PDA

View Full Version : Tall tales & their unfortunate ends! {IC}

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-24, 07:43 AM
After several months of revelry, debauchery, and other not so good past times you find yourself vastly overspent. The majority of the debt is to one Lord Unx, a local noble notable for his near limitless influence in an incredible amount of criminal organizations. The only quality that matches this is his social reclusiveness, though thousands claim to work either with or for Lord Unx none could even tell you what the man looks like.

Regardless at the moment a debt of 50,000 gold pieces bares down on you at the worst of times. Having been out of steady work for sometime now. Luckily the enforcers sent to collect brought along an alternative, a favor in exchange for a wave of their debt. The challenge being the danger involved in said favor, the just is to retrieve a small trinket from deep within the vaults of another notoriously reclusive noble high in the Wispering peaks. The trinket being a valuable amulet apparently stolen from Lord Unx. He has given you a choice three days to pay the bill or to take on the quest and retrieve the item.

As we enter you find yourself in Crackleport a small fishing village in the free state of Parthae. A gruesome looking band of thugs bringing you a fine silk scroll detailing the options. Their leader a vicious half Ogre named Goulrow the Butcher looks down upon you awaiting your response. His eyes seem to hope that you fail so that he might show you how he earned his name.

Vendarien
2012-12-24, 08:56 PM
* Thom reads the scroll than spends a few minutes just staring at untill the thugs look like they are getting impatient and hands it back to them* I cant read. What dose this say?

MichaelGoldclaw
2012-12-24, 10:23 PM
"I can read it." James said. The Resistance better get some use out of that gold. he thought in his head. He continues "Can't believe you can't read."

Durksmurf
2012-12-24, 11:39 PM
Well if you can read, what in the nine hells does it say! Twirk says spitefully. Twirk then proceeds to glare at the Half-ogre, trying to discern its secrets.

Bardic Knowledge about the butcher:[roll0]

Abrahadabra
2012-12-26, 05:47 PM
The duo reads the scroll. Quix lands her feet on Cartwreck's shoulder, looking at the half-ogre with an angry face, arms crossed. Sir, excuse me, sir, but who do you think you a- Phineas slaps to interrupt the eladrin and quickly speaks, stuttering and trembling at the butcher's sight W-we will d-do it, don't worry, mr. big dude! We will search for the trinket! H-have no worries heh!

Abrahadabra
2012-12-26, 05:55 PM
Trying a bardic knowledge roll on the big guy [roll0]

Doc_Pippin
2012-12-26, 06:31 PM
@ Darksmurf

You vaguely remember rumors of various unsolved disappearances somehow linked to this Goulrow but the details are really fuzzy.

@ Abrahadabra

As you peer at the monsterous figure in front of you, you recall a conversation you overheard about this fellow. From what you recall he was jailed for almost a year for ripping a man in half... in the middle of the day... in front of guards. He would have been left to rot forever if Lord Unx hadn't favored him and bribed the right persons. Other tidbits are brought to mind of his brutality and disregard for any level of sublty.

As the scroll is given back to him he simply drops it and smiles, showing a gaping maw of mangled, yellow teeth. "Not my job to read," he says as if trying to pick a fight, but as the other pipes in his agreement to the terms of Lord Unx his smile fades. "Be at Docks, one hour for boat," he mutters with a tone of disappointment.

MichaelGoldclaw
2012-12-27, 12:39 AM
after reading the options, James states them

"Either we have pay the largest sum of gold ever, or we are to "retrieve" a trinket"

Vendarien
2012-12-27, 12:18 PM
Due to the lack of jingle in my pouches I say we find us a trinket.

Durksmurf
2012-12-28, 05:35 PM
I wonder what other "goods" there will be besides this trinket. I'd love to find out. Twirk says with a sly grin. And then, with a manical laugh, he says I sure hope this trinket is guarded

Vendarien
2012-12-29, 05:13 AM
*Thom laughs and places a hand on Twirks shoulder* I like the way you think! This could turn out to be quite lucrative for us. *looks between James and the butcher* So. Where do we go? How long do we have? Do we have time to plan or is there a plan alredy drawn up?

Doc_Pippin
2013-01-03, 09:44 PM
Goulrow sneers at the group with a look of contempt, "Go to Dock, one hour, boat with black sails will come... get on boat." And with that the lumbering menace turns and leaves the inn.

If everyone is ready to time skip, we can forward past the docks and onto the voyage itself, just say when your ready in the OOC

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-01-06, 01:16 PM
"I would like a drink or two before we leave."

Vendarien
2013-01-09, 03:07 PM
Thom taps his mug on the table. Ale. Thom drinks the now full mug with James and anyone els who joins in before they depart