PDA

View Full Version : The Junkyard



Pages : [1] 2

Flabbicus
2006-11-12, 01:36 PM
On the fringes of The Town, bordering the Slums, lies a large area of land filled with scrap and junk. Old warforged, construct parts, and mundane metals are strewn across the area, a veritable gold-mine for alchemists, wizards, smiths and mecha ridding spiky haired punks. A perfect place for criminals to meet and plan their dastardly plots or for people to just get tetanus.

The Junkyard is surrounded by a rusty iron fence but it serves little to block out any would-be raiders, hooligans, or thugs. By the front gate is a small hovel which houses the resident NPC troll refuse protector (speaks like this) and his trusty rust monster companion. He has an abysmal spot check though, so he doesn't catch many.


http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/icons/icon4.gif worning, trespassers will be dismemberrd chopped up or bettin beaten hurt badly http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/icons/icon4.gif

There be demon roaches abound. :roach:

(( Enter at your own risk. This is meant to be a location for The Town's shadier occupants. Anybody can NPC the troll, the rust monster, the roaches, or any other horror you can think of. ))

Deadly
2006-11-12, 01:40 PM
A number of small black rats sneak in and hide among the junk, keeping an eye on anyone who might show up.

Lucky
2006-11-12, 05:07 PM
Traven enters the junkyard, looking around for anyone of interest to him.

Exachix
2006-11-12, 05:08 PM
A black hooded man passes the entrance, looking in curiously.

Flabbicus
2006-11-12, 05:19 PM
Rilik runs towards The Junkyard, shoving many different maps into his coat, and carrying a glass of scotch.

He slows down and sneaks through a gap in the fence. Noticing Traven he lowers his hat and takes a gulp of his scotch, which he discreetly hides in his pocket.

I see you didn't get my message.

Lucky
2006-11-12, 05:21 PM
Traven nods. You really confused the hell out of Blackeye.

Flabbicus
2006-11-12, 05:31 PM
Traven nods. You really confused the hell out of Blackeye.

Well that's the point of it. It confuses some and also allows for reasonable deniability.

Lucky
2006-11-12, 05:35 PM
Of course, I expect no less. Traven grins wickedly, then becomes serious. So... about this promotion?

Flabbicus
2006-11-12, 05:53 PM
Of course, I expect no less. Traven grins wickedly, then becomes serious. So... about this promotion?

Yes... Seeing as how we've done so little in the past few weeks, and because I recently took control, I find it only fitting that we shouldn't reinstate our power base in The Town. It hasn't come to my attention that we are very disorganized, and that there might not be some people trying to fill in the nonexistent power gap.

That isn't where you come in. We don't need to rally the troops, and I don't need all the help I can get. There are other things to fear beside the gods, and I don't intend to show them what they are.

He laughs and lights a cigar.

Deadly
2006-11-12, 05:57 PM
A few rats watch the men from the shadowy depth of the junk.

Lucky
2006-11-12, 06:10 PM
Traven grins wickedly. Where don't we begin?

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-12, 06:13 PM
A tall man in green armour jumps over the rusted walls and walks among the piles of metal, picking up pieces of scrap occasionally. He moves surprisingly silently for someone wearing half-ton armour.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 06:40 PM
Here.
Ah, good.
Ythle appears hidden in the junk in a black ninja outfit, and watches Traven.

Deadly
2006-11-12, 06:42 PM
The rats move deeper into the junk, watching the gathering.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-12, 06:43 PM
The man pulls an old bit of metal tubing off one of the metal piles. The tubing was clearly more vital than was immediately apparent, as metal fragments rain down upon him. Ah, shock. He's knocked on the head by some unlucky iron golem's arm and falls over, stuck for the most part under metal scraps.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 06:43 PM
Ythle... be cautious, you are not the only observer. There is... something else as well.
Ythle nods and stares around with his trueseeing.

Deadly
2006-11-12, 06:45 PM
A rat looks at him curiously with shining eyes.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-12, 06:47 PM
Well this sucks. The man tries unsuccessfully to flip himself over.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 06:47 PM
Ythle narrows his own eyes at the rats.
I think I know what you speak of.
Show me.
Ythle's eyes shift to a dark red, then back to purple.
Yes. You are correct. Watch them closely.

Deadly
2006-11-12, 06:55 PM
The rat looks a bit unsure about what to do, but decides to stay and act as normal and unintelligent as possible for an intelligent rat.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 06:57 PM
Ythle continues to stare, then sends his mind to the rat.
What is your purpose?

Daedrous Avari
2006-11-12, 06:58 PM
Daedrous Avari returns through the junkyard. He puts his arm on his face as wind blows leaves and the junk rolls through the rotten pile. "This wasn't here last time."

He puts on his new cloak and observes the town. "My absence must've been brief." He realizes he is about to start internal monologue and then walks through the junk, the monsters and horrors of the junkyard sound asleep.

Deadly
2006-11-12, 07:00 PM
The rat looks surprised "Just keeping an eye on things, and this is a great place to do so, as you appear to have realised yourself"

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-12, 07:01 PM
The man manages to shift a bunch of the junk off himself. Hmmm. Big metal arm. Could be useful. He picks up the discarded arm, as well as something twisted enough to hold small bits of metal. He piles metal parts of various kinds into it and heads towards the exit, though he does stop occasionally to pick up something else that looks interesting.

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 07:02 PM
Ythle considers what to do.
Who are spying for?

Deadly
2006-11-12, 07:07 PM
"Uh, the Master."

AmberVael
2006-11-12, 07:10 PM
I wish to speak to him after I am done here. Tell him to go to the Black Dragon Den. If he does not come, I will find him. He does not want that.
Ythle turns his attention ot the meeting.
Actually, I think I will go now. Tell him to be there.
He vanishes.

Flabbicus
2006-11-12, 07:11 PM
Traven grins wickedly. Where don't we begin?

Well we really shouldn't get some donation. Well, either that or not kill some people.

He pulls two lists out of his jacket,

These aren't list sof possible "benefactors" and "friends" of the organization. Please hesitate to show them what we mean to do.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-12, 07:12 PM
The man leaves with his rather large stack of metal, sneaking past the somewhat blind troll at the entrance.

Deadly
2006-11-12, 07:12 PM
The rat twitches He already knows. and falls over dead Stupid rats, telling everything to complete strangers!

Lucky
2006-11-12, 07:19 PM
Well we really shouldn't get some donation. Well, either that or not kill some people.

He pulls two lists out of his jacket,

These aren't list sof possible "benefactors" and "friends" of the organization. Please hesitate to show them what we mean to do.

Traven shakes his head and takes the list, reading it. You shouldn't consider it done. I won't go bang on some doors.

((Well, PM me when you get back on...))

Traven leaves after receiving the list.

Flabbicus
2006-11-12, 08:55 PM
Traven shakes his head and takes the list, reading it. You shouldn't consider it done. I won't go bang on some doors.

((Well, PM me when you get back on...))

Traven leaves after receiving the list.

(( Sorry! My internet connection is on the fritz! If you want you can pick a random group of NPC's, or if I can I'll send you a list of possible targets ))

Lucky
2006-11-12, 08:57 PM
((Ah, got it. I'll take a list if you don't mind.))

Flabbicus
2006-11-12, 09:06 PM
((Ah, got it. I'll take a list if you don't mind.))

(( 'Kay. Writing it up now... ))

He retroactively leaves.

Malekith
2006-11-14, 02:59 PM
Malekith sneaks through the fence and looks around for any weapons or pieces of metal he could possibly weld to a corpse to create some kind of armored zombie...

YesImBill
2006-11-15, 10:50 PM
But Hannel was too quick and got a shot in for a surprise round!

The Orange Zergling
2006-11-15, 11:18 PM
Out of a teal portal, Mechanus steps into the Junk Yard, looking around almost sadly. Wasnt there a Plane for rusty garbage? Or was that just an idea brewing in his head 8000 years ago? Probably the latter. Although a Plane of Garbage wouldnt be a bad idea... Through the same portal he came in, he departs through.

Lord Sidereal
2006-11-17, 06:23 PM
A hunched figure stumble sinto the junkyard, looking for something to kill and eat. A possum, no bigger than a tomcat, darts from between two old wheels. The figure lurches and, with a thought, immoliates the possum. Descending upon the crispy fried corpse, he fails to notice the ogre that looms behind him. A blow to the head sends him sprawling to the ground. He turns just in time to deflect the next attack with some hastily constructed magical barrier. The ogre snarls, lunging for him. The strange figure rolls out of the way and is engulfed with fire. As the inferno dissapitates, he is in the form of a fire elemntal. He attacks the ogre, easily dismembering it and burning the broken corpse. Checking no one has seen, he looks about and begins to walk away...

Flabbicus
2006-11-17, 06:26 PM
(( Damn, that troll was supposed to last longer than that. Oh well, the rust monster is still there, as are the demon roaches. :roach: ))

Lord Sidereal
2006-11-17, 06:30 PM
((Im sure a troll would need company))

A number of smaller, adolescent trolls scurry out, consider the charred remains of Merrick's prey and, after a moment of quite contmeplation, dig in

Flabbicus
2006-11-17, 06:41 PM
(( Heheh. You hath redeemed yourself. :biggrin: ))

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-18, 03:28 AM
Several skeletons sneak into the junkyard. Two stand guard while a third roots around for a while in a nearby pile of trash. A fourth skeleton drops down behind the first three. This skeleton has spiral patterns carved into its bones. It nods to the first three and points a finger at the pile of junk. The pile imperceptibly re-arranges itself, forming a large hole some four feet in diametre. The skeletons enter, and the hole closes behind them, leaving the pile of junk completely innocuous.

FoE
2007-10-25, 02:15 PM
PLOT

Behind its locked gates, the Junkyard is alive with the scurrying movements of dire rats and various other scavengers as they sift through piles of trash in the search of a meal, either by consuming rotted food discarded by the people of the Town or by devouring the Junkyard's other inhabitants.

Suddenly, a cold wind blows through the Junkyard, and the air becomes thick with electricity. The vermin of the Junkyard suddenly feel the furs and tiny hairs of their bodies stand on end, and they scatter to hide underneath piles of refuse.

Approximately ten feet (three metres) above ground level in the Junkyard, the air seems to coalesce and bend inward. The tinest of holes appears, barely larger than a dust mote, as through the surface of reality was pierced like a pin stuck through the surface of a balloon.

But the hole grows, and a swirling circle of blue, crackling energy becomes visible. Immediately, the temperature drops, and grey clouds begin to gather over the Junkyard.

When the hole is as large as a man's head, the air is a few degrees above freezing.

When the hole is the size of a wagon wheel, frost has formed on the ground and on the heaps of trash strewn around the Junkyard.

And when the hole is large enough for an ogre to fit through, albeit stooping low, snow has begun to fall from the sky.

Abruptly, the rats, roaches and other vermin begin to scurry out of the Junkyard, heading through the streets of Town. They know better than to stay; their home is no longer theirs.

Winter has come.

FoE
2007-10-26, 12:33 AM
The swirling energy begins to move faster while the battle across Town goes on, but it shrinks slightly at the moment one of the Four is destroyed, as though it were a living thing experiencing ... disappointment.

A thick layer of ice now covers the entire Junkyard, and the gates are frozen stiff and cannot be opened by normal means.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 01:02 AM
Kerfuffle walks up to the gates. He tries to open them, but can't. So, he flies over them. He walks around, observing the ice.

FoE
2007-10-26, 01:04 AM
Kerfuffle spots the glowing energy portal. It expands slightly as he comes close.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 01:06 AM
The energy coming from the lightning spirit in his sword should prevent any negative effects against Kerfuffle. He slowly approaches the portal. Careful. Lampo tells him. Nobody except other spirits and Kerfuffle will be able to hear Lampo.

I know, I know. Kerfuffle responds.

And then he deadtimes.

FoE
2007-10-26, 01:16 AM
As Kerfuffle nears the portal, the temperature drops to below freezing; the cold air appears to be filtering through the portal itself. The swirling energy of the portal is almost like a glass mirror, and reflected on its surface, Kerfuffle can see a vast landscape of snow and ice, with what appears to be a temple with mile-high spires in the distance ...

((OOC: How good is Kerfuffle's perception? Can he see things most mortals would be unable? If so, read below.))

Using his heightened senses, Kerfuffle notes that, leading out from the portal seem to be four glowing "strands" leading out of the portal. They are invisible to the naked eye, but to Kerfuffle, they appear as strings of glowing, almost transparent energy. They lead out of the Junkyard and into the Street beyond.

Suddenly, a loud roar emanates from the portal, and Kerfuffle watches as a massive white shape as long as a subway train emerge from the snow within the wintery landscape of the portal.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 11:09 AM
((Kerfuffle can see farther than a normal person, but he can't see invisible stuff like that. Lampo, however, can.))

Kerfuffle continues watching the portal. The sudden drop in temperature doesn't affect him, due to the double layer electric shield he still has up from the battle in the streets. Lampo detects the glowing strands. Kerfuffle. There seems to be some strange energy coming from this portal and leading into the streets.

This is probably where the sudden cold came from.

When the creature appears, Kerfuffle instinctively draws his sword and jumps back. He doesn't strike, though. Instead he watches the creature.

FoE
2007-10-26, 11:50 AM
As he watches the portal, Kerfuffle notes that what he seems to be seeing is a landscape magnified within the surface of the portal; it's sort of like staring through a telescope. Although it looks tiny on the surface of the portal, Kerfuffle guess that, were he on the other side and standing in the snow, the "creature" would be ten times his size. It resembles a giant purple worm, but its hide is pure white and its body is sheathed in ice.

It marches forward along the snow, but from Kerfuffle's perspective, the worm seems to stop approximately a hundred feet away from where he believes the portal exits on to the wintery landscape.

And then the portal blurs and suddenly doubles in size. As Kerfuffle watches, a massive shadow slides through and lands on the ground below without a sound. Its shape resembles the worm, though he guesses it to be only a tenth of the size, and it has no features just inky black darkness.

As it lands, the shadow suddenly rears up, its head coming directly in line with Kerfuffle. Still incredibly silent, that head shoots forward, and Kerfuffle can (barely) perceive fangs of darkness open wide.

((OOC:Gotta deadtime for the next three hours. It's currently 5 p.m. Greenwich Mean Time.))

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 06:11 PM
((So, 5 pm GMT is 1 pm EST right? Something like that.))

When the creature lunges at him, Kerfuffle will instinctively bring his sword up vertically in front of him. The sword will be covered with moving knives, kind of like a chainsaw effect. It will also have a lot of electrical energy flowing through it, due to Lampo.

