PDA

View Full Version : Feat: Feint Mastery

grinner666
2006-11-14, 12:11 AM
You have mastered the art of the combat bluff, causing hesitation and confusion in your opponent.

Prerequisites: BAB +6, Dodge, Expertise, Improved Feint

Effect: When using the Bluff skill to feint in combat, you may cause one of the following effects instead of denying your opponent his Dex bonus to AC. All other rules for feinting apply.

Confusion: You receive an AC bonus against the opponent you just bluffed equal to your Cha modifier, if positive.

Hesitation: Until after your next action, your opponent can not make a full attack action that includes you as a target. He MAY ignore you and make a full attack against another target or targets, but in this case you gain the normal benefit for a feint (opponent loses Dex bonus to AC) on your very first attack in the next round.

Note: This feat may be taken as a Fighter bonus feat.

Fax Celestis
2006-11-14, 12:16 AM
I'd change Hesitation to read "any full round action" instead of "full attack action", since it'd also preclude spells with long durations and metamagicked Sorceror spells.

grinner666
2006-11-14, 12:31 AM
I'd change Hesitation to read "any full round action" instead of "full attack action", since it'd also preclude spells with long durations and metamagicked Sorceror spells.

Wow. Nasty idea. I like it, but I think spellcasters are in quite enough trouble as it is if they're toe-to-toe with a melee type with a BAB of +6 or more.

Xeran
2006-11-14, 12:43 AM
I like this feat. Can I use this, or is it copyrighted? :)

grinner666
2006-11-14, 12:53 AM
Feel free to use it if your DM will allow it (or if you are, yourself, a DM). If I didn't want my stuff used (and critiqued) I wouldn't post it. Just don't try to take credit for it.

:biggrin:

You've just made me a very happy man.

Xeran
2006-11-14, 01:01 AM
No problem, and thanks.

Wizzardman
2006-11-14, 01:50 PM
Wow. Nasty idea. I like it, but I think spellcasters are in quite enough trouble as it is if they're toe-to-toe with a melee type with a BAB of +6 or more.

...Unless they were fighting another caster with +6 BAB...

Nah. Not worth it.

Khantalas
2006-11-14, 02:07 PM
Feel free to use it if your DM will allow it (or if you are, yourself, a DM). If I didn't want my stuff used (and critiqued) I wouldn't post it. Just don't try to take credit for it.

:biggrin:

You've just made me a very happy man.

No, that feat was my idea! Grinner is taking credit for it!

OK, I'm just kidding. The fact that none of my players use such specific rules (which includes metamagic feats, taking 10 and 20 and power attack, among other things) makes me think it'll be pretty evil to have an NPC with this feat.

*runs to create the aforementioned NPC*