PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other If you walk the path you believe to be right, you can't be wrong (Epic Destiny)

The-Mage-King
2013-01-08, 03:37 AM
Heroic Spirit
An Epic Destiny (http://lonelygm.blogspot.com/2011/02/epic-destinies-for-d-35pathfinder.html)*

Few mortals have reached unimaginable heights, creating legends of themselves. Fewer still have legends that last onwards, gaining renown and momentum, being spoken of the world over. You are one of the latter group, a legend unlike any other. Be you a mighty warrior or a powerful mage, you have gone down in history as a mythical power, as a symbol. As a Heroic Spirit.

Requirements: 21st level

LevelBenefit
21stPhantasm, Beyond Mortals
24thHero's Mark
27thNoble Phantasm
30thMyth-Granted Power

Phantasm (Ex): At 21st level, you have forged your own legend, forever binding one object to it. Select one magical item you own, and have used in a climactic battle. It immediately becomes an Item of Legacy, and you gain the associated Least, Lesser, and Greater Legacy feats for it. You do not have to pay any costs for the item, including personal costs.

Beyond Mortals (Ex): At 21st level, you become completely immune to non-magical weapons and attacks, ignoring even alchemical items. You can only be harmed by weapons with at least a +1 enhancement bonus, or by spells, powers, or other magical or supernatural effects.

Hero's Mark: At 24th level, your legend, be it of you being a powerful sorcerer or mighty warrior, has empowered you. You may choose a single destiny feature granted by any epic destiny at 21st level, or any class feature granted by a base class at any level up to 20th. You gain that class or destiny feature, using your character level as your effective class level in the class you chose the feature from.

Noble Phantasm: At 27th level, your myths have further empowered your Phantasm, refining it to a more potent form. It gains a single ability from Epic Legacy Ability Menu Y immediately, and you do not need to complete an Epic Legacy ritual to access this ability. You gain the Epic Legacy feat for that item as a bonus feat. Furthermore, if you should add additional Epic Legacy abilities, you may reduce the cost for any rituals by 25%. As with Phantasm, you pay no personal costs for this item.

Myth-Granted Power: At 30th level, tales of your acts of heroism and daring have spread, and several small cults to you have cropped up, empowering you. You gain Divine Rank 0 (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineRanksAndPowers.htm#rank0), and all that it entails.

Immortality: Lost in Myths
For you, immortality is in the spoken word and lore. Upon death, you likely receive a place in the Hall of Battles on Ysgard, eternally feasting and cavorting with fellow legends, or you are called to the homeplane of your deity, serving as a general or champion to their followers. Perhaps at times you are called on by powerful mages, who request your aid with a quest, or you might venture forth on occasion, performing acts of heroism that only serve to increase your legend.

So, even though this was not quite done, I decided to post it. Maybe some feedback would help me decide on the 27th level ability. The name can change, if it seems fitting.

This is my first shot at Epic rules, and honestly, I think it turned out fairly good. Before you ask, yes, it's a rough approximation of the Heroic Spirits of the Nasuverse.

Note that the link is to an archived version of the original article, due to WotC taking it down.

Lix Lorn
2013-01-08, 05:30 PM
Hero's Mark says 23rd in the text.

My first guess for the 27th would be something like a morale penalty to foes who have heard of you, and a huge bonus to rolls to hear of you. xD

Phantasm is awesome by the way.

The-Mage-King
2013-01-08, 06:03 PM
Hero's Mark says 23rd in the text.

Fixed.

My first guess for the 27th would be something like a morale penalty to foes who have heard of you, and a huge bonus to rolls to hear of you. xD

Hm... Might be interesting... I'll write one up and see how it looks.

Phantasm is awesome by the way.

Yeah. Weapons of Legacy are awesome...

Without the crippling penalty of the penalties. With that, they're mundane, and honestly lame.

And what is a Hero without their weapon of choice?

lunar2
2013-01-08, 06:24 PM
actually, a legacy you found yourself is a good gp value, all things considered, although not as cheap as crafting an item.

Lix Lorn
2013-01-08, 07:08 PM
Hm... Might be interesting... I'll write one up and see how it looks.
Hope it helps!

Yeah. Weapons of Legacy are awesome...

Without the crippling penalty of the penalties. With that, they're mundane, and honestly lame.

And what is a Hero without their weapon of choice?
I haven't read their rules xD

The-Mage-King
2014-03-20, 11:19 PM
Update: Finally figured out the 27th level ability.

I honestly didn't remember about Epic Weapons of Legacy until just now. :smallredface:

The new ability should be plenty suitable.

Lix Lorn
2014-03-21, 06:56 PM
WAIT, I KNOW WHAT THIS IS REFERENCING :smallbiggrin:

The-Mage-King
2014-03-21, 10:10 PM
WAIT, I KNOW WHAT THIS IS REFERENCING :smallbiggrin:

Only just now? Even having been a year, with the thing nigh explicitly said in the OP? :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2014-03-21, 10:20 PM
Well I hadn't watched anything fate-ish before I last commented. :smalltongue: