PDA

View Full Version : Report: No Status. [3.5 LoL Weapon Port]

Temotei
2012-12-19, 03:29 PM
Mercurial Scimitar

The mercurial scimitar is a nearly ordinary scimitar in appearance. However, the blade is split in the middle, the gap filled with some sort of fluid. Upon releasing the fluid, the wielder is cleansed of a detrimental effect. The fluid magically returns one day after such an event. Despite the gap in the blade, the scimitar is remarkably sturdy and strong.

The mercurial scimitar is a +3 defending scimitar. Unlike most defending weapons, however, the mercurial scimitar allows its wielder to use its enhancement bonus to gain triple that amount of energy resistance in two types of energy just as the wielder would raise AC by using the enhancement bonus. This bonus is allocated in the same manner as an AC bonus would be. In this manner, the wielder could use one point of the bonus to raise his AC by 1 while using the remaining two to raise his energy resistance by 6 against two energy types, for example. In addition, once per day, the wielder of the mercurial scimitar can remove a condition from himself from the following list, no longer being affected: ability damaged, ability drained, blinded, confused, cowering, dazed, dazzled, deafened, energy drained, entangled, exhausted, fascinated, fatigued, frightened, nauseated, panicked, paralyzed, petrified, shaken, sickened, stunned. The wielder can make this immediate action despite being subject to any of the conditions above. After removing such a condition, the wielder becomes immune to it for 1 round.

Strong conjuration; CL 15th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, greater restoration; price 80,315 gp; 40,315 gp + 3,200 XP.

TuggyNE
2012-12-20, 10:26 PM
What action does it take to remove a condition, and can this action be taken when otherwise prevented from acting?

Does the energy resistance add to or replace the AC bonus from Defending?

Temotei
2012-12-21, 05:25 AM
What action does it take to remove a condition, and can this action be taken when otherwise prevented from acting?

I'll clarify it to be an immediate action that isn't prevented by the status conditions.

Does the energy resistance add to or replace the AC bonus from Defending?

It's part of the defending enhancement, so you can allocate part of the bonus to AC and part to energy resistance if you like, or just one or the other. I'll clarify that, as well.

Thanks. :smallsmile:

inuyasha
2012-12-21, 10:39 AM
I was honestly hoping this would be a nonmagical item, because in the Arms and Equipment guide they have the nonmagical mercurial greatsword and longsword. (two of my favorite weapons from that book)

Temotei
2012-12-21, 02:10 PM
I was honestly hoping this would be a nonmagical item, because in the Arms and Equipment guide they have the nonmagical mercurial greatsword and longsword. (two of my favorite weapons from that book)

They're both pretty cool, to be sure. This was drawn from a game called League of Legends, though. It's probably my least creative weapon. :smallsigh:

Anyway, yeah.

Morph Bark
2012-12-21, 02:17 PM
They're both pretty cool, to be sure. This was drawn from a game called League of Legends, though. It's probably my least creative weapon. :smallsigh:

Which says good stuff about the other stuff. Y'know, that you made. The weapons.

Plus I love a good game-to-DnD port.

Temotei
2012-12-21, 02:30 PM
Which says good stuff about the other stuff. Y'know, that you made. The weapons.

Plus I love a good game-to-DnD port.

To be fair, Edge of Avarice drew inspiration from the same game and I have a few weapons based on Oblivion (Blackwater Blade and Dawnfang/Duskfang). It just so happened that this was almost a direct port, from name to effects. The biggest difference here is the defending part with energy resistance instead of magic resistance. I could have made it spell resistance, but that's boring and spell resistance is bad for the game as a whole.

Also, thank you. :smallredface: