PDA

View Full Version : [3.5ed] Feats and non-magic alchemy questions,

Foolster41
2013-02-08, 02:39 AM
(Though these are for a spellslinger campaign, I think these questions should be answerable by people who know 3.5 but are unfamiliar with spellslinger, so feel free to give feedback even if you don't know spellslinger.)

I'm planning on running a spellslinger (wild west with guns) 3.5ed campaign soon, and I'm working on some feat ideas to give more character options for players and my NPCs (there are only 3 very linear classes in spellslinger besides the 1st level only "brands"). I'm also adapting feats from all the official books (well ones that work).

All feats unless otherwise marked are my own creation (though taking inspiration from other sources)

Lasting Sight Check [General]
Prerequisite: Build/Repair (firearms) 5 ranks.
Check the sights action (DC 15 craft check and use 1D4 bullets) now grants the bonus for the next 3 shots instead of 1.
Note: is 5 ranks too low?

Master sight Check [General]
Prerequisite: Build/Repair (firearms) 5 ranks
When you succed on a check the sights action, for every 5 you succeed by over 15, you grant an additional +1 bonus to attack rolls (maximum +5 at 40).

NOTE: Changed to be more about how you succeed over, than increasing the DC.

Daunting Presence [General, Fighter]
Prereq: Charisma or Strength 13, Base Attack Bonus +1
You may take a Standard Action to ‘Awe’ an opponent with 30’, who can see you, and who has an Intelligence score. If the opponent fails a Will saving throw (DC 10 + ˝ your character level + your Strength or Charisma modifier) it is Shaken for 10 minutes. This fear has no effect on a creature that is already Shaken
Note: This is actually from Libris Mortis. 10 min seems long, but that's the way the original was written. Is this broken and should be rounds equal to level instead? (Intimidate in spellslinger is instead of cha based is Cha or Str based, player's choice).

Improved Daunting Presence
Prerequisite: Daunting Presence
Increase DC of Daunting presence by 1. This feat may be taken multiple times.
Note: a way for players to up their prescence at the cost of a feat. Is a +1 bonus too low for using a feat?

Dazzling Presence
Prerequisite: Daunting Presence
You may take a Standard Action to ‘Awe’ an opponent with 30’, who can see you, and who has an Intelligence score. If the opponent fails a Will saving throw (DC 10 + ˝ your character level + your Strength or Charisma modifier) it is Dazed for 1 round. This fear has no effect on a creature that is already Dazed. A creature that is shaken that becomes dazed from this effect is no longer shaken.
Note: Taking some inspiration from the charismatic hero from D20 modern. Again, fair? Higher requirements? Is that bit about no longer being shaken not needed?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

edit: added a complete warrior feat I don't understand. Edit 2: Wording was wrong in this listing. Looking in CW it says you just ignore the penalty.