PDA

View Full Version : [FiM] Bridle Shores Commercial: Bits or Credit 3

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

TheAmishPirate
2013-02-05, 08:59 PM
The Town of Bridle Shores

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/PonyRPbanner1.png

Far to the west of Canterlot, further still even from Ponyville, a quiet little town is quickly springing up near a large lake.

This is Bridle Shores, situated along a large lake with a natural beach. Not far from town is Mt. Trotia, with a waterfall that feeds into the lake. The town is surrounded by a lush forest which the ponies of the town both use and nurture with delicate balance.

A small business district has started to grow, with a bakery, Dress shop, Grill, Greenhouse, Dojo, Saw mill, snow cone stand, dance academy, and even a soda bar popping up for the citizens of the town.They are also experimenting with new technology such as Floppy Disk’s computer shack or the Doctor's friendship harnessing lab. In addition, there's a farm and a wizard's tower on the outskirts of the town.

Much of the forest is quiet and peaceful, but deeper within the forest lurks creatures far more dangerous…

-------------------------------------------------------------
Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10623949#post10623949)

Mane Pony Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191743&page=19)

OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195043)

Bits and Credit 2 Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252812)

Locations Covered in this Thread

Grills' Spa and Grill: Grills's Grill is a recently re-opened high class restaurant where he, you guessed it, grills things. In keeping with the show, what he grills is entirely made of vegetable matter. The second floor of the building is where the Spa is located. This is where a pony can have a dip in the hot springs and mudbaths, or get a massage.

Scarlet's Boutique:Scarlet's Boutique is similar to Rarity's boutique, and even has dresses supplied to her by Rarity. There is even a nice selection of suits, ties, and collars for stallions and colts. The boutique doubles as a salon for ponies looking for a new manestyle.

Snickerdoodle's Bakery: Snickerdoodle's Bakery is the town's main place to get baked goods. From cupcakes to cookies, a pony can get their pastry fix here... if they wake up the baker. Desserts purchased at the Grill can be found here as Grills gets his final courses at Snickerdoodle's.

Eclair's Restaurant: Eclair's Restaurant is a nice place. The environment tends to change a lot depending on time of day, and who it looks like her clientele will be at the time. However, most consistently, Eclair's restaurant is the kind of place colts and fillies go out on first dates when either are short on cash. Eclair's isn't a place you go to impress the person you're dating, it's where you go when you want to have a good time, but can't afford the Grill.

Greif's Cafe/Sports Bar: During the day, Greif the griffin operates a cafe that serves a variety of coffees, sandwiches, and other drinks or snacks. Once evening falls, the menu changes to include a wide range of ciders and various snacks that are probably more delicious than healthy, and they even open up a game room."

Please list which location your character is at to make this flow as smooooothly as possible.

BlasTech
2013-02-05, 09:38 PM
Greif's Cafe

Well, this certainly was a busy place they were entering! Everypony not in some sort of time bubble or limbo was here, it seems.

The magicians looked around so fast it whipped their heads back and forth.
"Wow, with this crowd, we're sure to find Inspiration!"
"I knew this was a good idea."
"Incredible!"

"Hmm, yes." Quaver replied, looking over the menu and hoping that she had adequately masked her dissapointment. She didn't know why, but the purple mare had a hankering for a very specific type of smoothie.

Greif's Cafe
It should be noted that there's no "Reality Breaker" on the menu. The only beverage like that would be the Soft Serve, which is served elsewhere.

It was such a shame that it wasn't available here. That fact, coupled with the closing of Soft Serve's bar, only managed to dampen her enthusiasm evem further.

So much for finding inspiration. She thought. If this trend continues, then by the end of today I'm only going to be able to compose Gregorian chants.

TheAmishPirate
2013-02-05, 10:06 PM
[Garion - Grills' Apartment]

With a great effort, Garion lifted his sleepy head from the table and immediately tucked into the grub. His already slow, polite pace of eating was further harried by the fact that he couldn't go a few bites without the warm, delicious food threatening to send him straight to dreamland. The colt deliberately splashed a little of whatever drink he'd been served onto his muzzle, in an attempt to keep himself awake.

Chew...chew...chew...zzz...chew...chew...zzz...ch. ew......zzzzzzzzz....

Deme
2013-02-05, 10:16 PM
Greif's Cafe

"Hmm, yes." Quaver replied, looking over the menu and hoping that she had adequately masked her dissapointment. She didn't know why, but the purple mare had a hankering for a very specific type of smoothie.

It was such a shame that it wasn't available here. That fact, coupled with the closing of Soft Serve's bar, only managed to dampen her enthusiasm evem further.

So much for finding inspiration. She thought. If this trend continues, then by the end of today I'm only going to be able to compose Gregorian chants.

The ponies, seeing this discouragement, began to desperately scan the bar.

"Hey, Cadmium, what does inspiration look like?"
"Is it short? or long?"

Rebonack
2013-02-05, 11:13 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Strawberry Tart busies herself whipping up her name-sake snack. You guessed it, strawberry tarts. Gotta make sure everything is juuust right, from the crust to the custard to the perfectly sliced strawberries. Of course, Tart is lacking in the Special Talent department, so her expertise comes from experience alone. But as far as she's concerned she can pull this off just fine!

The changeling is pretty sure that if she were an actual pony she would have a picture of some kind of baked good emblazoned on her flank.

When she returns she carries a small platter in a livid green field of magic, trotting along with purpose and pride! The platter is slipped into the display case for all the various pastries, though not before she levitates one of the treats toward Grief.

"Try it. My specialty."

The scent of the pastry isn't overpowering by any means. But rather delicate and subtle to perfectly harmonize the tart aroma of strawberries and the sweet smell of the custard.

Benson
2013-02-06, 01:23 AM
The ponies, seeing this discouragement, began to desperately scan the bar.

"Hey, Cadmium, what does inspiration look like?"
"Is it short? or long?"

"You know....I'm not really sure. I wanna say long and tall and breath taking!" The red pegasus replied.

AnimeKid
2013-02-06, 01:24 AM
Grief's Cafe

Blitz gives a salute as he says, "On it Bossman!" A slight gust of wind kicks up as Blitz zooms over to Cadmium and her friends. Putting on his most charming smile Blitz said, "Hello, and welcome to Grief's cafe! Now then what would you all like to order?"

Benson
2013-02-06, 01:31 AM
Grief's Cafe

Blitz gives a salute as he says, "On it Bossman!" A slight gust of wind kicks up as Blitz zooms over to Cadmium and her friends. Putting on his most charming smile Blitz said, "Hello, and welcome to Grief's cafe! Now then what would you all like to order?"

"Oh, greetings there sir," She smiled and tapped her chin in thought about her order. "Well..I'll need to look over the menu some more, but for my drink I think I'll have a mango smoothie."

Mystic Muse
2013-02-06, 02:18 AM
"Oooh nothing, just got me a new awesome flight teacher," He grinned ear to ear.

"Really? Good for you. Who is it?" Smoothie asked. Okay, there appeared to be genuine, congratulatory emotion in that statement.

Except the mare is still as much a void of feeling as before. There is just nothing radiating off of her. It's like she's not even there.

Orzel
2013-02-06, 05:35 AM
[Garion - Grills' Apartment]

With a great effort, Garion lifted his sleepy head from the table and immediately tucked into the grub. His already slow, polite pace of eating was further harried by the fact that he couldn't go a few bites without the warm, delicious food threatening to send him straight to dreamland. The colt deliberately splashed a little of whatever drink he'd been served onto his muzzle, in an attempt to keep himself awake.

Chew...chew...chew...zzz...chew...chew...zzz...ch. ew......zzzzzzzzz....

Grills struggled to not d'awww at the sight of the little guy fighting sleep and failing. With some telekinesis, he floated Garion onto his back. Then he motioned to his fillyfriend that he'd tuck him in.

Unless stopped, the master chef gentlecolt would take a relaxed gait into his bedroom and place the colt in the dent of the bed. The sheets would be warmed by his hot hooves and them rolled over Garion.

Deme
2013-02-06, 09:07 AM
"Oh, greetings there sir," She smiled and tapped her chin in thought about her order. "Well..I'll need to look over the menu some more, but for my drink I think I'll have a mango smoothie."

"So like me!" He poofed himself up like a prize bird and pat his chest.

"You take my breath away all the time, darling!"

...There was a minute of silence in which Silk Scarf draped herself over her man.

"We'll take inspiration!"
"...Just surprise us!"

TheAmishPirate
2013-02-06, 10:00 AM
Grills struggled to not d'awww at the sight of the little guy fighting sleep and failing. With some telekinesis, he floated Garion onto his back. Then he motioned to his fillyfriend that he'd tuck him in.

Unless stopped, the master chef gentlecolt would take a relaxed gait into his bedroom and place the colt in the dent of the bed. The sheets would be warmed by his hot hooves and them rolled over Garion.

Garion managed to keep hold of the remains of his sammich through the TK, and the little gentlecolt continued to nom away as they made the slow, easy trip to the bedroom. Miss Gwyn's back had its own special type of fluffyness to it, but Mister Grills' was always so toasty-warm. Picking a favorite between the two would've been hard.

Once in bed, the spell was complete; full belly, big day, warm blankets, and a caring pony to tuck him in. Sleep stole over the colt as he snuggled into the bed, and he barely retained enough sense to whisper before falling completely under, "Love you...Mister Grills..." Then his eyes fluttered closed, off to dreamland once more.

Benson
2013-02-06, 12:54 PM
Grills Apartment

Gwyn watched from the doorway and smiled as the sleeping colt was put to sleep in bed, she herself whispered words of good night to the colt. She then gestured at Grills, the two seemed to have things to talk about and they could use the alone time.
=====

Greif's Cafe

"That griffon over there, the owner of this place, he was a captain!" Spark grinned as his little wings buzzed.

Orzel
2013-02-06, 01:09 PM
Garion managed to keep hold of the remains of his sammich through the TK, and the little gentlecolt continued to nom away as they made the slow, easy trip to the bedroom. Miss Gwyn's back had its own special type of fluffyness to it, but Mister Grills' was always so toasty-warm. Picking a favorite between the two would've been hard.

Once in bed, the spell was complete; full belly, big day, warm blankets, and a caring pony to tuck him in. Sleep stole over the colt as he snuggled into the bed, and he barely retained enough sense to whisper before falling completely under, "Love you...Mister Grills..." Then his eyes fluttered closed, off to dreamland once more.

"Good night, Garion."

The colt's words took him by surprise. Grills' cheeks ran red and the corners of his lips rose up.

It was the final nail. Garion was emotional attached to him. He absolutely had to adopt him now and therefore he would now be attached to Gwynfillion. Not that he minded but there was still a mystery about her. There was a mystery about both of them. But the adorable look of Garion at the moment clouded that all.

So after a short wait, Grills tiptoed out the room and into the kitchen. "He's asleep... and he said...he said..."

Benson
2013-02-06, 01:31 PM
"I heard," A smile played on her lips as she hugged her stallion from behind.

Orzel
2013-02-06, 01:44 PM
"I heard," A smile played on her lips as she hugged her stallion from behind.

Grills sat on his haunches and reached back to pat the mare legs around him. His lips slid to one side of his face. "So what does that mean? We have to adopt him now, right? You as his mother and me as his... you know."

Benson
2013-02-06, 02:28 PM
Grills sat on his haunches and reached back to pat the mare legs around him. His lips slid to one side of his face. "So what does that mean? We have to adopt him now, right? You as his mother and me as his... you know."

"We don't have to use labels....or rather I don't want to use labels here....what the three of us are together...I don't think needs a label for what we are." She moved her head to light kiss his leg on her.

BlasTech
2013-02-06, 03:01 PM
Grief's Cafe

"Just a daisy sandwich for me, thankyou." replied Quaver, ordering one of the more boring things on the menu.

Orzel
2013-02-06, 03:06 PM
"We don't have to use labels....or rather I don't want to use labels here....what the three of us are together...I don't think needs a label for what we are." She moved her head to light kiss his leg on her.

(Royal princess, work is so boring today)

"I'll have to fight my urges to entitle everything. Heh." Grills looked around for a moment. "So what happened today? I hear something about a hy-dra. And Garion's eyes were a little red."

Lycan 01
2013-02-06, 03:12 PM
Greif's Cafe

Greif accepts the offered strawberry tart, and proceeds to chow down. He takes his time eating it, though, allowing himself to savor and analyze the flavors. Once done, he looks over at Strawberry Tart and grins. "I think I know what tomorrow's Special is gonna be."

When Spark mentions him, Greif looks over to him and Smoothie, flashes a kind smile, and then goes back to talking to Strawberry and observing Blitz's interaction with the customers. "Oh wow..." he mutters. "Business is really picking up."

Benson
2013-02-06, 03:17 PM
(Royal princess, work is so boring today)

"I'll have to fight my urges to entitle everything. Heh." Grills looked around for a moment. "So what happened today? I hear something about a hy-dra. And Garion's eyes were a little red."

"Right....there was a hydra...over at that Knack Tinker's farm.....Garion and I were there for reasons I don't remember anymore. As for his eyes...well he was crying earlier, rather, moments before you got home."

"Apparently he had overheard my conversation with Purple, or rather, parts of it, where Purple asked me if his momma was gobbled by Simmer."

Rebonack
2013-02-06, 03:32 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Bwah ha ha ha!

Success!

Without a doubt Tart has firmly established herself as an indispensable asset to this business! If she keeps this up then in the event that she's outed she might be able to play for sympathy and use that to cause some hesitation so she can flee.

FLEEEEE!

Solitary changelings do a lot of that. Fleeing. Don't really have the resources that Queen Chrysalis does to kidnap ponies en mass to feed off them.

Anywho!

Tart's ear twitches toward the nearby orders being taken, her horn lighting up with emerald faerie fire as she begins to assemble the components of a fine daisy sammich. Compared to her tarts this is easy stuff. But there's still a degree of finesse and artistry to sandwich making. It is a bit hit and miss on the first attempt, but by watching the customer's reaction closely she can get a good feel for the precise portions of each ingredient they favor.

Custom sandwiches take a pretty good memory, but the happiness they result in is worth the effort.

"Sure is! Exciting times we live in, eh?"

Orzel
2013-02-06, 03:58 PM
"Right....there was a hydra...over at that Knack Tinker's farm.....Garion and I were there for reasons I don't remember anymore. As for his eyes...well he was crying earlier, rather, moments before you got home."

"Apparently he had overheard my conversation with Purple, or rather, parts of it, where Purple asked me if his momma was gobbled by Simmer."

"Gobbled up by... Purple, you... " Facehoof and frown. "So what happened? Did he remember anything? I hope he isn't regressing."

Benson
2013-02-06, 06:54 PM
"Gobbled up by... Purple, you... " Facehoof and frown. "So what happened? Did he remember anything? I hope he isn't regressing."

"No....I don't think so...but he began to weep over the mother he never knew and I promised him I wouldn't get gobbled up like her." She softly sighed as she rested her head on the back of his neck and glanced down the hall.

Mystic Muse
2013-02-06, 07:01 PM
Greif's Cafe

"That griffon over there, the owner of this place, he was a captain!" Spark grinned as his little wings buzzed.

"Interesting. Who were you the captain of?" she asks Greif with an appraising look. She takes a bite of the scone, and afterwards, takes a drink of the tea. "Not bad. Certainly a decent replacement of my sister's place." She says. She passes the scone and drink to Spark. "Want the rest?" she asks.

Orzel
2013-02-06, 07:54 PM
"No....I don't think so...but he began to weep over the mother he never knew and I promised him I wouldn't get gobbled up like her." She softly sighed as she rested her head on the back of his neck and glanced down the hall.

The soft touch of a mare was so relaxing. "You won't get gobbled up, right? I mean.. that is a highly unlikely occurrence despite your line of work. Magic gifted unicorns are notorious for attracting danger. Food based ponies are notorious for attaching clutter. Hehe." His chuckles were lighter than usual. "I brought you a jersey. Maybe you can make a dress with it."

Benson
2013-02-07, 12:06 AM
Cafe

"Sure..!" Spark said a little too enthusiastically. Strawberry Tart might find herself with a load of lovey dovey emotion from this dolt colt. "Thank you Smoothie." A flushed smile as he grabbed the scone and drink and dragged it over in front of him.
=============

The soft touch of a mare was so relaxing. "You won't get gobbled up, right? I mean.. that is a highly unlikely occurrence despite your line of work. Magic gifted unicorns are notorious for attracting danger. Food based ponies are notorious for attaching clutter. Hehe." His chuckles were lighter than usual. "I brought you a jersey. Maybe you can make a dress with it."

"I...I promise I won't get gobbled up," She put on a smile and licked his cheek. In the back of her mind she was hoping she really wouldn't get gobbled up...considering well....certain stuff.

"A jersey? Well I don't know about making a dress out of it, I'm no seamstress, but let's see, I'm sure I'll look good anyway in it as is," She coyly grinned channeling her old haughty tone.

Orzel
2013-02-07, 05:02 AM
"I...I promise I won't get gobbled up," She put on a smile and licked his cheek. In the back of her mind she was hoping she really wouldn't get gobbled up...considering well....certain stuff.

"A jersey? Well I don't know about making a dress out of it, I'm no seamstress, but let's see, I'm sure I'll look good anyway in it as is," She coyly grinned channeling her old haughty tone.

"Oh ho. Gwynfillion puts any sort of doubt that she can remain beautiful in an alternate wear?" The stallion smiles and started for the living room. The couch sounded nice. Grills moved to lay down on it.

"Maybe we should skip our trip. It's not... it's not the right time to leave Garion. I an do business by letter and we all can spend the day at your tower."

Benson
2013-02-07, 09:00 AM
"Oh ho. Gwynfillion puts any sort of doubt that she can remain beautiful in an alternate wear?" The stallion smiles and started for the living room. The couch sounded nice. Grills moved to lay down on it.

"Maybe we should skip our trip. It's not... it's not the right time to leave Garion. I an do business by letter and we all can spend the day at your tower."

Gwynfillion followed her stallion to the living room where knelt over him laying her forelegs on his chest and laid her hoof on said forelegs. He felt quite warm, just as she liked it.

"Really?...Mmmm...I had been looking forward to our trip, had my outfits planned out and everything, ah well, probably for the best I suppose," She masked minor disappointment.

Orzel
2013-02-07, 11:24 AM
Gwynfillion followed her stallion to the living room where knelt over him laying her forelegs on his chest and laid her hoof on said forelegs. He felt quite warm, just as she liked it.

"Really?...Mmmm...I had been looking forward to our trip, had my outfits planned out and everything, ah well, probably for the best I suppose," She masked minor disappointment.

Grills wrapped a hoof around Gwynfillion. Her coat was soft, comfort after a crazy day. "I was looking forward to modelling my new tie. Alas that is the hardships of a foal's caretaker. You don't get to see me and my handsomest. Can the world survive another few weeks without witnessing us at our full images?" An eyebrow raised in jest. "I suppose we should shop for collars. Wrymple and Sugar should not be left out."

Benson
2013-02-07, 03:16 PM
Grills wrapped a hoof around Gwynfillion. Her coat was soft, comfort after a crazy day. "I was looking forward to modelling my new tie. Alas that is the hardships of a foal's caretaker. You don't get to see me and my handsomest. Can the world survive another few weeks without witnessing us at our full images?" An eyebrow raised in jest. "I suppose we should shop for collars. Wrymple and Sugar should not be left out."

"Perhaps you can still model that new tie for me and grant me seeing you at your most handsomest," She purred and softly sighed.

"I've been meaning to get Wrymple a collar, it would have to be custom fitted of course....and have an elasticity to it, Wrymple had been growing in an alarming rate," There was a brief frown on her face as it then returned to a neutral tired sigh.

Orzel
2013-02-07, 04:39 PM
"Perhaps you can still model that new tie for me and grant me seeing you at your most handsomest," She purred and softly sighed.

"I've been meaning to get Wrymple a collar, it would have to be custom fitted of course....and have an elasticity to it, Wrymple had been growing in an alarming rate," There was a brief frown on her face as it then returned to a neutral tired sigh.

Grill reminisces his first few encounters with the little worm. He raised his hoof to look at it. A faint illusion of the purple beast nom noming on it appeared. "I just need one Sugar won't eat. The bad thing about being such an amazing chef is that Sugar wants to eat anything I give her."

BlasTech
2013-02-07, 05:07 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Bwah ha ha ha!

Success!

Without a doubt Tart has firmly established herself as an indispensable asset to this business! If she keeps this up then in the event that she's outed she might be able to play for sympathy and use that to cause some hesitation so she can flee.

FLEEEEE!

Solitary changelings do a lot of that. Fleeing. Don't really have the resources that Queen Chrysalis does to kidnap ponies en mass to feed off them.

Anywho!

Tart's ear twitches toward the nearby orders being taken, her horn lighting up with emerald faerie fire as she begins to assemble the components of a fine daisy sammich. Compared to her tarts this is easy stuff. But there's still a degree of finesse and artistry to sandwich making. It is a bit hit and miss on the first attempt, but by watching the customer's reaction closely she can get a good feel for the precise portions of each ingredient they favor.

Custom sandwiches take a pretty good memory, but the happiness they result in is worth the effort.

Quaver hoofed over the bits in exchange for her meal, before carrying it over to one of the cafe tables. She tried to ignore the chef in the back who looked like she was enjoying cooking a little more than was probably healthy.

Sitting down at the table, she waited for the others to join her; long-ingrained table manners dictating that she wait for the others before starting on her sandwich.

Hawkflight
2013-02-07, 05:36 PM
Heartflight trotted into Grief's cafe, wrapped up in her own thoughts. Head low, she made her way to an empty table and waited to be served.

Lycan 01
2013-02-07, 05:49 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

"Exciting is one way to put it," Greif muses with a wry smile.

"Interesting. Who were you the captain of?" she asks Greif with an appraising look. She takes a bite of the scone, and afterwards, takes a drink of the tea. "Not bad. Certainly a decent replacement of my sister's place." She says. She passes the scone and drink to Spark. "Want the rest?" she asks.

Greif turns back to Smoothie and smiles meekly. "Ah. I was a Captain in the Griffin Kingdom's Royal Air Force."

Right on cue, the pink mare working behind the counter leans over the bar and grins. "He's being modest. He was the Captain of the Raptors."

Greif facepalms. She just can't let him enjoy his anonymity, can she?

Mystic Muse
2013-02-07, 07:53 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Greif turns back to Smoothie and smiles meekly. "Ah. I was a Captain in the Griffin Kingdom's Royal Air Force."

Right on cue, the pink mare working behind the counter leans over the bar and grins. "He's being modest. He was the Captain of the Raptors."

Greif facepalms. She just can't let him enjoy his anonymity, can she?

"She's not going to let you have a calm retirement, is she?" Smoothie asks.

Rebonack
2013-02-07, 09:08 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Hey now!

Ponies should do well to enjoy things that relate to their Special Talent. And Tart is clearly a perfectly normal unicorn mare (you suspect nothing!). So there isn't anything at all odd about her getting enjoyment out of a job well done. Beats being all dreary and emotionless at least.

Another wary stolen in Smoothie's direction.

Keeping her eyes on that one.

There's something unsettling about her. And uncertain. Tart hates uncertainty. Uncertainty makes things difficult. And when you run into uncertainty and unknowns despite being as old as dirt it can really get one's wings in a bunch.

Just don't let her know you're watching, Tart. That could be terrible.

"Don't sweat it too much, boss," Tart laughs as she eyes the cafe's collection of pastries and tries to decide what would best fill the gaps in their selection. "If this place is half as crazy as you've told me I'm sure you'll fit right in, yeah?"

Lycan 01
2013-02-07, 09:36 PM
Greif's Cafe

"She's not going to let you have a calm retirement, is she?" Smoothie asks.

"Nope/Nope," Greif deadpans, while Spin grins mischievously.

"He dragged me halfway across Equestria to start a coffee shop. Of course I'm gonna mess with him a bit," the bartender explains.

Greif rolls his eyes. "You could have said no."

"And then where would you be?"

"Happy."

"Shut up."

"Mares first."

Just don't let her know you're watching, Tart. That could be terrible.

"Don't sweat it too much, boss," Tart laughs as she eyes the cafe's collection of pastries and tries to decide what would best fill the gaps in their selection. "If this place is half as crazy as you've told me I'm sure you'll fit right in, yeah?"

Greif raises an eyebrow. "I'm not sure a decorated military veteran really fits in well with roaming krakens and gender-bending pastries and reality fracturing drinks."

"Besides," he sighs, "I'm not worried about fitting in here with all the craziness. I mean, not exactly. I've just learned over the years that ponies treat you differently when they know different things about you. Ponies are a lot more friendly and laid-back around 'Greif the cafe owner,' than they are with
'Captain Lowe of Raptor Wing 3.' I like being boring..."

Mystic Muse
2013-02-07, 09:41 PM
Smoothie decides to read the mind of the pony who keeps staring at her.

...And the pony is thinking in Aes Shee, the language of the changelings. Only changelings think in that language in her experience. Ponies tend to think in Equestrian, dragons in Draconic, ETC.

"Stop staring at me. I'm not food."
Strawberry Tart hears in her head. It's in changeling, not Equestrian. "Speaking of which, I have no problem with you feeding, as long as you don't go overboard. Eat a reasonable amount and everything is fine. Try to do anything like the shenanigans in Canterlot, and I promise I will put Sol Invicta's wrath to shame."
Strawberry Tart can tell both of these are in her head, and aren't out loud. It does sound exactly what Smoothie's spoken voice is like though.

"Interesting. Well, your life is your life. I certainly won't spread it around." Smoothie says to Greif.

Hawkflight
2013-02-07, 09:47 PM
Heart let out a small sigh as she stared at the table, waiting for somepony to take her order. Come to think of it, she really should decide what she wanted to order....

Rebonack
2013-02-07, 09:56 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Some apple fritters. They could certainly use apple fritters to round out the selection. Tart will get to work on those next. Sure she favors strawberries herself (hence the name of her most used persona) but apples have their own merits that can't be matched by any other fruit.

"Don't worry, boss. I'm sure you're plenty boring once somepony gets to know you," Tart laughs. "In fact, I-"

Then she makes a rather awful strangling sort of sound in her throat as something invades her mind. She gives Smoothie a look of sheer unsuppressed fear and simultaneously attempts to fly away (without any wings), run, and freeze in place at the same time.

The result is the mock-unicorn toppling over in an ungraceful heap.

That smelting emotionless monster!

Goodness Tart, mind your language!

Lycan 01
2013-02-07, 10:05 PM
Greif's Cafe

Greif raises an eyebrow as Tart goes flailing to the floor. "Er, are you alright Miss Tart?" he asks warily. "You just sorta... wigged out. Need a claw?" he asks, extending his right talons to help her up.

Meanwhile, Spin Top waves at Heartflight. "Can I get you something, kiddo?" she asks with a polite smile.

Mystic Muse
2013-02-07, 10:25 PM
Smoothie actually looks genuinely concerned for Strawberry tart.

"Are you okay ma'am?" Smoothie asks her. She decides it's probably a bad idea to go over and try to help her. Still no emotions from her.

Rebonack
2013-02-07, 10:38 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

"Hahaha! Yeah! I'm just fine!" Tart replies nervously as she takes the offered aid and rises to her hooves again. She's trying really hard not to look at Smoothie and generally doing an awful job.

The changeling's mind is a chaotic jumble of thoughts as she races through what just transpired. She didn't see that thing's horn light up. Which it should have if she were a unicorn casting a spell. Or even a changeling casting a spell. And even then horn contact is required for mind-reading magic to work.

...so what is that smelting thing?

Dark, terrifying memories of nightmares dwelling in the wildest parts of the Faerie flash through her mind along with the thought, Oh bind me with iron it can hear what I'm thinking right now can't it?

"YES! Yes, I'm totally fine! It was... uuhh... A bee! There was a bee. It landed right on me. Awful things, bees. I'm terribly allergic."

Clearly.

Hawkflight
2013-02-07, 10:40 PM
Meanwhile, Spin Top waves at Heartflight. "Can I get you something, kiddo?" she asks with a polite smile.

"Oh! Uh, is everything okay?" Heart asked instead, glancing at the pony who had just wigged out. She glanced around and noticed Smoothie, and relaxed just a bit.

"Um, yeah, I'll have a chocolate malt, large," she requested, smiling up at Spin Top, and idly wondered how much news of her condition had spread, or if she truly appeared as naught but another filly.

Lycan 01
2013-02-07, 10:44 PM
Greif's Cafe

Spin smiles politely at Heartflight. "And how will you be paying for this, missy? Do you have a parent or sibling around here?" she asks, looking around for Heartflight's guardian(s).

Meanwhile, Greif is just looking at Tart with quite a bit of concern. "A bee, huh? I didn't see one. Maybe it was just your eyes playing tricks on you or something?"

Hawkflight
2013-02-07, 10:53 PM
Greif's Cafe

Spin smiles politely at Heartflight. "And how will you be paying for this, missy? Do you have a parent or sibling around here?" she asks, looking around for Heartflight's guardian(s).

Heart opened her mouth to explain her condition again, but then decided to just let it go, there wasn't much point to it really. She rapidly produced a bag of bits, wrapped in a purple telekinetic glow. "With bits, of course," she replied.

Deme
2013-02-07, 11:21 PM
The Art Crew

"You're lucky, Quaver."
"Yeah...I guess a surprise order is hard to fill here."

This place was so crowded, it was hard to tell if they could be noticed long enough to get service. They flopped down onto the table.

Benson
2013-02-08, 12:24 AM
Grill reminisces his first few encounters with the little worm. He raised his hoof to look at it. A faint illusion of the purple beast nom noming on it appeared. "I just need one Sugar won't eat. The bad thing about being such an amazing chef is that Sugar wants to eat anything I give her."

"Perhaps you could coat the collar with a flavor she doesn't like?" She offered as she lifted her head to look down at him.
================

The Art Crew

"You're lucky, Quaver."
"Yeah...I guess a surprise order is hard to fill here."

This place was so crowded, it was hard to tell if they could be noticed long enough to get service. They flopped down onto the table.

"Well...I will say its very inspired in here, I wonder if that's the same as Inspiration though?" The red mare rubbed her chin in thought.
--

"Ma'am...are you alright?" Spark asked Tart after her wacky moment of wackiness.

Rebonack
2013-02-08, 12:38 AM
[Grief's Cafe]

"Yep! I'm fine. Everypony is just fine. Everything is great and wonderful and swell! Nothing to worry about. Just a bee. Carry on, everypony. Nothing to see here," Tart says as she weaves a bit of glamor into her words. She is uninteresting and unremarkable. Don't even bother worrying about her or her outburst. That would be a waste of effort.

She then gives a small cough and starts trotting toward the stairs.

And then motions with her head for Grief to follow her.

"Could I... uuhh... talk to you for a moment? About the bees?"

It is pretty clear from her tone that she isn't actually worried about any bees.

Mystic Muse
2013-02-08, 12:45 AM
Despite the glamer, and despite the fact she is definitely not looking at her, Allo gets the feeling Smoothie is staring right at her. Unblinking staring. Into her soul staring.

Staaaaaaare.

But that's not possible, right?

Lycan 01
2013-02-08, 01:04 AM
Greif's Cafe

Greif raises an eyebrow, before shrugging and hopping up to hover in place. "Nice to meet you," he nods to Smoothie, and he gives a smile and a nod to Spark as well, before flittering off after Tart and following her upstairs.

Once they're upstairs (and in his living room, judging from the sofa, radio, and bookshelf), he lands and gestures with wave of his right wing for her to take a seat. "Okay, what's wrong?" he asks warily.

Meanwhile, back downstairs, Spin Top accepts Heartflight's bits and goes to start putting together her order. Or rather, her horn begins to glow, and the drink constructs itself in the background while she continues to work the bar. She raises an eyebrow at Silk Scarf and Top Hat. "Excuse me, may I help you?" she calls out to them. "Did you need something?" This cafe is crazy busy - it's hard to keep up with all these customers!

Rebonack
2013-02-08, 01:16 AM
[Grief's Cafe]

No sitting.

No time for that.

This should be fairly quick anyway.

"That 'unicorn' down there? Smoothie?" one can practically hear the wing-quotes attached to 'unicorn' despite Tart's (current) lack of wings. "Was rooting around inside my head. Mind reading, telepathy, the whole shebang. And her horn never lit up once. That was no spell. That was something... else... completely."

Well.

That's vaguely foreboding.

"And most of the things I'm aware of that use magic like that? Usually aren't exactly friendly..."

WELL!

That's more than vaguely foreboding.

"So yeah... the bit about krakens? Probably just the tip of the metaphorical iceberg..." Tart says as she peers back down the stairs cautiously. "Dunno if she's immediately dangerous or anything. I'm guessing not. And I'm sort of hoping that breaking line of sight will prevent more mind reading..."

Mystic Muse
2013-02-08, 01:27 AM
Nope. Line of sight doesn't break it at all. You have to be a certain distance away from her, or know a particular spell.

Tart is currently neither.

But Smoothie doesn't feel like antagonizing a mare she has no grudge with, so she isn't going to bother revealing all this, or continue reading Tart's mind. At least, not enough for Tart to notice. She can read surface thoughts without Tart noticing though, so she decides to do that instead.

Lycan 01
2013-02-08, 01:43 AM
Greif's Cafe - Upstairs

Greif doesn't laugh her off or treat this as something silly. Instead, his posture tenses, and he narrows his eyes suspiciously. "What... like a Changeling?" he asks warily. "You mentioned telepathy - what did she say?"

Wuh oh, looks like Greif is a smart cookie. But hey, you don't get to be a ranking officer in the RAF by being a dummy! He's probably read more than a few reports and dossiers on the Royal Wedding and Changelings...

AnimeKid
2013-02-08, 04:18 AM
Grill's Cafe

Blitz speeds off and returns to Cadmium with her mango smoothie is a flash. He then looks at the two magician ponies with a sort of blank look. Just how was he supposed to surprise them? The sudden influx of ponies really didn't help his thinking process. Luckily Tart and Spin were there to help him out. As spin comes over he says, "Hey Spin? We got anything surprising on the menu?"

Orzel
2013-02-08, 06:06 AM
"Perhaps you could coat the collar with a flavor she doesn't like?" She offered as she lifted her head to look down at him.

"Maybe. But I'm no good a making things that don't takes good. Maye you can create a potion..." Grills reached up and pulled the mare's head right above his for a lick. "Not that flavor."

Benson
2013-02-08, 09:24 AM
"Maybe. But I'm no good a making things that don't takes good. Maye you can create a potion..." Grills reached up and pulled the mare's head right above his for a lick. "Not that flavor."

Gwyn playfully squirmed as he licked her, a little smile on her face. "Well there we go, maybe I can make a coating that she *CAN* eat but wouldn't want to." The lithe plum mare soon found herself laying on top of Grills and took advantage of his warmth.

Deme
2013-02-08, 09:32 AM
Grill's Cafe

Blitz speeds off and returns to Cadmium with her mango smoothie is a flash. He then looks at the two magician ponies with a sort of blank look. Just how was he supposed to surprise them? The sudden influx of ponies really didn't help his thinking process. Luckily Tart and Spin were there to help him out. As spin comes over he says, "Hey Spin? We got anything surprising on the menu?"

To Spin's kind offer, they said triumphantly,
"It's ok, he's got this after-all!"
"He's got this!"

They seemed intensely pleased by this.

"Well, we've got a bunch of types...Some kids hanging out, one out all alone..."
"You think she likes being alone?"
"I wouldn't."

They looked at the other two for their opinion on the subject of Heartflight.

Lycan 01
2013-02-08, 11:18 AM
Greif's Cafe - Downstairs

Spin taps a hoof to her chin. "Hmmm. Let me think..."

Her eyes then light up, and she flashes a grin. "Oh! The Strawberry Tarts. They aren't on the menu, so it's a surprise that we serve them. As them if they want some of those, and... uh..." she pauses to think. "Maybe a strawberry smoothie?"

Orzel
2013-02-08, 11:39 AM
Gwyn playfully squirmed as he licked her, a little smile on her face. "Well there we go, maybe I can make a coating that she *CAN* eat but wouldn't want to." The lithe plum mare soon found herself laying on top of Grills and took advantage of his warmth.

"I wonder if we can get a photograph of all five of us in our best dress. That should be a goal." The stallion huggled the the mare. "And to think, I came to this town to be alone."

Rebonack
2013-02-08, 11:44 AM
[Grief's Cafe]

Right now Tart is thinking about two things, mostly. The first is the nagging fear that she's going to get outed after making such a good start. The second is that whatever that pony-shaped thing down there is it might flip out and hurt somepony. Hence why she's taking Grief aside and warning him.

"Wait... Changelings can read minds?" she retorts, sounding shocked at this news. "I hadn't ever heard that before. Just the whole 'take the shape of somepony you care about and then drain your love' part. Which is awful enough on its own."

Seems she's taking the misinformation in stride.

"Well... she just felt kind of off to me, y'know? So I was staring a bit trying to figure out what was up with her. All of a sudden she's rooting around in my head warning me of retribution if I stepped out of line by her estimation. Maybe she could tell I knew something was up, I dunno..."

Tart gives a conspiratorial glance back and forth. "And get this. She compared herself to Princess Celestia. And by a really old name, too. I... uuhh..."

The mock-unicorn fidgets a bit. She's visibly shaken and quite clearly uncomfortable about all this. "I didn't get the impression that she's any immediate danger. But at the very least I don't think customers would be that happy about somepony poking around in their personal thoughts..."

BlasTech
2013-02-08, 04:24 PM
To Spin's kind offer, they said triumphantly,
"It's ok, he's got this after-all!"
"He's got this!"

They seemed intensely pleased by this.

"Well, we've got a bunch of types...Some kids hanging out, one out all alone..."
"You think she likes being alone?"
"I wouldn't."

They looked at the other two for their opinion on the subject of Heartflight.

Quaver had simply moved her sandwich slightly, so as to protect it from the wonder twins when they'd decided to flop down on the table, rather than next to it.

Heartflight didn't exactly register with Quaver. She'd never met the pony before, so there was not much to distinguish the unicorn from anyone else in the horde of ponies that had descended on the cafe today.

In answer to their question, she simply gave a noncomittal shrug.

"Possibly not, but maybe she is just that type of pony?"

Lycan 01
2013-02-08, 05:06 PM
Greif's Cafe - Upstairs

Greif frowns. "I don't know. Most of what I know about Changelings is classified, I'm afraid. But since mind-affecting magic and spellcraft is their thing, telepathy doesn't seem out of the question."

He brings a set of talons up to his face, and begins to tap the underside of his beak in a thoughtful gesture. "Hm. But, Smoothie is Soft Serve's sister. And I've met her. She's nice, and is a well-established member of this community. If Smoothie were actually dangerous or a source of trouble, then it's doubtful she and her sister would be so popular around here. Either her sister keeps her in check, or we're jumping at shadows. Who knows," he shrugs, "Maybe she's just a really creepy psychic. There are stranger things beneath the sun..."

He turns to look back at the door to the stairs. "Well, as it stands, I don't think she's much of a threat. Just... impolite. I'll ask her to stop poking around in the minds of my workers and patrons. Sound good?"

To the Changeling, the griffin is likely giving off a mostly at-ease attitude, though there's a healthy dose of wariness mixed in there, and a little suspicion. Who or what he's suspicious of, though, is unclear...

Mystic Muse
2013-02-08, 05:13 PM
Once they get back downstairs, Smoothie will be gone as if she were never even there. The only sign she was is the food she paid for. She seems to have slipped out beneath everypony's notice.

Rebonack
2013-02-08, 05:25 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Tart frowns a bit at that reply. "Aaww... I guess all I can hope for is first-hoof knowledge of changelings then. Though if I'm lucky it won't ever come down to that. They sound pretty nasty."

Those nasty changelings!

Who would ever want to meet one of those?

"She's got a sister? Huh. Weird. The whole magic without using her horn thing is still pretty... unusual..."

Tart gives her head a shake. "Though I guess you told me to expect unusual around here, right? I figure just politely asking her not to read minds in the shop should do. Barring some pretty fancy magic there would be no real way to tell if she listened."

A shrug.

"But, eh. What are you going to do?"

Hawkflight
2013-02-08, 05:37 PM
Heart frowned as she watched Smoothie teleport away. Something was clearly up. With a flash of purple light, she summoned a piece of paper and a quill, and wrote, 'I'll be right back.'

With that, she slipped under the table and teleported to the library, fairly certain that's where she'd be.

Lycan 01
2013-02-08, 05:37 PM
Greif shrugs. "Depends on situation, and the Changeling. Anyway, I'm just going to have a nice little chat with her," he says as he opens the door.

Five seconds and a flight of stairs later...

"Or not."

Deme
2013-02-08, 07:16 PM
Quaver had simply moved her sandwich slightly, so as to protect it from the wonder twins when they'd decided to flop down on the table, rather than next to it.

Heartflight didn't exactly register with Quaver. She'd never met the pony before, so there was not much to distinguish the unicorn from anyone else in the horde of ponies that had descended on the cafe today.

In answer to their question, she simply gave a noncomittal shrug.

"Possibly not, but maybe she is just that type of pony?"

"What sort of pony is that?" Top Hat declared, getting a little hot under the collar. After a second in which the usual chorus didn't follow, he turned his head to see Silk Scarf looking at the empty table.

"Well, I guess she's gone now."

Rebonack
2013-02-08, 07:17 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Tart isn't particularly dismayed by the lack of Smoothie. In fact, her absence puts the mock-unicorn a little more at ease. The nagging thought that Smoothie could still hear them up on the second floor nibbles at her mind, but she stomps that down. No sense in getting worked up too much about what already may or may not have happened.

"Heh. Exciting day so far. Do you suppose that kracken you saw would be able to fit in here somehow, boss?"

The answer is probably no.

But in a town where a pony is using not-pony magic who knows what's possible!

Lycan 01
2013-02-08, 10:23 PM
Greif facepalms. "Oh I hope not. That's all I need right now," he grumbles. "Psychics and/or Changelings, ghostly apparitions, weird science... A sea monster asking for service would wrap this afternoon up perfectly," he says with a wave of his talons. "Maybe I should just close up early tonight, before things get too crazy..."

Hawkflight
2013-02-08, 11:35 PM
Heartflight teleported back into the cafe, under the table, then scrambled back up onto the seat. Grumbling and in a bad mood now, she checked to see if her drink had arrived.

Benson
2013-02-09, 12:12 AM
"I wonder if we can get a photograph of all five of us in our best dress. That should be a goal." The stallion huggled the the mare. "And to think, I came to this town to be alone."

"And to think I wanted to be alone, I' am ever so grateful for my hungry stomach that day." She wanly smirked and lowered her head to kiss him. She pulled away a moment later, her mind going off a tangent, sort of.

"So you want to take a family photo?"

========

Greif's Busy cafe

Well Spark was a little bummed out that Smoothie disappeared on him like that. He was currently in a pouty sad mood as he sipped on his soda pop and ate the scone.

As for Cadmium, she listened in amusement at the conversation between her current company as she sipped on her mango smoothie. She did give her thanks to Blitz, flashing him a small smile and nod.

Her eyes soon fell upon Heartflight as her expression fell a little. "Its pretty neat that some folks can teleport....is that a unicorn thing? Or do only some unicorns know that spell?" The question was also directed to Top Hat. In this town ya'd think all unicorns knew how to teleport.

Hawkflight
2013-02-09, 01:14 AM
Cadmium would probably overhear Heart mutter something about Smoothie acting like an emo tween before she interrupted.

========

Greif's Busy cafe

Well Spark was a little bummed out that Smoothie disappeared on him like that. He was currently in a pouty sad mood as he sipped on his soda pop and ate the scone.

As for Cadmium, she listened in amusement at the conversation between her current company as she sipped on her mango smoothie. She did give her thanks to Blitz, flashing him a small smile and nod.

Her eyes soon fell upon Heartflight as her expression fell a little. "Its pretty neat that some folks can teleport....is that a unicorn thing? Or do only some unicorns know that spell?" The question was also directed to Top Hat. In this town ya'd think all unicorns knew how to teleport.

"What? Oh, yeah," said Heart, snapping out of her daze. "Actually, it's olde magic. 'Olde' with an 'e'. Basically, back when Equestria was first colonized, it was not the idyllic place made out to be in the stories. If you get deep into the history books, you find out that they first colonized a place called Dream Valley. They named it such before realized just how perilous the place was, infested with all kinds of monsters, traps, really old and dangerous artifacts, witches, pony-eating plants, elder evils from the sea, etc. Unicorns developed the spell as a means of self-defense, and also a way to cheat at tag. So technically any unicorn can learn it, they just don't because they don't need to."

AnimeKid
2013-02-09, 07:59 AM
Grief's Cafe

Blitz turns around looking for Tart to make more of her delicious, well tarts! He spots Grief and Tart coming from upstairs...he didn't even know they had and upstairs! Whatever right now he had some serving to do! Speeding over to the two he said, Hey boss, Tart. Say Tart you now those strawberry tarts of yours? Well two customers just ordered for something surprising so Spin figured we show knock their socks off! Think you could whip of two more of those tarts and a couple of strawberry smoothies?"

Orzel
2013-02-09, 08:47 AM
"And to think I wanted to be alone, I' am ever so grateful for my hungry stomach that day." She wanly smirked and lowered her head to kiss him. She pulled away a moment later, her mind going off a tangent, sort of.

"So you want to take a family photo?"

A moment of affection distracted the chef. "Yeah. Something for my office and wallet. Display our growing family and all."

Deme
2013-02-09, 09:01 AM
"Wow, that's a cool story!"
"Incredible! I didn't know it worked that way!"

They seemed excited by this, and...Hovering dangerously close in an attempt to cheer her up. They'd even pushed the tables together in a single burst of FRIENDSHIP!

"I didn't realize we could cheat at tag with that!" Said the pegasus.
"Now, now, Silk Scarf... Tag is a gentleman's sport." Said the big unicorn.

They nodded, and extended their hooves.

"Anyway, put 'er there, little friend! I'm Top Hat!"
"And I'm Silk Scarf!"

Rebonack
2013-02-09, 11:32 AM
[Grief's Cafe]

Tart waves a hoof at the display case nearby housing all the pastries. "I already whipped up a baker's dozen, though the first one went to the boss for his approval. Just grab 'em out of there and we should be good. The crust is probably still warm."

Mmm... fresh baked pastries are the best!

"But... uuhh... I can do drinks. But I thought that was Top's thing?" she gives the other mare a questioning look. "If she's got the smoothie covered I've got some apple fritters to fry up. We gotta work out a system here, y'know?"

A pair of tarts are levitated out of the display in a shroud of livid green magic, set on a pair of lil' plates, and then passed off to Blitz. "The smoothie'll be done in a jiffy one way or the other. But the tarts are good to go."

Once the food is away a grin will be flashed at Grief. "Aaww... Don't take all the wonder out of it. Who knows! You might even get to see me wig out again. Never know when the bees might come back."

Benson
2013-02-09, 12:46 PM
A moment of affection distracted the chef. "Yeah. Something for my office and wallet. Display our growing family and all."

"Well, I would like to have reason to put a bowtie on little Garion," She the corners of her mouth raised up in amused thought.
======

Greif's Cafe

"Interesting story," Cadmium replied with interest as she hovered up in time as Top Hat and Silk Scarf suddenly had the tables pushed together. "Cadmium's the name by the way."

Lycan 01
2013-02-09, 02:05 PM
Spin, having overheard the conversation, quickly whips up a pair of strawberry smoothies. Once they're done, she levitates them across the room, and sets them on the table in front of Hat and Scarf.

If Heartflight hasn't gotten her chocolate malt yet, Spin will also levitate that over to her as well.

Greif, meanwhile, looks at Tart and grins crookedly. "Oh yes, because flailing about in blind panic is the best way to impress your boss," he playfully remarks.

The Changeling may once again "taste" a very faint and subtle hint of flirtation...

Rebonack
2013-02-09, 02:13 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Mmm... Always so easy...

Tart just eats up attention like this. In the most literal of senses. She has to make a concerted effort not to sway her flank in precisely that way as she heads behind the counter to fix up those fritters.

As nice as light romance is the changeling can't encourage it. Feeding on love of that sort is more dangerous in the long term. Sticking with the love of friendship is her best bet by far.

"Maybe not the best but it sure is a good conversation starter!" Tart snerks as she begins prepping the dough for the fritters. Huh... she's making a pretty noticeable point of avoiding the steel portions of the counter-top even when using them would be convenient. That's kind of weird.

And her magic seems to falter slightly when she grabs that baking pan.

None of these things are particularly noticeable to the unassuming. But to someone trained in what to look for? The Aes Shee aren't exactly well known for being big fans of iron.

Lycan 01
2013-02-09, 02:31 PM
Greif chuckles, and heads over to lean against the bar across from Tart as she works. "Maybe where you're from!" he smirks. "Where I'm from, a simple 'hello' works just fine for starting a conversations. It also tends to cause a lot less of a scene."

Less flirty, but still a hint of attempted charm mixed in with the warm friendliness. And... a faint hint of curiosity. Tart may notice that Greif is watching with a slightly raised eyebrow. But is he watching her, or watching her work? Hard to tell...

Rebonack
2013-02-09, 02:48 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

"All sorts of greetings! Hoof-bump, hand-shake. The Saddle Arabians do this thing where they kiss each other on the side of the neck. Forget what it's called now. Diamond dogs... smell each other... places..."

The less said about that the better as far as Tart is concerned.

Changelings have their password greetings, of course. Can't instantly recognize each other when disguised after all.

"Ever see a pair of dragons greet each other before?" Tart asks with a wide grin. "Involves a whole lot of fire."

Makes sense considering that they can bathe in lava unharmed.

"But if you insist I can stick to boring greetings and limb-bopping."

Tart rolls the dough she made around some recently sliced apple bites and sets them into a basket to dunk into the frier. A wonderfully sweet scent of apple and cinnamon fills the room as the pastries begin to sizzle.

"Mmm... Nothing like the smell of frying fritters. Where are your apples from?"

Orzel
2013-02-09, 03:03 PM
"Well, I would like to have reason to put a bowtie on little Garion," She the corners of her mouth raised up in amused thought.

"Progress with our gentlecolt has been good, I suspect." Grills adjusted himself on the couch. "Garion's going to need a bed in my apartment."

Hawkflight
2013-02-09, 05:38 PM
"Wow, that's a cool story!"
"Incredible! I didn't know it worked that way!"

They seemed excited by this, and...Hovering dangerously close in an attempt to cheer her up. They'd even pushed the tables together in a single burst of FRIENDSHIP!

"I didn't realize we could cheat at tag with that!" Said the pegasus.
"Now, now, Silk Scarf... Tag is a gentleman's sport." Said the big unicorn.

They nodded, and extended their hooves.

"Anyway, put 'er there, little friend! I'm Top Hat!"
"And I'm Silk Scarf!"

Greif's Cafe

"Interesting story," Cadmium replied with interest as she hovered up in time as Top Hat and Silk Scarf suddenly had the tables pushed together. "Cadmium's the name by the way."

A variety of responses went through Heart's head before she settled on a simple reply. "Uh, Heartflight." Unfortunately, she had no idea whose hoof to shake, so she just sat there uncertainly instead.

Lycan 01
2013-02-09, 05:44 PM
Greif gives another crooked grin. "Limb-bopping? Is that what they're calling it these days?" he asks playfully. Tart should be able to sense that he's not trying to be flirty with that one; he's just being mischievous and silly.

He then gestures at the apple fritters. "I ordered most of the apples from Ponyville, since I was able to work out a deal with the owners of an orchard there. I bought several orders of their best cider-" he points to the top shelf of the cider display, "-So they gave me a neat little discount. Hard to pass up a premium deal like that."

He sniffs the air, and grins. "Oh wow, you really know what you're doing, don't you?"

BlasTech
2013-02-09, 05:54 PM
A variety of responses went through Heart's head before she settled on a simple reply. "Uh, Heartflight." Unfortunately, she had no idea whose hoof to shake, so she just sat there uncertainly instead.

Quaver had maintained her air of dignified repose, despite having been bodily moved to her table's new location by the wonder twins. She gave Heartflight a polite incline of the head in reply.

"Quaver" she said, simply.

Rebonack
2013-02-09, 07:33 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

The griffin gets a laugh out of Tart. Honestly getting a laugh out of her isn't that hard. She seems to have a pretty happy go lucky attitude for the most part. "No, that's just what I call it on account of being weird."

At least she's honest!

Then Grief says where the apples came from!

And a rather wide grin sloooooowly spreads across Tart's face. "And here I thought I was crazy when I guessed these were south orchard Sweet Apple Acres."

She snags another apple in her magic, pulling it in close and giving it a sniff. Mmmm... "It's the wild magic in the ground from being so close to the Everfree. Makes growing a bit harder, but wow does it ever bring out the flavor."

Tart gestures at Grief with the piece of fruit. "If you ever get the chance to buy some zap apples from them? Jump on it."

Lycan 01
2013-02-09, 07:39 PM
Greif smiles, but raises a curious brow. "Interesting. How do you know so much about magic and agriculture around the Everfree?" he asks.

Rebonack
2013-02-09, 08:00 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Tart doesn't miss a beat as she levitates the fritters out of the oil bath and sets them out to dry and cool. Don't wanna eat them right away after all. That would be a wonderful way to burn yourself.

"Stayed in Ponyville a while a few years back," she replies. Heh... quite a few years back. Thankfully she had moved on without getting outed. Though obviously she wouldn't be able to return there with the same persona. It was... well.

We'll just say that unless she made herself look like a prune there would be some suspicions.

"Offering to work as a farm-hoof is a pretty solid way to get a roof over your head. Learned some neat stuff while I was there," she grins knowingly at the steaming fritters. "Of course I wouldn't use their fritter recipe exactly. 's my own spin on it and a whole gaggle of other variations I've encountered. But some fresh ideas are always welcome!"

Lycan 01
2013-02-09, 08:25 PM
Greif smiles. "Oh, you worked on Sweet Apple Acres?" he asks, genuinely curious. "I bet that was interesting. They seem like quite a nice little clan."

Think fast, little Changeling.

Rebonack
2013-02-09, 08:40 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Thinking on one's hooves is the changeling way. When you commonly live a lie finding ways to tweak what you say is a very useful skill. And when in doubt steer the conversation somewhere else!

"They're a nice buncha ponies, the Apples. You can find 'em pretty much anywhere in Equestria," which results in a rather thoughtful look from the mock-unicorn. "Huh... wonder if there's anypony from the Apple Clan living here. That might be worth looking into..."

Would have to swap over to an elderly earth pony persona to get that to be believable. It might be worth while to collect some new information on what's going on in Ponyville. There should have been a reunion relatively recently.

Too much of a risk going to Ponyville herself, though. There's no way Tart would get anywhere close to Sol Invicta's favored student.

Lycan 01
2013-02-09, 08:50 PM
"Beats me," Greif shrugs. "I'm new in town, remember? I only know about five ponies here. Hm." He taps his beak thoughtfully. "Maybe we should do some sort of party or meet-and-great or something? Y'know, get to know folks around town better?"

Because that totally won't end badly...

Rebonack
2013-02-09, 09:01 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

"Sounds like it could be an adventure to me! And if there's one thing that I'm not going to pass up it's the chance at adventure," Tart laughs.

The by now cooled fritters are levitated onto a tray and stowed away into the display case. There! Another job well done.

Hmm...

Tart eyes the young pegasus seated nearby as a devious plan begins to form in her mind.

"Y'know. I think what I might need is taste tester to make sure that any new recipes I try are up to snuff. Do you know of anypony-" she nods in a very 'hint hint' fashion toward Spark. "-who might be able to fill a job like that?"

Lycan 01
2013-02-09, 09:05 PM
Greif smirks, and turns to wave Spark over. "Hey Spark, c'mere. I got somethin' for ya."

He then turns to Tart, and gives her a crooked smile. "Please don't break my new protege."

Deme
2013-02-09, 09:12 PM

They took both her forelimbs and shook them.

"You must be a child prodigy, knowing that sort of stuff!"
"I don't reccomend it, young filly. Being out all night, making your parents worry.... I was one, too, once; I know how it is! You think you can take the serious backstreet marblers and their hard cider parties, but in the end, you have to lurch back home, and throw yourself -- yes, throw yourself -- on the mercy of your family! It's hard being a prodigy.

This confused little bit of backstory ended with another triumphant smile.

"That's why I eventually struck out on my own for good and found Silk Scarf here!"

He draped a foreleg around the pegasus, who beamed at him starry-eyed, as always.

"Incredible! Anyway, we haven't seen you at our shows; don't you have any friends to go with?"

Hawkflight
2013-02-09, 09:48 PM
They took both her forelimbs and shook them.

"You must be a child prodigy, knowing that sort of stuff!"
"I don't reccomend it, young filly. Being out all night, making your parents worry.... I was one, too, once; I know how it is! You think you can take the serious backstreet marblers and their hard cider parties, but in the end, you have to lurch back home, and throw yourself -- yes, throw yourself -- on the mercy of your family! It's hard being a prodigy.

This confused little bit of backstory ended with another triumphant smile.

"That's why I eventually struck out on my own for good and found Silk Scarf here!"

99 replies bounced through Heart's head at the over-excitable duo, so it took her a moment to even find her voice. "Th-That has nothing to do with being a prodigy! It sounds more like a college dropout!"

He draped a foreleg around the pegasus, who beamed at him starry-eyed, as always.

"Incredible! Anyway, we haven't seen you at our shows; don't you have any friends to go with?"

Heart's mind, unbidden, flashed back to her meeting with Smoothie. A sour expression flashed briefly across her face before she banished it and shook her head.

"I'm new here," she said. "I have a friend or two, but they're ... not exactly the party kinds of ponies."

Benson
2013-02-10, 08:51 AM
Greif's Cafe

"Well, maybe we can be your party kinds of friends? Like your cool adult adult friends hahaha....that's not that weird right?" She chuckled and wrinkled her muzzle. She then took a glance at the lovable goofy couple.

"Oh?...How did you and Silk Scarf come to be together? I'm sure there's a good story there..!"

"Progress with our gentlecolt has been good, I suspect." Grills adjusted himself on the couch. "Garion's going to need a bed in my apartment."

"I suggest one with Daring Do sheets, he seems to love that adventuring mare character," She commented as she traced light circles on his chest with her hoof.

Deme
2013-02-10, 09:43 AM
99 replies bounced through Heart's head at the over-excitable duo, so it took her a moment to even find her voice. "Th-That has nothing to do with being a prodigy! It sounds more like a college dropout!"

Top Hat laughed, merrily. Completely unconcerned with her concern.
"Oh, don't worry! I got kicked out of magic school well before college!"

He and Silk Scarf laughed.

"Top Hat and I met one perfect summer day... I was living my life in San Diequine. I was trying to understand myself as a performer, and to be understood...And tried to come up with a dazzling performance. So I decided... I'D STEAL A MUSEUM! All I needed was a good costume, so I found a nice mummy outfit and went... But it occured to me I couldn't really steal a museum, so I'd have to steal a door. When I went to one of the doors... There stood before me a dazzlingly-dressed mummy, trying to pull the door out of his hat. "

Silk Scarf sighed romantically.
"Our eyes met. And we knew in that moment we'd never be alone again."

Top Hat shook his head.
"That's not how it happened! The museum was later, in our avant garde phase!"
"Really? How was it?"
"...." small beads of sweat emerged on Top Hat's face.
"D-does it really matter? I've got you, babe, and you've got me! The past is just a fleeting bird, in the face of an infinite future of love and adventure!"
"Incredible!"

...Well, something like that was probably true, anyway.

Orzel
2013-02-10, 09:55 AM
"I suggest one with Daring Do sheets, he seems to love that adventuring mare character," She commented as she traced light circles on his chest with her hoof.

The mare's hoof tickled but he loved it. "I suppose you want from sheet with me printed on them as well?" He looked off to the side and mixed a goblet of juice with a silly straw. Another recent purchase for the boy.

Benson
2013-02-10, 02:31 PM
Cafe

"Wait...so you two tried to steal a museum door? Hahah...that must have been something," Caddy lightly smirked in amusement.

The mare's hoof tickled but he loved it. "I suppose you want from sheet with me printed on them as well?" He looked off to the side and mixed a goblet of juice with a silly straw. Another recent purchase for the boy.

"Nah...I think I'm good with curling up with the real deal, they're much more warmer and toasty," She said quirking a brow before moving in to sneakily kiss his chin.

Greif smirks, and turns to wave Spark over. "Hey Spark, c'mere. I got somethin' for ya."

He then turns to Tart, and gives her a crooked smile. "Please don't break my new protege."

"Huh?" The young pegasus asked with the straw an inch away from his mouth. "Break me?....I don't like the sound of that. Anyways....whatcha need sir?"

Rebonack
2013-02-10, 02:57 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

"We need a taste tester," Tart says as she snags a fritter in her magic and levitates the still warm pastry toward the colt. "Somepony who can give my baked goods an unbiased assessment. Think you're up to the challenge?"

...the fritter smells delicious...

"So you try the stuff out and tell us if they're fit for pony consumption. Every now and again I'll take a shot at a new recipe and I want you to tell me which version you like the best. Make sense?"

This...

This sounds like free pastries.

Mystic Muse
2013-02-10, 03:41 PM
Heartflight would notice, all of a sudden, there's an ash black coated, shining white mane and tail filly clinging to her. No, clinging is the wrong word. She's hugging Heartflight.

...The only question is where in the seven heavens she came from, because she's not old enough to know teleporting (Only 2) and she can't recall her seeing the filly enter. She's smiling.

Orzel
2013-02-10, 03:55 PM
"Nah...I think I'm good with curling up with the real deal, they're much more warmer and toasty," She said quirking a brow before moving in to sneakily kiss his chin.

"Hehe... not the chin. My weakspot." The stallion squirmed slightly and held Gwynfillion in such a way to stare into her eyes. "So this is us. Perhaps... we... for welfare of Garion.. add stability into this whole web of relationships we are building.."

Hawkflight
2013-02-10, 03:56 PM

Heartflight just facehoofed.

Greif's Cafe

"Well, maybe we can be your party kinds of friends? Like your cool adult adult friends hahaha....that's not that weird right?" She chuckled and wrinkled her muzzle.

"Not as weird as you might think, considering the circumstances," Said Heart. "You see---"

She found herself interrupted by the strange sensation of something being there that wasn't there before. As Top Hat and Silk Scarf used her silence to lauch into their story, she turned her head around to see what it was.

Heartflight would notice, all of a sudden, there's an ash black coated, shining white mane and tail filly clinging to her. No, clinging is the wrong word. She's hugging Heartflight.

...The only question is where in the seven heavens she came from, because she's not old enough to know teleporting (Only 2) and she can't recall her seeing the filly enter. She's smiling.

"Um ... hi?" Heart queried, slightly confused as to why a small foal was suddenly hugging her.

Lycan 01
2013-02-10, 04:02 PM
Greif gives Spark a nod. "Free lessons and free food? My my, you're quite the lucky colt today, aren't you?" he smirks.

Mystic Muse
2013-02-10, 04:06 PM
She found herself interrupted by the strange sensation of something being there that wasn't there before. As Top Hat and Silk Scarf used her silence to lauch into their story, she turned her head around to see what it was.

"Um ... hi?" Heart queried, slightly confused as to why a small foal was suddenly hugging her.

"Hi, Miss Heartflight. How are you today?" She asks the mare turned filly. She continues snuggling Heartflight happily.

Yes, this is probably somewhat surreal to say the least.

Hawkflight
2013-02-10, 04:27 PM
"Hi, Miss Heartflight. How are you today?" She asks the mare turned filly. She continues snuggling Heartflight happily.

Yes, this is probably somewhat surreal to say the least.

"Um ... I'm good," said Heart. "Um, what was your name?"

Benson
2013-02-10, 04:39 PM
"Hehe... not the chin. My weakspot." The stallion squirmed slightly and held Gwynfillion in such a way to stare into her eyes. "So this is us. Perhaps... we... for welfare of Garion.. add stability into this whole web of relationships we are building.."

She held her breath as she found herself looking into his eyes. "W-what...what are you trying to say there?" She asked, her voice faltering to a whisper in a few palces.

Cafe

Greif gives Spark a nod. "Free lessons and free food? My my, you're quite the lucky colt today, aren't you?" he smirks.

There was a still a minor look of derp confusion on the dopey colt's face. "I like free....I'll do it!" He said with a sudden burst of enthusiasm." he then looked at Strawberry Tart.

"A gentlecolt does his best to fulfill the requests of a lady."

Rebonack
2013-02-10, 04:54 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Tart blinks.

Then begins laughing that silly snorty laugh of hers. She really gets into it!

"Lady? Oh wow. That's good. I'm anything but a prim and proper unicorn lady. Adventure Hobo, remember? You wouldn't catch me dead getting prissied up in some spa."

A bit more sniggering from the mock unicorn before she manages to settle herself.

"Excellent! It is decided then. From hence forth you shall be my official pastry taste tester!" Tart declares as she holds out the fritter to the young colt in her magic. "This will be your first test. I have the utmost confidence in your abilities."

Mystic Muse
2013-02-10, 04:57 PM
"
"Um ... I'm good," said Heart. "Um, what was your name?"
"My name is Pale Night." she says to Heartflight. That name wouldn't sound familiar to Heartflight. At least, not in regards to this foal.

Hawkflight
2013-02-10, 05:13 PM
"
"My name is Pale Night." she says to Heartflight. That name wouldn't sound familiar to Heartflight. At least, not in regards to this foal.

"Well, Pale Night, um ... where are your parents?"

BlasTech
2013-02-10, 05:15 PM

"Top Hat and I met one perfect summer day... I was living my life in San Diequine. I was trying to understand myself as a performer, and to be understood...And tried to come up with a dazzling performance. So I decided... I'D STEAL A MUSEUM! All I needed was a good costume, so I found a nice mummy outfit and went... But it occured to me I couldn't really steal a museum, so I'd have to steal a door. When I went to one of the doors... There stood before me a dazzlingly-dressed mummy, trying to pull the door out of his hat. "

Silk Scarf sighed romantically.
"Our eyes met. And we knew in that moment we'd never be alone again."

Top Hat shook his head.
"That's not how it happened! The museum was later, in our avant garde phase!"
"Really? How was it?"
"...." small beads of sweat emerged on Top Hat's face.
"D-does it really matter? I've got you, babe, and you've got me! The past is just a fleeting bird, in the face of an infinite future of love and adventure!"
"Incredible!"

...Well, something like that was probably true, anyway.

It was amazing, simply stunning, almost unbelievable, just how much aplomb one could maintain while eating a daisy sandwich.

Quaver was doing a fairly good job of enjoying her meal in dignified silence as everyone else piled their words and life stories onto the new pony. Not Quaver though, she understood that if someone was really interested in knowing more about her, that they could ask.

Not to mention that she was really really good at maintaining a veneer of decorum despite Bridle Shores' more ... exccentric inhabitants.

Overly theatrical cook? - well, some ponies were just more enthusiastic about their talents than they should be.
Mysterious teleporting filly? - She was probably just crawling around under the table too.
Silk Scarf and Top Hat stealing a museum? - Par for the course with those two.

Of all of the shenanigans occuring, the most surprising to her was how pleasant her sandwich had turned out to be. It wasn't perfection, but it was definitely a cut above the normal fare in this town.

Chewing happily, she simply sat there, enjoying the show.

Orzel
2013-02-10, 05:53 PM
She held her breath as she found herself looking into his eyes. "W-what...what are you trying to say there?" She asked, her voice faltering to a whisper in a few palces.

"Let's enroll Garion in school and ah.. live together."

Mystic Muse
2013-02-10, 06:10 PM
"Well, Pale Night, um ... where are your parents?"

"Oh, mommy Luna is in Canterlot right now." Pale Night says. Oh my.

(No, she is not in fact related to Luna, she just thinks she is.)

Lycan 01
2013-02-10, 06:12 PM
Greif overhears the Luna comment. The record player in his head scratches to a sudden halt. "Wut?"

Hawkflight
2013-02-10, 06:21 PM
"Oh, mommy Luna is in Canterlot right now." Pale Night says. Oh my.

(No, she is not in fact related to Luna, she just thinks she is.)

Heartflight started, before common sense kicked in. She looked at Pale Night as sternly as she could (which wasn't that sternly, for numerous reasons).

"Pale Night, be honest," she said.

Mystic Muse
2013-02-10, 06:23 PM
Heartflight started, before common sense kicked in. She looked at Pale Night as sternly as she could (which wasn't that sternly, for numerous reasons).

"Pale Night, be honest," she said.

"...Be honest about what?" she asks confused. As far as she's aware, she hasn't been dishonest about anything.

Rebonack
2013-02-10, 06:42 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

If Spark isn't quick he'll find that Tart's magic suddenly falters as the filly nearby speaks up about her parentage.

"Wait, what?"

The mock-unicorn gives her head a shake. "No no no, not a chance. There's no way either of the princesses have foals running around that nopony knows about."

She casts a sidelong glance at Grief. "If Luh-eer.. Luna had a foal it would have been all over the news. Stuff like this doesn't happen in secret."

Right...?

Deme
2013-02-10, 08:51 PM
They laughed about the memory of the museum door heist, however it had happened.

"We did a lot of that sort of thing for a while. The costuming was incredible!"

Top Hat watched the filly hug Heart, quietly....You'd almost mistake it for thoughtful, if you didn't know Top Hat.

"You know this filly, Heartflight?"

Hawkflight
2013-02-10, 09:02 PM
They laughed about the memory of the museum door heist, however it had happened.

"We did a lot of that sort of thing for a while. The costuming was incredible!"

Top Hat watched the filly hug Heart, quietly....You'd almost mistake it for thoughtful, if you didn't know Top Hat.

"You know this filly, Heartflight?"

"Um, no."

Heartflight turned her attention back to the filly. "Now, where did you come from?"

Deme
2013-02-10, 09:11 PM
"Then why are you hugging her, little filly?"

He asked, a little confused about this sequence of events.

"Yeah, why not give us a hug?"

Lycan 01
2013-02-10, 09:12 PM
Greif tilts his head to the side, and studies Tart curiously. "You're asking me? The griffin? From a whole different country?" He cracks a smile. "Yeah, I'm not the raptor to ask."

He then tilts his head to the other side. "What was that you almost called Luna? Luh-what?"

Tart would be able to sense genuine curiosity and slight confusion from the griffin. And... maybe a slight trace of suspicion, flickering in and out. Odd.

Mystic Muse
2013-02-10, 09:20 PM
"Um, no."

Heartflight turned her attention back to the filly. Now, where did you come from?"

"Oh, that's simple. Other mommy accidentally made me with magic one night when she was sleeping." Pale Night says.

"Then why are you hugging her, little filly?"

He asked, a little confused about this sequence of events.

"Yeah, why not give us a hug?"

The filly zips over almost instantly and begins hugging them instead.

Hawkflight
2013-02-10, 09:31 PM
Heartflight frowned in thought for a moment.

"And who is 'other mommy'?" she asked.

Rebonack
2013-02-10, 09:36 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Tart mouths 'other mommy?' before giving a shrug. Ponies are weird sometimes.

"I would imagine the situation would be more or less the same over in the griffin lands," Tart replies with a shrug. "Everyone loves a good story about new royalty popping onto the scene."

And then another question!

Another question that Tart takes in stride. And this time around turns up the glamor just a bit. "Eh. Just another title for the Princess. I figured you probably wouldn't be familiar with it. Doesn't matter."

Nope.

Doesn't matter one bit.

Not even worth thinking about even a little.

May as well just forget about the whole thing especially since-

"I think I'll get to work on another fritter recipe. See what our taste tester thinks of 'em so we can decide on the best one."

Mystic Muse
2013-02-10, 09:49 PM
Heartflight frowned in thought for a moment.

"And who is 'other mommy'?" she asked.

"I'm not allowed to say." she says sadly. "Other mommy wuvs me, but she says other ponies aren't allowed to know yet." she explains.

Hawkflight
2013-02-10, 09:55 PM
"I'm not allowed to say." she says sadly. "Other mommy wuvs me, but she says other ponies aren't allowed to know yet." she explains.

"Then who are you living with? We really should find your mommy, or whomever you're with." Heartflight glanced up at Cadmium, Quaver, Top Hat, and Silk Scarf for help. Well, maybe just Cadmium and Quaver....

Deme
2013-02-10, 09:59 PM
Top Hat and Silk Scarf are definitely too busy hugging to notice the glance, but they'd agree. Top Hat reaches behind the filly's ear and pulls out a bit in an effort to amuse; it was very small magic, but...His horn didn't glow. Was it magic, or wasn't it? That's the trick of stage magic.

Mystic Muse
2013-02-10, 10:06 PM
"Then who are you living with? We really should find your mommy, or whomever you're with." Heartflight glanced up at Cadmium, Quaver, Top Hat, and Silk Scarf for help. Well, maybe just Cadmium and Quaver....

"I'll go back when I'm s'posed to. I'm a good pony." Pale Night insists. "Otherwise, other mommy won't get me presents for mah birfday!" She says this like this is, of all the worst possible things, the WORST. POSSIBLE. THING.

Top Hat and Silk Scarf are definitely too busy hugging to notice the glance, but they'd agree. Top Hat reaches behind the filly's ear and pulls out a bit in an effort to amuse; it was very small magic, but...His horn didn't glow. Was it magic, or wasn't it? That's the trick of stage magic.

The filly giggles. "Again!" She requests enthusiastically.

Hawkflight
2013-02-10, 10:21 PM
"I'll go back when I'm s'posed to. I'm a good pony." Pale Night insists. "Otherwise, other mommy won't get me presents for mah birfday!" She says this like this is, of all the worst possible things, the WORST. POSSIBLE. THING.

Heartflight frowned briefly, but nodded. "Okay then ... would you like something to drink?" she asked.

Benson
2013-02-11, 01:35 AM
"Let's enroll Garion in school and ah.. live together."

"Wait what....what was that last part Grills?" She asked staring him in the eyes.

[Grief's Cafe]

Tart blinks.

Then begins laughing that silly snorty laugh of hers. She really gets into it!

"Lady? Oh wow. That's good. I'm anything but a prim and proper unicorn lady. Adventure Hobo, remember? You wouldn't catch me dead getting prissied up in some spa."

A bit more sniggering from the mock unicorn before she manages to settle herself.

"Excellent! It is decided then. From hence forth you shall be my official pastry taste tester!" Tart declares as she holds out the fritter to the young colt in her magic. "This will be your first test. I have the utmost confidence in your abilities."

"You're a mare and thus a lady, with requests I must do my best to fulfill," Spark said in his colty matter of fact way. He then looked at the tart in front of him and poked at it with his muzzle, as if though he were testing its flaky, gooey sticky goodness. He then took a big boy bite and om nom nom nommmmmed away. He then wrinkled his muzzle and wiped his mouth.

"Not bad, pretty yummy, though...ma'am....more fruit filling would benefit it lots." he nodded his head.

"And why is this?"

Orzel
2013-02-11, 05:46 AM
"Wait what....what was that last part Grills?" She asked staring him in the eyes.

Grills's mouth went neutral and his left hoof found itself Gwynfillion's mane. "I want us to m..move in together... it's not fair for you to handle everything by yourself... I miss everything. I miss you." Emotional talk with a deep gaze into iris colored eyes might was his plan. It didn't matter how much of a hypocrite he was being.

Benson
2013-02-11, 01:39 PM
Grills's mouth went neutral and his left hoof found itself Gwynfillion's mane. "I want us to m..move in together... it's not fair for you to handle everything by yourself... I miss everything. I miss you." Emotional talk with a deep gaze into iris colored eyes might was his plan. It didn't matter how much of a hypocrite he was being.

"......" There was a long silence from Gwynfillion as she stared back into his own, different colored eyes.

"I admit...I liked our set up as was." She said quietly and looked away, feeling as if though she the desire crusher here.

Rebonack
2013-02-11, 04:06 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

"Hehehe... Gotta be more than just a mare to be a Lady, short stuff," Tart laughs as she begins doing a lil' dance in place as she gathers the ingredients for another batch of fritters. "If you wanna see me play proper lady I can do proper lady. And let me tell you there's a world of difference."

She levitates a knife out and begins to thinly dice the apples as she mixes up some gooey fruit filling.

"Now then. It sounds to me like you prefer the fritters that have got oozy sweet apple filling in 'em like pies do. I was thinkin' about trying that recipe next and you my friend!" Tart waves an apple slice at the colt. "Helped me make up my mind. Better get yourself ready hot-shot, because this next round is going to blow your shoes off!"

Benson
2013-02-11, 04:34 PM
"But...I don't wear shoes..." Spark said completely missing the point of what all she said as he wiggled his hooves.

Orzel
2013-02-11, 04:37 PM
"......" There was a long silence from Gwynfillion as she stared back into his own, different colored eyes.

"I admit...I liked our set up as was." She said quietly and looked away, feeling as if though she the desire crusher here.

Grills placed his hoof over the mare's cheek to keep the eye gaze going. "I did as well but it seems like I am never there for you or Garion. I figured if.. you know... I could help out more." His mouth slid to one side of his face. "What kind of example of a gentle colt would I be if I am not there for him? And surely I would need more opportunities to show trustworthiness to you. I can't let my readability ro the ones I care about to be questioned."

Lycan 01
2013-02-11, 04:38 PM
Greif smirks, propping an elbow on the counter and craddling his head in a set of talons. "Oh? A world of difference, you say? Pray tell, how different is 'Chef Tart' from 'Elegant Lady Tart?' Hmmm?" he asks with an amused smile.

Rebonack
2013-02-11, 05:10 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Tart scrunches her nose at the colt's lack of shodding. Then glances down at her own bronze horse shoes. "Huh, well. So you don't. Is it common to go bare-hoof around here?"

Horse shoes are popular in some communities.

Not so much in others.

With a shrug Tart continues working on her batch of fritters.

"Fancy clothing, styled mane. I dunno, posh accent I guess? Probably laugh a lot less!" Tart snerks. "Ya gotta be a lot more subdued to pull the proper Lady thing off right. It just isn't my style to act all prim and proper. Adventure Hobo, remember? High society I'm not."

Lycan 01
2013-02-11, 05:43 PM
"You forgot to mention the fancy titles you have to call everyone by," Greif remarks with a bemused roll of his eyes. "And the complicated greetings and proper etiquette and all that jazz..."

He gives a dismissive wave of his left talons. "I've been to a social function or two in my time. Wasn't my cup of tea." He smirks, and leans a bit further over the counter. "Though I'm sure you'd have been a big hit at some of the Royal Griffin Galas, all dressed up with your hair done... and your 'Adventure Hobo' act. Heh heh..."

BlasTech
2013-02-11, 05:44 PM
[Grief's Cafe]
"Fancy clothing, styled mane. I dunno, posh accent I guess? Probably laugh a lot less!" Tart snerks. "Ya gotta be a lot more subdued to pull the proper Lady thing off right. It just isn't my style to act all prim and proper. Adventure Hobo, remember? High society I'm not."

Quietly, and completely coincidentally, Quaver finished taking a bite from her daisy sandwich. Placing it on her plate, she dabbed at her mouth with the napkin before resuming her dignified posture; a small island of refined calm in a sea of ponies who were either still hugging one another or interrogating small fillies.

Mystic Muse
2013-02-11, 06:07 PM
"And why is this?"

"Because other mommy said so. Duh." Pale Night responds. "A good filly listens to her mommy." she says.

Heartflight frowned briefly, but nodded. "Okay then ... would you like something to drink?" she asked.
"Sure!" She says enthusiastically with a big smile.

Rebonack
2013-02-11, 06:16 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Into the frier the soon-to-be fritters go! Not much longer now and a certain colt will have another tasty pastry to try out! No doubt he must be anticipating this most wonderful of things.

"It makes a ritual out of everything," Tart replies, waving a hoof in a not particularly explanatory fashion. "Sucks all the fun and spontaneity out of an event. Heh... did you hear about what happened when the Elements of Harmony were invited to the Grand Galloping Gala a few years ago? That was a complete riot! I doubt that party has been quite so lively for at least a few hundred years."

Nothing quite like filling the grand banquette hall with a stampede of critters.

