PDA

View Full Version : Undead Shennanigans

Flail_master
2013-03-12, 05:37 PM
HEY AGAIN!

Okay, so here's the sitch guys. I run a 4e campaign... kinda, one looking to go on for a while. And I have included necromancers as a HEAVY focus in my game, which is all well and good, I can undeadify pretty much anything, I'm versed enough in 4e.

Extra info bout how I run D&D
Now I say it's KINDA a 4e campaign is cos I include a rather significant amount of Homebrew for the sake of the fun. Which is my number one rule (after rule 0), if they arent having fun, I'm doing it wrong, and considering they are relatively new to D&D (but loving it so far, mainly for this reason) I dont bog them down too much with rules where i dont need to. So multiclassing was redone, as are some magic items.

Reasons I need the help
ANYWAYS, what's happened is, a while back, the players did something I never expected (which is something I LOVE, made things so much more interesting)... They actually joined with the necromancers... sort of, they are (mostly) double agents for servants of the Raven Queen. But one or two players have expressed interest in learning to raise undead.

Most of them are ritual casters, and under the tutelage of Necromancers, I'm more than willing to implement a system for them to do so. However 4th edition doesnt have much in the way of raising undead that I'm happy with (trust me I've looked) so I am creating my own method, with a twist of 3.5 thrown into it.

What I need, however, is some advice on creating undead as a ritual. I have most of it down. Level of the ritual will be around level 8-10, for the basic stuff, the 'go hit stuff' ones.

My main issues are:

I need a system for creating undead of the specific creature they want as undead, rather than a generic one for any corpse.
I need a system to regulate the amount they create, losing healing surges permenantly while they are raised is an idea i had, but i think i need more to stop an undead horde from arising.
I introduced the concept of 'revenant' undead (sort of secretly) where the raised dead is capable of everything it was in life, and is just as smart and strong (like the revenant) only under the command of the necromancer, with intuition and intellect of it's own. My BBEG has quite a numerable amount under her control. I need a way to make these undead, and make them VERY hard to make, but also the capability to make many at high level.

It's a lot to ask, I know, but I would be SOOO appreciative of anyone who helps me out... I'll give you a coookiiieee! :elan:

JoshuaZ
2013-03-12, 06:23 PM
You'll probably have more luck if you put this in the Homebrew forum.

Flail_master
2013-03-12, 06:54 PM
You'll probably have more luck if you put this in the Homebrew forum.

Can i request a move or will i just have to repost?