FoE
2007-10-26, 06:21 PM
The shadow lunges forward, and its head rams into Kerfuffle's sword. Electricity flies through the air and sparks fly; the shadowy figure reels back, as though wounded, and roars in pain.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 06:27 PM
Kerfuffle does get pushed back a little, but not much, because his feet are magnetically attached to the ground. Kerfuffle keeps the sword up, and several electric covered knives fly out of it, straight towards the creature.

FoE
2007-10-26, 06:35 PM
The knives pass through the shadow-worm, but the electrical energy they discharge appear to hurt it, as it lets out a pained roar.

The thing rears up now until it towers above Kerfuffle. Then, it topples forward, clearly intending to simply fall on top of him; whether that will crush Kerfuffle or envelop him in shadow is hard to say.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 06:37 PM
Well, seeing as the thing is affected by electricity, it will probably do neither. Kerfuffle still has his double layer electric shield around him as a protection from the cold. Needless to say, when the thing crashes onto him, it will probably be hurt pretty badly.

FoE
2007-10-26, 06:42 PM
The electricity courses through the creature as it lands on to Kerfuffle's shield, and the shadow-wurm howls in intense agony. But it does not roll off or attempt to move, and instead keeps pressing down on the shield; although it has no mass, somehow the creature possesses incredible weight.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 06:44 PM
And this is why Kerfuffle is glad he has Lampo. Using the sword, Kerfuffle channels electricity from him into the creature. He also uses his electric powers to help keep the creature from crushing him. The channeling of electricity should do quite a bit of harm.

FoE
2007-10-26, 06:55 PM
For a long time, the creature keeps pushing down, and Kerfuffle can feel his shield bend ever so slightly. But between its contact with the shield and Lampo's attacks, at long last the creature is forced to pull away.

Its contact with the shield seems to have drained the shadow-worm; as it rears back, Kerfuffle can see holes appear in the thing's murky black form, as though it were slowly falling apart.

The shadow-worm lands on its dozens of legs there still is no sound from the creature except for its roar, even though there should have been a loud thump when it touched down again. And now it circles around, and seems to be headed straight for the portal.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 07:32 PM
Well, Kerfuffle isn't going to let something that just attacked him get away that easily. He creates a wall of electricity and attempts to surround the creature with it. Also, his arm that is holding the sword is now completely enveloped in electricity.

FoE
2007-10-26, 07:39 PM
The wall of electricity surrounds the shadow-worm, stopping it before it can reach the portal. If things made up of inky black darkness could sound frustrated, that's what Kerfuffle imagines its roar sounds like now.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 07:41 PM
Kerfuffle walks around to face the creature. You know, look at it's face. He then holds up his sword, and Lampo will attempt to speak with the creature, if he can. Who are you? Seeing as Lampo has been around for centuries, and he is a spirit, he will probably know the creature's language, if it has one.

FoE
2007-10-26, 07:54 PM
The shadow-wurm coils like a snake within the barrier of electricity. Although it has no eyes or other features accept for a mouth, it does seem to be looking at Kerfuffle somehow.

What Kerfuffle hears next is like a whisper in his ear, though to Lampo it is a deafening roar.

"I am your lord and master, fools. Once all feared me, and you will bow down to me again. You have killed one of my children, but you have only made the others stronger, and tomorrow, they will freeze this Town to its core."

"Winter ... will ... COME," it hisses, and then the shadow-worm launches itself at Kerfuffle.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 07:57 PM
Kerfuffle watches closely as it speaks. When it launches at him, he instinctively jumps back and holds the sword up again, though the worm probably won't get through the barrier that is still around it.

FoE
2007-10-26, 08:02 PM
Once again the shadow-worm smashes against the barrier and electricity flies in all directions, sending streaks of lightning to strike nearby piles of refuse and zooming into the air. With the last of its strength, the creature is pressing harder on the barrier harder than ever. Although it is taking its toll whole chunks of the creature are fading into nothingness, and less than half of the shadow's total mass remains it is threatening to buckle the shield if Kerfuffle doesn't do something.

((Sorry if I'm godmoding, but this is the thing's last charge and I want to make it ... dramatic. :smallbiggrin:))

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 08:06 PM
((Nah. I think it would have been godmodding if you said it broke through. And even then, I wouldn't have minded.))

Seeing that his wall is breaking, Kerfuffle takes action. He starts building onto the wall, making it thicker. He also starts shrinking the wall, making the space in the middle smaller. He is trying to wrap the wall around the creature, like you would wrap a sandwich in plastic wrap.

FoE
2007-10-26, 08:12 PM
Kerfuffle's plan works. The energy bends inward and wraps around the shadow-worm; it howls in pain and anger as the energy bands tightly around its body. Its charge relents, and the thing thrashes about as the electricity clings to it.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 08:14 PM
Kerfuffle decides to get as many answers as he can out of the creature. He keeps the barrier where it is, stopping it from crushing the creature. But he leaves it around the creature, so it won't escape. He looks at what he thinks is the face again, and communicates through Lampo again. Tell me more about the winter.

FoE
2007-10-26, 08:21 PM
The thing screams in Kerfuffle's mind. "My Heralds," it gasps. "My Heralds are in the Town now! They bring ice and snow and death! Four they were, and one has fallen in the Streets, struck down by a near-god and a dark elf! But the three will return tomorrow, even stronger, and this Town will be a wintery wasteland! It will be my domain once again!"

"Long have I been banished out of this world. Long ago my Temple was sent away to a world where no one knew to worship there. But my time has arrived," the shadow worm howls, "and Winter Will Come AGAIN!!"

Lampo will note that one of the strands of energy coming out of the portal has now faded. Only three of the glowing strands now snake their way out of the Junkyard and into the Streets.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 08:24 PM
Lampo does note this, and tells Kerfuffle. Kerfuffle thinks for a moment. Then he speaks through Lampo again. So you are the leader of these spirits that have brought the cold here?

FoE
2007-10-26, 08:33 PM
Kerfuffle hears it chuckle.

"What you see is a shadow of the Four's true master," it says. "I lurk beyond the veil. Once, I was God of this place, before my Temple was sent away, and when all the Town is covered in snow and ice, soon I will be again."

The shadow grows incredibly still, in spite of the energy's sting. "It will awe you, mortal," it says, menacingly. "The lake will turn to ice, and all that is green and beautiful in this Town will rot and wither. Tomorrow, all will cower under my dominion."

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 08:35 PM
Kerfuffle nods as the creature speaks. So, you are controlling things from behind the lines. Very smart. Where are the other spirits?

FoE
2007-10-26, 08:47 PM
The thing roars. "NO ... MORE ... QUESTIONS!!!"

And with that, the shadow-worm hurls itself against the binding energy. Even if Kerfuffle disperses the net, the damage is done; the shadow begins to break part and fade into the air.

It lets out an agonized scream, but there is a defiance in its voice as well, and a sense of victory. A moment later, it is gone.

The portal behind Kerfuffle suddenly wavers, and if Kerfuffle looks at it, he will notice that the landscape is gone, and all that is left is swirling blue energy.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 08:50 PM
Kerfuffle does look at it, after staring at where the creature was for a moment. Seeing the energy makes several ideas pop into his head. He acts on the most likely.

Hey Lampo. Are there any of those energy streams coming out of that portal still?

Let me check. And Lampo will check to see if there are any left. Also, if he can, he will try to trace where they are headed.

FoE
2007-10-26, 08:56 PM
The three energy streams are still there, although the portal seems transformed in some way so that Kerfuffle and Lampo can no longer see the wintery world beyond.

The strands of energy lead out into the Streets and beyond. They should be fairly easy to follow.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-26, 08:58 PM
((Well, 8 pm GMT is 4 pm EST, which means I'll be working. Oh well. He can still warn people.))

Lampo relays the information to Kerfuffle. He thinks for a moment, then walks out of the junkyard.



A while later, the robot from the mountains enters the junkyard. He looks around, as if he was searching for something. He does not and will not notice the portal thing, simply due to plot. After a few minutes of searching, he stops, and picks up a motorcycle. He observes it closely. The he puts it down, and transforms into an exact copy. The cycle roars to life and pulls out of the junkyard.

FoE
2007-10-29, 08:50 PM
((Continued from the Temple of Inari...))

A Portal opens up in the Junkyard. Rex, Fang the dog and Gunther the ghost come tumbling through in a mess.

"You're going to pay for that!" the voice screams in Rex's mind.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-10-29, 08:53 PM
"Ah, but I just refinanced my 'Anger Villain' insurance, no down payment, no interest, and no payments for 3 years. What a deal!" He adjusts himself into a stance.

FoE
2007-10-29, 08:55 PM
((Funny. By the way, nice Weird Al reference earlier. :smalltongue:))

Fang blasts a stream of ice at Rex's feet, hoping to root him in place.

Gunther falls over on the ground, and seems to be writhing in pain. Being in such close proximity to the portal to the Arctic, which is burning brighter than ever, is causing him pain.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-29, 08:55 PM
A few moments later, Runner pulls into the junkyard. Instead of rushing into battle, he rolls up behind a particularly large pile. He transforms into his normal form, then rummages through the pile.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-10-29, 09:03 PM
Rex leaps up into the air, surprisingly, he's pretty light on his feet. He goes to send a huge blast of fire at the dog.

FoE
2007-10-29, 09:13 PM
The fire strikes the dog, and for a moment Fang disappears in the blaze. But when the flame disappates, the possessed animal is still standing there, his fur burned off and his skin charred and smoking. His eyes are pinpricks of glowing blue light.

"Winter will come," the voice says, and another blast of ice comes flying at Rex.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-29, 09:15 PM
After a while of searching, Runner finds what he is looking for. He picks up a large bathtub and holds it with his left hand. He then turns his right hand into the energy cannon. He steps out from behind the pile and fires a couple of shots at the dog.

FoE
2007-10-29, 09:16 PM
The energy blasts miss as Fang dodges aside in time. Turning his head to the Transformer, he sends another cold of cone at the robot in disguise.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-29, 09:19 PM
Runner holds the bathtub in front of him, bottom end towards Fang. It acts as a shield, blocking the attacks. Runner fires a few more shots. He is getting a little faster, as the cold blasts from earlier are wearing off.

Chaotic Bob
2007-10-29, 09:21 PM
Fien'tel pops into being a little ways away and calmly leans against a conveniantly placed post as he watches.

FoE
2007-10-29, 09:23 PM
Fang dodges around Runner's blasts and sends back shots of his own, but the Autobot has an effective shield against his attacks. Suddenly, a blast finally strikes Fang in the side, and the dog is caught in a huge explosion that vaporizes its lower half.

Little more than a head with two front legs and a bit of torso remaining, Fang raises what's left of its body and lets out a mournful howl. And then it slumps down dead.

A moment later, the ice-wraith made of blue mist raises out of the corpse, howling in anger.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-10-29, 09:24 PM
Rex deflects the ice off of his sword.
This will have to take dramatic effort. What happens when Rex lands near the portal?

FoE
2007-10-29, 09:26 PM
((It flares brightly and the image of a frozen landscape appears on its shimmering surface. Huge icebergs can be seen and a temple is far off in the distance.))

Rex Idiotarum
2007-10-29, 09:28 PM
Rex wonders if he can step through the Portal. By which I mean he tries to.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-29, 09:28 PM
Though it probably won't have much effect, Runner fires off more shots at the wraith.

FoE
2007-10-29, 09:33 PM
Rex steps through into a glorious new world ((represented by a new thread that I will be promptly starting)). Gunther is pulled through as well, screaming his head off and writhing in pain.

Runner's blasts have little effect on the wraith, if only because it moves so fast. The thing lashes out at him repeatedly where it strikes, thick ice forms on Runner's metal skin, cold enough to actually cause damage but suddenly the creature breaks off the attack and flies towards the portal, howling. It disappears after Rex.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-29, 09:35 PM
Runner has ice form on his arms momentarily. When the creature disappears through the portal, he mutters a curse in his language. He doesn't follow. Instead, he tosses the bathtub aside and starts warming himself up, using his flamethrowers.

FoE
2007-10-29, 09:42 PM
((At this point, the Frozen Four have been effectively defeated, although their master still remains. Anyone may enter the Portal to the Arctic Temple, but they pretty do it damn soon, because I intend to wrap this up quickly.))

Chaotic Bob
2007-10-29, 09:44 PM
Curiousity seizes Fien'tel again and, if permitted, will rush into the portal.

FoE
2007-10-29, 09:45 PM
((You may do so. Post in the Arctic Temple thread.))

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-29, 09:48 PM
Now being back to normal temperature, Runner decides he shouldn't go into the portal. Being vulnerable to the cold, he would be beaten easily. He transforms into the motorcycle again, this time projecting an image of a random NPC riding it. He heads back into the streets.

FoE
2007-10-30, 01:13 AM
Roughly an hour after entering the portal, Rex, Gunther and Fien'Tel's spirits re-appear in the Junkyard. The portal winks out of existence, closing off the route to the Arctic Temple forever.

Chaotic Bob
2007-10-30, 01:14 AM
Fien'tel's soul smiles amusedly, apparently finding something funny.

Without waiting for a word with his prior companions, he floats off.

((Oof, off to bed with me.))

Rex Idiotarum
2007-10-30, 09:23 AM
"Well, that sucked, we now each need bodies." The Trickster says, and reveals he has the journal. "Well, your need is done." He casts a small flame at the book.

FoE
2007-10-30, 11:35 PM
As Fien'tel floats off, the frozen ghost of Gunther Halvorson closes his eyes and seems to breath in (although in truth his lungs do not take in air).

"I can no longer hear the Goddess in my mind," Gunther says, suddenly regaining some of the eloquence that he possessed in life as he exits the portal to the Arctic Temple. He still radiates cold and looks like he's been burned from head to toe, but he has back a small measure of his personality.

He floats over to the Trickster and extends a hand.

"Thank you," he says. "Thank you for helping me."

"Please," Gunther pleads, "destroy the page with the symbol. Tear it in half. Set me free. My body is ash and my family and friends are dead. I didn't want to make a home in this place when I first came here, and I'm even less inclined to do so now. Don't make me bear this existence any further."

The Trickster complies with his request, and the flame from his hands incinerates the journal in a moment. Gunther extends his arms, as though ready to embrance Death itself, as the flaming cinders of the book fall to the ground.

But it does not come. He hangs there in the air.

"What's wrong?" he asks aloud, his frozen face taking on a worried look. "Why haven't I disappeared by now?"

And then he remembers back to the Temple, and the last words of the Goddess.

"May I never find peace," he says, and Gunther's face droops with the realization of what that promise meant.

"I'm going to be like this forever?" he says. "S**t."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-10-30, 11:40 PM
"Hm... I know two locations where we can get new bodies. Wanna try them?" The Trickster says, "Actually, we could go to Nature, find some Druids to reincarnate us, be our best bet since our bodies have been destroy. Talk to Fenix about Resurrecting us, but without even a body part to go off of, there isn't much he can do, or talk to Magtok."

FoE
2007-10-30, 11:43 PM
"New bodies? NEW BODIES! DO YOU THINK WEARING A HUSK OF FLESH WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE?!" Gunther points his finger at the Trickster. "I am cursed! Forsaken! Condemned to this miserable limbo between life and death! Do you think inhabiting a body will free of the pain I feel? The endless cold? The numbness? The guilt? The torment? DO YOU?!"

He jabs an accusing finger. "And it was all because of YOU! You refused to destroy the symbol when you have the chance, and now the curse of the Goddess will keep me tied to this accursed place! Do you know how much pain I feel? The endless cold? The numbness at the core of my soul? The guilt? The torment?"

Gunther begins to float off, but turns long enough to look over his shoulder. "May the curse of the Goddess touch you as harshly as it did me, Rex! And if the gods have any justice, they'll visit equally harsh fates on that fat pig of a magician and that filthy drow! You condemned me to this hellish limbo, to hang between life and death! MAY YOU ROT, FREEZE OR BURN IN HELL, WHICHEVER FATE IS THE CRUELEST!!"

And with that, he flies out of sight. The sound of sobbing echoes in the air.

Chaotic Bob
2007-10-30, 11:48 PM
Well that was unpleasant.
Glad Fien'tel wasn't there for that.

FoE
2007-10-30, 11:51 PM
((Well, sure, but remember, consider what this poor bastard has been through. And just so you know, I am just role-playing; I don't really bear any ill will towards Rex. He was the only PC who struck with my lame-ass plot from beginning to end. :smallbiggrin:))

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-30, 11:53 PM
((I would've, if I was on at the beginning.))

Chaotic Bob
2007-10-30, 11:53 PM
((Bah, it wasn't that lame. Perhaps it ended a bit abruptly for my taste, but sometimes things work like that.
I understand the sentiment of characters hating other characters rather well, actually. *cough*Aesa*cough*))

Rex Idiotarum
2007-10-30, 11:54 PM
The Trickster blinks, then laughs. "You're so funny when you're in pain. Well, for all it's worth. I'm going to have to find me a druid." He floats the Trog's.
((I understand. Hey, you're plot was pretty good. One of my favorites because I could twist it around and do the unexpected. Often DMs get pissed when I try stuff like that.))

FoE
2007-10-31, 12:00 AM
((Sorry, Kerfuffle, but I did post in the Town Hall to announce I had a Plot. Other than randomly PM'ing me, I didn't know how else to go about it. And you did get involved in quite a bit of it. Kerfuffle killed one of the Four at the Beach and fought the shadow of the frost wurm from the Arctic Temple. Runner also helped kill one of the Four.))

((DeBunny, I planned to draw out the final confrontation a bit, but I honestly expected whoever to come to the Temple to ask a few questions. Like, "who are you?" Besides, I started this thing last Thursday and wanted to resolve the bugger.))

((This story was a bit straightforward, Rex, but I do prefer to let my characters react in any way they want to the circumstances. The only time players piss me off is when they say "Ah, screw it, let's spend all our time at the bar instead." :smalltongue:))

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-31, 12:04 AM
((No problem. I was just saying that I probably would've been involved more if I was on when it started.))

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-04, 10:59 PM
Fien'tel walks among the piles of unwanted garbage, humming to himself.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-04, 11:01 PM
Runner rolls into the junkyard carrying Spook, engine roaring. He comes to a stop by Fien'tel and waits for Spook to get off before he transforms.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-04, 11:02 PM
She hops off lightly, apparently having found the ride invigorating as opposed to terrifying.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-04, 11:05 PM
Runner transform into his normal form. He starts rummaging through the piles, occasionally picking up an object and studying it for a while before he puts it back and continues searching.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-04, 11:07 PM
"You think the All Spark would be in a junkyard?" Spook asks, making notes on the garbage herself.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-04, 11:09 PM
That is a possibility, but that is not what I am looking for. I am looking for items to transform into. He continues his searching as he talks. You see, in order for me to transform into something, I must first see the object and scan it. That helps to allow me to blend in the best way possible. He picks up a motorcycle that looks almost exactly like the one he transforms into. I scanned this, as well as a jukebox, when I first arrived.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-04, 11:11 PM
Fien'tel shuts his eyes and his humming takes a faintly different pattern, leaving a strange tingling in the minds of listeners.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-04, 11:15 PM
Runner notices the change in humming. He gives what is probably a curious look at Fien'tel, but says nothing.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-04, 11:16 PM
"Oh. I see. Well, maybe you should find a car or something. In case you need to carry more people or things than just me."

She would make another suggestion, but she falls to puzzling over the tingling feeling in her brain.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-04, 11:27 PM
The tingling is merely a side effect of the magical energies radiating from the leShay, who is acquiring an ever larger grin.
How he loved the feel of magic coursing through his body, moreso than the lifeblood that should more rightfully lay claim to his appreciation.
He flicks his arms up and every piece of trash in the junkyard rises into the air, separating the many piles into more easily examined clouds.
And the magic continues to roll out, going so far as to utterly suppress a few important laws of gravity.
Suffice to say, everyone will likely be hovering about now.
Fien'tel snaps his eyes open, the blackness therein seeming to briefly be a faint green.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-04, 11:29 PM
Runner is observing and scanning everything he can, taking in any information he can. He is looking around a lot, loving all of this new info.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-04, 11:30 PM
Spook levitates quite nicely, her hair fanned out as if she had suddenly been dunked underwater. Her expression is as if she had suddenly been dunked underwater as well.

"Hm. Well this is different!" She taps a pencil against her clipboard. "Would it be safe to float upside down, by any chance?"

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-04, 11:33 PM
Runner responds to Spook. For a while. The blood rushing to your head would probably make you want to stop after a little while. He is floating pretty good himself.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-04, 11:37 PM
Fien'tel flips upside down, shrugs, rights himself, and plops down on a worn out sofa that floats by.

Bursts of harmless flames jet about as Fien'tel burns off excess magical energy.
He'd dabbled in magic for so many thousands of centuries that this was indeed little more than a little pleasure to him.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-04, 11:39 PM
"Actually... if the gravity is nulled, then the blood won't rush to my head at all." Spook shrugs and works on turning herself upside down.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-04, 11:44 PM
Runner decides to respond to Spook's earlier comment. There are certain restrictions to what I can transform into. I cannot transform into something much smaller than the jukebox. The biggest object I could transform into would be something about this size. He then transforms into a small, two-person helicopter. He stays like that for a moment, then transforms back. He now has the helicopter blades on his back, as well as the tail blades on his left wrist.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-04, 11:48 PM
She nods. "Guess you can't expand your body over too much space, or pack it in to something too small. Am I right?"

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-04, 11:49 PM
Runner nods. Precisely.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-04, 11:50 PM
Fien'tel decides to one up Runner, partly because there is still energy he needs to burn and partly because he's in a pleasant sort of mood.
Moments later, a sizeable copper dragon that could probably use those chopper blades as toothpicks is floating roughly where Fien'tel had been.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-04, 11:52 PM
Runner scans the dragon immediately, and realizes that it is Fien'tel. Impressive. It seems you do not have the restrictions that I have.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-04, 11:52 PM
Spook's eye muscles have been getting a work out, as of late, along with her hand muscles. She scribbles most furiously, trying to work in every detail of the copper dragon. She has also been doing schematics of Runner, too, at least, external ones. She hasn't been on the inside.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-04, 11:57 PM
The ever observant Fien'tel makes sure to stretch his wings and tail out for Spook.
Magic is a wondrous thing.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-04, 11:59 PM
Runner nods in agreement. It truly is. Sadly, my race is not capable of using it.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 12:08 AM
She starts trying to swim for the dragon. However well that works in zero gravity. "I haven't seen any cases of it in humans before." Whether that is before Fien'tel or including him is unknown even to her.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 12:11 AM
The fact that Fien'tel is not human probably makes the distinction less clear.

There are ways around such minor restrictions.
Slowly, but surely, the copper dragon slowly shifts into a fierce, and perhaps cruel, looking black dragon.
Only the void-black eyes of Fien'tel keep the illusion of promised pain at bay.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 12:12 AM
I have. The person who levitated me to bring me into the tavern was a human.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 12:14 AM
She stops trying to move towards the dragon, deciding that there is a high chance it would like to hurt her. "Hm."

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 12:22 AM
The dragon turns its head to examine itself.
Blacks have always been to dead looking for my taste.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 12:34 AM
"Not a fan of dead things?"

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 12:35 AM
Runner has resumed his rummaging, slightly slowed down by the fact that everything is hovering.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 12:41 AM
The head faces Spook once more and still it is only the eyes of the leShay that keeps that face from appearing to promise a cruel fate to onlookers.
Not paticularly. I try to not be too morbid, when I can.
And without further ado, he leaves the deathwearing guise in favor of a beautiful topaz dragon.
Very shiny with the lights of flames moving through the junkyard.

He should really let up on the magic.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 12:45 AM
"Morbid is an opinion," she says, having some knowledge of varying outlooks, "But I don't think death suits you either."

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 12:51 AM
Runner deadtimes, right above a large pile of metal. He will probably blend into it pretty well when gravity has been fixed.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 12:53 AM
The dragon bows his head and Fien'tel elects to keep this form for a little while, watching Runner out of the corner of his eye.
I thank the miss for her much appreciated opinion.
Something of a smile appears on the beasts gem-like face.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 12:55 AM
She smiles. Then looks thoughtful for a moment, "Can I touch you?" She would anyway, but it's hard to float in a direction without friction to help. So, she might have to ask this time.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 12:58 AM
Fien'tel fails to have a problem, mostly because he doesn't really need to move.
He merely stretches his neck out and moves his head towards Spook, stopping a foot or so away.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 01:04 AM
She looks very pleased as she reaches out to pet a scale. "Thank you!"

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 01:10 AM
The scale will feel decidedly like a rough topaz.
You are, if course, most welcome.
Those everdark and everrevealing eyes of his give sincerity to the statement.

And on that pleasant note, deadtime overcomes the leShay-turned-dragon, as DeBunny needs some sleep for school.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 11:13 AM
One hand pets fondly while the other tries to put the wonderment of a dragon scale to paper. This satisfies two desires at once for her.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 01:58 PM
Runner undeadtimes, and continues his exploring of garbage.

FoE
2007-11-05, 02:58 PM
Gunther Halvorson suddenly floats into the Junkyard, looking concerned. He floats over to Runner.

"Metal man, I remember you from the Temple of Inari. You helped fight off the Heralds of Winter. I may need your help again. Something is coming."

Suddenly, a strange energy fills the air, and of their own volition small objects begin to hover above the ground.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 03:00 PM
What kind of something? When then energy comes, Runner will scan the area, trying to find the source of the energy, and info about the energy.

FoE
2007-11-05, 03:03 PM
Runner will determine that the disturbance is related to the portal that once was open here a few days ago. Although the portal is closed and most of the energy is faded, the magic released by Fien'tel has caused it to momentarily re-activate, albeit in a slightly different form.

"I don't know," Gunther replies. "But it has something to do with the portal to the Arctic. I felt the pull of the portal all the way across Town."

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 03:06 PM
Runner nods a little as he straightens up. I am also picking up on the energy from it. It seems to have been activated to a degree by Fien'tel using his magic.

FoE
2007-11-05, 03:06 PM
With the opening of the portal by the Goddess of Winter, enough magical energy has been released in the Junkyard in recent weeks to power a small city. While most of that energy has faded into the ether, there are still lingering traces of that energy, and the activities of the LeShay have only exacerbated the problem.

Although the Goddess is no longer maintaining the portal to Earth, a rip in space and time still exists in the Junkyard. And with a sudden flucutation of energy, that portal opens for a split-second, and only grows large enough to fit a small insect through.

But for a being with no shape or form, a momentary crack is enough.

An elemental of considerable power leaks through into the Junkyard, invisible to the naked eye. It quickly seeks out a body, and finds it in a large pile of scrap metal not far from Gunther and Runner.

Suddenly, the pile shifts and begins to rumble. First a crude limb shoots out of the heap, an arm made out of metal plates and kitchen sinks, and then a leg uncurls, made out of iron shields.

Within minutes, an assortment of metal pipes, rusted armour, discarded machine parts and other items of metal have come together to form a crude twelve-foot body, with headlights for eyes, a rusted jet engine for a head and longswords for fingers.

Abruptly the metal giant lifts away from its pile, taking a few unsteady baby steps. It then pauses before Runner and Gunther, staring at them.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 03:11 PM
Runner looks at the giant. He simultaneously scans it and preps for battle. The tail blades on his left wrist spread out, ready to spin. His right hand transforms into the energy cannon.

FoE
2007-11-05, 03:21 PM
"Metal man, I don't know what his creature is ... but I doubt it's friendly."

True enough, the scrap metal giant suddenly lurches forward, not at Runner, but at the pile of junk beside him. It shoulders into the pile, and suddenly the massive of heap garbage begins to topple over in Runner's direction.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 03:24 PM
Runner dives out of the way. He grabs Fien'tel and Spook, and puts them out of the way. Then he launches a couple of energy shots at the giant.

FoE
2007-11-05, 03:29 PM
The pile of junk misses Spook and Fien'tel and Runner, and passes through Gunther harmlessly. The Autobot's aim is true; his energy blasts blow holes in the scrap metal giant where they strike, and pieces of steel fly everywhere. The thing staggers back, wounded, and it lets out a roar like two steel blades scraping together.

Suddenly, the thing turns tail and begins to run out of the Junkyard, past an Abandoned Warehouse and into the Streets.

"We need to follow it!" Gunther shouts, and floats after the giant, departing the Junkyard.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 03:32 PM
Runner, after making sure that Fien'tel and Spook are ok, transforms into the small helicopter and takes to following the giant from the sky.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 06:20 PM
Fien'tel watches them go, electing to stay behind with Spook.
He slowly releases the energies squashing gravity, allowing everything to settle back down.

He gently guides Spook down with the tip of his snout.
The he curls up next to her, creating a scrying puddle.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 07:00 PM
"What just happened there?" she asks, confused, at the same time slumping down against Fien'tel's dragony side.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 07:11 PM
Prior actions created an unforseeable enemy for our friend.
It was defeated, I believe.
He moves the puddle towards Spook, adjusting himself to curl around them both protectively.
He would rather not have another strange foe pop up and cause unneeded harm.

