PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Feat

Zephirus
2013-01-07, 09:54 AM
I have seen the gestalt alternate rules, and was wondering if it cannot be used on non gestalt games. Itīs no diferent from multiclass characters on 2.0.

So, I came up wit this:

Gestalt (Character creation feat)

Instead of gaining level in one class each level, you gain level in two classes. Use the best BAB, saves and skill progression and hit dice of each class chosen, but benefit of spell progression and feat progression of both classes.
By taking this feat, you suffer a 50% penality in XP progression. You still incur in further penality for taking levels in non favorite classes.
You cannot take levels in more than one prestige class in the same level, nor take levels in prestige classes that are hibrid of base classes (such as arcane theurge, eldricth knight, arcane trickster and so on).
This feat can only be taken on first level.

Eldan
2013-01-07, 09:58 AM
Hm. You would need a correction of hte XP table, too. Otherwise, the 50% would be balanced out at a certain level.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-07, 10:08 AM
Hm. You would need a correction of hte XP table, too. Otherwise, the 50% would be balanced out at a certain level.

I think i know what you're getting at and i don't think i agree with you. at some point a character would be so much lower level than the party that he gets twice as much exp as a normal party member. But then he would level up faster and fall behind again. He'll still always be significantly lower level than the party (to the point of uselessness to be honest.

That being said i don't think this would work. the offense to defense balancing gets thrown off a lot in gestalt . also being several levels lower than the party will make you go squish against most level appropriate encounters.

Zephirus
2013-01-07, 10:20 AM
You will be at maximum 3 levels behind the party... The table is parabolic, not linear. And if you get so behind that you get the double of the experience points, with 50% of xp penality will offset that.