PDA

View Full Version : Giveaway started. If I offer you a free ebook, will you review it?

Talanic
2012-11-24, 04:27 AM
Over the course of the past five years or so, I wrote a book. It's the tale of a naive, nice-guy cyborg stranded on a post-apocalyptic fantasy world.

It's been 88 days since I self-published that novel on Amazon, using the KDP select option. That means that until the KDP select period expires, I can't give out electronic copies of my book or sell them anywhere other than Amazon, but Amazon will allow me to give the book away for five days total in that 90 day period. Copies given away for free allow me to garner reviews from people who might not be willing to try a new author, and my Amazon sales ranking reflects how popular my free promo was, theoretically leading to sales after the promo ends. In the four previous giveaways that I ran, Amazon handed out almost 300 copies, which is actually fairly poor.

Today - starting about half an hour ago - is my last giveaway. I took some time to let the book get some reviews back from readers, which gave me a 4.2 star average and some helpful feedback. I'm hoping to get more, if any of you are interested.

Here's the ebook (amazon.com/Chains-Loss-Heros-ebook/dp/B0092YZM94), free for the next 23 to 24 hours. It works on the Kindle or the PC; I'm not sure if Amazon's app will work on anything else.