PDA

View Full Version : Fighterish Rogueish Bandit.

Xeran
2006-11-12, 04:55 PM
I made this pretty quickly for a friend who wanted a class with the fighting ability of a fighter with the skills and sneak attacks of a rogue. I once again used the Class Construction Engine by Shadowcraft. Table is once again messed up, all I can say is it looks all right on word. I made this one kinda fast, didn't put all the usual work into it. Oh well. What do ya think?

Bandit

Game Rule Information:
Bandits have the following statistics.
Abilities: Strength is important to Bandit due to their high involvement in melee combat. A high dexterity is also good.
Alignment: Always Chaotic.
Hit Die: D10
Class Skills: Appraise (INT), Balance (DEX), Bluff (CHA), Climb (STR), Disguise (CHA), Forgery (INT), Gather Information (CHA), Hide (DEX), Intimidate (CHA), Knowledge: Local (INT), Listen (WIS), Move Silently (DEX), Open Lock (DEX), Ride (DEX), Search (INT), Sense Motive (WIS), Spot (WIS), Survival (WIS), Swim (WIS), and Use Rope (DEX).
Skill points at 1st level: (4+Int modifier) x 4
Skill points at each additional level: 4+Int modifier
Weapon and armor Proficiency: Bandits Are Proficient with all Simple and Martial Weapons, with all Light and Medium of armor but not with Shields.

Level Base Attack Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special
1 +1 +2 +0 +0 Sneak Attack +1d6
2 +2 +3 +0 +0 Evasion
3 +3 +3 +1 +1 Sneak Attack +2d6, Agility Training
4 +4 +4 +1 +1 Highwayman’s Presence.
5 +5 +4 +1 +1 Sneak Attack +3d6
6 +6/1 +5 +2 +2 Bonus Feat
7 +7/2 +5 +2 +2 Sneak Attack +4d6
8 +8/3 +6 +2 +2
9 +9/4 +6 +3 +3 Sneak Attack +5d6
10 +10/5 +7 +3 +3
11 +11/6/1 +7 +3 +3 Sneak Attack +6d6
12 +12/7/2 +8 +4 +4 Bonus Feat
13 +13/8/3 +8 +4 +4 Sneak Attack +7d6
14 +14/9/4 +9 +4 +4
15 +15/10/5 +9 +5 +5 Sneak Attack +8d6
16 +16/11/6/1 +10 +5 +5
17 +17/12/7/2 +10 +5 +5 Sneak Attack +9d6
18 +18/13/8/3 +11 +6 +6 Bonus Feat
19 +19/14/9/4 +11 +6 +6 Sneak Attack +10d6
20 + 20/15/10/5 +12 +6 +6 Bandit Chief

Class Features:
Sneak Attack: Works exactly like the rogue ability of the same name.

Evasion: Works exactly like the rogue ability of the same name.

Agility Training: You have spent long hours getting accustomed to heavier armor, allowing you to be much more comfortable in it. Your Armor Check penalty is reduced by 2, to a minimum of 0.

Highwayman’s Presence: You can now instill fear in those you intend to rob and burglarize. When you use Intimidate to Demoralize foes, it affects anyone within thirty feet you say who can both see and hear you. The effect lasts an amount of round equal to Charisma modifier (minimum 1). This is a mind affecting attack and multiple uses do not stack.

Bonus Feat: You pick up things from your rough and tumble environment. Choose any feat for which you meet the prerequisites and add it to your feat list.

Bandit Chief: You are now so aware of your surroundings that you gain knowledge about all allies within 100 feet as if you had cast the Status spell. You must be able to either see or hear them, though they don’t necessarily have to be visible or making noise. (Example, this would still work if your ally had invisibility and silence cast on them, but were technically in your field of vision and hearing, but not if they were in a locked room, gagged.)

Triaxx
2006-11-12, 05:37 PM
I'd personally allow them proficiency with bucklers, but that's a minor consideration. I love the class though, great to put a leader into those random encounters. Shouldn't there be a moral bonus to a group with a leader, instead of just a collection of rough and tumbles?

Xeran
2006-11-12, 05:54 PM
Well, it wasn't really meant to be a leader of such groups at first, though I guess it would be kinda good at that. Feel free to take this and change it however you want for personal use.

Myatar_Panwar
2006-11-12, 07:24 PM
Hmmm this seems a bit overpowered, I meen its almost exactly like a rouge eccept with lower skill points and hes got extra feats and agood BAB. But I might be wrong.

ishi
2006-11-12, 07:42 PM
Seems too powerful. Compare it to the PHB II variant for fighters, giving them sneak attack instead of bonus feats. You've got betters skills, class features, and all you lose is Heavy Armor proficiency. I think it'd be more balanced if you stepped down the sneak attack progression, maybe to every 3rd or 4th level instead.

Xeran
2006-11-12, 07:43 PM
It was balanced with Shadowcraft's Class Construction Engine.

Khantalas
2006-11-13, 05:23 AM
After all this time this Class Construction Engine created classes obviously broken according to many members here, it may be the time to stop using it.

By the way, the sneak attack insted of bonus feats variant was in Unearthed Arcana, not PHB II. The variants in the latter only traded bonus feats for special abilities that traded the extra attacks of a full attack for other bonuses and abilities.

Triaxx
2006-11-13, 02:49 PM
I'd replace the third Bonus Feat with 'Mandate of Leadership'.

Mandate of Leadership: If the Bandit Chief is the group leader, he inspires courage and heightens morale amongst his followers. All followers within 50' of the leader gain +10 morale, and +1 on saving throws made against magical fear.

Additionally, for a truly powerful Bandit Chief, you could throw in this:

Honour among thieves: Once per day the Bandit Chief may make any ally within 15' of himself immune to magical fear.

Xeran
2006-11-13, 07:51 PM
The simple fact is that All those feats are way better then sneak attack. It is not that good. Merely replacing the feats with sneak attack would make the class weak.