PDA

View Full Version : new races (I will add some of my own but I take requests)

inuyasha
2013-02-11, 10:46 PM
Hi, I know I do a lot of stuff like this but now I have a thread for races, I make custom races, I will be posting 'em here, and I also take requests. This is for a campaign I made a while back based on adventure time, its pretty much dead but feel free to make tweaks and changes if you wish. And yes I know some things should be different types but I kept them as humanoids just for simplicity. (the one I really want tweaks on is the lumpy space person)

Hyooman:
Medium size: Hyoomans get no special bonuses or penalties because of size
Speed 30ft.
+2 con -2 Int -2 Cha Hyoomans are tough but aren’t very smart or good at interacting with people
Darkvision 60ft.
+2 racial bonus on attack roles against aberrations, Hyoomans are afraid of anything even remotely like the lubglubs that conquered their land
Water breathing:
Hyoomans can breathe water just as well as air
Fire vulnerability
Fire dries up Hyoomans quickly, they take 1.5 times as much damage from fire

Candy kingdom citizen:
Choose hard candy (like peppermint butler or old starchy) or soft candy (like cinnamon bun or Mr. cupcake)
Hard candy:
Small Size: get a +1 bonus to attack and armor class
Speed 20ft
+2 con -2 wisdom hard candies are tough but cocky
DR 3/--
Melty:
Hard candies are easy to melt, they take double damage from fire
Gnaw
Hard candies can be vicious, and get a weak bite attack dealing 1d4 damage +strength bonus
Soft candy:
Medium size
Speed 30ft.
+2 Str -2 intelligence or wisdom, soft candies are strong, but some aren’t bright (cinnamon bun) some are a little cocky (Mr. Cupcake)
Lowlight vision
Punch
Soft candies can actually punch pretty hard, they get one slam attack dealing 1d6

Fire kingdom elemental:
Medium size
Speed 30ft.
+2 charisma -2 strength
Flamethrower:
Once per day fire elementals can create a 30 foot line of fire dealing 3d6 fire damage to everyone within the line, a reflex save DC 17 halves the damage
Super bright:
Create an effect equal to a light spell constantly as your body is engulfed in flame, cannot be shut off. Take a -8 penalty on hide and move silently checks from the light and crackling of the fire.
Fire immunity
Special: A flame elemental sorcerer or wizard that takes the improved familiar feat can have a flambo

Penguin of the ice kingdom:
Speed 20ft.
Small size: penguins have a +1 to attack and armor class
+2 dexterity -2 strength penguins are fast but weak
Slap:
Penguins have 2 slam attacks dealing 1d4 damage
Cold resistance 10
Armor restriction:
A penguin cannot use medium or heavy armor unless it is specially crafted for double the cost

Vampire:
Medium size
+2 con, -2 wisdom
Speeds 30ft fly 20ft (good)
Bite:
Vampires can bite dealing 1d4 damage
Blood drain:
Whenever a vampire hits with their bite attack they regain a number of hit points equal to the amount they dealt, also if they bite something red, it turns grey-white
Sunlight vulnerability:
Vampires take 2d8 damage every round they are in sunlight

Lemonoid
Medium size
Speed: 30ft.
+4 intelligence -4 charisma, lemonoids are genius, but very antisocial
Essence:
A number of times per day equal to the lemonoids con modifier, a lemonoid can shoot a cloud of its lemony sour essence, this creates a cloud of gas up to 10 feet away that deals 2d6 damage to anyone in the square, the essence cloud lasts for 2 rounds
Bite:
Lemonoids have an expanding jaw, allowing them to bite dealing 1d6 points of damage
Antisocial:
Lemonoids have a -8 penalty to diplomacy checks with anyone who isn’t a lemonoid
Lowlight vision
Darkvision 60ft
DR 2/-- lemonoids citrusy body is tough, giving it damage reduction

Lumpy space person
Small size: +1 attack +1 armor class
+2 dex -4 wisdom
Speed fly 30ft average, only able to go short distances off the ground
Bite:
Lumpy space people can bite people, dealing 1d4 points of damage (+strength modifier) and poison
Poison:
A person bitten by a lumpy space person must make a fortitude save (DC 10+the lumpy space persons con modifier +1/2 the lumpy space persons hit dice). If they fail the save they take 1d4 dexterity damage, and an additional 1d4 every hour for the next six hours, they get a fortitude save every hour to end the effect. If the target reaches 0 Dexterity they are immediately restored to full dexterity and their race changes to lumpy space person

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-02-11, 10:57 PM
Frogger.

Strange, damp cave-dwelling creature, looks like Gollum crossed with a frog. Capable of climbing on walls and ceilings. Excellent with poisons, particularly psychedelic mushrooms and fungi.

Angels.

Completely non-divine mountainous race. Super-vikings with wings. Cannot actually fly without nigh-impossible strength checks, but can jump and glide well.

inuyasha
2013-02-11, 11:04 PM
hmm ok :D
also, thoughts on the existing races?
Ok heres the angels

Angels
Angels are a tall, strong mountainous race that has large birdlike wings, they cannot fly but they can jump very well. Males often have thick beards and women are always in charge of the household.
Medium size: Angels have no bonuses and penalties for size
Speed: 30ft
+2 Strength -2 Charisma, Angels are strong but are tough and gruff
Armor restriction:
Angels must get armor specially crafted for them (double the cost) because of their wings
+6 on jump checks, angels cannot fly but their wings help them jump
Favored class: barbarian

Froggers
Froggers are a short, froglike subterranean race that feed on small fish and short mushrooms/plants they grow (which are toxic to other races). They also are great with poisons, coating their blades with poison they have created
Small size: +1 to attack and armor class
Speed: 20ft
+2 Con -2 charisma Froggers are tough but ugly
Slippery skin:
Froggers have a +2 to escape artist checks due to their slippery skin
Poison use:
Froggers can use poison with no risk of poisoning themselves
Poison resistance:
Due to constant exposure to poison, Froggers have a +4 to saves vs. poison
Wet skin:
Fire causes Froggers skin to dry out quickly, they take double damage from it.

Poisons
the froggers use a majority of poisons, some grown, some made.
Blind insanity mushrooms
injested poison
DC: 16
Primary: blindness 1d6 minutes
Secondary: 2d6 wisdom madness
Cost: 80GP per dose

sengmeng
2013-02-12, 10:18 AM
http://nyskora.pbworks.com/w/page/7778020/Heethir

If you could stat out these guys, I'd appreciate it. They should be naturally psionic, with a way to give them good synergy with being multiclass monk/manifesters, and crunch related to their "live without tools" fluff. LA +0 would be ideal, but up to +2 would make sense.

Jormengand
2013-02-12, 12:18 PM
Hmm. Make a half-dragon template that someone might actually want to play.

inuyasha
2013-02-12, 12:46 PM
by the way just to throw this out there, I create races of up to LA 4 and from size tiny to huge, those are pretty much my only limitations, unless you really want something outside of that box then I will see what I can do. and also how are your angels and froggers freakycheese?

Hmm. Make a half-dragon template that someone might actually want to play.
are you thinking template or do you want a race with dragon ancestors

inuyasha
2013-02-12, 06:10 PM
hmm thinking on how to do the psi elf...almost got it figured out but not quite

Zale
2013-02-12, 11:55 PM
Love the Adventure Time races.

inuyasha
2013-02-12, 11:56 PM
thanks :D are there any important ones Im missing and do you think tweaks need to be made to them?