PDA

View Full Version : The KittyMancer ^u^

Vezok136
2013-03-19, 08:34 AM
im currently in the process of making my own cat-based class. if anyone has any ideas that could maybe help me, i would greatly appreciate any help! c: as of right now, its a rogue-esque class with sneak attack, a progressing natural claw attack with a bite, pounce, and rake at later levels, and a little house cat companion that gets "kindred aspects" of its feline cousins. feel free to help in any way. this is my first post on here ever. once i figure out how to, ill post a 20 level progression chart. thanks!:smallsmile:

Realms of Chaos
2013-03-19, 09:14 AM
You mean like the Cat Burglar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76770)?

Vezok136
2013-03-19, 09:50 AM
I had never seen that before, but i see what you mean. It is different in the aspect of not "wild shaping" (per say) into a cat, but rather being a melee class with an animal companion. it doesn't have any thief abilities, just mostly combat, with a few cat flavored funnies (not entirely sure about those yet).

Vezok136
2013-03-19, 09:55 AM
oh! and it will have abilities over cat creatures. it'll have pluses to checks against felines and canines as if they were like favored enemies. And it absolutely hates Gnolls. it will have a will save (low DC) against attacking them on site.

Bhu
2013-03-22, 10:37 PM
I eagerly await this ^_^

Xuldarinar
2013-03-23, 12:51 AM
How i'd go about it:

Refluff druid/urban druid. Focus on wild shaping into cats. Swap out some spells. Change casting stat to charisma. Swap out some elements for some elements from the rogue.

LordErebus12
2013-03-23, 01:25 AM
monk's fall from any height
sprint (like the cheetah)
pounce
alternate form (any cat form with level range)
Evasion
claw attacks
maybe rend
scent
jump and balance check bonuses.

Xuldarinar
2013-03-23, 01:29 AM
monk's fall from any height
pounce
Evasion
claw attacks
maybe rend
scent
jump and balance check bonuses.

I think we have a winner.

LordErebus12
2013-03-23, 01:34 AM
hmm, perhaps a disease on the claws?
Cat Scratch Fever
Incubation: 1/Week
Initial: 1d4 Str and Wis damage.
Secondary: 1d6 Con and Wis damage.

Alternate Secondary: Grow hair long, gain max ranks in Perform (Sing) and Perform (String Instruments), proficiency with guns, and weapon focus (guns).

http://www.giantpanther.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Ted-Nugent-VII.jpg

Vezok136
2013-05-07, 01:07 PM
those are all really good ideas, and "monk's fall from any height
pounce
Evasion
claw attacks
maybe rend
scent
jump and balance check bonuses" is pretty much most of what i was thinking!

Silvernale
2013-05-07, 01:29 PM
Book of Exalted Deeds has the Lion of Talisid PrC that gets the leonal's roar ability.. might be worth adding. The whole PrC is cat based.