PDA

View Full Version : Better CLW (PEACH, it's fast)

rockdeworld
2013-03-16, 12:33 PM
I hate Cure Light Wounds (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/cureLightWounds.htm). You can optimize it to heck and back and it's still bad. Healing in combat is a bad idea and IMO this is a large part of the problem. /rant

New idea: Cure Light Wounds
When laying your hand upon a living creature, you channel positive energy that cures 1d12 points of damage per caster level (maximum 5d12).

Alternatively, you may change the target to one creature/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart. In this case, you cure 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 5d6).

CMW: This spell functions like cure light wounds, except that it cures 1d12 points of damage per caster level (maximum 10d12), or 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 10d6) if the target is one creature/level. You may also choose to end one of the following adverse conditions affecting the target: ability damage, blinded, confused, dazed, dazzled, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fatigued, nauseated, sickened, stunned, or poisoned.

CSW: This spell functions like cure light wounds, except that it cures 1d12 points of damage per caster level (maximum 15d12), or 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 15d6) if the target is one creature/level. You may also choose to end one of the following adverse conditions affecting the Target per caster level: ability damage, blinded, confused, dazed, dazzled, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fatigued, nauseated, sickened, stunned, or poisoned.

CCW: This spell functions like cure light wounds, except that it cures 1d12 points of damage per caster level (maximum 20d12), or 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 20d6) if the target is one creature/level. You may also choose to end one of the following adverse conditions affecting the Target per caster level: ability damage, blinded, confused, dazed, dazzled, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fatigued, nauseated, negative level (this can be chosen multiple times, up to your caster level), sickened, stunned, or poisoned.

Bold colors for ease of reading. PEACH!

bobthe6th
2013-03-16, 12:36 PM
I dunno... one of the issues with healing is you don't want to waste any. I always like flat scaling numbers honestly.

Waker
2013-03-17, 02:34 AM
I dunno... one of the issues with healing is you don't want to waste any. I always like flat scaling numbers honestly.

I will agree with bobthe6th that flat, scaling numbers is an advantage. Even if you roll a lot of dice, if many of them turn up as 1s and 2s, you'll be peeved. Perhaps include scaling number similar to how the spells already do, but perhaps not include a cap? Or at the very least, make the cap higher. In addition, let overhealing be converted into temp hp?