PDA

View Full Version : The Eldritch Sneak [Rogue/Warlock PrC]

PersonMan
2012-12-16, 06:22 AM
Author's Note:
So, I've had this class, and a few other Warlock/X theurges, lying around for a while as part of a bigger project to theurge Warlock every class with literally every other base class. The project has...sort of stopped, for now at least, in part because I realized that even at 1 PrC a weekend it'd take close to a year to finish and I haven't been coming even close to that output.

But, here's one of the classes I made for it, the Eldritch Sneak.

The Eldritch Sneak

Prerequisites:
Class Features: Sneak Attack +1d6, Evasion, Detect Magic
Invocations: Must know at least 2 invocations

Hit Die: d6
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Invocations

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2|Eldritch Sneak Attack 2d6, Eldritch Reflexes|+1 level of existing invocation-using class

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3|Sneak Attack +1d6, Uncanny Dodge |+1 level of existing invocation-using class

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+1|
+3|Eldritch Cloak, Eldritch Sneak Attack 3d6|+1 level of existing invocation-using class

4th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|Sneak Attack +2d6, Trap Sense +1 |+1 level of existing invocation-using class

5th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|Eldritch Sneak Attack 4d6, Improved Invocations|+1 level of existing invocation-using class

6th|
+4|
+5|
+2|
+5|Sneak Attack +3d6, Eldritch Penetration 20% |+1 level of existing invocation-using class

7th|
+5|
+5|
+2|
+5|Eldritch Sneak Attack 5d6, Improved Uncanny Dodge|+1 level of existing invocation-using class

8th|
+6/+1|
+6|
+2|
+6|Sneak Attack +4d6, Trap Sense +2, Eldritch Penetration 35% |+1 level of existing invocation-using class

9th|
+6/+1|
+6|
+3|
+6|Eldritch Sneak Attack 6d6, Softened Steps|+1 level of existing invocation-using class

10th|
+7/+2|
+7|
+3|
+7|Sneak Attack +5d6, Eldritch Penetration 50%, Breaching Sneak Attack|+1 level of existing invocation-using class[/table]
Skill Points per level: 6 + Int modifier
Class Skills: Appraise, Balance, Bluff, Craft, Disable Device, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge(arcana), Knowledge(local), Knowledge(religion), Knowledge(the planes), Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: An eldritch sneak gains no proficiency with weapons or armor.

Eldritch Sneak Attack: Starting at level 1, an eldritch sneak can imbue her sneak attacks with eldritch energy. She can strike without fear of creating an opening for enemies, but only with a limited amount of eldritch power.

An eldritch sneak can apply this bonus damage to any sneak attack she makes equal to that on the table, or her Eldritch Blast damage, whichever is lower. Even if an enemy is immune to sneak attacks, the eldritch sneak still deals this damage when the normal conditions for sneak attacks are met.

Eldritch Reflexes (Su): At level 1 an eldritch sneak's reflexes are increased when using eldritch power. Whenever an eldritch sneak uses an invocation, they gain a +1 bonus to AC and reflex saves for 1 round per grade of the invocation(1 for least, 2 for lesser, 3 for greater, etc.).

At 5th level this bonus increases to +2.

At 10th level this bonus increases to +3.

Uncanny Dodge: At 2nd level an eldritch sneak gains Uncanny Dodge(see the Rogue entry in the Player's Handbook). If an eldritch sneak already has uncanny dodge from a different class they automatically gain improved uncanny dodge (see below) instead.

Eldritch Cloak (Su): At 3rd level an eldritch sneak can call up supernatural darkness to help her blend into her surroundings. An eldritch sneak gains a bonus to Hide checks equal to their eldritch sneak level.

Trap Sense (Ex): At 4th level an eldritch sneak gains the same intuitive sense for traps that rogues do, albeit at a slower pace due to their concentration on manipulating eldritch energy. At level 4 this gives an eldritch sneak a bonus on Reflex saves made to avoid traps and a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks made by traps, or increases existing bonuses by 1.

At level 8 this bonus increases by 1.

Improved Invocations: At 5th level an eldritch sneak gains access to the next highest grade of invocations(for most eldritch sneaks, these are lesser invocations), and may exchange the knowledge of one invocation for another of the new grade.

Eldritch Penetration (Su): At 6th level an eldritch sneak learns how to strike at specific points of creature's bodies to interrupt the flow of animating energy or other forces keeping them together. Whenever an eldritch sneak uses Sneak Attack or scores a critical hit on a target immune to either, they have a 20% chance to deal their extra damage, despite the immunities.

At levels 8 and 10, this chance increases by 15%.

If a target has a percent-based chance of ignoring extra damage from critical hits or sneak attacks, the chance is reduced by the same amount (this can only reduce the target's chance of ignoring extra damage to 0%).

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): At 7th level an eldritch sneak gains Improved Uncanny Dodge(see the Rogue entry in the Player's Handbook). To determine an eldritch sneak's rogue level for Improved Uncanny Dodge, add her eldritch sneak levels to her rogue ones.

Softened Steps (Su): At 9th level an eldritch sneak can use eldritch energy to soften the sounds of their movement, and gain a bonus to move silently checks equal to 1 + half their class level(rounded down).

Breaching Sneak Attack (Ex): At 10th level an eldritch sneak's Sneak Attacks make it more difficult for that creature to resist the eldritch sneak's abilities. Whenever an eldritch sneak deals Sneak Attack or Eldritch Sneak Attack damage to an enemy, that enemy takes a penalty to saves against the eldritch sneak's invocations equal to 1 per d6 of Sneak Attack damage dealt(max 1/2 class level).

Notes: ACFs

Trapfinding

Any alternate class feature that replaces the rogue's trapfinding can be taken with this, although the scaling will need to be changed to fit the less frequent increases and lower number of levels. If an eldritch sneak has an alternate class feature that replaces their trap sense, it can either replace this, as if it were a rogue's normal trap sense, or not do so, depending on the wishes of individual players or DMs.

Feats:

Improved Eldritch Penetration [Eldritch]
You find it easier than normal to severely injure blobs of goo or slabs of rock.
Prerequisites: Eldritch Penetration class feature, Sneak Attack +4d6
Benefit: Your chance of piercing immunity to sneak attack damage or critical hits from Eldritch Penetration increases by 10%.
Normal: Your chance of piercing immunity to sneak attack damage or critical hits from Eldritch Penetration is based on your eldritch sneak level.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times. Each time after the first, however, your chance of piercing immunity to sneak attack damage or critical hits from Eldritch Penetration increases by only 5%.

Zman
2012-12-16, 12:02 PM
Can you sneak attack using your Eldridge blast?

I think I would hav had the class just improve sneak attack progression allowing sneak attack damage in Eldridge blasts. Then adding an ability to sneak attack at 60'.

As is, it looks good and certainly playable, especially with Practiced Spellcaster which I believe works for increasing Eldritch Blast Progression.

PersonMan
2012-12-16, 01:54 PM
Sneak Attacking with Eldritch Blast isn't really all that good of an option - for ranged SA, you can just use Eldritch Sneak Attack with a normal ranged weapon.

Eldritch Blast has the full progression - in the original "Warlock Theurge Classes" thread, the Eldritch Project, someone said that advancing Invocations advances EB, so I've stopped listing it separately as I did before.

vasharanpaladin
2012-12-16, 06:11 PM
Other than this perpetuating the misuse of the word "eldritch," I really have no complaints... :smallamused: