PDA

View Full Version : Beware of SOUP!

Kython
2006-11-06, 02:10 AM
ok, this is one of nathan's creations, I'm just giving him more publicity (since he may or may not be making an appearance somewhere in Neverwinter Nights 2)

He is a halfling barbarian by the name of Soup.

he has high Str, Dex, and Con (18-25) but low Int, Wis, and Cha (<6).

his skills: jump skill is absolutely maxed out (no matter what level he is) and has high climb and swim checks.

feats: any feat pertaining to fighting with two-weapons, enhancing a str based trait, or enhancing his rage ability.

his equipment: leather armor, hand-crafted claws on both hands (1d6+str), 3 daggers, ring of jumping (sometimes), 30' long rope, and 1 cp (his lucky coin)

his tactics: RAGE, BABY, RAGE!!! most of the tactics/uses of Soup are more prevalent to the party he's in with the main tactic being to throw Soup at the enemy; whether they are under cover, concealed, or in a tight group, throw Soup at them and they WILL die. second party use for soup: grappling hook. there is a reason that soup has a 30' length of rope with him, and this is one of them. odds are staggeringly high that soup will have the best or second-best Str in the party and can be used to act as an anchor point/grappling hook (by letting him climb or throwing him to the point the group needs to climb to) for a party since his grapple modifier is unusually high. third party use: flail. I kid you not, this is the second reason that Soup has that rope. Nick once decided to use Soup as a flail (enemies showed up, and soup still had the rope tied around him... go figure)

house-ruled qualities about Soup: Soup's gets 6 more rounds for each rage he goes into, but when the rage is over, he falls asleep rather than become fatigued/exhausted/etc. he will sleep for 1d20 rounds, but will attack anyone who tries to wake him before this time by going into a 2-round rage that doesn't count against his normal rages/day.
Soup WILL go into a rage IF: he is told to by a friend/party member/trusted person, someone wakes him up after a rage, someone touches his coin, he can't find his coin.
Soup is only fluent in the language of Giberlings (2nd edition baby!), he understands basic common, but only speaks Giberling.
In the event that Soup is used as a flail, any hits made against an enemy using him deal 1d6+Str dam (X2 on 19), 2d8+StrX3 on 20 (on acount of him managing to grab and tear at his opponent as he is being swung). However, any player that puts Soup through this may no longer expect Soup to do ANYTHING for them, as Soup resents this deeply.

as I said at the begining, this is Nathan's character, not mine, this is partly why I have very little in the way of actual stats for Soup... and partly because he somehow invades every D&D game we get into; as a pc or npc, he'll show up... even if the timelines say that he was around in some disaster 1000 years ago, somehow he finds a way...

any questions?

comments?

concerns?

insults?

dirty jokes?

anything?