PDA

View Full Version : Lynx!

Rawhide
2012-12-04, 10:29 PM
Lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx!

Mystic Muse
2012-12-04, 10:49 PM
What's the matter boy, did Timmy fall down the well again? Seriously, congrats on fixing this little persistent error.

TaiLiu
2012-12-04, 10:53 PM
Are you talking about the web browser or the animal...?

Rawhide
2012-12-04, 10:56 PM
Are you talking about the web browser or the animal...?

I'm smurfing smurf about the smurf smurf smurf.

Lateral
2012-12-04, 11:05 PM
Lynx? You fixed the lynx thing?

Shhalahr Windrider
2012-12-04, 11:13 PM
Lynx is lynx-riffic!

ShadowFireLance
2012-12-04, 11:18 PM
So Lynx is no longer a annoying problem!

oblivion6
2012-12-04, 11:21 PM
I'm smurfing smurf about the smurf smurf smurf.

I see someone watched the Smurfs:smalltongue:

I assume this is what the outage was in regards too.

Rawhide
2012-12-04, 11:28 PM
I see someone watched the Smurfs:smalltongue:

I assume this is what the outage was in regards too.

I kissed a smurf and I liked it.

Nah, if that is all it was, the outage would have been only a few minutes. Changes such as that can be made without taking the server offline, then just restart the affected service(s).

oblivion6
2012-12-04, 11:40 PM

Nah, if that is all it was, the outage would have been only a few minutes. Changes such as that can be made without taking the server offline, then just restart the affected service(s).

Up smurf creek without a paddle.

I see. Honestly I was worried I might see another hard several days of forums being out like the last update. My life revolves around this site sadly

Knaight
2012-12-04, 11:41 PM
Lynx!

This needed to be celebrated. I am now done.

The-Mage-King
2012-12-04, 11:47 PM
:Lynx!

lynx lynx lynx :

Anarion
2012-12-04, 11:55 PM
Yay, my favorite type of hunting cat. Lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx lynx!

<3 Rawhide.

Zherog
2012-12-04, 11:58 PM
And I see (by use of preview) that ": " - colon followed by two spaces - is also fixed. Congrats on defeating the stupid server-side filter, and gaining XP. Did ya level?

Siosilvar
2012-12-05, 01:15 AM
I know you usually frown on posts that are just an image, but I feel that this definitely deserves it.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/106/887/backpain-1292835351.jpg

Rawhide
2012-12-05, 02:41 AM
I know you usually frown on posts that are just an image, but I feel that this definitely deserves it.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/106/887/backpain-1292835351.jpg

We also frown on posts that are just the one word over and over. Actually, what we frown on is lack of content. If you can express yourself with a picture, that's OK once in a while.

Rockphed
2012-12-05, 02:41 AM

So, what was the outage about? And I am glad that your estimate of down time was over instead of under. I wasn't looking forward to another day of no Giant boards, and am pleasantly surprised that it is back online in less than 12. I think.

Killer Angel
2012-12-05, 02:50 AM
All hail Rawhide, master of the Lynx!

BTW, I wonder about the reaction of a newcomer, reading this thread... :smalltongue:

Anarion
2012-12-05, 03:26 AM
BTW, I wonder about the reaction of a newcomer, reading this thread... :smalltongue:

I'm sure they'll understand the beauty and nobility of the hunting cats with very short tails. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx)

Socratov
2012-12-05, 04:42 AM
All hail Rawhide, master of the Lynx!

having no clue what you are talking about (I know as much from the words of server stuff that it isn't the great hunting cat). So i can only assume the world ahs gone bonkers and that I'm the last sane man, which oddly enough makes me insane...

NineThePuma
2012-12-05, 05:09 AM
Does this mean I can get my name changed to NineTheLynx now?

Castaras
2012-12-05, 06:37 AM
Lynx Lynx: Lynx Lynx Lynx Lynx Lynx Lynx!

The Succubus
2012-12-05, 07:37 AM
Legend of the Playground: A Lynx to the Past.

Mercenary Pen
2012-12-05, 07:37 AM
having no clue what you are talking about (I know as much from the words of server stuff that it isn't the great hunting cat). So i can only assume the world ahs gone bonkers and that I'm the last sane man, which oddly enough makes me insane...

Talking about a long term issue where the servers reject the attempt to post the word lynx followed by a space to prevent security exploits- which was particularly irksome considering our site doesn't use the software that was being guarded from public tampering.

Elemental
2012-12-05, 07:44 AM
Talking about a long term issue where the servers reject the attempt to post the word lynx followed by a space to prevent security exploits- which was particularly irksome considering our site doesn't use the software that was being guarded from public tampering.

Yet still, I find it hard to refer to the aforementioned cat by name.
I feel like I've been mentally conditioned to avoid it.

Mercenary Pen
2012-12-05, 08:32 AM

You just watch- in a moment somebody will post a load of lynx to pictures of lynxes.

