PDA

View Full Version : Can I start up monster competitions again?

inuyasha
2013-03-03, 10:12 PM
Hi Im inuyasha, I know I post alot but I want to know, can I start up the monster competitions again that were hosted by the great and powerful vorpaltribble. Is this breaking some sort of rule, and what rules are there that come with this responsibility. And last but not least, would i start at the number he left at or do i start over again.

P.S. if I do start these up again, who would have fun with them?

Alex001
2013-03-04, 01:11 AM
Can I start up the monster competitions again Friendly Banter.

Bhu
2013-03-04, 03:12 AM
I don't think it's breaking a rule but it's a lot of work.

inuyasha
2013-03-04, 09:45 AM
I already posted this in friendly banter but they said to come here for a more gaming oriented crowd but im going to check my thread there as well for responses :p

dspeyer
2013-03-04, 04:30 PM
Ages ago I restarted Duke of URL's Gestalt Build Challenges and no one objected. I never really got them up to the level he had, but they were still fun. So go for it.

Debihuman
2013-03-04, 08:40 PM
As far as I know, anyone can post a contest. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm up for critiquing like I used to. I still love monsters but don't have the same amount of time available. Plus, I'm a bit rusty these days.

Debby

DracoDei
2013-03-05, 06:18 AM
Please, go for it!

I might even enter...

inuyasha
2013-03-05, 09:10 AM
ok so would i start that today or at the very end of the month? (if i wanted to start it today :smallsmile:)

DracoDei
2013-03-05, 01:45 PM
ok so would i start that today or at the very end of the month? (if i wanted to start it today :smallsmile:)
Either the end of the month or give people all of this month and most of the next to craft their entry since it might be a little slow to start up? OTOH that second one might lose some of the urgency.

I would at least pick your theme, picture, and find a few examples of pre-existing homebrew that could have been a contest entry in theory. Note the rules for image usage on the board since I think they have become more strict recently.

Anyway, the point is, take your time and get it right while you have time, because if you keep going with this, you are probably going to want to do it right the first time.

Actually, I have an idea for how you could do the first time around in a shorter time-frame and maybe have it work. I'll PM you.

Temotei
2013-03-05, 05:23 PM

I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal if you started now and gave until April 4th, then on the next one you could go until May 3rd, and so on until July 1st (when it would start normally again) if you're concerned about landing it on the first of every month. It also wouldn't be a big deal if you just gave a month starting now (April 5th, May 5th, etc.). It's not like the 1st of every month is the sacred day of contests.