PDA

View Full Version : First Homebrew

Tarsten Corvus
2012-11-29, 10:14 PM
Ok I am fairly new to D&D so far. after playing in a couple of games i want to do my own creations. I have wanted to do so for awhile and and after watching a couple friends do home brewing. One who has done so for years and another just starting got me kick started.

So here is the idea.
What i want to make is the decaforce sword from Rave master and homebrew is in 3.5. i have the basic sword info and to keep from copy writing i would tweak said sword to be similar. so fellow Play Grounders and Dm's And Homebrewer's.

Any Ideas on the best way to start?

Tarsten Corvus
2012-11-29, 10:36 PM
For Goodies

Tarsten Corvus
2012-11-29, 10:40 PM
Copied from wikipedia

Eisenmeteor

"The Metal Sword"
Eisenmeteor is the Ten Powers' default form. An unusually large iron sword, it cannot be blocked by magic as it is a non-magic sword and is useful in fights due to its weight and size. This ability proved instrumental in battling Sieg Hart. This sword was destroyed by Galein after Hamrio Musica created Ravelt using his silver claimer ability nearly killing himself for Haru; however its form remains in the Rave's memory.

Explosion

"The Explosive Sword"
A sword with no proper cutting edge but creates a powerful explosion on contact with the enemy. It is Haru's first sword gained from Rave and his most commonly used. However, the shock of the impact is powerful to the extent that if Haru uses it in succession too much, it could possibly hurt or kill him.

Silfarion
"The Sonic Sword"
This sword allows the Rave Master to become extremely light, granting great speed and the ability to create blades of air for long-ranged attacks. Silfarion can also be used with Explosion to create a special attack called "Twelve Wings of Fire" where Haru speeds past enemies while hitting them multiple times with explosions. However, the Silfarion is relatively weak as a mêlée weapon and is no more than a normal sword for attacking. This form also allows Haru to catch his opponents unaware. Although its called the sonic sword, its speed is a lot lower than its name implies, and can still be bested by the fastest of opponents.

Runesave

"The Sealing Sword"
A unique jagged sword which cannot cut anything physical but can cut things without a tangible form like lightning, fire, water or smoke. It can also be used to seal magic, and is used by Haru to seal Elie's Etherion. During the battle with the last palace guard, Haru used Runesave to seal his own mind so it could not be read. Later, in a battle between Haru and Lucia, Lucia uses his Decalogue Runesave to seal Haru's Runesave, making him unable to block Lucia's magic attacks, although it unseals when not used against Decalogue. This sword was obtained when Haru wanted to defend Elie against Sieg Hart.

Blue Crimson
"The Twin Dragon Sword"
The Ten Commandments splits into two blades with one having the properties of fire and the other having the properties of ice. The fire and ice can also be used as ranged attacks. To use the sword to its full potential, the user needs to be ambidextrous, making this sword hard to use for Haru since he is right-handed. This sword is also useful in fending off attacks from two opponents simultaneously. During his duel with the various members of Oracion Six, Haru used Blue Crimson to fend off Berial and Reina's combined attacks. Ironically, Haru first uses these twin blades against Let, who belongs to the dragon race.

Mel Force

"The Vacuum Sword"
The sword of air, this form allows the user to fire powerful bursts of air at the enemy to blow them away and paralyze them. This form was achieved during his fight with King.

Gravity Core

"The Gravity Blade"
An incredibly destructive sword that is able to cut through very hard things. However, the tradeoff is its extremely heavy weight and thus requiring great strength to use. Although more powerful than Explosion, it's a very difficult blade to utilize. Haru usually jumps/swings up before switching to Gravity Core for maximum damage.

Million Suns

"The Solar Blade"
Meaning "the force of a million suns." A sword whose blade is composed purely of Light, the holy light generally blinds Haru's opponents and dispels darkness. Used by Haru to defeat Pumpkin Doryu and disable the power of his Dark Bring.

Sacrifar

"The Bloodlust Sword"
The most destructive of all the forms, Sacrifar is a frightening blade of bloodlust that seals the user's emotions except for anger and aggression for the power of immense power. As the sword was not made for Haru (but rather Shiba), the sword will take over the user after sometime (growing along the user's body until it is completely covered). Even Lucia was only able to remain in control for a short period while using the decalogus version of Sacrifar. But, after Musica formed Haru's tenth sword, it has yet been made clear as to whether Haru is still affected by Sacrifar in the same way.

Ravelt

"The Holy (World) Sword"
The most powerful form of the Ten Commandments. When Musica discovers that a tenth form of the Ten Commandments was never made for Haru, he takes it on himself to create one, using a drop of his Silver, left over metal from the first Ten Commandments and a mixture of blacksmith and silver manipulation skills (he almost died from exhaustion in the process). Ravelt has the power to dispel evil and becomes the default sword, (Eisenmeteor was still usable; it just became a form that had to be called upon) while still being able to transform and use the powers of the other swords using Rave. Its name comes from Rave and Welt, the German word for "World".

Star Raver

"The Holy (Star) Sword"[1]
The original tenth form of the Ten Commandments used by Shiba. Shiba used this sword to defeat the final Dark Bring or "Shadow Stone", Sinclaire, in the previous war. This act resulted in the Overdrive, a huge explosion which supposedly destroyed one-tenth of the world. Haru is unable to unlock this form of the sword as it was specifically made for Shiba. This sword has never appeared in the manga, and was only revealed in the author's notes.

Debihuman
2012-11-30, 04:22 AM
Ok I am fairly new to D&D so far. after playing in a couple of games i want to do my own creations. I have wanted to do so for awhile and and after watching a couple friends do home brewing. One who has done so for years and another just starting got me kick started.

We're here to help and good for you for wanting to do this. Welcome aboard!

[quote]So here is the idea.
What i want to make is the decaforce sword from Rave master and homebrew is in 3.5. i have the basic sword info and to keep from copy writing i would tweak said sword to be similar. so fellow Play Grounders and Dm's And Homebrewer's.

Any Ideas on the best way to start?/[QUOTE]

You first decide what kind of sword each one is: longsword, greatsword, etc. I would guess these are all magical so you would have to decide rating +1 or more, and then you figure out each special ability for the sword. There are standard weapon enhancements in the DMG or you can use the online SRD found here: http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm. [Just click on the link]

I recommend you read the FAQ and look at the stickied threads which can help show you how to make tables and such.

The biggest piece of advice I can give is to just get started. It can be fun and challenging. The rules of D&D will sometimes conflict with the original source material. It's best to adhere to the rules until you understand how to break them (and we can help).

For example: "Eisenmeteor is a non-magical sword." In 3.5, it would appear as a non-magical sword when using detect magic but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't magical. What is meant by it blocks spells? Does that mean that spells cast on the wielder fail or are deflected back at the caster?

I'm not familiar with the source material so it helps if you would explain the effects.

Debby

Tarsten Corvus
2012-11-30, 12:09 PM
well the blocking and deflecting spells is almost like a Counter spell affect. One the Sealing sword for example it will cut through spells and other such effects like a hot knife through butter. The normal blocking of it is as if you had a shield up only its through the sword and only that.

Example: if the user tried to use just his arm to block say Fireball it would still affect him the same way. However if he used his sword defensively it would block the Fireball and possible reflecting said attack back at the user.

Basically it treats magic like a Physical object it can block and deflect/.