PDA

View Full Version : Advertising: The final frontier

pendell
2012-11-27, 04:46 PM
Because you don't get enough advertising content in every possible situation already (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLQoh8YCqo4&feature=youtu.be).

Be advised: If AE buys content on this media to carry on his stab war with hippie there will be Consequences :smallamused:.

Tongue-in-cheek,

Brian P.

Morph Bark
2012-11-27, 04:51 PM
I can't imagine what the competitor will do to strike the ladies' "market".

noparlpf
2012-11-30, 05:52 PM
Because you don't get enough advertising content in every possible situation already (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLQoh8YCqo4&feature=youtu.be).

Be advised: If AE buys content on this media to carry on his stab war with hippie there will be Consequences :smallamused:.

Tongue-in-cheek,

Brian P.

What. I--what. "Intuitive controls!"

pffh
2012-11-30, 05:55 PM
Yeah those are probably going to get smashed.

What. I--what. "Intuitive controls!"

My guess is you use your joy stick as a joystick.

SiuiS
2012-12-01, 12:23 AM
After consideration, I am all for any scheme which makes men per in the toilet instead of mostly in the same room as the toilet.

Maybe install a guaranteed face height only camera, and if someone soaks the floor their face gets plastered on the wall of shame? I'd invest in that.

noparlpf
2012-12-01, 12:49 AM
After consideration, I am all for any scheme which makes men per in the toilet instead of mostly in the same room as the toilet.

Maybe install a guaranteed face height only camera, and if someone soaks the floor their face gets plastered on the wall of shame? I'd invest in that.

The "wall of shame" being "in the urinals", right?

Anxe
2012-12-01, 02:29 AM
Pee on the screens themselves until management gets rid of them. That **** would be so annoying.

SiuiS
2012-12-01, 03:22 AM
The "wall of shame" being "in the urinals", right?

I dunno. Having some guy's mug shot show across every TV of the establishment with a "CANNOT AIM" subtitle would be terrible and possibly immoral, but the thought is rather satisfying.

GolemsVoice
2012-12-01, 03:40 AM
We aim to please. You aim too, please.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2012-12-01, 09:03 AM
Ads placed over the loo isn't anything new, I'm sure video ads have been done before, as well. The "interactive" aspect probably doesn't work as well in theory as the video implied and the game didn't look that fun, although if you get people too distracted by the game their aim is actually going to worsen.

Eldan
2012-12-01, 11:19 AM
What the ****. No, seriously. If I saw that on a toilet, I'd walk right back out, if it wasn't too pressing. If not, I'd probably close my eyes. I already have problems with other people in the same room while I do that. Now there's computer equipment monitoring me? No. Not ever.

noparlpf
2012-12-01, 11:37 AM
What the ****. No, seriously. If I saw that on a toilet, I'd walk right back out, if it wasn't too pressing. If not, I'd probably close my eyes. I already have problems with other people in the same room while I do that. Now there's computer equipment monitoring me? No. Not ever.

Just use a stall instead. Personally I never use urinals if I can avoid it.

pendell
2012-12-01, 12:22 PM
Ads placed over the loo isn't anything new, I'm sure video ads have been done before, as well. The "interactive" aspect probably doesn't work as well in theory as the video implied and the game didn't look that fun, although if you get people too distracted by the game their aim is actually going to worsen.

My concerns are as follows:

1) What is the most likely way for a person who wants a high score to, um, get one? I imagine people heading in to the bathroom with a keg and, uh, hogging the equipment.

2) I'm concerned that having a person aim at anything other than center might mean even worse aim than currently seen. Maybe a target game?

Anyways ... not for me, thanks. I love games. But not in the bathroom.

That's what mobile phones are for anyway :smallamused:

Tongue-in-cheek,

Brian P.