Socratov
2012-12-05, 09:44 AM

Ah. that makes sense now...

Mercenary Pen
2012-12-05, 10:01 AM
Ah. that makes sense now...

Glad I was able to clear that up- now my frequent lurking on board/site issues seems that much more worthwhile... (incidentally, I'd recommend anyone with the time does the same, it at least keeps you aware of potential problems before they affect you... always a good thing in my book)

Archonic Energy
2012-12-05, 10:56 AM

there is no mind control Citizen... move along.

Mono Vertigo
2012-12-05, 11:07 AM
The end of an era.
*single tear*

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-12-05, 12:08 PM
: O

Most excellent. We shall hense forth know this day as International Lynx Day.

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-05, 12:29 PM
Is search coming back online next? >.> <.<

Kelb_Panthera
2012-12-05, 01:04 PM
Ya know, In the nearly three years I've been posting on this site, I've never once felt a need to discuss that particular "big" cat.

For a few minutes there before I remembered that this was a long-term issue, I thought poor Rawhide had finally flipped.

And to remain on-topic; LYNX!!!

CarpeGuitarrem
2012-12-05, 01:14 PM
All hail Rawhide Lynxbane! We shall bestow upon thee a mighty lordship for his valiant battle against the lynxes, to...allow us freedom of lynx.

bluewind95
2012-12-05, 01:27 PM
there is no mind control Citizen... move along.

Psst. It's go back to your fun, not move along.

But yay! We can post about the lynx any time we want now~!

The lynx is one of my favourite cats and animals in general!

I second the question of whether or not search will be re-enabled in the near future. Or is the bandwidth save good enough to keep it disabled?

NineThePuma
2012-12-05, 01:35 PM
Not to put words in Rawhide's mouth, but remember when we had, like, 2 weeks of downtime or some such?

In order to turn the search back on we'd have to have a similar length of downtime AGAIN.

I don't want that, do you?

EDIT:

Okay, so it was only 3 days of downtime, but it felt SO MUCH LONGER.

Anarion
2012-12-05, 01:38 PM
While I could live with the downtime (especially during finals, curse you unproductive forum discussion!) I'd prefer improved speed over any search abilities.

Icewalker
2012-12-05, 02:28 PM
Huzzah! All glory to Rawhide Lynxbane! :smallbiggrin:

(Also, I super approve of the way in which you made this announcement.)

Woooooo!
http://www.wildthingsultd.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/lynxpage2.jpg

Tectonic Robot
2012-12-05, 02:38 PM
While I could live with the downtime (especially during finals, curse you unproductive forum discussion!) I'd prefer improved speed over any search abilities.

Could we have both?

*Blissfully unaware of how forums work*

I could go with three days of downtime if people were all like, "Hey man, this is gunna take three days". Not knowing was pretty, like, "Oh my gosh I have all this freetime and nowhere to waste it what do I doooooo"

NineThePuma
2012-12-05, 02:59 PM
"Oh my gosh I have all this freetime and nowhere to waste it what do I doooooo"

Get a tumblr

Rawhide
2012-12-05, 08:49 PM

Henceforth, this will be referred to as "The Lynx Effect".

Anarion
2012-12-05, 09:03 PM

So, the people who suffer from the condition won't be able to tell anyone what condition they suffer from?

Rawhide
2012-12-05, 09:18 PM
So, the people who suffer from the condition won't be able to tell anyone what condition they suffer from?

A bit like how people with a lisp can't say lisp properly...

Fear not, I have a solution! They can substitute a word and call it "The Axe Effect".

Shhalahr Windrider
2012-12-05, 10:10 PM
The end of an era.
*single tear*

A tear of joy, right?

A bit like how people with a lisp can't say lisp properly...

Or how Captain Marvel, Jr. can’t introduce himself.

Elemental
2012-12-06, 12:35 AM

What? I can't get it named after me? Seriously... All that time avoiding a certain species of cat, and you don't get to go down in the history books...

Rockphed
2012-12-06, 01:41 AM
What? I can't get it named after me? Seriously... All that time avoiding a certain species of cat, and you don't get to go down in the history books...

I wonder, is the curved yellow fruit still forbidden conversation?

Kumori
2012-12-06, 01:52 AM
I wonder, is the curved yellow fruit still forbidden conversation?

I don't think that's related to any server/software/technical issue, so yes, I do believe the fruit of monkeys remains taboo.

Castaras
2012-12-06, 07:41 AM
Banana Banana Banana Banana BANANA!

You're not the boss of me!!!

Rawhide
2012-12-06, 08:05 AM
You're not the boss of me!!!

http://www.photo-dictionary.com/photofiles/list/739/1155stepladder.jpg

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL LADDER!!!

Archonic Energy
2012-12-06, 08:27 AM
takes 2d6-1 pun damage

Fear not, I have a solution! They can substitute a word and call it "The Axe Effect".
takes 3d6 pun damage

Psst. It's go back to your fun, not move along.

LYNX
meh, close enough. :smallamused: