PDA

View Full Version : Which alignment or alignments based on the Alignment System are you and which am i?

bbgenderless100
2013-02-11, 06:56 PM
The alignments i think i'm are: Chaotic Neutral,True Neutral,Neutral Good and either Chaotic Evil or
Neutral Evil.

I don't really trust anyone or anything at all because they all tend to oppress my freedom to do whatever i want to do which is what i long for and really only care about despite seeming like i don't. I also can be really lazy when it comes to everything and anything. I believe that good and bad are subjective as what one person views as good another will view as bad etc. For example: I slept with my good friend who is dating someone at the moment
some will consider me evil because of this or Neutral, however he offered to do it with me when i brought it up in a conversation one night and then he changed his mind while doing it with me so i stopped due to him changing his mind. I was so enjoying it until he stopped and since then i've been upset with him. So
because i sensed that he was gonna kill the enjoyment for me somehow, afterwards and still am irritated that he backed out. I also have gone and sold a christmas present after being told not to for money, because i was craving Popcorn at the time. I also for the longest time made it out to look like i forgave my mom but really i went over to her place with her current lover to eat and so she can't say that i don't see her at all.
I will always respect her for bringing me into this world but don't trust her.

I also believe that people should be free to do whatever they want, however whatever they end up doing with that freedom is on them to deal with not me.

I don't use violence but don't consider myself a pacifist because if i could find a way to use it with my lack of upper body strength i would.

I also don't like being told no but tend to swallow my feelings about the issue and pretend like i don't.

Edit:Which alignment or alignments do you think you are? and which of them is this OP?

Will be interesting to see the responses.

A Tad Insane
2013-02-11, 07:03 PM
I would say you're mostly chaotic neutral. If you neither try to be good or evil, that generally means you're neutral. Whether you're chaotic or not depends on how much or little you care about the law, and it sounds like you don't care.

P.s. meant to say I was true good or neutral good.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-11, 07:08 PM
True neutral
I'm a nice person, but I like to be good in my own way. It doesn't matter to me if what I perceive as right is what the law dictates.
Don't believe i've heard True Neutral described like this before, huh!

hmmm, if you really are nice, then guess the OP Insane.:smallbiggrin:

Thajocoth
2013-02-11, 07:09 PM
Based on your description there, I'd say you're "Chaotic Neutral". You're not hurting anyone, nor do you seem to want to, so no Evil, and you value freedom very highly above law.

-----

For my alignment, it depends on a few factors:

- Actions only vs thoughts & actions
- D&D morality system vs my morals
- Lawful referring to following the laws or to following any strict guideline or following traditions

Actions, D&D, Laws: True Neutral
Actions, D&D, Guidelines: Lawful Neutral
Actions, D&D, Traditions: Chaotic Neutral
Actions, My morals, Laws: Neutral Good
Actions, My morals, Guidelines: Lawful Good
Actions, My morals, Traditions: Chaotic Good
Thoughts, D&D, Laws: Chaotic Evil
Thoughts, D&D, Guidelines: Lawful Evil
Thoughts, D&D, Traditions: Chaotic Evil
Thoughts, My morals, Laws: Chaotic Good
Thoughts, My morals, Guidelines: Lawful Good
Thoughts, My morals, Traditions: Chaotic Good

So I can be any of 8 alignments easily... Just not Neutral Evil, as my thoughts are too polarizing on the Law-Chaos scale.

Explanation:

I want to do things that I feel are Neutral or Good that many others would see as Evil. They are illegal, so I don't, hence the Actions/Thoughts divide.

I follow the law well enough to avoid repercussions, but disagree with a lot of it. Honestly, the most this results in "actions"-wise is a little bit of speeding. This effects the "thoughts" results far more. I do not, however, stray from my own personal guidelines. For example: I won't lie. This is source of the Laws/Guidelines split. I also have no love of tradition. Tradition is irrelevant to me, in the way of progress. It's something to oppose.

Lastly, my morals simply do not match up with the morality of the average Good-aligned D&D character, so on the Good-Evil axis, it depends who's morals are being referenced.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-11, 07:11 PM
This depends on a few factors:

- Actions only vs thoughts & actions
- D&D morality system vs my morals
- Lawful referring to following the laws or to following any strict guideline

Actions, D&D, Laws: True Neutral
Actions, D&D, Guidelines: Lawful Neutral
Actions, My morals, Laws: Neutral Good
Actions, My morals, Guidelines: Lawful Good
Thoughts, D&D, Laws: Chaotic Evil
Thoughts, D&D, Guidelines: Lawful Evil
Thoughts, My morals, Laws: Chaotic Good
Thoughts, My morals, Guidelines: Lawful Good

Is that so? which one of those fits the OP? if any? :smallsmile:

Thajocoth
2013-02-11, 07:16 PM
Is that so? which one of those fits the OP? if any? :smallsmile:

I take time to edit posts often after posting them. Haven't gotten there yet.

EDIT: I think I'm done. To answer your question there:

Based on your description there, I'd say you're "Chaotic Neutral". You're not hurting anyone, nor do you seem to want to, so no Evil, and you value freedom very highly above law.

Scow2
2013-02-11, 07:18 PM
Lawful Neutral. I'd be Lawful Good, but I fail too much. I know what's right and wrong, but am too lazy to do anything.

I am WAY too reliant on tradition and programmed responses, to the point of debility. But I'm great with machines!

bbgenderless100
2013-02-11, 07:27 PM
Lawful Neutral. I'd be Lawful Good, but I fail too much. I know what's right and wrong, but am too lazy to do anything.

I am WAY too reliant on tradition and programmed responses, to the point of debility. But I'm great with machines!

That's probably right, now tackle the OP :smallsmile:

Dr.Epic
2013-02-11, 07:35 PM
Lawful Good obviously. I mean, am I the type of guy who would lie to you? Think about it: if I was (Chaotic) Evil, I wouldn't tell you I was (Chaotic) Evil. I'd make up a lie about being Lawful Good.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-11, 07:40 PM
Lawful Good obviously. I mean, am I the type of guy who would lie to you? Think about it: if I was (Chaotic) Evil, I wouldn't tell you I was (Chaotic) Evil. I'd make up a lie about being Lawful Good.

Intriguing:smallsmile::smallamused::smallsigh::sma llredface::smallmad::smallfurious::smallfrown::sma lleek::smallcool::smallyuk::smallconfused::smallwi nk::smallbiggrin::smalltongue::smallannoyed:

Now try and make me turn to Alcoholism by guessing the OP.

Rhody
2013-02-11, 08:25 PM
I think I'm either neutral good or chaotic good, because I really value good acts and being a good person, but I don't necessarily like rules or establishments particularly much.

Oh, and I'd say you're chaotic neutral.

Raimun
2013-02-11, 08:46 PM
Most likely True Neutral, with aspiration to be Neutral Good.

In some ways I'm really Lawful but in the others, really Chaotic. That averages to Neutral.
Most of the time I'm not actively making the world a better place but I'm not actively making it worse either. Still, I'm more likely to do Good than Evil. Just not so often I'd say I'm Good.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-11, 08:56 PM
Most likely True Neutral, with aspiration to be Neutral Good.

In some ways I'm really Lawful but in the others, really Chaotic. That averages to Neutral.
Most of the time I'm not actively making the world a better place but I'm not actively making it worse either. Still, I'm more likely to do Good than Evil. Just not so often I'd say I'm Good.

Intense:smallyuk::smallconfused::smallwink::smallb iggrin::smalltongue::smallannoyed::smallsmile::sma llamused::smallsigh::smallredface::smallmad::small furious::smallfrown::smalleek::smallcool:

Now about the OP?

bbgenderless100
2013-02-11, 08:58 PM
I think I'm either neutral good or chaotic good, because I really value good acts and being a good person, but I don't necessarily like rules or establishments particularly much.
Perhaps it's Neutral Good with Chaotic Tendencies? that's what yours sounds like.
Oh, and I'd say you're chaotic neutral.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

Raimun
2013-02-11, 09:05 PM
Now about the OP?

I dunno? Lawful Neutral. You seem to follow rigorously rules of your own device.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-11, 09:16 PM
I dunno? Lawful Neutral. You seem to follow rigorously rules of your own device.

Such as? i don't recall setting out a personal code or any rules for me to abide by.

Lupos
2013-02-11, 09:22 PM
Neutral Evil by nature, Lawful Good by choice. And to explain that would take me hours of typing.

Anyway, from what I see, I would say you are a True Neutral. You balance both Law and Chaos and have a more good than evil bent, but you can still be a tad on the evil side.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-11, 09:29 PM
Neutral Evil by nature, Lawful Good by choice. And to explain that would take me hours of typing.
That sounds like quite a struggle .
Anyway, from what I see, I would say you are a True Neutral.
Gotten it as a result on a quiz before and peeps offline have called me this as well.
You balance both Law and Chaos and have a more good than evil bent,
Last part i don't understand, is it because i don't use violence?

but you can still be a tad on the evil side.
Which part or parts? helped with this conclusion?

darklink_shadow
2013-02-11, 09:39 PM
Like the 99% of the world, I'm true neutral. I follow the law most of the time, but not all the time. Lawful people don't jaywalk. Chaotic people don't give a **** about the law, and blatantly ignore it. No person I know about is chaotic.

As for the other axis, I am not willing to die for a stranger, so I can't be good. There are many requirements for someone to be truly "good." Hell, most of my 'good' DnD characters aren't actually 'good' by DnD's standards. As for evil, I don't go out of my way to cause suffering either, so I am not evil.

So I'm true neutral. Like pretty much everyone else. Some of us true neutrals will want to pretend we are "good" or "chaotic" but the fact is, we aren't.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-11, 09:40 PM
Like the 99% of the world, I'm true neutral. I follow the law most of the time, but not all the time. Lawful people don't jaywalk. Chaotic people don't give a **** about the law, and blatantly ignore it. No person I know about is chaotic.

As for the other axis, I am not willing to die for a stranger, so I can't be good. There are many requirements for someone to be truly "good." Hell, most of my 'good' DnD characters aren't actually 'good' by DnD's standards. As for evil, I don't go out of my way to cause suffering either, so I am not evil.

So I'm true neutral. Like pretty much everyone else. Some of us true neutrals will want to pretend we are "good" or "chaotic" but the fact is, we aren't.

Alright, where would the OP fall then?

Kane0
2013-02-11, 09:59 PM
True neutral or neutral good.

The two greatest flaws people like to point out in me are that I am often too patient and forgiving, and that I have an uncanny ability to sit on the fence.

Edit: also, since you asked, I reckon you are chaotic neutral with a slight bent towards evil. D&D alignment can be pretty binary that way.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-11, 10:02 PM

The two greatest flaws people like to point out in me are that I am often too patient and forgiving, and that I have an uncanny ability to sit on the fence.

True Neutral with Good Tendencies is the impression i'm getting from the comment, based on the first point which fits the OP?

Mastikator
2013-02-11, 10:04 PM

You don't have to die for a stranger to be good, you just have to go out of your way to help a stranger.

Which incidentally I do on occasion, I care about honesty, but not for rules, so I can't be chaotic or lawful.
Therefore I am neutral good.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-11, 10:06 PM
You don't have to die for a stranger to be good, you just have to go out of your way to help a stranger.

Which incidentally I do on occasion, I care about honesty, but rules, so I can't be chaotic or lawful.
Therefore I am neutral good.

Yup seems about right, so based on your knowledge which of the alignments fits the OP?

bbgenderless100
2013-02-11, 10:09 PM

Edit: also, since you asked, I reckon you are chaotic neutral with a slight bent towards evil. D&D alignment can be pretty binary that way.

Huh, that works.

Mastikator
2013-02-11, 10:15 PM
Anti-rules and not much for honesty or respect so definitely very chaotic.
Not a single thing that falls into the good category, but not directly a lot of malice or sadism either, so you're not evil. Selfishness is a neutral alignment. I'd put you on chaotic neutral, with neither evil nor good tendencies, VERY neutral.

Proud Tortoise
2013-02-11, 10:19 PM
I would say you're mostly chaotic neutral. If you neither try to be good or evil, that generally means you're neutral. Whether you're chaotic or not depends on how much or little you care about the law, and it sounds like you don't care.

Lawful vs. Chaotic isn't so much about written law...

bbgenderless100
2013-02-11, 10:45 PM
Lawful vs. Chaotic isn't so much about written law...

If that's the case, then which alignment does the OP fit?

Remmirath
2013-02-11, 11:23 PM
I'd say I end up as being chaotic neutral.

There's no doubt in my mind about the chaotic part. I don't go around breaking laws left and right, because I do care about the consequences, but I have no respect for laws and guidelines for their own sake. I cannot recall a single instance where I've done something simply because it was the law or rule. Outside of a game, that is, and even then I get very quickly annoyed with rules disputes and would much rather just create a ruling on the spot and move on. There are many occasions where I ignore rules or guidelines if I don't think they make sense. I also tend to be quite spontaneous in how I act, rarely plan things, and have a general dislike for forms and order. Personal freedom, both mine and other people's, is important to me.

I do more or less try to be good, which is to say that I generally help people if I can and try not to do anything wrong. However, despite efforts to the contrary, I tend to have very little empathy, a disdain for people I perceive as less intelligent than myself, and a very bad temper which often gets the better of me, so I think generally the end result is neutrality.

Of all the varied alignment tests I've taken over the years, they have most often come up chaotic neutral, with a few chaotic good and a few chaotic evil.

As for the original post, I'd say probably chaotic neutral, though I think a case could also be made for chaotic evil, but not a particularly strong one (mostly hinging on being out for oneself, but I would tend to say that's more of neutral behaviour, though can lead to evil behaviour).

Amidus Drexel
2013-02-11, 11:26 PM
I'd toss the OP in as either TN or CN, and a few of you all seem to agree with me, so I'm fairly confident in that answer.

---

Personally, I'm on the LE corner of TN. I'll occasionally do things completely altruistically, and I believe in personal freedoms, but those are the only reasons I don't put myself as definitely LE.

Amaril
2013-02-11, 11:34 PM
For the OP, I'd definitely call that CN, or at least I'd place a PC who acted that way into the CN category.

I like to think I'm NG, and I try to adhere to that. Philosophically, I think NG is really the best possible alignment one can aspire to, since I believe a balance between Law and Chaos is necessary for the cause of Good to be upheld as much as possible. Of course, I'd never be so arrogant as to claim that I've never committed an evil act, but then, any PC (or NPC, as long as they were mortal) who made that claim would also be a filthy liar.

Menteith
2013-02-11, 11:38 PM
True Neutral. I'm more than willing to help out friends and family if they need help, but I'm not going to spend my life fixing another person's. I don't feel any malice toward other people, and if it's in my power to make their lives better I'll do it, but I have enough trouble keeping my own life in order. I don't see it as worthwhile to restrict myself with a personal code or set of rules to live my life by, and I tend to make decisions on a case by case basis. I don't have any major objection to well thought out laws, however, and have no issue respecting reasonable authority. I want to be able to search for my own happiness and purpose in life; I don't bear specific individuals ill-will but neither am I compelled to go out of my way to help them. Law is neither sacred nor profane, but simply another part of life.

Blue Ghost
2013-02-12, 12:23 AM
I consider myself Lawful Good. Not because I'm necessarily more morally upright than other people, but because I make it a point and a priority to always try to do the right thing. I strongly believe in objective morality. My moral code often conflicts with that of the world, but I think that's because the world's morals are in my view too Chaotic at the current time. I try to take every opportunity I can to do things to help other people, though I haven't been able to see much of the opportunity lately.

As for the OP, I'd go with chaotic neutral. I personally find that kind of behavior morally distasteful, but I think that's my Lawful side speaking.

Rogue Shadows
2013-02-12, 12:27 AM
According to alignment tests I've taken, I'm either Neutral Good or Chaotic Good, depending on my mood at the time.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-12, 12:55 AM
According to alignment tests I've taken, I'm either Neutral Good or Chaotic Good, depending on my mood at the time.

Interesting, now about the OP?

Jon_Dahl
2013-02-12, 12:56 AM

Well said. I'm true neutral too. I'd like to think that I'm LN and I've been called LE by my former DM.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-12, 12:56 AM
True Neutral. I'm more than willing to help out friends and family if they need help, but I'm not going to spend my life fixing another person's. I don't feel any malice toward other people, and if it's in my power to make their lives better I'll do it, but I have enough trouble keeping my own life in order. I don't see it as worthwhile to restrict myself with a personal code or set of rules to live my life by, and I tend to make decisions on a case by case basis. I don't have any major objection to well thought out laws, however, and have no issue respecting reasonable authority. I want to be able to search for my own happiness and purpose in life; I don't bear specific individuals ill-will but neither am I compelled to go out of my way to help them. Law is neither sacred nor profane, but simply another part of life.

is the OP the same as you alignment wise or something else altogether?

bbgenderless100
2013-02-12, 12:58 AM
Well said. I'm true neutral too. I'd like to think that I'm LN and I've been called LE by my former DM.

Do you believe in order above all else or do you believe that the system is only there for you to use to your advantage as per my understanding of LE?

Where would the OP fall?

Thajocoth
2013-02-12, 01:08 AM

Alignment tests always say I'm either Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil or True Neutral.

TheOOB
2013-02-12, 01:52 AM
I'd like to say I'm Neutral Good, but I'm probably Lawful Neutral.

That said, the D&D alignment system means nothing when applied to real life. I'm not about to be hit by a Holy Smite spell any time near soon.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-12, 02:15 AM
I'd like to say I'm Neutral Good, but I'm probably Lawful Neutral.

That said, the D&D alignment system means nothing when applied to real life. I'm not about to be hit by a Holy Smite spell any time near soon.

You are probably either Neutral Good with Lawful Tendencies or Lawful Neutral leaning Good.

But for the sake of guessing, which alignment fits the OP posted?

Partysan
2013-02-12, 11:28 AM
Interesting. You are definitely chaotic. In actions you might qualify as neutral, but I'd actually say your bent towards accepting that the results of you using your freedom will infringe on another's freedom and/or hurt other persons might qualify you as evil. Note that I don't say this because of you sleeping with someone who was in a relationship, that's not your problem but his.

I for myself am probably true neutral, as are most people. I respect the law as neccessary and follow most of it, but I'll happily break laws I find stupid if I can get away with it. I do care for people close to me, and I will help strangers if there's not too great a cost involved. I don't go out of my way to hurt others and even try to not do so by accident, but there are people I hate and that I would be willing to hurt and destroy.

TimeWizard
2013-02-12, 11:31 AM
I like to think of myself as an Ethical Hedonist, so who knows how many DnD rules of morality I'm breaking left right and center here. Ease Suffering! Live only for yourself! Sleep around! Drink to excess! Embrace physical vanity! Further Science and the Human Condition! Don't negatively impact the lives of others! Don't break laws!

I'm not sure any of that fits on DnD's morality system, except for the all-encompassing Mother Neutral, which ranges from "Extremely Apathetic" to "I just Dartboard every moral decision". Then again, Morality is a three thousand year discussion and shouldn't be shoehorned into nine strict contingencies.

Amaril
2013-02-12, 11:58 AM
I like to think of myself as an Ethical Hedonist, so who knows how many DnD rules of morality I'm breaking left right and center here. Ease Suffering! Live only for yourself! Sleep around! Drink to excess! Embrace physical vanity! Further Science and the Human Condition! Don't negatively impact the lives of others! Don't break laws!

I'm not sure any of that fits on DnD's morality system, except for the all-encompassing Mother Neutral, which ranges from "Extremely Apathetic" to "I just Dartboard every moral decision". Then again, Morality is a three thousand year discussion and shouldn't be shoehorned into nine strict contingencies.

I'd call that more CG than anything else. In my view, one of the many possible interpretations of CG is "do whatever you want, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone--and if it helps people, even better." That seems to be kind of what you're going for with that set of principles.

Thajocoth
2013-02-12, 01:54 PM
I'm curious what people think matters for alignments:

Good/Evil scale: Would personal morality count? Or is it the general consensus that matters?

Law/Chaos scale: Does it refer specifically to law? Is tradition more important? Or would any personal rules system work if followed rigidly?

Do thoughts effect alignment? Or just your actions?

The Bandicoot
2013-02-12, 02:33 PM
Truthfully I find the OP lies somewhere between CN and CG.

As far as I go I'm pretty chaotic. As far as the good/evil scale I bounce between the two enough depending on my mood so I'd say CN.

Alex Star
2013-02-12, 02:35 PM
I am True Lawful Chaotic Good Neutral Evil...

Synovia
2013-02-12, 02:36 PM

The bolded just isn't true at all. If a lawful person doesn't feel that jaywalking is a valid law, they don't follow it.

Civil disobedience is a lawful act.

In the frame of reference of D&D, lawful basically means "following a code". That code doesn't have to be the same as the laws of your society.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-12, 04:53 PM
Truthfully I find the OP lies somewhere between CN and CG.

As far as I go I'm pretty chaotic. As far as the good/evil scale I bounce between the two enough depending on my mood so I'd say CN.

So perhaps Chaotic Neutral leaning Good is what you mean?

bbgenderless100
2013-02-12, 04:54 PM

Where would that leave the OP?

bbgenderless100
2013-02-12, 04:56 PM
The bolded just isn't true at all. If a lawful person doesn't feel that jaywalking is a valid law, they don't follow it.

Civil disobedience is a lawful act.

In the frame of reference of D&D, lawful basically means "following a code". That code doesn't have to be the same as the laws of your society.

What alignment would the OP be?

bbgenderless100
2013-02-12, 04:58 PM
I am True Lawful Chaotic Good Neutral Evil...

Which of those would the OP be or is it something else?

Synovia
2013-02-12, 05:03 PM
What alignment would the OP be?

CE.

Chaotic - Dislikes rules, dislikes being told what to do, etc.

Evil - Values the wellbeing of self over others.

(I don't take CE as **** Dastardly type characters who have nothing better to do than tie damsels to train tracks.)

Lord_Gareth
2013-02-12, 05:06 PM
I'd probably stick myself as NG or TN, leaning towards but not embracing Chaos.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-12, 05:07 PM
I'd probably stick myself as NG or TN, leaning towards but not embracing Chaos.

Alright, now where would the OP fit in?

Xenogears
2013-02-12, 09:21 PM
It's a difficult question since DnD 3rd Edition has defined Nuetral along the Good-Evil axis multiple ways. In some books it describes Neutral as meaning "feels the same about good and evil" which is an odd viewpoint IMO but whatever. However in other books it defines Neutral as more or less "They want to be good but they aren't willing to sacrifice themselves for strangers" which realistically describes 99% of real people.

I mean I would do a lot to help out friends/family and I might go a little out of my way to help a stranger but most of us (including me) aren't going to selflessly devote our lives to the betterment of strangers.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-12, 09:43 PM
It's a difficult question since DnD 3rd Edition has defined Nuetral along the Good-Evil axis multiple ways. In some books it describes Neutral as meaning "feels the same about good and evil" which is an odd viewpoint IMO but whatever. However in other books it defines Neutral as more or less "They want to be good but they aren't willing to sacrifice themselves for strangers" which realistically describes 99% of real people.

I mean I would do a lot to help out friends/family and I might go a little out of my way to help a stranger but most of us (including me) aren't going to selflessly devote our lives to the betterment of strangers.

Alright, but for the sake of guessing which alignment seems to fit the OP?

Averis Vol
2013-02-13, 04:05 AM

See, people misuse this all the time because they want to not abide by the alignment axis. No here's from the phb.

“Law” implies honor, trustworthiness, obedience to authority, and reliability.

The monk is the only one who gets to follow an ascetic code and still be lawful.

Back on topic. You are definitely C/N bordering on C/E because honestly, you don't sound like a decent person. If you're cool with this, awesome!

As for me, I'm solidly N/G; I go out of my way to help people; I'm the guy at the restaurant who wolds the door open for everyone and their mamas, I brake to help broke down cars on the side of the road and I stand up for people who are getting picked on. I follow the law because it is right, though I am prone to doing something because its more right, even though it will directly come into conflict with the law. I also try to do my best to not (publicly) judge people, and I accept all until they betray my trust.

ghost_warlock
2013-02-13, 04:14 AM
I tend to vary by necessity between a clinical Lawful Neutral and a Neutral Good full of righteous indignation. Comes with being a social worker. :smalltongue:

Balmas
2013-02-13, 04:26 AM
Hmm. Right now, I'd say that I'm Neutral Good with aspirations of LG. I do my best to obey the rules, and indeed believe that freedom is only found withing the bounds of an ordered society. However, I'm also aware that I am less than my ideal currently.

MukkTB
2013-02-13, 04:45 AM
I am green/black.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-13, 05:01 AM
See, people misuse this all the time because they want to not abide by the alignment axis. No here's from the phb.

The monk is the only one who gets to follow an ascetic code and still be lawful.

Back on topic. You are definitely C/N bordering on C/E because honestly, you don't sound like a decent person. If you're cool with this, awesome!

As for me, I'm solidly N/G; I go out of my way to help people; I'm the guy at the restaurant who wolds the door open for everyone and their mamas, I brake to help broke down cars on the side of the road and I stand up for people who are getting picked on. I follow the law because it is right, though I am prone to doing something because its more right, even though it will directly come into conflict with the law. I also try to do my best to not (publicly) judge people, and I accept all until they betray my trust.

K.

I adore that analysis.

Good luck with that, because if you are good in this world you'll get treated worse then a bad one . Nobody really knows what they want in this world.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-13, 05:03 AM
I tend to vary by necessity between a clinical Lawful Neutral and a Neutral Good full of righteous indignation. Comes with being a social worker. :smalltongue:

And the OP?

bbgenderless100
2013-02-13, 05:04 AM
I am green/black.

And the OP?

TuggyNE
2013-02-13, 05:58 AM
And the OP?

Please, multi-quote posts with the little "+ button to the right of the Quote button. Makes it a ton easier to deal with.

Thread tax: OP seems rather classically CN, with possible CE tinge. No significant effort/sacrifice put into helping others at own expense, so not Good; active disrespect for traditions or common practices, and love of personal freedom, so Chaotic.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-13, 06:22 AM
Please, multi-quote posts with the little "+ button to the right of the Quote button. Makes it a ton easier to deal with.

Thread tax: OP seems rather classically CN, with possible CE tinge. No significant effort/sacrifice put into helping others at own expense, so not Good; active disrespect for traditions or common practices, and love of personal freedom, so Chaotic.

Interesting.

MukkTB
2013-02-13, 06:34 AM
And the OP?

He is red.

ghost_warlock
2013-02-13, 06:44 AM
And the OP?

There's already been a fairly detailed analysis, so I'm not sure what else you're looking for. OP is self-described as chaotic netural and, also judging by the original post, likely in their teens or early twenties. Maybe once they have an personal investment in something other than their own immediate gratification they'll experience a shift in priorities and subsequent alignment change.

Edit: Not meaning to be judgmental (although that is a common trait for lawful-oriented people like myself); just noting a common trend that as a person ages they tend to be more lawful in part because they have more to lose by running afoul of societal strictures and legal regulations.

Synovia
2013-02-13, 09:41 AM

And yet, repeatedly withing the individual alignment descriptions it says "Within his own code of conduct".

Respect for authority in no way indicates that the authority you respect is the laws of the current municipality.

The description for lawful also states " reactionary adherence to tradition". If someone's tradition said that cutting a theif's hands off was the right thing to do, and the law said cutting people's hands off was illegal, the character would still be being lawful by cutting someone's hands off.

In the Lawful Neutral description it specifically says: "A lawful neutral character acts as a law, tradition, or a personal code directs her"

No mention of monks.

Averis Vol
2013-02-13, 06:43 PM
And yet, repeatedly withing the individual alignment descriptions it says "Within his own code of conduct".

Respect for authority in no way indicates that the authority you respect is the laws of the current municipality.

The description for lawful also states " reactionary adherence to tradition". If someone's tradition said that cutting a theif's hands off was the right thing to do, and the law said cutting people's hands off was illegal, the character would still be being lawful by cutting someone's hands off.

In the Lawful Neutral description it specifically says: "A lawful neutral character acts as a law, tradition, or a personal code directs her"

No mention of monks.

This is where I must disagree. It becomes what is real versus what some one thinks is real. If the recognised law of the land says that cutting off thieves hands is illegal, then it is. you can feel however you want about it, if you cut of a thiefs hand you will be prosecuted and go to jail (unless your a PC, in which case you'll run screaming lunacy into the night.) and last I checked, jail is where the law breakers go.

Seharvepernfan
2013-02-13, 08:12 PM
I'm neutral, but I strongly sympathize with and lean towards chaotic good. I suspect if there were ever any Big Event, like a war or a zombie apocalypse or something like that, I'd probably start acting very CG. As it stands, I just work part-time and internet/sleep the rest. I'm too apathetic to be anything but neutral - I'd have to be pressed into a situation before I start acting good, like seeing someone stuck in a burning car or something, but I don't go around looking for people to help, or otherwise try to make the world a better place.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-13, 08:45 PM
There's already been a fairly detailed analysis, so I'm not sure what else you're looking for. OP is self-described as chaotic netural and, also judging by the original post, likely in their teens or early twenties. Maybe once they have an personal investment in something other than their own immediate gratification they'll experience a shift in priorities and subsequent alignment change.

Edit: Not meaning to be judgmental (although that is a common trait for lawful-oriented people like myself); just noting a common trend that as a person ages they tend to be more lawful in part because they have more to lose by running afoul of societal strictures and legal regulations.

Feedback and lots of it.

Okay.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-13, 08:47 PM
I'm neutral, but I strongly sympathize with and lean towards chaotic good. I suspect if there were ever any Big Event, like a war or a zombie apocalypse or something like that, I'd probably start acting very CG. As it stands, I just work part-time and internet/sleep the rest. I'm too apathetic to be anything but neutral - I'd have to be pressed into a situation before I start acting good, like seeing someone stuck in a burning car or something, but I don't go around looking for people to help, or otherwise try to make the world a better place.

Interesting. Very self aware you are. yes.

The OP?

:smallfrown::smalleek::smallcool::smallyuk::smallc onfused::smallwink::smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Synovia
2013-02-14, 01:42 AM
This is where I must disagree. It becomes what is real versus what some one thinks is real. If the recognised law of the land says that cutting off thieves hands is illegal, then it is. you can feel however you want about it, if you cut of a thiefs hand you will be prosecuted and go to jail (unless your a PC, in which case you'll run screaming lunacy into the night.) and last I checked, jail is where the law breakers go.

LAW does not equal "the law". A lawful evil villain is going to break laws all the time. He's still lawful.
Law is order. Law is patterned. Law is predictable.

Kelb_Panthera
2013-02-14, 04:20 AM

Please tell me your group ignores the alignment system or, at least, that the rest of your group sees it in a more reasonable light. You don't have to go to extremes to have an alignment outside TN. Alignment is determined by patterns of behavior.

For the OP, I'd definitely call that CN, or at least I'd place a PC who acted that way into the CN category.

I like to think I'm NG, and I try to adhere to that. Philosophically, I think NG is really the best possible alignment one can aspire to, since I believe a balance between Law and Chaos is necessary for the cause of Good to be upheld as much as possible. Of course, I'd never be so arrogant as to claim that I've never committed an evil act, but then, any PC (or NPC, as long as they were mortal) who made that claim would also be a filthy liar.
It's entirely possible to have a character that's never committed an evil act. For NPC's: some people are just like that, rare though they may be. For PC's: it's a lot easier to have your character always choose the good option even if it would be difficult or impossible for you to choose the same action if you were confronted with a similar scenario IRL.

I'm curious what people think matters for alignments:

Good/Evil scale: Would personal morality count? Or is it the general consensus that matters? The 3.5 system has a well defined, objective system for this axis. Even if you don't accept that particular sourcebook's take on the matter, the 3.5 system was still built around an objective system of morality and ethics wherein good acts are good and evil acts are evil regardless of what any individual character thinks.

Law/Chaos scale: Does it refer specifically to law? Is tradition more important? Or would any personal rules system work if followed rigidly?The law chaos axis is built around the idea of structure. If a character consistently refers back to some sort of code that's recognized by his peers; be it a written legal code, the teachings of his church, or a set of social moores handed down orally by a mentor; because he thinks that the world is inherently ordered or, otherwise, needs to be put into a state of order; even when it's difficult or unpleasant; then he's a lawful character.

If he goes with his gut to make decisions, scoffs at tradition, and thinks the idea that the world is, or can be, ordered is absurd then he's chaotic.

An ethically neutral character would fall somewhere between those two. A character who follows a code that he made up entirely on his own is almost certainly neutral; a result of the combination of trying to follow a code and imposing order on his worldview but choosing a code that's mutable and has no real social weight.

Do thoughts effect alignment? Or just your actions?

A character's alignment is determined by behavioral patterns. This includes both thoughts and actions, though actions weigh far more heavily than thoughts. Of note: having an evil (or otherwise aligned) thought does not constitute an evil act (or otherwise aligned act). When taking most actions, intention counts. Very few acts are inherently aligned one way or another. The quintissential example is, of course, killing. Killing a known villian because he is known to have done evil in the past and will almost certainly do evil again in the future is a good act. Killing the same villian because he's trying to kill you after you thwarted his plans is neutral. Killing that very same villian because he's got a vault full of heavily loaded coffers, while you don't know or care what he's done in the past or will do in the future, is evil.

On topic:

I'm TN with a tendency toward LN.

I trust my gut, but I trust my ability to reason more and I'm very prone to examining a situation and analyzing it to death, sometimes to the detriment of my ability to act on that information. I also hold myself to a code of behavior that would be easily recognized by others that follow roughly the same code, though not to such a dogmatic extent as to think the code has all the answers. I'll quickly disregard the code if I think the situation warrants it. I know there is both good and evil in me and I accept it, rather than try to expunge the evil from my soul. I'll help others when it's convenient but I'll stomp on anyone that tries to harm me and mine with extraordinary viciousness; be that a figurative or, particularly, a literal stomping; with no remorse to speak of after.

Malrone
2013-02-14, 04:22 AM
I always thought Law the alignment was poor nomenclature in D&D. Order is more appropriate, and breeds less confusion (though it loses some nuance). I stand firmly by that a Lawful alignment does not mean nor necessitate a character have any concern for Legality; Lawful people seek order in their lives and abide by some sort of code, which can originate from any source.

Following legality can also easily be a matter of practicality, or the Lawful bent to do so may come not from caring about the set of laws themselves, but that they obey the currently appropriate power structure.

Me? I seek a Neutral Good philosophy, but am waaaay too conditioned to rules, obedience, and the like to not be Lawful. I'm at least heavily leaning Good, since I try and help people when I can, and feel very guilty when I can't, or can't bring myself to.

OP: Sounds Chaotic Something. Probably.

And remember folks: Nothing is absolute. This is why the alignment system is such a matter of debate.

EDIT:
-All of the things-
Kelb man, your signature quotes hold true. Ya damn ninja.

Siosilvar
2013-02-14, 04:54 AM
I am Chaotic Good. Y'all can just deal with it. :smalltongue: Alignment tests tend to peg me as Neutral or even Lawful, though, because they place an overemphasis on "working with the community" instead of "following tradition/structure/etc" as the Lawful axis. I do what I want, and it usually involves being polite and helpful.

As for the OP... Chaotic Evil.
"Willing to use violence" sealed the deal for me (though the general line of not giving a damn about other people certainly didn't win any charitable placement). It's obvious that you're Chaotic, but I take the following as a rule of thumb:

Good uses violence only in self-defense, and sometimes not even then.
Neutral uses violence only when threatened.
Evil will swing first if it gets them what they want, if it's worth the risk.

Now, as the second person in this thread to firmly state OP is Evil, I must clarify that Evil in this case isn't capital-E kick-the-dog Evil. About a third of people are D&D-evil, after all, if we're modeling RL using D&D's rules as written. D&D Evil is merely the advancement of self-interest over most everything else. Effective for its goals, but not always nice.

Good luck with that, because if you are good in this world you'll get treated worse then a bad one . Nobody really knows what they want in this world.

That has not been my experience, and I'll say no more. Infractions are not something I'm particularly gunning for.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-14, 05:11 AM
I always thought Law the alignment was poor nomenclature in D&D. Order is more appropriate, and breeds less confusion (though it loses some nuance). I stand firmly by that a Lawful alignment does not mean nor necessitate a character have any concern for Legality; Lawful people seek order in their lives and abide by some sort of code, which can originate from any source.

Following legality can also easily be a matter of practicality, or the Lawful bent to do so may come not from caring about the set of laws themselves, but that they obey the currently appropriate power structure.

Me? I seek a Neutral Good philosophy, but am waaaay too conditioned to rules, obedience, and the like to not be Lawful. I'm at least heavily leaning Good, since I try and help people when I can, and feel very guilty when I can't, or can't bring myself to.

OP: Sounds Chaotic Something. Probably.

And remember folks: Nothing is absolute. This is why the alignment system is such a matter of debate.

EDIT:
Kelb man, your signature quotes hold true. Ya damn ninja.

Chaotic Something? alright but realistically which Chaotic alignment do you picture when you see or think of the OP?

And perhaps you are right that its not absolute but then again you could be very very wrong.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-14, 05:12 AM
Please tell me your group ignores the alignment system or, at least, that the rest of your group sees it in a more reasonable light. You don't have to go to extremes to have an alignment outside TN. Alignment is determined by patterns of behavior.

It's entirely possible to have a character that's never committed an evil act. For NPC's: some people are just like that, rare though they may be. For PC's: it's a lot easier to have your character always choose the good option even if it would be difficult or impossible for you to choose the same action if you were confronted with a similar scenario IRL.
The 3.5 system has a well defined, objective system for this axis. Even if you don't accept that particular sourcebook's take on the matter, the 3.5 system was still built around an objective system of morality and ethics wherein good acts are good and evil acts are evil regardless of what any individual character thinks.

The law chaos axis is built around the idea of structure. If a character consistently refers back to some sort of code that's recognized by his peers; be it a written legal code, the teachings of his church, or a set of social moores handed down orally by a mentor; because he thinks that the world is inherently ordered or, otherwise, needs to be put into a state of order; even when it's difficult or unpleasant; then he's a lawful character.

If he goes with his gut to make decisions, scoffs at tradition, and thinks the idea that the world is, or can be, ordered is absurd then he's chaotic.

An ethically neutral character would fall somewhere between those two. A character who follows a code that he made up entirely on his own is almost certainly neutral; a result of the combination of trying to follow a code and imposing order on his worldview but choosing a code that's mutable and has no real social weight.

A character's alignment is determined by behavioral patterns. This includes both thoughts and actions, though actions weigh far more heavily than thoughts. Of note: having an evil (or otherwise aligned) thought does not constitute an evil act (or otherwise aligned act). When taking most actions, intention counts. Very few acts are inherently aligned one way or another. The quintissential example is, of course, killing. Killing a known villian because he is known to have done evil in the past and will almost certainly do evil again in the future is a good act. Killing the same villian because he's trying to kill you after you thwarted his plans is neutral. Killing that very same villian because he's got a vault full of heavily loaded coffers, while you don't know or care what he's done in the past or will do in the future, is evil.

On topic:

I'm TN with a tendency toward LN.

I trust my gut, but I trust my ability to reason more and I'm very prone to examining a situation and analyzing it to death, sometimes to the detriment of my ability to act on that information. I also hold myself to a code of behavior that would be easily recognized by others that follow roughly the same code, though not to such a dogmatic extent as to think the code has all the answers. I'll quickly disregard the code if I think the situation warrants it. I know there is both good and evil in me and I accept it, rather than try to expunge the evil from my soul. I'll help others when it's convenient but I'll stomp on anyone that tries to harm me and mine with extraordinary viciousness; be that a figurative or, particularly, a literal stomping; with no remorse to speak of after.

Alright Kelb, based on your wisdom which alignment do you picture when you see the OP?

bbgenderless100
2013-02-14, 05:18 AM
I am Chaotic Good. Y'all can just deal with it. :smalltongue: Alignment tests tend to peg me as Neutral or even Lawful, though, because they place an overemphasis on "working with the community" instead of "following tradition/structure/etc" as the Lawful axis. I do what I want, and it usually involves being polite and helpful.

As for the OP... Chaotic Evil.
"Willing to use violence" sealed the deal for me (though the general line of not giving a damn about other people certainly didn't win any charitable placement). It's obvious that you're Chaotic, but I take the following as a rule of thumb, given a broad generalization of modern values:

Good uses violence only in self-defense, and sometimes not even then.
Neutral uses violence only when threatened.
Evil will swing first if it gets them what they want, if it's worth the risk.

Now, as the second person in this thread to firmly state OP is Evil, I must clarify that Evil in this case isn't capital-E kick-the-dog Evil. About a third of people are D&D-evil, after all, if we're modeling RL using D&D's rules as written. D&D Evil is merely the advancement of self-interest over most everything else. Effective for its goals, but not always nice.

That has not been my experience, and I'll say no more. Infractions are not something I'm particularly gunning for.

:smallsmile: ahhhhhhhhh this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Kelb_Panthera
2013-02-14, 06:14 AM
Alright Kelb, based on your wisdom which alignment do you picture when you see the OP?Let's break it down.

The alignments i think i'm are: Chaotic Neutral,True Neutral,Neutral Good and either Chaotic Evil or
Neutral Evil.

I don't really trust anyone or anything at all because they all tend to oppress my freedom to do whatever i want to doA clearly and strongly chaotic sentiment
which is what i long for and really only care about despite seeming like i don't. Very strongly chaotic. Some minor non-good from the underlined. Why exactly do you seem like you care?
I also can be really lazy when it comes to everything and anything.Lack of drive is actively neutral, since it suggests you won't go out of your way to act on behalf of, or against, others.
I believe that good and bad are subjective as what one person views as good another will view as bad etc.This is factual truth IRL, but by the aligment rules this is false. Being wrong doesn't really speak to any alignment.
For example: I slept with my good friend who is dating someone at the moment
some will consider me evil because of this or Neutral, however he offered to do it with me when i brought it up in a conversation one night and then he changed his mind while doing it with me so i stopped due to him changing his mind. I was so enjoying it until he stopped and since then i've been upset with him. So
because i sensed that he was gonna kill the enjoyment for me somehow, afterwards and still am irritated that he backed out.I'm assuming from context that he was seeing this friend at the time. That's an outright betrayal from both of you against your friend; an evil act, albeit not a particularly bad one if she is unaware of what transpired. If they weren't dating at the time, the alignment rules don't give sexual relations any inherent alignment and don't penalize you for events beyond your control that happen in the future.
I also have gone and sold a christmas present after being told not to for money, because i was craving Popcorn at the time.That's more a chaotic act than anything. May count as a betrayal, and thus evil, if you promised not to and the gift giver expected any weight to be on that promise.
I also for the longest time made it out to look like i forgave my mom but really i went over to her place with her current lover to eat and so she can't say that i don't see her at all.
I will always respect her for bringing me into this world but don't trust her. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the underlined, motivation prevents this from being a good act and it -may- be another betrayal. Was he her current lover at the time? What exactly do you mean by "with"? If he was her lover at the time and you were sleeping with him, that's more evil. Otherwise this one's neutral because of your motivation.

I also believe that people should be free to do whatever they want, however whatever they end up doing with that freedom is on them to deal with not me.Again, strongly chaotic.

I don't use violence but don't consider myself a pacifist because if i could find a way to use it with my lack of upper body strength i would.Violence isn't aligned in and of itself. Context and intent determine whether an act of violence is neutral, evil, or even good.

I also don't like being told no but tend to swallow my feelings about the issue and pretend like i don't.This has no moral or ethical weight to speak of.

If you think i could pass for one of those alignments then go for it and tell me which one it is and explain why.

Will be interesting to see the responses.

You're chaotic; no question. This description shows little in the way of good and at least one fairly solid instance of a minor evil. I'm going to have to call you evil without anything in your description to suggest otherwise and several iterations of what comes off as "I don't care about others at all."

TL;DR: CE, just south of CN. You get to look foward to an afterlife of howling madness in the wind-swept depths of Pandemonium.

Seharvepernfan
2013-02-14, 06:50 AM
TL;DR: CE, just south of CN. You get to look foward to an afterlife of howling madness in the wind-swept depths of Pandemonium.

If the planes were real, I'd so be out stabbing bankers right now.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-14, 07:14 AM
Let's break it down.

A clearly and strongly chaotic sentiment
Percisely.
Very strongly chaotic. Some minor non-good from the underlined. Why
exactly do you seem like you care?
Because i tend to act in the same manner as those who hide their sexual orientation or one of those people that pretend to be something they are not to fit in or survive in the world. Difference being i hide under whatever alignment i think will keep me from having my freedom threatened , which i presumed was either a Neutral Neutral or a Chaotic Neutral or even Chaotic evil act.

Lack of drive is actively neutral, since it suggests you won't go out of your way to act on behalf of, or against, others.
Yup.

This is factual truth IRL, but by the aligment rules this is false. Being wrong doesn't really speak to any alignment.
If you say so:smallamused:

I'm assuming from context that he was seeing this friend at the time. That's an outright betrayal from both of you against your friend; an evil act, albeit not a particularly bad one if she is unaware of what transpired.
She has no idea, because he who i slept with wants to keep it a secret from her.
If they weren't dating at the time, the alignment rules don't give sexual relations any inherent alignment and don't penalize you for events beyond your control that happen in the future. That's more a chaotic act than anything. May count as a betrayal, and thus evil, if you promised not to and the gift giver expected any weight to be on that promise.
I did promise not too and it was a blood relative.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding the underlined, motivation prevents this from being a good act and it -may- be another betrayal. Was he her current lover at the time?
This part i messed up big time, i meant to say that i went over to my mom's and her significant other's place to eat. and i for the longest time made it out to look like i forgave her but really i went over there to eat so she can't say that i don't see her at all.

Edit:they are still together as far as i know and i did not sleep with him nor would i ever ewwwwwwwwwww he's old.

Again, strongly chaotic.
It's what i believe in.

Violence isn't aligned in and of itself. Context and intent determine whether an act of violence is neutral, evil, or even good.
Okay.

This has no moral or ethical weight to speak of.
Okay.

You're chaotic; no question. This description shows little in the way of good and at least one fairly solid instance of a minor evil. I'm going to have to call you evil without anything in your description to suggest otherwise and several iterations of what comes off as "I don't care about others at all."
Bingo. :smallsmile:
I do also scream oppression at moving cars without caring whether they hear it or not especially when they block my way to where i need to go and i also tend to think aloud without caring. Which to me screams Chaotic, big time and i mean big time.
Alright,this works.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-14, 07:15 AM
If the planes were real, I'd so be out stabbing bankers right now.

So about the OP?

We a little forgetful?
:smallbiggrin:

Kelb_Panthera
2013-02-14, 11:49 AM
Alright,this works.

We all wear masks, as it were, so there's nothing evil about that as long as you're not faking people out to get ahead, just to get by, you're neutral here.

The thing about letting your mom think you forgave her, even though you didn't, is neutral.

The selling of the gift after promising not to is evil. The exact nature of your relationship to the gift-giver isn't important only that the person trusted you and you betrayed that trust, however minor a betrayal it may have been.

