PDA

View Full Version : New Articles?

ChuckALF
2006-11-07, 10:57 AM
I'm posting this thread because I am as much a fan of the gaming articles on this website as I am the comic (and I'm a huge fan of the comic), and it's a shame to me that you haven't posted any new ones in a while. I find them to be, at the least, an interesting read and, at the best, a great addition to my gaming. The world-builder articles in particular opened my eyes to a lot of ideas about how to run a campaign that I might never have thought of on my own (btw...it would be much easier to refer friends to those articles if they were posted in chronological order, rather than by title...too confusing otherwise).

Anyway, consider this a compliment on the old articles, and encouragement to write more material. I know you're a busy couple of people, and I'm pumped that the comics have been coming so rapid-fire lately, but they're not the only good thing about this site.

ChuckALF

WampaX
2006-11-07, 11:51 AM
If you rummage through the news posts, you'll see that the Giant does have things "in the hopper" so to speak.

I would wager that there will be new content before the year is out. (At the very least, The Duke's Wolf will be finished . . . I hope :smalltongue:)

Enlong
2006-11-09, 05:27 PM
Yeah, I love those articles too, My Bard/sorcerer/Dragon Disciple is going to have some fun making people go mad with Terrible Secrets and Sensory overloads.

And after he's done, I'm going to make me a Champion! Giant, your ideas are awesome!

Everyman
2006-11-27, 05:22 PM
Here's hoping...:smallsmile:

WampaX
2006-11-27, 05:24 PM
Here's hoping...:smallsmile:

Hey, I go the Duke's Wolf prediction, right . . . at least. :smalltongue:

Everyman
2006-11-28, 01:58 AM
Hey, I go the Duke's Wolf prediction, right . . . at least. :smalltongue:
You win this time, Wampa. This time...:smallamused:

On a side note, I wonder when Rich will be free enought to start accepting applications. With all the stuff that's happened to the site this year, I'm not surprised Rich and Co. haven't been able to start looking over submissions. I'm just looking forward to it.

The Giant
2006-12-06, 08:29 AM
New gaming articles? Done.

WampaX
2006-12-06, 10:08 AM
New gaming articles? Done.

My vindication is complete.
Time to celebrate with some Tauntaun tartar! :smallbiggrin:

DomaDoma
2006-12-06, 11:02 AM
The vicarious burst of creativity from the New World series is particularly satisfying.

The Giant
2006-12-06, 11:04 AM
Uhhhh...there haven't been any new New World articles. Only the Gleaner article by Keith is new.

Om
2006-12-06, 12:23 PM
New gaming articles? Done.That's all it takes? How about a gazillion gold pieces?

Everyman
2006-12-07, 01:17 PM
I have to admit, I like the Gleaner. It's an NPC class that explains how your average person gets medical help. I mean, a cleric or adept doesn't really seem like the kind of person who helps farmers. Nice.

Of course, does this new arrival to the gaming section herald the call for more writers? Or has that decision been completely made?:smallsmile:

The Giant
2006-12-07, 01:54 PM
It heralds the rebirth of the Gaming section, but for the first few weeks, we'll be solely using published authors who have contributed stuff (including myself). Decisions about asking for submissions will be held off until the new year.

Everyman
2006-12-07, 02:56 PM
It heralds the rebirth of the Gaming section, but for the first few weeks, we'll be solely using published authors who have contributed stuff (including myself). Decisions about asking for submissions will be held off until the new year.

Ah. Good to know. Till next year then!:smallcool:

The Mad Bard
2006-12-08, 12:29 PM
Thanks, Rich -- good to know.

Straying a bit from the subject . . .

Does this apply to fiction articles as well as gaming articles? A certain author friend of mine is a huge fan and would love to contribute fiction.

Cheers

death_omen
2007-01-07, 01:22 AM
i love the new world thing are you still making more or is the project dead??????

Daracaex
2007-01-07, 01:40 AM
Yeah, I'm still waiting for "How to Have Seven Classes and Have Each of Them Make Sense." Is all of your stuff dead?

Mr Teufel
2007-01-16, 06:39 PM
More gaming stuff soon?

Mr Teufel
2007-02-08, 09:06 AM
*Sigh*
It's really hard to complain about not getting any Gaming Goodies when we're getting such great Comic!

But I'll gird myself to make the effort.

:smallbiggrin:

Woodwose
2007-02-13, 10:14 AM
For what it's worth I'll second that. I want to see the world building thing wrapped up.

Mr Teufel
2007-02-24, 08:22 PM
So, when I unveiled the current design for the website, it was always my intention to begin posting new gaming articles.

I hope there are more coming. I liked them.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-02-24, 11:29 PM
It appears, from what has been said above, that more is coming. I hope it comes soon! And I still hope for a definite response on that Fire King question of mine...

kimnor2
2007-02-28, 06:04 PM
Uhhhh...there haven't been any new New World articles. Only the Gleaner article by Keith is new.

Of course, does this new arrival to the gaming section herald the call for more writers? Or has that decision been completely made?:smallsmile:

It has been a couple months, not a couple weeks, since the last article.

Can we please have some more New World articles?

* gets on his knees and begs *

Everyman
2007-03-01, 03:45 PM
I'm sure something is on its way.:smallsmile:

Mr Teufel
2007-03-04, 08:58 PM
I really hope so.

Jack Mann
2007-03-08, 05:56 AM
I do sometimes think the Giant should start accepting articles from people on the boards. Some folks here are creating professional quality stuff (Vorpal Tribble springs to mind), and it would give us more frequent articles to read.

Everyman
2007-03-10, 07:27 PM
With any luck that'll happen soon.

Heck, I've been waiting for submission calls for a long time. It's the only reason I haven't posted any material in the Homebrew section, because I'd like it to be published as part of the site's official material. If I recall correctly, the Giant is not interested in reprinting something from the forums.

Mr Teufel
2007-03-12, 06:31 AM
*sigh*
Still waiting.
:smallsigh:

NecroPaladin
2007-03-13, 10:15 PM
Heck, I've been waiting for submission calls for a long time. It's the only reason I haven't posted any material in the Homebrew section, because I'd like it to be published as part of the site's official material. If I recall correctly, the Giant is not interested in reprinting something from the forums.

Ditto. It's like you're me, but not. I avoid the homebrew section until I know where my stuff is going.