A wide grin slowly spreads across Tart's face. "The big griffin shindig, eh? Think you could score me an invitation? Or would I ruffle too many feathers?"

AnimeKid
2013-02-12, 08:47 AM
Grief's Cafe

Blitz had been busy getting the strawberry tarts for Silk Scarf and Top Hat when he heard the little filly make her claim. He froze for a moment as he brain tried to process what he just heard and how it was possible. Mainly that it WASN'T...right? Well after a minute or two Blitz brain manages to reboot and he decides that out of mind out of sight is the best policy. After all it looked like the pony referred to as Heartflight was handling the question of how to get the filly home well enough. As such her went over to the table to supply the two eccentric ponies with their surprise treats.

Benson
2013-02-12, 08:51 AM
Greif's Cafe

"When I say lady, I don't mean in regards to fancy stuff and dressing up and being all kinds of proper. I mean it as a nicer word for mare." Spark pouted his lips in thought on the matter. But soon the foal was distracted with the prospect of more delicious desserts.

=========

Grills placed his hoof over the mare's cheek to keep the eye gaze going. "I did as well but it seems like I am never there for you or Garion. I figured if.. you know... I could help out more." His mouth slid to one side of his face. "What kind of example of a gentle colt would I be if I am not there for him? And surely I would need more opportunities to show trustworthiness to you. I can't let my readability ro the ones I care about to be questioned."

"I don't really see this evidence of you never there for me or Garion, you're being too hard on yourself right now with something that isn't even a thing." Gwynfillion frowned and placed her hoof on his cheek.

Orzel
2013-02-12, 11:12 AM
"I don't really see this evidence of you never there for me or Garion, you're being too hard on yourself right now with something that isn't even a thing." Gwynfillion frowned and placed her hoof on his cheek.

Grills exhaled softly. "Maybe you're right. Maybe I am just making a big deal out of nothing." said the perfectionist pony. He was not telling the truth but he could never continue showing uncertainty now. "Now stop frowning. The world deserves every bit of your beauty."

Benson
2013-02-12, 04:04 PM
Grills exhaled softly. "Maybe you're right. Maybe I am just making a big deal out of nothing." said the perfectionist pony. He was not telling the truth but he could never continue showing uncertainty now. "Now stop frowning. The world deserves every bit of your beauty."

Gwyn looked down at him and gave him a lazy little smile. She lightly kissed his horn in a peckish manner. "You cheeseball."

Orzel
2013-02-12, 07:53 PM
Gwyn looked down at him and gave him a lazy little smile. She lightly kissed his horn in a peckish manner. "You cheeseball."

The horn kiss tickled. All the candles in the apartment danced. A few went out.
He had to use some magic to make his horn glow. The dim light focused his eyes on Gwynfillion even more clearly. It was really all he wanted to see but the choice wasn't all his at the moment.
"Look. The candles are so jealous of your fiery loveliness many of them left us." said the stallion with a straight face.

Benson
2013-02-13, 01:47 AM
The Love Nest of Saccharine Goop

"Well boo on them," She replied with a haughty harumph before returning her gaze to her stallion.

Orzel
2013-02-13, 03:16 AM
The Love Nest of Saccharine Goop

"Well boo on them," She replied with a haughty harumph before returning her gaze to her stallion.

"Well if my queen denounces them, they should go " And with that he snuffed out the remaining candles in the apartment. The entire house was dark save for the glowing of his horn. "Now let us osculate before I grow sick from yearning."

Deme
2013-02-13, 08:56 AM
"You forgot to mention the fancy titles you have to call everyone by," Greif remarks with a bemused roll of his eyes. "And the complicated greetings and proper etiquette and all that jazz..."

He gives a dismissive wave of his left talons. "I've been to a social function or two in my time. Wasn't my cup of tea." He smirks, and leans a bit further over the counter. "Though I'm sure you'd have been a big hit at some of the Royal Griffin Galas, all dressed up with your hair done... and your 'Adventure Hobo' act. Heh heh..."

"It's so tedious, having a social calender!"
"So tedious!"

They said, as Top Hat dug around in his hat and produced -- still no hornglow -- a small stuffed rabbit for the foal. When he pulled it out of the hat, the paws were danging loose, but when he handed it over, the paws were clutched tightly.

"The real rabbit's on break,"

he explained. And then the tarts arrived!

"What a surprise!"
"An incredible surprise indeed!"

And they dug in.

Lycan 01
2013-02-13, 02:19 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Into the frier the soon-to-be fritters go! Not much longer now and a certain colt will have another tasty pastry to try out! No doubt he must be anticipating this most wonderful of things.

"It makes a ritual out of everything," Tart replies, waving a hoof in a not particularly explanatory fashion. "Sucks all the fun and spontaneity out of an event. Heh... did you hear about what happened when the Elements of Harmony were invited to the Grand Galloping Gala a few years ago? That was a complete riot! I doubt that party has been quite so lively for at least a few hundred years."

Nothing quite like filling the grand banquette hall with a stampede of critters.

A wide grin slowly spreads across Tart's face. "The big griffin shindig, eh? Think you could score me an invitation? Or would I ruffle too many feathers?"

Greif chuckles. "I'm sure I could get you an invitation if I asked. Though I'm not sure how many feathers you would ruffle. Ponies are an uncommon sight at 'the big griffin shindig,' but it's not unheard of for diplomats to attend as a sign of good relations between the two Kingdoms. Celestia herself has shown up a few times, actually. So no, I don't think you'd cause too much of a scene... as long as you didn't actually cause a scene," he smirks.

Benson
2013-02-13, 02:45 PM
"Well if my queen denounces them, they should go " And with that he snuffed out the remaining candles in the apartment. The entire house was dark save for the glowing of his horn. "Now let us osculate before I grow sick from yearning."

"Oh you and your ten Bit fancy words," She smirked and shook her head and then kissed him again, as requested.

Rebonack
2013-02-13, 05:58 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Tart gives a GASP! of mock dismay. "Me? Make a scene? Why I would never do such a thing. What do you take me for, some kind of wandering thrill seeking transient?"

Well...

Uuuh...

This IS sort of exactly what she is...

Anywho!

The second batch of fritters are removed from the frier and set on a rack to cool. The aroma of cinnamon and apples is downright heavenly. Won't be too long now...

Tart gives a sagely nod to the young colt. "See? That there is the problem. Not every mare is a Lady and not every stallion is a Gentlecolt. These are things ya gotta strive for, y'know? But if you want to be a Gentlecolt one good way to do it is treat every mare like a Lady whether she acts like one or not."

Orzel
2013-02-13, 08:23 PM
"Oh you and your ten Bit fancy words," She smirked and shook her head and then kissed him again, as requested.

Grills then pulled Gwynfillion down into a pony hug. "Good night, sugarplum."

BlasTech
2013-02-13, 08:27 PM
Tart gives a sagely nod to the young colt. "See? That there is the problem. Not every mare is a Lady and not every stallion is a Gentlecolt. These are things ya gotta strive for, y'know? But if you want to be a Gentlecolt one good way to do it is treat every mare like a Lady whether she acts like one or not."

"There's a bit of advice some ponies could stand to learn." Quaver muttered, as she polished off her sandwich.

Lycan 01
2013-02-13, 08:53 PM

"There's a bit of advice some ponies could stand to learn." Quaver muttered, as she polished off her sandwich.

Greif gives a sagely nod of his own. "That does sound like a pretty wise bit of advice."

He looks over at Quaver, and smiles as she finishes her meal. "Is there anything else I can get for you, ma'am?"

BlasTech
2013-02-13, 09:22 PM
"Tea, Rose if you have it, please." Replied Quaver.

Mystic Muse
2013-02-13, 09:27 PM
Pale Night happily takes the wabbit and hugs it. "It's soooooo cuuuuuuuute." she says with a smile on her face.

Deme
2013-02-13, 09:29 PM
When she hugs the rabbit, its paws slide open to reveal a little wrapped candy.

Mystic Muse
2013-02-13, 09:41 PM
When she hugs the rabbit, its paws slide open to reveal a little wrapped candy.

Pale Night GAAAAAAAAAAAAAASPS.

"White shocolate twuffles are my favorite! How did you know?" She asks the little wascawwy wabbit.

Hawkflight
2013-02-13, 10:36 PM
"Because other mommy said so. Duh." Pale Night responds. "A good filly listens to her mommy." she says.

"Sure!" She says enthusiastically with a big smile.

Heartflight smiled and giggled slightly at the foal's adorableness. "What would you like?" she asked.

Benson
2013-02-14, 06:19 PM
Grills then pulled Gwynfillion down into a pony hug. "Good night, sugarplum."

"Good night my chocolate chef," She smiled and melted into his warm hug.

============

[Grief's Cafe]
The second batch of fritters are removed from the frier and set on a rack to cool. The aroma of cinnamon and apples is downright heavenly. Won't be too long now...

"That's what I've been doing, its like telling me thing I already know ma'am," The colt briefly pouted and then opted to suck on his beverage.
=========

Cadmium smirked at the magic trick and clopped her hind hooves on the ground for short applause. "So when did you two get into stage magic?" She asked the silly couple.

Rebonack
2013-02-14, 07:28 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

"Then you're on a pretty decent path, kiddo. Here!"

One of the recently cooled fritters is offered to him.

"Tell me what you think of that."

Suffice to say?

It should be delicious.

Y'know how most cooks say that the secret ingredient is love? That's a little more literal for Tart. It might not be quite like an earth pony touching all their work with their magic, but close enough right?

Mystic Muse
2013-02-15, 01:35 AM
"...Ummm...Hmmm..." She thinks for a moment. "Cweam Soda is really good. Especially with a scoop of ice cweam." She says.

BlasTech
2013-02-15, 04:34 AM
"...Ummm...Hmmm..." She thinks for a moment. "Cweam Soda is really good. Especially with a scoop of ice cweam." She says.

And one cream soda, with ice cream" Quaver added, addressing the pony taking her order.

Deme
2013-02-15, 08:49 AM
"Call it intuition," said Top Hat, with an exaggerated wink.
"Intuition!" with a matching wink.

As they dug into their tarts, the eventually came up for enough air to answer Cadmium's question:
"Hmmm....When I was a colt in school; a sort of magic that sidestepped magic appealed to me, even if my examiners didn't like it."
That had caused a lot of trouble. He wasn't sure why, when it got the same stuff done.

"I saw a travelling show once as a filly....But it was kind of a difficult path for a young pegasus..."

Silk Scarf's face relaxed enough to see a bit of trouble on it as she spoke, like she was remembering an intense loneliness from across a great distance.

Lycan 01
2013-02-15, 04:27 PM
"Tea, Rose if you have it, please." Replied Quaver.

And one cream soda, with ice cream" Quaver added, addressing the pony taking her order.

Greif nods, and hops over the counter in one fluid, deft movement. He begins to fiddle with the coffee and tea machines, getting the water prepped to boil as he looks around for the rose tea packets.

Spin, meanwhile, begins to prepare the cream soda and ice cream float.

A few short moments later, both orders are placed upon the counter by a griffin griffin and a pleasantly smiling mare.

BlasTech
2013-02-15, 04:55 PM
Greif nods, and hops over the counter in one fluid, deft movement. He begins to fiddle with the coffee and tea machines, getting the water prepped to boil as he looks around for the rose tea packets.

Spin, meanwhile, begins to prepare the cream soda and ice cream float.

A few short moments later, both orders are placed upon the counter by a griffin griffin and a pleasantly smiling mare.

"Thank you" Quaver replied, hoofing over the bits for the drinks and picking up the two drinks. But instead of giving the smoothie to the filly immediately, she held it back for a moment, choosing instead to give the mysterious child one of her patented teacher's gazes - Good filly edition: Firm, but smiling.

"Now dear, you want this lovely smoothie don't you? I'll give it to you if you make me a promise; that you'll drink it quickly, and once you're done you go find your mommy before she starts to worry about where you've gone."

"It's not nice to make her worry, so, do you promise?"

Mystic Muse
2013-02-16, 02:34 AM
"Thank you" Quaver replied, hoofing over the bits for the drinks and picking up the two drinks. But instead of giving the smoothie to the filly immediately, she held it back for a moment, choosing instead to give the mysterious child one of her patented teacher's gazes - Good filly edition: Firm, but smiling.

"Now dear, you want this lovely smoothie don't you? I'll give it to you if you make me a promise; that you'll drink it quickly, and once you're done you go find your mommy before she starts to worry about where you've gone."

"It's not nice to make her worry, so, do you promise?"

"Yes'm" The filly says. She gives Quaver puppy dog eyes in regards to the drink.

Benson
2013-02-17, 02:11 AM
Greif's Cafe

Spark looked at the new batch of fritters in anticipation as he first took a moment to enjoy the aroma. And then...he took a large bite that his cheeks puffed out like a chipmunk's. His eyes lit up as he allowed for his tongue to savory the sweet yet slightly tarty flavors. His eyes rolled back in culinary bliss.

He finally swallowed at some point. "Woweee!...That was mighty tasty ma'am!"
-

Cadmium tilted her head at Silk Scarf. "I would have to agree with you, outside of weather manipulation, we pegasi aren't too groovy in regards to magic. So, I do find it quite amazing at what you're able to do."

BlasTech
2013-02-17, 03:34 AM
"Yes'm" The filly says. She gives Quaver puppy dog eyes in regards to the drink.

"Okay" Quaver replied, as she pushed the drink over towards the little filly, smiling all the while. "But remember, it's a promise."

Mystic Muse
2013-02-17, 04:01 AM
"Okay" Quaver replied, as she pushed the drink over towards the little filly, smiling all the while. "But remember, it's a promise."

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." She promises, and even goes through the motions. She then begins drinking her smoothie thingy.

Deme
2013-02-17, 09:47 PM
Cadmium tilted her head at Silk Scarf. "I would have to agree with you, outside of weather manipulation, we pegasi aren't too groovy in regards to magic. So, I do find it quite amazing at what you're able to do."

"There's also slight-of-wing tricks; I've got Top Hat sounds beaten on that one!"
"That's right, that's right! Stage magic is more than mere spellcasting!"

Rebonack
2013-02-17, 10:58 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Aahh...

There it is...

That gratitude for her work. Tart just loves that. The mock-unicorn closes her eyes and smiles, drinking in the feelings of gladness over something as simple as a well-made pastry. This... she likes this.

Being able to trade a meal for a meal certainly helps her to feel like less of a thief. And there's nothing quite like a job well done. Slag the Queen and her crazy pony-replacing schemes. This is the best way to find magic to feed on.

"Glad you liked it, kiddo!" Tart eventually replies with a wide, elated grin. "And glad to know what your favorite style of fritters is."

She glances back and forth furtively before lowering her voice to a playful stage-whisper.

"Now that I know your pastry weakness there will be no stopping me. Bah hahahahaha!"

Lycan 01
2013-02-18, 01:02 AM
[Grief's Cafe]

"Glad you liked it, kiddo!" Tart eventually replies with a wide, elated grin. "And glad to know what your favorite style of fritters is."

She glances back and forth furtively before lowering her voice to a playful stage-whisper.

"Now that I know your pastry weakness there will be no stopping me. Bah hahahahaha!"

Greif swoons dramatically, holding his talons up to his forehead. "Oh heavens! The horror!" he laments in a suitably forlorn fashion.

The normally icy Spin cracks a small smirk of amusement at his antics, despite herself.

Rebonack
2013-02-18, 01:26 AM
[Grief's Cafe]

This honestly couldn't be going much better.

Well... aside from the maybe-pony that had been invading Tart's mind earlier. She could have done without that. But! What's done is done. Make the best of it and all. Other than her? The ponies here seem friendly enough. Her favorite role seems to be accepted. She has a job and a place to stay.

And the ambient weirdness will no doubt keep attention off her.

Maybe.

Hopefully.

Hmm... what to make next... Maybe some chocolate scones?

Benson
2013-02-19, 08:58 AM
"There's also slight-of-wing tricks; I've got Top Hat sounds beaten on that one!"
"That's right, that's right! Stage magic is more than mere spellcasting!"

"Is it now? How is it so? Does it also involve the whole being theatrical and using your skills to enrapture an audience?" The red pegasus asked as she sipped her smoothie.

[Grief's Cafe]

The foal mock gasped. "Curse it all...oh is the woe of woeing woe. You fiend."

Hawkflight
2013-02-19, 09:41 AM
Heartflight, meanwhile, had knocked over her saddlebag by accident. As she was putting things away, she noticed a copy of Nightmare Night #6 was among them. She stared at the cover for a moment, something about it bothering her, but she couldn't figure out what.

"Is it now? How is it so? Does it also involve the whole being theatrical and using your skills to enrapture an audience?" The red pegasus asked as she sipped her smoothie.[/COLOR]

"Well, yeah," Heart said offhandedly (offhoofedly?). "It's as much playacting and showmanship as 'magic', especially for non-unicorns."

Mystic Muse
2013-02-19, 12:52 PM
LePale Night finishes her drink rather quickly and then just...disappears. She doesn't teleport away, since there'd be a magic aura on her horn if she did, and she doesn't walk out...she's just gone.

Deme
2013-02-19, 03:06 PM
Heartflight, meanwhile, had knocked over her saddlebag by accident. As she was putting things away, she noticed a copy of Nightmare Night #6 was among them. She stared at the cover for a moment, something about it bothering her, but she couldn't figure out what.

"Well, yeah," Heart said offhandedly (offhoofedly?). "It's as much playacting and showmanship as 'magic', especially for non-unicorns."

"The technical term is 'misdirection!' It's hard to do a show with real magic; real magic on it's own is commonpla--"

And then the filly vanished. Top Hat and Silk Scarf blinked, then grinned.

"Incredible! Maybe she is a cousin, Top Hat!"
"...Mmmmaybe. I don't think so, but it certainly was amazing! We'll have to work that into the act!"

Hawkflight
2013-02-19, 04:10 PM
Heartflight frowned and put down the comic, glancing about at the others. She took a sip of her milkshake ... and suddenly, the small filly disappeared right before her eyes. She nearly dropped the milkshake and stared.

"Wha-- ... bu-- ... what the heck was that?" she wondered.

Benson
2013-02-20, 01:56 PM
"Well that was.....odd..." Cadmium commented in regards to the filly vanishing. "Maybe she fell into a plot hole? I hear those are common in amateur cooperative writings." Cadmium playfully smirked, her eyes glancing to some unknown viewer. "I jest."

Hawkflight
2013-02-20, 02:20 PM
"Well that was.....odd..." Cadmium commented in regards to the filly vanishing. "Maybe she fell into a plot hole? I hear those are common in amateur cooperative writings." Cadmium playfully smirked, her eyes glancing to some unknown viewer. "I jest."

Heartflight summoned a squirt bottle and squirted Cadmium with it.

"Bad Cadmium. No addressing the audience directly."

Benson
2013-02-20, 02:26 PM
Cadmium closed an eye as she wiped off the water and playfully rolled her eyes. "Audience? I don't even know what you're talking about, I was just making an offhoof comment to you all in here within my approximate vicinity. You're the one referring to these phantoms." She cheekily said.

Lycan 01
2013-02-20, 08:04 PM
Greif just pretends the disappearing filly thing never happened. He's been through enough today.

"So, anypony need anything else?" he asks the nearby customers with a charming smile.

Deme
2013-02-20, 08:21 PM
"I've never met a wall I canb't smash through!"
"Walls just enclose your mind!"

They were fine, and informed the owner as such.

"Anyway, how's this for inspiration?"
They turned back to their companions to ask. It was, after all, getting kind of late. And they'd seen a ghost or maybe a distant cousin of Top Hat's or a ghost who was a cousin.

Hawkflight
2013-02-20, 08:24 PM
"I'm good," said Heart, finishing off her milkshake. She packed the comic book back into her saddlebag.

BlasTech
2013-02-20, 08:44 PM
"Quite" replied Quaver, sipping her tea. She'd been so absorbed in enjoying her drink that she hadn't noticed the tiny filly's literal vanishing act, instead attributing the comments by those around her to simple adult obliviousness to children and their sneaky ways.

Benson
2013-02-22, 11:43 AM
Greif just pretends the disappearing filly thing never happened. He's been through enough today.

"So, anypony need anything else?" he asks the nearby customers with a charming smile.

"No siree...oh....actually..maybe one of those fritters to go?" She asked and took one final sip of her smoothie leaving it empty.

"I've never met a wall I canb't smash through!"
"Walls just enclose your mind!"

They were fine, and informed the owner as such.

"Anyway, how's this for inspiration?"
They turned back to their companions to ask. It was, after all, getting kind of late. And they'd seen a ghost or maybe a distant cousin of Top Hat's or a ghost who was a cousin.

"Mmmm......I don't think I've really found that inspiration...but I did find interesting and fun memories with new friends to file away, I still took away something from this." She smiled at the pair.

Deme
2013-02-22, 05:21 PM
"We'll have to look for some some more tommorow!"
"Absolutely! Maybe Heartflight can come, too!"
"It's good to get inspired when your young!"

Declared the two vagrant showponies with smiles.

BlasTech
2013-02-22, 05:39 PM

"Perhaps. Sadly, I do not think that inspiration is something we are going to find today." replied Quaver, as she finished her cup of tea.

Hawkflight
2013-02-22, 05:58 PM

Heartflight opened her mouth to correct them on that last point, but was interrupted by Quaver replying first.

"Perhaps. Sadly, I do not think that inspiration is something we are going to find today." replied Quaver, as she finished her cup of tea.

"....Maybe," said Heart, deciding that the moment had passed. "I've got stuff though. Studying and all." This was true, both studying for school and figuring out just what it was that was bothering her about that comic.

Lycan 01
2013-02-23, 02:57 AM
"No siree...oh....actually..maybe one of those fritters to go?" She asked and took one final sip of her smoothie leaving it empty.

Spin uses her telekinetic magic to take a fritter from the display stand, bag it, and pass it over to the mare.

Greif, meanwhile, looks out one of the storefront windows. "Hm. Getting to be about evening." His beak curls into a grin. "Time to fire up the fryers and grill."

Greif hops behind the counter, and begins to fiddle about in the kitchen area. "Alright folks!" he loudly addresses the customers, "A neat thing about my store is that we're more than just a cafe. During the evening hours, we also provide hay fries, onion rings, grilled sandwiches, and other items you ponies may call 'pub food.' We also have a nice selection of apple ciders to pick from!" he exclaims. "So who's hungry?"

Spin dutifully pulls a stack of menus from under the counter and magically passes them around.

Benson
2013-02-24, 04:08 PM
Caddy thanks Spin and takes a small bite, enjoying the warmth. In regards to dinner and stuff, she turns to Quaver, Top Hand, Silk Scarf and Heartflight if she's still hanging out here.

"Any of you lot hungry? My treat."

Hawkflight
2013-02-24, 04:45 PM
Caddy thanks Spin and takes a small bite, enjoying the warmth. In regards to dinner and stuff, she turns to Quaver, Top Hand, Silk Scarf and Heartflight if she's still hanging out here.

"Oh, sure," said Heart. She would proceed to order a particularly large amount of food. (Hey, she's a growing unicorn. :smalltongue:)

(We can skip to the next day now, IMO.)

Deme
2013-02-24, 04:50 PM
"Let's do this!"
"If Cadmium's treating, we'll eat all night!"

They waved their hooves in the air.

((Yeah, that's fine.))

Benson
2013-02-24, 04:52 PM
"So you know...you overextended my treat-zone for you," Cadmium commented as she listened to Heart give such a large order. "Don't abuse my kindness por favor senorita pequeña."

And then Top Hat's proclamation made her wince. She oh vey'd.

BlasTech
2013-02-24, 04:53 PM

Quaver choked on her tea, barely managing to swallow it before something distinctly un-ladylike happened.

"Gmmph! Um ... I ... well." She began, as she attempted to regain her composure. "While I'd be happy to join the group for dinner, and I thank you for the offer, I couldn't accept you paying for my meal."

Hawkflight
2013-02-24, 04:56 PM
"So you know...you overextended my treat-zone for you," Cadmium commented as she listened to Heart give such a large order. "Don't abuse my kindness por favor senorita pequeña."

And then Top Hat's proclamation made her wince. She oh vey'd.

"....Oh, right," said Heart. "Um, I can split the bill. I do have a monthly stipend."

Lycan 01
2013-02-24, 05:10 PM
Greif's Cafe

Greif grins at all the customers looking for a meal. "Alright, let's get this party started!"

"Tart, you're on the grill. Veggie burgers and tofu dogs, and a side of vegetarian chili. Spinner, babe, I need you to cover drinks. Blitz, take orders and ensure customer satisfaction. I myself will cover the fries," he explains with commanding authority and a crooked smirk. "Move out!"

The griffin pulls a sack of potatoes out from under one of the counters. He impales a potato on one of his left talons, then begins to slice it with his right claws. In a matter of seconds, the potato is peeled and sliced into perfect little french fries. The process is repeated several times, until he has a large pile of french fries in a bowl. He then dumps the mountain of munchies into the fryer. "Fries will be done in a sec," he tells the customers with his usual grin. "Anypony up for some chili cheese fries?"

Mystic Muse
2013-02-24, 05:23 PM
A small hoof raises up. Okay, where did this foal come from? Regardless, she pays for the chili cheese fries.

Benson
2013-02-25, 06:32 PM
"Oooh oooh! Me...I'll have chili cheese fries.....are they like chili cheese hayfries?" Spark inquired as he watched the McCool griffon go about their work.

Deme
2013-02-25, 11:30 PM
"Absolutely!"
"We can be cheesy enough for a night's supply of fries!"

Truer words were never spoken.

BlasTech
2013-02-26, 03:42 AM
Quaver, true to her word, bought her own meal and ate it alongside the others. She might sneak a chilli fry if offered, and would likely offer something from her own dish in return.

Otherwise, she just tried to passively enjoy the company.

(Happy to end the day whenever you guys are)

Rebonack
2013-02-26, 03:57 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Tart gives a quick salute!

"On it, boss!"

To the grill!

Since there are no doubt background ponies who need some eats we can assume Tart will be cooking for them unless given an order to the contrary. A sharp eye might note that she is carefully excluding metal parts of her spatula of choice from her telekinetic grip. Huh, wonder why?

"They're potato fries instead of hay fries. They call 'em chips over in Trottingham," Tart explains. "Flavor is pretty different, tend to be softer than hay fries unless you really roast 'em in the oil."

She flashes a grin at the colt. "Give 'em a shot, ace! Trying something new is an adventure!"

Benson
2013-02-27, 05:32 PM
Spark sniffed the platter of potato fries and clumsily reached over for the ketchup bottle on the counter and squirted some on his plate with both his hooves. Squirt. He chuckled at the farting noise from the bottle.

Anyways, the orange colt then picked up some fries with his mouth, dipped them in the ketchup, tilted his head up and gobbled them down with boyish vigor. Ketchup and chilli cheese on fries. Yep. He's a colt, its what he'll do.

"Mmmm.....yummy."

Lycan 01
2013-02-28, 04:30 PM
Greif's Cafe

And so, Greif, Tart, and the rest of the cafe crew made sure that everypony was fed and satisfied, before closing up shop. Greif told Blitz and Spin to head on home, so that he and Tart could clean up the cafe and have a nice chat.

End Pony Day

======================

The Next Day

Snickers' Bakery

The sign on the door says closed. (Snickers will be out of action {and likely hungover} until the Time Bubble stuff is wrapped up, since that's kinda important.)

---
Greif's Cafe

The cafe opens early in the morning, shortly after dawn. In fact, there's a sign on the door that says "10% Breakfast Deal!" Neat.

Orzel
2013-03-01, 01:45 PM
---
Greif's Cafe

The cafe opens early in the morning, shortly after dawn. In fact, there's a sign on the door that says "10% Breakfast Deal!" Neat.

A purple mare knocked on the door and slowly punched it open. "10% Breakfast. Does that mean 10% off the price of the breakfast or you are only selling 10% of the meal?"

Lycan 01
2013-03-10, 09:00 PM
Greif's Cafe

Greif is behind the counter when Purple enters, wiping down the bartop to ensure it's nice and shiny. "Good morning, Miss Purple!" he cheerfully greets her. "How are you do- wait what?" he blinks.

The griffon then frowns. "Did I really mess up the sign? Ugh. I'd better fix it before-"

Spin Top steps in through the front door, carefully navigating around Purple with a quick spin on her hooves. After pirouetting into the bar with a great deal of poise, the waitress resumes her relaxed posture... and narrows her eyes at Greif. "Did you seriously screw up the sign?"

Greif sheepishly rubs the back of his head. "Eheh. Good morning Spin."

Orzel
2013-03-11, 04:46 AM
Greif's Cafe

Greif is behind the counter when Purple enters, wiping down the bartop to ensure it's nice and shiny. "Good morning, Miss Purple!" he cheerfully greets her. "How are you do- wait what?" he blinks.

The griffon then frowns. "Did I really mess up the sign? Ugh. I'd better fix it before-"

Spin Top steps in through the front door, carefully navigating around Purple with a quick spin on her hooves. After pirouetting into the bar with a great deal of poise, the waitress resumes her relaxed posture... and narrows her eyes at Greif. "Did you seriously screw up the sign?"

Greif sheepishly rubs the back of his head. "Eheh. Good morning Spin."

""So can I order 10% of 10 items? That'll give me 110% of a meal. asked Purple as she trotted to the counter.

AnimeKid
2013-03-11, 05:30 AM
(OOC:Sorry bout being gone so long midterms were coming up so I had to cut some of my board time for studying. Especially since I have bad note taking skills.)
Next Day, Grief's Cafe

Blitz comes into work the next day with Falco perched atop his mane. He had gotten plenty of sleep on his little cloud. Looking at Grief he says, "Heya boss. Pretty wild grillin' yesterday. Also did I read that sign out there about 10% Breakfast Deal right? I mean, who would want only 10% of breakfast. Unless you meant 10% off Breakfast Deals."

Rebonack
2013-03-12, 11:27 AM
[Grief's Cafe]

Y'know what's awesome?

Breakfast pastries.

That's what's awesome.

And Tart has a whole platter of the things freshly baked and waiting for anypony who has an itch for good food.

In unrelated news the totally-a-unicorn seems rather amused by Grief's current sign-based predicament. "Hehe... Sounds alright to me, boss. Though fixing a tenth of an egg might be a bit hard. What should I do with the other 90% of it?"

Lycan 01
2013-03-12, 11:38 AM
Cafe

Greif facepalms. "It's supposed to be 10% off. I guess I was distracted while painting the sign."

Spin gives Greif a flat stare... and then turns to give that same flat stare to Tart. "Distracted, huh?" she deadpans to no one in particular.

Greif groans, and facepalms again. "Not like thaaaat."

Spin doesn't seem convinced.

Rebonack
2013-03-12, 11:46 AM
[Grief's Cafe]

At the mention of 'distracted' Tart flashes the griffin a quick wink.

Why?

To make the situation all the more amusing! It'll probably get silly in a hurry. And of course they can always explain it was all in fun later. But for now the confusion will be well worth it.

Pony emotions are so fun to play with!

With that caper well underway Tart returns to getting Purple's fractionally precise breakfast ready! Once the meal is done she'll hoof it off to Blitz for delivery.

Orzel
2013-03-16, 01:25 AM
Purple adjusted her seat at the bar. The aroma of the food was intoxicating. "It's great to have an eatery open here before noon."

Lycan 01
2013-03-16, 02:11 PM
Greif's Cafe

Greif looks mortified when Tart winks at him. He then promptly looks terrified when Spin turns to glare harshly at him. "Wait, it's not-"

And then Purple comments on the business hours! Yay for distractions!

The griffon spins around to grin suavely at Purple. "Really? I'm the only one who serves breakfast? Interesting. Glad I could be of service, at least. So what did you want for breakfast this morning, Miss Purple?"

"Don't you have a sign to fix?" Spin deadpans.

Greif turns back to her with a smile, before turning to Blitz. "I have a job for you, Blitz. Would you kindly fix the sign, or make me a new one?" he politely asks.

Spin rolls her eyes. "Lazy."

AnimeKid
2013-03-18, 12:51 AM
Grief's Cafe

Blitz brings up his hoof sharply in a salute to his as of yesterday boss. "You got it bossman. I'll have that sign fixed up quick, fast, and in a hurry or my name isn't Blitz Slipstream, The Blue Blur."