Also, you may want to highlight your responses in the text block there by bolding or underlining them, or at least putting in paragraph breaks to seperate them from what I said.

Kildahr
2013-02-14, 12:33 PM
I'd have to say that I am true Neutral; that is to say, I am Amoral.

I believe that when you throw morality into an alignment system, you end up having two sides: those who are amoral, and those who are stuck in the moral/immoral dichotomy.

Amoral people are "Neutral," while people with Morals fall into the "Good/Evil" categories at any given time; Morality is derived from a world-view, and there are so many philosophical, theological, and spiritual worldviews that embodying any one worldview defines you as both "Good" in some world-views and "Evil" in other world-views.

To be honest, when I run campaigns or design modules I just use a home-brewed Alignment Network as opposed to an Alignment Chart; all alignments are relative, and a networks allows for easier comparison and character placement through in-game communities and societies.

Tengu_temp
2013-02-14, 12:56 PM
I'd say thr OP is chaotic neutral, of the kind that usually ends up on the nearest tree when their party members can't stand them anymore.

hamishspence
2013-02-14, 12:58 PM
As the Giant put it in No Cure for the Paladin Blues:

"Belkar's not committed to Evil in any way- he's totally amoral. It just so happens that in D&D, Amoral = Evil".

Neutral people "have compunctions against hurting the innocent" (PHB)- that means they're not amoral.

Edenbeast
2013-02-14, 01:25 PM
I think the alignment system is too rigid and/or simple to be used for real life. For an RPG I actually prefer a player describes the nature and demeanor of his character as it provides me with slightly more info. I do have my interpretation of the alignment system so here goes:

If I would give myself an alignment, I think it would be Neutral Good. I can be angry with someone, may even have fantasies of chopping this person up in little pieces, but will never do it because I know it's wrong, besides just talking things over is a way better solution. I generally respect laws, and I expect the same from others. I'm not trying to live an exemplary life, but I will tell kids to leave garbage where it belongs and not on the street.

Then the OP. Sleeping with another person, in my opinion, is not on the axis of good and evil. In a society where monogamy is considered the standard, and the person you sleep with is even married, then I don't think that's very lawful, but not evil. However this not the case in your scenario. The fact that you reflect and think that other people may call it evil means you are concerned about your actions. I'd say that's a tendency towards good.
Reading how you feel other people should be free to do whatever they want, is more towards chaotic good. Although you say you wouldn't care what they would do with this freedom, so that's more neutral.
At the beginning you admit you are lazy, again self reflection, and it's a good person to admit to have flaws. I don't think you will do anything about it, so that's another point for chaotic.
You don't like being told no, well me neither, but like me you respect the other person's decision. That's another point for good.
Not using violence because you lack strength, I don't find that a very strong argument. I'm not strong either, I am tough and quick, and can definitely hurt someone if I want to, and otherwise I can use equipment if I'm really out to hurt the other person. You chose not to use violence for a different reason. All in all I'd say you are Chaotic Good.

Synovia
2013-02-14, 01:40 PM
If I would give myself an alignment, I think it would be Neutral Good. I can be angry with someone, may even have fantasies of chopping this person up in little pieces, but will never do it because I know it's wrong, besides just talking things over is a way better solution. I generally respect laws, and I expect the same from others. I'm not trying to live an exemplary life, but I will tell kids to leave garbage where it belongs and not on the street.

You sound like Lawful Neutral to me. You're big on order and people doing what they're expected to do. That's Law. People who are "GOOD" do try to lead exemplary lives. Good is all about putting other people before yourself.

hamishspence
2013-02-14, 01:47 PM
You sound like Lawful Neutral to me. You're big on order and people doing what they're expected to do. That's Law. People who are "GOOD" do try to lead exemplary lives. Good is all about putting other people before yourself.

PHB p104:

"Someone who is neutral with respect for law and chaos has a normal respect for authority and feels neither a compulsion to obey nor a compulsion to rebel. She is honest but can be tempted into lying or deceiving others"

BoED page 12, on NG:

"Legislating morality sometimes works, and is good as far as it goes. When good societies begin legislating every detail of their citizens' lives, however, passing laws that have no bearing on good and evil, the neutral good citizens grow impatient. They support law when it promotes good, but not law for its own sake. Similarly, they like the idea of personal freedom, but they're not sure everyone should have it- too much freedom gives evildoers too much room to prosper."

Synovia
2013-02-14, 01:53 PM
PHB p104:

"Someone who is neutral with respect for law and chaos has a normal respect for authority and feels neither a compulsion to obey nor a compulsion to rebel. She is honest but can be tempted into lying or deceiving others"

My reading is that he feels a compulsion to obey the law.

Thajocoth
2013-02-14, 02:00 PM

Let's say Anne had a traumatic experience. Ben (a stranger; Anne doesn't know him) discovers this and decides to comfort her, offering an ear to listen. Anne tells Ben what occurred & Ben comforts her. Anne feels much better. Meanwhile, Ben's motivation is that the story of what happened to Anne excites him. He gets off on it. He doesn't let on about this. Purely by his actions alone, he's comforted and helped this girl. Ben would never cause such a trauma because it's against his morals, and he would stop it from happening if he could, but if it has already happened, he will seek out as many details to the tale as he can, purely for his own enjoyment. The fact that it helps the victim is a nice bonus, but is secondary to his own gratification.

Is Ben Evil, Neutral or Good?

hamishspence
2013-02-14, 02:01 PM
"normal respect for laws" does fall within Neutral Good. Still, encouraging others to obey laws and trying to discourage them from disobeying them, might go slightly beyond that.

Edenbeast
2013-02-14, 02:02 PM

I admit there's a tendency towards lawful. But I'm a good person, I cannot stand people acting mean, I cannot be mean. Laws that say begging is a crime, I say it's a fault of the system that these people are homeless in the first place and are forced to beg. I do my best to lead a good life.

Edit: And I give them money so they can buy food, in case you thought I'd pass them without giving anything and only acknowledge the wrongness of the law.

AgentofHellfire
2013-02-14, 02:59 PM
Hah...well, this is somewhat amusing, actually.

My moral code is in most cases in agreement with Tarquin's moral code (except where the whole moronic extremes of punishment are concerned), with a bit of Malack thrown in for good measure. So by OOTS standards, I'm Lawful Evil.

But according to the Wizards test on the matter, I'm Chaotic Good, so...

AgentofHellfire
2013-02-14, 03:02 PM
Let's say Anne had a traumatic experience. Ben (a stranger; Anne doesn't know him) discovers this and decides to comfort her, offering an ear to listen. Anne tells Ben what occurred & Ben comforts her. Anne feels much better. Meanwhile, Ben's motivation is that the story of what happened to Anne excites him. He gets off on it. He doesn't let on about this. Purely by his actions alone, he's comforted and helped this girl. Ben would never cause such a trauma because it's against his morals, and he would stop it from happening if he could, but if it has already happened, he will seek out as many details to the tale as he can, purely for his own enjoyment. The fact that it helps the victim is a nice bonus, but is secondary to his own gratification.

I would say neutral. He certainly isn't getting off at her expense, but he's only incidentally helping her.

Synovia
2013-02-14, 03:12 PM
I admit there's a tendency towards lawful. But I'm a good person, I cannot stand people acting mean, I cannot be mean. Laws that say begging is a crime, I say it's a fault of the system that these people are homeless in the first place and are forced to beg. I do my best to lead a good life.

Edit: And I give them money so they can buy food, in case you thought I'd pass them without giving anything and only acknowledge the wrongness of the law.

I have to restate this: LAW does not mean "the law". You can think certain laws are wrong/unjust/etc, and disobey those laws, and still be lawful. You can think that the current system is terrible, and still be lawful. Law is a preference for order and structure.

Averis Vol
2013-02-14, 03:35 PM
LAW does not equal "the law". A lawful evil villain is going to break laws all the time. He's still lawful.
Law is order. Law is patterned. Law is predictable.

No. A lawful evil villain will abuse the law to gain what he wants, all the while making sure he is doing nothing illegal. Then, when he finally gains the power to change the law, he can make hand cutting off legal Because he has the authority within the law to change the law.

Malrone
2013-02-14, 04:13 PM
No. A lawful evil villain will abuse the law to gain what he wants, all the while making sure he is doing nothing illegal. Then, when he finally gains the power to change the law, he can make hand cutting off legal Because he has the authority within the law to change the law.

This is ONE variety of Lawful Evil. Another would be an assassin that operates completely without regard to the accepted power center, but follows a very rigid system for who he will and will not accept contracts on, and never goes back on a deal (though he will play with the semantics in a pinch).

LAW would be less confusing if it were named ORDER, but would lose some nuance. LAWFUL people seek order, structure. Legality is the easiest, most accessible form of that structure, but it is not the only source. LAW, in the end, does not necessitate Legality, but tends towards it.

Edenbeast
2013-02-14, 04:34 PM
I have to restate this: LAW does not mean "the law". You can think certain laws are wrong/unjust/etc, and disobey those laws, and still be lawful. You can think that the current system is terrible, and still be lawful. Law is a preference for order and structure.

No no. We are going into a discussion that I've had plenty of times. And it's no use since everyone seems to have their own ideas on what alignment says. It's like discussing that sweet apples taste the best. It is actually the primary reason why I ask players to describe their nature and demeanor.
There is a difference on how a person interacts with the outside world and how the person thinks/feels about his environment. The way I've always interpreted alignment is the way the PC or NPC interacts with the world. Alignment pretty much puts a character's nature and demeanor into a single code of LG, true neutral, CN, etc. I find that rather shallow, but that is how I've understood it from adnd 2nd edition. The 2e PHB does contain probably one of the best examples on how the writer thinks that characters of different alignments respond to sharing the loot.
You are right that lawful is a preference for order and structure which can be adherence to a personal code or religious tradition, but it can also be the law of a state. So it can definitely be the law, but not necessarily.
As to why said I'm neutral good: I'm not looking for order and structure in my life. I'm disorganized, bad with deadlines and don't use an agenda. I never make shopping lists. I sometimes make a double appointment and then someone reminds me of it and I have to cancel one. I do respect the laws of my country, I believe for society to function laws are necessary. I prefer democracy. I'm not a rebel to challenge authority, break rules or seek the extremeties. I enjoy helping others.

Thajocoth
2013-02-14, 05:41 PM
After reading various responses to things I've posted: I'm Lawful Neutral.

Seharvepernfan
2013-02-14, 06:23 PM
"Belkar's not committed to Evil in any way- he's totally amoral. It just so happens that in D&D, Amoral = Evil".

I think the Giant made a mistake, then. Belkar isn't amoral, he's heavily immoral, which is what I think the Giant meant. Conan the barbarian is amoral, as is James Bond, and it makes both of them neutral on the good/evil axis.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-14, 08:24 PM
I'd have to say that I am true Neutral; that is to say, I am Amoral.

I believe that when you throw morality into an alignment system, you end up having two sides: those who are amoral, and those who are stuck in the moral/immoral dichotomy.

Amoral people are "Neutral," while people with Morals fall into the "Good/Evil" categories at any given time; Morality is derived from a world-view, and there are so many philosophical, theological, and spiritual worldviews that embodying any one worldview defines you as both "Good" in some world-views and "Evil" in other world-views.

To be honest, when I run campaigns or design modules I just use a home-brewed Alignment Network as opposed to an Alignment Chart; all alignments are relative, and a networks allows for easier comparison and character placement through in-game communities and societies.

True that.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-14, 08:29 PM
I think the alignment system is too rigid and/or simple to be used for real life. For an RPG I actually prefer a player describes the nature and demeanor of his character as it provides me with slightly more info. I do have my interpretation of the alignment system so here goes:

Then the OP. Sleeping with another person, in my opinion, is not on the axis of good and evil. In a society where monogamy is considered the standard, and the person you sleep with is even married, then I don't think that's very lawful, but not evil. However this not the case in your scenario. The fact that you reflect and think that other people may call it evil means you are concerned about your actions. I'd say that's a tendency towards good.
Reading how you feel other people should be free to do whatever they want, is more towards chaotic good. Although you say you wouldn't care what they would do with this freedom, so that's more neutral.
At the beginning you admit you are lazy, again self reflection, and it's a good person to admit to have flaws. I don't think you will do anything about it, so that's another point for chaotic.
You don't like being told no, well me neither, but like me you respect the other person's decision. That's another point for good.
Not using violence because you lack strength, I don't find that a very strong argument. I'm not strong either, I am tough and quick, and can definitely hurt someone if I want to, and otherwise I can use equipment if I'm really out to hurt the other person. You chose not to use violence for a different reason. All in all I'd say you are Chaotic Good.

But i resent Good and think that anyone who is on the side of Good will end up being treated worse then someone who is Evil.

I don't think i can accept this, because i do not feel bad for sleeping with that friend of mine matter of fact i would do it again. Now unless there's another Chaotic Good type that you know of that i don't?

I think either Chaotic Neutral leaning Good or Chaotic Good with more of a chaotic lean would make more sense.

Period and i'm right.

Razanir
2013-02-14, 08:32 PM
I actually took a personality test for this once and got Lawful Neutral. It really does make sense. I'm the type of person who likes order. I also don't do anything evil, but at the same time I don't tend to go out of my way to help others.

However, going by morals, I'm certainly Lawful GOOD

bbgenderless100
2013-02-14, 08:57 PM
I actually took a personality test for this once and got Lawful Neutral. It really does make sense. I'm the type of person who likes order. I also don't do anything evil, but at the same time I don't tend to go out of my way to help others.

However, going by morals, I'm certainly Lawful GOOD

Probably, now about the OP?

bbgenderless100
2013-02-14, 09:09 PM
We all wear masks, as it were, so there's nothing evil about that as long as you're not faking people out to get ahead, just to get by, you're neutral here.

The thing about letting your mom think you forgave her, even though you didn't, is neutral.

The selling of the gift after promising not to is evil. The exact nature of your relationship to the gift-giver isn't important only that the person trusted you and you betrayed that trust, however minor a betrayal it may have been.

Also, you may want to highlight your responses in the text block there by bolding or underlining them, or at least putting in paragraph breaks to seperate them from what I said.

True Neutral? or Chaotic Neutral?

Edenbeast
2013-02-14, 09:15 PM
But i resent Good and think that anyone who is on the side of Good will end up being treated worse then someone who is Evil.

That depends on the situation. And I'm not sure to what you are referring. There's lots of good people leading a normal happy life who never see anything evil unless on TV. And I may be good, but I'm not naive.

I don't think i can accept this, because i do not feel bad for sleeping with that friend of mine matter of fact i would do it again. Now unless there's another Chaotic Good type that you know of that i don't?

I'm neutral good, but I don't believe in monogamy. Marriage is an institute invented by the church that I find totally unecessary in these modern times. We have more in common with bonobos than we think and we can sleep with whoever we want.

I think either Chaotic Neutral leaning Good or Chaotic Good with more of a chaotic lean would make more sense.
You know best, not us. You asked our opinion based on what you wrote.

Period and i'm right.
Yup. But then why did you ask in the first place?

bbgenderless100
2013-02-14, 09:20 PM
That depends on the situation. And I'm not sure to what you are referring. There's lots of good people leading a normal happy life who never see anything evil unless on TV. And I may be good, but I'm not naive.

I'm neutral good, but I don't believe in monogamy. Marriage is an institute invented by the church that I find totally unecessary in these modern times. We have more in common with bonobos than we think and we can sleep with whoever we want.

You know best, not us. You asked our opinion based on what you wrote.

Yup. But then why did you ask in the first place?

1.Who's to say whether you are or aren't.

2.Probably.

3.Yes i did, you said your opinion and when i looked at it it didn't add up. I still don't quite get how you got good.

4.Attention and lots of it, because i adore it.

Stubbazubba
2013-02-14, 10:39 PM
4.Attention and lots of it, because i adore it.

Never would have guessed.

I don't think i can accept this, because i do not feel bad for sleeping with that friend of mine matter of fact i would do it again.

Your fixation on your feelings towards the situation and conscious disregard and frustration about his/his lover's spells evil to me. Underlined portion says you are clearly OK knowingly causing complications and heartache for others (and not just strangers, but people you know well enough to sleep with) to achieve your desires. The fact that you feel that that's justified for whatever reason is irrelevant, as D&D's morality is objective.

All your examples share this pattern, but that's a fairly limited sample of all of your behaviors. Just based on what you've said, and your behavior in this thread, I can most confidently say Chaotic Evil, but I could be convinced of Chaotic Neutral with more evidence.

This probably won't come as a surprise, but I see myself as Lawful Good, though I could see Lawful Neutral, as well. I do give to the poor and charitable causes, I sacrifice what I want for others often but not constantly, I live in accordance with strict codes with very few exceptions, and those I regret, I generally side with the system, but I adamantly push for reform when I feel its needed, and though I also struggle with schedules and deadlines, I still see them as important and necessary for personal achievement and satisfaction, and look back on my life and see that when I was best at those things I felt best about my life.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-14, 11:52 PM
Never would have guessed.

Your fixation on your feelings towards the situation and conscious disregard and frustration about his/his lover's spells evil to me. Underlined portion says you are clearly OK knowingly causing complications and heartache for others (and not just strangers, but people you know well enough to sleep with) to achieve your desires. The fact that you feel that that's justified for whatever reason is irrelevant, as D&D's morality is objective.

All your examples share this pattern, but that's a fairly limited sample of all of your behaviors. Just based on what you've said, and your behavior in this thread, I can most confidently say Chaotic Evil, but I could be convinced of Chaotic Neutral with more evidence.

This probably won't come as a surprise, but I see myself as Lawful Good, though I could see Lawful Neutral, as well. I do give to the poor and charitable causes, I sacrifice what I want for others often but not constantly, I live in accordance with strict codes with very few exceptions, and those I regret, I generally side with the system, but I adamantly push for reform when I feel its needed, and though I also struggle with schedules and deadlines, I still see them as important and necessary for personal achievement and satisfaction, and look back on my life and see that when I was best at those things I felt best about my life.

1.:smalltongue:

2.I just want to be free to do whatever i want, whenever i want without having to committ to either Good or Bad.

3.Sounds more like Lawful Neutral with Good leanings to me.

TuggyNE
2013-02-15, 01:35 AM
2.I just want to be free to do whatever i want, whenever i want without having to committ to either Good or Bad.

For what it's worth, that's never characteristic of D&D Good, although it can be characteristic of either (moral) Neutral or Evil.

Stubbazubba
2013-02-15, 02:36 AM
The Lawful response is this: You are evidently free to choose your actions, you just can't choose the consequences of actions. So when you choose an action, you are also choosing responsibility for its consequence. When chaotic types say they want to be able to do whatever they want, well, they are, but what they mean (as far as the Lawful perspective is concerned) is they want to be able to do whatever they want without being responsible for the associated consequences, and that rubs us Lawful types the wrong way, for obvious reasons.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-15, 04:31 AM
The Lawful response is this: You are evidently free to choose your actions, you just can't choose the consequences of actions. So when you choose an action, you are also choosing responsibility for its consequence. When chaotic types say they want to be able to do whatever they want, well, they are, but what they mean (as far as the Lawful perspective is concerned) is they want to be able to do whatever they want without being responsible for the associated consequences, and that rubs us Lawful types the wrong way, for obvious reasons.

? that doesn't answer if that was the "evidence" you needed to determine if CE was your final answer or if i would move upstairs to CN.
:smalltongue:

bbgenderless100
2013-02-15, 04:32 AM
For what it's worth, that's never characteristic of D&D Good, although it can be characteristic of either (moral) Neutral or Evil.

That's exactly what i thought in the first place.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-15, 04:37 AM
PHB p104:

BoED page 12, on NG:

"Legislating morality sometimes works, and is good as far as it goes. When good societies begin legislating every detail of their citizens' lives, however, passing laws that have no bearing on good and evil, the neutral good citizens grow impatient. They support law when it promotes good, but not law for its own sake. Similarly, they like the idea of personal freedom, but they're not sure everyone should have it- too much freedom gives evildoers too much room to prosper."

Alright Mr knowledge Fountain, spread some.

Where would the OP fall under?

hamishspence
2013-02-15, 04:46 AM
I think the Giant made a mistake, then. Belkar isn't amoral, he's heavily immoral, which is what I think the Giant meant. Conan the barbarian is amoral, as is James Bond, and it makes both of them neutral on the good/evil axis.
Conan has his own moral code- it's just not the same as the average person's. And I've seen arguments that he could be CE rather than CN.

"Amoral" strictly means having no moral code at all.

Alright Mr knowledge Fountain, spread some.

Where would the OP fall under?

I'd say Neutral, maybe Chaotic Neutral- it takes a pattern of Evil behaviour to make an Evil character.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-15, 04:56 AM
Conan has his own moral code- it's just not the same as the average person's. And I've seen arguments that he could be CE rather than CN.

"Amoral" strictly means having no moral code at all.

I'd say Neutral, maybe Chaotic Neutral- it takes a pattern of Evil behaviour to make an Evil character.

Okay.

Neutral,maybe Chaotic Neutral. What is this based on?

hamishspence
2013-02-15, 04:58 AM
Lack of pattern of good deeds (Neutral) - distrust of potential oppressors and very keen on freedom in general- Chaotic.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-15, 05:03 AM
Lack of pattern of good deeds (Neutral) - distrust of potential oppressors and very keen on freedom in general- Chaotic.

So Chaotic Neutral then?

hamishspence
2013-02-15, 05:53 AM
Unless more evidence turns up.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-15, 06:01 AM
:smallredface::smallmad::smallfurious::smallcool:: smallyuk:
Unless more evidence turns up.

K. :smallannoyed::smallsmile::smallamused::smallsigh:

Sith_Happens
2013-02-15, 08:10 AM
I'm not going to try to seriously analyze myself, but I once took three different alignment quizzes (including the official Wizards one) that all turned up Lawful Neutral, so let's go with that. The description matches up well enough.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-15, 08:44 AM
I'm not going to try to seriously analyze myself, but I once took three different alignment quizzes (including the official Wizards one) that all turned up Lawful Neutral, so let's go with that. The description matches up well enough.

Which Alignment seems to match up well enough with the OP?

Edenbeast
2013-02-15, 09:13 AM
Which Alignment seems to match up well enough with the OP?

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b

Kelb_Panthera
2013-02-15, 11:13 AM

Intention matters. Since his comforting her is incidental to his intentions it's morally neutral; no question.

I would say neutral. He certainly isn't getting off at her expense, but he's only incidentally helping her.^agreed.

True Neutral? or Chaotic Neutral?

Which act are you asking about?
Like I said before, -you- are CE, close to CN. I was simply clarifying the actions that I said could go one way or another depending on details that were unclear.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-15, 06:15 PM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b

Okay? um:Your Character’s Alignment

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Chaotic Neutral.

Chaotic Neutral

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.

Here was the results, it was not Chaotic Good like you had originally said Edenbeast does this shock you? or was this your second guess? what was your second guess if it wasn't this?

Edenbeast
2013-02-15, 07:57 PM
Okay? um:Your Character’s Alignment

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Chaotic Neutral.

Chaotic Neutral

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.

Here was the results, it was not Chaotic Good like you had originally said Edenbeast does this shock you? or was this your second guess? what was your second guess if it wasn't this?

My initial gut feeling was chaotic neutral, and then I started analysing. I've never been good at analysing I guess.

Razanir
2013-02-16, 09:47 AM
@bbgenderless100 Out of question, why are you insisting on everyone assessing your own alignment by the evidence presented in the OP? The question in the OP and in the thread title was what are WE, not what are YOU

SowZ
2013-02-16, 02:52 PM
Here's a description of me. If it seems political, it is not at all to debate the issues and I won't engage anyone on it either way. It is just to get my mind-set out there.

So I think I'm fairly helpful, (people can count on me for rides if they need one and such,) but I feel that since I was given a car by my parents as a graduation present that I should use that to be helpful to people who didn't get that. Same with money, I have a fortunate enough situation that gives me a little extra money so I will give to street people.

Emotionally, I'm not super connected. I don't feel a lot of empathy with people, though I try to be sensitive to them. In any personality test, I'm always about 90% thinking 10% feeling. So there's that. So I'm pretty methodical and calculating about things. Some might think that makes me manipulative or unfeeling, maybe?

I sincerely like people. There are few people I dislike. Though I do think that people who have no care to be a good person, people I think are truly evil, (say a human trafficker,) should all just die. And I feel strongly in people being punished for what they do. If you were an SS nazi and have lived a peaceful life hiding out in Brazil for sixty years, I would still send you back to the Polish or French or whomever you most wronged to be tried.

I believe in a world without political borders. Not true anarchy, but much closer to it. I respect police and military, etc., but think that government is largely based on violence and territory and don't like it. Despite that, I try to follow the law, don't like illegal downloading, do what policemen and such say, etc. I'd drink an occasional beer under 21.

I don't like violence, but I will fight if someone attacks me or a friend or something. I ran away from a fight once and felt bad enough about it I wouldn't afterwards. As an adult I've never been in a fight, though. I would definitely try and defuse the situation nowadays as to not risk a mutual assault charge. I'd still fight if someone attacked me or someone else, though. I'm mostly talking about school days.

I am religious, though I won't say what. I'm in the arts, (writing.) But I've worked my whole life, mostly labor jobs. I'm fairly responsible with money. I organize my friend groups a decent amount. I am usually the DM in games and such.

Alrighty. What would ya'll guess about me? And then I can help with someone else. (:

bbgenderless100
2013-02-16, 03:02 PM
Here's a description of me. If it seems political, it is not at all to debate the issues and I won't engage anyone on it either way. It is just to get my mind-set out there.

So I think I'm fairly helpful, (people can count on me for rides if they need one and such,) but I feel that since I was given a car by my parents as a graduation present that I should use that to be helpful to people who didn't get that. Same with money, I have a fortunate enough situation that gives me a little extra money so I will give to street people.

Emotionally, I'm not super connected. I don't feel a lot of empathy with people, though I try to be sensitive to them. In any personality test, I'm always about 90% thinking 10% feeling. So there's that. So I'm pretty methodical and calculating about things. Some might think that makes me manipulative or unfeeling, maybe?

I sincerely like people. There are few people I dislike. Though I do think that people who have no care to be a good person, people I think are truly evil, (say a human trafficker,) should all just die. And I feel strongly in people being punished for what they do. If you were an SS nazi and have lived a peaceful life hiding out in Brazil for sixty years, I would still send you back to the Polish or French or whomever you most wronged to be tried.

I believe in a world without political borders. Not true anarchy, but much closer to it. I respect police and military, etc., but think that government is largely based on violence and territory and don't like it. Despite that, I try to follow the law, don't like illegal downloading, do what policemen and such say, etc. I'd drink an occasional beer under 21.

I don't like violence, but I will fight if someone attacks me or a friend or something. I ran away from a fight once and felt bad enough about it I wouldn't afterwards. As an adult I've never been in a fight, though. I would definitely try and defuse the situation nowadays as to not risk a mutual assault charge. I'd still fight if someone attacked me or someone else, though. I'm mostly talking about school days.

I am religious, though I won't say what. I'm in the arts, (writing.) But I've worked my whole life, mostly labor jobs. I'm fairly responsible with money. I organize my friend groups a decent amount. I am usually the DM in games and such.

Alrighty. What would ya'll guess about me? And then I can help with someone else. (:

Based on everything you've wrote here, i'm gonna go with Neutral Good. So which alignment do you think the OP is?

SilverLeaf167
2013-02-16, 03:38 PM
It's not that question anymore so..

I'm gonna guess you think i'm Chaotic Evil like everyone else has said.

And Lawful Good is definitely the right alignment for you.
Are you seriously assuming he considers you Chaotic Evil and is Lawful Good himself just because he briefly mentioned how ridiculous your behavior really is getting (in this thread, that is, no comment on your life), or was that just a thinly veiled insult for no real reason?

And no, I don't really have anything to add about the OP.

SowZ
2013-02-16, 03:52 PM
Based on everything you've wrote here, i'm gonna go with Neutral Good. So which alignment do you think the OP is?

Sounds like CN.

bbgenderless100
2013-02-16, 07:48 PM
Sounds like CN.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TuggyNE
2013-02-16, 07:51 PM
Here's a description of me. If it seems political, it is not at all to debate the issues and I won't engage anyone on it either way. It is just to get my mind-set out there.[...]

True Neutral, Lawful Neutral, or Lawful Good, based on what you've said.