PDA

View Full Version : Orc/Elf Hybrid?

gurgleflep
2013-03-14, 10:23 PM
Hello everyone!
I've been informed that there may already be one existing somewhere deep within the walls of these forums, but I'd rather not venture that path alone!
If it's unable to be found, I'd like some help creating two variations: half-orc/elf (surface, player's handbook) and half-orc/drow (because I like drow).

The one I was told about by Zetapup is possibly known as the "voldur." If somebody could link me to it, tell me the stats, or build one up for me, I'd be very thankful!

Deepbluediver
2013-03-14, 10:26 PM
I think this is what you are looking for:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238557

I vaguely recall at least one other, similar race, with a different picture. But it might take me longer to dig up

gurgleflep
2013-03-14, 10:32 PM
I only know of at least one- This guy:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238557

I vaguely recall at least one more, similar set up, but it might take me longer to dig up

Judging that purely by the name, it's the one I was told about. Thank you! :thog: I'm happier than an orc chef who just obtained fresh ingredients, an elven scholar with an ancient scroll, and a dwarf who just struck mithril!

Deepbluediver
2013-03-14, 10:52 PM
Thank you! :thog: I'm happier than an orc chef who just obtained fresh ingredients, an elven scholar with an ancient scroll, and a dwarf who just struck mithril!

Heh heh. Glad to be of service.

Half-anythings aren't normally my cup of tea, but that was just such an interesting concept I simply HAD to bookmark it.

Hopefully we'll get the forum-search function back one of these days. Until then, careful use of google can serve almost as well.

gurgleflep
2013-03-14, 11:00 PM
Heh heh. Glad to be of service.

Half-anythings aren't normally my cup of tea, but that was just such an interesting concept I simply HAD to bookmark it.

Hopefully we'll get the forum-search function back one of these days. Until then, careful use of google can serve almost as well.

I've bookmarked it as well.
Google is quite useful, but it often leads to the D&DWiki Pages or whatever they're called, and the homebrew there isn't the best. I tend to look for this site :smallsmile:

inuyasha
2013-03-14, 11:41 PM
as for a drowrc do you want me to make one? I am good with that sort of thing :D. just tell me what you want, do you want SLAs strength intelligence what? :p

gurgleflep
2013-03-14, 11:44 PM
as for a drowrc do you want me to make one? I am good with that sort of thing :D. just tell me what you want, do you want SLAs strength intelligence what? :p

I would very much like a drowc :)
What's an SLA though? I'm new to the site and all of these abbreviations.

inuyasha
2013-03-14, 11:46 PM
spell like ability :) and welcome to the playground. We dont bite unless you ask nicely

gurgleflep
2013-03-14, 11:49 PM
spell like ability :) and welcome to the playground. We dont bite unless you ask nicely

Thank you, it's great to be here. Everybody seems so nice (even the rules lawyers!)
Yes, I would like a SLA. I can't think of what it's called, but the darkness orb the full-drow use would be nice. Thank you again :smallbiggrin:

Xuldarinar
2013-03-14, 11:50 PM
Hmm.. How about someone come up with a template you can plug 2 races/subraces into to make a hybrid. Though it would be primarily for things with the same Level Adjustment, gets a bit complicated after that. So.. right off the bat you could make things like:

Elf/Dwarf
Wood Elf/Wild Elf
Halfling/Orc
Gnome/Human

For a +1 LA maybe..
Aasimar/Tiefling

The result should at least be more or less consistent with Half-Elf and Half-Orc.

Empedocles
2013-03-14, 11:50 PM
Aaaaaaaaaah I MADE THE VOLDUR (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238557) whew okay it's a really good feeling to see that my homebrew actually has people that know about it :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:
:smallbiggrin:

If you like that, check out my half-orc and orc rewrites in my signature below, if you feel the need

In other news, if you want me to, I'd be happy to write up a drow-orc hybrid and, yknow, apparently I have a reputation :smalltongue:

EDIT: I feel obliged to point out, after seeing your last post OP, that if you write intelligently and are friendly on these forums (basically, make an effort) it's one of the more productive places on the internet (save maybe kickstarter :smalltongue: ). Now, what we happen to produce may not be the most productive things in the world, but hey, it's QUITE fun. The homebrew forums are especially polite, generally, since edition wars rarely start here (and those are probably the most hostile people ever get; arguing over 3.5 vs. 4e)

inuyasha
2013-03-14, 11:54 PM
actually yea let empedocles do it :p ive done alot of homebrewing lately
Dont be afraid to ask for anything else tho

gurgleflep
2013-03-14, 11:56 PM
Hmm.. How about someone come up with a template you can plug 2 races/subraces into to make a hybrid. Though it would be primarily for things with the same Level Adjustment, gets a bit complicated after that. So.. right off the bat you could make things like:

Elf/Dwarf
Wood Elf/Wild Elf
Halfling/Orc
Gnome/Human

For a +1 LA maybe..
Aasimar/Tiefling

The result should at least be more or less consistent with Half-Elf and Half-Orc.

Halfling/Orc? I can't help but imagine an extremely foul midget with green skin and anger issues. I WANT ONE!

Aaaaaaaaaah I MADE THE VOLDUR (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238557) whew okay it's a really good feeling to see that my homebrew actually has people that know about it :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:
:smallbiggrin:

If you like that, check out my half-orc and orc rewrites in my signature below, if you feel the need

In other news, if you want me to, I'd be happy to write up a drow-orc hybrid and, yknow, apparently I have a reputation :smalltongue:

EDIT: I feel obliged to point out, after seeing your last post OP, that if you write intelligently and are friendly on these forums (basically, make an effort) it's one of the more productive places on the internet (save maybe kickstarter :smalltongue: ). Now, what we happen to produce may not be the most productive things in the world, but hey, it's QUITE fun. The homebrew forums are especially polite, generally, since edition wars rarely start here (and those are probably the most hostile people ever get; arguing over 3.5 vs. 4e)

I quite liked the voldur. One question though: who made the picture for it?
I'll take a look at your other races ASAP, it's quite fun and enjoyable spending my time looking at the homebrew stuff!
Now I want to make the mini-taur...

gurgleflep
2013-03-14, 11:58 PM
I'm fine with either one of you two making the drow/orc :smallsmile:
I want to hug the both of you!

Empedocles
2013-03-15, 12:11 AM
actually yea let empedocles do it :p ive done alot of homebrewing lately
Dont be afraid to ask for anything else tho

'Preciate that, inuyasha :smallsmile: I haven't really had much motivation for homebrew lately. Maybe get back to those dragon generating charts, or making a demon one? I enjoyed that project quite a bit.

Initial Draft of the half-orc half drow:

Half-Orc Drow/Baruk(name is a work in progress, okay? Don't judge)

The black orc of mordor (http://www.outpost31.co/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=133) is a good reference point for what he might look like.

+2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma. The baruk are both powerful and graceful, but they inherit none of their drow parent's natural beauty and charm.

Base land speed of 30 feet

+2 racial bonus on all Intimidate checks

Born For War: The baruk's most basic instincts urge it to battle, and to kill. All baruk can assume the Blood in the Water (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20061225a) stance as a swift action, as a warblade of their HD.

Bred For War: Baruk are trained as warriors from the earliest possible age. They are automatically proficient with two martial weapons of their choice. If the class they take their first level in grants proficiency with martial weapons, they may instead choose to gain Exotic Weapon Proficiency with one weapon of their choice.

Favored Class: Warblade.

Empedocles
2013-03-15, 12:12 AM
That was a very rough draft, but tell me what you think

Empedocles
2013-03-15, 12:14 AM
Halfling/Orc? I can't help but imagine an extremely foul midget with green skin and anger issues. I WANT ONE!

I quite liked the voldur. One question though: who made the picture for it?

I can't find the artist name anymore :smallfrown: Whenever I try to find it again the voldur page just pops up

EDIT: Whoa, really sorry for the triple post there

Xuldarinar
2013-03-15, 12:16 AM

I thought someone would like it. Perhaps when I'm more awake I'll take my own suggestion and brew up a template. A basic one wouldn't be too hard, though it may need some fine tuning.

Frathe
2013-03-15, 12:19 AM
Halfling/Orc? I can't help but imagine an extremely foul midget with green skin and anger issues. I WANT ONE!You know it's a goblin. :smallwink:

^My actual advice when someone asked about that topic.

Xuldarinar
2013-03-15, 12:23 AM
You know it's a goblin. :smallwink:

^My actual advice when someone asked about that topic.

What if thats the origin of goblins? Yeah... A long time ago.... Ok, now I rather not think about it.

gurgleflep
2013-03-15, 12:27 AM
That was a very rough draft, but tell me what you think

I can't find the artist name anymore :smallfrown: Whenever I try to find it again the voldur page just pops up

EDIT: Whoa, really sorry for the triple post there

I quite like it :smallsmile: For a rough draft, that's pretty dang awesome.
Darn :/ I was wanting to thank the artist for making such a great picture.

I thought someone would like it. Perhaps when I'm more awake I'll take my own suggestion and brew up a template. A basic one wouldn't be too hard, though it may need some fine tuning.

I can guarantee I'll use them both, so I can be patient :smallsmile: I look forward to seeing both the completed Baruk (I quite like the name, it's fun to say) and the halfling/orc.
For now though, I must bid you all a goodnight. It's half-past twelve, and I've got some applications to fill out!

inuyasha
2013-03-15, 12:27 AM
someone should do a gnoll rewrite that is a freakin gnoll half gnome half troll...

Xuldarinar
2013-03-15, 02:30 AM
someone should do a gnoll rewrite that is a freakin gnoll half gnome half troll...

Using the template (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276074) I cooked up:

Gnome/Troll

Size and Type: Medium Giant
Ability Score Adjustments: +4 Strength, +2 Dex, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
Speed: 30ft
Vision: Darkvision and Low-light Vision
Natural weapons: Claw (1d4), and Bite (1d6)
+2 Natural armor
Regeneration 2
+1 racial bonus vs Illusions
+1 Listen, +1 Craft (alchemy)
Troll Blood
Gnome Blood
Automatic Languages: Common, Gnome, Giant. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin and Orc
Favored Class: Fighter (or bard?)
Level Adjustment: +2

*Edit: I've adjusted the template and so i've adjusted the traits of the creature above.

gurgleflep
2013-03-15, 11:36 AM

Gnoll half-gnome? They could probably pass off as a young gnoll... the image popping into mind is pretty darned adorable.

Using the template (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276074) I cooked up:

Gnome/Troll

Size and Type: Medium Giant
Ability Score Adjustments: +4 Strength, +2 Dex, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
Speed: 30ft
Vision: Darkvision and Low-light Vision
Natural weapons: Claw (1d4), and Bite (1d6)
+2 Natural armor
Regeneration 2
+1 racial bonus vs Illusions
+1 Listen, +1 Craft (alchemy)
Troll Blood
Gnome Blood
Automatic Languages: Common, Gnome, Giant. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin and Orc
Favored Class: Fighter (or bard?)
Level Adjustment: +2

*Edit: I've adjusted the template and so i've adjusted the traits of the creature above.

How long did it take you to think up that template? I quite like it :smallcool:

Eldan
2013-03-15, 12:10 PM
I recommend the name "Groll". It has a nice ring to it.

Edit: nevermind. I read that as "gnoll/troll hybrid".

Xuldarinar
2013-03-15, 12:15 PM
How long did it take you to think up that template? I quite like it :smallcool:

The template to mix any 2 races (though near LA is easier) took me 1-3 hours overall to do. Give or take. It was late when I did the base so I don't recall, and after I got up I made tweaks.

As for that specific creature, all I did was just plug things into the template. inuyasha suggested the combination somewhat.

gurgleflep
2013-03-15, 02:37 PM
The template to mix any 2 races (though near LA is easier) took me 1-3 hours overall to do. Give or take. It was late when I did the base so I don't recall, and after I got up I made tweaks.

As for that specific creature, all I did was just plug things into the template. inuyasha suggested the combination somewhat.

So it takes a decent amount of time to make a template.
I like how it's turned out, you did a great job.
And I thank Inuyasha for the combination idea :smallsmile: