PDA

View Full Version : Half Pseudodragon PEACH please

inuyasha
2013-01-02, 02:39 PM
Hi, this is a little template I came up with sometime ago when I was just sitting reading the MM, then it popped into my head, they have half dragons, but no pseudodragons. So then I created this:

Half Pseudodragon
Half Pseudodragons are created when a pseudodragon wants companionship beyond being an improved familiar, pet, or new member of a party and decides to start a family with a humanoid(or something else), this usually includes either the pseudodragon or the other person being a wizard
Creating a half Pseudodragon
Half Pseudodragon is an inherited template that can be added to any living creature that isnt an ooze or elemental
Size: Same as base creature
Type: change to dragon
Hit Dice: change to d12
Speed: creature gains flight speed equal to double its land speed. with good maneuverability
Armor Class: natural armor increases by +2
Attacks: gain a tail sting attack and a bite attack if the base creature already has these it uses whatever one is better
Damage: the tail does 1d6 damage at medium size and the bite does 1d3 damage at medium size (adjust if base creature is larger or smaller)
reach: increase reach by 5 ft. with tail
Special Attacks: the half pseudodragon keeps the special attacks of the base creature
Special Qualities: Gain Darkvision of 60 ft. range, telepathy 30 ft., low light vision, SR= 9+base creatures hit dice
Saves: +4 on saves against paralysis and sleep
Abilities: -2 strength +2 dexterity, like their pseudodragon parents, half pseudodragons are not as strong as others but are very quick
Skills: The half pseudodragon can change its color slightly to blend in with the environment, granting it a +2 on hide checks
Feats half pseudodragons gain weapon finesse as a bonus feat
Environment same as base creature
CR: +1?
Alignment: Usually Neutral Good
Advancement: Same as base creature
LA: +2?

Telepathy (Su)
The half Pseudodragon may communicate telepathicaly with anyone within 30 ft. that speaks sylvan or common

Low light vision (Ex) half pseudodragons may see twice as far as a human in conditions of low light, such as moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions, they retain the ability to see color in low light

Darkvision (Ex) Half pseudodragons can see 60 feet in mundane darkness (not magical darkness) but cannot distinguish color.

Please give me any feedback possible, thanks :smallbiggrin:

P.S. half wyverns are next

ShadowFireLance
2013-01-02, 02:56 PM
Looks good...Though....How would a Half-Pesduodragon Giant happen?
:smallredface:
*Shapeshift*

inuyasha
2013-01-02, 03:04 PM
Looks good...Though....How would a Half-Pesduodragon Giant happen?
:smallredface:
*Shapeshift*

either lots of shapeshifting magic...or something we just dont want to hear about :smallyuk:

Debihuman
2013-01-02, 03:23 PM
You didn't mention size so do you keep the size of the base creature?

Also weapon finesse applies to all natural weapons (bite and sting).

Debby

inuyasha
2013-01-02, 03:25 PM
You didn't mention size so do you keep the size of the base creature?

Debby

Oh thanks, I forgot about that. And yes you do keep the base creatures size

Edge of Dreams
2013-01-02, 03:33 PM
You need to specify a maneuverability level for the flight.

inuyasha
2013-01-02, 03:37 PM
You need to specify a maneuverability level for the flight.

oh yea lol...I was tired when I made this :smalleek:

Debihuman
2013-01-03, 01:01 PM
What if the base creature already has a bite or sting? Do they use whichever is better? If they have other attacks do they keep them?

You should probably look at the half-dragon template for other ideas: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/halfDragon.htm

Debby

inuyasha
2013-01-03, 06:50 PM
ok it is fixed. So what are thoughts on CR and LA?