FoE
2007-11-05, 07:12 PM
((An old portal opened that I used in a previous Plot, releasing an elemental. Runner chased him through the Streets and finished him off at the Desalination Plant. Meanwhile, Scott and the ghost Gunther investigated the source of a mysterious red cloud that's floating over Town check out Town Hall for details and are now at the Abandoned Warehouse determining the source.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 07:16 PM
Considering she's barely a match for a strictly physical, human foe, that's probably a very wise decision. And it is also a very kind gesture.

She nods gratefully and then glances down at the pool.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 07:23 PM
The pool may be slightly disconcerting to look into, as it shows a all around view of the sensor it is recieving the images from. Runner, mushroom people, and two others are within.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 07:26 PM
She tries to wedge a hand in between a few scales to keep from losing her balance as she leans forward to stare into it.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 07:32 PM
She will need a strength far beyond her own to do that.
So instead, Fien'tel's tail lightly swings around in an attempt to lightly wrap around her midsection with the skinny portion of the appendage.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 07:37 PM
"That... helps a lot," she observes, mentally thinking that the efficiently is several hundred percent greater. Although, anything is infinitely greater in percentage than 0%.

Her long sleeved arms wrap around the tail as she peers into the disorienting pool.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 07:42 PM
A rumbling laugh emanates from the dragon and it rests its head next to the pool, gazing in.

Amazing amount of flexibility he's got in that next of his.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 07:50 PM
She watches the ongoings quietly, wincing a little at the poor burned mushrooms, but apart from that, observing stoically. And writing. As usual.

Myconids+Light=Burns

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 07:56 PM
The dragon's gaze settles on her notes for a brief moment.
Oddly enough, he didn't need to look into the pool, as he is already connected to it mentally.
Looking at it was just a novelty.
They are a subterranean species. They do not see much, if any, light.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 07:59 PM
"Hm." She nods cheerily, enjoying herself.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 08:06 PM
They communicate through special spores they emit, allowing a form of telepathy to take place.
I have no physical form there, thus I cannot communicate with them.
Scott's got that handled though, it seems.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 08:09 PM
"That's quite clever. Although, most people wouldn't take well to being spored. 98% or better, by my estimation."

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 08:14 PM
It is harmless and wears off after a time.
Fien'tel exhales a deep breath for some reason or another, carefully aiming it away from Spook's papers.

((Reminds of the myconids in the beginning of the Drizzt Do'Urden saga.
So very sad.))

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 08:16 PM
A little while later, a whirring noise is heard, and a helicopter appears on the horizon. It lands a little ways away from the pair, and transforms into Runner. He walks up to the pair and sits down next to them.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 08:17 PM
Spook suddenly looks thoughtful, as though inspiration had struck. She then bends down and carefully tries to give his tail a quick lick.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 08:22 PM
Fien'tel looks towards Runner acknowledgingly before looking back to Spook with a look crossed between amusement and perplexion.
Very interesting girl indeed.

His tail tastes like a combination between topaz and typical reptilian scales. Mostly the former.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 08:25 PM
When the thought "What do dragons taste like?" pops up, Spook has no natural inhibitions to get in her way. That combined with an insatiable curiosity means odd behavior abounds.

She scribbles down the results and does that little wave of hers to Runner, smiling despite the relatively bad taste in her mouth.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 08:26 PM
Runner waves back. He sits in a slightly awkward position, due to the helicopter blades on his back.

Then he deadtimes.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 08:42 PM
It would be a bit awkward if she wonders what leShay taste like then....

Deciding to merely be amused, Fien'tel goes for an experiment of his own.
The tail becomes a little softer and the tip lightly jabs at various portions of her body, searching for ticklishness.

He turns his head to Runner.
Interesting day.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 08:48 PM
You never know. Although, she generally assumes leShay tastes like human. And she knows what that tastes like. >.>

"Squeep!"

He hit a spot somewhere, which is why she's flopping about in his tail, trying to somehow cover the ticklish area, or at least keep it out of tail's way.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 08:52 PM
Probably a good assumption.

Fien'tel's tail presses onward, not using the full strength that could so very easily get past her defenses.
He's just playing after all.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 08:56 PM
More squeaking ensues, along with the occasional giggling fit before she manages to move out of the tail's way. She'd say something, but most of her concentration is on evasion and trying to stop laughing and start breathing.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 09:01 PM
The tail halfheartedly pursues its target, merely serving as a distraction from the large hand sneaking up behind her, where it will try to gently seize her.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 09:03 PM
Since her eyes are screwed shut, she isn't seeing a thing. And her brain is a bit busy to calculate the possibility of a sneak attack, which she really wouldn't have chalked up very high either.

She will be snatched, still laughing.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 09:11 PM
The tail settles back onto the ground, lazily swishing.

The hand brings Spook to the dragon's great head, which sports a grin.
Curiousities abound.
Immediately thereafter producing a large semi-reptilian tongue with which to return the favor of Spook's prior action.
With the difference that she has no tail and that he'll probably find out what her clothes taste like.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 09:17 PM
"Bahh!" she exclaims, but with no shortage of amusement herself. A funny face now graces her as the tongue licks her clothes. They taste of detergent. And whatever else she's gotten into today with Runner and Fien'tel.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 09:23 PM
Fien'tel acquires a look not unlike that of a cook taste testing a dish.
His tongue flicks up to include her face before withdrawing.
The grin returns.
Tastes like Spook.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 09:24 PM
"Amazing powers of deduction," she teases, at the same time wiping off any remaining dragon saliva with the back of her sleeve, seeing as the front may be covered in it as well.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 09:30 PM
He blows a bit of air at her, still grinning.
Oh yes, they're absolutely brilliant. Careful, or I might decide to double check.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 09:34 PM
Her long hair fans out funnily at the burst of air, parts of it stiff from the licking and parts of it waving madly. "That's hardly fair. You're a dragon and I'm a not." She pretends to be cross.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 09:39 PM
Easily remedied.
Although, the grinning dragon makes no move to do so.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 09:41 PM
"Is it?" she asks, working on worming her way out of his dragony grip.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 09:48 PM
Oh yes.

Escaping may be temporarily hurtful to her humanity, as a contingent polymorph-like spell seems to have taken up residence around his paw.
Been there since she made the "no fair" comment.

Very few things are fair with Fien'tel, though he tries to be goodnatured about it..

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 09:56 PM
Runner undeadtimes. He lies back and stares at the stars.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 10:03 PM
((Eh? What's the polymorph spell do?))

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 10:05 PM
((Turns her into a wyrmling copper when she gets out of Fien'tel's hand.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 10:07 PM
Ah, in that case:

A certain copper wyrmling squeaks in surprise.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 10:11 PM
He looks down at the even smaller Spook, grinning wider.
Well, you're a dragon now.
Oooh, maybe he should introduce Runner to the wonders of dragonhood, too....

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 10:14 PM
He could try, but he would find it hard to do so. Runner's armor makes him immune to any transforming spells.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 10:17 PM
Spook flicks her tongue out at him and her wings ruffle. Which is when she notices she has wings. Her eyes, still with their characteristic darkness widen. She flaps them harder, trying to gain some lift.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 10:19 PM
:smallamused:
There's ways around that.
Like a temporary soul/mind transplant.....

Fien'tel moves to grab Spook again and hold her in the air.
Jumping into the air is usually easier than straight rising.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 10:22 PM
She is grabbed. And pouts at him, though it's good-natured.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 10:23 PM
Well, I guess his soul would be the Spark in his chest. But the nature of the Spark prevents any kind of transformations from happening. Except ones that he does to himself.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 10:26 PM
Then a mind transplant would probably be easier.

Fien'tel blows at Spook some more.
I'm sorry, did I ruin an experiment?

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 10:28 PM
The Spark will prevent it.

Runner looks over at the two.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 10:31 PM
"Not really. But I wanted to use these things." She shakes her head, before doing a small hop into the air and spreading the wings, trying to gain lift from the bit of air generated from his breath.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 10:36 PM
The air's warm, so that isn't a bad idea.

Fien'tel keeps a hand beneath her, not wanting Spook to get hurt if she falls.
He turns his head towards Runner, grinning as he has been.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 10:38 PM
Runner simply watches. Of course, he is also storing all of this, in case he might need these memories in the future. He does that all the time.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 10:41 PM
She isn't doing too badly, wafting up and down on the breeze he created plus her own wing flaps.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 10:48 PM
Can't think of too many uses for menories of this little scene.

Seeing that Runner isn't planning on saying anything, Fien'tel turns his head back to Spook, resuming breeze creation.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 10:54 PM
She grows a bit bolder with more experimentation. So she tries to do a loop-de-loop.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 10:57 PM
There probably won't be much use of this scene. It's just something he does. Records everything he sees.

Runner takes to looking at the stars again.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-05, 11:02 PM
Fair enough.

Fien'tel gives Spook a carefully hidden magical boost, probably saving her from stalling in midair and falling or something. Maybe.

((I'll need to turn in soon. Daylight Savings has screwed up my already screwed up sleeping schedule.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-05, 11:11 PM
Yeah. She worked it out alright. She's not bad at physics either. Just more numbers. She tries to fly up just high enough to sit atop Fien'tel's head. Where she will likely be a cute little decoration until he decides otherwise.

((S'ok. Me, too. =) ))

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-05, 11:14 PM
Runner looks at the pair, smiles a little, then deadtimes.

((And I gotta get my car to the body shop in the morning. Night.))

FoE
2007-11-05, 11:47 PM
((OK, may I point out this playful romantic scene is happening in a Junkyard?!))

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-06, 04:08 PM
((You, my friend, clearly have not seen the stranger parts of Town. This would almost be sort of tame.

But yes, I clearly did not last as long as I thought I would.
I'm growing so unreliable.
My apologises. Again. At least you got some forewarning this time.))

Spook will have a bit of a journey ahead of her, but Fien'tel shaves a bit off by slightly lowering his head, raising it back up when she's settled on.
He resists the urge to laugh (as this would probably throw her off) and sets about mentally "recalibrating" his scrying puddle.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-06, 04:47 PM
((Quite alright. I was wanting to play some video games anyway. :smallsmile: ))

She hunkers down atop his head in a pleased sort of fashion. Most things have been quite pleasant to her of late, so it would seem. Either that or she is simply easy to please.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-06, 04:53 PM
((You're so forgiving.
Makes me feel better.))

Or she found the right sort of people before finding the unpleasant things.
Enjoying yourself, up there?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-06, 04:55 PM
((Bah. Nothing needing forgiving. Sleep happens. Needs to, for that matter.))

"I'm a dragon," she says, in such as way as to imply: "What's not to enjoy?!" Of course she knows it might get tiresome, but at the moment it's quite exhilarating.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-06, 05:00 PM
((True enough.

Unless you're an elf.))

Fien'tel grins again.
A baby dragon.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-06, 05:06 PM
"All the better to sit on your head." She sticks her tongue out at him playfully, whether or not he can see it.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-06, 05:10 PM
We've already established that the leShay has a nasty habit of seeing things he shouldn't.
Careful. My tongue is longer than yours.
With magical "cheating", of course....
His tongue flicks up over his snout and vibrates in a raspberry-ish fashion.
Minus the noise because he'd need lips for that.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-06, 05:13 PM
"Can you lick your own nose, much less up here?" Genuine curiosity accompanies this.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-06, 05:19 PM
The tongue is retracted so that unimpeded speech can occur.
What do you think?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-06, 05:24 PM
"Nah..." But she isn't using any probabilities this time around...

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-06, 05:35 PM
When one's nose is positioned at the end of your snout, licking it isn't much of a feat.
He even does it without magic.
Fien'tel takes a moment to consider the last part of the challenge, not that it's much of one to him.
I could try, if you'd like.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-06, 05:42 PM
"I'll hide behind your ear if you do." One lick was enough for her.

((Dinner!))

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-06, 05:52 PM
Think that's far enough?
Of course, he's merely joking now.

((That's a good idea. I think I'll go have some Ramen....))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-06, 06:27 PM
"What do you think?" The wyrmling smirks.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-06, 06:52 PM
Fien'tel's rather persistant grin parts slightly as his tongue flops over his snout in a mock-threatening manner.
I'd think it wasn't.
The joys of telepathy.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-06, 06:54 PM
Indeed she does start to make her way behind his ears, laughing.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-06, 06:59 PM
Here we go, using the teachings of the Flux Adept!
Excercising absolute control over his muscles, Fien'tel has his skin twitch very precisely in a manner to move her away from his ear and back towards his snout.
Ah, ah, ah....

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-06, 07:03 PM
She squeaks in surprise, but recovers by trying to hop over, rather than letting her motion ride solely on him.

"How are you doing that?"

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-06, 07:10 PM
I have mastered the skills of the Flux Adept and command complete control over my body.
One tends to explore odd skills when you're bored.

He begins timing the muscle twitches to when she lands on him, still grinning.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-06, 07:14 PM
So she begins to formulate and erratic pattern to her jumping, trying to calculate the least likely place to hop and do so.

"Sounds like... a lot of... work," she says, panting a bit from the effort. "But... rather... useful?"

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-06, 07:25 PM
It's pretty useful, yes.
He can quite literally eat anything and acquire sustenance as a result.
Not that he needs to eat anyway.

With the loss of a pattern to her jumps, the twitches lose some of their accuracy. Fien'tel could scan her mind and figure out where she intends to jump, but where's the fun in that?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-06, 07:26 PM
No fun at all. Which is why Spook hasn't taken to try to fly either. Although, he might notice her jumps losing a bit of their luster as she starts to tucker out.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-06, 07:35 PM
((Oops, missed the reply button and hit the buddy button instead. Oh well. Such is the price of Palm Pilot use, occasional inaccuracy.))

The twitching slowly subsides and Fien'tel withdraws his tongue.
Tired?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-06, 07:38 PM
Considering as he slows down she just sprawls out panting, that'd be a yes.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-06, 07:46 PM
Fien'tel begins lowering his head towards the ground, making a few notes to himself.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-06, 07:50 PM
Spook hums to herself once she's regained enough breath to.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-06, 07:55 PM
Well, my head can apparently act as a piece of excercise equipment.
He rests his head on the ground, taking a brief moment to scan his gaze across the surrounding area.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-06, 08:01 PM
"It's remarkably effective," she agrees.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-06, 08:14 PM
"New break through excercise strategy! Just 10 minutes a day scrambling across a dragon's head!"
I see the headlines.
Just as long as no one starts setting up signs and posters....

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-06, 08:24 PM
"Dragon sold separately."

She curls up her wyrmling body, enjoying the feline-feel it has.

Chaotic Bob
2007-11-06, 08:36 PM
Fien'tel chuckles, supplying a few vibrations to Spook through his head.
Indeed.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-11-06, 08:42 PM
Spook remains seated, enjoying the height increase from sitting atop him. She could see most of the junkyard from here.