PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew races, for the community worldbuilding thread.

Silverbit
2013-03-21, 04:53 PM
This is for this worldbuilding thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274008), but if you like it, use it anyway.
Sand-swimmers

No racial ability score adjustments.
Medium humanoid.
A sand-swimmer's base land speed is 30ft, and on sand, ash or other particulate soil, they have a burrow speed equal to their land speed if they are not wearing above light armour or above light encumbrance.
Fire resistance 5.
+2 on saving throws vs fire and heat based effects.
Sand-swimmers need half the equivalent water of a normal human per day.
Favoured class: Any. The sand-swimmers must fill many roles in the harsh desert.
Weapon proficiencies: Sand-swimmers learn how to use their racial weapons effectively from a young age. They are automatically proficient with the scimitar, short sword and eagle's claw (Sand).
Racial skills: From childhood, Sand-swimmers are trained to move like ghosts in the sand; when in desert environments, Sand-swimmers receive a +2 racial bonus to hide and move silently checks.
Level Adjustment: +0.

Right, feel free to post your comments, as this is my first homebrew. I think I did an ok job of it, but I'm very willing to change it. Did I miss anything out?

Frathe
2013-03-21, 05:33 PM
I think +2 is more normal for bonuses to saving throws. For a specific example, Half-giants have:

Fire Acclimated: Half-giants have a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against all fire spells and effects.

Also, you need to give a level adjustment. I think it looks fine besides that.

Silverbit
2013-03-21, 05:35 PM
Right, changing that now. Thanks for the input!