PDA

View Full Version : Divine Archer [Pathfinder; Prestige Class]

Nightskies
2012-12-08, 12:52 AM
I've made this for a player along with his help, and I'd like some extra input. The concept is going for a more martial archer than the inquisitor or cleric can achieve while maintaining a decent caster capability. The martial ability is achieved through Diversified Training, the bonus feats and Divine Strike. Some things I'm particularly wondering: is the 10th level ability enough to keep leveling Divine Archer past 8th? Likewise, is Greater Bane, Graceful Reach, and Blindsense enough to keep one past 4th? Or is it all too powerful? Advice sought. This is nearly a copy as posted on the Pathfinder homebrew forum. Kept the fluff down to a minimum.

Divine Archer

Hit Die: d8

Requirements
Base Attack Bonus: +6
Feats: Weapon Focus (any bow or crossbow), Point-Blank Shot
Skills: Knowledge (religion) 6 ranks, and Craft (bow) 6 ranks or Craft (weapons) 6 ranks
Spells: Able to cast 1st level divine spells.

Class Skills
Perception, Ride, Survival, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (nature)
Skill Ranks at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Table: Divine Archer
LVL Special
1st Bane (Su), Diversified Training
2nd Monster Knowledge (Ex)
3rd Bonus Feat
4th Divine Strike (Su)
5th Blindsense (Ex) 30 feet
6th Bonus Feat
7th Graceful Reach (Ex)
8th Greater Bane (Su)
9th Bonus Feat
10th Destined Shot (Ex)

Base Attack Bonus: 2/3 as cleric progression
Fort / Ref: +1 at 1st, +2 at 3rd, +3 at 5th, +4 at 7th, +5 at 9th
Will: +1 at 2nd, +2 at 5th, +3 at 8th
Spells: +1 to divine spellcaster level at 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 10th

Class Features

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A divine archer gains no weapon or armor proficiency.

Spells per Day: At the indicated levels, a divine archer gains new spells per day as if he had also gained a level in a divine spellcasting class he belonged to before adding the prestige class. He does not, however, gain other benefits a character of that class would have gained, except for additional spells per day, spells known (if he is a spontaneous spellcaster), and an increased effective level of spellcasting. If a character had more than one divine spellcasting class before becoming a divine archer, he must decide to which class he adds the new level for purposes of determining spells per day.

Bane (Su): At 1st level, a divine archer can imbue a bow or crossbow with which he has weapon focus with the bane weapon special ability as a swift action. He must select one creature type when he uses this ability (and a subtype if the creature type selected is humanoid or outsider). Once selected, the type can be changed as a swift action. This ability only functions while the divine archer wields the weapon. If dropped or taken, the weapon resumes granting this ability if it is returned to the divine archer before the duration expires. This ability lasts for a number of rounds per day equal to the divine archer’s level. These levels stack with any other class with the Bane ability to determine the number of rounds per day. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.

Diversified Training: A divine archer adds his divine archer level to any levels of fighter he might have for the purpose of meeting the prerequisites for feats (if he has no fighter levels, treat his divine archer levels as levels of fighter). He also adds his level to any levels in a divine spellcasting class for the purpose of meeting the prerequisites for feats.

Monster Knowledge (Ex): At 2nd level, a divine archer adds half his divine archer level to all Knowledge skill checks when making skill checks to identify the abilities and weaknesses of creatures and may make such checks untrained. The bonuses gained from this ability stack with those gained from Bardic Knowledge.

Bonus Feat: At 3rd level, a divine archer may choose a bonus combat feat. This is in addition to the feats that a character of any class normally gets from advancing levels. The character must still meet any prerequisites for these bonus feats. A divine archer gains an additional combat feat at 6th and 9th level.

Divine Strike (Su): As a swift action, the divine archer can imbue a bow or crossbow with which he has weapon focus with a fraction of his power. For 1 round, his weapons deal +1 sacred damage and are treated as magic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. For every five divine caster levels he possess, this bonus increases by +1, to a maximum of +5 at 20th level.

Blindsense (Ex): The divine archer learns to be more aware of his surroundings even while focused on his target. He gains the blindsense ability with a range of 30 feet. If the divine archer has the blind fight feat, he also gains blindsight with a range of 15 feet.

Graceful Reach (Su): Trying to stay out of melee, the divine archer's ability to give aid to his allies is improved. Spells with the (harmless) discriptor gain short range of 30 feet + 5 per divine caster level. The target must be willing, or the spell fails automatically.

Greater Bane (Su): At 8th level, whenever a divine archer uses his bane ability, the amount of bonus damage dealt by the weapon against creatures of the selected type increases to 4d6. If the divine archer gains Greater Bane through another class, this damage increases to 6d6.

Destined Shot (Ex): At 10th level, once per day, a divine archer may consider the last attack roll of any iteration to be a natural 20 (before the roll is made). He then rolls twice for the critical confirmation roll and takes the higher result.

Frostblade
2013-03-15, 10:17 AM
I myself have been looking at trying to do this and i like what youve done here but in my version i left in most of the archer arrow abilities just in tthe instance of the elemental stuff i made it divine. Im not sure what the divine will be ....maybe holy or channel enery witth extra uses of it or those could be healing shots. And you het the free feat that let you channel your energy (POSITIVE) IN MY CASE THROUGH HER DEITYS WPN ( ERASIL SO THE LONGBOW) SORRY FOR THINGS BEING IN CAPS???NOT INTENDED IM ON MY ROOTED NOOK
WHAT YA THINK.

Frostblade
2013-03-15, 10:19 AM
And for a name of the class i was thinking righteous arrow or divine mark