PDA

View Full Version : Monk/Artificer Mix, Anyone?

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-02-09, 09:41 AM
So, had an idea for an unarmed melee class that might actually work - wanted to see if anyone had already done this.

Basically, you start with a slightly-fixed version of a monk - full BAB, real HP, etc, and then you give it a variation on those Artificer spells that bestow temporary weapon or armor enchantments. However, you limit them to enchanting only their own fists and/or skin.

Since there are so many different enchantments, this would give the class a solid amount of versatility- they could enchant themselves to specialize against certain types of enemies, or even certain utility/stealth tasks.

Anyone seen this, and if not, think it'd work?

Grod_The_Giant
2013-02-09, 12:38 PM
Hmm. An interesting idea, and yeah, I can see it working, at least to a dress. But isn't it sort of a more limited version of Incarnum?

(Not to be derogatory; I've never read Magic of Incarnum, so I know only what I've seen people mention online)

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-02-09, 02:38 PM
Hmm. An interesting idea, and yeah, I can see it working, at least to a dress. But isn't it sort of a more limited version of Incarnum?

(Not to be derogatory; I've never read Magic of Incarnum, so I know only what I've seen people mention online)

No derogation felt, as I've never read Incarnum either, and have no idea what it includes.

But, I do remember having some fun as a melee-built Artificer, and flavor-wise, it seems to work with the monk- supernatural control over their own body, etc.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-02-09, 02:51 PM
Cool. I'd go for it and see how it turns out.