PDA

View Full Version : Tirapheg (1e to 3.5e Monster Conversion, PEACH)

LOTRfan
2013-01-13, 09:25 PM
Hey, everybody. So, it's been a while since I posted anything, huh? Actually, I'm thinking and it may have been over a year since I last posted something, which is rather unfortunate. I recently started creating/converting creatures again, though, and this was one of the first ones that I created. The Tirapheg can be found in the original Fiend Folio. Also, in case you are not familiar with the Synad race, I believe they were printed in Complete Psionic.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/145f924909aa8e32a29e3ddf1976f4b4/tumblr_mgfwjwva2Q1rxvia9o1_250.gif

Tirapheg
Medium Aberration (Psionic)
Hit Dice: 4d8+16 (34 hp)
Initiative: -1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 12 (+3 natural, -1 Dex), touch 9, flatfooted 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+6
Attack: Claw +6 melee (1d6+3 damage)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +6 melee (1d6+3 damage) and 1 Slam (1d8+1)
Special Attacks: Psi-like Abilities, Illusions
Special Qualities: All around vision, Darkvision 60 ft., Telepathy 100 ft.
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +5
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 9, Con 18, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 13
Skills: Intimidate +8, Listen +10, Move Silently +6, Search +3, Spot +12
Feats: Alertness, Power Attack
Environment: Temperate Hills
Organization: Solitary, Gang (2-4), or tribe (7-12)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually Neutral
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +1

The seven foot tall creature further down the hall definitely looks extremely bizarre. It’s heads, almost constantly moving, seem to be busily taking in as much information as they can, despite the fact that only the central head has a defined face. The toes of the central foot are tapping against the ground noisily, as it scratches its stomach with the arm extending from its chest.

The Synads who came to this world to escape theirs' rarely like to talk about their original home, but legends are told that monstrosities that can only be imagined by the most insane of individuals reside there. Perhaps among the most “normal” of these creatures are the Tirapheg, a race of brutish but intelligent creatures that may be distantly related to the androgynous Synads.

Tirapheg are a race of hermaphroditic tripeds with three arms and three heads. The two outer heads of a Tirapheg are completely featureless, while the central head has a humanoid upper face (though there is a third eye located on the back of the head). The mouth of the Tirapheg is located over the stomach, and directly above it extrudes three tentacles that help shovel quantities of food inwards. Two of the Tirapheg’s arms end in digit-less claws, with a single chest-based arm being used to carry and manipulate objects. Of the three legs, two are stumps while the third ends in a large, three-toed foot. Like Synads, Tirapheg are completely hairless.

Like the primitive Athaches that also inhabit their world, Tirapheg live in small tribes that wonder the landscape, hunting for food. Like Synads, Tirapheg have natural psionic abilities, though theirs are on average much more potent than the average Synad. Due to the fact that Tirapheg and Synads are in a constant state of conflict over what little “safe” territory exists on their homeworld, Tirapheg are often seen as a form of boogeyman by Synads. As a result of this lack of information and superstition surrounding them, the exact details of Tirapheg culture is unknown.

Tirapheg average at around 7 feet tall, and usually weigh about 300 pounds. Tirapheg speak Synad, though those that travel to this world usually speak Undercommon as well.

Combat
Tirapheg are extremely capable melee warriors who use their psionic talents to further supplement their abilities. Tirapheg tend to either shred their enemies apart with their claws or attempt to strangle them with their central arm. In the event that a Tirapheg is facing multiple targets, a Tirapheg can create illusionary Tirapheg to aide them in combat. Virtually indistinguishable from a real Tirapheg to the average mind, these creatures can inflict damage to a creature’s subconscious mind (wounds that then appear on the creature’s physical form) so long as they believe that the Tirapheg is real.

All Around Vision: The Tirapheg’s three eyes allow it to see from all directions simultaneously, which grants a +2 bonus to search and spot checks (already included in stat block). A Tirapheg cannot be flanked.

Illusions (Su): Once per day, a Tirapheg can create two illusionary Tirapheg to both distract enemies and aid the Tirapheg in combat. These illusions function as though they were real, and though they are controlled by the real Tirapheg they act on their own turn. The Tirapheg can mentally order them to perform actions as a free action. The illusions can physically harm enemies (but only if the enemies do not realize they are illusions), though they are incapable of being harmed themselves. They last for a number of rounds equal to three times the Tirapheg’s intelligence modifier (minimum 2), though killing the Tirapheg also stops the illusions. The Tirapheg can choose to use its psi-like abilities through the illusions, as well. While this still expends the ability, it allows it to manifest powers multiple times a round. Creatures with an intelligence score of 16 or higher can make a special passive Spot check (DC Intelligence based) to realize that these Tirapheg are merely illusions.

Psi-like Abilities: 1/day- Empty Mind, Far Hands, Mental Disruption. Manifester Level 4th. In addition, a Tirapheg has a racial power point reserve of 3 power points.

LOTRfan
2013-01-14, 11:02 PM
Made a couple of small edits. I'm sort of worried that the wording for Illusions is too vague.

Arcanist
2013-01-14, 11:16 PM
Hmm... Makes me want to use this in a horror game... :smallconfused: Seriously, if one of these things walked up to me I would be terrified :smalleek: (but to be fair this applies to most things in D&D if imagined through the mind of Lovecraft).

LOTRfan
2013-01-14, 11:27 PM
I found them to be rather creepy, too.

Actually, I'm thinking now, and maybe Synads would be creepier if (rather than just being related to Tirapheg) they are the direct descendants of Tirapheg who have converted themselves into a more humanoid form to better fit in with other races.