the boat rather than water-walk their way across, then Maaya waits for the boat to move and keeps pace with it instead of going off on her own. Either way, Team Maaya slowly make their way across the river.

When they get closer Team Maaya spots the purple-haired girl is wearing an older ANBU uniform, but the uniform doesn't match the same type as Sora's ANBU. She bears a Soragakure headband wrapped around her left leg. Her long purple hair reaches well past her waist, and bunches up on the ground behind her. Her thin and child-like figure is that of a young teenager, and she keeps both of her eyes closed as she meditates about something or the other. The young girl doesn't open her eyes as she speaks. "I hope you guys are friendly, 'cause this is the wrong house to rob if you aren't."

Maaya defers to the sky-genin. After all, it was their mission rather than hers.

Bad Situation
2012-11-25, 09:28 PM
Yousuke listens to Amon talk on end, staring back at her with muted disinterest as she gets increasingly emotional. "Well, that's something I certainly won't miss about her..." When she finally finishes vomiting up her story, the swordsman sighs and places his hands on his hips. "And? How exactly do you propose that I help you? You are asking me to aid you in, what exactly? To hate you? You will be disappointed to hear that I have none to give. Regardless of the way you feel about yourself, I at least, am grateful for your medical knowledge. I know not of your former teammates and neither do I care if they are unhappy in their death. I do not have the ability to turn back the clock nor am I capable of absolving you of your apparent sins. I do not thank you for it enough but I do think highly of your medical jutsu, even if you do not share my sentiment. I am alive because of your timely rescue. Does this redeem you? I have no idea. It is something you must ask of yourself."

Scowling, he continues. "You believe me to be a hero. Why is that? I have done nothing to merit this recognition. Nothing short of following my orders. This does not make me a hero, it simply makes me a tool of the village. So no. It's you who doesn't understand. I have never claimed to 'get' you. Not once. And even now that I do know your story, nothing has changed! Do you believe yourself to be the only person in this world who suffers from self-doubt? That you alone have come to regret the decision to run away? I am sorry to say that the world you and I live in, breeds that kind of suffering. Everybody has their own issues to sort through, not just you. A swordsm- a shinobi comes to terms with his demons or dies trying to fight them. And as harsh as it may sound, my advice stands. You either get up and move on with your life or you may wallow in self-pity until the day comes when your guilt-addled mind becomes the death of you."

Crossing his arms again, Yousuke looks down on Amon's form with something resembling pity. "But before I leave you, let me ask. Have you betrayed me with your cowardice? I have heard quite the contrary. So if that is the extent of your traitorous aims, then I highly suggest you resign before you save yet another life."

With that said he turns away sharply and heads into the kitchen to report to Suzunabu. "I have work to do now, goodbye."

Jacior
2012-11-26, 02:53 AM
Manabu stands with his hands at his sides as the girl speaks. "We do not come bearing ill intentions. We are Soragakure Team 3 on a mission to locate Team 5." He says quietly in the morning air. "We would ever consider robbery. It would be a disgrace to the Village."

Princess Tracy
2012-11-26, 04:11 AM
Post withdrawn

Amon shudders. What is this feeling. How could I possibly feel disappointment? What was I expecting? From Yousuke's harsh tone and unrelenting speech, Amon is left with one last sentiment unsaid, one he almost addresses, yet in the end it is left hanging. "Yousuke..." She's about to say something when he gives his last sentiment of her saving lives. Before it can really set in that he doesn't think of her as a burden, Amon panics a bit to see him go. Getting up from her kneeling position, she goes after him a bit. taking him lightly by the hand. "Why, Yousuke, why do you...?" the words leave her and she's left to stand there for a bit, holding Yousuke in place. "I'm sorry to put you on the spot like that," she says in vein justification, looking to the floor as she does her best to stop the tears. Why did I think saying it out loud would help? Because I hadn't tried it before? "I'm sorry... I know my despair a mockery of despair itself. It's just it feels like I can't trust myself if that makes any sense, I..." She realises she's rambling again, and stops, releasing him. She still doesn't look at him, knowing her face is a mess of tears.

"It felt weird back in Alice's... when I saw you cry and throw down your blades. It made me want to help. Is that weird? But of course, family business..." She forces her voice to at last be stable. "I hate team mates being so distant." She finally releases him. "I'm sorry."

There's a jingling as Amon removes a box from her person and hands it to Yousuke. She hands the little black jewellery box to him. "Deliver this to Camille, would you?" she finally tilts her head up, but looks to the side away from Yousuke in thought. "I got her mad at me so she doesn't want to see me again, but I went to all the trouble of making this so I might as well give it to her."

She turns away from him awkwardly, letting him go to the kitchen as she just stands there, waiting for him to leave. "Is it wrong for a shinobi to be true to their feelings?" she asks before he can go. "I like the feeling I get when I protect you, but I'm so afraid of... Never mind." She gives a shiver as she verbally lets him go, wondering why she keeps coming to him. "I don't think I can do this any more..."

If Yousuke says nothing,
In one last show of neediness, if Yousuke leaves without further comment, then halfway down the corridor she shouts at the top of her lungs "Is it so wrong that I'd want you to save me!?" The words seem natural at the time but as soon as they're out there, shame hits her and she runs away. back to her room, where even in her exhaustion she struggles (but ultimately succeeds) in going to sleep

Otherwise
If Yousuke leaves her there, she depart to her room, stopping to sob every now and then before descending into her bed, too exhausted to do anything but sleep, sleep as long as it felt natural...[/SPOILER]

Cespenar
2012-11-26, 08:10 AM
Momo nods at Manabu's opening, and continues.

"And you are...?"

Unless I know who she is with a Ninja Lore check of 18.

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-26, 08:28 AM
Team Maaya

The purple-haired girl just laughs at Momo's question. "The first person who doesn't think I'm my sister is one of the two people my sister hangs out with the most." Considering Momo has seen that purple hair on precisely one person before, it isn't hard for the young Uchiha to connect the dots and figure out that the girl before them is related to her maid.

Nonetheless, the girl just shrugs. "Sounds like a hassle. I hear they move around a lot, ya know?" Obviously she has no intentions of introducing herself, nor does she seem to address anyone on Team Maaya in particular. Instead, her eyes remain firmly closed and she maintains her meditative stance.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-26, 08:32 AM
Amon sits on her knees, still with her face in her hands, crying ever more softly as Yousuke speaks; the only acknowledgement she gives is the occassional nervous shiver. What was I expecting - what did I want? Did I think if I told someone as a change from telling no one it would make a difference. "Th-there's more to my betrayal than that..." she says at one point, something horrific in mind but that's all she elaborates for the time being.

She only turns around at his last sentiment, before he starts to leave. "You... think I'm good at saving lives?" Her eyes are red and dry. I cry too much, don't I. I'm just annoying him, amen't I? What did I expect...? She finally stands, looking over her shoulder at Yousuke an seeming to hug herself. "Yousuke... I'm sorry. All I ever wanted was... to feel like I belonged somewhere, you know? On my old team... when I was young it was always my dream of being a ninja, of helping people, of being strong enough to make a name for myself and protect what I love. On my old team, I had friends... a family, even, people who stood by me enough that I was comfortable pursuing my dream to its fullest. I wish I could go back to that time..." You'd think I'd have learned to stop telling him things he doesn't care about. "So, it's just bad luck that you ended up on the same team as me; I'd have badgered whoever I wound up with into association."

She finally swivels around to face him fully as he goes. "This will sound crude no matter how I say it, but... would you feel as comfortable being a swordsman if not for you grandfather's love? Family's important to you, Yousuke, I can tell..." She whimpers. "Family's important to me too, which is why this is so hard... Like you said, i have no history of ninja or heroics in my family - my parents have practically disowned me for my profession. Maybe that shouldn't matter, but it does to me - I've no one who understands our ways as Shinobi, no one to encourage me or even point me in the right direction when I'm lost. Maybe you're not a hero but..." She blushes, pressing her nose between her forefinger and thumb as she clamps her eyes, thinking. "...But I'm jealous," she shamefully admits.

"Sorry, Yousuke, I'm just getting on your nerves with my problems - my whining about my feelings hasn't gotten me anywhere yet, I'm not sure why I expected it to. Since you're staying here anyway, I guess it doesn't even matter if we get on, right?" Giving a smile and a bow, she turns to leave, but doesn't actually start walking until Yousuke is out of sight.

If not stopped, she'll head to her room to sleep off her mood and exhaustion

Cespenar
2012-11-26, 10:11 AM
Momo copies the girl's shrug with one of her own, and turns to her teammates.

"Let's get in, then," she says, and leads the group in.

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-26, 12:15 PM
Team Maaya

The young girl doesn't move, but does give Momo a word of warning. "Just remember to be respectful little Princess. I wouldn't want to take you back to your brother if the lady of the house turns you into a lizard or something."

Cespenar
2012-11-26, 12:57 PM
Having thought the girl wouldn't speak further, Momo raises an eyebrow, trying not to wince at "Princess".

"Lady of the house?" she inquires. "You mean the Dragon Sage?"

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-26, 01:10 PM
Team Maaya

Sune just smiles. "No, I mean the Third Tsuchikage. She's in there, ya know?" She keeps her eyes closed, but turns her head toward Momo all the same. She looks straight toward the girl's eyes, despite her own being quite firmly closed. "Didn't your big brother teach you about stuff like this? Or were you just not paying attention Princess-sama?" Sune's smile widens a bit as she teases Momo some more, but ultimately she does answer the Uchiha's question. "Yes, I mean the Dragon Sage. She seems nice, bu what can I say... You have a knack for trouble."

Cespenar
2012-11-26, 01:42 PM
"He probably was using that time teaching me jutsu instead," Momo retorts nonchalantly, reminiscing a little in the process.

After a moment, she stiffens and raises a denying finger as befits a disciple of the Ham School of Acting.

"And I completely object any notion of me and my compatriots drawing unnecessary trouble to ourselves. We are hands of peace, and nothing less," she declares with a hearty voice, sounding eerily like a real demagogue.

Then, she winks.

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-26, 02:10 PM
Team Maaya

Sune just looks ahead once more, but her smile stays the same. "Heh. If that's what you think, maybe I should give you a different nickname. Something like "Troublesome Princess of Peace"." Sune just chuckles at her own joke, then shakes her head slightly. "Just don't go getting kidnapped. You need to think of the problems others will have when rescuing you after all."

Cespenar
2012-11-26, 02:21 PM
"Well, if a dragon would kidnap a princess like me," Momo falls again to the mock actress' routine, "Then I would have no hope but wait for my knight samurai to come and rescue me."

Jacior
2012-11-26, 07:07 PM
Manabu places a hand on Momo's shoulder. "Trust the nice girl's judgement." He's grinning up at her with the grin of his that says he's enjoying himself. "I'll try and make sure she stays out of trouble." He tells the girl on the dock as he lightly pushes Momo towards the house.

Cespenar
2012-11-27, 01:43 AM
Momo lets herself be pushed, and barring other unknown factors, they approach the house.

Overlord Rion
2012-11-27, 01:38 PM
We're going to get in huge trouble, you know that, right?

That is our luck, isn't it?

"Welp, I should probably take bets as to how quickly we're going to get dragged into something."

They'd had a long break after that last mission, Takuya had spent much of the break training. He'd been feeling useless, without a role. He eventually decided to figure out medicine to take up time. If they were going to get into trouble, he might as well be able to patch them up.

So far, he was failing miserably. Medicine was HARD.

Gee, you think?

Least he managed some other jutsus out of it.

Bad Situation
2012-11-27, 02:49 PM
"Family is important, but it is our own actions that shape us. Grandfather would have supported me regardless of my path because that is who he is, but in the end it was my choice to become a shinobi; it was my decision to serve the village in order to restore even a trace of the clan's former prestige. Even now he disapproves of the time I detract from his training to practice my ninjutsu, but whether he appreciates the next evolution of the Konpaku style or not, I have made my decision. And for the sake of my goal I have devoted years of my life to training, even at the expense of companionship or a social life. True, I would not be where I am in my life were it not for my grandfather's love, but would I have become a swordsman without his approval?"

"In a heartbeat. Though they may influence our decisions or even present themselves as obstacles, the choices we make are our own. I bear the consequences of my actions with pride. And though your situation is a great deal more grave than my own, it is still your responsibility to deal with the outcome. Perhaps you will win their approval, perhaps not. If family is at all important to you as you say it is, then you may give up your profession to please them or you may continue with your current path until such a time that they see reason."

Nothing left to say, Yousuke stalks away, arms crossed, like the elegant maid that he now was.

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-27, 03:23 PM
Team Maaya

The three genin approach the mansion uncontested. No one aside from the purple-haired girl seems to be around, yet the mansion is clean, the yard is well kept, and nothing seems out of place or overgrown. The large wooden double doors that serve as the mansion's entrance stand shrouded in the shade of the cliff. A pair of ornate lion-shaped door knockers wait patiently for someone to approach and use them. But before the genin get a chance to knock, or even try the doorknob, they spot a very strange sight above them.

A young girl, no older than 6 or 7 based on her size, steps out of a second story window. Her thin black dress shoes swing out into open space without concern for gravity, and the genin down below are given a peek up her maid's skirt. However, rather than fall to the earth like a jumper on a windowsill, she floats into the air with ease and grace. The girl moves away from the mansion as translucent wings bear her aloft. Her thin black-and-white maid's uniform flutters in the wind as she flies straight overhead and toward the opposite bank. She doesn't seem to notice the sky-nin.

Maaya looks up at the flying girl, shrugs, then looks to the door. "Well, if you won't knock then I will." If none of the genin knock, then Maaya takes one of the lion doorknockers and gives the door a good sound rap.

Amon

Amon is left to her own devices as the fairies are under strict orders not to bother any humans.

Yousuke

Yousuke doesn't find Suzunabu until 9 A.M, when the dragon lady wakes from her slumber. He finds her in the kitchen with two fairies and Houshi. Suzunabu still seems rather lethargic, and makes no attempt to discuss with the young ninja unless he starts it. If spoken to concerning his duties, Suzunabu just looks at him through nearly closed eyes, mumbles a few words, then goes right back to preparing breakfast. If pressed, she repeats the sequences of events, except with a slightly louder mumble than before. If Yousuke continues to pressure her, it won't be until her fourth series of escapades that she speaks clearly enough to be heard.

"Guests", the dragon lady mumbles, "wake, guests, sleep. Breakfast." Suzunabu goes back to preparing breakfast for the fifth time that morning. Her limbs move like tiny human glaciers, and she moves as if her body were made of lead rather than flesh. Regardless, the dragon woman soldiers through her task with some effort.

However, the next time Yousuke passes through the parlor he hears the sound of knocking at the front door.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-27, 03:31 PM
"New Konpaku style...?" Amom mutters awkwardly, listening rather firmly as Yousuke seems to yield some sort of ground. "I... I do want to be a ninja. I think my parents will accept me eventually if I stick to it, but... it's so much harder than it needs to be, even considering..." Her tone is rather flat as she tries to speak of herself again, but has exhausted herself. Still, on a last couple of topics, she musters the last of her social strength, some of her passion shining through. "Companionship is important, Yousuke-kun... as genin, being companions with our team mates is expected of us. It's the only way to get by at our level, I think, the time for training on your own has passed. Well..." she looks to his maid costume, loathe to merely write him off of the team but finding little alternative. "I... I liked being a ninja at first because ninja don't care where you came from, as long as you're good. I thought i could define myself that way... lately though, I'm only just realising how much I would like my mother's embrace and reassurance. That, at least, I know you can sympathise with." She bows her head. "S-sorry, I probably said too much. I'm a loudmouthed pest, I don't know why I bother..."

Amon doesn't stop Yousuke as he walks off, letting him depart before she presses her back against a wall, her eyelids quite heavy. "I wonder if he really intended to make up, or if he just wanted to not be remembered as getting on quite so badly with me." She holds her head in her hand, looking stressed as her eye twitches, but doesn't seem like she's about to cry again. "That's kind of dishonest though, isn't it? He always treated me like a distraction, why should I remember our relationship any differently?"

With that, Amon goes to bed. Maybe her dreams will find her more comfortably, though she's probably too tired even for that...

Cespenar
2012-11-27, 04:33 PM
Momo watches the maid wondrously flying over their heads, reflexively checking for Genjutsu, but inwardly expecting none to be found. This was, after all, an abode of a mystical creature, she reminds herself.

After watching the girl for a reasonable amount of time, she reaches for the lions (unless Maaya was too hasty), and rams then on the door once, twice, and thrice.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-27, 08:34 PM
In the morning...

Amon spends a portion of her morning staring into her room's mirror, staring at her own face for a bit as if expecting some psychological boogey-man to spill from the pane as she is lost on contemplation. "Last night..." she occassonally mumbles to herself. "That figure in my office..."

Eventually she heads to the door, looking for any sort of company she can find. She wasn't really aware of what time she had woken up and how long she had spent staring at the mirror and the sealing - it could be yesterday for all she knew.

Bad Situation
2012-11-27, 08:43 PM
Somewhat perturbed by Suzunabu's lethargy, Yousuke nods and obediently listens to her orders, hesitating only for a second when he bows and moves away from the kitchen. "After I wake the tea-the guests" he mentally amends, "I will see to aiding her in morning duties..." As he dashes through the wide halls to wake his former teammates, a repeated knocking draws away his attention. "How often do guests arrive to visit Satoko-dono, I wonder..." Now somewhat embarrassed with his uniform, the white haired genin uncomfortably hikes up his skirt and opens the door, bowing to whoever he greets.

Not knowing the mansion's policies regarding newcomers, Yousuke falls back on his grandfather's training and what he remembers from their first visit, "Greetings travelers. I trust you did not have trouble getting here."

Description:What greets Team Maaya is a tall and slender white-haired maid (http://oi48.tinypic.com/e8k19d.jpg) who looks at the group with cold grey eyes that would give off the impression of disinterest if not for the gleam of sharp scrutiny that flickers to life as they pass over you. The maid's otherwise soft face is marred by a somewhat harsh expression, a semi-present frown that recedes to a thin, neutral line when she sees the group.

Jacior
2012-11-27, 10:44 PM
Manabu blinks as he sees the maid open the door. "Erm... Am I the only one seeing this?" He rubs his eyes. "Or is that a boy in a female maid's outfit?" He looks around. "This isn't like one of those place in Sunomu is it?"

Cespenar
2012-11-28, 01:33 AM
Even though sharing his wonder, Momo hushes Manabu and waves a hand at him, urging him to stop.

"Remember how we were going to be respectful? Let's keep on the safe side and extend that to her servants as well," she hisses.

Clearing the awkward air with a light cough, Momo takes a step forward and greets the boy-maid.

"Greetings," she says, bowing slightly. "We come from Soragakure, and would like to see your master, if she is available."

Bad Situation
2012-11-28, 02:19 AM
Barely resisting the urge to click his tongue, Yousuke's frown returns in full force when he recognizes the assembled Sky nin. The very first guests he meets are shinobi from his own village. One from his graduating academy class no less. Still, not one to back down from a self-imposed challenge, Yousuke bows in the fashion he's observed from the household maids and returns his expression to its former disinterested neutrality. Acting as though a young male wearing a maid's outfit was perfectly normal, the genin-turned-maid shakes his head and replies, "Satoko-dono is not yet available, so I am afraid you must wait for her to waken before bringing your business to her. You are free however, to rest in the manor whilst I consult the head maid for further advice. Follow me, if you would."

Jacior
2012-11-28, 02:35 AM
Manabu reddens slightly at Momo's reminder. He bows slightly to the maid. "I apologize for my rude comment. It was uncalled for." He follows Momo inside behind the maid when she goes.

Cespenar
2012-11-28, 02:41 AM
Momo nods and falls after Yousuke with a serious face, joining his act of behaving as there is nothing odd at all with a young boy wearing a maid's uniform. She briefly turns and throws a hard look at Takuya as well, to underline her earlier warning to Manabu.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-28, 04:27 AM
Amon heads towards the front door, looking to get some training done. She'll stop and observe Team Maaya from the shadows once she sees them, wanting to keep an eye on Yousuke. Her headband is clearly displayed as she wears it on her head like a bandanna.

Hide [roll0]

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-28, 11:25 AM
DM

Maaya just looks at Yousuke, shrugs, then goes along with whatever the group wants. If Team Maaya go along with Yousuke, then all of the sky-nin find themselves in the kitchen. There, they see a woman with long crimson hair standing in front of a large stove. She's wearing a green qipao, but it seems to have been hastily thrown on in the last few minutes. In fact, it looks like she had just gotten dressed prior to Team Maaya's appearance. She has a thin skillet in one hand, and stands directly in front of a wide boiling pot which presumably contains breakfast. She doesn't respond when the sky-nin move into the room, nor does she respond to any calls or attempts to get her attention. It's not until someone gets closer that they discover that she's fallen asleep on her feet, and the fairies just propped her up with a stool before leaving to do... whatever it is fairies do around here.

If woken, Suzunabu looks at the guests and Yousuke with partially closed eyes. She mumbles something once, then goes back to sleep. Luckily for Yousuke a familiar girl in a white sundress steps into the kitchen. The newcomer is a girl with light blue hair, a frilly white hat, and a frilly white sundress. She's wearing a pair of crimson dress shoes, with a matching ribbon around her neck. Her hat has a crimson ribbon adorning it. The girl doesn't seem to be any different than a normal human, and it's not until she turns to talk to Yousuke that Team Maaya notice her most obvious inhuman feature: A pair of small black bat-like wings adorn the girl's back. Her wings flutter slightly as she addresses Yousuke with confusion in her voice and on her face.

"Yousuke. Why do you have our guests in the kitchen? And why are you making Suzunabu prepare breakfast?"

Spot: DC 22
You see a girl hiding out near the back. She's wearing a sky-nin headband.

Bad Situation
2012-11-28, 02:16 PM
Momentarily taken aback, Yousuke quickly bows to Remilia and explains his actions, "I am still unsure of the mansion's policy toward guests so I thought it would be best if I asked the head maid for advice. And for the head maid herself...I do believe she decided this on her own..."

Scratching the back of his neck he asks, "D-does she sleep like this often?"

Cespenar
2012-11-28, 02:17 PM
Yousuke?

Finally recognizing the maid, Momo mentally palms her face to her fellow Sky-nin's predicament. An embarrassing role and no objections meant that either Team 5 was under some kind of genjutsu, or they must have taken part in some kind of challenge and lost. And it was up to them to try and solve this.

Still, they had to be respectful, and play by the rules. Not something Momo loved to do, but she could, of course, act the part when needed.

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-28, 02:45 PM
Amon

Amon can see Team Maaya walk through the foyer to the kitchen. If she follows them, then she's privy to the scene in the kitchen.

DM

Remilia sighs at Yousuke's inexperience. "Dragons are cold-blooded, Yousuke. She'll be like this until she gets some sunlight, or until she's warmed up sufficiently." The young girl heads over the pot and looks inside. She takes a ladle from a nearby drawer, then fishes a soggy brown boot out of the soup. Remilia's face twists into a disgusted frown, then she drops the boot back into the soup and places the ladle into the sink. "Just... Throw this out, then put Suzunabu in the sun so she can wake up. Our guests and I will be taking tea in the second drawing room. You can find the guest tea in the pantry, and my tea in the cooler."

With that said, the little girl turns to Maaya and her genin. Team Maaya is finally given a good look at her eyes, and they see that her irises are the same crimson as her outfit. She wasn't much older than nine or ten, but carried herself like an adult. The young lady nods to her guests, then motions toward the door they had just entered the kitchen through. "The second drawing room is through the foyer and to the right. Follow me, please." The young girl moves around the group to the door, then through it. If Team Maaya follows her, then she leads them back to the foyer they had just come from, then down a dark and small side passage. Remilia stops half-way through the dark passage to retrieve a lit candle from its holder on the wall.

The second drawing room is a wide octagonal room with a series of couches and chairs strewn about in a roughly circular pattern. There are no windows, and the only light available in the room is the thin candle Remilia brought with her. Remilia quickly brings the candle over to a thin brass candle-holder, places the candle inside, then takes the holder with her as she goes around the room to light several more candles. Eventually, the room is well lit by a series of six candles, plus the one Remilia still holds. The young girl motions for the group to sit down, and then nods. "Judging by your headbands, you're friends with my maid. What brings you to the Mansion?"

Amon

If Team Maaya follow Remilia, then Amon sees them pass from the kitchen to a small dark side passage.

Houshi and Yousuke

The large genin and Yousuke are left to their own devices. There don't seem to be any fairies around the kitchen, but the sound of a breaking plate elsewhere in the mansion tells the genin that fairies are nearby.

Cespenar
2012-11-28, 04:03 PM
Momo indeed notices the aversion the "girl" seems to have towards sunlight, but doesn't comment on it. She simply follows her, and only after having given seats and asked about their intentions does she open her mouth.

"Thank you for having us. To tell the truth, though..." she decides to open honestly, since even the Dragon Sage herself were serving as maid to this girl, and that was something to think about.

"...we were sent on a mission to find out what happened to Team 5. Yousuke-san's team," she elaborates perhaps unnecessarily. "Though now that I saw him, I assume they must have somehow wronged or offended you." She intones the sentence as a question, and wonders what trouble they'd need to delve into to appease the mansion's master.

Overlord Rion
2012-11-28, 05:21 PM
Why is she looking at us like that? We're not as dumb as Manabu.

I think you mean tactless.

Same difference.

Takuya shrugs and smiles at Momo's glare. Nothing much he could do here. Events. People. Dragons...wait a second. Oh, wait, nevermind, the little girl with the eyes was more interesting. Takuya didn't know much of Yousuke's personality, so all he could figure is that something on the level of dumb his team got to happened to their team as well.

We never catch a break.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-28, 05:48 PM
(stealthin' and internal thoughts)
Amon raises an eyebrow at Suzunabu's exhaustion, only to find her stomach churning at the sight of the boot. Who's the girl? Her eyes kind of remind me of Satoko. I think I heard something about daughters - and with the way she pushes Yousuke around, I'm guessing she fits the bill.

Withdrawing from the doorway to let the other team pass, Amon follows diligently as she scouts them out a little longer. Momo catches her eye in particular. For completely professional reasons, yes. Bun-head? Damn, she fine. FOCUS, dammit, Amon. I need to hook up with someone after we get back to town - at this rate I'll be more vulnerable to seduction than even Yousuke! I mean, I - wait where'd they go? Taking a second, she sees them file into the passageway before she lost herself too much in her own thoughts. Nodding to herself, Amon focuses to sense chakra as Momo passes through the doorway. Wait, that look, that age for a genin, the kind of weird fashion and most of all the chakra... that's Momo Uchiha, right? God damn. ...No, never mind, most girls aren't really interested in girls, call it quits here, Amon, she scolds herself. ...Still though, you never know. How many girls my own age do I know anyway? Alice?

From the shadows, Amon hears the group out. They came to get us? Good luck with that. Stupid Yousuke, god... Wait, if they're sent here, what does that mean? It's only been about 3 days, they'd have had to have been dispatched just yesterday at the latest - we couldn't have made it back inside 4 days. More importantly, has sensei signed in?

Amon finally steps out from the shadows, giving a little curtsy. She's dressed far more regally than normal, thinking it appropriate to the mansion. Plus the longer sleeves are better for hiding her scars, though she didn't go overboard; a ballroom dress was simply too tasking for her to carry around on a mission
-
Team Maaya
-
Before Team Maaya stands a girl with long, blond hair (http://wallpaperscraft.com/image/hagiwara_onsen_berrys_girl_blonde_jump_stockings_3 9983_1360x768.jpg), who wears a dress of black and white, with a fair bit of lace to it. For a change of pace, her hair is tied back in a very thick, flowing ponytail of gold. She wears a pair of thick black kneesocks, but no shoes despite the western design of the mansion. A pair of leather gloves hide her hands. In her whole getup, the only skin she shows is a few inches of thighs where her skirt and socks don't quite meet, and a little further below neckline than she usually let herself go. She wasn't exactly a knockout - her bust was rather flat even in this getup, but her hips are quite wide and womanly for some reason - a very nicely filled out figure in that regard. As she steps forward, she reties her headband casually; the fabric looks new and sleek, but the plate is quite worn down for a genin. Her eyes are large, blue and inquisitive. Her tying of her band is more lax that usual as she just uses it to better secure her ponytail, before grabbing it by theslack and pulling it to the front, snapping the forehead plate into its proper position to show the mark of Soragakure. There's a bag slung over her shoulder that she occassionally pats when nervous - it seems rather overburdened despite its already massive size, making her stance a little lopsided

Amon's got a 13 Charisma - that's got to be a 6 or 7 on the 1 to 10 scale, right?

Disguise check to hide her prosphetics [roll0] possible +5 'minor changes' modifier, I wouldn't know.

The girl bows again to the crimson-dressed girl. "I don't think we were ever introduced, despite my being a guest in your mansion. Would you happen to be Scarlet's daughter?"

With that, she turns her attention to also include the sky-nin. "Yamana Amon, genin of Soragakure." she introduces herself straight up to all present. "Has Cybele reported in?" Amon asks, a little worried, of the sky-nin. She seems to be staring at Momo in particular as she speaks. If Momo stares back, Amon will immediately look at someone else - and blush if she keeps staring beyond that. "I.. I figured you might have some means of long distance communication - a phne call to Konpaku Youki and Uchiha Kaede would be useful right about now."

Bad Situation
2012-11-28, 07:11 PM
Nodding in the affirmative, Yousuke turns off the stove and hovers around Suzunabu, trying to imagine a means of carrying the dragon woman away without it feeling inappropriate. Finally frustrated with his inaction, he simply hefts her into his arms as one would a bride and carries her out of the kitchen, and into the garden and the bright rays of sunlight. "Will it be like this every day I wonder..." Shrugging his shoulders in resignation, the swordsman scurries back toward the kitchen to locate the pantry and cooler mentioned by his mistress, quietly thanking his ancestors for Youki's own love of tea. There was at least there was one task that he could accomplish without being likely to blunder his way through.

Jacior
2012-11-28, 07:42 PM
Manabu just quietly exists through the flow of activity, having decided he's stuck his foot in his mouth enough for one morning. He notices the girl wearing the Soragakure headband, but says nothing about her, assuming everything would soon be explained. When they are in the kitchen and the crimson girl says that the cook, Suzunabu, was a dragon, it finally clicked in his head that they were in the home of the Dragon Sage. The Dragon Sage. Which meant she held the contract scroll for the dragon's blood pact making, didn't it?

That was something to get excited about. But he still kept his mouth shut. The revelation that Yousuke was one of the ones that his team was sent to retrieve was shocking, but it seemed to explain a few things. When they sit down and begin to talk, Manabu nods after Momo speaks. "We'd received word of an attack." But that's all the input he adds. He's fidgeting in his seat and looking around at things. Something obviously has him worked up.

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-28, 08:08 PM
Team Maaya + Amon

The young girl sighs. "I suppose then, you would wish to speak with my mother. It is her fault that your companions are still here. She goaded your friend into a contest by using his pride. He lost. He is to stay for one year and one day, at which point he will be released."

When Amon introduces herself, the young Scarlet just nods. "Remilia Scarlet. Yes, I am my mother's daughter no matter how greatly she differs from myself."

When Manabu talks about an attack, Remilia just waves away the question with the back of her head. "I do not know what brought our guests here, but my mother would. Unfortunately she is quite hard to rouse in the mornings. She generally does not wake until noon, as the sun finds it quite hard to get into the observatory until mid-day."

Yousuke

Suzunabu is surprisingly light, and she does not wake as the young man carries her. She does drool a bit, and threatens to get his uniform wet if he doesn't hurry. Finding a sunny spot for her is easy enough, and soon the dragon lady is resting in direct sunlight. The pantry door has a clear label in a large wooden sign that reads PANTRY in big golden letters. Inside is a wide variety of boxes, jars, and other things assembled across many free-standing shelves. Yousuke is able to find a small box of camomile tea resting on one of the shelves. The cooler is a bit harder to find, but eventually the young man opens a small wooden cabinet that turns out to be a hidden cooler in disguise. Inside it sits a small glass pitcher filled with a dark red tea. Yousuke knows it's tea because it's labeled "REMI's TEA" in big scrawly handwriting.

Preparing a couple of glasses is no trouble, and luckily there are no fairies around to bother him. Unluckily, there are also no fairies around to ask for directions.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-28, 08:27 PM
"Pleased to make your acquittance," Amon greets Remi with another bow of her head. "Though her more... defining features as dragon sage aren't present in you, I did get a better look of her face when she was closer to the ground, so I suppose I see the resemblance."

On the topic of Yousuke, Amon sighs sadly. "Yeah, I was there. Kind of not sure what happened after a hard hit to my head, but I know Yousuke got himself beaten. Unfortunately he doesn't intend to contest his agreement in any way - and has resolved to serve out his sentence, with only a distant and discarded hope of Satoko showing him mercy for his hubris."

On the topic of an attack though, Amon seems a little stunned. "That's what this is about, Setsuna...? Huh. Let's see, it's been about 40 hours since her attack and Cybele sending off her letter to Soragakure for help... Well then, I guess you aren't psychics. Still, I wonder how sensei is doing..." Amon pulls up a chair if there's one available. Otherwise she grabs random objects from the environment, and with a bit of wire and hammering and a few quick flurries of her fingers, fashions it into a stool as seh joins Team Maaya.

"So, what's the deal with you misfits?" she asks playfully, eyeing each of Takuya, Momo and Manabu in turn with interest. "I don't meet many genin. Do you often fight jounin or do we just have a habit of drawing the short straw in our assignments?"

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-28, 08:42 PM
DM

"I was not speaking of our physicality, Miss Yamana, but that is merely another facet of our differences." The young lady naturally does not allow Amon to break her things, or turn them into stools. However, there are more than enough chairs to go around.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-28, 08:55 PM
"Well, I never thought you'd be identical in soul, why would I?" Amon proclaims. "Although, that much is all the more apparent already. After all, your mother simply insists on calling me 'mortal' rather by my name. It's kind of creepy, if I'm being honest, to be reminded of my impermanence with every other sentence, but there you have it." She smiles. "I heard there was to be tea?"

Amon tilts to Momo and, in the most nonchalant way possible (read: awkwardly no matter what she does) remarks "Hey, ah, you're Kaede's sis, aren't ya?" her blushing minimal as she looks off like it was nothing at all to bring up. "Him and me are kind of friends and he talks about you a lot. Er, nothing too personal, I mean.." She tuts at her own awkwardness around pretty girls. She IS Momo, right, universe?

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-29, 01:27 AM
DM

Remilia just facepalms at Amon. "Ugh... Stupid mortals."

Bad Situation
2012-11-29, 01:59 AM
Rooting around the kitchen Yousuke finds a servicing tray and gingerly lays the two tea pots atop the tray along with five cups laid out in a neat order. Striking the delicate balance required, the swordsman lifts the tray and retraces his steps his steps to the kitchen and to the door Remilia led the party through, "...through the foyer and to the right, she said..."

Cespenar
2012-11-29, 02:06 AM
"One year and one day?" Momo asks, shocked. "No offense, but that has to be resolved. We have to talk to your mother, and come to some sort of agreement."

When she learns about her mother's condition, though, Momo sighs.

"I understand. We'll wait until noon to speak with her, then, if it's alright."

When addressed by Amon, Momo smiles amiably and offers a hand.

"Yes, I'm Momo," she says, nodding. "So you're friends with Kaede? I mean, he never mentioned you, but then again, he's not methodical in a lot of things," She grins briefly.

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-29, 02:16 AM
Yousuke

The tea made for the guests naturally has to be brewed, and that takes some time. But Remilia's tea is already made, and seems rather cold to the touch. Yousuke could warm it up, or just serve it cold. Regardless of his choice, finding his way into the second drawing room is a bit of a challenge as the only pathway into the drawing room is as dark as night. If the young man makes it through, then he's free to enter the drawing room as serve tea.

Yousuke needs a DC 10 Wisdom check to make it through the hallway without bumping into the walls.

If he does bump a wall, then he needs a DC 10 Reflex Save to not spill the tea.

Momo

Remilia just nods her head. "Then you're welcome in the mansion. It's rare that we have mortal guests so often, but you are extended all the courtesies and protections afforded all our normal guests. To say that explicitly, so long as you are within these walls you are under the protection of the Dragon Sage."

Remilia looks a bit irritated as she looks around for a tea cup. "Now where is that servant...?"

Bad Situation
2012-11-29, 02:42 AM
Figuring that the tea was in the cooler for a reason, Yousuke keeps the tea cold, rather than risk ruining the tea by contaminating it with heat. Satisfied with his preparation, the swordsman navigates the halls to find his way to second drawing room, doing his best to avoid spilling the tea in the halls.

Wisdom - [roll0]
Reflex - [roll1]

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-29, 02:58 AM
Yousuke

The young man succeeds at getting through the hallway without bumping into the walls, despite not being able to see. He's also able to enter the room without any trouble.

DM

Yousuke steps through the doorway into the dark room. He's bearing a tray with five cups, as well as two pitchers of tea. Remilia motions for the young man to approach, then holds out her hand for a cup. She takes her tea quietly, and sips it once. "Wonderfully done, Yousuke. I worry that I'll lose a competent maid when your friends inevitably convince my mother to release you."

Jacior
2012-11-29, 03:20 AM
Manabu sits quietly while the more tactful speak, for a time. When it seemed things were winding down, he spoke up. "If you do not mind me asking, Scarlet-sama, what was the contest that Konpaku-san lost to end up in this position?" He waits for Yousuke to come over and takes a cup of tea if offered.

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-29, 03:26 AM
DM

Remilia sighs. "He tried to wrestle a dragon."

Jacior
2012-11-29, 03:32 AM
Manabu just looks blankly at Remilia. "And he thought this was a plan of action that he could win by performing?" He gives Yousuke an odd look. "I am curious how you entertain yourself through the day. It honestly doesn't seem that there is much to do."

Cespenar
2012-11-29, 03:43 AM
"Such a feat. It... is not unseen in old stories and legends, though," Momo admits straight-faced, sipping the tea she just got from Yousuke.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-29, 03:44 AM
At Remilia's mention of wrestling a dragon, Amon pitches in - "Ha, and did he. Look at 'im and consider the fact that this dragon was about 15 foot tall. He punched it in the face, it was hilarious yet dreadful"

Amon takes Momo's offered hand, somewhat sheepishly shaking it. "Hey, ah, how are you doing?" she greets awkwardly. "Ha, wouldn't expect him to mention me - he just likes screwing with young girls, I think. What do you do then - genjutsu like your brother?"

Amon takes her tea, sipping it like a lady - pinky thrust out and everything. She recoils a little. "Mm, not enough sugar. In fact, is there evn sugar - what am I talking about, this is dark tea, there's not even milk..." She takes another sip before setting it down and looking a little disappointed, willing to trade with anyone who wanted to.

Cespenar
2012-11-29, 03:57 AM
"Well, I dabble, but yes, mostly 'genjutsu like my brother'." She takes another sip from the tea, wondering why the girl acts a bit shaken as she does, but then dismisses it.

"But for now, can you clarify this 'punching a 15-foot dragon' situation?" she says with a faint smirk, glancing sideways at Yousuke for his reaction.

I wonder if he's one of those types where stupidity and courage meet halfway.

Bad Situation
2012-11-29, 04:32 AM
Smiling lightly at Remilia's compliment, Yousuke nods with closed eyes, "I aim only to please, milady." A swordsman carried himself with pride, no matter his task. Any indignity could be made respectful if it was carried out with a head held high, according to his grandfather.

Refusing to acknowledge their mocking, Yousuke decants the tea at a height and stays silent, preferring to hang around in the corner of their vision, as befitting of a servant. They could speculate to their heart's content, it mattered not if they cared or even understood his reasons for accepting the challenge. Even now he could not regret his decision. Satoko had clearly been baiting him, the consequences of his actions remained his own responsibility. Such was the price of hubris.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-29, 04:49 AM
"It was great, you should have seen it!" Amon remarks at questions of Yousuke's actions. "By which I mean, if it didn't land us in this predicament, it would have been hilarious. Yousuke started talking up a storm - I'm not sure it even understood Japanese - about honour and how it should bow to him and what have you, and I guess Yousuke got bored of it - because then in the middle of it all, he jumps up and hits the thing in the shout with his fist." Amon doesn't sound as amused as she normally does, all things considered. She was actually less content with this situation than Yousuke was.

That done, she turns her focus back to Momo. "So, ah, you seeing anyone?" Smooth. She immediately sips her bitter tea in an attempt to not have to say anything that would furtehr embarrass herself.

Cespenar
2012-11-29, 05:03 AM
Momo, though taken aback a little by the extreme digression, takes it with her usual grace.

"No I don't, at the moment. We can talk about that later, though, if you want." She puts emphasis on "later" to convey the utter out-of-placeness of the question, but not enough to sound off-handed or dismissive.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-29, 05:09 AM
"Yeah, later, good, grand, neither am I, I mena, later, yeah..." Amon stutters for a bit before giving herself a quick slap to the face, shaking her head. "Well, um, I don't suppose you're any sort of diplomat? Because I wouldn't recommend trying to win Yousuke's freedom the hard way unless you wnat to end up like him."

She looks over her shoulder at Yousuke, blushing as she eyes him as if only noticing his costume for the first time. She just focuses on the table as she sips her tea. Change the subject to ANYTHING.

"So, ah, who are you two?" she asks, directing towards Takuya and Manabu

Cespenar
2012-11-29, 05:41 AM
"I plan to negotiate, yes, but I'm not hoping to settle it by words alone. That would be... naive."

She sighs, and picks at a lock of hair that somehow got loose from her left bun.

"No, we probably will have to win some sort of challenge as well, to appease the Sage."

"I hate negotiations where one side is infinitely stronger than the other," she mumbles beneath her breath.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-29, 05:47 AM
"Infinitely more powerful?" Amon giggles. "Sorry to dash your hopes further, but I'd say the Dragon Sage is on the level of a Kage from what I felt of her chakra."

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-29, 05:58 AM
DM

Remilia nods at Amon's description. "My mother is a powerful woman indeed. While I do not understand this "chakra" nor comprehend what a "Kage" is, she has subdued Rouryouki of the Perilous Mountain in single combat. To this day it is why this valley exists, for Rouryouki had to move his mountain in accordance with their bet."

Princess Tracy
2012-11-29, 07:21 AM
"Wow..." Amon remarks at Remi's story, suddenly a little giddy - she did so love tales of high fantasy, especially when they were accurate. "Your mother really likes making bets with people, doesn't she? Someone capable of enough power to make an entire valley, wow..."

"You don't understand what chakra is?" she asks Remilia curiously. "I could explain it if you want - hell, we could help you learn how to use it. Your mother uses it often and magnificently enough that it may be worth knowing about. As for Kage... they're the leaders of each of the 5 major ninja villages, and said to be the most powerful people in the world. At least, not counting people like the Sage's that often just don't participate much in the world's politics without good reason. Or boredom"

"Ooh, do you know if there's a rabbit sage? I heard this rumour..." Amon decides it's best to just stop talking before she embarrasses herself too much

Cespenar
2012-11-29, 07:29 AM
"By the way, what were you doing in this mansion?" Momo asks Amon curiously, when the conversation stops for a second or two.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-29, 07:31 AM
Amon blinks at Momo's question before looking a little tired as she sighs. "We were... escorting someone into the care of the Dragon Sage." Amon looks over her shoulder to Yousuke, thinking it bets to say no more. "We stopped for tea and things kind of spiraled out of control from there. That reminds me... Maid."

In a fairly authorative tone, she calls Yousuke over, before looking at him a little more softly as she produces a little black box. "I finished this up this morning. She won't want a gift from me, but... still, it would be a waste. Say it's from you, if you want." The box is black and looks like it holds some hand-sized piece of jewellery. With that, she nods to Yousuke then turns her attention back on the other genin.

"How's life in Soragakure been then?" she asks Momo in particular. "Any exciting missions?"

Cespenar
2012-11-29, 07:35 AM
"Oh, I see," Momo replies, a bit disappointed.

She shrugs at the question. "It's okay. Our last mission was pretty fun, actually - we did a play, and solved a mystery. One before that, though, not so much," she says, grimacing. "Central sent both us and Fujiwara Min (you know her?) on directly conflicting missions in the same town. Hilarity ensued." Sarcasm as heavy as honey dripped from her words.

"What about you?"

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-29, 07:46 AM
DM

Remilia shakes her head. "I know nothing of "chakra", as I am unable to use it. My mother says that it's some variety of energy generated by the body, but I have no way of verifying this." Remilia takes a sip from her tea, then places the cup aside for a moment. "As far as a rabbit sage: Yes, I have met him myself. A rather tiresome fellow by the name of Inaba Toru. I hear he travels, but he generally shows up at the mansion around two months after Christmas."

Princess Tracy
2012-11-29, 07:51 AM
"Sorry, it's just it was a bit personal to the team. Especially Yousuke," Amon explains to Momo apologetically for her terse explanation of their presence. "If you want, you can ask about my other missions. Houshi punched a jounin in the face, but I think 'which jounin' may be a state secret," she explains playfully.

Digging around in her bag, she pulls out a child-sized doll in a little blue dress and sits 'her' on the table to 'stare' at everyone present with it's lifeless blue eyes through it's golden locks; it could be mistaken for human if not for it's lack of breathing of any sort.

Spot DC15 to see it's not human, I guess :3

"This is Shanghai. She's quite jealous you got to be in a play," Amon explains gleefully as she amps up the playful tone of the room. Talking out the side of her mouth, Amon puts on a silly voice as she manipulates the little mechanical girl, "I'mma make it big on Broadway one day, just as soon as this dame stops needing me. Shanghai, that's mean, we're friends, right? Yeah, but friends share - next time, you're hauling that 100 pound giant out of trouble yourself, my arms nearly popped off!" the bizarre conversation goes.

Smiling still, Amon ponders. "Let's see, funny stories to share..." She frowns. "Our missions tend to go kind of badly, but not in a funny way. I could tell you stories from when we're off duty though," she offers, smiling. "Like, your brother was on our last mission, but he told me not to speak about it too much."

Amon snaps her fingers. "Wait a second, Cybele-sensei is your MAID, right?" she crudely asks.

"Fujiwara Min, where did I hear that name before..." Amon mutters. "The day I left hiatus...?"

---

As Remi speaks of the rabbit sage, Amon nods appreciatively. "Ooh, really... wait, two months after christmas? That's almost a year from now, I could be a jounin by then!" Amon jokes, knowing she's not exactly prime-jounin material. "If he's travelling, I guess we'll just have to hope we're lucky if we try and meet him... Huh. I was starting to get the impression all the Sages were women," Amon quips. "Still, it would be nice to have a summoning contract I think... but I'd rather not take the gamble of 'asking' your mother for one. The last thing poor Yousuke needs in his year of servitude is me by his side to annoy him every hour of the day as a fellow maid if I lose some challenge as he did"

Jacior
2012-11-29, 03:36 PM
Manabu waits for the conversation to die down before speaking again. "My name is Hara Manabu, I too, am a Soragakure genin." He says to Amon and sips his tea. It was far from his preffered drink, but it was offered and he wasn't to to risk offending someone.

Manabu looks at Remilia again. "So, your mother can help facillitate a summoning contract?" Manabu was trying not to be totally tactless. "Is there some sort of proving to sign a Contract? I'm afraid I'm a little fuzzy on the exact details."

Princess Tracy
2012-11-29, 04:13 PM
"Aw man, you're making me feel really old, kid," Amon remarks as she looks Manabu up and down as she peers at his chakra, realising his age. "Man alive, that sort of monstrous chakra on one your age... Keep this up and you'll be a jounin by the time you're my age I mean, damn! ,,,Say, when'd you graduate?" she asks, rather curious of the boy

Overlord Rion
2012-11-29, 04:20 PM
Takuya kept to himself, halfway ignoring Amon's question by sipping tea. This..was some damn good tea. Amon's question finally registers, so he answers after Manabu. "Kuroda Takuya. What I do is be irrelevant and drag down the team."

Jacior
2012-11-29, 04:26 PM
Manabu looks at her. "I graduated witht he first batch of genin... what, a month ago now?" He gives her a knowing look. "I've been rather thoroughly trained and my chakra was impressive to begin with, from what I was told."

Princess Tracy
2012-11-29, 04:29 PM
Amon stops in her tracks at Takuya's sentiment, unable to tell how serious he was. Reaching over, she puts a hand his shoulder, silently and reverently nodding It seems she's found a kindred soul in those sorts of feelings. Feeling around in her bag, she pulls out a medical kit in some sort of indicaion of her abilities, though seems rather disheartened herself as she sighs softly, leaning back again.

At Manabu's comments though, Amon perks up, "Wow... tutored, huh? Wait,.how come I'M not nearly so brimming with power - I've got a sensei and everything. Hmph." It takes her a minute to notice anything odd was said. "Wait, first batch... a month ago..." She trails into her thoughts, not sure what to make of it; Akemi alone had given her pause enough. Back here again. But then who... She shakes her head violently, trying to cast the thought from her head - he's tutored, maybe he's just too sheltered and dumb... Such an excuse doesn't seem to cut it and she stares at the table in though, half wanting to ask more and half wishing someone would interrupt or change the topic.

Jacior
2012-11-29, 04:50 PM
Manabu shakes his head slightly. "I wasn't exactly tutored. I was... well, I was put in a very intensive and accellerated training schedule. I followed the Academy curriculum, but with other, more specialised training mixed in." He looks at the confusion on her face.

"So, you're a puppeteer huh? That seems like an unusual specialization." He tries to steer the conversation away from whatever was confusing the poor girl. Maybe she had memory problems. Or... More severe ones.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-29, 05:07 PM
Amon smiles at the change of pace in the conversation. "Yup!" She holds Shanghai, manipulating her to wave at the group "Shanghai here's a little hellraiser. But man does she take her time getting out of bed, eh Shanghai? Back off, man. You still haven't fixed my dress after that blast-jutsu. Oh, you're right, hang on..." Sure enough there's a few tears and burns in Shanghai's dress. Taking out a sewing kit of all things form her toolbox, Amon goes to work fixing the puppet's elegant little frock. The puppet herself gave her trouble, but she could handle this much. Doing her silly Shanghai/Usagi voice, Amon occassionally comments poorly on her own handiwork rather playfully; Amon likes using her hands. There's a tranquility to it that threatens to put her into a trance and she seems utterly engrossed in her work. Or she would be if applying a patch or two wasn't a relatively simple task hardly taxing on her expertise.

"I'm also a medic, and the prettiest face on the party. Except Yousuke of course," she jokes. "Even if you're blisteringly lacking in talent, being a medic automatically makes you useful when your party seems to have a death wish. So what do you do, Manabu, Takuya?" With taht, she holds a bit of sewing string in her teeth as she makes some sort of knot, too busy with her mouth to speak as she gives Team Maaya the floor

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-30, 01:36 AM
Remilia

The young lady nods at Manabu's question. "My mother would be the person to talk to if one were interested in signing the blood pact of the Dragons. But doing so would require a great deal of effort. The last dragon summoner died in the middle of the trial. Sad, really, she was such a peaceful soul." Remilia somberly sips her tea at that.

Cespenar
2012-11-30, 01:45 AM
"Nah, he's just waiting for the right moment to come out and save day," she retorts jestingly to Takuya's introduction, looking at Amon.

Jacior
2012-11-30, 03:28 AM
Manabu first chooses to address Remilia. "Hmm... I'm not sure I wish to take that great of a risk as young as I am. I'd like to see more of life before I die." He takes a deep drink of his tea and thinks for a bit on what she said.

He looks over at Amon. "I specialise in ninjutsu. They are quite my forte."

Princess Tracy
2012-11-30, 03:56 AM
Amon turns her head to Yousuke with all this talk of the Dragon contract. "What about you? Is your plan to return home a year from now with the Dragon contract? I don't suppose 'good chance of death' has ever been a particularly scary thing to you."

With that, she turns back to Team Maaya. Seeing Momo's comfort, she feels a little more warm by proxy. "...Yeah, maybe. Everyone pulls their weight in some way, right?" she suggests uncertainly and mechanically, clearly not something she knows by hear.

At mention of ninjutsu, Amon perks up. "Ooh, ninjutsu, eh? Me too, kinda. Know any good moves? Oh hey, you're a lightning type too, yayz, kindred spirits! I know a move you'd like, but it's a hijutsu - a secret technique, you gotta earn my trust if you want me to be your sensei in cool things!" She looks quite proud of herself to have her very own unique move - growing veruy excited at the prospect of showing it off somehow, since she hardly ever had occassion to use it. It was infiltration focussed, but Houshi and Yousuke usually slaughtered anyone she would want to infiltrate, and on reflection it seemed too perverse as a 'prank' type technique. "I used it to 'defeat' one of the contracted dragons around here," she boasts, putting the events of their second mission into the absolute BEST possible light. Though her inflection on 'defeat' does seem odd enough that she's aware it's not really the best way of describing it, though it's a little muddled by her joking mood.

Jacior
2012-11-30, 04:32 AM
Manabu nods eagerly. "I like to think I know a couple of cool things. And I've been thinking about creating my own hijutsu, but I haven't decided on anything concrete yet." He takes another sip of his tea, was it ever going to all be gone? "But yes, I do know at least one uncommon technique."

Bad Situation
2012-11-30, 04:33 AM
Yousuke takes Amon's question with grace as he continues pouring tea, because as a matter of fact, he had been thinking about it. "..as much as I would like to sign the Dragon contract, I fear I do not have the dedication required in the craft to reign in such proud creatures." His path lay in the sword, and straying from this path to chase after idle dreams of dragon summoning would benefit no one, least of all himself and the dragons. "There are alternative contracts however, that I feel would appreciate my dedication to combat. I believe I will seek them out when my skills have reached an adequate level."

Content with his answer, he backs away from the attention.

Cespenar
2012-11-30, 04:45 AM
"What 'craft' are you referring to?" Momo inquires with pinpoint accuracy, curiously looking at Yousuke.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-30, 08:03 AM
"I thought you'd be more gung-ho about the idea, Yousuke. After all, you were just saying how you wanted to bring ninjutsu into the purview of the Konpaku school of swordsmanship - and what greater show of might and honour is there than summoning a dragon? As far as genin go, it would really put you on the map." She smiles at him. "It makes for a better tale for your grandfather's ears, doesn't it? At the moment, I'll have to return to him with tales of how Yousuke was trounced in combat and is forced to dress like, well..." she blushes, her focus on ignoring the costume whenever she looked at him faltering for a moment, forcing her to avert her gaze. Why does a maid outfit on him affect me so...? "The tale of how you overcame that and returned with the prize of a blood pact with the strongest summons would certainly be more impressive a situation, right?"

Her attention flickers back to Yousuke one last time before she settles on Team Maaya - "Have you seen Camille yet?" Amon asks.

-

That said, Amon sips the last of her tea for the moment as she nods pleasantly to Manabu. "Would you care for some training then, Manabu-kun? I always do better with a partner to keep me in line - and if I have to wait until Satoko wakes up I might as well fill up the time with a quick bit of ninjutsu sparring. Anyone else care to participate - Momo-chan, Takuya-kun?" She speaks as always with an instant familiarity. Taking her Shanghai doll, she sits the little thing in her lap - holding her empty tea cup to the puppets lips in some sort of joking manner of a doll-tea party. "I guess Yousuke's training would be pending his master's permission and his duties."

Turning to Remilia, she thinks to ask "Unless you know how to rouse your mother earlier than that. ...How do people often get out of contracts? I have an idea of how to get Yousuke back to Soragakure but, well..." she turns to Yousuke, her grin likely appearing a bit malicious, "You won't like it."

Overlord Rion
2012-11-30, 08:22 AM
"Sure, I might save the day, looking fabulous while doing so, covered in blood from numerous surgeries. Glorious." Takuya delivers this completely deadpan, barely a change in his voice from a conversational tone.

Was that a joke?

Yep.

Holy....

Princess Tracy
2012-11-30, 09:55 AM
"Cheer up, man...." Amon pouts at the deadpan of it all a sshe throws out her arms - she hated that sort of expression, let's try a new tactic of absolving it. "You gettin' hugged!" she informs Takuya mid-leap forward, intending to bear hug him.

Hug Attack! [roll0]

Amon instead catches her dress and socks on the old chair, toppling forward and banging her head as she falls out of her chair. "OW." There's a tearing noise as she groaningly gets back in her chair, cursing herself. "Never mind... *gasp*" Realising something, she reaches under the table before anyone can notice and goes to work with her sewing kit on her socks. "I'm good, it's all good."

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-30, 10:08 AM
DM

Remilia sighs. "Please keep your mortal mating rituals out of sight if at all possible. I am not my mother, and certainly am not amused by your antics."

Cespenar
2012-11-30, 10:11 AM
"Camille?" Momo thinks for a second. "Was she the purple haired girl back at the docks?"

When asked about training, Momo purses her lips in disinterest. "Ehh, I don't think it would be such a good idea. I mean, we don't even know what will be in store for us when we'll negotiate with Satoko-dono. What if she'll ask for a challenge right there and then? We might need our chakra after all."

Princess Tracy
2012-11-30, 10:21 AM
"Mating rituals?" Amon asks as she fixes her headband back into place, still recovering from her hard fumble. She points to Takuya. "Please, that's just crude, Miss Remilia. He's much too young for me, I tend to prefer older g-gi- ahem, partners, than myself," she cuts herself off, feeling she'd embarrassed herself enough. "My, you certainly don't carry yourself as you appear though, do you?" Amon asks in her silly show of ventriloquism as she holds up Shanghai to her head height, speaking through her.

Back to Momo, Amon replies "Well, Camille was staying with you and Kaede, right? Was she just that unsocial?" She pauses, wondering "You know, I never did find out where Cybele 'lives'."

On training she notes "Yeah, I know all that, but what's the point in ninja powers if you can't amuse yourself with them? Maybe later, right?"

Cespenar
2012-11-30, 12:11 PM
Momo looks slightly puzzled. "A purple haired ANBU was staying with us, yes, but I didn't know her name, because, well, ANBU."

Princess Tracy
2012-11-30, 01:04 PM
"Kaede said Cybele doesn't sleep at your house, and I think Houshi mentioned she may not live in Soragakure proper. Eh, rumors I guess," Amon remarks, trying to puzzle out the mystery that was Cybele. "She wasn't in ANBU when I met her, but she does act weird when she wears a mask... Scary, really. From what Houshi said, she was in ANBU when you guys met her, right?" Amon asks, directing her question to Yousuke.

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-30, 04:04 PM
DM

After quite a bit of idle chit-chat the genin are eventually interrupted by Suzunabu poking her head through the door. The red-headed woman seems much more aware now, and tells everyone that she'll be finished with brunch soon. Sure enough, five minutes later she returns to the drawing room to inform everyone that brunch is ready. It's a simple stir-fried beef omelet adorned with diced green peppers, diced onions, and with either soy sauce or ketchup at request. Either the smell of the meal or the position of the sun finally draws Satoko out of her lethargic slumber.

The woman (http://i.imgur.com/LExJy.png) is wearing the same purple shawl and hood from yesterday, held in place by a necklace of gold and jewels. The shawl seamlessly flows into a tight fitting purple dress that shows off the woman's curves. Strangely, the dress is missing a large amount of fabric, and it grants the genin a view of her cleavage. She's covered in golden jewelry. A pair of thick golden bands wrap around her biceps, her thin wrists are adorned with many golden bracelets and loops, and she wears two golden rings on each hand. The rings on her middle fingers are set with rubies, while the rings on her ring fingers are set with sapphires. She has her head high and her back straight. The genin can see that each of her fingernails are painted gold.

Her belly is thin but muscular, and her waist flows straight into the muscular upper body of a snake. Green-and-yellow scales flow from her hips into a long sinuous snake tail. The powerful mono-limb flexes and squeezes as she slithers through the room toward her place at the table--which, naturally, lacks a chair. When she finally makes it to the table she "sits" on her tail and draws herself to her full height. She stands nearly eight feet tall, and smiles down at the young guests. "Greetings, mortals," she says as Suzunabu scurries off to get her meal, "it's wonderful to have more guests. Well, I'm told you have business with me?"

Princess Tracy
2012-11-30, 04:28 PM
Before Satoko can make her appearance, Amon gives Momo a few pointers. "Okay, um, the Dragon Sage doesn't like disingenuous respect, so don't think being nicer than you are will earn you any points. Oh, and she has a... tail. It's kind of hard to describe. Do you know what a naga is? She's taller than Houshi in reality - though I gues you haven't met Houshi yet. You know, just so you don't look too feeble gawking at her, though if she makes a big reveal of it maybe she expects it. Also, ah, she..." Amon rambles for a bit, seeing Team Maaya's presence as possibly the best resource she had to win Yousuke's freedom.

Amon current plan: If we can't figure out how to spring Yousuke after a couple of days, I'll challenge Satoko to make Yousuke my maid. And then discard his contract and let him return to town normally, right? ....Sure...

---

When she shows up, Amon bows her head. "Hello, Satoko-san. We were just enjoying tea with your daughter here - and your latest guests Yousuke let in. These are ninja from our village, as you can see." With a cough, she turns the floor over to Momo, politely asking Suzunabu for the 'ketchup' option for her lunch

Jacior
2012-11-30, 04:46 PM
Manabu bows deeply before the well adorned and rather pretty Sage. "It's an honor to be a guest in your home." He wasn't totally clueless. Her title earned her a large amount of respect just for having it. He takes a seat and has soy sauce with his brunch. He decides that since she asked about business before eating, it would only be polite to do the same.

He tries not to stare at her tail as he speaks, but it was rather awesome. Did all members of her blood have unusual physical traits? "We realise that you have made a bet with Yousuke to be your maid for a year and a day. He agreed to it and lost by the rules that were set. But, is there any way that he could be let out of his consequences?" He didn't mention the other thing on his mind, which was to inquire about the Dragon Blood Pact. You don't tell someone you need them to break their deal and then ask them for a boon.

Princess Tracy
2012-11-30, 05:01 PM
Amon interjects - or rather lets Manabu say his piece but immediately adds to it. "They were sent on a mission to make sure our group got back to town okay; it would be improper of them to not see if there was a way to suspend Yousuke's presence here prematurely. Of course, it would be improper to simply ask for dropping of a clear agreement, wouldn't it, Manabu-kin? Not without offering anything in return anyway..." Amon shakes her head, actually putting a hand over her mouth before she condemned everyone - if she talked long enough...

Instead she stuffs her mouth with breakfast, dissuading herself from compromising conversation

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-30, 05:13 PM
DM

Satoko nods her head at Amon's statement. "While it would hurt greatly to let little You-chan go, I would null his contract if you were to volunteer someone to take his place. But, of course, I'm open to... other ideas."

Princess Tracy
2012-11-30, 05:27 PM
Amon splutters, almost spitting out her mouthful of breakfast at Satoko's name for Yousuke, turning to the ninja-turned-maid with an incredulous look of disbelief on her face - her eyebrows high and mouth gawking, before she reels it back a bit. Though all she can manage is a sort of grin that said 'You almost stabbed me when I called you Yousu-chan - you'll be putting up with a lot worse here if you stay~' It's.... not the sort of grin most people get to use with such precision

"Ahem, someone to take his place, eh...?" Amon clears her throat then resumes eating like it was nothing. "Well, I think I would fill out that costume a little better than he does, quite frankly..." she ponders aloud. Part of her wants to outright challenge Satoko for the contract, but every other ounce of her knows whatever challenge Satoko put to her wouldn't end well. "Plus I can't cook. Eh, with time I'm sure Id pick it up - and maybe go up a size or two in that time, though Alice would probably get worried if I wandered off for a year," Amon playfully assesses

"Other ideas though..." Amon tries to think of something while skirting around anything that would just be a repeat of yesterday's challenge. Eventually she realises that with Satoko's hospitality she didn't really have anything to worry about; even if she was scary, she was nice enough, why bother being so tense? "Perhaps there's some errand I - we could perform for you? Some quest - Something you'd feel you'd be getting your 'money's worth' by reducing Yousuke's service time to see it done?" Amon suggests. "Of course, we are just genin, but still..."

Cespenar
2012-11-30, 05:37 PM
"I don't think another volunteer would really be acceptable by our superiors," Momo interjects politely. She looks at Manabu, trying to make eye contact, and then addresses Satoko once more, clear that she's going to imply something related to him.

"I've heard that our friend here" -she gestures at Yousuke- "has lost to you in what I think would qualify as a... physical challenge, has he not? So, what would you say to a mental challenge instead? A battle of the wits, as it were? Or would you find it too trite?"

ZeroNumerous
2012-11-30, 05:39 PM
DM

Satoko shakes her head lightly, her necklace jingling in the process. "I'm afraid not. I have plenty of fairies to do my bidding, and Suzunabu is around to take care of any problems they can't deal with. And, while I believe in your skill, I doubt you have quite the same abilities as Suzunabu."

Satoko turns to Momo when she speaks. "Ha. A cerebral challenge? Interesting, but pointless. I doubt greatly that there's anything young children can come up that would fool this old lady. However, if you would like to challenge me, then I would consider tasking you with something that would require your... skills."

Princess Tracy
2012-11-30, 05:49 PM
"Well yeah..." Amon was never that married to the idea, but still... "But Suzunabu is supposed to guard the house AND she's the best maid here, right? So you can't really send her on many prolonged missions."

Amon snaps her fingers. "Plus give me some credit. I'm weaker than Suzunabu, but I have expertise that she does not. Why, she herself could testify to my ability when I used it on her very soul during our encounter with Suneko -"

Amon immediately covers her mouth, hoping Maaya wasn't paying attention, before realising it probably didn't matter. So what if Taro had sworn her to secrecy? He should have gotten it in writing and made it clear to everyone on the team if it mattered that much to him, and he'd ****ed with her senseis one too many times for her to put up with him. "Ahem. Point being... I have skills your employ may not include, such as medicine and engineering."

---

Ahem, edit

At talk of a mental challenge, Amon perks up. "Ooh... this probably won't end well, yet I can't help but wonder..." She puts her finger to her lips in thought, but a glint in her eyes shows she's interested in participating without her saying anything. "Of course, if it's against Satoko-san I don't see it going in our favour..." yet the odds only make her more excited, as her voice makes it clear. "What would the terms be, I wonder..."

Jacior
2012-11-30, 06:05 PM
Manabu frowned at Amon. She liked to open her mouth on other people's talking. What part of "Any way he could be let out" meant he wasn't offering a repayment. "What is it that you would have us do?" He asked, when Satoko spoke of tasking them with something that would require their skills. What could she have for them she couldn't easily do herself?

Bad Situation
2012-11-30, 08:10 PM
Yousuke says nothing when Satoko calls him 'You-chan', opting instead to stand behind and to the right of the dragon woman. As both his mistress and as the Dragon Sage, she outstripped him in both power and wisdom. Not feeling the least bit hopeful toward the genin's attempts to free him, he mind wanders to other things. "I need to train...will Grandfather visit me in my absence...I should see to Camille if I am going to be here for a year..."

Cespenar
2012-12-01, 03:11 AM
Momo shrugs as her idea gets swatted down, and simply waits for Manabu's question to be answered.

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-01, 05:04 AM
DM

Satoko smiles widely. "Haha! Very well. The challenge is simple: A game of tag with Remi-chan as the target. During brunch, she will hide somewhere, after you finish, you'll have free reign to try and find her. However, if Remi-chan makes it to my side before any one of you touch her, then you fail. However if you touch her before she makes it to my side, then you succeed. I wager You-chan's servitude, and whom will be wagering their freedom if you lose?"

Princess Tracy
2012-12-01, 07:20 AM
"Ah, oh no, my sensing ability is..." Amon mutters, knowing her eyes and ears are below the standards of some civilians, never mind a ninja. She tries to sense chakra on Satoko, and only further despairs at that. "Oh dear, hide and seek with my skillset, that doesn't favour me at all."

She turns to Team Maaya, musing "Do you think you can handle this?"

Bowing her head, Amon mutters something as she thinks. She's already forming a possible plan, but it's a long shot. "If we agree to this then... I guess there's no one that could wager their freedom besides me," Amon remarks, "So I guess..." No one will come and rescue me if I'm taken, unless... She shakes her head, no couldn't have been...

She tilts over to Remilia, asking "So, um, how good are you at this sort of game?"

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-01, 07:26 AM
DM

Remilia simply sighs. She didn't eat anything, and simply drank tea during brunch. When questioned, Remilia simply shakes her head. "I refuse to participate. Do not use me in your foolishness, mother."

Satoko shrugs. "Well, I suppose that there's nothing that can be done. If Remi-chan doesn't work to play, then I'm afraid I must rescind my offer."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-01, 07:33 AM
Amon gawks. "Aw, come on!" she remarks, throwing up her arms at Remi's refusal. "I just spent half of brunch figuring out how to beat ya!" For some reason someone else refusing was getting her fired up by comparison. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you or anything, I play nice - or could your pride not take losing to a 'mortal' in wits?" she baits.

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-01, 07:58 AM
DM

Remilia simply shakes her head. "No, I have no interest in humoring my mother's foolishness. If she wishes to play with mortals, then she'll need to do so on her own terms."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-01, 08:11 AM
Amon looks to Satoko then back to Remilia. "Hide and Seek wouldn't be as interesting at your mother's, um, build," Amon jokes. "Have you any less spoil-sport daughters we could play with, Satoko-san?" Amon asks.

Sighing, Amon leans back in her chair, taking another few bites of food. Wait, was I seriously about to throw myself into a game where I'd lose my freedom? Apparently. Though living here probably wouldn't be too good - Camille already resents me enough without me breathing down her neck, and the same goes for Yousuke.

"Any other games, quests, trades you could offer, Satoko-san?"

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-01, 09:40 AM
DM

Satoko shakes her head. "I'm afraid Remi-chan is the only one who can play. But if she won't, then I can't think of anything interesting. Hmmm..."

Satoko makes a big show of thinking as she considers her options. "I know. How about a finding game! I will select an object in the mansion, and you must find it. You will have 3 questions to narrow down the object, and thirty minutes to find it."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-01, 10:14 AM
Eh. (http://media.japanpowered.com/images/anime-shock.jpg) Amon looks a little shocked. An object, eh... If it was Remilia I could at least fool her with a little luck, but now I'll have to actually use my senses.

"Three questions..." Amon remarks, careful not to phrase anything as a question withregards to whatever it was they were looking for. Amon removes 2 scrolls from her bag, giving one to Team Maaya and another to Yousuke. "...Okay. Yousuke, I think I'll put my freedom on the line for you." She blushes, realising how weird this was. "I mean, ecause team mates have to stick together and I... Well, you'd do the same for me, actually I guess you wouldn't, but..."

Amon clears her throat before she digs herself a deeper grave. "Well, um, would you guys be in the mood for helping? I'll get Sune and Houshi, maybe we can manage this."

A true hero puts everything he has on the line and lets fate push him to the result, right? Here's my crude imitation of that.

She tilts her head to Remi "Hey, last chance to play with us, Remilia," she says playfully. "Come on, isn't it boring to be kept out of your mother's 'foolishness' as you called it?"

Cespenar
2012-12-01, 10:26 AM
Momo shrugs and nods at Satoko's suggestion. It looked like a pretty simple game, like one that children would play, but perhaps that was the deception after all. Regardless, it didn't seem lethal in any way, and that was something to be thankful for at any rate.

"We'd better get the group together for this, to hear the rules and to decide on the questions," she says, nodding at Amon's talk of getting Houshi and Sune.

Princess Tracy
2012-12-01, 11:51 AM
Amon nods, then darts out the room as she leaves only her specially prepared scroll in Momo's hands. Making for the kitchen, she calls in the last member of Team 5 - "Hey, Houshi, meet everyone in that room along there, 'kay?" she demands of him. "We're gonna play a game to win Yousuke's freedom - don't do anything hasty until I get Sune, okay?"

That done, she dashes out the house, peering around for Sune. If she finds her meditating still, she approaches. "Hey, uh, Sune-san. We're in some game of wits with the Dragon Sage - if we lose, me and Yousuke will have to stay here as maids. Want to help? I mean, I guess you're kind of busy with your meditations, sorry..."

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-01, 07:43 PM
DM

Sune just shakes her head. "I like you kid, but it's not my problem. Yousuke made his bed, so I think he should lay in it, but if you wanna go along with this madness then I'll give you a tip: Dragons are cold-blooded."

Satoko waits patiently for the group together themselves, and then once everyone has gathered together she nods. "Very well! The rules are quite simple: You may do whatever you feel necessary to find my chosen object. You have three questions to find it with, and no more. I did specify that the object would be inside the mansion, so you do not need to concern yourselves with objects outside these walls. You may ask your first question."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-01, 08:04 PM
"Cold-blooded...?"

Knowledge earth and life sciences to know what significance that could play. I take 10 for 20

Amon nods before departing to the gathering. "Very well... thanks anyway. I'm just trying to help, though I'm not sure it's even a grand idea considering that Yousuke seems willing to serve his sentence, but... team mates shouldn't leave each other behind, right?"

---

With Satoko gathered with everyone, Amon still ponders Sune's odd bit of advice. "...hm. Storage."

When Satoko asks for their questions, Amon fumbles for a minute, rearing p, sprining forward with her mouth wide open then stops, clamps her hands over her mouth before she says something stupid an dpulls the group into a huddle to confer in 'private'. "Okay, now what should we ask? 3 questions kind of demands we be drastic - but the broader our criteria, the less specific and useful the information is. Our first question kind of determines the entire other two questions, so what will it be?"

Overlord Rion
2012-12-01, 10:13 PM
"I'll leave asking the questions to you guys. Once we have ideas, I can search."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-02, 01:27 PM
After a quick huddle, Amon clears her throat, preparing to ask the first question. If no one objects, she goes right ahead and asks, the tension killing her

"What is the application or function of the item we are looking for?" Amon asks, praying that Satoko was in to fair play. In a whisper she adds a 'small print' "that being the most common usage, or which task it is most often used to facilitate or allow in the first place..." Though she supposes it doesn't matter much; if she wanted to screw with them, she'd do it anyway. It's my freedom here, so I guess it's down to me anyway

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-02, 01:35 PM
Satoko

"To smush things."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-02, 01:41 PM
"Smush." Amon shifts awkwardly, thinking. She turns to Momo and Manabu, thinking it may be best to give them a turn, but mulls it over a second; if they don't pitch in fast enough, she may have another.

To smush things... Is 'smush' a word? Most unbecoming of a lady in any case.

Princess Tracy
2012-12-02, 03:07 PM
"How big is it's largest dimension?" Amon asks, taking another stab at it. "Putting it roughly relative to say, me, is as good a metric as any."

Just trying to move us along. The last question will likely be 'when/where was the last time/place you saw it?'

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-02, 03:52 PM
Satoko

The dragon-lady shrugs. "I don't know. Tiny."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-02, 04:11 PM
Amon pouts, offering her hands in case the dragon lady cares to ullustrate with them. "Aw, don't be stingy, Satoko-san." She feels compelled to withdraw them before Satoko forgets herself and munches on her arms

Tiny and smooshes... a nutcracker doll? Garlic grinder? Something not food related? Fine items used for breaking, rest states, hibernation, nay, sealing, preservation. ...Damn, I have no idea.

Clearing her throat, Amon rubs her temple as she thinks. "Ugh... What sort of - no, what room was it - no no no, what room IS it in?" Amon asks, stumbling and stuttering. "Yes, that's my final question, 'What room is the item in'?" She fully expects a cryptic answer, but at least she tries

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-02, 04:55 PM
Satoko

She points to the floor beneath her. "In this room. Well, those are your three questions, and I have answered them as truthfully as I am capable. You now have three guesses as to what the object is."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-02, 04:58 PM
This room? Amon looks around the room, thinking.

Who's present in the room currently? It may have something to do with the group...

Princess Tracy
2012-12-02, 07:37 PM
"Indefinite yet small size, used to 'smush' things, in this room..." ...Shanghai?

Amon points to that most promient of features just below her nose. "Is it a mouth?" she takes her first guess.

Sense Motive to see if I was at all close [roll0]

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-02, 08:16 PM
DM

"No. Your mouth isn't an object, it's a concept made up of objects." Satoko responds immediately.

Amon's sense motive tells her that she's lying.

Princess Tracy
2012-12-02, 08:30 PM
"Oh! Um..." Interesting criteria. "I-It's a..." Amon already felt herself in a maid's outfit. She's fairly certain she isn't going to get it even with 3 guesses, maybe she should just give up and... stop thinking with your twisted desires and think with your need to rub your ego in people's faces! Amon starts digging around the tale, itemising cutlery... "By that definition, would a clock be an item? I mean, it's just a 'concept' of gears and glass..." Amon mutters as she considers 'spoons'. ...Feet? "i'll assume it's too late to simply surrender and trade myself in for Yousuke."

If she weren't quite so demented with her game fixaion, perhaps we wouldn't be n this mess... If I win Yousuke, I'll make him be a maid anyway. Yeah, to like, teach him a lesson

Har-dee-har

zeone3000
2012-12-02, 08:40 PM
Houshi raised his hand, "Teeth? Well, particularly the back ones." He shrugged at Amon, palms turned up.

Princess Tracy
2012-12-02, 08:42 PM
Amon quivers at Houshi's guess. Oh you bastard, don't you dare be wrong or I'll kick your ass - it's not your freedom that get snatched away, you know! At least if I screw up, I'll have brought it on myself! Despite her thoughts, she can't help but appreciate his contribution

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-02, 09:09 PM
Satoko

The snake lady claps for Houshi. "Correct! Your teeth are tiny, used for smushing your food, and are with you in every room you go into." With that bit over, Satoko turns to Yousuke then nods. "You are free to go young man, though it will be troublesome without another effective maid. Somehow, we will survive."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-02, 09:29 PM
Amon just about collapses as Houshi actually guesses right, falling into a chair, flinching at the unexpected... SUCCESS. "Ah... ha ha! At least I was close, I guess! Ha ha! Wow. Can't believe I almost wrote that one off. I think seeing your fangs put me off of bringing up teeth, Satoko-san."

Cackling for a bit, Amon gives a ragged and contented sigh. "Ah, sorry Satoko-san for depriving you of a maid. I hope you at least had fun. Hey, Yousuke, if you're so determined to serve out your punishment, you can always stay here - or be my maid." Giggling at her own joke, she still can't help that perpetual blush that springs up whenever she sees Yousuke's uniform.

With that, she leans back in her chair, "Oh, I could do with something sweet. Got anything chocolate?"

Jacior
2012-12-02, 10:55 PM
Manabu sits quietly while the others play Satoko's game. He's kind of staring at the Naga and thinking intently. He isn't surprised when they come up with the answer. It wasn't a terribly difficult thing to figure out. But he was focused on something entirely different.

He stood up and walked around the table, his arms stiff at his sides. He stops a little away from Satoko, directly on her right, still looking at her intensely. He seems a little at a loss for what to do for a second and then bows completely forward at the waist. "I would like to try and prove my worth to sign the Dragon Blood Pact." He stays bowed, at nearly a right angle, staring at the floor.

Overlord Rion
2012-12-03, 12:38 AM
Takuya would balk at Manabu's statement, but honestly, he couldn't say he was surprised in the slightest. "If you get stuck as a maid, I'm not helping you out." Takuya said jokingly. He had no interest in summoning, and in fact was perfectly letting Momo and Manabu take all the thunder. After all, when they were hurt or badly damaged, he'd patch them up, just like he did for Yuno and Atsuhi when they were younger.

Cespenar
2012-12-03, 01:33 AM
Staring at Manabu for a second, Momo palms her face for real this time, and sighs.

"I think servitude would be a rather preferable outcome, Takuya. Hope you know how to treat critical patients."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-03, 05:53 AM
Amon quivers at this development, her single moment of peace and victory shattered. Oh. He's serious. She anxiously awaits Satokos's response to this challenge

"Ooh ohh, I'm a medic," Amon pipes up. "I can make chakra scalpels and use healing techniques and everything. I even removed the tar from Yousuke's lungs that one time."

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-03, 07:13 AM
DM

The snake-lady laughs heartily at Amon's attempt to corral Yousuke into obedience. "No, no. It's quite all right. After all, it would be quite rude of me to force Yousuke to stay here when he clearly has friends who care for him so much. It would hurt me greatly to come between such a beautiful friendship." With that said, Satoko turns to Yousuke and nods. "Those children put their lives on the line for you. Treat them well, young man." She chuckles loudly, then turns as if to leave the room.

But she stops almost immediately when Manabu talks about becoming a dragon summoner. Her merry disposition vanishes into the ether like mist after sunrise, and a mask of seriousness descends over the dragon-lady's face. She twists her lower body around to face Manabu, and in the process curls her tail over itself like a proper snake. The action draws her to her full height, and the woman towers over everyone present. At nearly eight feet tall she would likely tower over even an adult Houshi. Her reptilian eyes narrow as her stare bores a hole into Manabu's back.

"It could kill you, young man. As your friend said: A year and a day of servitude would be preferable to what will happen if you fail this trial. You must partake in it alone, though your friends may watch." Satoko speaks with all the somberness of someone reciting a funeral eulogy. "The task is quite simple. You will be given a special scroll, and you must use the Summoning Technique to draw out as much of your chakra as you can without dying. If you are able to summon and subdue a dragon, then you may sign the pact. If you cannot, then it will kill and eat you like the prey humanity once was. You must have absolute faith in both your physical abilities as well as your ninjutsu."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-03, 02:31 PM
"B-beautiful r-relationship? Don't be silly, Satoko-san, i-it was just the right thing to do, as his team mate..." Amon remarks, blushing furiously. Clearing her throat, Amon plants her foot on the ground, thrusting a finger at Yousuke. "Y-Yousuke-kun, that uniform is confusing me, take it off! Uh, I don't mean here, um, just, aaaah..." Amon struggles with herself for a moment before Manabu's demand of the Sage brings a sudden change in the mood

Suddenly more serious herself, Amon stands her own full height beside Manabu, retying her headband to better represent herself as a sky-nin, a determination in her eyes. "So, that's what the trial is. A balance between spirit and body." She looks, seeing Manabu's young form. Quick, and definitely sturdy, but his strength, while good for a child, couldn't be much more than her own. And he lacked the stance or equipment of a true taijutsu specialist. Amon shakes her head. This is the sort of thing better suited to Yousuke. "And suffice it to say, there's no forfeiting before the competitor's ultimate demise?" She looks down to Manabu not as a child but as a peer, awaiting his thoughts. Sure, she'd just met him, but she appreciated his spirit.

Jacior
2012-12-03, 03:58 PM
Manabu frowns. First at the reaction from his teammates and then at the terms of the challenge. While harsher than he would have liked, after what Remilia had said about the last person, he wasn't very surprised. He stayed bowed at the waist. "I have already accepted the consequences. If I cannot overcome this trial, then I feel I am wasting my time as a Shinobi." His eyes are closed, though no one can see them. This was just as much proving something to himself as it was to others.

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-03, 05:18 PM
Satoko

The beautiful looking dragon-woman shakes her head at Amon's question. "There is not. To take this trial one must be willing to do whatever is necessary. One must have absolute faith in themselves, as well as courage to face whatever may come. There can be no retreat or surrender."

Satoko looks to Manabu when he speaks, and nods. "Very well then. I will prepare a scroll for you before sundown. The scroll will last for one week, and will require some of your blood." A graceful hand goes out to Manabu, and she beckons the boy forward. If he moves closer, then she leans down and reaches for his hand. If he offers it, then she takes his hand in hers, draws it closer to her mouth, then bites the young man's thumb. Satoko licks a bit of blood from Manabu's hand, swallows it, then releases the boy.

"I will make that scroll within the hour. If you leave, then on the seventh day I will summon you back to this manor. If you wish to stay here until then, you are free to do so as well. Use your seven days carefully young man, as they may be your last."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-03, 05:57 PM
"Manabu-kun... do you even know the summoning technique?" Amon asks, surveying the situation. She Doesn't bothe rhim further though; with that kind of resolve, she knew it was already far too late to ask him to merely back down. She wonders briefly if Yousuke will also embark on such an episode, and furthermore if she would even voice a complaint about it if he did.

She backs up, going to the side to allow Manabu a word with his far more familiar team mates as she instead deigns to have a word with the lady of the house. Although... it is sad, that one of his age. And to prove himself, no less. To define himself. Maybe that's all any of us seek, recognition... She wouldn't begetting manabu out of her head anytime soon

"Are all trials for contracts so deadly?" Amon asks of Satoko. "I was going to seek out this Inaba your daughter spoke of to obtain the Rabbit pact, but if all tests are based on mortal peril... Is it only dragons that demand such balance and strength from their partners?" I don't fight with my own body, but the body of others. I could not possibly be fit to weild a dragon, in that regard. Thinking a moment, she bows her head. "Sorry, I just wish to understand the task my new companion is undertaking. And that I suspect... certain shinobi close to me..." her eyes flicker briefly to Yousuke, for once succeeding at ignoring his uniform, "might also bind themselves up in in the foreseeable future."

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-03, 06:31 PM
Satoko

The dragon-lady shakes her head. "I don't know. I only know the trial for dragonkin."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-03, 06:49 PM
How terse.

Amon nods to Team Maaya and leaves them to themselves for a bit, indicating Houshi and Yousuke to follow her out the room before either of them got any bright ideas. She doesn't quite abandon anyone (unless her team mates immediately follow) but at least tries to give the other team some space.

Before she can depart though, she stops, turning to Satoko with a final question. "It feels like if I don't ask this now I'll just talk myself out of it, so I might as well. How does one find the Rabbit Sage?" She looks sadly to Manabu, clearly failing to not think about his chances...

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-03, 06:53 PM
Satoko

The dragon-woman chuckles. "How does one find a thought? You don't. You simply wait, and it will come to you."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-03, 06:56 PM
"Find a thought..." Amon repeats, fascinated by her comparison. "Bur why would a Sage search me out?" she asks, curiously.

Amon makes sure to keep her voice down to not get in Team Maaya's way

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-03, 07:03 PM
Satoko

The woman gives a roll of her shoulders. "Precisely. Find that out, and you can find any Sage."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-03, 07:17 PM
"Well, Remilia said you know him, any hints on what might entice him or rabbit-kind?"

Clearing her throat, Amon pipes up. "On a more immediate note... the man who contacted you, Kaede Uchiha, do you have a way to contact him back? I have a concern about sensei that..."

"Although, perhaps I worry too much..."

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-03, 07:29 PM
Satoko

The dragon-woman simply places a finger on her lips. "No hints. Consider it a game. Good luck, little mortal, I'm rooting for you."

With that said, she looks a bit pensive as she thinks on the name Amon brought up. "Uchiha... Uchiha... Ah, yes! That nice young man from the Leaf. Yes, I could attempt to communicate with him, but I won't be able to do it today. I have things to do for your young friend after all. Tomorrow, certainly, but not today."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-03, 07:40 PM
Rooting for me? "Would it be unsporting to look up the Rabbit clan in your library then?" Amon asks with a cheeky smile before she turns the topic to Kaede.

"...Okay. Thank you, Satoko-san." Amon's still a little worried, but does her best to push her concerns aside for the moment.

Jacior
2012-12-03, 08:07 PM
Manabu raises up and offers his hand without complaint. He merely looks at his bleeding thumb after she releases his hand. After a minute, he takes it and on the back of his left hand, he writes the Kanji for Dertermination. He looks at Amon after she speaks. "I don't. Why should I let that stop me?" He looks around at everyone in the room, his face utterly blank, even moreso than normal.

He leaves the room and the mansion entirely, ending up and standing on the edge of the river. If anyone comes looking for him, his gaze is distant as he looks off into the sky.

Princess Tracy
2012-12-03, 08:36 PM
Amon watches him go almost mournfully, shaking her head when he's gone. "Take good care of that one," she advises Momo, propping herself up against a wall.

With a sigh, Amon makes a request. "Hey, you have a library in here, right?"

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-03, 08:50 PM
Satoko

The dragon lady nods, and returns to her full volume. "Yes, we do. Remilia will take you to it, but little Camille has locked herself away in it. Neither Remilia nor myself would ever force the door, but you are free to try and convince her to open it."

Manabu

The young man heads outside and finds that things haven't really changed. Sune has gone inside, but otherwise the river is as serene as it had been when you first crossed it.

Bad Situation
2012-12-03, 08:54 PM
And just like that his brief tenure as a house maid of Scarlet Devil Mansion was over. He supposed he should feel...grateful? "I know should care but why do I feel so...disappointed..." But somehow he could not find any happiness in the fact, only emptiness. It defied all logic, he knew, to be feeling tinges of regret after being freed from a life of servitude but for whatever reason it was so.

"Hearts do not lie, Yousuke." Another one of his grandfather's favorite sayings, he fondly remembered. Would Youki be angry that he had nearly signed away a year of his life to Satoko? Or even ashamed of his failure to prove himself? "Is this why I do not wish to return? Do I fear my grandfather's reproach so?" And the answer was of course, no. His grandfather was many things, but a vindictive man he was not. There would be kind words on his return, as ever.

Jokingly, he considers, "Or perhaps it is mother I fear to see..."

Frowning at the thought, the white haired swordsman exorcises the thought from his mind and turns his attention back to Satoko, who now seems to be dealing with the child from the door. "Hara...Manabu...I only pray you understand what you are getting yourself into."

Bowing at the hip he says, "Satoko-dono, it has been quite an honor serving you, though my time was indeed short, the time I have spent here was certainly a privilege.

Turning to Remilia, he makes to take her hand in order to lay his lips upon it. "I doubt I will meet lady quite so charming as you Remilia-dono, and my life is surely better for it. Your compliments prior to my release warmed my heart greatly. My only regret is that I was not able to serve you as adequately as I may have wished."

Finding Suzunabu he takes another bow, though bent somewhat higher than with Satoko. "I was not here for long but for what it is worth, it is with great pride and affection that I now you senpai."

At the other genin on the other hand Yousuke does his best to look away as he mumbles, "T-thanks. For freeing me, that is."

zeone3000
2012-12-03, 09:33 PM
Houshi crosses his arms over his chest, proudly puffing out his chest, "Just gonna mumble out a word of thanks huh? Shoulda known. Well, don't forget..." He points between his teammates, "You both owe me one now."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-03, 09:43 PM
Amon eyes Yousuke oddly. "Why, you don't seem in any rush to leave. Stay if you want, if you feel you haven't learned your lesson," Amon remarks, pouting - a bit annoyed her efforts were treated as not that big a deal. Of course, when Yousuke DOES go to thank her, she blushes. "D-don't be stupid, thanking us or anything - it was just a riddle, me and Houshi got it in no time flat - anyone could have done that and it's what team mates do and.... and..." She was blushing and stuttering the more she went on, also trying not to look at Yousuke.

There's nearly a minute where Amon just stares at Houshi when he claims he's owed 'one' by her. "No."

Amon waits it out for a moment until Camille is mentioned. "Oh." Suddenly more serious, she nods to Yousuke. "You should see her before we go anyway..." is all she says at first. "Camille won't want to see me again. I don't blame her. ...Some sick part of me wishes that Setsuna... no, never mind."

I remembered no less than twice Yousuke displayed this wish to help the Euryale by any means necessary, so I'm just rolling with that; maybe they'll bond over that shared feeling of feeble injustice.

Bad Situation
2012-12-03, 09:48 PM
Crossing his arms in turn, Yousuke stares up at the larger genin something like amusement in his eyes. Glancing briefly at Amon, he makes a slight motion with his shoulders that might possibly be construed as a shrug. She had put her life on the line to save him. Perhaps he would indulge just this once. "Well I cannot make a case for myself, but as I understand it Yamana-san has saved your life far more often than you have saved her. Perhaps you should reassess your estimation of gratitude, in her favor at least."

No telling if she would appreciate or even understand his roundabout acknowledgement but things like that had never stopped him before. "Of course, if she does not desire a debt from you, I cannot blame her. It takes the bigger man to live and let go, after all," if nothing else it was fun to be able to joke like this now.

zeone3000
2012-12-03, 10:46 PM
He pats Yousuke on the shoulder, "Yep, same ol'Youske and his ever so dry wit... Good to have ya back."

Cespenar
2012-12-04, 02:12 AM
After giving the younger boy some time to think for himself, Momo casually strolls onto the dock, and gazes at where Manabu is gazing.

"Did you mean it?" she says after a while. "About wasting your time as a shinobi?"

Jacior
2012-12-04, 02:33 AM
Manabu kind of leaned his head towards Momo. He looks back up at the sky and is quiet for a minute. "Yeah. I guess I actually do." He sits down on the dock and kicks his legs over the water. "Do you know what my first memories are of? Training." He leans back on his arms. "How sad is that?"

Cespenar
2012-12-04, 02:50 AM
"As sad as you'll make it." Despite the seemingly emotionless words, if Manabu looks at her, he'll see that she is smiling.

"Think of it like this. At age 8, you're as strong as other genin are at ages 12, 13, or even 15. You may see this as losing 5 years of childhood, or having 5 years more of it. The perspective is yours to choose."

Jacior
2012-12-04, 03:11 AM
Manabu shakes his head. "You don't get what I mean. I am actually asking how sad it is. I've never known anything but the way I was raised." He lays back, swinging his legs. "I see children playing in the park and I don't feel jealous or sad. It's just like watching children play in the park." He says, trying to articulate better.

"I feel glad that they can play. Sure I wonder what it would be like. I've even tried. I don't get anything out of it."

Cespenar
2012-12-04, 03:27 AM
Momo shrugs. She could see herself tear up and hug the boy in some alternate universe, but here she doesn't think that it would help in any way. So, she adapts. It's the least she could do.

"Everyone gets their kicks from somewhere. You don't have to be a child for that. Just find what makes you happy."

"Ice cream is a good start, for example," she adds with a smirk.

Princess Tracy
2012-12-04, 09:41 AM
Amon blushes a little at Yousuke's evaluation of their debt to each other. "D-don't be stupid, Yousuke, if we're counting all the times I saved you two from yourselves, you two would owe me your entire lives. I mean, it's just the right thing to do, y-you know? Why, you'd do the same thing for me I'm sure." She laughs just a little too hard at that last sentence, seriously doubting the truth in it - as if Yousuke would wager his freedom for hers. Then, why did I do it for him? W-Well because...

"I don't think team mates should owe each other anything, but if that's how you want it Houshi, I'm sure I can think of some way for you to repay me," Amon says, getting into the playful groove. What am I so worried about? Joking around with the team like this... It's nice. It's what I wanted. Amon smiles rather genuinely for once.

Jacior
2012-12-04, 01:48 PM
Manabu looks over at Momo. "Yeah, ice cream is good." He slowly comes back up to sitting. "I think I should get training. I have to learn the Summoning Technique before the event. You can stay if you want." He says, gently hinting that he might want the company.

Overlord Rion
2012-12-04, 02:49 PM
Seeing Momo head out, Takuya figured she had the same idea he did. Once he followed her to Manabu, he let them have their conversation before Takuya spoke up. "Good. Then let's begin, shall we?"

Cespenar
2012-12-04, 03:00 PM
Momo smiles casually and nods. "Yeah, I might get inspired by your determination and even create a hijutsu on my own, perhaps!" she says, half-joking, though she did have some ideas.

She is mildly surprised by Takuya's entrance however. She raises an eyebrow, but doesn't speak up.

Princess Tracy
2012-12-04, 07:07 PM
"Speaking of debts..." Amon throws her arms out, wrapping them around Houshi in a hug. "I'm feeling a little too good right now to be paralysed with embarrassment," she remarks, squeezing the lovable giant, "and I did promise you a hug back in the Grass, I think."

zeone3000
2012-12-04, 11:00 PM
Houshi laughs nervously, surprised by Amon's sudden affection, "Heh, heh, yeah, something to that effect anyway. So we'll just call it even."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-05, 06:21 AM
"Aw, come on Houshi," Amon remarks, squeezing him a little tighter. "You didn't get embarrassed when we were surrounded by people and you picked me up like a rag doll." With that, she releases him.

Clearing her throat, Amon gets a little more serious. "Let's stay the day here I guess - we'll contact Kaede in the morning just so no one gets worried about us or the other team - we'll decide then whether we'll stay the week or not."

She smiles at Yousuke before blushing again. "Y-Yousuke, aren't you going to g-get dressed?" That bloody uniform had made her quite the blushing pile of nerves all morning, it was ridiculous. "I mean, as good as you look..." she teases playfully.

Bad Situation
2012-12-05, 06:38 AM
Looking down at his maid garments, Yousuke makes a small hum of acknowledgement as if to say, "Oh yeah, these things." With a completely serious expression on his face he turns to face Amon, "I have been made to suffer worse at the hand of grandfather. If you thought that simply wearing a female's uniform would evoke my shame, I believe you will be sorely disappointed. The pride of a swordsman is greater than that of clothing, I hope you realize." Saying this with a neutral intonation, he gives the skirt a little twirl and adds, "But yes, I do look rather fetching don't I? Thankfully, I like the vanity required to take pride in this non-achievement."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-05, 07:07 AM
At Yousuke's twirl, Amon's face goes all the way to red and she gesturees wildly in some imaginary defence. "I-I was joking when I said you looked good, of course. Wh-what kind of pervert dresses like...? Oh!" Even as she says that, a small trickle of blood comes from her nose, forcing a gasp from her. "Ahhh-um," she mutters, smacking her hands over her nose in the hopes no one sees, but failing utterly. "Um, ah, it's ultrasound, yeah, nothing to see here folks, eh heh heh," she laughs nervously, backing up. S-stop looking at him. I can't he looks too pretty like that. You're suck a pervert. I know. He doesn't even have boobs! I KNOW! Amon's eyes nervously jut around the room and to all facets of Yousuke to signal her internal battle.

Eventually, she informs Yousuke, with clamped shut eyes "Y-you look stupid and weak like that and - and a-a-and it's confusing me!" she pleads with him. Don't say that, he'll change out of it and you'll never see him in it again! That's for the best - it's Yousuke, underneath that pretty uniform he's still Yousuke and you should never look at Yousuke like that - it's too weird! H-he's a boy, and he's younger, and he's a team mate. I think there's just that sinfulness to it.

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-07, 02:06 PM
DM

The rest of the day passes uneventfully. Satoko withdraws to her observatory in order to finish the preparations on Manabu's summoning scroll. Suzunabu handles all of the team's problems when it comes to getting around the mansion, or if they need a meal or anything. Sune remains on her own unless bothered, and maintains a safe distance from the genin made worse by her sarcastic nature. Camille does not put in any appearances throughout the whole event, and when late afternoon rolls around she's still locked away in the library. Remilia is still Remilia, and makes no attempt to buddy up with the mortals. Even when pressured she extends only the same courtesy that a polite host should, and nothing more. The girl spends all of her time in the dark inner parts of the house surrounded by candlelight rather than natural light. Even so, she does make an appearance at lunch and dinner. Though her appearances are plainly courtesy appearances, and she does not eat with the others.

It is not until eight in the evening that Satoko finally comes down from the observatory. She's getting rather sluggish, and is plainly having trouble moving about. Suzunabu had already went off to bed almost the moment the sun had dipped below the horizon, but Satoko had work to do and could not afford the same luxury. The dragon-woman is not wearing the same shawl and outfit she had before. Instead she's wearing a pink-and-white pinstriped pajama top, and naturally nothing adorns her snake legs. She's still draped in golden jewelry, and it's a wonder whether she sleeps in that or not. Regardless, Satoko aims to find Manabu as quickly as possible despite her rapidly descending lethargy. Once she finds the young man she produces a scroll with six bands of color around its center: Red, brown, white, blue, yellow, and green. Each band wraps totally around the scroll's center, and they're stacked in order from top to bottom.

"This scroll is for you, young mortal. It is keyed solely to your blood, and will not work with anything else. When used, it will draw out all of your chakra and summon a dragon appropriate to your strength. You need only perform the Summoning Technique while holding this scroll in order to initiate the trial, but the trial will not end until either you or the dragon have been slain." Satoko carefully hands the relatively large scroll over to Manabu. It's easily the size of a large club in the young boy's hands, and would weigh him down if he weren't a ninja. It doesn't seem to have any seams for opening it, and certainly lacks any visible way to see the scroll's contents. Unfortunately the dragon-lady has already drifted off to sleep before Manabu can question Satoko on how to open the scroll. Neither Remilia nor Suzunabu are anywhere around, and Satoko proves incapable for Manabu to move on his own.

Princess Tracy
2012-12-07, 05:52 PM
Amon spends the day working out some crafting routines and training. If she was here until tomorrow, she might as well be productive. Maybe that Uchiha girl would be interested in teaching her genjutsu...

Amon finds Momo sometime around noon. "H-hey, Momo, how are you?" she asks, approaching her if she seems to not be busy with training. "Um, would you care to train together? Two heads are better than one, right?" Also I shoudl check up on my offer... "Um, also, there was something I brought up earlier and you told me to ask you later so..." Will you go out with me? God you're needy.

Jacior
2012-12-09, 12:32 AM
Manabu takes the heavy scroll and bows again before the Sage. "I thank you for this oppourtunity." He says before looking up and seeing that she is asleep. "Goodnight, Satoko-sama." He carries the scroll with him back outside and lays it under his head as he looks up at the stars.

Cespenar
2012-12-09, 03:13 AM
Amon does find Momo training, but she doesn't act dismissive. "Oh, you're a Genjutsu user too, then?" she asks, curious.

When confronted, Momo smiles, again, mildly surprised. "You are persistent, aren't you?" she jokes, and shrugs after a moment.

"Sure, why not?" she says with a smirk.

Princess Tracy
2012-12-09, 04:28 AM
"Well... I am a bit of a genjutsu user, I know a lot of theory and a few decent techniques. But I rarely get occasion to use it - most of them affect a single target and most the time when we're up against a single target, well... they're a jounin, or something," Amon remarks with a nervous laugh. "And let's face it I lack that specialist's 'edge' that would let me fight any kind of powerful threat."

Amon gains quite the obvious schoolgirl smile at Momo's sudden acceptance. "Eh?" Hell, she wasn't even expecting it to come so quick - just like that? She looks around for a bit, blushing and flustered, before turning back to Momo, laughing nervously again. "Th-thank you. I mean, I know it's inappropriate to ask on a mission when you must have a lot on your mind, but... um, I wasn't sure when I'd see someone so b-beautiful again." Don't just say she looks nice. Anyone could say she looks nice. Compliment her personality or something. How do I go about bringing that up? Won't it sound creepy if, just after meeting her, I start...

Amon clears her throat, parting the red of her face ('begone, blushing!') and smiles more confidentially to Momo. "So, do you want to hang out now or...?" Amon hadn't been playing the game for a while - crap, what do I do in an early (normal) relationship again? "O-or if you're busy right now we could just train right now and catch a movie back in town, I guess.. I, ah, I'm sorry to keep putting you on the spot, I guess it's kind of what I do"

Amon so far hasn't shown anyone on Team Maaya her prosphetics

Cespenar
2012-12-09, 07:05 AM
Momo grimaces a little at the girl's extreme nervousness.

"Come on, don't thank me. I'm not doing you a favor for gods' sake," she says, her tone a little accusing.

She outright ignores the "beautiful" comment, afraid that she'll go too much into a teacher mode about relationships if she begins to address that.

"Let's train for now," she offers. "At least it will give you a chance to feel comfortable around me." She slaps her shoulder jokingly.

"Now, what jutsu were you thinking of?"

Princess Tracy
2012-12-09, 07:27 AM
Amon finally figures out that she's making Momo uncomfortable. "Sorry. I've just been hanging out with shinobi for too long, I guess," she excuses herself, seeming a little more serious.

"Ahem, as for techniques... I guess I learned a few specialised techniques, but I should probably go back to basics. That or maybe the Temple of Nirvana... I was hoping to work my way up to a way to disappear like Cybele does. You've seen her do that, right? I know I can't master the ability like she has, I'm not a genius after all, but I figured maybe something similar..."

Translation: Minor Illusion, Temple or Nirvana or Shadowmeld. Along with a few others.

"In return... Should I help you learn a ninjutsu?" Amon offers playfully, seeming a little excited as she thinks of her hijutsu. "I know this one move - help me find a fairy to test it on and I'll show you."

Cespenar
2012-12-09, 07:51 AM
"Temple of Nirvana?" Momo says, intrigued. "Now, that's powerful. It's a good pick if you're already well equipped with support and stuff, and would like to do some offense. Though I could show you a defensive genjutsu instead, if you're getting attacked in melee too much. I've only recently learned it myself."

She perks up on the talk of the ninjutsu.

"Is it too painful? If not, why not try it on me? I'd not risk upsetting her servants if I were you."

Pretense of Speed is what I'm referring to.

Princess Tracy
2012-12-09, 08:14 AM
"Hmm... sounds snazzy. Sure I'd be able to learn it? I know the Endgame Relief, Mind Blank and Sleep techniques myself," Amon chatters about genjutsu training. "Ha, and your brother taught me a trick to apply with my genjutsu kai. It didn't do much good against any of the Uchiha I've met so far though..."

I think Pretense of Speed has Genjutsu Adept as a prereq, so I probably couldn't learn it unless I retrain something for GA
"T-try it on you?" Amon asks, suddenly less sure of herself. I tend to get really weird when I use it, I don't know...

"Well, it's a little hard to explain, see, it works kind of like a genjutsu in that it suppresses your will and, well..." Amon shifts from foot to foot, thinking. Biting her lip for a moment, she finally nods. "..Okay, I'll use it on you. But you have to trust me and promise not to freak out okay?" In truth, she likes to feeling of using the technique - so applies it whenever she can, but showing that side of herself to a girl hat just agreed to go out with her... Well, she asked for it.

Amon props herself up against a chair to catch herself when she falls. "Okay. Just hold still and I'll use it, okay? I promise it won't hurt."

If Momo agrees to the terms, Amon will perform the Mind Transfer technique to possess Momo's body.

Cespenar
2012-12-09, 08:32 AM
Momo hesitates for a second, having second thoughts about letting her defences down against someone she doesn't really know very well, but then steels herself.

It's probably nothing serious. The girl worries too much already.

"Okay, I... trust you. Hit me."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-09, 08:51 AM
Amon nods, not saying much as she concentrates on the hand seals. With the final seal, thrusting both her hands out to face Momo with her fingers in the shape of a heart, she completes the technique, projecting her consciousness into the other kunoichi's body...

I believe this is how Zero ruled the technique is supposed to function

If Momo doesn't resist, she finds her consciousness suppressed; she'll remember everything that happens afterwards but for now her mind has no say in the matter as her body takes on someone else's will... Amon slouches into the chair, or rather the empty shell for her mind collapses safely. In her new body, Amon puts her hands on her hips, standing tall and victorious. "Ha ha, it's been a while," the possessed Momo remarks in her own voice.

Amon-Momo takes a few steps to find some sort of mirror, and sure enough as she peers at her reflection, a rather pleased looking Momo stares back at her. "This is my hijutsu: the Yamana Amon Method - Mind Transfer. I made it a while back and I've been working to increase it's power recently. Right now, I'm in control of your body; your voice, your chakra, it's all the same under any degree of investigation, making this a perfect infiltration technique if you can master it."

Amon gives a girlish giggle and a hop, relishing her new legs oddly. It's so nice to move freely again. Amon stops herself from looking over Momo any more, realising she shouldn't overstep any personal bounds. This display of the technique is already pushing it as far as her trusting me afterwards... "Sorry, I'll leave your body now." Amon remarks with a respectful bow to thin air. With that she forms a hand seal and dispels the technique.

Amon yawns, standing up in her own body as she averts the gaze of the Uchiha girl, leaving the likely dazed Momo in control of herself again. "Um, sorry about that, I understand if you're uncomfortable... it's a pretty intrusive technique. I try to only use it on people I don't know..." She gulps. "If it makes you feel better, you could use a technique on me," she quivers, terrified of being subject to genjutsu.

Cespenar
2012-12-09, 10:14 AM
At first, Momo is caught by the hopelessness of being unable to move one's own body while still being aware, but she catches on pretty quick, and soon ceases to will herself free, focusing more on the intricacies of the jutsu. It was a pretty strong one indeed. And such should hijutsu be.

When she finally takes control of her body again, Momo puts a hand on her head and takes a moment to come about. It was a telling experience, and one she should learn from, if she's to develop a hijutsu on her own.

"It's... it's okay. Wasn't painful, at least. A little frightening at first, but that's just reflex. It's even somewhat enjoyable, when you learn to let go, though I doubt other people would feel the same way." She chuckles lightly.

"Still, a pretty powerful technique. And your own hijutsu. Are you sure you want to share it with me?"

At the talk of getting even, however, she shakes her head. "Nah, I don't care about that, but I can show you Temple of Nirvana if you want."

I'm not sure how ZN will rule, but I fear Momo can't give Amon any bonus under the default rules.

Princess Tracy
2012-12-09, 11:00 AM
"You found it... Enjoyable?" Amon blushes as Momo appraised the technique. "I-if I'm being embarrassingly honest, I feel really giddy and powerful whenever I use the technique... that, and it's nice to feel whole again. I mean with this body's wounds..." Amon trips as she tries to stand, falling back into her seat. "Oh, speak of the devil. My foot turned itself off when I left my body. Um.."

Amon looks awkwardly from Momo to her striped sock. Shrugging, she supposes "Well, you'd find out eventually I guess. Not to sound weird, but could you help me take this sock off? It's a little awkward from this angle..." Amon can lift her leg at the base a bit but seems to have trouble extending it, just letting her shin dangle in front of Momo.

With some effort (a little less strenuous if Momo helps, Amon gets the tight fitting sock off of her leg, discarding it to the side. Where her knee terminates, below is where flesh and bone would be there is only wood; some intricate artificial foot, her prophetic leg. She gives it a bit of a crank in a way that looks like it would be painful if the leg were active, cycling her chakra uselessly at it for a bit, before reaching into her bag for a tool or two and in no time at all, the leg suddenly springs to life, twitching. Looking chuffed with her repair job, Amon stands up from her chair, beaming to Momo. "There we go. Not terribly flattering, is it?" she remarks, tapping her leg. She looks sad for a moment before trucking on. "Well...That's kind of why it's fun to use someone else's body - I can hop without it in the back of my mind that my old leg might snap." That and it's so funny when I hold someone's very mind captive to my whims. Wait, what? No...

Amon looks a bit embarrassed, reaching for the discarded sock as she motions to replace it and cover up the ugly old leg. "Well, you've seen a couple of rather embarrassing angles on me in the last few minutes. Not the most dashing romantic, am I?" Amon jokes. She has quite some trouble getting the sock on again; all the little moving parts and inhuman bulges in her leg suggest that to get it on in the morning before meating team Maaya, she either sewed it ono herself or spent about 10 minutes trying to cover up her deformity

Cespenar
2012-12-09, 02:11 PM
Helping Amon take the sock off with nothing but a raised eyebrow, Momo looks rather astonished as she sees her uncover, and then repair the prosthetic leg.

"Don't tell me you made this yourself?"

She opens up her Sharingan momentarily to look at the chakra regulation through the leg.

"Embarrassing? What are you talking about? This is rather awesome if you ask me. I mean, no one wants to lose a leg, of course, but you can't help what you can't help. And you seem to be coping with this rather well."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-09, 02:34 PM
"Well, no by myself - sensei made it for me. She's the best," Amon explains with a smile - not really sure how else to take the attention. "Though with what I've been learning under her, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for me to make one myself at this point."

She raises an eyebrow, looking a bit embarrassed as Momo looks her over with the Sharingan. That means of all the things on me, the leg will be the one thing she'll unerringly remember forever. Well then.

"Well, I wouldn't say I cope with it 'well'," Amon remarks modestly. "If I was any less of a mechanic, this thing would have crumbled entirely by now - it isn't the best material, and it was one of Alice's earlier models of it's kind, so it breaks a lot. But next to losing the leg in the first place, I can deal with this fairly well I guess..." she admits a little solemnly towards the end.

Giving up on the already stretched sock, Amon stuffs the striped fabric away in her handbag, then stands at last, giving her leg a nice 'stretch'. She smiles, extending a hand to Momo. "Thank you, Uchiha-san," she says, a genuine joy in her voice as she finally relaxes around the Uchiha. If she allows her, Amon takes Momo's hand in her own as they walk. "I could do with a walk to get my leg started again. Would you care to escort me?" With a laugh she adds, "I might fall over otherwise," indicating to their joined hands. "Then we can get some good training in, 'kay?"

Bad Situation
2012-12-10, 02:04 AM
Pleased that he was now rid of Amon, Yousuke allows his mind to wander to other, pettier things. And as a result, he remembers the original purpose of their mission. "I requested an extended stay so that I might ensure Camille's comfort. I should make good on my word." But according to Satoko and Suzunabu, the girl had all but confined herself to the library. He would have to do something about that. Especially if he wanted to give her the gifts purchased back in Grass. There was something just wrong about sending parting presents by mail, after all. "I want to see you...before I go. Before it's too late for me to see you ever again." Even with Satoko's presence easing the girl's descent, how much longer did the girl truly have to live.

