PDA

View Full Version : Spell list for a divine dusk blade(3.5 D&D, spell list, PEACH)

bobthe6th
2012-12-15, 08:29 PM
Ok, so most people think the dusk blade is a solid T3 gish class, with a nice spell list and good abilities. It makes a fighter that can cast without needing to multi class or being obscenely overpowered.

It is in fact what people wish the paladin was, or hell the cleric most of the time.

So as I was working on the concept of a divine gish class, I made a spell list.
I took the cleric and druid list, and cut them down to this. thoughts?

Spell list:
0:Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Flare, Guidance, Know Direction, Light, Read Magic, Resistance, Virtue.

1:Bane, Bless, Cause Fear, Comprehend Languages, Cure Light Wounds, Detect Chaos/Evil/Good/Law, Detect Undead, Divine Favor, Doom, Endure Elements, Entropic Shield, Hide from Undead, Inflict Light Wounds, Magic Fang, Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law, Remove Fear, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith, Faerie Fire, Jump, Longstrider, Pass without Trace, Produce Flame.

2:Barkskin, Bear’s Endurance, Bull’s Strength, Cat’s Grace, Chill Metal, Delay Poison, Gust of Wind, Heat Metal, Resist Energy, Restoration, Lesser, Spider Climb, Aid, Align Weapon, Augury, Calm Emotions, Cure Moderate Wounds, Hold Person, Inflict Moderate Wounds, Remove Paralysis, Shatter, Shield Other, Sound Burst, Zone of Truth.

3:Bestow Curse, Blindness/Deafness, Contagion, Cure Serious Wounds, Dispel Magic, Inflict Serious Wounds, Invisibility Purge, Magic Circle against Chaos/Evil/Good/Law, Magic Vestment, Prayer, Protection from Energy, Remove Blindness/Deafness, Remove Curse, Remove Disease, Water Breathing, Water Walk, Magic Fang, Greater, Neutralize Poison, Poison.

4:Air Walk, Cure Serious Wounds, Freedom of Movement, Reincarnate, Rusting Grasp, Death Ward, Dimensional Anchor, Discern Lies, Dismissal, Inflict Critical Wounds, Restoration, Spell Immunity, Tongues.

5:Stoneskin, Transmute Mud to Rock, Transmute Rock to Mud, Atonement, Break Enchantment, Commune, Dispel Chaos/Evil/Good/Law, Disrupting Weapon, Plane Shift, Raise Dead, Slay Living, Spell Resistance, True Seeing, Banishment, Dispel Magic, Greater, Find the Path, Undeath to Death, Wind Walk.

Zman
2012-12-15, 08:54 PM
Don't you mean Divine Duskblade?

I'd give them the ability to cast in armor, no need to wait for Armored Mage.

As to the spell list, it feels a bit too versatile, but should be ok. Pretty much can negate the need for a cleric in most games.

I don't see any major problems with it.

bobthe6th
2012-12-15, 09:36 PM
Added thought, perhaps allow them to spend spells to give out healing, instead of the cure spells? Like spellxCLx2 points of healing? So 2 points per spell at first level, up to max 170HP at 17th level.

Don't you mean Divine Duskblade?

yes, fixed.

I'd give them the ability to cast in armor, no need to wait for Armored Mage.

yep.

As to the spell list, it feels a bit too versatile, but should be ok. Pretty much can negate the need for a cleric in most games.

hmm... well, duskblades have a limited number of spells known. So they really only have a few spells on the list...

I don't see any major problems with it.