True to his words Blitz turns immediately the sign and makes a motion, pointing with his hoof at his eyes and then at the sign. He then speeds inside the shop to grab the tools needed for the job. He then comes back out and with his game face on, take on his namesake and becomes a blue blur of speed and construction. He would be finished in no time!

Orzel
2013-03-18, 10:36 AM
Purple strokes her chin. "Let's see. A tenth of a pancake, a tenth of an egg, a tenth of a slice of toast , a tenth of five different muffins, and a tenth of each of a cup of coffee and cappuccino."

Benson
2013-03-25, 05:02 PM
Grills' Apartment-The morning that Gwyn and Grills send Garion off to go the Chasers for that beachtime funtime

The plum mare stirred in her sleep and woke up with a small yawn. She opened her eyes seeing she was on the couch with Grills underneath. She sleepily smiled and rubbed her cheek against his chest taking in more warmth from her living heater. She laid there for a while on him looking at his features.

Orzel
2013-03-25, 06:47 PM
Grills' Apartment-The morning that Gwyn and Grills send Garion off to go the Chasers for that beachtime funtime

The plum mare stirred in her sleep and woke up with a small yawn. She opened her eyes seeing she was on the couch with Grills underneath. She sleepily smiled and rubbed her cheek against his chest taking in more warmth from her living heater. She laid there for a while on him looking at his features.

Eventually Grills woke up. It was hunger. He was a chef and a stallion so food was a priority despite the comfort of a soft female coat atop him. "Good morning, sugarplum. What do you want for breakfast?"

Benson
2013-03-26, 01:02 AM
Eventually Grills woke up. It was hunger. He was a chef and a stallion so food was a priority despite the comfort of a soft female coat atop him. "Good morning, sugarplum. What do you want for breakfast?"

Gwyn looked at the blurry face of her beau and smiled. "Well first off maybe a little kiss." She softly purred and pressed her mouth against his and briefly kissed him. "Though I suppose some toast with cream cheese, maybe a tofu and egg omelet would be more filling."

Orzel
2013-03-26, 04:13 AM
Gwyn looked at the blurry face of her beau and smiled. "Well first off maybe a little kiss." She softly purred and pressed her mouth against his and briefly kissed him. "Though I suppose some toast with cream cheese, maybe a tofu and egg omelet would be more filling."

Grills stretched and gave Gwynfillion a four leg embrace fir a moment. He sneaked a nuzzle or three in there. "Mmmm. I'll go start. Are you going to wake Garion?" He said as he rolled to let Gwyn alone on the couch and himself standing on the floor. He had that "creating a recipe" face on.

Benson
2013-03-26, 07:52 AM
Grills stretched and gave Gwynfillion a four leg embrace fir a moment. He sneaked a nuzzle or three in there. "Mmmm. I'll go start. Are you going to wake Garion?" He said as he rolled to let Gwyn alone on the couch and himself standing on the floor. He had that "creating a recipe" face on.

She was of course disappointed that her heating pad removed himself from her. She gave him another small smile and nodded her head with a small yawn. "Yea sure I'll go wake up the colt."

Orzel
2013-03-26, 12:27 PM
She was of course disappointed that her heating pad removed himself from her. She gave him another small smile and nodded her head with a small yawn. "Yea sure I'll go wake up the colt."

Grills replied with a larger smile before hurrying off to the bathroom to Baruch his teeth. Once cleansed, he was off to the kitchen to toast bread. The scent of golden bread would soon fill the air and the aroma of melted butter would follow.

Benson
2013-03-26, 05:48 PM
Grills replied with a larger smile before hurrying off to the bathroom to brushed his teeth. Once cleansed, he was off to the kitchen to toast bread. The scent of golden bread would soon fill the air and the aroma of melted butter would follow.

The air smelled pleasant which put Gwyn in further good moods. She trotted over yonder to Grills' bedroom where little Garion was sleeping. She smiled seeing the little lump under the bed sheets and trotted over to the bed. She propped her forelegs on the bed and called to the little foal.

"Garion....Garion, time to wake up," She said to him.

Rebonack
2013-03-26, 05:57 PM
[Grief's Cafe]

Tart makes a snerking sound when the colt goes zooming off at full speed. Near as she can tell 'full speed' is the only setting he has. She's met a few ponies like that over the years. They tend to be pretty amusing assuming you can weather the mental strain of putting up with the hyperactivity.

"He's got a title already? Going to guess that's self-assigned," Tart comments to nopony in particular as she gets to work on the fractional breakfast. As one might expect she gets it done in a fraction of the time!

What a surprise, right?

"You want me to serve this on a tenth of a plate?" she asks of Purple with half a grin creeping up the side of her face. "Or will a normal one do?"

TheAmishPirate
2013-03-26, 08:34 PM
The air smelled pleasant which put Gwyn in further good moods. She trotted over yonder to Grills' bedroom where little Garion was sleeping. She smiled seeing the little lump under the bed sheets and trotted over to the bed. She propped her forelegs on the bed and called to the little foal.

"Garion....Garion, time to wake up," She said to him.

The little lump of a pony yawned, then nestled itself all warm and snugly under the sheets. "Mmmm...fi mo mints..." Garion mumbled in a dreamish haze.

Benson
2013-03-27, 02:31 AM
The little lump of a pony yawned, then nestled itself all warm and snugly under the sheets. "Mmmm...fi mo mints..." Garion mumbled in a dreamish haze.

Garion would soon find himself with company on the bed. Gwynfillion snuggled the little colt lump against her chest and nuzzled his head through the blankets. "I know what you mean....I myself like to sleep in 'til the afternoon, but we should have breakfast with Mister Grills, he would like that."

TheAmishPirate
2013-03-28, 09:09 AM
Garion would soon find himself with company on the bed. Gwynfillion snuggled the little colt lump against her chest and nuzzled his head through the blankets. "I know what you mean....I myself like to sleep in 'til the afternoon, but we should have breakfast with Mister Grills, he would like that."

Snuggles. Scientifically proven to be one of the most gentle wake-up calls known to ponykind.

With many a loving nuzzle and warm hug, Miss Gwyn coaxed the sleepy colt from his deep slumber. Slowly but surely, he wiggled free of the blankets to get closer to that soft coat he was so fond of, and before long little Garion had nestled himself squarely in her embrace. "Good Morning Miss Gwyn," he mumbled as he nuzzled her chest. "Did you say something about breakfast? Breakfast's a favorite." His ears perked up eagerly, though his hopeful eyes were still half-lidded with sleep.

Benson
2013-03-28, 09:26 AM
Snuggles. Scientifically proven to be one of the most gentle wake-up calls known to ponykind.

With many a loving nuzzle and warm hug, Miss Gwyn coaxed the sleepy colt from his deep slumber. Slowly but surely, he wiggled free of the blankets to get closer to that soft coat he was so fond of, and before long little Garion had nestled himself squarely in her embrace. "Good Morning Miss Gwyn," he mumbled as he nuzzled her chest. "Did you say something about breakfast? Breakfast's a favorite." His ears perked up eagerly, though his hopeful eyes were still half-lidded with sleep.

She smiled at the colt and nuzzled his sleepy little head. "Yep, breakfast, we should probably go join Grills."

TheAmishPirate
2013-03-28, 09:40 AM
She smiled at the colt and nuzzled his sleepy little head. "Yep, breakfast, we should probably go join Grills."

And so, after a good few yawns and post-snooze stretches, Garion reluctantly left Miss Gwyn's snuggly embrace and plopped his hooves on the floor. He'd follow her to the kitchen, staying close and cozy by her side.

Benson
2013-03-28, 03:31 PM
And so the two made their way side by side back to the kitchen to where Grills would be.

"Got the little sleepy head up, how goes breakfast dear?" She asked Grills.

Orzel
2013-03-28, 05:53 PM
And so the two made their way side by side back to the kitchen to where Grills would be.

"Got the little sleepy head up, how goes breakfast dear?" She asked Grills.

The unicorn floated a full sliced loaf of toast onto the table. And the butter followed. The eggs were telepathetically flipped with tofu and peppers in a flying pan between his breaths of fire. "Morning, Gairion. I have the toast ready and the butter is nice and soft. And the eggs will be done in a section."

TheAmishPirate
2013-03-28, 07:52 PM
Garion yawned again, before giving Mister Grills a shaky bow. "G'morning, Mister Grills." The colt then scrabbled up onto his chair and assumed the Proper Gentlecolt Eating Posture. Or at least, the closest he could manage at this time of the morning.

His stomach gave a rumble three sizes too large for his little belly.

(Psst. Don't forget Grills in the Time Bubble :P)

Lycan 01
2013-03-28, 08:20 PM
Greif's Cafe

Greif smiles in bemusement as Tart starts putting Purple's order together. "No blueberry dishes this morning? Color me surprised. Still, I'm sure Tart here will produce a meal that is more than to your liking," the cafe owner boasts.

Benson
2013-03-29, 12:03 PM
The unicorn floated a full sliced loaf of toast onto the table. And the butter followed. The eggs were telepathetically flipped with tofu and peppers in a flying pan between his breaths of fire. "Morning, Garion. I have the toast ready and the butter is nice and soft. And the eggs will be done in a second."

Garion yawned again, before giving Mister Grills a shaky bow. "G'morning, Mister Grills." The colt then scrabbled up onto his chair and assumed the Proper Gentlecolt Eating Posture. Or at least, the closest he could manage at this time of the morning.

His stomach gave a rumble three sizes too large for his little belly.

Gwynfillion sniffed the air and then took her seat. "Smells pleasant Grills." She said readjusting her silverware to how she liked it.

Orzel
2013-03-29, 12:20 PM
Purple

"One plate'll do. I sympathize with dishwashers." Answers Purple to Tart. Dishwashing was a chore she was often stuck with at home. And Grills made her do it at work when she annoyed him too much. Same with Red. Mean older brother stuff. "No blueberries today.Can't eat them every morning."

Grills

The ommettes came out soon after his guest sat and readied their dishes. The master chef even placed the food down with a silver platter Before serving.
"I added veggies as tofu has no taste and Garion is a growing colt. Extra for Garion as his tummy sound like a volcano. Hehe."

Garion recieved spinach diced into little bits and tiny tomato cubes in his very soft omolette Gwynfillion's was more plain with more seasoning and herbal spices for flavor. Grills gave himself more vegatables than eggs almost with his extra hard cooking. "is your food too runny, sugarplum. I can blow it a bit harder. "

Benson
2013-03-29, 03:24 PM
Grills

The omelets came out soon after his guest sat and readied their dishes. The master chef even placed the food down with a silver platter Before serving.
"I added veggies as tofu has no taste and Garion is a growing colt. Extra for Garion as his tummy sound like a volcano. Hehe."

Garion received spinach diced into little bits and tiny tomato cubes in his very soft omolette Gwynfillion's was more plain with more seasoning and herbal spices for flavor. Grills gave himself more vegetables than eggs almost with his extra hard cooking. "is your food too runny, sugarplum. I can blow it a bit harder. "

"No, its fine sweetie," She said, though she hadn't actually took a bite yet. She stood up and looked at her two boys. "What would you two like to drink?" She asked them.

TheAmishPirate
2013-03-29, 04:10 PM
"No, its fine sweetie," She said, though she hadn't actually took a bite yet. She stood up and looked at her two boys. "What would you two like to drink?" She asked them.

Garion froze; this was a serious conundrum.

Not for choice of beverage, mind you. The obvious choice was apple juice. But no, in his haste to fill his rumbly belly, he'd taken a big bite of fluffy omlette, and a gentlecolt always chewed his food at least twenty times before swallowing. But a gentlecolt also never kept a Lady waiting, and Miss Gwyn's question required immediate attention. However, a gentlecolt also never talked with his mouth full! Swallow early, be rude to Miss Gwyn, or open wide? Ack!

In a last-ditch effort of manners, Garion attempted to pantomime apple juice, which generally looked like leg-flailing.

Orzel
2013-03-29, 05:53 PM

17.. 18..18..20.. Swallow.

Grills back out of his seat before answering. He could not let somepony other than him serve drinks. This was his meal to prepare. What if Gwyn choose a poor match for her breakfast? He could not have that.

"No Gwynfillion. You eat and I'll get you a drink." stated the stallion.

Garion froze; this was a serious conundrum.

Not for choice of beverage, mind you. The obvious choice was apple juice. But no, in his haste to fill his rumbly belly, he'd taken a big bite of fluffy omlette, and a gentlecolt always chewed his food at least twenty times before swallowing. But a gentlecolt also never kept a Lady waiting, and Miss Gwyn's question required immediate attention. However, a gentlecolt also never talked with his mouth full! Swallow early, be rude to Miss Gwyn, or open wide? Ack!

In a last-ditch effort of manners, Garion attempted to pantomime apple juice, which generally looked like leg-flailing.

Grills was throughly confused by the colt's movements. "Are you okay, Garion? Are you choking? Do you need to be excused to use the restroom?"

Benson
2013-03-29, 10:28 PM
"Its fine Grills....you should just relax after cooking us this meal, its the least I can do," Gwynfillion said calmly yet looked at Grills sternly. Then she looked at Garion and looked at him strangely.

"Are you alright Garion?" She asked the foal.

TheAmishPirate
2013-03-29, 10:52 PM
Poor Garion. His tiny jaws could only chew so fast, and twenty seemed so far away...

He shook his head emphatically and, spying a bowl of fruit in the kitchen, tried to point to the apple. But again, his motions may just come across as wild gesturing. :smalltongue:

Orzel
2013-03-30, 01:26 AM
"Its fine Grills....you should just relax after cooking us this meal, its the least I can do," Gwynfillion said calmly yet looked at Grills sternly. Then she looked at Garion and looked at him strangely.

"Are you alright Garion?" She asked the foal.

Poor Garion. His tiny jaws could only chew so fast, and twenty seemed so far away...

He shook his head emphatically and, spying a bowl of fruit in the kitchen, tried to point to the apple. But again, his motions may just come across as wild gesturing. :smalltongue:

"No no. I'll get the juice. Take care of Garion. Apple juice good?" Grills stood firmly and attempted to beat his mare to the kitchen.

Benson
2013-03-30, 03:26 PM
"No no. I'll get the juice. Take care of Garion. Apple juice good?" Grills stood firmly and attempted to beat his mare to the kitchen.

Gwynfillion sighed and bit and sat down. "Fine, apple juice is fine."

She looked at the colt weirdly. "Garion, just swallow your food and then speak."

TheAmishPirate
2013-03-30, 07:05 PM

She looked at the colt weirdly. "Garion, just swallow your food and then speak."

Garion looked ever more nervous, trying so hard to chew his food enough-

The colt immediately brightened up at the words 'Apple Juice' and pointed to Mister Grills with a frantic nod. Now if only they could understand his gestures this time...

Orzel
2013-03-30, 08:31 PM

""Aplle juice for everyone. Fresh pressed from Appleloosa." Grills went into the kitchen to pour three glasses.

Garion looked ever more nervous, trying so hard to chew his food enough-

The colt immediately brightened up at the words 'Apple Juice' and pointed to Mister Grills with a frantic nod. Now if only they could understand his gestures this time...

Grills returned and distributed the drinks. "As it is important to chew your food, when a gentlecolt must speak he swallows and does so."

Benson
2013-03-30, 11:17 PM
"Indeed, flailing around is very ungentlecolt like," She said in that sort of teacher-ish factual way. She lifted the glass of juice with her magic and lightly swirled it around.

TheAmishPirate
2013-04-03, 09:07 PM
Garion winced in evident frustration, and swallowed his food with a gulp. "Why didn't anypony tell me that rule earlier?" he bemoaned, only to perk up a moment later when his apple juice came. The colt happily sipped at it. "I was saying that I wanted apple juice, but nopony speaks Hoof-ese."

Orzel
2013-04-03, 10:51 PM
Garion winced in evident frustration, and swallowed his food with a gulp. "Why didn't anypony tell me that rule earlier?" he bemoaned, only to perk up a moment later when his apple juice came. The colt happily sipped at it. "I was saying that I wanted apple juice, but nopony speaks Hoof-ese."

"I can't tell you everything. Sometimes you just have to know." Grills stated with his eyes staring into his juice.