Finding his state of dress inappropriate for the task, Yousuke returns to his room for a fresh change of clothing. But instead of his standard combat outfit, he picks out a more traditional robe from his pack. A long flowing garment of green more akin to something Youki would wear around the house. It was not something he wore often, but in the safety of Satoko's home he saw no reason not to.

Finished with his preparations, Yousuke finds the library entrance tries to enter. Failing that he finds a spot on the ground to sit and wait. If she would not let him in, he would wait for her to let him in. She would emerge from her self-imposed solitude eventually. And as a Konpaku swordsman, he could be as patient as death.

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-10, 04:44 AM
Yousuke

The library (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJaao7ew7uk)'s door is open, and inside he finds a strange sight. The "library" contains massive bookshelves that tower over the young boy, and each one stretches all the way up to the lofty ceiling. Was the ceiling so tall? Each bookcase seems less like a container for books and more like a support pillar for the ceiling. Piles of books sit unsorted and unattended among the veritable jungle of novels and information created by the bookcases. A long ladder with small wheels at the base rest against each bookcase, and it's obvious that the ladders would be necessary in order to retrieve any books that aren't sorted on the lowest rungs. The "library" stretches far and deep into the house. The far wall is shrouded in shadows, and Yousuke's eyesight isn't quite good enough to penetrate the darkness beyond a few feet. A bright wall of light illuminates a pair of bookcases down the row from Yousuke. If the sky-nin investigates, then he finds a young girl in a black dress. The young girl is flanked by a fairy holding a thin candle, and another fairy floats near the bookcase above the young girl.

The flickering candlelight reveals a young girl (http://i.imgur.com/nIco2.jpg) with bright red hair. Her left arm is in a cast, and her right arm points toward novels for the fairy. Her black dress is reminiscent of an office lady's uniform, and the red tie does nothing to dispel this image. A pair of black shiny dress-shoes adorn her petite feet, and she absentmindedly clicks her shoes against the floor as she waits for the fairy to actually be useful. A pair of thin black bat-like wings poke out from her hair where her ears would be, and a pair of longer body-sized black wings adorn the girl's thin back. Her slender form belies her age, and Yousuke's best guess is somewhere in her mid-teens. The cast-clad young girl squints her red eyes as she tries her best to read the labels from the ground, but even if her eyesight was good enough to pick out the book she wanted the fairy likely wouldn't recognize it. Yousuke's experience with the tiny flying girls taught him that they're dumber than sacks of bricks, and about as useful as an anchor when you're trying to swim. The girl doesn't seem to have noticed Yousuke, and the fairies are too absorbed in what their doing to pay any attention to the young man.

---

Six Days Later

The day of Manabu's test is finally here, and the child prodigy has to learn how to tame a dragon... Or die trying. The early morning sun has finally burned away all the dew from last night. Satoko and Remilia gathered everyone who wishes to be there at the edge of the Mansion's grounds. The young mistress of the mansion sits in a small chair flanked by Suzunabu, and the tall redhead keeps a small frilly and pink umbrella over Remilia's head. The young girl had a pair of small glass tables with enough chairs set out for anyone who wishes to sit down as they watch the spectacle. Satoko is dressed in her normal fair, though she's divested herself of all her gold and jewelry in favor of a simple pair of ruby bracers. The dragon-lady rests beneath a large tree on the edge of the forest, and waits patiently for Manabu's arrival. Camille is busy with her research, and she's being helped by the young librarian so neither of them show up. Sune wouldn't watch a death-match between a boy and a dragon, so naturally she has busied herself elsewhere. Maaya sits a few chairs away from Remilia, and just watches the whole event with a blank expression.

A crowd of fairies have gathered in the sky above the makeshift battleground, and all of them are loudly whispering amongst themselves concerning Manabu's chances of survival. None of them make any real effort to stay quiet, and only a scant few believe Manabu can possibly succeed. In fact, many of the fairies have shown up in their aprons so as to avoid getting their clothing messy from any potential blood sprays from down below. Of course, none of those who brought aprons realize they could simply fly out of range of any potential blood splatter. The fairies have come to the conclusion that Manabu is simply a walking dead boy, and have shown up because they wanna see a human get mauled to death. Neither Satoko nor Remilia have made any effort to silence them, those Suzunabu does throw occasional glares that they're unable to see due to her umbrella. Regardless of the thoughts of the crowd Satoko raises her right hand, and all the fairies go deathly silent in response. "We have gathered here today because a challenger has stepped forward to claim his birthright." Satoko speaks loudly, and with clear dramatic flair concerning the event.

"This supplicant desires to exercise his right descended from the First Sage, and sign a contract with the I, the Dragon Sage. Are there any among you who would refuse his right?" Satoko waits, but it's obvious for simple dramatic effect. After all, who could refu--

"I do." Maaya casually raises her hand from her seat, and waves it toward Satoko. "I refuse because his life is not his to throw away. He belongs to the Sky."

Satoko nods, then turns toward Manabu wherever he may be. "Is this true, contractor? Are you subservient to another or an institution?"

Bad Situation
2012-12-10, 05:21 AM
Yousuke approaches slowly, not wishing to alarm the young girl. Though he opens his mouth to inquire about Camille's location, the sight of her cast quiets his request. Frowning, he crosses the room in long, even strides until he finally finds himself beside her. Feeling something like pity for the injured girl he nods to himself and knows what has to be done. Without so much as a word, Yousuke lifts the red-haired girl into his arms and jumps onto narrow ledges of the bookcase, using his chakra to plant them safely on the structure. Smiling to himself, he holds the girl in front of the shelf containing her quarry and waits for her to make her selection. It filled him with some measure of pride, helping out an injured party. In fact, he hadn't even needed his grandfather's timeless advice to know what he had to do here.

As a matter of fact, the scenario was eerily similar to the drama his grandfather had forbid him from watching so many years ago. Something about passion in a library...oh well. Vaguely however, he remembered the line uttered by the dashing protagonist in the film before his grandfather had destroyed the television with a well-placed sword strike. "I apologize for my forwardness madame but this humble swordsman could not live with himself if he allowed a fragile beauty such as yourself go unaided."

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-10, 07:39 AM
Yousuke - Six Days Ago

"Ehh!?" The girl lets out a surprised yelp as she's abducted and taken into the sky. Yousuke's leaping ability gets him to roughly where the girl was pointing with little fuss, and his use of Tree Climbing ensures that the duo don't fall. The young librarian is naturally quite flustered for a moment, but eventually gathered her wits about her. She wiggles a little as she struggles to pick out the book she wanted, and eventually retrieves the aged tome. The girl points to the ground shortly afterward, and if Yousuke takes her down then she bows to the young man in return. "T-Thank you, honored guest. I fear that without your help I would have been relying on the fairies for quite sometime. I'm afraid they are not quite as skilled as I was led to believe."

The girl tucks the book under her left arm, but she moves slow enough that Yousuke gets a good look at it. It's titled Medical Practices of the Turtle Clan, and authored by the Third Turtle Sage. The thick collection of writings barely fit under her cast-clad limb, but she doesn't relinquish the book if Yousuke offers to help. Whether Yousuke offers to help or not, the girl tries to leave quickly. "I'm afraid I must get this book to another honored guest. I hope you forgive me, Sir."

Jacior
2012-12-10, 11:18 AM
Manabu is carrying the scroll in his hand as he walks towards the set up area, feeling the heavy weight as he holds his possible death. He walks confidently, unhesistant in his steps. He had come to terms with what might happen long before this day. He sets the scroll on the ground on it's end as Satoko speaks, the morning air feeling good as he breathes deeply and calmly. At least... Until Maaya speaks in protest.

"I am a Shinobi of Soragakure. This is true." Manabu says seriously. "But what I choose to do with my skills in the purpose of improving myself is my choice. I do not intend to die here today."

Overlord Rion
2012-12-10, 11:34 AM
Takuya was visibly relieved when he heard Maaya-sensei speak up in protest. Then Manabu opened his big mouth and words fell out again.

I'm beginning to think you're a bad influence.

Gee, ya think?

Takuya wasn't in the mood today to let somebody die, unless he killed them. Why, he didn't know-

Momo got a girlfriend.

Not helping.

He really wished the voice would sto-

Interrupting you so can focus?

Really? Really? You're going to keep this up?

Until you stop trying to act like badass.

Well, the voice was in for something else. Takuya wasn't trying to be a badass. He was just going to make sure Manabu wasn't going to die. Even if Takuya had to take a few hits himself.

That sounds remarkably like trying to be a badass.

Bad Situation
2012-12-10, 02:00 PM
"Ah!" Yousuke flashes the girl a smile, "You must mean Camille. I am actually here to visit her, you see. I do not know where she is at the moment, I must profess. Perhaps you will show me the way? Would you like me to carry your book?"

When the girl tries to leave, and refuses his offer to help no less, he frowns and picks her up from behind. "If you leave in such a hurry you will aggravate your wound. I apologize for my selfishness but I will not have your injury weigh on my conscience so. Please lead the way. I will get you to your desired location to the best of my ability."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-10, 04:08 PM
Six days ago

Amon walks with Momo for a bit as she looks for Manabu. "So... if you don't mind my asking, how good is Manabu? Does he use a weapon? I'm something of a blacksmith, but... I don't have a forge on hand, sorry."

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-10, 04:25 PM
Present Day - Manabu Arena

Satoko closes her eyes as the young man speaks, then nods at Manabu when he finishes. It's almost as if she simply accepted his explanation without complaint. "Well spoken, but being beholden to another changes things a bit." Satoko nods once more, then looks to Manabu and speaks with a more solemn voice than normal. "Supplicant, do you understand that once you have made a Pact with me, that Pact supersedes your loyalty to all others? You will be a Dragon first, and a mortal second in all things."

Whether Manabu accepts or not, Maaya stands up once more. "I protest! The Sky cannot afford to lose its ninja, and he is one of them." Satoko simply slowly turns her head toward Maaya, and gives the older jounin a plain glare.

"Quiet", and with that said she turns back to Manabu, "speak contractor. Where do your loyalties lie?"

Yousuke - Six Days Ago

The girl nods when Yousuke asks to be shown the way, and starts to do so until Yousuke attempts to pick her up again. She looks at the young man with an irritated gaze, then simply stretches her wings and flutters them. A swirling whirlwind of dust catches the two of them, but the young girl continues to beat her powerful wings in the air. Her body lifts up, and in a scant few seconds she's taken up into the air. The girl rights herself in the air, and is soon just glowering down at Yousuke. "Honored guest, you should not be so forceful. It is quite rude, and frankly insulting." That said, she does motion for the lantern-carrying fairy to follow her, and flies slow enough that Yousuke is able to follow along the ground if need be. Unfortunately she seems to have forgotten that her loose uniform allows the young man to see right up her dress.

She guides Yousuke deeper into the Library, through several twists and turns among the massive bookcases, and eventually stops in front of a simple room with a large glass window. The window has letters written across the glass that reads "Office", and inside Yousuke can see a familiar purple-haired girl wearing what look like pajamas. She's flicking through a large tome much bigger and heavier than a human-sized book, and has the look of intense concentration on her face. Even from further away Yousuke is able to see the bags forming under her eyes, and can tell that she hasn't slept. Yousuke's winged guide heads to a small wooden door on the side of the room, then steps through and bows to Camille. "Honored guest, I have brought the tome you requested." She moves over to stand beside Camille, then places the book down beside her. The librarian then leans down and whispers something to Camille.

Listen DC 15
"A pushy young boy is here to see you. Should I show him out?"

Camille looks up, and looks around for Yousuke.

Jacior
2012-12-10, 04:32 PM
Manabu nods slowly, calmly. "I have made my decision. I will see it through, to whatever end awaits."

Cespenar
2012-12-10, 04:48 PM
Six Days Ago

"How good? To be honest, this will be the first time I'll see him truly in battle. I heard back in Soragakure that he is supposed to be some kind of kid genius. Well. Let's hope that's true.

"As for weapons, I see him carrying a special sealed one, but I don't think he's a Taijutsu specialist or anything. I assume it's for versatility."

Princess Tracy
2012-12-10, 05:00 PM
"Versatility, huh...? I figured he must be some kind of genius - at his age I hadn't even enrolled in the Academy. How do you think one gets fast-tracked like that anyway? Some powerful parents or something to put him forward?" Amon banters away. "...I hope he wins. I don't know why, but I kind of like that kid. Satoko doesn't seem like she wants him dead, but it also seems out of her hands. This fight is barbaric, but... I guess with Dragons there's no reasoning with them. Though you could always try."

Amon fidgets for a bit before bucking up the courage to speak. "Hey, um, don't take this the wrong way, but thanks for letting me use my technique on you." She blushes, knowing how weird the situation was. "It's really nice to have a complete body, if only for a few seconds, you know?"

Clearing her throat, she adds "I guess I could make you my apprentice with the mind transfer, since you did agree to go out with me," she remarks, almost as if confirming that. Really, Amon just felt some closeness with the Uchiha family of Soragakure. "Plus having someone to spot me might help me take this technique to the next level."

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-10, 05:21 PM
Present

Satoko just nods. "Very well. You may begin. May the Sage watch over you, supplicant, and may he not find you wanting." With that said, Satoko slithers off to the side of the arena. She curls her tail up into a seat for herself, and simply waits for the event to get underway.

Maaya growls, but sits down and says nothing more.

If Manabu performs the summoning technique, then the scroll reacts. It glows bright blue and begins pulsing with energy. As soon as Manabu starts putting chakra into the technique he feels the scroll drawing more of his chakra. Even if he attempts to cut it off, the scroll draws on his chakra anyway. It's like a heavy weight rests on his soul, and the scroll draws his energy deep into the whirlpool of power contained within. Its power swells, and turns into a tumultuous hurricane of energy. Visible lightning lances out from the scroll in every direction, but the bolts are only a foot long. A visible aura of green energy envelopes the scroll, and the aura pulses and undulates as Manabu finishes up his technique.

Eventually, the boy finishes his technique, and a massive explosion of smoke originates from the scroll. The black cloud obscures any vision into whats going on, but eventually it subsides. Standing thirty feet away from Manabu is a silver scaled dragon (http://i.imgur.com/q6H2a.jpg) not much bigger than a very large dog. It stands about the same height as the young boy from the Sky, and watches him with its brilliant emerald eyes. A thin beak-like nose flares as it takes in his scent, and the scent of the things nearby. It's curled up on the ground as if it were sitting down, and its barbed tail lashes lazily against the ground. It bears four limbs, two forelimbs and two legs, which all bear three large toes with razor-sharp talons. A thin green beard hangs down from its beak-like chin, and it shakes its head slightly. Satoko looks rather confused, and opens her mouth to speak. But then she remembers her place as arbiter of this occasion, and simply sits back and waits instead.

The dragon looks at Manabu with disinterest, then looks to Satoko and then to the crowd. Finally, it turns back to Manabu, and seems to study the young man carefully. "Hm." It grunts in obvious disdain. The dragon speaks in a deep voice unfitting its size, and continues to stare at Manabu. It watches the young man no matter where he goes, or what he does. "Satoko-chan? Did you summon me here for this youngling? Don't tell me a mortal child is causing you trouble, Satoko-chan. It'd cause quite the uproar back home if I told them that the great Dragon Sage summoned I, Fuuhahakobikomuarashi, to deal with a single human child."

Satoko says nothing, but does look at Manabu with a sadness in her eyes. For the first time since this trial started Satoko finally displayed a sense of visible worry and regret.

zeone3000
2012-12-10, 05:44 PM
Houshi can't help but say, "That is a looong name."

Bad Situation
2012-12-10, 06:06 PM
Following

"And this 'pushy young man' is pained to see you in such a state."

Will finish after I get back from my exam.

Present Day
Yousuke frowns at the sight of the small dragon. According to the legends, the reptile's small form his a great danger, the dragon's name belied its true danger. With a low voice he informs his companions of the danger present. "I fear for your teammate's life Uchiha-san. Fuuhahakobikomuarashi is a truly ancient dragon, from the time of the Sage. Do not let him size fool you. In ages past he was known as The Lord of the Western Sky, a dragon of immense power who reveled in the carnage of his victims. If I remember correctly, Fuuhahakobikomuarashi has much to prove to the dragons. It is my belief that he will take this challenge lightly."

Turning back to Manabu, Yousuke stares at the impetuous boy with something like disinterest. The young 'genius' has been given many opportunities to bow out of the challenge. It was now his own responsibility to succeed, or die trying. Without looking at Momo or Takuya he says, "It may be best that you make your peace."

Jacior
2012-12-10, 06:23 PM
Manabu bows before the dragon. "No, it was I who summoned you, Fuuhahakobikomuarashi-sama." He says, straightening himself. "I have decided to try my hand at making the Dragon Blood Pact. Satoko-sama crafted the scroll that allowed me to summon a dragon as my opponent. It seems that my opponent is you." He frowns slightly.

"Though, as much an honor as I feel it is to face you, I fear that I will not make it through the day."

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-10, 06:31 PM
Present

The dragon's tail lashes behind it in anger as it glowers at the young man. "Mh. A mortal child summoning one such as myself? Hmph. I do not believe it. Kneel and grovel mortal, and I might consider only maiming you for your obvious lies. Maybe if you grovel well enough I could be convinced to let you go without incident." The dragon's tail thumps as it hammers the ground. It's obviously quite irate, but its eyes never leave Manabu. The young man gets a distinct feeling of being studied rather than merely watched. Almost like it was running through the ways to cut him down in its mind, and simply waited for the best moment to strike. Its emerald eyes narrow as it draws upon some kind of thoughts or ideas. "Yes, if you beg properly then I shall let you live."

Jacior
2012-12-10, 06:39 PM
"Believe what you wish. If I had any intent of lying to you, why would I do it in front of the Dragon Sage herself?" Manabu draws his sword. "My name is Hara Manabu. I am your summoner, and I shall be your opponent. I've already accepted that I might die today." He assumes a stance more prepared for fighting. "And therefore, I will not grovel for the life I am willing to give."

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-10, 07:01 PM
Present

"Very well then." The dragon sighs, then stands up and shakes it head to clear out the cobwebs. The dragon's head is quite larger than Manabu, and it seems to be the size of an adult human. Smoke billows out of its throat and nose as it speaks. "Then I shall make you a deal child. If you survive what comes next, then I will consider you a proper summoner. Prepare yourself youngling." With that said, the dragon's body explodes into... a swarm of clouds? A field of white clouds flows outward from where Fuuhahakobikomuarashi had once stood. Manabu is left standing on his own, and dozens of white clouds lazily drift through the small clearing without regard for their height. The clouds do not float skyward as they should, and the entire swarm of them remain close to the ground.

Spot/Listen checks and Initiative, please.

http://i.imgur.com/CuHUu.png

Legend: Dark green - Trees, 150ft
Regular green - Grass.
Light Green - Manabu.

Fuu was 30ft west of Manabu at (9,10) when he exploded into clouds.

Fuu's Init: [roll0]

Jacior
2012-12-10, 07:13 PM
Manabu grips his blade tighter and looks around, trying to see where the dragon went.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Init: [roll2]

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-10, 07:17 PM
Present

Manabu is unable to see where Fuu had disappeared to, but judging by the dragon's size and possible degree of stealth he can safely say that it's not within 30ft of him.

Jacior
2012-12-10, 08:08 PM
Manabu held his ground, drawing up his defenses. "Hiding? Some sort of genjutsu?" He murmured to himself, yellow eyes bright with excitement and darting around.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Taking Total Defense Action, +4 AC

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-10, 08:35 PM
Present

The clouds float lazily past Manabu. The sun's bright, the sky's clear, and the grass smells strongly of morning dew. It's almost a picturesque scene of happiness. The only thing to ruin it is Satoko's somber gaze settling on Manabu's face. Prior to this Satoko had spent the entire week joking about how she was quite happy to finally have another apprentice. She expected a child to summon a childish dragon, and her surprise reflected in her somber nature now. She did not want to watch the young man die, but the choice was not hers.

Then a silver bolt shoots out of the forest and aims to crash into Manabu. The dragon darts toward the young human with impressive speed, and the clouds break apart as a result. The creature transforms into a whirlwind of teeth and claws as it draws close to the boy, and in particular its long sinuous neck darts out as it attempts to bite Manabu's throat.

Fuu charges Manabu, using his Shadow Assassin feat to Death Attack the young man. It had studied him prior to the fight, and elects to use the paralysis version instead of the lethal version.

Bite Attack Roll: [roll0] vs Manabu's AC of 19(13+2 vest+4 total defense)
Bite Damage Roll: [roll1] + [roll2] Sneak Attack
Manabu needs a DC 11(13 - 2 for being non-dragon) Fort Save or he'll be paralyzed for 3 rounds.

http://i.imgur.com/3zowH.png
Legend: Same as before and as below
Red - Fuu

Princess Tracy
2012-12-10, 08:35 PM
Present

Amon stands at the sidelines, not really able to sit. She's spent the entire week training and crafting and generally acting a bit like a shut in except when she shared training with Momo. She positions herself closest to Momo at the nearest wrung 'safe' radius to watch the fight. She clutches what looks like a pile of clothes in her arms to cover some sort of shaft - a gift for Manabu if he needs it...

Amon bites her lip as the dragon mauls Manabu, waiting to see how he takes the attack...

Jacior
2012-12-10, 08:44 PM
Manabu raises his arm and deflects the worst of the possible damage. "I'll not be had as such." He lashes out with his own blade, boosted by the jutsu he had learned in the week.

Action: Kenjutsu: Kudari Uchi, 1 chakra

HP: 37/44
Chakra: 18/51
AC: 15

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-10, 08:54 PM
Present

Manabu's sword skitters off its glittering silver scales, and the dragon immediately resorts to a vicious counterattack with its claws and teeth. It would be trivial to realize that the young boy can't possibly stand there and trade blows with it.

Afterward, the dragon just smiles with its bloody teeth. "Good. You won't die that easily. I'll enjoy ripping you to pieces mortal."

No map because no one moved from the last one.

Fuu full attacks Manabu.

Bite [roll0] - Damage: [roll1]
Claw [roll2] - Damage: [roll3]
Claw [roll4] - Damage: [roll5]

Jacior
2012-12-10, 09:08 PM
Manabu gasps and jumps backward in a series of small hops. He sheathes his blade and performs a series of handsigns, calling into existance clones.

Actions: Back up 40 feet, Sheathe Weapon, Bunshin no Jutsu (5 Chakra)

HP: 16/44
Chakra: 13/51

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-10, 09:36 PM
Present

The dragon just watches Manabu scramble away, and makes no attempt to attack him despite the boy showing an opening. It slowly stalks closer, and a throaty laugh escapes its muzzle. "Haha. Running. Pathetic mortals. Do you see your apprentice scrambling in the dirt like the maggot he is, Satoko-chan?" The dragon takes in a deep breath. Its chest expands in a grotesque manner as it raises its head to the sky. Suddenly it whips its head forward and shouts violently. "PATHETIC!" A blastwave of electrical energy emits from the creature's throat, and a bolt of lightning tears Manabu's formation to pieces. Three clones explode in smoke, and Manabu is with just two others. The dragon belches a ring of smoke, then laughs once more. "Be a good little mortal and die already."

http://i.imgur.com/QEBwQ.png
Legend: Same as before plus-
Light blue - Clones.

Fuu uses its lightning breath, and destroys three clones as a result. Manabu lacks Evasion, and Fuu does a minimum of 12 damage with its lightning breath so there's no possible way the clones would survive being lightning'd. [roll0] rounds until it can breathe lightning again.

Jacior
2012-12-10, 10:07 PM
Manabu sees the futility of his actions and greatly regrets ever thinking he had a chance against such a beast. He uses Kawarimi and moves to the tree, his other clones moving towards other trees. From the tree, he tries to piece together the dragon's defense.

Actions: Kawarimi to 1,4. Clone 1 (7,9) to 9,3, Clone 2 to 13,4, Kawarimi Clone to 2,14

Exploit Weakness Roll: [roll0]

HP: 16/44
Chakra: 12/51

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-10, 10:18 PM
Present

The dragon casually saunters closer to one of Manabu's clones. It's clearly enjoying this, and has no interest in speeding things along if it doesn't need to. "Come now child. I thought you were proud! I thought you were brave! Where is your precious human magic now? It's nothing. It's as worthless as you are. It's as worthless as your family! It's the greatest achievement of your entire species, and it was squandered by you filthy warm-bloods!"

http://i.imgur.com/b5XdR.png

Fuu takes two move actions, moving 15ft each time north.

zeone3000
2012-12-10, 11:03 PM
Houshi was getting angry at the dragon's arrogance towards mortal, "Oh, if I could summon one those... I show him what mortal are capable of."

Bad Situation
2012-12-10, 11:57 PM
Yousuke simply rolls his eyes at Houshi's statement. "Though what Fuuhahakobikomuarashi says may be off-putting, what he says holds some merit. Our lives are but a blink of the eye to creatures as ancient as them. Though I find the old lizard's words infuriating, I will not attempt to quarrel with a beast much wiser than I," he says, without a hint of anger on his face.

"Hara-san knew that his failure would result in death, and in spite of several warnings and attempts to sway him otherwise he persists with his course. He has chosen to test his pride against the beast. We will see how far this pride will take him."

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-11, 12:37 AM
The Audience - Present Day

Suzunabu doesn't take her eyes off the event, but she does speak plainly to Houshi and Yousuke. "Please do not think we are all quite so arrogant. Fuuhahakobikomuarashi has a great personal hatred for humans. His words should not be taken as anything more than the mewling of a child denied his favorite toy."

Jacior
2012-12-11, 12:56 AM
Manabu spends as much time as he thinks he can get away with building up moe chakra. He directs the clones to move behind the trees they were heading for. He readies himself for the inevitable attack by prepring a Jutsu,

Readied Action: Widened San Ibuki: 15 feet across, 6 chakra

Bad Situation
2012-12-11, 01:21 AM
Six Days Ago

Following after the flying girl, Yousuke chooses not to mention her state of dress and instead looks down as he walks, occasionally stealing a shameful glance upward all the while. She would probably just get angry if he mentioned it. Girls were weird that way.

Frowning at the way the red-haired girl chose to mention him, Yousuke spends his time taking in Camille's form. "And this pushy young man is pained to see you in such a state." Rushing to her side, he tries prop her up, careful to avoid bodily contact. "You do not look well, Camille. Is there something I can do for you? I am no longer in the manor's service but I do know where the tea is located. Would you benefit from a cup?"

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-11, 01:35 AM
Yousuke - Six Days Ago

Camille gasps and jumps when Yousuke moves closer. Despite looking for him her mind, dimmed from the lack of sleep, didn't pick up on his presence until it was far too. Camille sighs and shakes her head. The winged librarian shoots Yousuke a dirty look, but Camille doesn't seem to have noticed. However the winged girl doesn't bring up any complaints she may have about the young genin, and leaves without further comment. "I am fine, do not worry. I do not need anything either. I am simply... tired." The girl motions to the large tome on the table in front of her. "I have been pouring over many of the medical references--both mundane and chakra-based--in an effort to better understand the Euryale condition. I hope to cure it, or at least compile a document containing theories on its cure. At least this way my staying here will have done something for the clan."

The Battle - Present Day

Manabu's clones run and hide, and the monster darts after them. It attacks one of the clones with a quick snap of its teeth. Its yellowing dagger-like teeth cleave the clone cleanly in twain, and the fake Manabu explodes in a burst of smoke. The dragon turns toward the real Manabu since he could no longer see the clone. "Well! Two more left. Lets see which one is real, and which one is fake, hmm? Come now mortal. Give me something before you die. At least have some dignity when facing the end!"

http://i.imgur.com/oWCeN.png

Legend hasn't changed.

Fuu moves to attack one of Manabu's clones. If it hits, the clone is killed due to contact with Fuu.

Bite Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Jacior
2012-12-11, 01:44 AM
Manabu sighed and put together hand seals, drawinf on both his chakra and his dwindling energy. Two more clones popped into existance.

Action: Kage Bunshin, 2 clones, (4 chakra), one at 2,6 and 2,7

Health: [roll0]

HP: 12/44
Chakra: 14/51

Bad Situation
2012-12-11, 01:46 AM
Six Days Ago

Yousuke brightens at the girl's desire to cure her affliction. "Then for the length of my stay I will endeavor to aid you in your studies. I am not...well suited for research, not like Amon but if it is for a cause as noble as your own I will do all that I can." It hurt a little, to be so hopeful, when nothing had come from research before, but he could admire the will to try. And if they were lucky, perhaps Camille would find a way to become well enough for her own happiness. But not at the expense of her own health though, "But do promise me you will make time to eat and sleep, Camille. I worry for your health, even now. The research that will undoubtedly spring from your work will do no one any good if your collapsed form is atop it, no?"

Flashing her one of his rare smiles, Yousuke jokingly affixes his maid headdress to his hair bows before backing out of the room, "I will return with your tea at once, mistress."

Cespenar
2012-12-11, 02:18 AM
Momo sits and watches the challenge with Amon at her side, and it can be seen that she squeezes hard on the latter's hand as the battle progresses, but a look on her face would help one pin the reason easily - it's anger, rather than fear.

She turns to meet Yousuke's statement.

"Pride? Such an empty notion to die for," she hisses, though Yousuke can see that her frustration is at the situation itself, rather than directed at him. She turns her gaze back to the battle.

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-11, 02:27 AM
Present

The dragon charges one of Manabu's clones. Its yellow teeth and razor-sharp claws lash out at the shadow clone. The clone, like its less solid brethren, finds itself ripped to pieces by the dragon's teeth and claws. "Is this all? Do you think to tire me out with your human magic? You will need more than this to win child!"

http://i.imgur.com/LVODZ.png

Legend: Same except as below:
Pink - Shadow Clone

Bite Attack: [roll0]
Bite Damage: [roll1]

Six Days Ago

Camille nods. "Ko there has been taking care of my problems. She's been bringing me meals, as well as forcing me to sleep. But I'm more concerned about learning than I am about simply subsisting here. I need to fix this problem, and whether I live to see the fruits of my labor or not is of no consequence." The young girl goes back to her research, and shakes her head once more when Yousuke offers to get some tea. "I am fine, but thank you for the concern."

Jacior
2012-12-11, 02:39 AM
Manabu blinks. "Why?" Was the only word he uttered before he put together more handsigns and released a wire web towards the dragon.

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]

OH GOD PLEASE LET THIS WORK

Bad Situation
2012-12-11, 02:40 AM
Present

Yousuke shrugs his shoulders, "Better men have died for less. Lesser men for even greater causes. It does not, however, detract from the significance of their sacrifice. There is nothing empty about pride, or indeed, anything someone chooses to die for. It simply is. I agree though, that he should have instead found something worth living for, but he has already made his decision. And now he is facing the consequences."

As if amused my Momo's words, he asks, "And then, by your estimation, what is something truly worth dying for? For what glory does the dead lady seek, hmm?"

Six Days Ago

Taking off the headdress with some grace, Yousuke simply sidles up to her side to watch her work. "So...Ko is it? A new friend, perhaps? You make friends quickly, though I imagine it is not particularly difficult the moment they come to know you." Smiling a little, he he looks around the room before he lets his eyes finally rest on Camille, "Other people worry for your well-being you know? Me. Amon perhaps. And certainly this, Ko if he has been attending to you so. A carefully tended tree will bear more fruit if you only allow it time to blossom. Rest in between your bouts of research. It will do more good than harm, I promise."

He would have words with 'Ko' before he left though.

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-11, 02:48 AM
Present

The dragon is caught in Manabu's web of iron wire. Its wings are bound, and its body is held tightly. It thrashes about in an attempt to break free of its bonds. The dragon proves incapable of snapping the iron wire binding its form, and it shouts its anger. "Foolish mortal! Do you think this enough to keep me bound forever? When I recover my strength, I will simply destroy you with my breath!"

[roll0] Strength Check vs DC 25. Impossible to succeed, but it attempts anyway.

Six Days Ago - Yousuke

Camille has nothing more to say, and simply goes back to her studying with a nod of her head. She opens the tome "Ko" had brought, and begins to flip through it quickly.

Yousuke finds "Ko" walking away from the small room with her candle-fairy in tow.

Bad Situation
2012-12-11, 03:01 AM
Six Days Ago

Realizing that Camille wasn't paying attention anymore, Yousuke takes this opportunity to flick at her forehead and rustle her hair before scampering off to find 'Ko'. Finding her with the small fairy in tow, he says, "I really must thank you for looking after Camille. I know she is...bothered by my advances, but I do genuinely want what is best for you, and I am unable to grasp at the answer. But...I do feel better knowing that she is being cared for."

At once, the swordsman bows very respectfully to 'Ko' and smiles in turn.

Cespenar
2012-12-11, 03:08 AM
Momo replies curtly and without looking at him. Several unseemly pauses in her voice gives off the feeling that she's thinking (or planning) something else at the moment, and isn't sparing much concentration on her speech.

"I don't know," she responds honestly. "I don't like to make sweeping statements about stuff yet to come. They usually tend to be wrong. I also don't like black and white views. Death or glory. Win or lose. Justice or mercy. Pfeh." She snorts derisively.

Jacior
2012-12-11, 03:17 AM
Manabu pulls out a paper bomb and charges it rapidly. "You assume I will give you the opportunity." The remaining clone steps over and takes the bomb from Manabu and turns, steps back over to the bound dragon and places it on the ground next to Fuu.

HP: 12/44
Chakra: 5/51

Bad Situation
2012-12-11, 03:19 AM
Present Day

Yousuke listens to Momo with half-lidded eyes, clearly deriving some amusement from the conversation. "And is it truly so? Are life and death not binary? Indeed, there are few absolutes in this world but on the nature of death and rebirth I have found great comfort. What you see as 'black and white' is not so. They are simply aspects of one another, merging to create something greater than itself. There is glory in death such that there is glory in life. A victory can be made ever the more sweet by a loss. And sometimes, the greatest mercies are justice itself."

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-11, 03:19 AM
Present Day - Battle

The dragon lashes out with its long neck in an attempt to bite the clone. The attack rends the poor clone to pieces, and disperses it. "It doesn't matter what you attempt! There's nothing you can do to pierce my hide."

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Cespenar
2012-12-11, 03:29 AM
"Our views of life and death are binary," she corrects off-handedly. "Besides, I just said that I don't believe in black and white views, and you're talking to me as if I do." she says, finally turning to Yousuke, irritated.

"Are you mocking me?"

A portion of her mind reflects on the fact that she's getting irritated by a conversation she would otherwise enjoy - in an appropriate time! But with Manabu's life balancing on the line, how could this... boy... speak so calmly and patiently as if they were in a picnic, killing time?

Bad Situation
2012-12-11, 03:39 AM
Yousuke shrugs away Momo's questions. "No. Or perhaps I am. I become strangely...ambivalent when the prospect of death is brought to my attention. I cannot quite explain it but it is a very...peculiar sensation."

Jacior
2012-12-11, 03:51 AM
Manabu frowns. "You can't escape. This mortal child has won." The young shinobi says seriously. Then commences to use the wire web to tear the dragon into pieces, the wire digging slowly into it's form.

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-11, 04:02 AM
Present Day - Battle

The dragon cannot surrender, and looks at the young boy like the idiot he was for even suggesting as much. Even Satoko just shakes her head, but she's no longer sad. She realized that the dragon was dead the moment it was caught by Manabu's web, and the young boy eventually kills it for the crowd. The disappointing end to the battle disperses the fairies, and eventually the only people remaining are Team Cybele(minus Sune), Team Maaya, Satoko, Remilia, and Suzunabu. Neither the young mistress of the house nor Suzunabu make any movement, and both simply watch Fuu's death with passionless disdain.

Satoko moves over to the bloody mess that was once Fuu's body, and verifies the creature's death. She looks to Manabu then nods. "With Fuuhahakabikomuarashi's death you are free to sign the contract." With that said Satoko points to the scroll Manabu had used to summon the dragon in the first place. "You only need to open that scroll, then sign your name in blood on its pages."

Six Days Ago - Yousuke

"Ko" simply shakes her head. "Do not worry. It is my job to watch over all our honored guests, so long as they remain in the library. Even if our honored guests are unwilling to watch over themselves. "

Jacior
2012-12-11, 04:06 AM
Manabu rubs the blood from his face and recoils his wire. "And how do I open the scroll?" He asks, with little emotion in his voice. He steps over to the body of Fuu and gesture's towards it's head as he speaks. "Would you be offended if I took a tooth? Not as a trophy, but as a reminder."

Cespenar
2012-12-11, 04:08 AM
"It's okay." Momo mumbles, stone-faced, angry at herself for becoming angry at Yousuke. He was probably just being honest, after all. She turns her attention to the battle.

Seeing the new development, Momo raises up in her seat, on the verge of cheering like in a highschool competition. She holds silent, though, and merely exhales a breath - one that she seems to be holding for some time, now that she notices.

ZeroNumerous
2012-12-11, 04:09 AM
Present Day

Satoko just narrows her eyes. "Would I be offended if you desecrated the dead out of sentimentality? Yes, Yes I would. Do not suggest that again, or you will sorely test my patience." With that said, Satoko opens the scroll for Manabu for him to sign.

Jacior
2012-12-11, 04:12 AM
Manabu just nods and takes the already leaking blood from his wounds and signs the scroll.

Bad Situation
2012-12-11, 04:31 AM
Yousuke watches the dragon's death intently, feeling a a strangely familiar sensation shoot through his body. Shaking it off, he turns to look down at Manabu, unable to summon any real congratulations for the victorious boy. "Well, at least he's not dead...Amon would simply become unbearable..." Wondering if he was the only one he asks, "That was...disappointing to say the least. He is still alive though. That is...good to know." He was really at a loss as to what there was to be said. It was rather cut and dry.