PDA

View Full Version : [Titan] The Second Titanomachy (IC Thread)

Sahaar
2013-03-16, 07:46 PM
You arrive at the Rotunda of Olympus, the grand meeting place of the gods and their lieutenants. Before you, you can see the gods themselves, resplendent in their auras.

Zeus, the king of the gods, sits on his throne, with his long grey hair and beard. His eyes are pure white fury, ready to strike out against the Titans and their allies.

To his left sits his brother Poseidon, wearing a three-pronged crown, akin to a trident. Over his back rests a cape made of scaly flesh, likely shed from the Kraken or a similar sea monstrosity.

To Zeus' right is Hades, lord of the Underworld. His skin is dark and he exudes an aura of death.

The other gods sit around them, conversing with each other, though you cannot hear them over the clamor of the other Oathbound surrounding you. You recognize nothing but the chain tattoos revealed on what little skin is protected by armor or clothing.

You do, however, notice several Oathbound walking away from the rest. Though you are not sure why, you feel compelled to follow them, as if pulled by an unseen force.

They seem to be introducing themselves. You think it wise to do the same.

Aaaaaand begin!

Felandria
2013-03-17, 09:12 AM
Felandria looks right at Zeus.

Hello, Father.

I trust you are well, considering.

Sahaar
2013-03-17, 10:29 AM
Zeus looks upon his daughter.

"Ah, Felandria. I had hoped you would be here. I am...stressed. My brothers cannot seem to decide on a course of action to take. I say we should see the Oracle at Delphi, but Poseidon believes we should gather the armies at Olympus for war."

The other Oathbound turn as Zeus speaks as his voice echoes across the room. Even the other Gods turn.

"Ares agrees with Poseidon. Not at all surprising, seeing as this is the most...warlike course of action. Some of the other gods, Athena, Hades, Artemis, think we should split our forces. Send one group to Delphi and another to rally soldiers. What do you think, my daughter?"

The crowd gasps as Zeus recognizes Felandria as his daughter. All mortal eyes turn to her.

Slii Arhem
2013-03-17, 12:34 PM
Niklos scoffs as he leans on the pommel of his massive hammer like a walking cane, resting the cherry-red glowing head of the unwieldy-looking tool on the stones at his feet and caring not if it singes the otherwise perfect mosaic. These stones will likely see a lot more damage than he could do in the days and weeks to come.

The revelation that Felandria was kin of Zeus meant no more to him than those stones. Zeus was known for spreading his love across as many mortal women as Hera would turn a blind eye to, and his spawn nearly outnumbered all the other godlings put together. Rather than comment openly on the situation, Niklos simply shows his mild disdain by removing a smoker's pipe from one of the many pouches on the heavy leather apron he wears. The bowl is packed with herbs and incense from the orient, and he expertly catches one of the embers flying from the head of his lowered hammer to ignite it before taking a puff.

"Your son bade me remind you that it was the ingenius inventions of the hekatonkheires, the hundred handed ones, that won the first conflict in the end. What of them?" Representing Hephaestus, the lame smith and much scorned son of Zeus, gave Niklos no small amount of ire when he saw the dotage Zeus paid on Felandria.

Sahaar
2013-03-17, 01:13 PM
Kiraiakos stood next to Niklos, the chains on his wrist clanking.

"So there's an actual demigod here. I wonder if she's as famous as Heracles or Perseus. I've certainly never heard of her."

He notices Niklos' hammer.

"That's quite the hammer you have there" he said, admiring the craftsmanship.

"Might I ask where you got it from?"

Slii Arhem
2013-03-17, 02:55 PM
A cloud of sweet smoke with an acrid aftertaste heralds Niklos' response, "I made it myself. It's a mobile war forge, so I can create and repair things while I'm away from my smithy. Hits like a blighted demon too."

Sahaar
2013-03-17, 03:14 PM
Kiraiakos nods in acknowledgement.

"So you're Oathbound to Hephaestus, then? It would make sense for a man with such an item."

He admires the hammer for a brief moment before continuing.

"My name is Kiraiakos, Oathbound to Hades. What is your name?"

Felandria
2013-03-17, 07:25 PM
Zeus looks upon his daughter.

"Ah, Felandria. I had hoped you would be here. I am...stressed. My brothers cannot seem to decide on a course of action to take. I say we should see the Oracle at Delphi, but Poseidon believes we should gather the armies at Olympus for war."

The other Oathbound turn as Zeus speaks as his voice echoes across the room. Even the other Gods turn.

"Ares agrees with Poseidon. Not at all surprising, seeing as this is the most...warlike course of action. Some of the other gods, Athena, Hades, Artemis, think we should split our forces. Send one group to Delphi and another to rally soldiers. What do you think, my daughter?"

The crowd gasps as Zeus recognizes Felandria as his daughter. All mortal eyes turn to her.

I have always supported your wisdom and see no fault in it now, I only wish to help in any way I can.

If you wish me to follow to Delphi, I shall, and if you wish I join the fight, I will gladly do so.

I shall like to see how the Titans handle picking on someone their own size.

Mr. Moon
2013-03-18, 12:52 AM
A third individual peels away from the crowd and moves to join Niklos and Kiraiakos. He's a pretty enough lad, but not much more than. Long and sinewy-limbed, the youth sports a thin, coarse beard. He carries himself like an athlete, but hardly a warrior. What he's doing among these Gods-chosen warriors is questionable at best. He's not even carrying a weapon! Resting one arm in the folds of the cloak wrapped around his torso, he gives a grin to Niklos and Kiraiakos. "Quite the gathering, huh?" He chuckles, full of bravado. "I mean, Olympus. We're on Olympus. Those are the Gods. Like, all of them. That's pretty cool."

He'll look fairly familiar, if either of the warriors follows sports.

Slii Arhem
2013-03-18, 11:29 AM
"Not quite all of them, but enough that it matters. And aye, the mountain certainly is impressive. Like standing on Gaia's bosom itself." Well then, even for a smith Niklos can certainly be creative with his imagery.

He casts a keen eye to the new youth as he puffs on his pipe, and both Kiraiakos and Hippolyte may notice that the metal stem is purpling from the heat flowing through it, particularly where it is thinnest near his lips. The heat seems to do him no harm, and in fact appears to comfort him more than the smoke itself.

"I don't suppose you would be Hippo... odd that, I can't recall your name. What I do remember is a rather rabid fan of the Colosseum commissioning a statue made entirely of silver in your likeness. Eventually he sent it back and didn't pay because it was too lifelike. Seems he wanted the subject to look like a hero of the ages, and not some wiry young lad on a pretty horse." Niklos chuckles at the memory, letting it sooth the sting of being ignored by Zeus as he suspected he would. If the king of the gods would not listen to his son's message when borne by an Oathbound, then the conflict would go as it would, simple as that.

Sahaar
2013-03-18, 03:30 PM
I have always supported your wisdom and see no fault in it now, I only wish to help in any way I can.

If you wish me to follow to Delphi, I shall, and if you wish I join the fight, I will gladly do so.

I shall like to see how the Titans handle picking on someone their own size.

Zeus points to the trio of Oathbound behind Felandria.

"Go to them. Tell them what must be done. Take them to Delphi and consult the Oracle about the outcome of this war. maybe if the prophecies are fortuitous my brothers and sisters will be less....irritable about the situation at hand."

Without waiting for a response, Zeus returns to conversation with the other gods.

"Aye, this is quite the gathering. I'm used to hunting Oathbreakers and stray monsters, not defending the world against the Titans."

Kiraiakos' gaze idly shifts to Felandria and Zeus.

"I wonder what they're talking about over there..."

Felandria
2013-03-18, 03:55 PM
Zeus points to the trio of Oathbound behind Felandria.

"Go to them. Tell them what must be done. Take them to Delphi and consult the Oracle about the outcome of this war. maybe if the prophecies are fortuitous my brothers and sisters will be less....irritable about the situation at hand."

Without waiting for a response, Zeus returns to conversation with the other gods.

As you wish.

Felandria walks over to the Oathbound, she reduces herself to about half her size to better converse with them.

Greetings, I am Felandria, Father wishes us to seek the Oracle in Delphi.

Sahaar
2013-03-19, 01:17 PM
Kiraiakos turns to Felandria as she speaks.

"And why would we be going to Delphi?"

Felandria
2013-03-19, 02:50 PM
Kiraiakos turns to Felandria as she speaks.

"And why would we be going to Delphi?"

We seek the Oracle, who will tell us of the upcoming war, the prophecies will let us know if the fates are on our side.

Zeus wishes us to depart as soon as possible.

Mr. Moon
2013-03-19, 03:20 PM
"Yeah, yeah, I'm Hippolyte," says the youth with a wide smile, nodding as he says so in a mix of vanity and relief to have a subject he's familiar with to talk about. "Yeah, I have a lot of fans. Some of them are pretty weird. Silver statue you say? That's pretty cool. Silver. Yeah. Good metal. Shame he returned it. You don't still have it, do you?"

And then shrinking ladies who speak in run-on-sentences and oracles! "The Oracle? That makes sense sure, but shouldn't we be fighting Ti..." He pauses, considering what he's saying for a moment. "Actually no, the Oracle sounds good. When are we leaving?"

Slii Arhem
2013-03-19, 04:17 PM
"I do. Been using it to hold the door to my smithy open in hopes someone will buy it, but the cost of the silver alone is too much for anyone who fancies it, on top of the craftsmanship." Hippolyte may have his ego somewhat deflated by the fact that what's likely the most accurate physical representation of him is being used as a glorified doorstop.

"Delphi huh? Well why not. My forge isn't too far from Delphi, could get some materials there to last me a while. I've no doubt I'll need to shod a few shoes and mend a few breastplates before the conflict is done."

Sahaar
2013-03-19, 05:40 PM
Kiraiakos nods.

I guess we're going to Delphi, then. Hey, demigod, does your dad have any way to zap us over there quickly? Or are we walking all the way there?

Felandria
2013-03-19, 05:46 PM
Kiraiakos nods.

I guess we're going to Delphi, then. Hey, demigod, does your dad have any way to zap us over there quickly? Or are we walking all the way there?

I shall find out.

Felandria walks back to Zeus.

Father, not to interrupt, but is this more of a "Journey is more important than the destination" mission or more of a "Time is of the essence" mission?

Just wondering if you knew of a fast way to Delphi, if war is imminent, we need information as quickly as possible.

Sahaar
2013-03-19, 06:08 PM
After a several moments, zeus leans down and whispers, though his voice is still quite loud.

"The other gods would get angry if they found out I had sent you on this mission. A teleportation would be rather...loud and obvious. I'm afraid that in order to avoid causing discord with the other gods, you must travel by foot."

Felandria
2013-03-19, 07:18 PM
After a several moments, zeus leans down and whispers, though his voice is still quite loud.

"The other gods would get angry if they found out I had sent you on this mission. A teleportation would be rather...loud and obvious. I'm afraid that in order to avoid causing discord with the other gods, you must travel by foot."

Understood.

I shall depart with them at once, shall I remain at this size to avoid drawing undue attention?

Sahaar
2013-03-20, 05:29 AM
Zeus nods.

"Yes. Now hurry!"

Felandria
2013-03-20, 11:08 AM
Felandria returns to the trio of Oathbound.

We shall have to make it to Delphi on our own, Father wishes this to be a mission of stealth, he also wishes us to leave immediately.

Aric Kale
2013-03-27, 05:23 PM
A young man also joins the small group, he looks about 16 and angelic. He has spiked, white hair, white eyes, and white feathered wings...he wears no armor and his only armament is an ornate, ivory bow. Hail and well met! My name is Pneumakitos Cavrisma, Servant of Apollo. I have been told to join your quest.

Felandria
2013-03-28, 02:14 PM
Greetings, Pneumakitos, I am Felandria and this is.....

An opening for someone else to jump in.

Deathkeeper
2013-03-29, 12:28 AM
An opening seized by a certain young centaur coming up from Felandria's right side. He's muscular without being broad, clean shaven with matching brown hair on his head and lower body, and a bit over seven feet tall. Anyone knowledgeable with horses would say he's rather average in proportions. He's carrying a number of bags and such where his halves meet, but otherwise wearing nothing, as you'd probably expect from his race. He's carrying a poleaxe and is rather sweaty.
"Artus, if you don't mind me butting in, Miss. Pardon my appearance, but I was running late and had to really hoof it to get here on time. Anyway, I'm supposed to be helpin' keep everyone alive, so hope you don't mind me being here with the rest of you."

Sahaar
2013-03-30, 08:11 AM
Kiraiakos shrugs.

"I'm sure nobody minds being kept alive here."

Felandria
2013-03-31, 12:00 PM
Kiraiakos shrugs.

"I'm sure nobody minds being kept alive here."

Agreed.

As I was saying, this is Niklos, Hippolyte and Kiraiakos.

Sahaar
2013-04-01, 08:33 PM
Kiraiakos nods in acknowledgement.

"Hello there."

Aric Kale
2013-04-01, 09:18 PM
Cavrisma smiles, A pleasure to meet all of you. I am quite certain our quest will be sung about through the ages...

Deathkeeper
2013-04-02, 11:53 PM
Artus smiles, running a thumb over one of the snakes carved into his weapon's haft. "Well, that was easier than normal. Thanks, everyone."

Sahaar
2013-04-05, 06:40 PM
Kiraiakos nods. "Should we be going, then? Those Titans won't slay themselves."

Aric Kale
2013-04-06, 04:43 PM
The youth nods enthusiastically, That sounds like an excellent plan. Who is the leader of this party?

Felandria
2013-04-06, 06:23 PM
I am.

Zeus has entrusted me with this assignment and I shall not fail him or any of you.

Now, quickly, let's be off.

Deathkeeper
2013-04-06, 08:18 PM
Well then, you may lead the way.
The fact that he missed the part where everyone was told the destination he'll choose to ignore.

Sahaar
2013-04-09, 07:52 AM
"Very well, let's away then. To Delphi, away!" Kiraiakos says, falling in behind Felandria.

Aric Kale
2013-04-09, 09:06 AM
Pneumakitos nods once and flaps his wings. He falls into the back if the line, flying just a short distance from the ground.

Felandria
2013-04-17, 12:04 AM
The oracle should be able to tell us everything we need to know.

Let's be on the lookout for trouble, we don't want anyone to inform the others of our mission.

Deathkeeper
2013-04-17, 12:08 AM
Artus takes a spot on the side from the other three's line.
You got it. I'll be watching, I promise.

Sahaar
2013-04-19, 12:03 PM
"Alright, let's get going."

Kiraiakos leads the group away from the gathering, being careful not to draw any attention to them.

They head down the mountain.

"So...which way to Delphi?" He says as they reach the bottom of the mountain.

Aric Kale
2013-04-19, 06:20 PM
Cavrisma merely whistles a tune in response, content to stay in the back and wait for some action.

)(Feel free to skip until we get to some combat.)(

Sahaar
2013-04-22, 10:22 AM
The group heads onward in the direction of Delphi, passed the plains and through the forests, all the while getting to know each other and keeping an eye out for the enemies of the gods.

After several days of travel, they come across a large city, destroyed by some great battle. Corpses lie all over the street, and the sounds of fighting can be heard in the distance.

Felandria
2013-04-22, 11:56 AM
Keep an eye out, just because we don't see any titans doesn't mean someone's not around.

Deathkeeper
2013-04-22, 12:07 PM
Artus is rather pale. Uh, sure. This is...not pretty. What city was this, anyway?

Aric Kale
2013-04-22, 01:14 PM
Pneumakitos remains silent, but anyone can tell that it's from nervous tension. The lad reaches back takes his bow in hand, though no arrows are evident.

Sahaar
2013-05-02, 08:33 AM
"Let's find out what's going on up ahead."

The group heads into the decimated city, towards the sounds of battle. Corpses and ruins litter the streets; evidently a great, albeit one-sided battle took place here. Most of the dead are guards or civilians, though several heavily-armored humans with strange symbols painted on them can be seen.

As the group reaches a large, three-way intersection, a young woman, covered in blood, leaps out from a doorway.

"Run! Get back! Or they'll get you too!" She screams.

Felandria
2013-05-03, 10:49 PM
Who?

What did they look like?

Deathkeeper
2013-05-04, 11:45 PM
Artus is busy inspecting the wounds of the fallen to attempt to ascertain the nature of their foes' weapons.

Aric Kale
2013-05-05, 12:31 AM
There's no time to lose. Pneumakitos flies on, white light appearing in his left hand as he presses forward. So far the carnage hasn't affected his stomach yet, but time will tell...

Sahaar
2013-05-05, 09:01 PM
The girl turns to Felandria, her eyes still wide in horror.

"Beasts! Monsters! Human beings twisted and malformed beyond recognition! They came in force and slaughtered the guards in moments! Quickly! We must leave!"

In the distance, you hear the sounds of battle calm and eventually cease.

Felandria
2013-05-15, 12:51 PM
The girl turns to Felandria, her eyes still wide in horror.

"Beasts! Monsters! Human beings twisted and malformed beyond recognition! They came in force and slaughtered the guards in moments! Quickly! We must leave!"

In the distance, you hear the sounds of battle calm and eventually cease.

Felandria turns to the others.

What say you, should we head toward the noise or continue on our way?

Sahaar
2013-05-16, 09:07 AM
Kiraiakos draws his blades.

"I say we find whatever murdered these people and send it back to whatever pit spawned it. For honour and glory!"

Felandria
2013-05-30, 01:50 AM
Agreed.

We shall fight.

Aric Kale
2013-05-30, 03:31 PM
As Cavrisma pulls the string back on his bow, beam of red light appears in place of an arrow. This (laser) arrow thrums with energy as the angelic being flies on, looking for enemies...

Sahaar
2013-06-11, 02:59 PM
A door to the group's right suddenly bursts open, and a satyr, blade in hand, slowly walks out. Two more burst forth from the windows. Down the street, more arrive, drawn to the girl's screams.

"Come!" Says Kiraiakos. "Come and die!"

Felandria
2013-06-12, 09:49 PM
A door to the group's right suddenly bursts open, and a satyr, blade in hand, slowly walks out. Two more burst forth from the windows. Down the street, more arrive, drawn to the girl's screams.

"Come!" Says Kiraiakos. "Come and die!"

Felandria cricks her neck, pulls out her sword and smiles.

It's not fair.

The numbers aren't balanced.

They need more satyrs.

Deathkeeper
2013-06-12, 09:53 PM
Artus sighs and twirls his polearm.
Win or lose, it's more work for me. I'd tell you to stand down, cousins, but you're probably either insane or drunk, and neither are very good for negotiations.

Aric Kale
2013-06-12, 10:01 PM
The youth releases the red arrow and reloads as the bolt flies towards the chest of the nearest satyr. If it makes contact it should breeze past regular armor and fry internal organs, however, it's slower to reload than a regular longbow.

Sahaar
2013-06-15, 09:59 AM
"Negotiation? These are titanspawn, fool! They know no negotiation."

Kiraiakos leaps into the fray as Cavrisma's arrow piercies the heart of the lead satyr, sending it to the ground, screaming out in pain. He swings his blade in a wide arc, bisecting the first two beasts he sees. With fury in his eyes, he dives into the swarm, ready to kill.

Felandria
2013-06-16, 04:09 PM
Felandria turns towards the nearest satyr and attacks, aiming for the head.

Deathkeeper
2013-06-16, 09:04 PM
Artus' fighting style is defensive. He'll use his long reach to keep foes from getting near him or his allies, but he doesn't go for many killing blows. Still, a few of his strikes will be lethal for the satyrs swarming him.

Sahaar
2013-07-05, 07:08 PM
(sorry for being away for so long, guys D:)

In the background, a great horn is blared. In the distance, the galloping of hooves can be heard.

"Comrades, I fear the other titanspawn may have heard us!" Kiraiakos calls over the sound of battle.

Aric Kale
2013-07-05, 10:28 PM
)(S'all good. Just get into the habit of posting every day. Or every other day...)(

The lad flies about twenty feet into the air, providing cover fire for his comrades.

Felandria
2013-07-08, 01:52 PM
Felandria brings her sword down on the satyr's head, then turns to Kiraiakos.

Let them come, I will make them wish they never spawned.

Sahaar
2013-07-11, 12:16 PM
A great heard of Satyrs appears down the road. At the front of the group is a much larger beast carrying a much larger blade. It wears armor black as pitch and a helmet with great horns to complement its own natural pair jutting from the back of its furry head.

The great satyr, obviously a captain of sorts, raises its fist to the air and lets loose with a great bellow, signalling the others to charge. As the horde charges, you ready your weapons, but the captain grabs its head, as if suddenly struck with a revelation or brutal migraine. It bellows again, and the horde stops its charge, turning to face its leader. It begins to bellow and growl in a foreign language, and the beasts appear to lose their lust for blood.

"What madness is this?" asks Kiraiakos. "They have stopped charging!"