PDA

View Full Version : Aenari, The Blade of Wind [Pathfinder/Homebrew Artifact]

Jane_Smith
2013-01-24, 08:18 AM
I am attempting to make a lesser artifact for a homebrew campaign that the pc's may or may not get a hold of. Its currently in the hands of a lunite commander, basically druidic/paladin/lycanthropic moon worshipers, and a level 6 barbarian, 2 fighter human werewolf with 32 (yes, 32, using pathfinder, the players used 25) ability buy. Essentially, the lunites are calling him a messiah due to his prodigious growth and deeds over his young life. The pc's are currently level 4, and may be involved in a small conflict between the lunites and a group of overzealous crusading lunatics called the Topaz knights, who see them as pagans to be purged. All moral issues and there religious bs aside, basically the Topaz has a stronger army, better technology and tacticians, while the lunites have better magic, skirmish/mobility power, ambushes, and "dire" werewolf berserk warriors called the Wurg, essentially humanoid siege tanks. This blade was gifted to this young hero to the lunites to help him win the war, and with it, he has easily racked up a massive kill count.

His build? Barbarian with all three beast totem rage powers for the ability to pounce (wavering the level requirements for an npc is something I am fine with.) But he also has great cleave. The idea is he performs a full attack action at the end of a charge to do an aoe with this powerful weapon and simply obliterates them.

Now for the blade, I have very little knowledge of the specifics of value modifiers/multiplication/etc of item creation, and I do not own weapons of legacy sadly, which might have been helpful. I would like help designing the blade from the community, if possible. The basic idea is the high priestess of the lunites enchanted this weapon herself, and it is treated as a new type of metal, "Monari Silversteel", which counts as silver and a lesser form of adamant, allowing the user to ignore up to 10 points of hardness, not 20, but also lowering the weight of objects made of it by half, and instead of harming lycanthropes, empowers them, granting them a +1 enchantment bonus to Strength while touching any source of Monari Silversteel.

My idea? a +3 Monari Silversteel Greatsword with Speed, Cleaving, and Keen, that has a unique benefit of having a 18-20/x3 crit range, with double durability, extra hardness, half weight, and bypasses DR/silver and ignores 10 DR/hardness a hit like adamantine, with the extra benefit of allowing the user to use an extra move action up to 3/day for only moving up to there base move speed, and giving a lycanthrope +1 to strength when held.

I know, this seems a bit potent considering there only level 4, but we have a clearly optimized wizard and sorceress in the party who are an illusionist and blaster combo who can easily disable an entire enemy group and pick them off, I feel like, as I scale challenges to be more difficult for them, I need to throw the barbarian and the rogue some love to keep up you know? The idea is the campaign will either end with the pc's either allying, being neutral, or fighting the lunites, each with a way to get this blade as a gift, a spoil of victory, etc. At the end of the adventure when they would possibly get this blade they will probably be level 6.