PDA

View Full Version : AVB - The Felon Team

Rizban
2012-11-26, 02:26 PM
This is a private thread for Aldurian and TheFallenOne and their GM(s). If you're not on that list, reading this thread will activate a memetic kill agent.

The escaped prisoner swordsman steps forward and hacks at the man who just stood back up, dealing (1d8+4)[7] damage.

The guard the faux Watchman just attacked takes a step to the side and then full attacks him. He deflects the first swing, but the follow up attack slips through his defenses to tear a deep gash in his side, dealing (2d8+6)[13] damage.

The second guard takes a step to get back into flanking position and attacks the caster convict, missing.

The third guard hits the swordsman prisoner for (1d8+3)[7] damage.

The fourth guardsman swings his sword blindly in your general direction, missing by a wide margin.

The fifth guard continues to lie in a pool of his own blood, dead.

Determined to bring their numbers down fast, [the false Watchman] again conjures forth fire to envelop his limbs and unleashes a furious assault on the watchman he exchanged blows with, hooking clawed arms into his side and biting at the exposed neck. "Focus your attacks, these guys can take a hit!"

if I can 5 foot step into a flanking position I do so
Claw - (1d20+11)[27] (1d4+11)[12] Riposte - (1d6)[5] Fire - (1d6+1)[3]

Claw - (1d20+6)[11] (1d4+9)[10] Riposte - (1d6)[6] Fire - (1d6+1)[7]

Claw - (1d20+6)[17] (1d4+9)[11] Riposte - (1d6)[2] Fire - (1d6+1)[3]

Claw - (1d20+6)[17] (1d4+9)[11] Riposte - (1d6)[6] Fire - (1d6+1)[5]

Bite - (1d20+3)[22] (1d6+6)[8] Riposte - (1d6)[3] Fire - (1d6+1)[2]
You manage to puncture lungs and slash the jugular of the Watchman. He dies, spraying blood across your body.

Upcoming turn order:
Aldurin
NPC prisoner
Guards
TheFallenOne

Aldurin
2012-11-26, 03:28 PM
Not wanting to take any crap from guards trying to be clever, the caster lashes out with another negative energy touch attack at the guard attempting to flank him.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] damage

TheFallenOne
2012-11-26, 06:43 PM
how did you end up with melee touch -1 at level 6? :smallconfused:

Martial Spirit heals 2 HP on our swordsman(first attack), 18 on me.

Aldurin
2012-11-26, 06:47 PM
Oh right, forgot to add BaB to my touch attack. So it's really a +2, making the attack roll 16.

Rizban
2012-11-26, 09:56 PM
The caster drains the man again.

The swordsman swings, but his attack is blocked by the guard's armor.

The two surviving, nonblinded guards realize that the imposter Watchman is the most significant threat, focusing their attacks entirely on him.

Three of their attacks hit him, dealing [roll0], [roll1], and [roll2] damage.

TheFallenOne's turn.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-27, 04:09 AM
A mad grin shows on his face as the wounds they deliver penerate his skin, but don't inhibit him, and he comes at one of them with singleminded abandon.

DR activated
attack first guard to attack me

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

[roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

[roll6] [roll7] [roll8]

[roll9] [roll10] [roll11]

[roll12] [roll13] [roll14]

TheFallenOne
2012-11-27, 04:11 AM
well, that certainly was lucky :smalltongue:

[roll0] [roll1]

Rizban
2012-11-27, 12:29 PM
Your third claw attack finishes the man off.

Turning to the last remaining guard, you tear into him with one claw and your bite attack, leaving nasty wounds.

Aldurin's turn.

Aldurin
2012-11-27, 12:51 PM
Knowing that his contribution is piss-poor compared to the vicious humanoid but still wanting to end this fight faster, he goes with the same touch attack on the remaining guard in the fight.

"We'll need to finish off the blind one if you want to cut down on witnesses."

[roll0] attack [roll1]

Rizban
2012-11-27, 01:15 PM
"Like hell you will!"

The guard slashes into the 'vicious humanoid', again hitting twice for [roll0] and [roll1] damage to TheFallenOne.

Hearing you speak, the blinded one figures out where to find the escapee, and manages to land a single lucky blow, dealing [roll2] damage to Aldurin.

The escapee swordsman steps in to attack the blinded man, hitting for [roll3] damage.

TheFallenOne's turn.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-27, 02:38 PM
DM only
Using Reflexive Psychosis renders me confused. This defaults me to attacking whoever attacked me first and doing nothing else

A confused character’s actions are determined by rolling d% at the beginning of his turn: 01-10, attack caster with melee or ranged weapons (or close with caster if attacking is not possible); 11-20, act normally; 21-50, do nothing but babble incoherently; 51-70, flee away from caster at top possible speed; 71-100, attack nearest creature (for this purpose, a familiar counts as part of the subject’s self). A confused character who can’t carry out the indicated action does nothing but babble incoherently. Attackers are not at any special advantage when attacking a confused character. Any confused character who is attacked automatically attacks its attackers on its next turn, as long as it is still confused when its turn comes. A confused character does not make attacks of opportunity against any creature that it is not already devoted to attacking (either because of its most recent action or because it has just been attacked).

So the fourth claw and bite will be used to further mutilate the corpse. Martial Spirit still heals me to full with three hits. Pity to waste some of these lucky rolls though, but better be honest about it.

The fierce four-armed human doesn't seem to register what the others say, shredding his last victim even when he is well past dead. When the last non-blinded guard attacks him his eyes become unfocused for a moment, but then he turns and spits a chunk of meat of his companion into the man's face and attacks.

DR

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

[roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

[roll6] [roll7] [roll8]

[roll9] [roll10] [roll11]

[roll12] [roll13] [roll14]

TheFallenOne
2012-11-27, 02:42 PM
DM only again
err... Reading that again, it says attackers, not attacker as I thought, so nevermind. I always read that wrong.

Rizban
2012-11-27, 03:22 PM
Though only two of your claws find purchase, he has been drained enough by the caster that he succumbs to your assault, falling to the ground unconscious by alive.

Aldurin's turn.

Aldurin
2012-11-27, 03:39 PM
"Excuse me for a moment." He walks up to the unconscious guard, whispering an incantation and touching him. "Did you manage to find the spies you were looking for? I'm kinda curious since I searched the lower cells and they were empty."

DM Only
Casts Deathknell on the guard, DC 17 Will save or the guy dies, giving me +2 strength, [roll0] temp HP and +1 caster level for 10 minutes per HD of the guard.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-27, 03:48 PM
"No, I need one of them alive", the man answers when his bloodlust subsides for a moment. "There are multiple cell blocks mostly identical to this one."

Aldurin
2012-11-27, 03:57 PM
"We'll take the blind one then, he'll make a less problematic prisoner."

Rizban
2012-11-28, 12:17 AM
DM Only
Casts Deathknell on the guard, DC 17 Will save or the guy dies, giving me +2 strength, [roll0] temp HP and +1 caster level for 10 minutes per HD of the guard.
He fails his save and had 6 HD.

The blind guard hacks back at your swordsman ally, dealing [roll0] damage.

"Hey! Would you two shut up and give me a hand here?"

TheFallenOne
2012-11-28, 04:07 AM
He grabs the blinded man, putting him in a painful joint lock. "You're the last one alive. Want to keep it that way better answer my questions."

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
Heal 2 to swordsman if hit

Rizban
2012-11-28, 09:58 AM
You manage to grab him.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-28, 10:09 AM
"Well then, cooperation or death? You sadly can't see what fate awaits you if you refuse, but let me tell you it's pretty gruesome."

Rizban
2012-11-28, 10:28 AM
"Let him go now, and surrender yourselves to the King's justice. This is your only warning."

You turn to see a massive man standing between you and the only known exit. At a mere 7 feet tall, his bulging muscles speak more clearly to you than do his words. His legs, it appears, are not his own. Rather, they have been replaced by what appears to be the powerful legs from a golem of some kind.

(Also, roll initiative again, please.)

Aldurin
2012-11-28, 01:36 PM
[roll0]

At least it's not the docks at night.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-28, 01:51 PM
oooooh, boss fight

Two men part beast facing off; this could get interesting. He pushes the blind watchman away from himself like asked, but in the direction opposite the newly arrived. "I don't think highly of justice pal, and I doubt yours entails any way for us to survive, so why surrender. I would like to know the name of the one who faces me in battle. Would you believe how stubborn some of these guys are, got cut to ribbons before answering such a simple thing."

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] on the meaning of the legs

Rizban
2012-11-28, 10:44 PM
The huge man before the fugitives gripped the lapels of what appeared to be his black suit jacket. He cracked his neck to the left, then to the right. "My name is diCarto. And do not say I did not warn you."

He assumes a combat stance, his right foot forward. Beneath the pant leg appears to be a green glow. He begins to flicker insanely in all directions. A tower shield orbits him. He has a very large guisarme in his hands.

"The only way out, gentlemen, is through me." He beckons, his lips pressed together into a flat line.

Despite winning initiative, he simply waits for you to surrender.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-28, 11:02 PM
He draws a wand and readies himself for combat. "That one looks nasty, got something to weaken him a little? Or perhaps some more of your boneboxes", he says to the caster.

Knowledge Local 25 should let me identify his race. Depending on how noteworthy he is perhaps some details about him specifically as well.

Draw wand of Blood Wind, shuffle Essentia, ready action
Blink outside his melee range if he attacks me

I'm a little unclear on the distances here

Rizban
2012-11-29, 12:01 AM
The man is about 45 feet away, and your knowledge check reveals that he is not, in fact, humanoid. Indeed, he appears rather monstrous...

Aldurin
2012-11-29, 02:14 AM
"I have some ideas but I need some time." He moves closer to diCarto (just under 40 ft away) casts a ray spell toward him and scans the area for resources.

Rizban you jerk give me back my spell component pouch.

Spell is Ray of Exhaustion, [roll0] ranged touch attack inflicting [roll1] strength penalty for 7 minutes. No save. Range of the spell is 40 ft, thus the movement.

Ok, now awkward questions go.

Is anyone sweating? Preferably himself, but I'll deal with the awkwardness of wiping it off of someone else.

What color and material of clothing is on the dead guards? Yes it does matter when I have to Macgyver material components.

Rizban
2012-11-29, 05:20 AM
Had I been the one escaping from prison, my goal would have been to find a spell component pouch before charging into melee... I'm just saying..."You were warned."

diCarto leans slightly to the side, avoiding the ray with no effort.

He seems to take only a single step forward but is suddenly by the caster's side. He bends and twists, delivering a harsh kick to the back of your knees, tripping you with enough strength that you cannot resist. He slams the heel of his metal foot into your chest, driving the wind out of you and dealing [roll0] nonlethal damage.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-29, 05:39 AM
He activates his wand and claws at the air, each time a visible slash going through the air at diCarto.

[roll0] [roll1]

[roll2] [roll3]

[roll4] [roll5]

[roll6] [roll7]

[roll8] [roll9]

5 foot step away from him before this if less than 15 feet between us. If more than 15 I make the step afterwards

What did the swordsguy do?

Rizban
2012-11-29, 06:10 AM
Snapping out of his reverie, the swordsman with you panics.

"P..P...Perry!"

He throws his sword down and run away as fast as he can.

TheFallenOne then gets in his attacks. All but one of them misses, but that one seems to impact against his suit without causing any damage to him or the suit.

((I belive Aldurin's character is unconscious at this point.))

"Not so fast."

diCarto charges down the hallway towards the fleeing man, knocks him to the ground, and incapacitates him with nonlethal damage.

"Two down. One to go."

TheFallenOne's turn.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-29, 06:22 AM
"Well, close enough", he says with a coy smile. "I still got something to do here. Wonder if you can keep up?"

move away 30 feet, out of line of sight if possible. Blink straight up. Ceiling height +5 feet.

Rizban
2012-11-29, 01:16 PM
Make a Will save.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-29, 01:37 PM
DM
I use my 1/minute +3 bonus from Madness [roll0]

Immune if mind-affecting

Rizban
2012-11-29, 01:42 PM
You find yourself in a 10 x 10 x 10 stone room. There are no doors or windows. A few holes no larger than two centimeters in diameter have a slight breeze coming from them, apparently providing ventilation.

Aldurin
2012-11-29, 01:56 PM
Am I still unconscious or is it just him in the room?
e: I assume the will save means TheFallenOne's character blacked out and was imprisoned.

Rizban
2012-11-29, 02:34 PM
You're still unconscious in the hallway. He didn't black out at all. It was only one round.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-29, 02:37 PM
The fugitive takes a short moment to open his Bag of Holding to check on the passenger again. "Howdy, how are you holding up in there?"

any features in the room or just blank?

Rizban
2012-11-29, 10:52 PM
The room is just blank stone with the few small holes.

Your bag of holding no longer appears to be on your person...

A strange odor begins to fill the tiny room. Make a Fort save.

Aldurin
2012-11-30, 02:47 AM
I think we're winning, but as long as TheFallenOne's character dies first at the hands of the city then I'll call it a victory.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-30, 05:59 AM
"... The hells?" Soon as he can he blinks upwards outside the room.

[roll0] curses

Rizban
2012-11-30, 06:48 AM
He fails the Fortitude save and falls unconscious.

An indeterminate period of time later, the two of you awake in adjacent cells, this time in what is obviously a higher security area.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-30, 06:57 AM
"Well, this sucks." He looks about his body, checking for the presence of his Soulmelds.

[roll0] to know what the hell happened. Did they somehow redirect my Dimension Door target?

Rizban
2012-11-30, 06:59 AM
Your soulmelds seem to have been suppressed... No longer being affected by the effect or being in the same area, there is a penalty to your check. You are uncertain exactly what happened, but you are pretty sure that you ended up somewhere other than where you intended.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-30, 07:19 AM
well, it looks like a Divert Teleport (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/divertTeleport.htm) trap, followed by a Save or Unconscious trap/spell. That's one 7th level effect, the other fairly close... Tough guys. Too bad I failed the Fort save with a +12

Aldurin
2012-11-30, 12:31 PM
"So much for that plan." The caster gets up and examines the door, comparing it to the ones he previously ripped out. "My name's Ian by the way, what's yours?"

Can Ian tell if his spells and powers have gone through their daily reset?

Rizban
2012-11-30, 03:52 PM
@TheFallenOnePretty much...
Your roll was almost high enough...

@AldurinNo, they haven't. Being beaten into unconsciousness isn't the same as resting to regain spells, even if you are out for 8 hours...

TheFallenOne
2012-11-30, 03:57 PM
[roll0] is the most appropriate one I think, if not replace modifiers with the adequate one.

I'd like to know if Zone of Truth or other magical means of a similar nature are used in their justice system before progressing.

Rizban
2012-11-30, 04:30 PM
You know that zone of truth and similar spells are used in court in the case of hostile witnesses. You do not, however, know if such tactics are used outside of the court system.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-30, 05:30 PM
"That voice... Oh gods, this actually happened, it was not just a dream.Oh gods, oh gods, have mercy on my soul..."

just for clarification, was I supposed to have a turn after my Blink was scrambled or did the Fort save thing come immediately?

Rizban
2012-11-30, 06:46 PM
It came immediately, activated by pressure plate on the floor of the cell.

Rizban
2012-12-03, 01:31 AM
Nudge. Did the two of you want to talk more or do you just want me to move things forward?

Aldurin
2012-12-03, 01:41 AM
"You know, I'm kinda surprised that you ended up here, too. Being able to Blink is supposed to be a trump card when escaping giant . . . whatever the hell he was."

Ian continues to examine the cell he's in. "Problem is that I need a proper night's sleep to fully recharge my spells, for now all I can reliably do is slap people with a pitiful amount of magic. I still have a few more to go before I'm out, but I need to be much more selective with them."

"Any thoughts on escaping? They won't drag us out of here for the hearing, we've proven to be too dangerous. If they banish us then we have a chance, but if they decide on execution then our options are worse.

I'd like some more dialogue for a little bit. Also would like a general description of the cell, and the door compared to the ones that Ian was having torn down previously.

Rizban
2012-12-03, 01:50 AM
The cells are about 10 ft x 5 ft with the door in the narrow end and a narrow stone ledge that serve as a makeshift bed. There are no windows save for a small slot in the bottom of the door through which food and waste can be exchanged.

The door this time seems to be solid iron reinforced by steel, much stronger than the reinforced wooden door you were facing earlier.

The faint glowing and almost silent humming buzz in the air gives you a bad feeling. Experimentation quickly reveals that you are being held inside of an antimagic field.

TheFallenOne
2012-12-05, 07:13 PM
oops, missed the last posts. Stopped checking when nothing happened for a while

"They had some traps against teleportation, not that it matters. How... How could he do this to me, make me kill those men...

GUARD! GUARD!" he suddenly calls out loudly.

Rizban
2012-12-06, 10:49 AM
Sorry for the delay on my part. Found myself unexpectedly out of town the past couple days for work.

A guard from just outside the door to the hallway opens a small window in the door and looks inside.

"What do you want?"

TheFallenOne
2012-12-06, 11:19 AM
"Listen!" he says urgently. "That watchman missing from Market, Einhart, ah... Einhart Werner! He is in the Dancing Wizard room 3, still alive. I wasn't commanded to kill him luckily."

Rizban
2012-12-06, 11:29 AM
"Uh huh."

He closes the little door on the window, and you hear nothing further from him.

Aldurin
2012-12-06, 12:07 PM
"Commanded? Man are you one unlucky son of a bitch. I didn't expect you to be this . . . nice after the amount of guard blood you drenched yourself in."

TheFallenOne
2012-12-06, 12:20 PM
"I'm... not unused to fighting. But that was the past. I came to Aldhaven to leave it behind. But this man planned otherwise. I never saw his face, or heard his name. Robes of a blue so dark I first thought it's black, covered with runes I didn't recognize. Your eyes watered if you tried to focus on them too much. Face covered in a skull mask that looked human save for the two small horns protruding from the forehead. He commanded me to capture a watchman and whispered to me the questions to ask. Then I had to break into the Fortress and cut down anyone trying to stop me until I found the spies and killed them all too. I... couldn't resist, whatever task he gave me I executed without question or hesitation."

Aldurin
2012-12-06, 01:02 PM
"That's surprising. Well if you want to get out and make amends you'll need my help, I've got a knack for disguises and the Watch will have our faces posted everywhere if we escape. But all we can do right now is wait, since we're in pretty strong cells and magic is off-limits here."

TheFallenOne
2012-12-06, 06:35 PM
"In the likely event I can't convince them I didn't act on my own volition it's rather questionable I get out of his alive. Let's wait and see." He leans against the wall, awaiting the things to come.

Rizban
2012-12-07, 08:53 AM
After a short time, a stunted older man in a suit enters the hall, accompanied by two guards. The three approach Aldurin's cell where the old man speaks.

"I am from the office of Magistrate Adam Paulus. You have been found guilty of one count of controlling undead within city walls, one count of attempted prison break, two counts of assisted prison break, and three counts of assaulting an officer. You have been found innocent on the charges of murder and of wanton slaughter.

As such, you are offered a choice. You may choose swift, painless execution or permanent banishment from Aldhaven."

Aldurin
2012-12-07, 01:29 PM
"What are the details of banishment?" Ian asks.

Rizban
2012-12-07, 09:34 PM
"You are removed from the city via the nearest gate and allowed to go where you will, provided that it is not back inside the walls of Aldhaven. Should you be caught trying to reenter, use of excessive and deadly force to prevent your reentry is permitted and encouraged."

Aldurin
2012-12-07, 10:04 PM
"Ok, I'll take banishment." Ian said, barely holding back his anger.

Rizban
2012-12-11, 04:57 PM
They slap some magic suppressing cuffs on you and lead you out. You find yourself back in your private thread.