PDA

View Full Version : Nexus [Nexus] Mithar Keep III - Girls Gone Modest

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Shadowcaller
2013-03-16, 12:54 PM
The walls stand at a daunting twenty five feet high, cast from seamless black granite that glitters faintly under the morning sun. These very walls surround an eighty foot wide courtyard on four sides, forming a square of safety over the inhabitants. At each of the five corners sits a squat tower, ten feet higher than the walls it is connected to, from which defenders can protect the flanks of the nearest two towers in a near perfect net of safety. Surmounting the towers are gleaming black adamantine spikes, crafted from the Mithar treasure hoard and used to fly flags bearing the crests of the Therishein and Mithar Houses.

Immediately as you enter through the gates you can see two square, flat-topped granite outbuildings flanking either side of the short road leading up to the keep proper. The right most building holds the forge, where Harnel himself works tirelessly to turn out high quality adamantine arms and armor. The left is his armory, stocked high with the fruits of his labor.

The keep itself retains the outer wall's Square setup, four sides of glittering stone reaching almost fifty five feet in height. It is capped by a flat roof that acts as a flight deck for Harnel to take off from and land on. To this end imposing black spikes have been installed to act as perches, so that he and his children will have no trouble landing in extreme weather.

The Floors:In the first apex of the Tower walls from the gate there is a door set deep into the stone. Beyond this door is the ground floor, more specifically the entrance hall where Harnel greets his guests. The room is oddly shaped, a sort of wedge that gets wider towards the exterior walls. Towards the center it converges into three doors, one leading off to the kitchen on the right, and another to the living room on the left. The one in the center leads up a spiral staircase to the next floor, and the ones after that eventually. Also on the first floor is a washroom and Harnel's personal study. All of the rooms are arrayed around the central staircase in the unique wedge shaped pattern.

The second floor is a bit more esoteric, holding only three rooms. On the apex facing the gate is a small space for storing alchemical ingredients and curative potions. The recreational room take up a double sized wedge on the west side, while the east is a room for the safe practice of rituals and other potentially catastrophic magic. Cessie have claimed this room as her laboratory and reinforced it with her own enchantments, making it impossible to enter without her key.

The third is where the family makes its home, including a double sized master bedroom and two guest rooms, one already set aside for the little one on the way. Another bathroom can also be found here, to eliminate the inconvenience of running down two flights of stairs in the middle of the night.

The fourth and final floor was left open and converted into a massive library as Harnel's gift to his lovely Cessie. A place so well stocked with lore, both arcane and mundane, that I'm certain no one could possibly read every tome amongst its shelves. From here the stairs only lead upward to the Aerie, which has been equipped with guard-rails and no slip coatings to ensure that no one takes a nasty tumble to their doom while enjoying the pleasant view.

Because honestly, who builds a tower with roof access and then doesn't install guard-rails? Incompetent contractors, that's who.

Courtyard: The area between the walls and the tower itself where a number of buildings are constructed.

Forge: Here Harnel craft weapons and armor using the adamatite most of the keep is made of.

Armory: This building is filled with the masterwork weapons Harnel have made. It's normally locked to outsiders however.

Green House: Cessie have recently ordered the construction of this building which contains the many plants she have collected around the keep. Especially notable are the fey apple-trees who are shaped just like nymphs and the large rose seeds the sorceress is keeping in stock.
Individuals Living In The Keep:Cessie Mithar: Noblewoman and mage. Human, with black hair and blue eyes. Harnel is her husband.

Harnel Mithar: Nobleman, though he rarely seems the type. A Half-red dragon/human, he's the man of the house, but is sometimes a bit daft.

Cora and Bastion Mithar: About a year old, these two are twins, and the children of Harnel and Cessie

Kirin: Catgirl and maid, she looks unhealthily thin because of her metabolism and eats enormous amounts of food.

Xavier: Xavier is a pixie who often takes on an almost human shape and size. He is staying at the Keep for the near future, though not permanently. He is primarily acting as a research assistant to Cessie in her studies. In exchange for his room and board, Xavier also helps out with household chores when he can.
Notes:Other things of note include the extensive tunnel complex the land was built on, now fully integrated into the design to allow quick access to all of the buildings on sight without exposing the people inside to an enemy siege. These tunnels also join to a rather well built cellar/bomb shelter and Harnel's underground hoard of adamantine bars. An interesting fact: All the metal fixings, including faucets, doorknobs and hinges, were made from this very stash.

The keep is overlooking the city of Inside, on a cliff above. Built into the cliff are natural caverns. Though most have been collapsed, a few, the only entrances remaining leading to the towers themselves. This is where Harnel stores his treasure horde, including the massive stockpile of adamantine.

Keep in mind, the whole place, like so many other locations in the nexus, is dimension locked and warded against scrying.
Thread Rules:This is the cut standard here. Don't destroy the keep, don't godmode, etc. etc. generally, if you need to ask about something, ask. It may end up makking things acceptable rather than if you had simply dropped the situation on us.

As this is a home thread, We aren't worried about things getting a little intense in scenes between characters. Nothing that would offend a moderator, but don't complain if a scene gets a little sexy. That's part of what this is here for.
Old Threads:Mithar Keep (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228040)
Mithar Keep II: Electric Boobaloo (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248887)

Shadowcaller
2013-03-16, 01:01 PM
To the keep!

"Well then we need to get you try lots of new things until you find something you really like. You could just wear them around the house until you're a bit more comfortable and then go out with them. Oooh. We should go clothes shopping! Get you lots of things! Let's go!"
Errr... you just went clothes shopping Ilpholin. Like... yesterday.
And you're forgetting all about the babies.

To the keep!

"Ah... weren't we waiting for Darcy?" Cessie asks as she slowly gets up from her seat. She wasn't against going shopping but that hadn't been what she had in mind.

Reinholdt
2013-03-16, 01:06 PM
To the keep!

"Oh. Right. I forgot. Still hasn't replied." Ilpholin checks her phone and sends another text, just in case. Granted, I don't know if Happy's busy or in too many scenes at the moment either.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-16, 01:10 PM
To the keep!

"Well, tell her we're going to mallside then. But didn't you also want to see Cora and Bastion?" Cessie asks Ilpholin.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-16, 01:15 PM
[Lab]

"Perhaps Cessie can examine it further to be sure, but as far as I can see you're right." Xavier says. He pauses uncertainly. "I was thinking of going out and seeing if there were any interesting plants to harvest this time of year. I was wondering if you'd like to join me?"

"Sure; it's getting toward spring so some early stuff might be coming up. Just let me grab a granola bar or two." And Kirin wants to change into something more comfortable in the forest.

Reinholdt
2013-03-16, 01:26 PM
To the keep!

"Oh. Right. I did. I mean do. We should do that too. First. Unless they're sleeping. I wouldn't want to disturb them."

Shadowcaller
2013-03-16, 02:08 PM
To the keep!

"Kirin said they were sleeping so I'll leave it up to you. We could always see them once we come back. It's feeding feeding time in a few hours anyway." If Ilpholin can tell such things by appearance only, it's likely the sorceress only gives them baby food and formula.

Gullara
2013-03-16, 02:37 PM
[Lab]

"Great." Xavier gives her a broad smile. Just the response he'd been hoping for. "I'll meet you outside in a few minutes then." And with that, he'll head off to prepare as well.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-16, 02:57 PM
Out Front

Kirin steps outside a few minutes later, wearing blue jeans and a light jacket for the still somewhat chilly weather. She has a little fanny pack, for her munchies and anything that she finds, and will watch for Xavier.

happyturtle
2013-03-16, 03:54 PM
To the Keep

Look! UP in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's SUPERDARCY!

Or, just Darcy shapeshifted into a flying creature, circling down to land and change back to human form.

"Hi! I'm not late, am I?" :smallsmile:

Gullara
2013-03-16, 04:30 PM
[Out Front]

Xavier shows up just a few moments later, wearing a light jacket of his own. He has a small bag looped over his shoulder, presumably to carry samples in. "Ah good, you're here already. Let's go then, shall we." He starts to lead the way out of the courtyard. "I have to say, that jacket looks very nice on you." He compliments as they walk.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-16, 04:38 PM
Out Front

"Thanks," Kirin replies. "Anything in particular you're looking for?"

Gullara
2013-03-16, 05:10 PM
[Into the Trees]

"Nothing specific. I just haven't had a chance to explore the area and see what there is to find yet. Hopefully there will be something useful. It's always nice to have a few things on hand even if I don't have any plans." Xavier explains.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-16, 05:17 PM
Into the Trees

"Well, I actually don't know anything about what plants are useful. If you see any, you'll have to point them out to me," Kirin says as they walk. There's still a fair bit of snow around, but the grass is starting to wake up and the birds are beginning to sing again.

Gullara
2013-03-16, 06:18 PM
[Into the Trees]

"That's just fine. Another set of eyes at the very least will be useful, and I'm sure you have much more to offer than that." Xavier says with a smile shot her way.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-16, 06:39 PM
Into the Trees

"Yeah, unfortunately most of my expertise is in research. I was in school so I could go into secretarial work, and took a lot of other classes on the side. What about you?" Kirin asks.

Gullara
2013-03-16, 11:33 PM
[Into the Trees]

"I grew up in a simple tribe here in the Nexus, though some ways away from Inside. I left it at a fairly young age to pursue a more civilized existence. I pursued what education I could, though it wasn't all that easy." Xavier explains, frowning just a little bit at the memory.

But soon the bright smile is back on his lips. "But you sound like you've put some effort into your own education. Not many would take additional classes over top of those they needed. What sort of classes did you take?"

Reinholdt
2013-03-17, 12:02 PM
To the keep!

"Kirin said they were sleeping so I'll leave it up to you. We could always see them once we come back. It's feeding feeding time in a few hours anyway." If Ilpholin can tell such things by appearance only, it's likely the sorceress only gives them baby food and formula.

To the Keep

Look! UP in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's SUPERDARCY!

Or, just Darcy shapeshifted into a flying creature, circling down to land and change back to human form.

"Hi! I'm not late, am I?" :smallsmile:

To the keep!

"Oh ok, we'll see them when we get back then." And thus Ilpholin and Cessie probably headed out of the kitchen to go shopping whereupon Darcy is met!

"Hi Darcy!" Ilpholin moves to give her a quick hug. "No, you're not too late. The babies are sleeping, so we planned on going shopping before seeing them." Plans change frequently however.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-17, 01:10 PM
To the keep!

Shape-shifting? That was certainly impressive. Now the awkward moment where you meet someone you may or may not have meet before. "Yes. I figured we could always go back later." Cessie comments. Once they have hugged she turns to Darcy. "Darcy, have we meet before? I might need a reminder. I'd say it would be odd if we haven't meet considering we're working for the same organization."

Lost_Deep
2013-03-17, 06:24 PM
Into the Trees

"A bit of everything; science, history, math, and I had plans to take an introductory course on magic. I also chose to take some classes on social cues, to help me get over a little issue I had, but that's a ways back by now," Kirin explains as she wanders through the forest.

Gullara
2013-03-17, 07:10 PM
[Into the Trees]

"Oh wow, you've studied a lot." Xavier says, sounding more impressed than surprised. "Not everyone would pursue education as much as you have."

Lost_Deep
2013-03-17, 07:18 PM
Into the Trees

"I'm lucky that my parents had the money! And there are only so many classes needed to go into secretarial work; I had plenty of chances to take additional classes while I was at a big university." She then smiles at Xavier. "Of course, I wouldn't have done it if I didn't love trivia so much."

happyturtle
2013-03-18, 08:17 AM
To the keep!

Shape-shifting? That was certainly impressive. Now the awkward moment where you meet someone you may or may not have meet before. "Yes. I figured we could always go back later." Cessie comments. Once they have hugged she turns to Darcy. "Darcy, have we meet before? I might need a reminder. I'd say it would be odd if we haven't meet considering we're working for the same organization."

"Of course. Remember that thing? And then there was that encounter. And the event." Darcy nods sagely, while her player struggles to remember.

Remembering is hard. :smallfrown:

"Oh yes, and Sakura's wedding." Darcy and Ilpholin were tail wrestling inappropriately!

Reinholdt
2013-03-18, 06:39 PM
To the keep!

Oh yes. Forgot about that. It wasn't even that inappropriate! Cessie's just a spoilsport.

"You've seen her numerous times Cessie! I even remember there being a cake and Sakura and Darcy and you. Not at the wedding though. Some completely random other time." Ilpholin did not eat the cake.
This memory is also fairly vague.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-18, 07:42 PM
To the keep!

"I'm afraid I can't remember any of those times. I can remember the wedding though now that you mention it." Mostly due to the catastrophe that had turned out to be, but at least Sakura had seemed happy with it and that's what counted right?

"In any case, we were on our way to mallside right?" Better to change the subject.

happyturtle
2013-03-19, 10:46 AM
To the Mall!

"Sure." To the Mall!

Gullara
2013-03-19, 12:06 PM
Into the Trees

"I'm lucky that my parents had the money! And there are only so many classes needed to go into secretarial work; I had plenty of chances to take additional classes while I was at a big university." She then smiles at Xavier. "Of course, I wouldn't have done it if I didn't love trivia so much."

[Into the Trees]

"Ah ha, it all makes sense now." Xavier says with a chuckle. "Let me guess, you played a lot of trivia games over your life?"

Lost_Deep
2013-03-19, 12:11 PM
Into the Trees

"Um... since I'm not sure what a trivia game is, I'm going to say no. I just like to gather information and then look for ways it applies in real life. People used to joke that I am a conspiracy theorist, but I prefer to think of myself as a casual detective." Kirin looks up at a nearby bird, getting a good look at it before it flits off.

Gullara
2013-03-19, 12:44 PM
[Into the Trees]

"Ah, I understand. My mistake." Xavier wonders what sort of place she came from now. He never knew what a trivia game was until he came to the much more technologically advanced Inside. Maybe she came from somewhere that never had those sorts of games like he was thinking?

"I think that sounds like an interesting hobby. So did you have any theories about me when I showed up at the front door?" He asks curiously.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-19, 06:26 PM
Into the Trees

"Nah, I don't develop theories about strangers or people who are nice and willing to tell me their stories anyway. And at the time I was distracted, too." She hops up onto a tall stump to get a better view of the area. "One of the best ways to get written up as insane or worse is to make assumptions without any data."

Reinholdt
2013-03-19, 06:54 PM
To the keep!

"I'm afraid I can't remember any of those times. I can remember the wedding though now that you mention it." Mostly due to the catastrophe that had turned out to be, but at least Sakura had seemed happy with it and that's what counted right?

"In any case, we were on our way to mallside right?" Better to change the subject.

To the Mall!

"Sure." To the Mall!

To the Mall!

Off they go!
Exciting.

Gullara
2013-03-19, 11:57 PM
[Into the Trees]

"Hah, that's fair. Best I get a chance to make a proper impression, that's for sure." Xavier stops in front of her and looks up at her. A bit appreciatively, but he's not staring. "Nice view up there?"

Lost_Deep
2013-03-20, 08:52 AM
Into the Trees

"Yeah, there's a bit of bright green over that way so you might find something over there," Kirin says as she points in a direction. "Not much, but it's a start."

Gullara
2013-03-20, 11:11 AM
[Into the Trees]

"Oh, right. Of course." Xavier blinks a couple times. Right, they'd come out here for a reason. Not just chit chat. "Well then, lead the way." He gestures for her to do just that.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-20, 11:28 AM
Into the Trees

If Xavier had wanted to go on a walk for chit chat, he shouldn't have told Kirin he had a reason to go on a walk.

Kirin will hop down and then head towards the green patch she saw a bit away. It's somewhat small, sheltered from the elements by some bushes. "See anything here?"

Gullara
2013-03-20, 12:32 PM
[Into the Trees]

But that would be being direct! Besides, some samples are good too.

"Good eye, Kirin. I think this might be useful." He crouches down next to the collection of small plants and the bit of moss on a rock next to them. "Let me just grab a few samples." He goes about doing that and stowing them away carefully in his bag.

UncleWolf
2013-03-20, 03:16 PM
Ariel's Visit

Ariel doesn't seem bothered by Cessie being upset and simply offers the shimmering Orb to her. "It's part of The Song. Trapped. A gift if you want it. So you can choose to See how I do when you wish." She explains, slowly starting to come to her senses as her mind adapts to the changes that have come over her.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-20, 03:26 PM
Ariel's Visit

Cessie peers at the orb hesitantly. "Could you explain in terms I can understand Ariel?" You are bringing all this on me rather sudden." There is no anger left in her voice however. She was under the effect of the fey fruit after all, no reason to be upset about it.

She summons a pair of force gloves covering her hands and reaches out to take it.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-20, 04:50 PM
Into the Trees

"You just need to smell carefully, and then figure out where the scent is from," Kirin says simply. "It won't be easy to find any particular plants for a bit yet, but in general I should be able to find the places that are thawing fastest. They're the parts that don't smell like snow."

Gullara
2013-03-20, 05:18 PM
[Into the Trees]

"Ohh, of course. I feel foolish now. here I was assuming you had the same senses as me without even realizing it." Xavier says with a chuckle at himself. "You must have a very strong sense of smell."

Lost_Deep
2013-03-20, 05:47 PM
Into the Trees

"No worries, that's common among humans. Mine isn't the strongest, but it is a good bit stronger than what most humans have."

Kirin looks around a bit more. She'll have to get upwind of this patch before she can try to find another one.

Gullara
2013-03-20, 07:11 PM
[Into the Trees]

"Oh, I'm not actually human. Though I suppose a lot of our senses are similar." Xavier corrects. There are of course his antenna. That's different. "I'm a pixie, actually."

Lost_Deep
2013-03-20, 07:19 PM
Into the Trees

"Oh. Uh... not familiar with that kind of thing. What's a pixie?"

Oh. That's interesting.

Gullara
2013-03-20, 08:46 PM
[Into the Trees]

"Oh, I see. Well, you wouldn't think I was one by looking at me. We normally have wings, much like a butterfly's, and we're around five to six inches tall. I have an item that lets me appear like I do. I generally prefer to be this large, actually." Xavier explains.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-20, 09:00 PM
Into the Trees

"Oh. I've never met a pixie before, or heard about it." She's quiet for a bit, and then asks, "Why do you prefer being big?"

Gullara
2013-03-20, 09:21 PM
[Into the Trees]

"Well I don't interact with other pixies much these days. It's much more convenient to be the same size as the people you're around most of the time. It's easier to conduct my studies and research as well." Xavier is wondering if this is at all off putting for her... He really hopes not.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-20, 09:34 PM
Into the Trees

"Huh... you just got into magical research, and walked away from most everything? That's... I don't know if I could do that."

Kirin went to college, yeah, but that is a bit... extreme.

Gullara
2013-03-20, 11:18 PM
[Into the Trees]

"Well, it's a bit more complicated than that. I felt very... out of place among my tribe." Xavier says. He seems uncertain how to put it. It's not something he's explained much before. "You see, my people were very primitive and violent. A tribal society of hunter gatherers who were frequently in one conflict or another. I was very different in that I had no interest in such things. It didn't make me particularly popular as I'm sure you can imagine. So I eventually set off on my own."

Lost_Deep
2013-03-21, 08:45 AM
Into the Trees

"Huh. You know, that reminds me of a saying: 'There's an oddball in every group, and they are either treated as a fool, a stranger, or a commander.' I always thought it was kind of silly, but I seem to keep meeting these oddball types."

Presumably she's referring to more than just the Keep.

Gullara
2013-03-21, 09:33 AM
[Into the Trees]

"Seems the saying has some merit to it then. Although, now I feel less interesting knowing you've met plenty of other 'oddballs'." Xavier says jokingly.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-21, 09:40 AM
Into the Trees

"Hey, humans and surricinals and lupinals are all things I know about and have read about. Pixies, that are apparently little hunter things, are something that I straight up do not know about. Or, well, didn't. Of course, a lot of things in the nexus seem to be that way; there's now way you would have heard about them until you meet one. You can't research everything; it's literally impossible!" She sounds somewhat amazed at this.

Gullara
2013-03-21, 09:57 AM
[Into the Trees]

Xavier smiles broadly at her. Her attitude in the face of all these things that she doesn't know is refreshing. He really likes it, in fact. "It's remarkable, isn't it. I felt very much the same way when I first left my tribe. I still do, really. It makes for so many interesting discoveries and opportunities to learn something new."

Lost_Deep
2013-03-21, 10:06 AM
Into the Trees

"I guess it is a bit of an adventure; it's just that I can never be sure if what I'm learning will be useful later, and even if I know what's coming I don't know if any research will be useful. There's always going to be a certain level that there was no way you could prepare yourself for it, but... in the nexus you sometimes get to that point every day."

Kirin shrugs. She is fond of new knowledge, but it seems she doesn't have the same hunger for discovery that Xavier does.

Gullara
2013-03-21, 10:51 AM
[Into the Trees]

"The way I see it, you've just got to approach every new experience with an open mind and you can handle most things that get tossed your way. After a while it becomes natural." Xavier says. "How long have you been in the Nexus now, if you don't mind me asking?"

Lost_Deep
2013-03-21, 11:11 AM
Into the Trees

"Umm... a year and a bit now, I think. I haven't been paying too much attention to the passage of time..." She suddenly seems a bit sad.

Gullara
2013-03-21, 11:24 AM
[Into the Trees]

Xavier looks confused for a moment by the shift in mood, but it doesn't take long for it to occur to him. "Oh. Did you... end up leaving someone behind when you came here?" He asks gently.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-21, 11:29 AM
Into the Trees

"Yeah. She started out as my roommate in college, and we became fast freinds, but... something went wrong, and she was in a bad situation. In fact, when I was pulled here I was trying to research her condition. I dozed off in the campus library, and woke up in Cessie's." While probably not what Xavier expected, it does answer the question.

Gullara
2013-03-21, 11:54 AM
[Into the Trees]

Not what Xavier was expecting no, and he feels a bit guilty for the small feeling of relief he gets from that. But much more so he's sympathetic, however. "I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that she's doing alright now."

Lost_Deep
2013-03-21, 03:34 PM
Into the Trees

"Yeah, me too. I haven't found a way to help her from here, so I try not to worry."

She shrugs, mainly trying to get her mind off of it, and keeps walking. "What about you? You leave anyone behind, or didn't you have any friends?"

UncleWolf
2013-03-21, 03:52 PM
Ariel's Visit

"It's a link to a semi-stable portion of The Warp." Ariel says, her mind cleared, but the other effects still in place. "Think of it as a conduit of power. Normally I'd have never tried to harness such an object, but..." She falls silent, suddenly embarrassed by her lack of self-control.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-21, 04:38 PM
Ariel's Visit

"So what properties does it have?" The sorceress asks curiously, her caution giving away to fascination by the object. "The little I have read about the warp paints an all too grim image." Mostly by researching Ariel's other mothers cult. <.< "But the key of making something less dangerous is understanding it in my opinion." Even controlling it. Perhaps it could be used for good?

UncleWolf
2013-03-22, 12:59 PM
Ariel's Visit

"It amounts to an endless battery of power. It probably isn't safe to tap it too much at once as it might make it unstable." Ariel advises as she looks over the orb, walking around Cessie to do so and peering at it curiously before poking it with a bare finger. She doesn't seem affected by it when her finger sinks in. "It's of a corrupt nature, so those that are pure should probably avoid touching it physically or mentally. Keeping it in a box of lead or something enchanted should block any minor influence over the realm it might have."

Shadowcaller
2013-03-22, 01:08 PM
Ariel's Visit

Corruption. Mental corruption. That was just bad news. She takes her hand off it. "Understood." She remarks, glad that she had the force gloves on. "You use these words pure and corrupt. What do they mean exactly? Are you "pure"?"

UncleWolf
2013-03-22, 01:16 PM
Ariel's Visit

"Those that have been influenced by The Warp's transmutive energies." She explains before offering a small, if somewhat fearful, smile. "And no, I wouldn't be called pure. My...ancestry has seen to that." She says, raising up her tail and pointing to a pair of nubby horns that help hold up her hat.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-22, 01:26 PM
Ariel's Visit

"Ah, so it's a "corruption" of the body, just like that corruption that effected my husband." Cessie observes. Since after all, Ariel looked more human then Cora and Bastion did and she hardly had a problem with the appearance of her own children. "Just of a more insubstantial nature." She looks over Ariel. "But trust me, you don't look nearly as ridiculous as I do after eating those apples." Cessie comments with a smile.

UncleWolf
2013-03-22, 01:34 PM
Ariel's Visit

"Well, maybe a single apple didn't have the full effect on me? How do they work?" She supposes curiously before looking around for another one if there is one. "I have my head back, so I don't see much harm in maybe trying more. The apple tasted pretty good too..."

Shadowcaller
2013-03-22, 01:40 PM
Ariel's Visit

There aren't any apples nearby sadly. "The energy actually comes from the apple seeds, the fruit itself doesn't have as high concentration of aether as the seed itself does." Cessie happily explains. "So more then one apple won't have any added effect, it will only make your current condition last longer. The seed of it however have a much more concentrated and potent effect according to my studies of it. I have yet dared to try it myself actually as I theorize it would bring out the elemental part of me which would be hard to control."

UncleWolf
2013-03-22, 01:43 PM
Ariel's Visit

Ariel tilts her head in thought at that and gets a small mischivious smile as she grabs the apple core she left near the door and digs out a pair of seeds with her claws. "Then how about we go somewhere safer and try it together?" She asks, nearly grinning as she offers a seed.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-22, 01:53 PM
Ariel's Visit

"Ah... that's probably a bad idea Ariel. The seeds effect last for hours and there is no way to tell what we will do during that time. We could harm innocents with such a great amount of power collected in us at once." The sorceress cautions. She probably shouldn't have told Ariel about the seed in retrospect.

UncleWolf
2013-03-22, 01:59 PM
Ariel's Visit

"So we record the process and bind ourselves to the location. If it brings out your elemental self, and my...whatever, then it should be simple enough to make a few wards to keep non-mortals in a location. Like a Circle." Ariel points out.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-22, 02:06 PM
Ariel's Visit

The sorceress looks thoughtfully at Ariel. "That could work..." But was she really considering listening to the idea of someone effected by a fey apple? "Though I'm afraid that we could easily break whatever wards we make once we're in that state. Not to mention that we could hurt each other. Not that I actually think it should overwrite our personalties completely. I have considered all this after all." She admits.

UncleWolf
2013-03-22, 02:09 PM
Ariel's Visit

"We could place the initiating runes on the outside of the circle and strengthen them. If we go as out-of-mind as you suspect, it won't occur to us to even try. And we could make multiple layers of wards. It's a better way to do it than any other and provides us with a comfortable chance of getting it right." She presses, hoping that Cessie gives in.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-22, 02:17 PM
Ariel's Visit

"Wouldn't it be better if we do it one at the time in that case?" Cessie questions. "Then we could keep check on each other in case something goes wrong? Kirin, our employee offered herself up to test just that and it actually worked rather well." But she wasn't actually considering this right?

UncleWolf
2013-03-22, 02:29 PM
Ariel's Visit

"It's certainly safer, but depending on what happens, loneliness could easily drive a person insane if they're imprisoned and the effects are powerful enough." Ariel points out. "Having company inside gives a small anchor to the mind and restrain them, making sure they don't do anything too drastic."

Shadowcaller
2013-03-22, 02:34 PM
Ariel's Visit

"I'd still feel safer with a method I have already tried. Besides, I'm not sure how to actually document the effects without anyone asking questions to the one being effected. While the visuals might be very interesting I fear I wouldn't learn much by us expanding our powers in such a small area." Cessie replies. "Though we wouldn't lose our memories what happened at the very least." She explains. "In any case, I don't like the idea of us doing it at once but if you want I could try to prepare some kind of binding circle at a safe location." The idea was something she always had wanted to try out after all.

UncleWolf
2013-03-22, 02:41 PM
Ariel's Visit

Ariel's ecstatic shivering of energy slows down and her smile drops slightly as a worried and slightly frightened look comes across her face. "I...I guess you're right. Just...it's not something that I want to do alone. As brave and adventurous as I am, it'd be easier for me if I had someone with me. Cutting loose isn't something I do. Maybe someone else could volunteer to be in there while you watch?" She suggests weakly.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-22, 02:51 PM
Ariel's Visit

"But I will be there for you Ariel, I promise. I wouldn't want anything bad happen to you. The sorceress attempts to sooth Ariel. "You might not be my daughter, but I still wouldn't want you harmed in any way. I won't simply just watch, I will try to communicate with you through the entire session."

UncleWolf
2013-03-22, 02:56 PM
Ariel's Visit

Ariel shakes her head. "If I do it, don't try to talk to me telepathically. Put up wards against it. You don't want more contact with my mind than necessary." She warns, taking her book from her waist and holding it tight to her chest without actually thinking about it. "It might even get too hard to look at if it goes far enough. Just run if it gets that way, please."

Shadowcaller
2013-03-22, 03:00 PM
Ariel's Visit

Cessie slowly nods. That would make things complicated. She puts her hand on Ariel's shoulder, trying to reassure her. "You think that I'd be immune to that in elemental form?" She asks gently, trying to look Ariel in the eyes.

UncleWolf
2013-03-22, 03:08 PM
Ariel's Visit

Ariel smiles a bit when her Not-Mother touches her shoulder and she looks up. "I'm not sure, but it is possible. The Warp can influence non-living things, but a great many beings are simply immune or highly resistant to the influence. An elemental probably would be, despite having a humanish mind." She says before looking a bit apologetic. "And in case I do lose it, it'd be something capable of incapacitating me."

Shadowcaller
2013-03-22, 03:14 PM
Ariel's Visit

The sorceress looks thoughtful for a moment. "Okay... I think I know how we will do this. If you don't want to do this alone I could try asking Arik if he could watch over the ritual. I would probably need him to make the wards anyway. How does that sound?"

UncleWolf
2013-03-22, 03:17 PM
Ariel's Visit

Ariel instantly brightens up, literally as her skin begins to glow faintly, and grins. "I'd love to meet this Uncle Arik. The other one helped teach me back home." She admits.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-22, 03:28 PM
Ariel's Visit

"Really? Well', I'm glad you have got to known him. I'm talking to him right now actually. He says he'd be interested in meeting you too." Cessie replies with a smile, Ariel's mirth seemingly very infectious.

Halae
2013-03-27, 04:30 PM
[Master Bedroom]

Harnel will wake up slowly, likely holding onto Cessie in his sleep. Sure, his brain is working fine, but his body was just resting, and it's hard to get it going quickly. Still, he'll open his eyes to look at his wife and smile.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-27, 04:36 PM
[Master Bedroom]

The sorceress is still sleeping peacefully next to him. But there is evidence that this haven't always been the case as her hair is a mess and she have somehow managed to warp her sheets around her body in her sleep.

Halae
2013-03-27, 05:11 PM
[Master Bedroom]

... what? How did she manage that?

Harnel will move over and kiss her neck to give her a bit of a pleasant wake up.

Gullara
2013-03-27, 05:16 PM
Into the Trees

"Yeah, me too. I haven't found a way to help her from here, so I try not to worry."

She shrugs, mainly trying to get her mind off of it, and keeps walking. "What about you? You leave anyone behind, or didn't you have any friends?"

[Into the Trees]

"Oh, I have some siblings and my parents, though I wasn't especially close to them. The same goes for my few friends." Xavier shrugs. It's something he's accepted a long time ago.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-27, 05:34 PM
[Master Bedroom]

You do strange things in your sleep. As he kisses her, she slowly starts to move. "Mmmm..." She now appears to be trying to get out of her sheets. "I had a really wonderful dream..." He can hear her mumble.

Halae
2013-03-27, 05:37 PM
[Master Bedroom]

"Why don't you tell me about it?" Harnel says quietly, wondering what she remembers.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-27, 05:44 PM
[Master Bedroom]

"Ah... it wasn't a very vivid dream. I just remember a good feeling. I think you were there though." Maybe the dream wasn't related to Harnel escapades? Cessie continues to struggle against the sheets which eventually loosens which allows her to turn around and face him with a smile.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-27, 06:49 PM
Into the Trees

"Wow. That must have been very sad. I had enough trouble going to college, I can't imagine doing that." But... you know, she kind of has. She just didn't have a choice in it.

Gullara
2013-03-28, 08:12 AM
[Into the Trees]

"I'm content with how things have turned out. There's no reason to pity me." He assures her. He's definitely not mopey about it. It is what it is.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-28, 08:55 AM
Into the Trees

"That's good."

However, Kirin has already turned to musing on her own fate, and is sounding a bit somber.

Gullara
2013-03-28, 09:47 AM
[Into the Trees]

Xavier realizes he's stumbled upon a topic that's more than a bit treacherous, but maybe he can reassure her a bit. "If you want to talk about it, I'd be willing to listen. Or we can continue our walk." He gives her a reassuring smile.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-28, 09:53 AM
Into the Trees

"Well, there isn't much to talk about, is there? Talking isn't going to fix the issue, and until something is found that might do that, I don't think there's any point to talking about it." She sighs, not really that comfortable with it. She likes Cessie, and Harnel, and their friends, and the twins... but she misses the people she left behind, too.

Gullara
2013-03-28, 12:09 PM
[Into the Trees]

Xavier recognizes that she doesn't want to talk about it anymore, and changes the subject. "I understand. So let's keep walking then, shall we? You said we needed to go upwind of this patch, right?"

Lost_Deep
2013-03-28, 12:12 PM
Into the Trees

"Right, right." Kirin walks a bit, looking around. "The trees will probably start budding soon; that will be pretty."

Gullara
2013-03-28, 12:41 PM
[Into the Trees]

"It will. I love Spring. It's so full of life; it never fails to make me feel good." Xavier says with a little smile. "Winter is definitely not my season. Much too cold."

Lost_Deep
2013-03-28, 03:42 PM
Into the Trees

"Yeah, I hear that. I really prefer spring and fall, when the temperature mellows out. It's a pity they both tend to be rainy, though... or, well, I don't mind rain as long as I have to go out in it." She eyes the sky, but it's clear out. "I like the sound of it and the smell of it, it's just that I don't like mud or getting wet."

Halae
2013-03-28, 05:01 PM
[Master Bedroom]

"Ah... it wasn't a very vivid dream. I just remember a good feeling. I think you were there though." Maybe the dream wasn't related to Harnel escapades? Cessie continues to struggle against the sheets which eventually loosens which allows her to turn around and face him with a smile.[Master Bedroom]

Harnel smiles and moves closer to give her a kiss, "I love you, Sia Memamosal."

Shadowcaller
2013-03-28, 06:30 PM
[Master Bedroom]

Cessie returns the kiss and smiles. "So do you remember what you dreamed of? You seem to be in such a good mood after all."

Halae
2013-03-28, 06:33 PM
[Master Bedroom]

"A demon came by and put me in your mindscape," Harnel says, "Apparently she was hoping I'd give into lust and ravage your mental aspects or something."

Shadowcaller
2013-03-28, 06:52 PM
[Master Bedroom]

And Harnel just managed to kill the mood. Way to go dragon boy!
"Excuse me?" That was one of the weirdest thing she had ever heard Harnel say.

Halae
2013-03-28, 06:55 PM
[Master Bedroom]

"That's what I dreamt of last night," he says, "I talked to a bunch of your mental aspects and then left. Arik was there briefly as well."

Shadowcaller
2013-03-28, 07:25 PM
[Master Bedroom]

"That sounds oddly familiar to what Aegnor described to me." The sorceress replies. "I have to admit though, these things do seem to keep happening. Only you can get visited by demons who somehow takes you into my mindscape." Harnel was a magnet for these odd events. "So did you learn anything important?"

Halae
2013-03-28, 07:29 PM
[Master Bedroom]

"Beyond what we need to do to get you more power? Not really," Harnel says, yawning, "though you do look good with short hair."

Shadowcaller
2013-03-28, 07:50 PM
[Master Bedroom]

"Not anything I already know I suppose?" Cessie asks. "Being in my mindscape and all." The sorceress states as she get a mischievous look in her eyes. "It didn't involve boobs I suppose?" She teases. Clearly the ultimate power is tied to the size of your chest!

Halae
2013-03-28, 11:30 PM
[Master Bedroom]

Harnel grins, "Alas, it is not to be," he pokes her in the chest, "What we need to do to get you more power is bind elementals with their own power to your will. Not the things that are made of eldritch, but actual creatures. I understand it's common practice in a few worlds."

Shadowcaller
2013-03-28, 11:35 PM
[Master Bedroom]

"I'm not sure I can actually absorb such energy thought Harnel. I can't control other energies then eldritch no matter what you tie to me." Cessie explains. "But you didn't happen to go over the subject of that third child while you were there? I figured you'd be eager about that."

Halae
2013-03-29, 12:12 AM
[Master Bedroom]

He makes a sort of shrug, "I was trying to keep my personal interests out of it. If you want, I can go back in and see about that." :smalltongue:

Gullara
2013-03-29, 12:47 AM
Into the Trees

"Yeah, I hear that. I really prefer spring and fall, when the temperature mellows out. It's a pity they both tend to be rainy, though... or, well, I don't mind rain as long as I have to go out in it." She eyes the sky, but it's clear out. "I like the sound of it and the smell of it, it's just that I don't like mud or getting wet."

[Into the Trees]

Xavier chuckles a little bit. "I can understand that. It not the most pleasant feeling. I'll bet it's even more bothersome with fur."

Shadowcaller
2013-03-29, 06:48 AM
[Master Bedroom]

Really now Harnel? It didn't sound like that. :smalltongue:
The sorceress chuckles. "No, that won't be necessary dear. I actually prefer having my mind to myself so even if I love you, I don't want you visiting again, okay?" She says firmly. "But what I was meaning to say was that I have been thinking about it and I have decided we should try to have all our three children at the same time." The sorceress states with empathize on the word three. Looks like that's her limit, unless it's twins again I suppose.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-29, 11:21 AM
Into the Trees

"It is, it really is. Especially when I have a winter coat." She looks at her arm. "I'm going to be shedding all over the place in the next few weeks. I'm glad I'm a short-hair..."

Gullara
2013-03-29, 12:50 PM
[Into the Trees]

"Ah, I imagine that would be troublesome. It must be nice in the winter, though. I know I can't stand the cold." Xavier says.

Gullara
2013-03-29, 01:57 PM
[Sitting Room]

Sakura walks into the room carrying Cora and Bastion in either arm. She sets them down on a blanket where she left Laela earlier. "You three play nice now." She says with a warm smile for the babies. With that done, she takes a seat next to Cessie. "They're so cute when they play with each other, aren't they."

Halae
2013-03-29, 02:19 PM
[Master Bedroom]

>.>

"So, you're saying you want it handled as soon as possible then?" He's moving a bit closer, a grin on his face.

[Sitting Room]

Indeed, cuteness!

Bastion lifts his foot into his mouth and just sort of sits there looking grumpy, but Cora is already going over to Laela to do what apparently looks like a body slam.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-29, 03:17 PM
[Master Bedroom]

"As soon as you'd be willing dear." The sorceress replies sweetly.

Everyone knows where this will lead though.

[Sitting Room]

The mage, who were busy reading a book looks up. "Ah, yes." She glances at Cora. "As long as they don't hurt each other."

Gullara
2013-03-29, 03:24 PM
[Sitting Room]

Laela giggles as Cora lands on her. She grabs at the other baby and pushes back against her.

Sakura's giggle echos Laela's own. "Oh they're doing fine. I don't think they could do anything to each other. We're going to have to watch them when they're older, though. Cora is as energetic as Laela is."

Halae
2013-03-29, 03:42 PM
[Master Bedroom]

Curtains! Curtains everywhere!

[Sitting Room]

Cora continues to wrestle with Laela, grabbing Laela by the arms and pushing them awayso she can giggle and knock her head against the other girl's chest.

Bastion, meanwhile, is still just grumping a short distance away. He even makes a "Harumph" sound.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-29, 03:59 PM
Into the Trees

"It's the only thing keeping me warm in winter; I have no fat on my bones at all." She looks very skinny, but not that skinny... until you realize that the only meat on her bones is muscle; but it's hard to tell that through the fur.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-29, 09:44 PM
[Sitting Room]

"I guess." Cessie remarks before glancing at Cora and Laela again. "Don't you feel weird looking at our children playing together? It feels like it was just yesterday we meet at trog's and now here we are. Both mothers."

Gullara
2013-03-29, 11:21 PM
[Sitting Room]

"I know, right. So much has changed in the last couple years. That day in Trog's feels like ages ago now." Sakura smiles at the memory. "It's kind of amazing we connected like we did. I still remember how scandalized you were by what I wore. Or what I didn't wear I should say."

Laela continues to struggle against Cora. She pushes back and tries to roll over onto Cora. Hah!

[Into the Trees]

Xavier looks down at her body, for a moment too long. He seems to realize this, as his eyes snap back up to her face. "That's unfortunate that the cold is a problem, but if you don't mind me saying, you look quite pretty." The pixie's cheeks colour a little.

Halae
2013-03-30, 03:27 AM
[Sitting Room]

Laela manages to wrestle Cora over. Oh no! The dragon girl is pinned!

Lost_Deep
2013-03-30, 10:05 AM
Into the Trees

"Well, thank you. I put a lot of work into staying in shape." Kirin stops, and then turns her head away from Xavier. "That's... an interesting smell."

Gullara
2013-03-30, 10:24 AM
[Into the Trees]

Xavier is distracted from trying to decide if that was a successful compliment by whatever it is that grabbed Kirin's attention. "Oh? Something you've never smelled around here?" He asks curiously.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-30, 11:35 AM
Into the Trees

"Yeah... it smells... that's really weird." Kirin will head off in a direction, sniffing. If Xander follows, after a minute or two he'll smell a slight whiff of some sweet scent.

Gullara
2013-03-30, 11:39 AM
[Into the Trees]

Xavier does indeed follow, and pauses when he smells it himself. "I smell it too. What is that?" The pixie continues following, wondering what it could be.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-30, 12:42 PM
Into the Trees

"I don't know; I've never smelled anything like it." A bit further on, the smell is much stronger. "Bluh, it's like someone stuffed cotton candy into my sinuses. I don't see anything... it must be a very strong-smelling thing." Kirin stops and rubs her nose.

Gullara
2013-03-30, 01:58 PM
[Into the Trees]

"Yeah, that's really strange. I wonder where it is." Xavier can smell it, though not nearly as strongly as Kirin. It's odd, though. He starts to look around for the source.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-30, 02:13 PM
Into the Trees

"That way, I think. Let's go, I'm really curious..."

Kirin leads a bit more, until she sees a green stem heavy with pink bell-like flowers. "That's it!"

Gullara
2013-03-30, 03:45 PM
[Into the Trees]

Xavier goes and kneels down in front of the blooming plant. "It's quite a pretty little thing. Such a strong smell, though." He puts a finger under one flower and lifts it a bit to examine it. "I don't think I've seen one quite like this."

Lost_Deep
2013-03-30, 04:07 PM
Into the Trees

"The smell is... diffrnt... hrrr..."

Kirin passes out. Oh dear. In fact... if Xavier stays here, he might start to feel a little drowsy, too...

Gullara
2013-03-30, 04:40 PM
[Into the Trees]

"Kirin? Kirin!" Xavier turn and goes over to where the catgirl collapsed. He makes sure she's lying comfortably and kneels down next to her. Well that's odd. It takes him a moment to realize he's feeling drowsy as well.

"Odd." His eye go back to the flower. Perhaps that's it. He goes over to the flower and snips it off at the base of the stem. He takes a brown, putty-like substance from his bag and puts it around the cut end of the stem. He then stows it away in a sealed plastic bag. Hopefully that'll solve the drowsiness issue. He's feeling a little unsteady by now.

With that taken care of, Xavier picks up Kirin bridal style and starts carrying her back toward the keep. It's a good thing she's so light, as he isn't very strong at all.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-30, 04:55 PM
Into the Trees

Really, really light... Kirin wieghs about forty pounds; way, WAY too light.

Happily, the drowsiness effect does go away after it's put away... but it still smells REALLY sweet.

Like someone was pushing cotton candy up your nose, even.

Gullara
2013-03-30, 06:18 PM
[Into the Keep]

Xavier carries Kirin into the Keep. He's feeling better already now that he's got some fresh air. Once inside, he goes and lays Kirin on the couch. He leaves her for just a moment to get a damp cloth and put it on her forehead. He'll sit on the couch at her head until she wakes up.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-30, 06:23 PM
Into the Keep

A couple minutes later, Kirin wrinkles her nose and rolls over. She can still smell the sweet scent (and maybe the sleep scent?), and does not like the assault on her nose as the first thing that happens when the comes to.

"Whaaa..."

Gullara
2013-03-30, 06:57 PM
[Into the Keep]

"Oh, Kirin." Xavier kneels down next to her again. "How are you feeling? You passed out in the woods." He explains. He sounds worried, but at least she looks to be okay.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-30, 07:36 PM
Into the Keep

Kirin buries her face in the cushions. "Could you get rid of that plant? I can still smell it! It smells very strong... could you just put it somewhere else?"

Gullara
2013-03-31, 01:04 AM
[Into the Keep]

"Oh, I'm sorry. I sealed it in a plastic bag..." Xavier hurries and put his bag out of the front step. The breeze should carry away the bulk of the scent now. "Is that better?" He asks as he returns.

Lost_Deep
2013-03-31, 09:20 AM
Into the Keep

"Yeah... I bet that bag will reek when you next open it." She sits up and shakes herself awake. "I just passed out? Maybe it was that smell."

Gullara
2013-03-31, 11:00 AM
[Into the Keep]

"I was feeling pretty drowsy myself before I got you out of there. It must have been it." Xavier explains. It's the only explanation that makes sense. "You're feeling okay now, right?"

Lost_Deep
2013-03-31, 11:23 AM
Into the Keep

Kirin stand up and stretches a bit. "Yeah. I've heard about these kind of things before... but I wonder why a plant would make a trap like that. It didn't attack you? A lot of plants with traps like that are carnivorous, and eat their prey after incapacitating it. It certainly didn't look carnivorous."

Shadowcaller
2013-03-31, 11:30 AM
[Sitting Room]

"I know, right. So much has changed in the last couple years. That day in Trog's feels like ages ago now." Sakura smiles at the memory. "It's kind of amazing we connected like we did. I still remember how scandalized you were by what I wore. Or what I didn't wear I should say."

Laela continues to struggle against Cora. She pushes back and tries to roll over onto Cora. Hah!

[Sitting Room]

"I can barely remember why I started talking with you to be honest. Or did you start to talk to me? I can't recall honestly. I do remember spending a night in a tree however. That was rough." She could still feel the soreness the morning afterwards. >.<

Gullara
2013-03-31, 11:56 AM
[Sitting Room]

Sakura laughs. "That was fun! Well I guess you never liked the morning after. I dunno if I could do that anymore myself, though. I think I'm got too used to a soft bed." She gives Cessie a look. "This is clearly all your fault."

Laela flops on top of Cora and grabs at her arm. She gums at the other baby's arm.

[Into the Keep]

"No, I never saw anything." Xavier stands as well. "I'd examined the plant a bit more, too, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary."

Lost_Deep
2013-03-31, 12:00 PM
Into the Keep

"Well... probably the thing to do is to take it to Cessie and have her look at it in the lab. It doesn't seem to be too dangerous, but I bet she would still like to look at it." Kirin then gets out a granola bar and takes a bite out of it. She didn't feel like going all the way to the kitchen to solve a case of being mildly peckish.

Gullara
2013-03-31, 12:21 PM
[Into the Keep]

"She might have more ideas and methods than I do. Let's do that." Xavier will go to get his bag, and then return to accompany Kirin up to the lab. She might want to plug her nose. :smalltongue:

Lost_Deep
2013-03-31, 01:02 PM
Into the Keep

Kirin does cover her nose, and head toward the lab. If she can, she will seal the flower in a proper receptacle and leave a note for Cessie on the flower. Xavier may note that Kirin goes into a lot of detail; she knows that details can be important in any experiment or investigation.

In addition, Xavier may notice (and Kirin certainly notices) that despite the fact that the flower is in an airtight container it can still be smelled strongly!

Gullara
2013-03-31, 01:08 PM
[Into the Keep]

"I can still smell it. That is so strange." Xavier peers at the flower through the container Kirin put it in. He really doesn't know what to make of that. "It's unlike anything I've ever seen before. It must have some purpose."

Lost_Deep
2013-03-31, 01:16 PM
Into the Keep

"Yeah," Kirin agrees. "No idea what it could be, though." She then heads out of the lab. "That was a nice walk, Xavier, and I liked talking to you, but I think I should get back to my work."

Gullara
2013-03-31, 01:23 PM
[Into the Keep]

Xavier gives her a broad smile. "I really enjoyed talking with you too. We'll have to do it again sometime. Have a good day, I'll see you later." Xavier heads off then, humming happily to himself as he goes.

UncleWolf
2013-03-31, 03:40 PM
Ariel's Visit

"Really? Well', I'm glad you have got to known him. I'm talking to him right now actually. He says he'd be interested in meeting you too." Cessie replies with a smile, Ariel's mirth seemingly very infectious.

Ariel's Visit

Ariel can't help but squee a bit and tries to run up and hug Cessie happily. "Tell him I'll be waiting!" She practically yells before running off, tome clutched in her chest as she heads to the foyer.

Once she gets there, she takes a seat on a chair and tucks her legs beneath her crosswise so she can concentrate internally. With her chaotic origin, she's become quite good at controlling herself and her powers, and after twenty minutes or so, her color fades to normal as she reduces the effects of the apple in her system. The entire time she can't help but smile at the thought of getting to see her Uncle again.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-31, 03:56 PM
Ariel's Visit

Cessie is there, waiting with Ariel. "Alright, he's here now. But remember, this isn't your uncle. He still finds the idea of lesbian relationships a bit odd. Like the one between your mothers." She warns.

But sure enough, there is a knock and the sorceress goes to open the door, revealing Arik on the other side. He's dressed in a purple robe with a black belt around his waist. He looks to be about thirty and still in his prime but his face show the bitterness of a much older man. But as he see Cessie he still smiles. "Long time no see sis. It is good to see you again, even under these circumstances."

UncleWolf
2013-03-31, 04:00 PM
Ariel's Visit

Ariel opens her eyes and when she sees her "Uncle" she can't help but smile. When he enters, she gets up and gives him a neat curtsy. "It's great to meet you, Arik." She says with all honesty.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-31, 04:08 PM
Ariel's Visit

Cessie smiles as well. "Arik, this is Ariel that I have told you about. It's great that you finally get to meet."

The lich raises an eyebrow as he sees the younger woman. "Yes." He replies curtly as he stares at Ariel in disbelief. "I can see the family resemblance." He states, sounding rather surprised over his own words. "You are a mage?" He then asks Ariel as he takes a few step closer.

UncleWolf
2013-03-31, 04:11 PM
Ariel's Visit

Ariel steps a bit closer to allow Arik to examine her a little better. "I suppose you could call me one. More like a bastardized cross of a Hestopian Mage and what is called a Psyker (someone who's soul is a conduit of unformed energies). I use the mechanics of the former to bestow form and power on the abilities of the latter." She explains as best as she can.

Shadowcaller
2013-03-31, 07:14 PM
Ariel's Visit

Arik looks at Ariel as a scientist would look at a newly discovered (successful) genetic experiment. "Curious." He looks back at Cessie. "You sure about this? Uncontrolled power is no power at all."

The sorceress seems to hesitate for a moment. "I think it would be a very vital part of my research about the eldritch forces which guides mages within our world and now that Ariel is here I think we might be able to control it better."

Arik shakes his head. "There are risks in science, but I don't want you to hurt yourself Cessie."

"Come on Arik. We have been over this. You haven't even properly introduced yourself to Ariel yet."

The lich stops himself from sighting and turns to Ariel again. "Very well. I suppose you want to infuse yourself with a large amount of aether energy. I can not for obvious reasons."

[Sitting Room]

"I believe that would be your own wish fault. I still can't believe you asked that being for something after all that have happened to me and Harnel." Cessie replies.

Gullara
2013-03-31, 07:37 PM
[Sitting Room]

"Hey, I was sleeping in a bed before that happened. That's clearly your fault somehow." Sakura nods sagely. "And as for Libra, that was still before we knew that she was absolutely nuts and dangerous. Your wish troubles before that were more Harnel's ridiculousness."

Halae
2013-03-31, 07:45 PM
[Sitting Room]

Sakura laughs. "That was fun! Well I guess you never liked the morning after. I dunno if I could do that anymore myself, though. I think I'm got too used to a soft bed." She gives Cessie a look. "This is clearly all your fault."

Laela flops on top of Cora and grabs at her arm. She gums at the other baby's arm. [Sitting Room]

Cora giggles uproariously when Laela starts gumming her arm and then starts grabbing at the other baby's clothing.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-01, 06:51 PM
[Sitting Room]

"I think Harnel have got a lot better lately though. I feel I have made him grow as a person somehow and I think that's what marriage is all about. To make each other grow as persons by love and care." Not to mention a lot of curtains right Cessie?

Gullara
2013-04-01, 06:59 PM
[Sitting Room]

So many curtains! "Yeah, for sure. I'm glad to see Harnel getting more responsible. I think we both know Adir got a lot more responsible too." Sakura sighs a little. She really wishes he was here... "I imagine we've grown too in the last couple years."

Shadowcaller
2013-04-01, 07:12 PM
[Sitting Room]

"I really think you have. Adir especially, he seems to have matured so much since you two meet. Being a father have really changed him I think." Cessie replies. "You shouldn't worry though, he's going to be back soon enough." She assures her friend.

Gullara
2013-04-01, 07:17 PM
[Sitting Room]

Sakura smiles at her friend. "I'm that easy to read, huh? I just wish he didn't feel like he had to go. I mean, I know they're his family and they need his help, but we need him here too." Sakura sighs again, but she tries not to let it get her down. "I know he'll be back, but I worry every day."

Shadowcaller
2013-04-01, 09:09 PM
[Sitting Room]

"Of course, I'd worry if Harnel were gone too. I'll just have to keep your mind occupied until he returns don't I?" Cessie replies with a smile. "You could help me in the green house. I heard you were somewhat of an expert in that area."

Gullara
2013-04-01, 11:16 PM
[Sitting Room]

Sakura giggles. "You could say that. So what do you have going on in the greenhouse lately? I don't think I've been in there for a while." The dryad says, having been successfully diverted for the moment.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-02, 08:15 AM
[Sitting Room]

"All sort of things actually. There are a number of seeds there from, believe it or not, a wererose. Then I have the fey apple trees. But you have seen them already haven't you?" Cessie asks.

Gullara
2013-04-02, 08:22 AM
[Sitting Room]

"I've seen the apples, but I don't think I've ever seen the trees. We should go see now. I'm curious what this wererose is too. I get the feeling there's a story behind that." Sakura digs through her baby bag and grabs a few toys to set near the babies. "Come on, we can get Garn to watch the kids for a few minutes."

Shadowcaller
2013-04-02, 09:43 AM
[Sitting Room==>Green House]

"A rather awkward story." Cessie promises with a smile. She knew Sakura liked those the most. :smalltongue:

She turns to the gargoyle. "Garn, watch the babies. Sakura and I are going to the green house for a bit. We'll be back soon enough."
Garn nods and turns to stare at the babies, they won't escape his unblinking gaze!

The sorceress will then lead Sakura to the green house. Inside the dryads eyes will probably be drawn to the woman-shaped trees which Cessie have planted. There are four of them now, growing out of large pots filled with fertile dirt. The wererose seeds are less obvious, having been placed in a locked chest right underneath the table in the middle of the green house.
"The shape was a surprise for me as well. They have no real traces of actual fey however. It's just how they grow." The sorceress comments.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-02, 09:54 AM
Green House

In addition to the fey apple trees is a much larger tree that could be described as a "rose tree." It has a womanly shape like the fey apple trees, a bit more pronounced around the hips, but has roses on it's branches, and also "rose hips," the fruits of a rose, a good bit larger than normal apples which hang from the tree.

Kitchen

About a day after the ritual and the following walk, Kirin is in the kitchen, making breakfast... hmm. She looks distracted. There's something on her mind, one might be able to tell.

Gullara
2013-04-02, 09:57 AM
[Greenhouse]

"You know you're gonna have to tell me all about it." Sakura says, punctuating with a laugh.

When they get to the greenhouse, Sakura moves closer tot he trees to get a better look. "Yeah, that's really weird. I've actually seen something like these before, but probably not exactly this. I still kinda wonder what made a dryad grow fruit at all, cuz it gets weirder and weirder ever time I hear about it." Then again, Sakura doesn't exactly know a lot of dryads.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-02, 06:10 PM
[Greenhouse]

"They're seeds from Terrie. That apple-tree dryad that were born in Watch." Cessie explains. "As for the wererose seeds, I actually got infected by one for a brief time. I managed to find a way to cure myself however." Sakura probably have to ask for details though. :smalltongue:

Kitchen

"Is there something on your mind Kirin?" Cessie asks the catgirl, having recently gone up from a longer period of slumber after exhausting herself in the ritual.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-02, 06:36 PM
Kitchen

"Oh, Cessie! Um..." Kirin is acting awkward. She looks around quick, to make sure no one else is there. "Cessie... um... this is going to be awkward as all get out, but... do I look like I have... is it just me, or am I bustier than usual? That is, at all?"

Kirin straightens up and turns to the side, giving Cessie a good profile view. Of course, due to Kirin's Metabolism, she's completely flat-chested... hmm. Actually, if you look closely, you might be able to see some hints of mammaries.

Gullara
2013-04-02, 06:54 PM
[Greenhouse]

"I guessed that much. What happened when you were infected? What did you look like? What was it like?" Sakura presses. She's going to wring all the info out of her.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-02, 08:01 PM
[Greenhouse]

"Uh." Cessie smiles awkwardly. "You assume too much. It was only a temporary effect after all but it was mostly plant related. Like green skin and rose hair."

Kitchen

The sorceress blinks. That wasn't something she ever thought Kirin would say. Oh geez. >.<

Okay, it doesn't need to be Harnel related. It could be a natural explanation for this, the change wasn't all that big after all. "You could just be retaining water Kirin. Your period could also make slight changes. But you know your body best though." Awkwaaard...

Lost_Deep
2013-04-02, 08:09 PM
Kitchen

"The only way I retain water is in my fur, and I've been having a period long enough that I would have noticed if it did this." The comment on water retention is something of hyperbole (she does drink more water than the normal person, but not that much), but she feels confident that if her body was going to do this naturally, it would have done it a long time ago.

Gullara
2013-04-03, 01:16 AM
[Greenhouse]

"Oh, rose hair would've been pretty. You should've shown me." Sakura gives Cessie a silly grin. "But I guess you wanted to get rid of that as soon as possible."

Shadowcaller
2013-04-03, 07:34 AM
Kitchen

Cessie nods, she figured as much. Kirin wouldn't be bothered by it if it was actually something to be bothered by it. "Can you excuse me for a moment Kirin? I need to get something and then we can try to figure out what have happened." Providing the catgirl let's her leave, Cessie is planning to march into a certain half-dragons study. She just knew this had something to do with her husband.

[Greenhouse]

"It just wasn't me and you know how I feel about changed Sakura. I just want to be human." Cessie admits which might sound a bit strange.

Halae
2013-04-03, 07:36 AM
[Harnel's Study]

Harnel is currently reading a book in his study; so engrossed in it is he that, unless Cessie deliberately makes noise, he won't notice her come in.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-03, 07:44 AM
[Harnel's Study]

"Harnel? Can we talk for a moment?" Cessie asks, sitting down next to him. He could be so engrossed in his work.

Gullara
2013-04-03, 07:49 AM
[Greenhouse]

"I know how you feel, Cessie. I wouldn't be happy if my body got changed against my will like that. That doesn't stop me from being curious, though." An amused smile turns up Sakura's lips as she says the last.

Halae
2013-04-03, 07:58 AM
[Harnel's Study]

Harnel jolts up from his book, Cessie having surprised him, but he recovers quickly.

"Of course. What's the issue?"

Shadowcaller
2013-04-03, 08:00 AM
[Greenhouse]

Cessie nods. "Talking about changing bodies though. Harnel and I are considering having a third child." More like they are already trying to have a third child. "I wanted to do it after I was cured so the baby wouldn't be effected by anything like that."

Gullara
2013-04-03, 08:06 AM
[Greenhouse]

Sakura's eyes light up and that smile turns into a grin. "Another baby? That's great news! When are you thinking about doing it? Are you trying already? Are you planning on having more than that, or is three your number?" Sakura excitedly barrages Cessie with questions.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-03, 08:14 AM
[Harnel's Study]

Cessie let's Harnel recover, she knew how he could be. Which was also the reason she came to ask him this. "Dear, Kirin just asked me if I thought her chest were bigger. You wouldn't know anything about to you?" The way she looks at him, it appears she have a suspicion though.

[Greenhouse]

Oh dear. Cessie looks slightly shocked, she hadn't expected Sakura to be quite this excited. "Eh... I was just planning having three babies, yes. I'm intending to have the third child soon enough though."

Halae
2013-04-03, 08:18 AM
[Harnel's Study]

Harnel blinks, then stands and goes over to the closet here in the room. Wat he pulls out is something Cessie should recognize; a glass jar of buttons, "Kirin took this a while back, but i got it back before she did anything with it. I gathered up all the clothes she mended with them, and it's still here, so I don't know what's going on."

Yes Harnel. You collected all the buttons you managed to find. possibly not all of them though, not that he even considers that.

Gullara
2013-04-03, 08:22 AM
[Greenhouse]

Cessie should know Sakura better. "Then you better hope it's not twins again." Sakura says with a giggle. "I bet Harnel's happy about this, huh?"

Shadowcaller
2013-04-03, 11:06 AM
[Harnel's Study]

Cessie stares at the buttons and suddenly a light goes up for her. Harnel had mentioned those buttons at one point hadn't he? "That's those buttons..." Cessie mentally groans. "Why haven't you destroyed them dear? If Kirin have been effected by them..." She sigh. "I think you have to tell her exactly how it is and then offer to change her back if she wishes. She looked rather bothered by it actually."

[Greenhouse]

"He is." Cessie replies with a smile. "I think we can handle one more child so I'm not too worried about that. We got both Garn and Kirin who will help us taking care of them. The only really negative consequence is the pregnancy itself. But they do say it isn't that bad the second time right?" Not to mention it isn't twins this time.

Gullara
2013-04-03, 02:57 PM
[Greenhouse]

"Yeah, I read that somewhere. I don't know if I'm a good example, though. Some things are harder this time since I've got twins. Since you should probably have just one, it should be way easier." Sakura says.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-03, 05:58 PM
[Greenhouse]

Cessie nods. "I hope so. So what were your boys going to be called again? I haven't even thought about name yet honestly. But I don't even think I'm pregnant yet."

Gullara
2013-04-03, 06:14 PM
[Greenhouse]

"Cernunnos and Gwydion, but I think I'll be giving Cernunnos a nickname. Probably just Cern. They were Adir's idea." Sakura says. She likes the names, but they're asking for nicknames. "As for you, you've got a long time to think about that, especially if you're not even pregnant yet. I bet Harnel's just full of ideas too."

Shadowcaller
2013-04-03, 09:41 PM
[Greenhouse]

"He probably is. He already have plans how he's intending to train Cora and Bastion once they get older. Personally I'd focus them on studies but I guess it couldn't hurt letting them train themselves in other areas as well." She looks at Sakura. "What about you?"

Gullara
2013-04-04, 01:08 AM
[Greenhouse]

"Well you know Adir. He's going to want to teach one or all of them to hunt. I don't know if I approve entirely, but I'm definitely not going to stop him." Sakura shakes her head. That husband of hers. "I want to make sure they get at least a basic education, then let them try all kinds of different things. I'll leave it to them to figure out what they really enjoy."

Shadowcaller
2013-04-04, 07:50 AM
[Greenhouse]

"Oh, that makes me curious actually. Have you had a basic eduction Sakura? I know you can read and write well but I didnt even realize there were schools where you're from." Cessie asks.

Gullara
2013-04-04, 07:59 AM
[Greenhouse]

"Oh no, I guess I never did explain that all to you, did I? There's no schools or anything like that. remember I couldn't read for quite a while after we met. There was this weird store in the Mall that was doing memory stuff. I think it was Adir that got the idea to sort of copy his memory of how to read and write, and give that to me. It was kinda weird, and it still took me a while to really figure it out, but that's how it happened." Sakura explains. It's a bit tough to describe. She doesn't know how it worked, and it was some time ago now.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-04, 08:03 AM
[Greenhouse]

"That's peculiar." Cessie comments as she heard Sakura's explanation. "Do you want to do that to your children to?" It did sound simpler then teaching them after all. :smalltongue:

Gullara
2013-04-04, 09:02 AM
[Greenhouse]

Sakura shakes her head. "I don't think so. It's probably better for them to learn themselves. I don't think either Adir or me would be great teachers for that sort of thing, though. That's one reason I want to send them to school. At least when they're young."

Shadowcaller
2013-04-04, 08:05 PM
[Greenhouse]

"Indeed, which is why I'm planning to send Cora and Bastion to the private school in Hestopia. I'm sure they can continue their education in the nexus." Once they learned to wear proper clothes!

Gullara
2013-04-04, 11:54 PM
[Greenhouse]

"Yeah..." Cessie already knows how Sakura feels about that. She frowns a little. "I really wish our kids could go to school together."

Shadowcaller
2013-04-05, 06:46 AM
[Greenhouse]

"Me too. It will just be difficult. The school just have a hard time adjusting to non-human students but I'm sure I can make it work." She says confidently.

Gullara
2013-04-05, 09:12 AM
[Greenhouse]

Sakura brightens up at that. Last time they discussed this, Cessie didn't sound nearly so confident about it. "You really think so? That'd be great. I really want our kids to grow up together as much as possible."

Shadowcaller
2013-04-05, 10:02 AM
[Greenhouse]

"Yes, I mean, if you're sure your children would really like it there. It can be rather strict, especially when it comes to dress code." No naked ankles!

Gullara
2013-04-05, 11:00 AM
[Greenhouse]

Horror!

Sakura shrugs a little bit. "Well, we'll see, but I think it'll be alright. I trust that you think it's a good schoo,l because I don't know the first thing about school in general. I still need to talk with Adir about this more too, since he doesn't think they really need to go to school at all. And besides, we've got a few more years before we really have to worry about it at all."

Shadowcaller
2013-04-06, 04:43 PM
[Greenhouse]

"Harnel have nothing against it at least, but I suspected that it will interfere with his weapon training, but so be it. Mental education is much more important in my opinion. Wouldn't you agree?" Cessie asks.

Gullara
2013-04-06, 06:39 PM
[Greenhouse]

"Well I think it's pretty important, yeah. More important than learning to fight and hunt at least. But I guess those are a good way to get them exercise and that sort of thing too." She shrugs.

[In and around]

A pleasant smell drifts through the Keep It smells like spring; sweet and full of life. It reaches Cessie's study, intruding on the musty books and ink. Wouldn't it be nice to go outside? Get outside for a walk perhaps.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-06, 07:20 PM
[Greenhouse]

"Of course, I don't say they can't train with Harnel. But honestly I hope they don't become soldiers or adventurers like him. Those professions are dangerous, I should know, I have been one myself." Cessie explains.

[In and around]

Luckily the sorceress was actually packing for yet another walk into the wilds. She had learned to be more careful now though ever since that wererose woman infected her, the nexus was full with weirdness after all. You could never be too careful.

Kirin could take care of the children for now, but Garn was coming with her in case she needed assistance. He would probably be immune to most of the things the nexus would throw at them.

"Garn, it's a lovely day isn't it?" She asks the gargoyle as she steps outside the keep, breathing in that odd smell. What could that be?

The gargoyle doesn't really appreciated the sensations his creator is feeling however. "I wonder what that smell is. Let's check it out shall we?"

Sure whatever makes you happy master. Garn would have said, but now he just nods. Whatever made her happy.

Gullara
2013-04-06, 08:05 PM
[Greenhouse]

"Oh I know. I have to worry far too much about Adir already." Sakura waves her hand. "Let's not worry about that right now, though. You haven't showed me one of those rose seeds yet."

[In and around]

When they're outside, they will discover that it is the most beautiful day out. The sun is shining, the birds are singing. Spring is here. It's the kind of day that you just have to go outside because it's far too nice to not enjoy it.

As for the scent, it can still be smelled outside, and it seems to be coming from the treeline over there. The light breeze must be carrying it from its source.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-06, 08:22 PM
[Greenhouse]

"Ah, of course. I'm afraid they aren't as visually interesting as these trees though." Cessie says as she opens up the box where she stores the seeds.

[In and around]

Cessie and Garn heads for the treeline then, the sorceress first and the gargoyle quickly behind her. Suspecting each tree to be out for his creators blood. Damn you trees!

Gullara
2013-04-07, 01:02 AM
[Greenhouse]

"Those are some pretty big seeds. They look pretty normal besides that, though." Sakura tries to pick one up and look at it. "So how did it change you anyway? And where'd you get all these seeds from?"

[In and around]

After walking for a bit, Cessie and garn come across quite a sight. The entire area is littered with small, white flowers. It's obvious this is where the scent came from. It's very pretty.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-07, 02:45 PM
[Greenhouse]

Cessie scratches the back of her head again. "The wereperson put one of those seeds down my mouth. That's how it infected me. But when I was infected, I could make seeds of my own and I figured I could do some research on them."

[In and around]

Curious, the sorceress had never seen these kinds of flowers before and she knew the area pretty well. Wonder why they only grew here and nowhere else? Was there something particular about this place?

She kneels down and attempts to dig a little hole around one of the flowers, trying to pull one out of the earth, roots and everything. She wanted to take a sample of the flower and the earth it had grown from. Meanwhile Garn is surveying the area, never getting too far away from his creator though.

Gullara
2013-04-07, 03:04 PM
[Greenhouse]

"Ew, it planted a seed in your mouth?" Sakura looks disgusted by that. "Well I'm glad you're okay. So did you figure out much by looking at the seeds?"

[In and around]

Upon closer inspection, the stems of the little flowers have tiny little vines that grab onto the surface they're growing on and allow them to latch onto other plants and trees. When Cessie pulls a plant away from the ground, the now freed vines seek something else to wrap around. Some will slowly wrap around Cessie's fingers and closes a bit. That won't stop Cessie from taking her samples, though. They seem to be easy enough to dislodge again.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-07, 03:25 PM
The sorceress raises an eyebrow. Parasites? That was a bit unnerving. Maybe the earth didn't have anything to do with these after all. But how did they get here? And why just here?

She pulls off the plant and puts it in a plastic pocket that she then puts in her special bag. Getting off the ground she looks around, trying to see if she can spot something unusual about this place.

[Greenhouse]

"They're actually filled with a form of energy, a energy which could be transferred to other objects or beings. Things react very differently depending on what they are though. That apple tree for instance turned into [I]that." The sorceress points out the larger tree in the greenhouse, the one she infused with rose seed energy.

Gullara
2013-04-07, 03:39 PM
[In and around]

Cessie's first indication that something is wrong is when she can't stand. When she tries to, she'll find that the plants beneath her her are clinging to her clothing with surprising strength. Tug as she might, she won't be able to free herself from them.

What's worse, they seem to be pulling her into the ground. It'll only take a matter of seconds before her feet and lower legs are drawn under the loamy earth.

[Greenhouse]

"Oh, so that's what that is. Have you tried planting the seeds on their own?" Sakura asks.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-07, 04:08 PM
[In and around]

Now these plants were getting way too close for her liking. Normally she wouldn't let anything get this close, but it had some benefits, she could summon the eldritch energy much more precisely. Which is why she could summon a shield of fire around herself without harming her clothing. Hopefully that would turn these plants off the idea of dragging her into the earth.

Garn notices his creator in danger and launches himself at the evil things trying to harm her, trying to tear up as many as possible to save Cessie.

[Greenhouse]

"Yes, but as far as I can tell they just turn into large rose bushes. Nothing special about them sadly." Cessie explains. "You couldn't tell me more about them could you? I know you have a certain connection to plants and all."

Gullara
2013-04-07, 04:19 PM
[In and around]

Fire should surely work, even against fresh, living plants like these. The plants char and whither... but they don't let go. While they're clearly not alive anymore where the fire burned then, they aren't breaking apart. Instead, the still living plants continue to drag her under.

[Greenhouse]

"Not like this I couldn't. I mean, maybe if I grew one I could figure something out, but I haven't seen anything like this before." Though Sakura has heard of similar. She just doesn't have the first hand experience she'd need to say anything.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-07, 04:46 PM
[Greenhouse]

Cessie takes up one of the seeds and hands it to Sakura. "Why don't you try? I'd be very interested in seeing the results." She asks with a smile. "I never gotten you invested in my research before."

[In and around]

Okay, that didn't work. Let's try something else. She attempts to summon wind and earth underneath her to lift her up while Garn is trying to tear the roots apart. He wouldn't get go of his mistress!

Gullara
2013-04-07, 05:18 PM
[Greenhouse]

Sakura takes the seed with a grin. "I'll see what I can find out. It'll be fun helping you out with this."

[In and around]

Garn will find that the flowers will grab hold of him as well, and are just as capable as restraining him as they are Cessie. he might not have even reached her. Unlike Cessie, however, they don't try and drag the gargoyle under.

As for Cessie, the earth that she's being pulled into seems to be repelling her own earth elementals. The air ones will find it easier to get to her, but even with their assistance she won't be able to break free.

Soon enough, the plants drag her under entirely. When they do, they release Garn and every flower in the area disappears underground with Cessie. If Garn searches for her at all, he'll find only her clothing and what she'd been carrying with her, buried just under the ground.

((With godmod permission of course.))

Shadowcaller
2013-04-07, 06:09 PM
Garn is however a great deal stronger than Cessie so he shouldn't have too much of a problem dealing with these vines as her. He just keeps struggling to save her.

Once she's under the earth he'll try to dig her up, not even noticing that the flowers have let go off him. He won't stop for anything until his creator is safe.

Then he'll only finds her clothes...

He smashes his fists into the earth. They had taken [I]her!!!

He'll grab her clothes and flies towards the keep, throwing the door open. "Graaaaah!!!" He screams, hopefully someone will hear.

UncleWolf
2013-04-08, 12:45 PM
Ariel's Visit

Arik looks at Ariel as a scientist would look at a newly discovered (successful) genetic experiment. "Curious." He looks back at Cessie. "You sure about this? Uncontrolled power is no power at all."

The sorceress seems to hesitate for a moment. "I think it would be a very vital part of my research about the eldritch forces which guides mages within our world and now that Ariel is here I think we might be able to control it better."

Arik shakes his head. "There are risks in science, but I don't want you to hurt yourself Cessie."

"Come on Arik. We have been over this. You haven't even properly introduced yourself to Ariel yet."

The lich stops himself from sighting and turns to Ariel again. "Very well. I suppose you want to infuse yourself with a large amount of aether energy. I can not for obvious reasons."

Ariel's Visit

"Obviously." Ariel says with a nod, knowing the reason. "And due to my half-otherworldly nature, I should be able to infuse myself with more than the average amount of energy, especially since my nature forces me to be able to control such or face oblivion." She admits.

Halae
2013-04-11, 01:25 PM
[Harnel's Study]

Cessie stares at the buttons and suddenly a light goes up for her. Harnel had mentioned those buttons at one point hadn't he? "That's those buttons..." Cessie mentally groans. "Why haven't you destroyed them dear? If Kirin have been effected by them..." She sigh. "I think you have to tell her exactly how it is and then offer to change her back if she wishes. She looked rather bothered by it actually."[Harnel's Study]

"I was hoping I got them all," He lets out a sigh, "Right, I'll go talk to her." He puts the jar back down and will leave the area to go and find Kirin. He looks rather unhappy about the situation; he didn't want this sort of thing happening to Kirin.

[In and Around]

Harnel will be out of his study in but a moment, blink in surprise at Garm's outburst, "What's..." and then he'll see the clothes in Garm's hand, and his face goes grim. He's never seen the gargoyle this angry before.

"... what happened?"

Lost_Deep
2013-04-11, 01:45 PM
Kitchen

Kirin is in here, munching on something distractedly. She looks at Harnel when he walks in.

Halae
2013-04-11, 01:55 PM
[Kitchen]

"Kirin?" he says, going to sit down, "Cessie tells me you're having ... trouble with your bust. And I think i know what's causing it."

Lost_Deep
2013-04-11, 01:58 PM
Kitchen

Kirin perks up. Knowing the issue at hand is the first step to solving it! "Yes?"

Halae
2013-04-11, 02:02 PM
[Kitchen]

Harnel looks awkward and embarrassed, "I'm fairly certain it's caused by the buttons you took from me. Remember that? When I came into your laundry room to get them back? I... tried to get back the clothes that you mended with them and replace the buttons, but I think I may have missed a few, particularly if they're your personal wear."

"They cause a slow level of expansion. A desire demon gave them to me to tempt me, though it was intending for use on Cessie. Neither of us wants it happening to you."

Lost_Deep
2013-04-11, 02:07 PM
Kitchen

Bluh-

"Desire-that little thing!" that little thing gave her nightmares and got her stuck in a dreamscape for a while! She does not like that thing. "Gah... well, let's go find my seam ripper. Why didn't you tell me?" Kirin intends to lead out of the kitchen, and to wherever she keeps the mending supplies. (Laundry room? Something like that.)

Halae
2013-04-11, 02:11 PM
[Laundry Room

"Because it's embarrassing and I thought I got them all," he says, following along. Ah, yes, the nightmares. I don't doubt those were returning a bit in light of this.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-11, 02:20 PM
Laundry Room

"I think I remember everything I put them on, I'll watch for them." Kirin will retrieve the seam ripper and then go through her laundry... ah, there's one. Kirin will go about removing the buttons. "Any idea how to reverse the effect? We could hope that my metabolism will eat it after the magic stops, but I wouldn't bet on it..."

Shadowcaller
2013-04-11, 02:32 PM
[In and Around]

Garn gestures around widely in a fashion the half-dragon probably won't understand. It's pretty easy to tell he's upset though.

It's not until he points in the direction from where he came Harel gets any clue of what he wants.

Ariel's Visit

Arik raises an eyebrow, glancing at Cessie as if asking "You still think this is a good idea?"
The sorceress ignores him however. "So what do you theorize the exact effect would be Ariel?"

[Greenhouse]

"Great, just plant the seed in one of those empty pots and we'll see what happens." Cessie replies, gesturing at the empty pots in the corner of the greenhouse. "This is going to be great."

Halae
2013-04-11, 02:46 PM
[In And Around]

Harnel shakes his head, "Cessie has magic that can make physical changes, but beyond that, no."

[In And Around]

"Just a moment," He says, and will leave the keep to go into the armory to retrieve Conflict, before returning to the gargoyle. He spreads his wings, and the look on his face is grim, "Show me."

Lost_Deep
2013-04-11, 02:54 PM
Laundry Room

Kirin sighs and removes the buttons from a skirt. "Better than nothing, I guess. Back to the lab for me..."

Kirin doesn't really mind helping Cessie in the lab, but right now she's just feeling upset about things.

Halae
2013-04-11, 02:56 PM
[Laundry Room]

"I'm responsible for this," He says, "Anything I can get you to make up for it?"

Lost_Deep
2013-04-11, 03:12 PM
Laundry Room

Kirin sighs as she finishes removing the buttons. "Nothing I can think of, no." She turns to hand him the buttons. "I don't suppose you can just burn these?"

Halae
2013-04-11, 03:20 PM
[Laundry Room]

He'll take the button once it's off, "In my experience, magic tends to resist fire and the like. It's why I hadn't tried."

Shadowcaller
2013-04-11, 03:38 PM
[In And Around]

Garn looks extremely impatient when Harnel decides to go for this sword. Why did the stupid lizard think a sword would help here? No matter, if he could help creator, that would be enough.

The gargoyle will then show Harnel to the spot Cessie disappeared where he basically have torn the ground apart in the search for her.

Halae
2013-04-11, 03:42 PM
[In And Around]

Digging signs. Dirt on Cessie's clothing. She was pulled under, but where did she go? If Garm had just been digging, he should have found her.

"What pulled her under?" Hopefully, Garm could show Harnel.

Lost_Deep
2013-04-11, 04:10 PM
Laundry Room

"Huh. In the stories I heard, fire was one of the big ways to destroy magical things. More, I just figured that fire would burn then." She shrugs. "I think it's worth a try. In a safe place..."

Shadowcaller
2013-04-11, 04:20 PM
[I]"Graa!" Garn shouts, trying to point out the flowers, if there are any remaining that is. Perhaps they disappeared with Cessie. Otherwise he will point out other nearby flowers. The question is if Harnel will understand.

Gullara
2013-04-11, 08:20 PM
[In And Around]

Unfortunately, all the flowers disappeared under the earth with Cessie. The only sign of their passing is the worked up ground where cessie disappeared.

Halae
2013-04-12, 12:35 PM
Laundry Room

"Huh. In the stories I heard, fire was one of the big ways to destroy magical things. More, I just figured that fire would burn then." She shrugs. "I think it's worth a try. In a safe place..."[Laundry Room]

"No reason not to try, I suppose," Harnel says, "If you find any more of the buttons, don't hesitate to let me know and I'll take it out to burn with the others."

Of there isn't anything else, Harnel will head back into his study to grab the jar, then take it out into the courtyard to breath fire on it there.

[In and Around]

"Flowers?" He says, "Kidnapped by flowers. Must be a fey that stole her."

Harnel will reach into a pocket, and pull out an iPhone. Sure, he never really uses it for anything but calls, but it was on sale at the time. He really needs to get apps for this thing.

The thing is that he's saved the numbers for Azik's enchantments, Erin's, and Electronic's Asylum into his contacts. Quite frankly, having those three should cover any knowledge needs he had.

"Hello, Azik?" the Half-dragon asks, "My name is Harnel Mithar, I've come in a few times. I've got a bit of an emergency here and could use your professional opinion. I'd be willing to pay you for the inconvenience."

He waits a moment, presumably as the Warforged on the other end of the line speaks.

"Yes, that's fine, just please, get here quickly... Right then, see you soon."

Shadowcaller
2013-04-12, 01:44 PM
[In and Around]

Garn does not look pleased... no wait, he looks exactly the same as he always does. Which is not pleased. "Grahah!" He exclaims, waving at Harnel. What was he even trying to do?

[Watching the Babies]

After having been in mallside most of the day, Cessie, Ilpholin and Darcy returns to the keep to look at babies. How exciting!

"If you want, we could visit Sakura and her baby as well. She's living in the keep right now, you've meet her at some point right?" Cessie asks.

happyturtle
2013-04-12, 01:45 PM
Watching the babies

"Yes, but I haven't seen her since her wedding," Darcy says.

Halae
2013-04-12, 01:54 PM
[In and Around]

Harnel frowns at Garn, "Someone who can help us get Cessie back is coming. If we want to get her back, first we need to find out where she's gone, and given it was magic that took her, we need someone who knows a lot about magic. He should be-"

There's a flash and suddenly a warforged will be standing in the clearing. He wears a pair of blue spectacles on his eyes, and around a belt he bears no less than five different pouches. On his right arm, there are holes, each with a wand in it; a sheath for them, where he can simply draw them out at his leisure.

"-here soon. Hello Azik."

The warforged wastes no time with pleasantries, instead reaching down towards the churned earth. His spectacles examine magic; residues, active effects, and similar are all appropriate things for the glasses to see.

Gullara
2013-04-12, 02:32 PM
[Watching the Babies]

"That's because a new house keeps you busy for a while, and a new baby keeps you busy even longer." Sakura walks into the room they're in with Laela on her hip. "Long time no see, you two. How are you?"

[In and Around]

There doesn't appear to be much in the way of residual magic. What took Cessie came, grabbed her, and left, leaving nothing behind. There's not even any sign of a portal or rift. Nothing more than one would usually pick up when looking for such things in the Nexus.

Halae
2013-04-12, 04:23 PM
[In And Around]

"Curious, though perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. Residues tend to vanish quickly wit nature magic in natural surroundings." Azik says, before turning to Harnel, "Was there anything related to the magic? It may have dissipated already, but if there's anything remaining I may be able to get a reading."

Harnel grunts, "Garn? You say flowers took her, right? Are there any of that specific type of flower left, or was it all of them?"

Shadowcaller
2013-04-12, 05:11 PM
[In And Around]

Garn shakes his head at the strange metal man. Why was he here again? He didn't trust him.

To Harnel, Garn shakes his head again. He was asking terrible questions! How could he answer that? He couldn't speak! "Graaah!" He hissed angrily at the half-dragon.

Gullara
2013-04-12, 10:21 PM
[Greenhouse]

"Great, just plant the seed in one of those empty pots and we'll see what happens." Cessie replies, gesturing at the empty pots in the corner of the greenhouse. "This is going to be great."

[Greenhouse]

"Sounds good." Sakura goes and grabs the pot and fills it with soil. Then she plants the seed in it and gives it some water. That done, she picks out a place to put it. likely locating the best spot in the greenhouse pretty easily. "Now all we have to do is wait. I'd help it along, but that might affect it somehow."

UncleWolf
2013-04-13, 04:39 PM
Ariel's Visit

Arik raises an eyebrow, glancing at Cessie as if asking "You still think this is a good idea?"
The sorceress ignores him however. "So what do you theorize the exact effect would be Ariel?"

Ariel's Visit

Ariel can't help but sigh as she reaches to grab the tip of her tail and flick it between her thumb and finger. "I can't say what an exact reaction would be. That said, I imagine the worst would be that my physical form would destabilize for a while as excess energies bled off until my body could contain the rest. As long as I keep my mind locked against outside influences, unrelated to this sort of magic, I'll be fine I imagine."

Shadowcaller
2013-04-13, 04:45 PM
Ariel's Visit

"That sounds promising. As for me, while my own nature might not be as corruptive as yours, the sheer amount of power would likely be very dangerous to handle if I'm affected any way like when I just eat the apple. Your mother have told you you're part nymph right? A very small part." Of course, Ariel was a bit of all kinds of creatures. :smalltongue:

"But let's go then. We need to get away quite far from everything. That way we'll drain ourselves of the seeds energy before we even get near civilization."

UncleWolf
2013-04-13, 04:53 PM
Ariel's Visit

"Nymph, human, and partly the essence of pure sensation." Ariel says with a small smile before snapping her fingers, remembering something. "Before we go, I forgot why I was really here. Both of you might be interested in this." She says before holding up her tome. If any of them are paying attention, there's a great deal of power restrained in it. "I figured out how to bind a Heresy Elemental to my books to protect them from unwanted eyes." She says, unable to help but grin.

Shadowcaller
2013-04-13, 05:06 PM
Ariel's Visit

Now this catches Arik's interest. "A heresy elemental? How did you reach the outer deep realms? Eldritch usually can't go that far. Not to mention it quickly breaks down there."

Cessie would butt in, but it isn't often her brother got so caught up in something. It might as well be a compliment coming from him.

UncleWolf
2013-04-13, 05:15 PM
Ariel's Visit

"I didn't capture it. We made it." Ariel says with a grin. "With my version of you, I mean. Other-You was able to help me with the binds to contain it, but it wasn't that hard for me to create one as where Telly, my other Mother, comes from, the mere act of my existence is perhaps one of the greatest heresies possible. My corrupt nature has an affinity for such things. It really is tame though. And it's a rather small one. Probably wouldn't live longer than a moment or two once released, but that's all it really needs." She explains.

Halae
2013-04-13, 07:49 PM
[In And Around]

Garn shakes his head at the strange metal man. Why was he here again? He didn't trust him.

To Harnel, Garn shakes his head again. He was asking terrible questions! How could he answer that? He couldn't speak! "Graaah!" He hissed angrily at the half-dragon.[In And Around]

Harnel glares, "You're smarter than that, I know you are. If there's anything left at all, that' what we need."

Azik looks at the dress in Garn's hands, "Alternately, I could use something belonging to your wife to attempt to track her, though if it's across planes the sepparation may occlude the search"