PDA

View Full Version : New PrC for barbarians a little closer to nature

inuyasha
2013-01-21, 02:03 PM
The clawed rager (help find me a better name please lol)
Clawed ragers are barbarians who have grown closer to nature, and gained animalistic qualities whenever they rage

Prerequisites
Feats: power attack, cleave, extra rage
BaB: +10
Skills: 10 ranks in intimidate and survival
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2|Natures wrath 1/day|

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+3|Scent, low light vision|

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+3|Natures wrath 2/day|

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+4|

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+4|Greater low light vision, natures wrath 3/day|

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+5|

7th|
+7|
+5|
+2|
+5|Natures wrath 4/day|

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+6|Greater scent|

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+6||

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+7|Greater natures wrath| [/table]

Natures wrath:
Whenever a Clawed rager rages they gain the following abilities in addition to the normal raging abilities, you gain animalistic qualities. The character gains +2 natural armor as his skin toughens, +4 strength, 2 primary claw attacks dealing 1d4 damage, and one primary bite attack dealing 1d8 damage.
Natures wrath can be used a number of times per day as listed. and can only be used while raging (so you can choose to activate this ability when you rage) If you can only use natures wrath once a day and you can rage 4/day, you can do 3 normal rages and one natures wrath rage.

Scent:
The character gains the scent quality, at 8th level the range of scent and any bonuses to tracking become doubled because of improved scent.

Low light vision:
The character gains the low light vision quality, at 5th level the range doubles from improved low light vision.

Greater natures wrath
At 10th level, all uses of natures wrath become greater natures wrath, and the following bonuses replace the old bonuses. +8 strength, +4 natural armor, gain 2 primary claw attacks dealing 1d6 damage and a primary bite dealing 1d10 damage.

This was a class I actually made a long time ago, slightly different however

Nightgaun7
2013-01-22, 09:06 AM
No reason for it not to have full BAB or a fort save.

The fact that Nature's Wrath stacks with Rage is nice.
Needs more info on how the claws and bite work though.

However it seems rather bland. As it is, and assuming it has BAB and Fort bumped up, I might take it for a max of 3 levels.

inuyasha
2013-01-22, 10:00 AM
No reason for it not to have full BAB or a fort save.

The fact that Nature's Wrath stacks with Rage is nice.
Needs more info on how the claws and bite work though.

However it seems rather bland. As it is, and assuming it has BAB and Fort bumped up, I might take it for a max of 3 levels.

oh wierd...I thought I gave it full bab and fort...lemme fix that

K its fixed, now do you have any suggestions?

Lohj
2013-01-22, 10:48 AM
For a name, could you just call it Nature's Fury? Or Fury of Nature?

Mando Knight
2013-01-22, 11:44 AM
It requires skills and a hit die.

It could also use something to cover up those three dead levels, since it doesn't improve rages/day, the normal rage's potency, DR, trap sense, Improved Uncanny Dodge, etc.